About time

http://bbc.in/1U1nKzW

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Silky
05-03-2016, 03:41 PM
About time

http://bbc.in/1U1nKzW

Should also be used to stamp out diving. Straight red, no questions.

hibby6270
05-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Suppose it will depend how far down the leagues it's implemented. Can see it definitely in Premiership but Championship, League 1 & League 2? I doubt it - at least not initially. Unless it's paid for by SPFL & SFA.

Torto7062
05-03-2016, 04:43 PM
My son ref's and he reckons it would be top league and cups to start with in trial basis

hibby6270
05-03-2016, 06:11 PM
My son ref's and he reckons it would be top league and cups to start with in trial basis

It's funny but did you see the interview with Crawford Allan (tomorrow's ref btw and someone I know reasonably well) on BBC a few weeks ago. He was very non committal when asked if video technology would be introduced in Scotland any time soon. Think he's chairman/president of Refs Association just now, so was possibly privy to this being discussed before it was announced and couldn't say anything.

Will be good if it is. Will it be retrospective and we can get the 3 points we are due from Leigh's "over the line" free kick a couple of seasons ago. :greengrin:greengrin

lord bunberry
05-03-2016, 06:16 PM
Spurs had a shot today that needed the video technology. The ball must've been 98% over the line, I wonder if the ref would've given a goal under the previous system.

emerald green
05-03-2016, 07:31 PM
It's a controversial subject, but the introduction of video technology is long overdue IMHO.

If it helps referees, and their assistants, make correct decisions that must be the over riding consideration. It has to be made to operate in such a way that it doesn't disrupt the flow of a football match too much.

Torto7062
05-03-2016, 08:57 PM
It's funny but did you see the interview with Crawford Allan (tomorrow's ref btw and someone I know reasonably well) on BBC a few weeks ago. He was very non committal when asked if video technology would be introduced in Scotland any time soon. Think he's chairman/president of Refs Association just now, so was possibly privy to this being discussed before it was announced and couldn't say anything.

Will be good if it is. Will it be retrospective and we can get the 3 points we are due from Leigh's "over the line" free kick a couple of seasons ago. :greengrin:greengrin
I've known Crawford well for the last three years and he's a genuine bloke who is always fair.

I'm sure a dodgy decision will arise for the Hibees 2moro [emoji85]

hibby6270
05-03-2016, 09:28 PM
I've known Crawford well for the last three years and he's a genuine bloke who is always fair.

He is indeed.

Sadly he's a bit of a jinx for us though. Reffed us maybe 10 times or so over the years and we've only won the once. It was a cup game though, so you never know.:wink: