PDA

View Full Version : BBC Highlights

hibsboy69
06-03-2016, 11:17 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35740831

How did we not win that game ?!? :grr:

Very good performance from the boys, nowt to fear in the replay. Should give us confidence for the Cup Final.

Hibs Till We Die

:gwa:

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 11:26 PM
Having watched that I agree how did we not win that game?? I have to say Oxleys postioning for the goal was poor too.

hibsboy69
06-03-2016, 11:31 PM
Having watched that I agree how did we not win that game?? I have to say Oxleys postioning for the goal was poor too.

To be fair, the boy took a great touch (rollover) before shooting, so don't think Oxley had much chance with it.

Thought Lewis should've slid in with his left peg to stop the cross though. :boo hoo:

HibeeEmma
06-03-2016, 11:38 PM
For those outwith the UK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_iDw1uOcLE

"Right out the blue for Caley Thistle" :brickwall

hibs0666
06-03-2016, 11:45 PM

McGinn and Thompson didn't track the scorers run. Oxley as usual is the wrong target.

Hi Heid Yin
07-03-2016, 12:05 AM
Oxley's positioning was fine. It just happened to be a well executed goal.

Jones28
07-03-2016, 12:07 AM

I thought that initially but in fairness what else is he supposed to do? He comes out to make the target as small as possible, it was the lack of tracking a run or 2 that allowed them to get an equiliser.

Jumbo
07-03-2016, 12:43 AM
McGregor got pulled out of position as well and as mentioned Lewis should have slid to block cross. David Gray almost kept it out 😢

hibees 7062
07-03-2016, 01:46 AM
McGregor got pulled out of position as well and as mentioned Lewis should have slid to block cross. David Gray almost kept it out 

:top marks

givescotlandfreedom
07-03-2016, 02:59 AM
McGregor got pulled out of position as well and as mentioned Lewis should have slid to block cross. David Gray almost kept it out 😢

Exactly Jumbo, Lewis had a chance to clear it but sadly one of those things.

ACLeith
07-03-2016, 07:35 AM

Please explain why about Oxley

ALF TUPPER
07-03-2016, 07:35 AM
Oxley's positioning was fine. It just happened to be a well executed goal.

Agreed. Oxley an easy target these days.

GGTTH

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2016, 07:37 AM
Exactly Jumbo, Lewis had a chance to clear it but sadly one of those things.

Again.

ManBearPig
07-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Wow another attack on Ox he did what he had to do. It was a good attack and interplay into the box. Fine finish by mutumbo as well he needed the power to get it past gray as well. Really unlucky not to be through at first time of asking.

We played very well and whilst I've never been to Inverness but very tempted to go to this one.

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 12:22 PM
Agreed. Oxley an easy target these days.

GGTTH

Got to be said the absolute nonsense spouted at yesterdays game about Oxley was incredible. Apparently he should have been out at the edge of the box for crosses and should have collected a corner which McGinn cleared at the near post. We really do have an element that have to have a scapegoat and he is the focus of all ills. Give the guy a break.

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2016, 01:12 PM
Got to be said the absolute nonsense spouted at yesterdays game about Oxley was incredible. Apparently he should have been out at the edge of the box for crosses and should have collected a corner which McGinn cleared at the near post. We really do have an element that have to have a scapegoat and he is the focus of all ills. Give the guy a break.

Same where I was sitting (F5 Lower). In the 2nd half “he should’ve came for” one that was on about the penalty spot at least. It’s a lazy lazy shout.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 01:16 PM
Same where I was sitting (F5 Lower). In the 2nd half “he should’ve came for” one that was on about the penalty spot at least. It’s a lazy lazy shout.

He can come and claim a lot more than he does, that's what frustrates people.

matty_f
07-03-2016, 01:18 PM
He can come and claim a lot more than he does, that's what frustrates people.

They should still try and keep their shouts relevant though, unless they want that frustration to manifest itself in Oxley making radge dashes for balls anywhere in the box.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 01:19 PM
They should still try and keep their shouts relevant though, unless they want that frustration to manifest itself in Oxley making radge dashes for balls anywhere in the box.

I think his his decision making in general is poor. You were at Dumbarton weren't you? The second goal is criminal.

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2016, 01:22 PM
I think his his decision making in general is poor. You were at Dumbarton weren't you? The second goal is criminal.

:agree: Should've stayed on his line for that one.

matty_f
07-03-2016, 01:23 PM

I think sometimes his decision making is poor, but then so is mine sometimes, and so is every goalkeeper's, sometimes.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 01:25 PM
:agree: Should've stayed on his line for that one.

Comfortable save if he does.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 01:27 PM
I think sometimes his decision making is poor, but then so is mine sometimes, and so is every goalkeeper's, sometimes.

You're not being payed in excess of £1000 - £1500 a week though. He's a professional goalkeeper and at times he makes himself look amateur at best. Sorry, that's just how I feel about him.

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2016, 01:28 PM

:agree: Just like the one he made at 0-0 v Morton. He got moaned at for not going off his line there either, luckily he stayed and made the save.

Bet he wishes he hadn't listened to everyone shouting for him to get it at Dumbarton - it was "his ball" after all cos "if it's in the box the goalie should deal with it".

easty
07-03-2016, 01:29 PM
You're not being payed in excess of £1000 - £1500 a week though. He's a professional goalkeeper and at times he makes himself look amateur at best. Sorry, that's just how I feel about him.

How much is Cech getting paid at Arsenal, cos he was at fault for the Swansea winner the other week. Awful decision making. It happens to the best of them.

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2016, 01:30 PM

Do we have to declare salaries before commenting on here now? I’m not convinced anyone knowing my salary would make my opinion more valid.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 01:31 PM
:agree: Just like the one he made at 0-0 v Morton. He got moaned at for not going off his line there either, luckily he stayed and made the save.

Bet he wishes he hadn't listened to everyone shouting for him to get it at Dumbarton - it was "his ball" after all cos "if it's in the box the goalie should deal with it".

Anything between the the sticks and the 6yd box the keeper should be cleaning players out to get it. You never see keepers getting fouls given against them for that.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 01:33 PM
[QUOTE=Danderhall Hibs;4610241]Do we have to declare salaries before commenting on here now? I’m not convinced anyone knowing my salary would make my opinion more valid.[/QUOTE

he should be doing better. He's a professional footballer.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 01:34 PM
How much is Cech getting paid at Arsenal, cos he was at fault for the Swansea winner the other week. Awful decision making. It happens to the best of them.

Cech made one error, wenger had the balls to drop him, unless he was suspended on Saturday. Oxley has made quite a few over the last two seasons. If Czech can be dropped so can oxley.

Danderhall Hibs
07-03-2016, 01:36 PM
he should be doing better. He's a professional footballer.

You're allowed an opinion, I'm allowed to disagree with it. Picking on a mistake every now and again and trying to pin everything on one player is not my preferred option on how to support a team.

I'm not sure why it happens so often, we always seem to need one go to player.

lapsedhibee
07-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Cech made one error, wenger had the balls to drop him, unless he was suspended on Saturday.
Injured.

Hermit Crab
07-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Injured.

Fair enough. :aok:

hibs0666
07-03-2016, 02:13 PM

Eighteen shut outs this season.

Eighteen.

I'm sure you'll praise the goalie for that fantastic achievement won't you?

SlickShoes
07-03-2016, 02:19 PM
Stone wall penalty, missed a complete sitter, keeper having the game of his life, we have one lapse and the opposition score from it. I missed the first half yesterday so was a bit harsh on stokes based on his second half performance, especially the last half hour. Hope the players can keep the intensity going for 90 minutes on Sunday.

About time we got the rub of the green

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Stone wall penalty, missed a complete sitter, keeper having the game of his life, we have one lapse and the opposition score from it. I missed the first half yesterday so was a bit harsh on stokes based on his second half performance, especially the last half hour. Hope the players can keep the intensity going for 90 minutes on Sunday.

About time we got the rub of the green

We had that game in the bag, how Fontaine missed the early chance I dont know and to me Henderson was a pen and the handball just outside the box should have been seen also. The bottom line though is we lost a distinctly avoidable goal for the equaliser. Actually thought we were cruising at that point.

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-03-2016, 09:32 PM

Also Fraser Forster who has looked solid all season chucked in two goals at Bournemouth last week. The second one was almost identical to Nade's. Wonder if he is taking dogs abuse? All keepers make mistake, even the £10,000,000 ones.

MWHIBBIES
07-03-2016, 09:35 PM
Cech made one error, wenger had the balls to drop him, unless he was suspended on Saturday. Oxley has made quite a few over the last two seasons. If Czech can be dropped so can oxley.
:faf: Cech has been Arsenals best player this season, dropping him would be insane. No good manager bins a goalie after 1 mistake.

Onceinawhile
07-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Also Fraser Forster who has looked solid all season chucked in two goals at Bournemouth last week. The second one was almost identical to Nade's. Wonder if he is taking dogs abuse? All keepers make mistake, even the £10,000,000 ones.

Looked solid all season? He didn't start a game until 2016!!

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Looked solid all season? He didn't start a game until 2016!!

Been great since then though [emoji5] Broken records for his shut outs has he not? A very good goalie who had a howler last week was what I was getting at

NadeAteMyLunch!
07-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Absolutely scandalous that we never won yesterday [emoji35] Really good chance potentially gone.

Hibee Mac
08-03-2016, 01:24 AM
Thought we played very well for most of the game.

Anyone else think it was a blatant handball to stop Stokes being through 1 on 1??

erin go bragh
08-03-2016, 12:11 PM
:faf: Cech has been Arsenals best player this season, dropping him would be insane. No good manager bins a goalie after 1 mistake.

Jim Leighton would disagree. Made a clanger in a final for Man U , then ended up at Dundee reserves until we reserected his career.

GGTTH