PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Thomson

MUPPET
06-03-2016, 06:51 PM
I think Thommo deserved his own thread today - often criticised but was excellent today in a tough game. Thoughts?

Libby Hibby
06-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Outstanding today

ancient hibee
06-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Man of the match.

3pm
06-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Certainly far from finished as has been suggested.

murray26
I was worried about his ability to last the 90 but played very well.. He's turned into a much needed signing and after today a candidate for a cup final starting slot..

hibee_girl
Man of the match.

:agree:

Pretty Boy
06-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Put himself in the picture for a start next week.

Still think it will, and should, be Bartley but he's put himself in contention. Was superb today.

gaz1875
06-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Probably shaded man of the match for me but only just, a few good performances today.

Ginger Gehagan
06-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Easily his best performance since coming back, thought he was our best player today.

hibsbollah
06-03-2016, 07:05 PM
McGregor was my MOTM again, he's performing wonderfully at the moment, but Thomson was great today. Showed he wouldn't be intimidated and probably finished with a few bruises.

Mikey09
06-03-2016, 07:08 PM
WHAT?!!!! **** off!!! He's finished! Source I hear you ask?? Hibs.net last week. :greengrin

Hi Heid Yin
06-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Yes, well done Thomson!:agree:

Seveno
Thomson was pure class. He played as well today as in his younger days.

anon1875
pretty sure he let the boy who scored go instead of tracking the run today

lucky
06-03-2016, 07:11 PM
KT played very well but I'd play Fyvie next week.

Aldo
06-03-2016, 07:13 PM
KT played very well but I'd play Fyvie next week.

Bit of a headache for Stubbs next weekend with so many players coming in and doing well!

Crammond Hibee
06-03-2016, 07:17 PM
I was worried about his ability to last the 90 but played very well.. He's turned into a much needed signing and after today a candidate for a cup final starting slot..

As I said on another thread he did well today but tired and should have been subbed .
Should have tracked the goalscorer.

TheFall
06-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Well done KT.
Gave his all.
Didn't think he would last more than an hour.
Think he can play hard 3 games a month.
His matchtime needs to be carefully managed.

Shrekko
06-03-2016, 07:21 PM
I think Thommo deserved his own thread today - often criticised but was excellent today in a tough game. Thoughts?

Amazing how a player can be 'often criticised' when he's only played 5/6 games and been decent in all but one.

Fact is, the next average game he has in he league you'll have the same folk making crass statements about him being 'finished'. His performance today and in the Hearts game PROVES to anyone with even half a brain that he has a lot to offer. His passes are beautifully weighted and he's far more creative than the know it all's who claim he slows the game down give him credit for. He can't get around the park like he used to but he's an excellent guy to have available to us.

I see no reason why he AND Bartley can't start for us next week?

Aldo
06-03-2016, 07:21 PM
As I said on another thread he did well today but tired and should have been subbed . Should have tracked the goalscorer.

He wouldn't of caught him hence the reason Lewis busted a gut to get back in.

A CH should of read the ball and closed the player down.

Ronniekirk
06-03-2016, 07:23 PM
Showed his worth today but was never going to last the 90 minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crammond Hibee
06-03-2016, 07:25 PM

Ok I will check the highlights but I thought Kevin should have tracked him

Aldo
06-03-2016, 07:27 PM

Don't think he had the legs to catch him so Lewis tried to get back!

Seekyit
06-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Don't think he was expected to make as many appearances as he has. He did well today though, no question.

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Don't think he had the legs to catch him so Lewis tried to get back!

Lewis chased the boy that put the cross in, not the goal scorer

J-C
06-03-2016, 07:28 PM
Played very well today and got stuck into their rough tactics, his problem may be that he's not able to play at that level week in week out.

Big_Franck
06-03-2016, 07:29 PM
I'm not usually his biggest fan but credit where it's due I thought he played well today. There was a 5 minute spell towards the end , maybe 75-80 where he looked like he was blowing out his erse but that was to be expected. Got to give him credit though as he kept going and wasn't struggling as much in the last few minutes as I thought he might be. His passing and composure on the ball throughout were very good today.

Aldo
Lewis chased the boy that put the cross in, not the goal scorer

Sorry he did!

BoomtownHibees
Sorry he did!

