PDA

View Full Version : Student ID

Cocaine&Caviar
05-03-2016, 08:02 AM
Morning all, just a quick one.

My student ID from HW went through the wash last week, and the bar code hasnt worked since. I dont really fancy splashing out the £25 for a replacement. When buying student tickets do they scan the barcode, or just look at the card?

Do you have to show it at the turnstiles also?

Thanks.

Sir David Gray
05-03-2016, 08:10 AM
I think you just need to produce the card and the check would only be done at the ticket office before they hand over the ticket to you.

Once you've got the ticket, the stewards at the turnstiles aren't going to bother checking anything apart from the ticket itself.

Cocaine&Caviar
05-03-2016, 08:12 AM
Thanks pal

Big_Franck
05-03-2016, 08:39 AM
I think you just need to produce the card and the check would only be done at the ticket office before they hand over the ticket to you.

Once you've got the ticket, the stewards at the turnstiles aren't going to bother checking anything apart from the ticket itself.

That's right. The barcode from a HW student card won't correspond to anything on Hibs' system so they'd be wasting their time scanning it. It surely can't be £25 for a replacement card from HW uni?

Onceinawhile
05-03-2016, 08:52 AM
That's right. The barcode from a HW student card won't correspond to anything on Hibs' system so they'd be wasting their time scanning it. It surely can't be £25 for a replacement card from HW uni?

Was a tenner back when I were a lad.

Frazerbob
05-03-2016, 09:03 AM
I regularly buy student tickets for my niece and nephew meaning I can't print at home as the ticket office need to check their ID. I have never once been asked for said ID when collecting the tickets, often after waiting half an hour in a queue at the windows. Pain in the arse!

LustForLeith
06-03-2016, 09:34 AM
A ugh know was asked for student ID recently. He had to go round to the ticket office to pick up the tickets before the match and they were to check it. Pity he's not a student

Glory Lurker
06-03-2016, 09:38 AM
Is the ticket office still open by the time students wake up?