06-03-2016, 04:25 PM
He looked completely lost out there. I doubt he could referee a kids game

Scottie
06-03-2016, 04:26 PM
He was minging for both teams today :agree:

Monts
06-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Have seen worse than him.

I've seen worse decisions, but this guy just didn't seem to want to make any.

Bayern Bru
06-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Made some bizarre decisions, and also bizarrely didn't blow for what seemed to be obvious fouls for both sides.

But he was still far from the worst we've had.

Bishop Hibee
06-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Worst this season. They were the most physical team at ER this season and that moron let them away with murder. East stand side linesman was crap too.

Pretty Boy
06-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Murder.

ICT fans will be saying the same as well I bet.

bigwheel
06-03-2016, 04:34 PM
He did make some bizarre calls...that said, I quite enjoyed the way he let the game continue to flow...

J-C
06-03-2016, 04:35 PM
They kicked us off the park all game and he did bugger all till the second half, very weak and once again consistency is thrown out the window again.

SouthMoroccoStu
06-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Not sure what the Inverness fans would have to complain about.

The ref let them away with murder all game. Ignoring hand balls, fouls, foul throws and play acting.

The 4th official was a screwball who looked like mark warburton

KWJ
06-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Didn't think he was that bad really.

They knocked us about a fair bit but I reckon he just about dealt with it okay. Probably got the big decisions right.

It was a very feisty match where another ref would've sent off a player from both teams and I doubt that would have suited us.

Phil MaGlass
06-03-2016, 04:37 PM
Scottish fitba has a real lack of quality refs, seems they are all pi5h. I would say none are good enough to be reffing or effing in Europe.

Bishop Hibee
06-03-2016, 05:24 PM

They knocked us about a fair bit but I reckon he just about dealt with it okay. Probably got the big decisions right.

It was a very feisty match where another ref would've sent off a player from both teams and I doubt that would have suited us.

Who would have gone off for Hibs? I believe their player who brought Henderson down was already on a booking. Ref bottled it. Mata sent off for exactly the same.

HibsNutter
06-03-2016, 05:25 PM
Let so many bookable offences go from Caley players, for what reason I have no idea. Incompetent.

Libby Hibby
06-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Caley boy, no27 I think, should've been sent off but again wasn't then subbed immediately after the incident...he was poor, he tried to hide his ineptitude by playing 'advantage'

Adniston Burn
06-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Out of his depth. Not even Junior standard.

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Who would have gone off for Hibs? I believe their player who brought Henderson down was already on a booking. Ref bottled it. Mata sent off for exactly the same.
Thomson for his elbow maybe?

Also, from where I sat, the Henderson one looked like a dive and I thought the ref was coming over to book him.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bishop Hibee
06-03-2016, 05:36 PM
If the ref believes that's a foul it's a second booking. They were at him all game too. He was awful,

O'Rourke3
06-03-2016, 05:40 PM
Im all for the ref playing advantage but he let some shockers go and there ought to be an advantage. 2 in 3 seconds at the end of the first. He also didnt then stack up a persistent foul count. There were at least 2 blatent pushes he couldnt fail to miss but managed to. Bloody awful ref and tbats before ive had a chance to review our penalty shouts...

Sent via the bushes @ EM

green day
06-03-2016, 05:41 PM

He was crap, and one of them should have walked for a 2nd yellow (Jersey pull on McGregor).

He let so much go unpunished 1st half the ICT hammer throwers had a field day.

LithgaeHibby
06-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Terrible ref

number9dream
06-03-2016, 05:54 PM
The disdainful way he ignored Gray as our captain asked repeatedly why on earth wasn't Vigurs booked for sliding in late and scything him down is all too typical of our 'top' Scottish refs.

Danderhall Hibs
06-03-2016, 05:57 PM
The boy up front (no 38?) booted the ball away when offside at 0-0. No booking - why?

PISTOL1875
06-03-2016, 06:05 PM
Crawford Allan is a welt.. Strolls about his work like a ref and has small man syndrome.. A arrogant human being who will be getting pelters tomorrow...

Expecting Rain
06-03-2016, 06:07 PM
Just carrying on the inept standards of officialdom,
can't differentiate from previous incompetence.
Definition of a foul......phone a friend.

Golden Bear
06-03-2016, 06:08 PM
Thought he was ok, lenient with the bookings certainly but maybe that's got something to do with the daftie rulings relating to yellow cards in the Cup.

LaMotta
06-03-2016, 06:13 PM
The boy up front (no 38?) booted the ball away when offside at 0-0. No booking - why?

It appears that for some reason whether its a yellow card or not is dependant on when the offence happens and also what the score is!

KWJ
06-03-2016, 06:15 PM

If it had continued to boil over and he'd brought cards out I'm speculating it'd have been evened up. He could have booked Storey and Daz when they came together but no cards made more sense and was good for DM. I think, and hope, that Storey got booked shortly after for shirt pulling DM.

ICT were definitely robust but they played some nice passing too. We did well not to cave into them for the first hour.

I wouldn't go as far to say the ref was good but from my viewing he was above average over the course of this season.

Onion
06-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Thought he was ok, lenient with the bookings certainly but maybe that's got something to do with the daftie rulings relating to yellow cards in the Cup.

In the first half, there was only one team trying to play passing football, and one intent on stopping that happening by whatever mean possible. The problem I have with a ref like today, is that by trying to keep his cards in his pocket, he gives carte blanche to the offenders to just keep on offending, and that's exactly what ICT did. The ref was weak and allowed far far too many could to be committed across the park, which probably proved material to the outcome. Had the ref showed a yellow or two early doors, the game would have flowed much better.

easty
06-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Talking of ***** refs, I saw the shocker the ref in the Wimbledon v Acrington had yesterday. It was on Sky Sports News this morning.

Coming up to half time, thier boy controls the ball about 10 yards out, defenders round him, gets a bit of a break of the ball, swings to shoot, just as he hits the ball the ref blew for half time, and the ball shoots in the net. If that had happened to us we would be raging!

GreenCastle
06-03-2016, 06:40 PM
How did the player not get booked for bringing Gray down in 2nd half ?

Another inconsistent performance I felt. Not the worst we have had this season though.

ancient hibee
06-03-2016, 06:44 PM
One good thing-Inverness now know that we won't be intimidated.

erin go bragh
06-03-2016, 07:04 PM
No one mentioned the deliberate hand ball their player made in his box ,second half :cb Stone wall pen . Ref had no control of the game , let their players away with murder .

GGTTH

Brooster
06-03-2016, 07:26 PM
This balloon allowed ICT to play on the cusp all day.....pushing, nudging, fouling, timewasting, play acting and moaning. A stronger ref wouldve cut all that out early doors. ICT are a gang.

FranckSuzy
06-03-2016, 07:31 PM
I thought the ref was dreadful today. How their number 11 stayed on the park is beyond me :rolleyes: The handball was also a howler whilst some of the tackles ICT were flying into were near assaults, IMHO. Oh aye, and their number 5 was a total erse too.

snooky
06-03-2016, 08:06 PM
Scottish fitba has a real lack of quality refs, seems they are all pi5h. I would say none are good enough to be reffing or effing in Europe.
Agree with that.
I think it was Willie Young who gifted us with these prophetic words - "If you think we're bad, wait till you see what's coming next".

JimBHibees
06-03-2016, 08:16 PM
Have seen worse than him.

Surely not absolutely appalling and has weakened our chance of winning replay by not booking ICT players particularly Vigurs (kick on stokes and blatant foul on Gray), Draper ( ridiculous dive added to numerous fouls), Roberts (kicked out at Fontaine and caught him late after) all of which would would have ruled them out the replay. Quite simply a cheat. Add in the penalty.

Only player ruled out is Tansey who I thought was there best player.

eastterrace
06-03-2016, 08:17 PM
If it had continued to boil over and he'd brought cards out I'm speculating it'd have been evened up. He could have booked Storey and Daz when they came together but no cards made more sense and was good for DM. I think, and hope, that Storey got booked shortly after for shirt pulling DM. ICT were definitely robust but they played some nice passing too. We did well not to cave into them for the first hour. I wouldn't go as far to say the ref was good but from my viewing he was above average over the course of this season. the guy should have been sent off when he kicked out on macgregor that's why he reacted

JimBHibees
06-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Let so many bookable offences go from Caley players, for what reason I have no idea. Incompetent.

Quite simply he knew Inverness had a stack of players on yellows and chose not to book them.

JimBHibees
06-03-2016, 08:30 PM

Don't give him the benefit of the doubt he knew exactly how many Inverness players were on bookings.

tamig
06-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Crawford Allan is a welt.. Strolls about his work like a ref and has small man syndrome.. A arrogant human being who will be getting pelters tomorrow...

I think he's usually ok but will be quizzing him on some of his decisions/non-decisions today.

patlowe
06-03-2016, 08:31 PM
I was amazed ICT kept 11 on the park - the ref bottled it twice, arguably three times, to send off one of their players for a second yellow. That's twice in recent weeks a manager against us has taken someone off after a referee inexplicably failed to show them a red. Not suggesting it's a conspiracy, just spineless refereeing.

iwasthere1972
06-03-2016, 08:34 PM
I don't normally analyse the refs performance but he was absolute rank. I reckon I know who wears the trousers in his household. Lacked decision making and the ICT players were a bunch of thugs who were encouraged by the man in black.

JimBHibees
I was amazed ICT kept 11 on the park - the ref bottled it twice, arguably three times, to send off one of their players for a second yellow. That's twice in recent weeks a manager against us has taken someone off after a referee inexplicably failed to show them a red. Not suggesting it's a conspiracy, just spineless refereeing.

Vigurs wasn't booked.

GreenLake
I can't remember playing football with any kids going with Crawford for a first name, he must have moved into refereeing soccer from years of rugby playing experience.

"Crawford, would you be so kind as to pass the ball to Findlay then drop back behind Campbell and Fraser?" Ahhhh **** off.

mim
06-03-2016, 08:35 PM
We did well not to cave into them for the first hour.

Are you serious? A hesitant McGregor meant they were on the front foot for the first 15 minutes. For the next hour there was only one team in it and it sure as hell wasn't ICT.

tamig
06-03-2016, 08:36 PM
I can't remember playing football with any kids going with Crawford for a first name, he must have moved into refereeing soccer from years of rugby playing experience.

"Crawford, would you be so kind as to pass the ball to Findlay then drop back behind Campbell and Fraser?" Ahhhh **** off.

Too wee for rugby bud.

JimBHibees
06-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Are you serious? A hesitant McGregor meant they were on the front foot for the first 15 minutes. For the next hour there was only one team in it and it sure as hell wasn't ICT.

Agree totally after a hesitant start we were the better team and thought we were strolling it until the awful goal we lost.

CropleyWasGod
06-03-2016, 08:38 PM

So you didn't play with Crawford Baptie?

Or... cough.... Fraser Fyvie? :greengrin

Thecat23
06-03-2016, 08:38 PM
If it had continued to boil over and he'd brought cards out I'm speculating it'd have been evened up. He could have booked Storey and Daz when they came together but no cards made more sense and was good for DM. I think, and hope, that Storey got booked shortly after for shirt pulling DM.

ICT were definitely robust but they played some nice passing too. We did well not to cave into them for the first hour.

I wouldn't go as far to say the ref was good but from my viewing he was above average over the course of this season.

ICT were only in the game first 15 mins and last 15 mins. Was all Hibs bar that and thought we were unlucky.

The ref was terrible and should have booked a few ICT players but bottled it.

LaMotta
06-03-2016, 08:40 PM
So you didn't play with Crawford Baptie?

Or... cough.... Fraser Fyvie? :greengrin

Or Campbell Money!

