PDA

View Full Version : Team for Sunday and the subs

hhibs
04-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Any thoughts out there on this?

Between injuries and suspensions who are all left for the team and bench?:confused:

silverhibee
04-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Any thoughts out there on this?

Between injuries and suspensions who are all left for the team and bench?:confused:

Cummings & Bartley suspended, Hanlon defo out, doubts with possibly 3 others with injuries, and Tam M is picking Stokes up fae the pub about 2 ish, just having a quick hot toddy for that cold of his :greengrin

AlbertK86
04-03-2016, 07:26 PM
Read elsewhere that Stubbs is hopeful that Dylan will be available.

I think he will be key if fit enough to start

Midfield with him,,McGinn and Henderson would give me confidence that we can dictate the game from there.

So for me 3-5-2

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Henderson
McGeouch
McGinn

Keatings

Stokes
Dagnall

Subs

Virtanen
Gunnarson
Thomson
Boyle
Carmichael
El Alagui
Peters

BoomtownHibees
04-03-2016, 07:48 PM
Read elsewhere that Stubbs is hopeful that Dylan will be available.

I think he will be key if fit enough to start

Midfield with him,,McGinn and Henderson would give me confidence that we can dictate the game from there.

So for me 3-5-2

Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Fontaine
Stevenson

Henderson
McGeouch
McGinn

Keatings

Stokes
Dagnall

Subs

Virtanen
Gunnarson
Thomson
Boyle
Carmichael
El Alagui
Peters

Doesn't look like a 352 to me 🤓

And I wouldn't be playing Keatings at the tip of the diamond

AlbertK86
04-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Doesn't look like a 352 to me edd13 And I wouldn't be playing Keatings at the tip of the diamond

Yep made an Arse of it ... Doh

Originally had Gunnarson in the back 3 with Keatings on the bench .... But forgot to remove the 3-5-2 .... Erse!!

As for Keats .... Thought he played well their earlier in the season. His quick feet helped him create and get a few shots awY that went in. Agree he has been off the ball lately but think he has been showing one or two decent glimpses and is probably the best at timing runs into the box

Considered Thommo in midfield but although I've always backed him he was way off the pace against Morton. If we could guarantee his performance was the same as the second half at *********** he would be in and Hendo at the tip.

Hibbyhaz
04-03-2016, 08:07 PM
3-5-2 I thinks the times we have played this we have looked impressive.

Oxley (although I would drop Oxley)

Fontaine
Mcgregor
Gunnarson

Carmichael
Henderson
Mcginn
Thomson
Boyle

Stokes
El alagui (Bring on Dagnall later on for the energy he has)

Albanian Hibs
04-03-2016, 08:11 PM
3-5-2 I thinks the times we have played this we have looked impressive.

Oxley (although I would drop Oxley)

Fontaine
Mcgregor
Gunnarson

Carmichael
Henderson
Mcginn
Thomson
Boyle

Stokes
El alagui (Bring on Dagnall later on for the energy he has)

Bartley suspended

Hibbyhaz
04-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Bartley suspended
You got me :greengrin. I tried to edit it before anybody saw it.

MyJo
04-03-2016, 08:28 PM
_________________Virtanen

Gray______McGregor_______Fontaine_______Stevenson

______McGinn_____Thomson_____Henderson

________Boyle____Al Alagui_____Stokes

We need goals!

Alex Trager
04-03-2016, 08:32 PM
I'd defo start el Al.

100%

Gmack7
04-03-2016, 08:36 PM
Is Dylan defo out, big player for us if fit

trev the hat
04-03-2016, 08:38 PM
4-1-3-2

Oxley

Gray
Mgregor
Fontaine
Gunnarson

Thomson

Henderson
Mginn
Boyle

Big Friday
Dagnall

HibsNutter
04-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Oxley, Gray, McGregor, Fontaine, Stevenson, McGinn, Henderson, McGeouch, Thomson, El Alagui, Stokes.

Virtanen, Gunnarsson, Fyvie(fitness dependent, otherwise we are goosed for midfield options), Keatings, Dagnall, Boyle, Carmichael

Sir David Gray
04-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Oxley

Stevenson
Fontaine
McGregor
Gunnarsson

McGinn
Henderson
Thomson
Boyle

Stokes
El Alagui

SUBS

Virtanen
Gray
Carmichael
Keatings
Dagnall
Youth player
Youth player

If McGeouch is fit enough then swap him for Thomson and replace Thomson with one of the youth players.

Big L
04-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Doesn't look like a 352 to me 🤓

And I wouldn't be playing Keatings at the tip of the diamond

I would play keatings at the tip because I think he can see the passes like the one for Carmichael and Stokes 1st goal, plus I think he's always likely to get a goal.

KWJ
04-03-2016, 10:08 PM
The Ox

Lewis
Daz
Fonts
Gray

Dylan
McGinn
Henderson
Carmichael

Stokes
Farid

Dagnell, Boyle to come on if drawing/losing. Thomson and Boyle if winning.

If no McGeouch then a 5-3-2 with Gunnar slotting in to right centre def.

shetlandhibee
04-03-2016, 11:09 PM
_________________Virtanen

Gray______McGregor_______Fontaine_______Stevenson

______McGinn_____Thomson_____Henderson

________Boyle____Al Alagui_____Stokes

We need goals!
:top marksthis looks good :agree:

Giro Playboy
04-03-2016, 11:12 PM
A half fit Farid is still better than Keatings and Dagnal. He has got to partner Stokes up front with Boyle or Dylan in the hole behind them. I would also play Thomson in the holding role in place of Bartley.

Hibee Mac
04-03-2016, 11:14 PM
Pretty sure I read/saw somewhere that Dagnall prefers playing off a big man so I'd maybe play him and Farid up top.

Might help him get off the mark.

Gogs07
04-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Whatever the team, let's hope that that the shots on target , find the bloody net!!!,

Giro Playboy
04-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Pretty sure I read/saw somewhere that Dagnall prefers playing off a big man so I'd maybe play him and Farid up top.

Might help him get off the mark. I don't think you can drop Stokes. He is still not match fit but he has the experience and positional sense to cause ICT problems. Plus he knows that if he has any chance at all of going to the Euros its games like this that he must shine in. I can see him raising his game for this one.

Hibee Mac
04-03-2016, 11:23 PM
I don't think you can drop Stokes. He is still not match fit but he has the experience and positional sense to cause ICT problems. Plus he knows that if he has any chance at all of going to the Euros its games like this that he must shine in. I can see him raising his game for this one.

Yeh I agree with you there actually, if he's going to step up this is the time to do it. Like most of the team right now he seems to play better in the bigger games just hoping that's Sunday included.

TheFamous1875
05-03-2016, 12:46 AM
Oxley.

Gunnarsson. McGregor. Fontaine.

Boyle. McGeouch. McGinn. Carmichael.

Henderson.

El-Alagui. Stokes.

SUBS: Virtanen; Gray, Stevenson, Thomson, Keatings, Dagnall, Cummings.

If McGeouch is unfit, swap him for Thomson who I think will be good in a match like this (would be tempted to pick him over a not fully-fit McGeouch anyway)

Not convinced by McGregor and Fontaine as a pair, so having Gunnarsson alongside them will give them the support they need. I like Gunnarsson (so far).

Having Cummings on the bench would be a blessing in disguise. It'll remind him that his place in the team isn't a given and being the lad that he is, he would be fully fired-up if he came on and would probably get us a goal. He and Stokes also don't seem to be able to work as a pair at all, so El-Alagui must get his chance up top to battle with Devine and Warren. That's exactly what Stokes need - an outlet alongside him to get a hold of the ball in dangerous areas.

Henderson is in-form, so he stays, McGinn in the middle where he should be and Boyle & Carmichael out-wide as they offer us more in attack than Gray and Stevenson have of late.

Gerrintae'um!

Libby Hibby
05-03-2016, 04:17 AM
Oxley.

Gunnarsson. McGregor. Fontaine.

Boyle. McGeouch. McGinn. Carmichael.

Henderson.

El-Alagui. Stokes.

SUBS: Virtanen; Gray, Stevenson, Thomson, Keatings, Dagnall, Cummings.

If McGeouch is unfit, swap him for Thomson who I think will be good in a match like this (would be tempted to pick him over a not fully-fit McGeouch anyway)

Not convinced by McGregor and Fontaine as a pair, so having Gunnarsson alongside them will give them the support they need. I like Gunnarsson (so far).

Having Cummings on the bench would be a blessing in disguise. It'll remind him that his place in the team isn't a given and being the lad that he is, he would be fully fired-up if he came on and would probably get us a goal. He and Stokes also don't seem to be able to work as a pair at all, so El-Alagui must get his chance up top to battle with Devine and Warren. That's exactly what Stokes need - an outlet alongside him to get a hold of the ball in dangerous areas.

Henderson is in-form, so he stays, McGinn in the middle where he should be and Boyle & Carmichael out-wide as they offer us more in attack than Gray and Stevenson have of late.

Gerrintae'um!

Looks good and like the strategy, only one thing up with it, Cummings is suspended

Brightside
05-03-2016, 06:40 AM
Boyle and Carmichael from the start. 352 Stevenson doing Bartley job in mid. Farid and Oli Shaw upfront.

fife hfc
06-03-2016, 07:27 AM
We need to be a bit more cautious today as to make sure we are hard to break down. Cawley will be good on counter attack so need to be careful. Five man midfield to counter the six they have played recently and Boyle and Carmichael to provide width .

Oxley

Gray
Stevenson
Fontaine
McGregor

Carmichael
Henderson
McGinn
Mcgeouch or Thomson if Dylan is still injured
Boyle

El Alagui

TheFamous1875
06-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Looks good and like the strategy, only one thing up with it, Cummings is suspended

So he is! Perfect timing for josh Peters actually, who deserves a seat on the bench. Great message to the young team :cb