PDA

View Full Version : ICT: Dirtiest Team at ER this season?

Paisley Hibby
06-03-2016, 11:33 PM
Just saw John Hughes on Sportscene claiming that his team likes to play football. Had to laugh because for me, ICT would best be summed up as "Agricultural". Some absolutely shocking and cynical tackles, even worse than Hearts.

JJP
06-03-2016, 11:34 PM
Agreed. Red let them away with an incredible number of fouls.

hibsboy69
06-03-2016, 11:35 PM
Just saw John Hughes on Sportscene claiming that his team likes to play football. Had to laugh because for me, ICT would best be summed up as "Agricultural". Some absolutely shocking and cynical tackles, even worse than Hearts.

Yes, we all said the same. They played even less football than Hearts. I was very disappointed in them.

Poor show :grr:

Mikey09
06-03-2016, 11:37 PM

Big Marv will be back for the replay... :take that

matty_f
06-03-2016, 11:37 PM
They did play football, but were up there with the dirtiest team this season.

TheFamous1875
06-03-2016, 11:43 PM
Big Marv will be back for the replay... :take that

Marv and Thomson in the middle may crack skulls :cb

NorthHibees
06-03-2016, 11:50 PM
Yeah thought the same they were a dirty team got away with a lot too.

Jones28
06-03-2016, 11:50 PM
I work in agriculture and I can assure you I could be more delicate with a ****ing jcb than most of those hammer throwing, knuckle dragging Neanderthals Hughes describes as a "football" team.

Andy74
06-03-2016, 11:54 PM
I work in agriculture and I can assure you I could be more delicate with a ****ing jcb than most of those hammer throwing, knuckle dragging Neanderthals Hughes describes as a "football" team.

I think they also played some decent stuff. They are certainly tricky to play against.

Some of these teams have used their resources incredibly well the last few years.

Mikey09
06-03-2016, 11:56 PM
Retrospective action for the lad who kicked out at McGregor?! You kick out like that it's a red I'm afraid. Warren kicking anything that came near him yet his 2 pathetic falls when him and Fonts came together was embarrassing. Well done the Ref for booking him.

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2016, 11:59 PM
I would say they are the dirtiest, yes. Their game plan was definitely to make it physical and stop Hibs playing. I can't believe Yogi says his team likes to play football; unless it's Aussie Rules Football he's talking about.

portyhibernian
07-03-2016, 12:03 AM
I thought they were neat and tidy with the ball on the deck, but didn't really trouble us much coming forward, besides an undeserved equaliser which I think was more down to some poor defending from us. Ref was incredibly generous towards them at times and they were lucky to come away with their name still in the hat.

Jones28
07-03-2016, 12:05 AM
I think they also played some decent stuff. They are certainly tricky to play against.

Some of these teams have used their resources incredibly well the last few years.

Tricky to play against by being very, for want of a better work "athletic". In fairness the equiliser was a well worked goal and Hughes got his subs spot on in that respect.

Monts
07-03-2016, 12:14 AM
I imagine they were told to be a little more physical than usual in the hope that some of our players would hide, not wanting to risk injury ahead of the cup final.

Smartie
07-03-2016, 12:23 AM
Really??

Was nobody here at either of the Hearts games?

The peculiar shinty/ football/ rugby/ sodomy hybrid favoured by Levein was miles away from what ICT were trying to play today.

Yes, ICT mixed it at times but got the ball down and passed it from the back.

It was a Scottish Cup tie - what did we expect?

givescotlandfreedom
07-03-2016, 03:46 AM
ICT were a shower of hammer throwing cloggers. An insult to any self respecting tractor to be compared with them.

mikewynne
07-03-2016, 04:40 AM
Really??

The peculiar shinty/ football/ rugby/ sodomy hybrid favoured by Levein was miles away from what ICT were trying to play today.

Agreed, 100%.

KWJ
07-03-2016, 05:03 AM
Really??

Agree. Think Hughes did a great job with them and used his subs to great effect. We are in for a game up there.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2016, 07:30 AM
There is more than one way to play football, and when you have the resources they have, i'd take their league position and cup win over anything we've done in the last few years.

Winston Ingram
07-03-2016, 07:34 AM

It's close between them and Hearts but they probably edge it

SeanWilson
07-03-2016, 07:54 AM
I thought they were good. Happy to get stuck in and had the boy up top known how to play the line, they'd have been 1-1 with Oxley 3 or 4 times in the match.

IMO thy played more football than the yams over two ties.

jgl07
07-03-2016, 08:28 AM
They certainly reminded me of the Hearts team when they were full of Lithuanian cloggers.