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2016, 08:43 PM
The ref today was pretty bad. Let them away with so many fouls and no bookings.

As an aside, did anybody see the ref disallowing Accrington Stanley's goal after blowing for half time?

Smartie
06-03-2016, 08:43 PM
I think we often go over the top with the criticism of refs but he was dreadful today.

Never seemed to be in control of the game and his leniency could have led to it being nastier than it was.

Thecat23
06-03-2016, 08:45 PM
The ref today was pretty bad. Let them away with so many fouls and no bookings.

As an aside, did anybody see the ref disallowing Accrington Stanley's goal after blowing for half time?

I did, was mental. I remember a game at ER v Motherwell might have actually been a Scottish cup game when Harper was clean through hit it ref blew for HT and the ball had gone in.

KWJ
06-03-2016, 08:52 PM

Was meaning in terms of their physical game, as in we did not and gave as good as we got, for that long anyway.

Some folk suggesting they weren't playing any football are delusional though. They knocked it about as well as us for most of the game, they just didn't do it as effectively when they got into our half. We closed them down pretty hard the first hour and they one touch passed it by us.

They were on top first ten. Then it was all us until we scored.

KWJ
06-03-2016, 08:53 PM
I did, was mental. I remember a game at ER v Motherwell might have actually been a Scottish cup game when Harper was clean through hit it ref blew for HT and the ball had gone in.

Mind that too but I think it was Keith Wright. Ref may have blown the whistle as the ball was in flight.

Nicho87
06-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Clueless

BoomtownHibees
06-03-2016, 08:57 PM

I remember it happened to Livi in a European game as well. Sturm Graz maybe? Pretty sure the ball was in mid-flight when the ref blew

GreenLake
06-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Some clown had a whistle in the crowd and kept blowing it at key moments. It should have been taken off him and used as a suppository.

NadeAteMyLunch!
06-03-2016, 09:02 PM
He was shocking. McGinn got booted all over the place [emoji35] Let them away with murder

O'Rourke3
06-03-2016, 09:04 PM
I remember it happened to Livi in a European game as well. Sturm Graz maybe? Pretty sure the ball was in mid-flight when the ref blew
Happened their their opponants the team from Lichtenstein, Viduz? I was at the game. The ref blew just before/as the striker hit the ball. Not a goal for me at the time.

Sent via the bushes @ EM

Carheenlea
06-03-2016, 09:16 PM
I liked how for the free kick in the first half on the line of the box, he gave it a spray to make it doubly sure we all knew where it was to be taken from.

Boyle89
06-03-2016, 09:23 PM
The ref was hopeless. Let them away with pretty much everything. Storey kicked the ball away....no booking.
Storey kicked mcgregor from behind then threw a shoulder at him when they squared up....no booking.
Tansy booked then about a minute later clattered Stevenson (?) and nothing.

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2016, 09:29 PM
He was very lenient today, but I actually kind of liked that, in the era of referees being over officious and dishing out cards for nothing. Tackles were going in and passion was on display, like a proper cup tie. The game was allowed to flow and the players seemed to enjoy it. It's a difficult balance to strike; we complain when refs are too fastidious, but the do the same when they are less severe.

eastterrace
06-03-2016, 09:35 PM
He was very lenient today, but I actually kind of liked that, in the era of referees being over officious and dishing out cards for nothing. Tackles were going in and passion was on display, like a proper cup tie. The game was allowed to flow and the players seemed to enjoy it. It's a difficult balance to strike; we complain when refs are too fastidious, but the do the same when they are less severe. they were a bunch of thugs kicking and pulling jerseys and the ref let them away with it. Yogi has made a team of bruisers

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2016, 09:39 PM
they were a bunch of thugs kicking and pulling jerseys and the ref let them away with it. Yogi has made a team of bruisers

They're certainly a physical side by modern standards, aye. No doubt about that.

