PDA

View Full Version : Beam-back for Replay

Carheenlea
06-03-2016, 07:26 PM
As it looks likely that the replay won't be televised live, but could the club broadcast a beam back in BTG? A midweek trip to Inverness will be a non starter for most, but a private screening at ER would prove popular I've no doubt .

Brooster
06-03-2016, 07:29 PM
We would need to sell our allocation first before a beamback was allowed.....I think Im right in saying.

Carheenlea
06-03-2016, 08:19 PM
We would need to sell our allocation first before a beamback was allowed.....I think Im right in saying.

If that is indeed right, then we can forget it. Sure we will travel in decent numbers, but a sell out unlikely. In saying that though, did we not sell out a cup replay against Ross County up there in 2010?

Future17
06-03-2016, 08:46 PM
As it looks likely that the replay won't be televised live, but could the club broadcast a beam back in BTG? A midweek trip to Inverness will be a non starter for most, but a private screening at ER would prove popular I've no doubt .

If it's the same night as Champions League then we won't be able to do a beam back.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 09:15 PM
If that is indeed right, then we can forget it. Sure we will travel in decent numbers, but a sell out unlikely. In saying that though, did we not sell out a cup replay against Ross County up there in 2010?

I don't think it sold out, the away end was terracing back then so there was a smaller allocation. It was busy but not a sell out IIRC

Sir David Gray
06-03-2016, 09:46 PM
I was hoping to watch it on Hibs TV since I'll be abroad that week but I've just realised it's on a Champions League night so no live coverage allowed.

Cheers UEFA. :aok:

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 09:47 PM
I was hoping to watch it on Hibs TV since I'll be abroad that week but I've just realised it's on a Champions League night so no live coverage allowed.

Cheers UEFA. :aok:

Can the kick off time not be changed?

liamh2202
06-03-2016, 09:49 PM
When i the fund starting to donate power packs to the periscope broadcasters amongst us? Im stuck on portsmouth

Sir David Gray
06-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Can the kick off time not be changed?

I highly doubt it will be.

Considering the game could go to extra time and penalties, it would need to kick off around 5:30pm to ensure that it didn't clash with the Champions League games.

That would be a nightmare for any Hibs fans who were thinking about going to the game.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 09:53 PM

Considering the game could go to extra time and penalties, it would need to kick off around 5:30pm to ensure that it didn't clash with the Champions League games.

That would be a nightmare for any Hibs fans who were thinking about going to the game.

But if the Arsenal game is kicking off at 7 surely we can do the same? That has potential to go to ET and pens as well, it would be on at the same time as a champs league match during normal time anyway. :confused:

Sir David Gray
06-03-2016, 09:57 PM
But if the Arsenal game is kicking off at 7 surely we can do the same? That has potential to go to ET and pens as well, it would be on at the same time as a champs league match during normal time anyway. :confused:

I was just reading about that on the other thread.

I thought a match wasn't allowed to be shown on TV if it was on at the same time as a Champions League match.

If that's not the case and it's just that it can't kick off at the same time then bringing the kick off forward to 7:30pm is a no-brainer.

Carheenlea
06-03-2016, 09:57 PM

Would it? You're most likely not getting up there without time off work, so an early KO would maybe be better for folks getting back at a decent hour. Won't happen away.

blackpoolhibs
06-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Do ICT even have the facilities for Hibstv to cover the game?

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 10:02 PM

Definitely on TV.

If they can do it so can we however our audience will be far smaller than arsenals and hulls, might not be worth the money for broadcasting it.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Do ICT even have the facilities for Hibstv to cover the game?

Yes, they have to have camera facilities.

Squealing pig
06-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Periscope hopefully

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Is it not something to do with champs league involving a team from the same country?

Sir David Gray
06-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Is it not something to do with champs league involving a team from the same country?

No.

The replay against Hearts the other week couldn't be shown on TV because it was a Champions League night and there's no Scottish teams left in the competition.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 10:11 PM
No.

The replay against Hearts the other week couldn't be shown on TV because it was a Champions League night and there's no Scottish teams left in the competition.

Do they not class clubs from here as "British" though? Anyway, if BT can show the Arsenal game then the BBC can show the ICT v Hibs game. Just amend the kick off time.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2016, 10:16 PM
Do they not class clubs from here as "British" though? Anyway, if BT can show the Arsenal game then the BBC can show the ICT v Hibs game. Just amend the kick off time.

As far as football's concerned, Scotland and England are two different countries.

I would agree that if the Arsenal game's on TV then our game should be too.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 10:19 PM
As far as football's concerned, Scotland and England are two different countries.

I would agree that if the Arsenal game's on TV then our game should be too.

Posted on the other thread, use the loop hole to our advantage, schedule the replay for the Tuesday, postpone it and make it the Wednesday. Job done, game on tv or at the very least a beam back to Easter rd.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 10:20 PM
Periscope hopefully

Who's going stand with their phone/tablet in the air for 90 - maybe 120 minutes plus and hope their battery doesn't run out.

pundy man
06-03-2016, 10:57 PM
If tv money is good enough a 5pm kick off might work.

this would get game finished before CL games are on hopefully.

Any Hibs fans going would need a day off anyway and a early finish would get us down the road earlier.

The home fans should be ok with a early kick off and both clubs would make some decent cash if tv show it.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 11:01 PM

Any Hibs fans going would need a day off anyway and a early finish would get us down the road earlier.

The home fans should be ok with a early kick off and both clubs would make some decent cash if tv show it.

What about the possibility of extra time and pens?

DavieRoy
07-03-2016, 12:16 AM

Usually a beamback is only possible when an outside broadcast truck is at the game, with six cameras and replays etc.

Past beambacks like away games at Queen of the South, Hearts, Celtic and Rangers have had OB vans there anyway for BBC highlights or overseas broadcasts, so someone has paid for the truck, which can cost £50,000-£100,000 to put in including the cost of booking satellite time.

Basically, who is paying for that? The only other option is some internet based feed which will probably be just one camera and no replays and potentially an unreliable connection!

BoomtownHibees
07-03-2016, 12:29 AM

Not everybody will need a day off. It's only Inverness that we are going, no the moon!!

I will be looking to finish around 3.30 and getting up in plenty time

Brooster
07-03-2016, 08:17 AM

I will be leaving at 345 after a full days work as will about 1000 others. Why change to a 5pm kick off to suit the armchair fans?