Stokesy's on fire
07-03-2016, 08:44 AM
Really??

both of these teams are dirty. It would be interesting to see who has the most bookings

MB62
07-03-2016, 09:00 AM
They were brutal. Three bookings and one of them was for simulation. I agree, when they had the ball they knocked it about quite well, however, when we had the ball, they knocked us about, kicked everything in a green jersey. Stubbs should have given all our players a packet of condoms because we got no protection from the ref from those cloggers.

Brightside
07-03-2016, 09:25 AM
50/50 from both teams. Thomson was lucky to stay on the park in the first half.

07-03-2016, 10:37 AM
Team full of big brutes that just set out to batter us about. Lucky to end the game with 11 men. If we had had a half competent referee they wouldn't have been so lucky IMO.

Paisley Hibby
07-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Team full of big brutes that just set out to batter us about. Lucky to end the game with 11 men. If we had had a half competent referee they wouldn't have been so lucky IMO.

Totally agree. On plus side, in recent seasons Hibs would have crumbled under that kind of physical assault. But not this Hibs team.

allezsauzee
07-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Half their team could have been booked for persistent fouling....if the ref had actually given the foul in the first place. He was a disgrace!

jgl07
07-03-2016, 02:10 PM
They were that bad even the manager joined in and took out one of his own team:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35746202

Eyrie
07-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Hearts were worse.

At least Inverness were trying to get the ball with their physical approach. All the Yams wanted to do was niggle, hack, foul and break up play.

KiddA
07-03-2016, 04:50 PM

Agreed, they were a bunch of hammer throwers, so glad that Yogi is not our manager anymore truly awful football. I think he must have been watching a different game from us.

blackpoolhibs
07-03-2016, 05:07 PM
I do have to laugh at times at this place, should these teams that are clearly not as skilful as us just let us play them off the park?

ICT have a budget much less than ours, and they use it well, FFS they have even won the cup we cant get near, using tactics with the players available at their price.

I'd kill for a team that could do this.

Smartie
07-03-2016, 05:11 PM
I do have to laugh at times at this place, should these teams that are clearly not as skilful as us just let us play them off the park?

ICT have a budget much less than ours, and they use it well, FFS they have even won the cup we cant get near, using tactics with the players available at their price.

I'd kill for a team that could do this.

I thought they played good stuff when they had the ball and put themselves about big time when they didn't. EXACTLY what I want to see Hibs do.

They were streetwise enough to see that we had a weak ref and played a physical game accordingly. A couple of early yellow cards and I imagine they'd have approached the game differently.

Yogi changed the game with subs and probably encouraged the team to capitalise on the ref.

Top marks to Caley yesterday, I really don't know what folk expect teams to do - just roll over and get their bellies tickled?

It's a contact sport.

Andy74
07-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Agreed, they were a bunch of hammer throwers, so glad that Yogi is not our manager anymore truly awful football. I think he must have been watching a different game from us.

This doesn't really make much sense given that the main argument we had against Yogi was that we didn't have the ability or players to mix it and we tried to rely on playing football all the time.

HappyHibby93
07-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Big Marv will give them what for. 2-0 Hibs in the replay.

:gwa:

Lang Toun hibby
07-03-2016, 06:21 PM
This has been Hibs problems for a number of years – we are too soft! Caley have an excellent record against us both at Home and especially Away. Remember they won the Scottish Cup last year!
Unfortunately Marvin wasn’t playing as he would have made a difference which might got us over the line. Every team needs three or four guys who can handle themselves (so to speak) and ensure those around them are not shirking. David Gray and Marvin fall into that category. Excellent teams who do well in difficult away league games need the hardness element.

KiddA
07-03-2016, 06:44 PM
This doesn't really make much sense given that the main argument we had against Yogi was that we didn't have the ability or players to mix it and we tried to rely on playing football all the time.

Well he has changed obviously over time. His team went out to hurt Hibs and some of the tackles were wreckless and late. I was proud of Hibs mixing it up but for him to say his team played a lot of good football is laughable. Only one team playing football on Sunday and that was Hibs.

Sir David Gray
07-03-2016, 07:23 PM
I thought they were crap up until the last 20 minutes.

Stantons Angel
07-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Totally agree. On plus side, in recent seasons Hibs would have crumbled under that kind of physical assault. But not this Hibs team.

Thats exactly how i saw it. Hughes in his interview after the game said his team
"got stuck in, as you are allowed to do" Yes you are allowed to, but we were bullied in midfield by a bunch of cloggers and our ball players received no protection from that idiot of a referee! In the last few seasons we would not have had the strength or guile to withstand such physical attention. This team stood tall and held them off whilst being kicked all over the park.

In the last few games that we lost it was noticeable that the opposition shut us down very quickly whenever we had the ball. McGinn in particular had at least 3 marking him when in possession . making it very difficult for him to be as effective as he has been.

I dont see it being any different in the replay,we have to stay strong both physically and mentally and stand up to them. Its not going to be a game of silky soccer. I just hope we come out of it winners in more ways than one!