Sir David Gray
06-03-2016, 09:43 PM
One of the most diabolical refereeing performances I've seen in a very long time.

iwasthere1972
06-03-2016, 09:48 PM
He was very lenient today, but I actually kind of liked that, in the era of referees being over officious and dishing out cards for nothing. Tackles were going in and passion was on display, like a proper cup tie. The game was allowed to flow and the players seemed to enjoy it. It's a difficult balance to strike; we complain when refs are too fastidious, but the do the same when they are less severe.

There's a difference between letting the game flow and just overlooking the thuggery that ICT dealt out. Yogi must have told them from his past experience that we were a soft touch and rough us up as much as they could.

Ref was absolutely awful.

killie-hibby
06-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Mind that too but I think it was Keith Wright. Ref may have blown the whistle as the ball was in flight.

Peter Cormack maybe.

GreenCastle
06-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Some clown had a whistle in the crowd and kept blowing it at key moments. It should have been taken off him and used as a suppository.

Never heard this from the East?

Which stand?

hibee_girl
06-03-2016, 09:59 PM
Never heard this from the East?

Which stand?

It sounded like it came from the ICT fans but I could be wrong

eastterrace
06-03-2016, 10:00 PM
Never heard this from the East? Which stand? it was someone in the caley end

Hibernia&Alba
06-03-2016, 10:01 PM
it was someone in the caley end

He must have brought his sheepdug (wife) along.

Jonnyboy
06-03-2016, 10:02 PM
it was someone in the caley end

:agree:

Crawford Allan is just one of a long line of sub standard Scottish referees

ballengeich
06-03-2016, 10:02 PM

I agree, particularly with your point about the players enjoying it. Both sides seemed to accept that opponents could put in hard tackles and that added to the event. I'd rather see that than the continual petty disruptive fouls we got when Hearts visited.

chinaman
06-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Hun,hun,dirty hun,small and bow legged
and enjoyed giving decisions against us.
a disgrace to useless skin

GreenCastle
06-03-2016, 10:15 PM
He must have brought his sheepdug (wife) along.

:faf::faf:

emerald green
06-03-2016, 10:50 PM
Did he book the Caley No 3? How many times did he let him away with booting Hibs players with "tackles" from behind?

The standard of refereeing in this league is p*** poor.

Winston Ingram
06-03-2016, 11:13 PM
Weakest we've had so far?

I don't think it was the worst we've had but I'd agree he was the weakest.

Exerted zero authority. Happily accepted aggressive abuse from the ICT players. Can't remember who it was but he called an ICT player over to book him, he ignored him and walked away so the ref chased him:confused:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-03-2016, 11:25 PM
This balloon allowed ICT to play on the cusp all day.....pushing, nudging, fouling, timewasting, play acting and moaning. A stronger ref wouldve cut all that out early doors. ICT are a gang.

:agree: Said to my buddy that he was going to get someone seriously injured as he was basically giving them carte blanche

matty_f
06-03-2016, 11:50 PM
I don't think it was the worst we've had but I'd agree he was the weakest.

Exerted zero authority. Happily accepted aggressive abuse from the ICT players. Can't remember who it was but he called an ICT player over to book him, he ignored him and walked away so the ref chased him:confused:
:agree: That incident was ridiculous. Showed exactly how little respect the players had for the ref.

Winston Ingram
07-03-2016, 07:33 AM
:agree: That incident was ridiculous. Showed exactly how little respect the players had for the ref.

The fact he chased him showed their lack of respect was justified:agree:

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 08:00 AM
There's a difference between letting the game flow and just overlooking the thuggery that ICT dealt out. Yogi must have told them from his past experience that we were a soft touch and rough us up as much as they could.

Ref was absolutely awful.

Agree there was only one team that approach was going to favour. Ref was as weak as a kitten, the incident in the second half was laughable where he demanded their player come to him and then ran over to him summed it up. I will repeat again he knew Inverness had about 7 on a booking and chose to let them get away with murder, Draper Vigurs and Roberts should have been out the replay but aren't due to his weakness.

Hedlund12
07-03-2016, 09:43 AM
I thought the ref was a coward!

Brightside
07-03-2016, 09:49 AM
I agree, particularly with your point about the players enjoying it. Both sides seemed to accept that opponents could put in hard tackles and that added to the event. I'd rather see that than the continual petty disruptive fouls we got when Hearts visited.

I thought it was great reffing tbh. Allowed the game to continue...and there were no really bad tackles. just niggles. if he was a firm ref that some want there is every change that Thomson would have been red carded for a studs up at waist height.

Winston Ingram
07-03-2016, 09:49 AM
Jim Spence on Twitter actually thought he had a good game

Man Down Under
07-03-2016, 01:57 PM
I don't think he was too bad to be honest. Alot of ICT players seemed a bit bigger and brushed us aside with the 50 50 balls, a lot of it was just scrappy play from both sides but nothing worth blowing the whistle for, I agree the ref could have been a bit firmer but I don't think they got away with anything too outrageous. ICT were clearly frustrated towards the last 20 mins and that's when the cards started coming out.
Also with the penalty decision, it was too close to call. After watching all the replays I'm still unsure, arguably the safest call in that situation is a free kick.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 03:13 PM
I thought it was great reffing tbh. Allowed the game to continue...and there were no really bad tackles. just niggles. if he was a firm ref that some want there is every change that Thomson would have been red carded for a studs up at waist height.

Really, missed so many blatant fouls it was unreal and actually allowed the game to get out of hand at points which could easily have ended with a bad injury. He was weak beyond belief.

Craig_in_Prague
07-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Really, missed so many blatant fouls it was unreal and actually allowed the game to get out of hand at points which could easily have ended with a bad injury. He was weak beyond belief.

yep, my lovely TV was close to a boot a few times!

Also, FWIW, Yogi had a grin wider than the pitch at FT. I hope we wipe that off his face next week.

JimBHibees
07-03-2016, 04:03 PM
yep, my lovely TV was close to a boot a few times!

Also, FWIW, Yogi had a grin wider than the pitch at FT. I hope we wipe that off his face next week.

Yep that would be good, he is quick to indicate how much of a football team his mob are but jeezo overly physical, were trying to intimidate Hibs which didnt work knowing the ref would take a lenient approach.

WoreTheGreen
07-03-2016, 04:52 PM

Crawford Allan is just one of a long line of sub standard Scottish referees

Fact he is a yam

PatHead
07-03-2016, 04:59 PM
That referee was never in control of the game at any time. During a period in the second half ICT totally lost their discipline and should have had 2 or 3 players booked. Ref bottled it.

WoreTheGreen
07-03-2016, 05:43 PM
My brother lost his temper after a nother shocking ref blunder shouted his disdain and his false tooth came flying out his gob landed two rows in front

matty_f
07-03-2016, 06:36 PM
That referee was never in control of the game at any time. During a period in the second half ICT totally lost their discipline and should have had 2 or 3 players booked. Ref bottled it.

I'm all for refs letting the game flow, but they need to call it back for a foul if the fouled team don't have any kind of advantage. There were several instances where ICT benefited from fouls right under the nose of the ref.

I thought he bottled it from dealing with players, the guy ignoring the ref's instruction to come over to talk to him being one example, the other being the boy that wiped out David Gray that was already on a yellow.

The guy that lashed out at McGregor should have got more than a talking to, the guy that kicked the ball away when he was caught offside should have got a yellow if we're playing by the same rules that left Cummings suspended for this game. Those are just to name a few.

I never thought he had control of the game at any point, and while I quite enjoyed watching a physical game (it was good to see us stand up to it), I felt someone could easily have been injured as the game threatened to get out of hand several times.

Craig_HFC
07-03-2016, 06:40 PM
My brother lost his temper after a nother shocking ref blunder shouted his disdain and his false tooth came flying out his gob landed two rows in front

He's definitely telling the tooth.

At least you never punched his glasses off his face celebrating a goal this time, like you did when Latapy scored in the 6-2 game!

WoreTheGreen
07-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Your taking the molar high ground