PDA

View Full Version : Knackered

KWJ
06-03-2016, 04:40 PM
2 games a week is definitely catching up on us.

Having a rested Bartley and Cummings will be big for Sunday, fingers crossed McGeouch is good to go.

I said it before and was shot down a bit but I'd have liked to have Stanton, Harris and maybe another of our loan players around the team just to freshen us up and let the odd player rest up a bit more.

I don't think it's just the physical side too, the mental side of game after game after game will play an effect too.

I think we're okay at the back but in midfield even a youngster or two could be welcome.

eastterrace
06-03-2016, 04:42 PM
2 games a week is definitely catching up on us. Having a rested Bartley and Cummings will be big for Sunday, fingers crossed McGeouch is good to go. I said it before and was shot down a bit but I'd have liked to have Stanton, Harris and maybe another of our loan players around the team just to freshen us up and let the odd player rest up a bit more. I don't think it's just the physical side too, the mental side of game after game after game will play an effect too. I think we're okay at the back but in midfield even a youngster or two could be welcome. Harris and Stanton wouldn't have been able to stand up to the physical side of the game today so sorry not for me

rcarter1
06-03-2016, 04:44 PM
2 games a week is definitely catching up on us.

Having a rested Bartley and Cummings will be big for Sunday, fingers crossed McGeouch is good to go.

I said it before and was shot down a bit but I'd have liked to have Stanton, Harris and maybe another of our loan players around the team just to freshen us up and let the odd player rest up a bit more.

I don't think it's just the physical side too, the mental side of game after game after game will play an effect too.

I think we're okay at the back but in midfield even a youngster or two could be welcome.

The high standard of passing we are capable of makes it a risk to bring in players who may not match that. Stokes even looks a level below at times when compared to the rest of the team. If these fringe players have been getting in amongst the goals with their teams, it might be a different story. Someone who can be running from deep as a major part of their game would give us a different way to get at teams.

KWJ
06-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Harris and Stanton wouldn't have been able to stand up to the physical side of the game today so sorry not for me

I wouldn't have had them in today but maybe one or the other could've played v Morton and another in v QotS, ken.

djs69
06-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Harris has done nothing in a Hibs shirt apart from the Falkirk game

Zazu62
06-03-2016, 04:58 PM

He played well at the PBS one time I think when Caldwell scored ??

KWJ
06-03-2016, 04:59 PM

Well that's pish. He's done nothing since that injury would be fair.

I've actually just realised that we don't have a midweek game, makes me much more optimistic for the final.

Smartie
06-03-2016, 05:01 PM
I think we could really have done with some of the players we have out on loan these past few weeks.

Scott Martin and Jordon Forster would certainly have featured had they been here.

I know they probably want to be playing 1st team football but we've needed every single player in our squad of late.

Stubbs had a horrible lack of midfield options today.

SeanWilson
06-03-2016, 05:07 PM
The high standard of passing we are capable of makes it a risk to bring in players who may not match that. Stokes even looks a level below at times when compared to the rest of the team. If these fringe players have been getting in amongst the goals with their teams, it might be a different story. Someone who can be running from deep as a major part of their game would give us a different way to get at teams.

Your comment on stokes is utter pish imo. Stokes has and still looks good, his movement and thinking throughout the game is brilliant. He played a couple of tired passes today but all in all he's a good addition to the squad and people need to back off.

TheFamous1875
06-03-2016, 05:09 PM
Its a shame that we cannot bring on-loan players back at the point of need. Scott Martin would've been a good option today coming off the bench for the eventually knackered John McGinn and Liam Henderson. Personally I thought we should've had Boyle and El-Alagui on for Keatings and Stokes for the last 20 mins to go at the opposition.

Ozyhibby
06-03-2016, 05:10 PM
Apart from a ten minute spell in the second half I thought Stokes was excellent today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HibsNutter
06-03-2016, 05:11 PM
I'd recall Stanton if possible, we couldn't afford another injury in midfield today as we had no more options.

With a weeks rest now, hopefully we can be freshen up and be back to our best to win the cup final and book our place in another semi.

CorrieHibs
06-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Apart from a ten minute spell in the second half I thought Stokes was excellent today.

Same here. He done brilliantly for the goal.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2016, 05:21 PM

Glad it's not just me.

Some of the criticism he is getting is strange. He ran his socks off, showed some brilliant movement and created the goal. He got tired and sloppy but was far from the only one. If he was subbed with 15 to go people would have been tipping him as MOTM.

staunchhibby
06-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Maybe people will lay off Stokes now.Thought he showed some nice touches today

Thecat23
06-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Stokes done exactly what Malonga used to do today. Held the ball well, got into good positions. I think he also worked his socks off and was shattered near the end.

No one can have a go at him today after that.

Aldo
06-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Glad it's not just me. Some of the criticism he is getting is strange. He ran his socks off, showed some brilliant movement and created the goal. He got tired and sloppy but was far from the only one. If he was subbed with 15 to go people would have been tipping him as MOTM.

Both Stokes and Keatings played very well and never gave the ICT back line a minutes peace.

Glad he got his goal but the lead up play with Stokes instrumental in the build up.

LithgaeHibby
06-03-2016, 05:33 PM
Stokes's best game for us since he arrived I thought. His passing and movement were great. He looked tired towards the end and I think Stubbs should have subbed him for Farid at 75mins. Instead he brought Dagnall on and it was too late to really change things.

Lancs Harp
06-03-2016, 05:35 PM
Thought Stokes had his best game since his return today. No lack of effort, showed some nice touches and linked with Keatings pretty well.

Having said that he did have a 15 minute spell in the second half when his passing radar was certainly turned off.

Libby Hibby
06-03-2016, 05:36 PM
Stokes played well today, anyone who said he didn't need their head read or are trolling

Albanian Hibs
06-03-2016, 06:15 PM
Stokes played well today, anyone who said he didn't need their head read or are trolling

The clown that sits behind me still called him a useless ******* along with Keatings being a jambo *******. Does my head in.