PDA

View Full Version : Goals

HibsNutter
06-03-2016, 05:22 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/scotland/35740831?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Great build up from Stokes, good pick out by Gray for a neat finish from Keatings.

Their goal, so easily avoidable, if Thomson stays with his man - the goalscorer - we don't concede. Played well today, but switched off here and it cost us dearly.

JollyGreenGiant
06-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Stevenson should have stopped the cross by sliding in with his left foot, instead he goes with his right 🙈

Just seen the replays on sky.

Monts
06-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Very harsh to blame anyone for their goal.

Adniston Burn
06-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Stevenson should have slid in and stopped the cut back.

hiberactive
06-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Stevenson has to slide and block that for me-cut out the cross.0

Shore Thing
06-03-2016, 05:34 PM
Great team goal for Hibs.
Stokes' dummy was lovely - we've been taking far too many shots which are aimed straight at the defender recently but this for me summed up exactly what works for our team - wee dummy, commit the defender, fast low pass into the box.
10/10 for effort today despite tired legs - and gave as good as we got from the big, physical, pushy ICT players.

HibsNutter
06-03-2016, 05:35 PM

Why? Thomson clearly switched off and we paid the price for it. As I said I was impressed with him today, and was raving about him earlier on in the game but he is clearly at fault for the goal.

Benny Brazil
06-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Stevenson should have stopped the cross by sliding in with his left foot, instead he goes with his right 

Just seen the replays on sky.

That was my thought at the time.

SeanWilson
06-03-2016, 05:36 PM

It's not though.... That run could be seen coming from Fife.

Monts
06-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Why? Thomson clearly switched off and we paid the price for it. As I said I was impressed with him today, and was raving about him earlier on in the game but he is clearly at fault for the goal.

Because it was a well worked goal. Almost any goal you could say the defender could've done better. I think it would be harsh to say they were to blame though.

Aldo
06-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Stevenson should have slid in and stopped the cut back.

For me it should of been one of the CH's cutting the pass out. Ball was lost in MF and telegraphed into space behind.

Scapegoating on here is really starting to piss me off

Stevenson has to slide and block that for me-cut out the cross.0

See above

I stand by what I said above.... Playing 3 at back and any balls played in behind should be read and one of them needs to cut it out.

Back to Lewis being the 'Scapegoat' by some this week.

Why do we do this

bingo70
06-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Because it was a well worked goal. Almost any goal you could say the defender could've done better. I think it would be harsh to say they were to blame though.

Spot on, this need to find blame for every goal drives me nuts.

Of course if someone had done something differently at some point during the move then it could have been avoided but everyone gave everything they had today so to and single someone out for blame is unnecessary imo.

Two very good goals and credit for both should go to the attacking side.

Lancs Harp
06-03-2016, 05:54 PM
As we were discussing on a thread the other day regarding playing three at the back the flanks are the most vulnerable areas. Caley pushed the ball into the area where the fullback normally plays, Stevenson is huffing and puffing to try and get back from an advanced position and the cover from the centre cant get over in time to stop the cross and we're one defender less in the middle because he has tried to cover.

Where the 3-5-2 did work for us was in the latter part of he first half and the first part of the second half leading up to our goal where we pressed high up he pitch and forced ICT to continually cough up the ball or go long.

Swings and roundabouts I guess but personally Im pleased with how we played today we created the better chances played the better football and were a little unlucky (that goalmouth scramble and Stokes hitting the post spring to mind).

hibsboy69
06-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Can't believe Stevenson doesn't slide in to stop the cross (he'd done the difficult part by making up the ground to get there!)

FFS.

LaMotta
06-03-2016, 06:01 PM

Correct.

Onceinawhile
06-03-2016, 06:01 PM
I blame oxley.

bingo70
06-03-2016, 06:02 PM
Can't believe Stevenson doesn't slide in to stop the cross (he'd done the difficult part by making up the ground to get there!)

FFS.

Think he did slide in to stop the cross?

hibsboy69
06-03-2016, 06:35 PM
Think he did slide in to stop the cross?

I meant a proper slide with his left leg (apologies, should've made that clearer).

itslegaltender
06-03-2016, 07:00 PM
Should Gray have saved it with his hands? Would have gave Oxley a chance of saving the penalty?

hibsbollah
06-03-2016, 07:03 PM
Watch the attacking players for the ICT goal. They executed everything perfectly, trying to blame any Hibs player is tornfaced disastery of the highest order.

Aldo
06-03-2016, 07:19 PM
Watch the attacking players for the ICT goal. They executed everything perfectly, trying to blame any Hibs player is tornfaced disastery of the highest order.

Well it would appear there are a few posters that seem intent on even the positive threads to point the finger and are looking for a 'scapegoat'.

Some are never happy regardless!!

Hi Heid Yin
06-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Two well crafted and taken goals. No one can be blamed either side.

oneone73
06-03-2016, 07:23 PM

Agreed. Well said

Unseen work
06-03-2016, 07:29 PM
Very poor positioning from both of our centre backs IMO.

Eyrie
06-03-2016, 07:46 PM

That is far too sensible a post for .net, but you're 100% right.

Lancs Harp
06-03-2016, 07:51 PM

That's very true but you can always analyse how goals were conceded and scored Im pretty sure Stubbsy and co will be doing so.