He did what??

tamig
06-03-2016, 07:32 PM
McGregor was my MOTM again, he's performing wonderfully at the moment, but Thomson was great today. Showed he wouldn't be intimidated and probably finished with a few bruises.

Seriously? McGregor got ripped early doors today but came into his own when we switched to a three after McGeough went off. Not MoTM but Thomson had a pretty sound and error free 90 mins.

Aldo
06-03-2016, 07:34 PM
He did what??

??? It was a response to your previous post??

tamig
06-03-2016, 07:35 PM

Sorry Aldo but think it's bern mentioned a few times before. Gonnae stop saying "of" instead of "have"? 😫

Aldo
06-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Sorry Aldo but think it's bern mentioned a few times before. Gonnae stop saying "of" instead of "have"? dde2b

Nope

Forgive me for not being perfect! :-)

And I think it might OF been someone else. I'd OF thought they would OF picked me up before now! ;-)

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2016, 07:38 PM
??? It was a response to your previous post??

I know that but wasn't sure if you meant you agreed or disagreed with it

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Sorry Aldo but think it's bern mentioned a few times before. Gonnae stop saying "of" instead of "have"? 😫

Maybe you could stop saying "bern" instead of "been" 👍🏼

Andy74
06-03-2016, 07:40 PM
Yeah thought he was good today. Helped when we had more central defenders behind him mind you.

Aldo
06-03-2016, 07:40 PM
I know that but wasn't sure if you meant you agreed or disagreed with it

No i agree with what you are saying about tracking back!!

Shrekko
06-03-2016, 07:41 PM

Amazing how a player can be 'often criticised' when he's only played 5/6 games and been decent in all but one.

Fact is, the next average game he has in he league you'll have the same folk making crass statements about him being 'finished'. His performance today and in the Hearts game PROVES to anyone with even half a brain that he has a lot to offer. His passes are beautifully weighted and he's far more creative than the know it all's who claim he slows the game down give him credit for. He can't get around the park like he used to but he's an excellent guy to have available to us.

I see no reason why he AND Bartley can't start for us next week?

Crammond Hibee
06-03-2016, 07:43 PM
No i agree with what you are saying about tracking back!!

Thanks

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2016, 07:47 PM
I would like to see Bartley and Thommo in a 4 2 3 1 normal back 4 Bart and Thommo holding Hendo McGinn and Mcgough if fit with JC and Stokesy up front, thought he was good today.

That wouldn't be a 4231 then would it?

Eaststand
06-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Man of the match.

Agreed, he was composed, cool and outstanding today

GGTTH:aok:

Aldo
06-03-2016, 07:48 PM
I would like to see Bartley and Thommo in a 4 2 3 1 normal back 4 Bart and Thommo holding Hendo McGinn and Mcgough if fit with JC and Stokesy up front, thought he was good today.

Bartley or KT would be replaced by a fit Fyvie!

skipster7
06-03-2016, 07:50 PM

So would i but it would mean playing with no goalie ?:wink:

KWJ
06-03-2016, 07:51 PM

whs.

tamig
06-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Maybe you could stop saying "bern" instead of "been" 👍🏼

Aye, on the phone and just spotted that. Apologies guv 😕

eastmainsmsh
06-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Never wasted a ball brilliant today

Smartie
06-03-2016, 07:59 PM

Seriously? McGregor got ripped early doors today but came into his own when we switched to a three after McGeough went off. Not MoTM but Thomson had a pretty sound and error free 90 mins.

I thought McGregor was all over the shop for about the first 10 minutes. They started quite well and put us under a bit of pressure but McGregor looked rattled and was making mistake after mistake.

Fair play to McGregor though, he settled down and went on to put in a mighty shift.

Thommo was MOTM for me though. He's put in some big performances since he came back and he threw everything he had at that game today - again.

GreenLake
06-03-2016, 08:00 PM
Stood up to a strong physical side and played some nice football.

snooky
06-03-2016, 08:01 PM
pretty sure he let the boy who scored go instead of tracking the run today

Always been his biggest weakness, IMO.

tamig
06-03-2016, 08:08 PM
I thought McGregor was all over the shop for about the first 10 minutes. They started quite well and put us under a bit of pressure but McGregor looked rattled and was making mistake after mistake.

Fair play to McGregor though, he settled down and went on to put in a mighty shift.

Thommo was MOTM for me though. He's put in some big performances since he came back and he threw everything he had at that game today - again.
Agreed. I was saying McGregor wasn't MOTM because of the start but Tommo was as good a candidate as any. I don't think McGinn deserved it on today's performance although he was a bit more like the guy who's better than Zidane 😀

cmcd
06-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Always been his biggest weakness, IMO.

Kevin should have been our. MOM if some can't see that they no FA about football

Crammond Hibee
06-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Kevin should have been our. MOM if some can't see that they no FA about football

Being a midfield player is about tracking your man
He didn't they scored
Pity but there it is

keep the faith
06-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Man of the match for me.

Never wasted a pass and broke things up all day. Superb performance.

Aldo
06-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Aye, on the phone and just spotted that. Apologies guv dde15

*insert me shaking head!!! ;-)

JimBHibees
06-03-2016, 08:49 PM
As I said on another thread he did well today but tired and should have been subbed .
Should have tracked the goalscorer.

Tend to agree about the goal.

Nicho87
06-03-2016, 08:50 PM
He was superb today anyone says otherwise needs to get along to tynie. Put his body on the line with a few tasty 50/50 with that big huddy number 8

JimBHibees
06-03-2016, 08:53 PM

2 or 3 mistakes with the goal, Lewis should have tracked, centre back over committed and Thommo should have tracked the scorer. Really poor goal.

cmcd
06-03-2016, 09:06 PM

The player who never makes a mistake is yet to be born KT was outstanding today

Gogs07
06-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Thomson was in great form today and battled away all day with their midfield..

should start for next week, with Fyvie on the bench.

Boyle89
06-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Thought Thomson was partly at fault for the goal myself. Just followed the ball as did mcgregor and nobody tracked mutombo. Other than that it was a neat and tidy performance on the ball and determined off it from kt.

spudhib
06-03-2016, 09:32 PM
2 or 3 mistakes with the goal, Lewis should have tracked, centre back over committed and Thommo should have tracked the scorer. Really poor goal.

Lewis did track back just forgot to challenge when he got there lol.

Vault Boy
06-03-2016, 09:47 PM
Thommo's passing was first rate all game. Thought he (not unlike the rest of the team tbh) tired quite sorely toward the end when it came to tracking back and following runs, but still managed to show his composure and ability on the ball. I think the illusion that all he does is play safe passes to the flanks and back four came simply from the poor football on display during his second stint. With players actually willing to take the ball to feet in front of him, Thomson is excelling as somewhat of a deep lying playmaker.

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 09:49 PM
He lost his man for the goal. Caught ball watching.

Jonnyboy
06-03-2016, 09:51 PM
His performance wasn't perfect but it was worth him getting praise for his contribution. Pity some would rather concentrate on pointing out a negative

Crammond Hibee
06-03-2016, 11:17 PM

I checked the highlights and I am of the same opinion that Kev should have tracked the goalscorer

Shrekko
06-03-2016, 11:21 PM
I checked the highlights and I am of the same opinion that Kev should have tracked the goalscorer
That's good you agree with yourself then.

Hopefully some more posters can come on and offer the same opinion as the point clearly needs reinforced.

Seemed to be a few players partly culpable for the goal from what I can see.

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2016, 11:23 PM
That's good you agree with yourself then.

Hopefully some more posters can come on and offer the same opinion as the point clearly needs reinforced.

Seemed to be a few players partly culpable for the goal from what I can see.

Thomson was running just in front of the scorer and kept going when the scorer checked his run and moved in to the box. Thommo should have been more aware of his movement

Winston Ingram
06-03-2016, 11:26 PM
He was first class today. His use of the ball was excellent but he gave as good as he got against a very physical midfield.

His haters will be ragin

Hermit Crab
06-03-2016, 11:27 PM

3 players went to the ball in the corner, Thomson lets the boy run. It may not be his man to mark but he's running on his own and he should have seen the danger.

Booked4Being-Ugly
06-03-2016, 11:31 PM
3 players went to the ball in the corner, Thomson lets the boy run. It may not be his man to mark but he's running on his own and he should have seen the danger.I don't think our CH (McGregor I think it was) should have left his man to help Stevenson. That was the real mistake for the goal.

TheFamous1875
06-03-2016, 11:46 PM
I thought McGinn was at fault for the goal. Thomson went to help Stevenson and McGinn stopped tracking back.