PDA

View Full Version : Chris Dagnall/ next seasons forward line

Hibbyhaz
05-03-2016, 04:08 PM
As much as I like Dagnalls energy, he seems like he will struggle to get a first team appearance at Hibs. However next season, with Stokes and possibly Cummings leaving, he could be far more important. I think he will play very well with El Alagui next season. So I hope his contract is extended at the end of the seaso. What are your predictions for next seasons forward line? :flag:

Hermit Crab
05-03-2016, 04:10 PM
As much as I like Dagnalls energy, he seems like he will struggle to get a first team appearance at Hibs. However next season, with Stokes and possibly Cummings leaving, he could be far more important. I think he will play very well with El Alagui next season. So I hope his contract is extended at the end of the seaso. What are your predictions for next seasons forward line? :flag:

All depends what league we are in. Others may leave as well.

Malongoals
05-03-2016, 04:11 PM
If Dagnall is there next season then it's a backwards step if you ask me

Vault Boy
I'd be very surprised if El Alagui and Dagnall are still with us next year, never mind starting every game. In the short term though, they both have the opportunity to make important contributions this season.

Onceinawhile
Is Farid's contract not up this year?

Andy74
05-03-2016, 04:12 PM
We could end up with none of our current forwards next year.

Jim44
05-03-2016, 04:18 PM

Certainly the case if we don't go up. I don't know if there will be much appetite for a third year in the Championship.

Eyrie
05-03-2016, 04:28 PM

Cummings may be sold.
Stokes will return to Celtc to be sold by them.
El Alagui won't get a new deal due to his long term knee problem.
Dagnall needs to improve to get an offer to stay.
Keatings is under contract.

Even if Cummings can be kept, we're at least two strikers short unless Insall is ready.

Stuarty27
05-03-2016, 04:34 PM
We have too much to play for this season to be worrying about next

MyJo
05-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Lets worry about who is going to score goals for us for the rest of this season before we start thinking about next season.

Billy Whizz
05-03-2016, 04:36 PM

Maybe not, but we'll get some transfer fees

Torto7062
05-03-2016, 04:45 PM
Bring Back Riordan and Eoin Doyle [emoji12] [emoji85]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Andy74
05-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Maybe not, but we'll get some transfer fees

One for Cummings only I'd think.

Farid and Dagnall not renewed. Stokes back to Celtic.

I think we would probably keep Keatings. I wouldn't be too bothered but he will be under contract.

Silky
05-03-2016, 04:57 PM
Probably depends on what league we are in as to who leads the line. Long way to go before we think about that, though.

Smartie
05-03-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm normally up for thinking ahead and getting your work done early. I think it was one of the things that let us down regularly when we were in the Premier League - we rarely had players lined up in advance and spent to much time signing up dross on transfer deadline day.

It's a bit different now though - we genuinely don't know what league we're going to be playing in next season. That changes the complexion of everything - who stays, who goes, who the manager is, how many season tickets we sell, what the budget is etc etc.

We only need to worry about making this season as successful as possible - on all 3 fronts - for now.

FWIW, I think -

Stokes - no way he'll be here next season.
Cummings - might be here if we get promoted or might have to stay if he keeps playing as badly as he has done these past few weeks.
Keatings - will be here.
Dagnall - if he adds goals to his game he might be here.
Boyle - will be here.
Insall - will have a far bigger role to play. I think he's going to surprise a few people.

Dashing Bob S
05-03-2016, 05:13 PM
Depends where we are.

Billychaotic182
05-03-2016, 05:19 PM
Tbh I'm more looking forward to seeing Insall upfront. Lot of friends who are east fife fans who said he will fit in nicely

Stuarty27
05-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Anier has contributed more this season than Dagnell

blackpoolhibs
05-03-2016, 05:29 PM
We normally sign 6-7 new players every new season, of course we will have different players next season.

3pm
05-03-2016, 05:37 PM
Who cares?

Lago
05-03-2016, 05:38 PM
And some of the mid fielders.

Bishop Hibee
05-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Tbh I'm more looking forward to seeing Insall upfront. Lot of friends who are east fife fans who said he will fit in nicely

Install came off the bench in the last minute today. East Fife have a forward, Austin, whose scored over 20 goals. A professional pre-season will help but I'm hoping for proven quality especially if we go up.

Hermit Crab
05-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Install came off the bench in the last minute today. East Fife have a forward, Austin, whose scored over 20 goals. A professional pre-season will help but I'm hoping for proven quality especially if we go up.

He's away to Falkirk at the end of the season, signed a pre contract with them in January.

Bishop Hibee
05-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Cheers didn't know that. I hope Insall comes good but we can't rely on it.

Onion
05-03-2016, 06:46 PM
One things for sure, Stubbs sets his sights and standards a hell of a lot higher than most of the clowns who preceded him. If he thinks Dagnall is the answer, then I'm ok with that but somehow think he'll have a wish list already prepared for the Prem should we get there. If not, Stubbs will probably move on and we'll be left with whatever's left.

Alfred E Newman
05-03-2016, 06:50 PM

I think we should get this season finished before picking teams for next season.

Viva_Palmeiras
05-03-2016, 07:04 PM
In the most important week of the season this is taking the eye off the prizes...

Andy74
05-03-2016, 07:20 PM
In the most important week of the season this is taking the eye off the prizes...

None of us are that involved though eh?

Bostonhibby
05-03-2016, 07:43 PM
[emoji106] Yam alert[emoji6]

Cups, you gotta be in em to win em

Giro Playboy
05-03-2016, 07:49 PM
As much as I like Dagnalls energy, he seems like he will struggle to get a first team appearance at Hibs. However next season, with Stokes and possibly Cummings leaving, he could be far more important. I think he will play very well with El Alagui next season. So I hope his contract is extended at the end of the seaso. What are your predictions for next seasons forward line? :flag: If Dagnall is struggling in this league I cant imagine him doing any better in the SPL assuming we go up. Farid is a good player but he is now better known for his injuries than his goal scoring. I would have serious misgivings if that was our forward partnership next season.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2016, 09:27 PM

If Dagnall is struggling in this league I cant imagine him doing any better in the SPL assuming we go up. Farid is a good player but he is now better known for his injuries than his goal scoring. I would have serious misgivings if that was our forward partnership next season.
Not the best timing?

Maybe you could meet up to discuss this issue which is seemingly important to you both at a time when the rest of us are focusing on the reality of this season?

Hibbyhaz
05-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Not the best timing?

Maybe you could meet up to discuss this issue which is seemingly important to you both at a time when the rest of us are focusing on the reality of this season?
Sorry I forgot I'm not allowed to look ahead to next season

Libby Hibby
05-03-2016, 09:33 PM

Yes you are but your timing to start looking to next season is pretty questionable with all the twists and turns that this season still has to offer

Bostonhibby
05-03-2016, 09:34 PM
You do whatever makes you happy in the build up to a very important part of this season for all of us hibbies.

Hibbyhaz
05-03-2016, 09:36 PM
Yes you are but your timing to start looking to next season is pretty questionable with all the twists and turns that this season still has to offer
"Questionable" honestly some people on here will try to star arguments about everything. If you feel so strongly against the thread there's no need to take the piss out of it

Libby Hibby
05-03-2016, 09:57 PM
"Questionable" honestly some people on here will try to star arguments about everything. If you feel so strongly against the thread there's no need to take the piss out of it

I don't think my last post is particularly strong and I wasn't out to start an argument with you. I do however find threads like this bizarre especially when our next game is so important to kick start this season back into life. Not any hibby I know is worried about our frontline for next season but've heard a few Jambo's talk about it. That's not me calling you a Jambo by the way, before you get all sensitive...again

monktonharp
05-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Who cares?
I'd say lots of Hibernian fans care, and i'm one of them. Although, cant see any of the current forward line being there apart from Dagnall. he will score this season and hopefuly tomorrow bur he is more of an annoyance to defenders in my opinion. he had a couple of golden chances recently I think against the Buddies and could not take them. he works hard, but the fans don't seem to give him a break. a goal early tomorrow, can change that.cant see him NOT playing as we are now getting a bit desperate.

monktonharp
05-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Farid, just disnae float my boat btw. I thought he was off the books. can he play a full game?

Thecat23
05-03-2016, 10:01 PM
No matter what, this forward line will change. Stay down or go up i think we will be rebuilding our attack. Keatings may stay, but Cummings I think will leave, Stokes back to Celtic can see Dagnall leaving as well. Farid will also be gone! I'm pretty sure Hibs will have targets in mind already but could depend on the outcome of the play offs.

Borderhibbie76
06-03-2016, 11:57 AM
Farid, just disnae float my boat btw. I thought he was off the books. can he play a full game?
He's featured in last 3 matches...in case u missed them???

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk