PDA

View Full Version : Prediction for Scottish Cup semi final draw

Springbank
04-03-2016, 08:01 AM
Morton vs The Rangers
Hibs or ICT vs Dundee Utd

Fancied us to win the last round after a replay. I think it'll be the same this time too. And Morton could well shock Celtic on both teams recent form.
That's my prediction

Diclonius
04-03-2016, 08:06 AM
Hibs v Rangers

Celtic v Ross County

Guaranteed.

Onceinawhile
04-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Hibs v Celtic
Dundee v Dundee Utd.

Rangers have been scraping wins recently and struggled with St Johnstone (0-3) and Kilmarnock. So can't see past Dundee.

Celtic will unfortunately have enough in the locker to get past morton and we're probably due them in a semi instead of a final!

Bob1875
04-03-2016, 08:32 AM
Morton vs The Rangers

Fancied us to win the last round after a replay. I think it'll be the same this time too. And Morton could well shock Celtic on both teams recent form.
That's my prediction

You fancy us to get a draw on Sunday then get a win in the highlands?

SeanWilson
04-03-2016, 08:37 AM
I think knowing us, we'll put in another top performance against top opposition. Hibs through.

Not sure about the cretins, Dundee are on a nice run and I think the unwashed flatter to deceive. Dundee through.

Can't call RC v DU

Celtic will surely use the Morton game to bounce back. Celtic.

Hibs v Dundee
Celtic v Ross C/Dundee U

Steve20
04-03-2016, 08:39 AM
Hibs v Ross County
Rangers v Celtic

Waxy
04-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Rangers v Morton
Hibs v Dundee utd

easty
04-03-2016, 09:14 AM
We'll get Rangers or Celtc in the semi.

lapsedhibee
04-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Morton vs The Rangers

That's my prediction

A pedant writes:

Shirley, if you fancy us to beat ICT, your prediction is Hibs v Dundee Utd? :confused:

steakbake
04-03-2016, 09:34 AM
Ladbrokes will sponsor a new microwave oven for SFA headquarters.

The Rangers and Celtic will be kept apart in a semi final draw.

The minor celebrity/anonymous blazer who pulls the draw will be treated by a paramedic from the local minor burns unit shortly after.

Monts
04-03-2016, 11:22 AM
Dundee utd v Dundee
Celtic v ICT

JimBHibees
04-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Think Dundee are a decent bet to win tomorrow.

essexhibee
04-03-2016, 11:48 AM
Can see us getting through. Would be typical us. Should be excited about the game and the chance of progression but blowing the league and leaving our chances of promotion in the hell of the play offs has dampened the enthusiasm for me.

Hibs Class
04-03-2016, 11:58 AM
I'd expect Dundee to beat The Rangers. Ideally with Harkins scoring.

BoomtownHibees
04-03-2016, 12:03 PM
Dundee utd v Dundee
Celtic v ICT

No point going on Sunday then

CallumLaidlaw
04-03-2016, 12:08 PM
Celtic v Dundee Utd
Hibs v Dundee

mim
04-03-2016, 12:09 PM
Hibs v. Celtic
Dundee v. Dundee Utd

HiBremian
04-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Hibs v Rangers

Celtic v Ross County

Guaranteed.

Will be strange both cup competitions having the same two finalists this year.:agree:

cabbageandribs1875
04-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Dundee utd v Sevco

ICT v Sellick

Final

Sellick v Sevco

:tin hat:

Springbank
04-03-2016, 12:33 PM
You fancy us to get a draw on Sunday then get a win in the highlands?

Yeah I've a sneaky feeling

Not saying I've been perfect in my predictions as I tipped 1-1 at Tynie,and 2-1 at ER but happy with the outcome :)

I fancy 1-1 and Dagnall to score on Saturday

Springbank
04-03-2016, 12:35 PM
A pedant writes:

Shirley, if you fancy us to beat ICT, your prediction is Hibs v Dundee Utd? :confused:

I always think that should read on here "a pedant types"

:)

Bostonhibby
04-03-2016, 12:41 PM
If the new boys get through the authorities will be desperate for a first ever Scottish Cup final between Glasgows big team and its newest team so another dodgy draw is looming.

I am thinking they wont get through so Hibs - v - Dundee.

Monts
04-03-2016, 12:44 PM
No point going on Sunday then

What I hope for and what I predict aren't the same thing.

Are we favorites?

BoomtownHibees
04-03-2016, 01:03 PM
What I hope for and what I predict aren't the same thing.

Are we favorites?

Yes

By quite a distance as well

Smartie
04-03-2016, 01:03 PM
Rangers vs The Rangers

Celtic vs Celtic Boys club

If you thought the last cup draw was a shambles…….

An Old Firm cup final, the tie the whole nation has been waiting for years for.

(Or in other words, leave the country for a week in May because the country's most unpleasant bigotfest is back and the Scottish football authorities have done everything to make it happen.)

Onceinawhile
04-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Does anyone know when the draw is? I need to organise a 6th birthday party for the semi final weekend but can't do so until I know if/when we are playing.

RCNG
04-03-2016, 01:45 PM
A pedant writes:

Technically the draw would read like that as it will be made prior to the replay.

Monts
04-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Yes

By quite a distance as well

That surprises me, considering our last week.

silverhibee
04-03-2016, 02:10 PM
What is the point of this thread, we haven't even beaten ICT yet and folk are talking about who we will get in the next round. :confused:

The Green Goblin
04-03-2016, 02:25 PM
What is the point of this thread, we haven't even beaten ICT yet and folk are talking about who we will get in the next round. :confused:

I think it's more a case of predicting the draw, whoever is involved. The op mentioned all teams still involved. :aok:

Pete
04-03-2016, 02:36 PM
All of the games really are a toss of the coin apart from Celtic v Morton.

I really fancy Dundee to do a number on Sevco and they are good value at 10/3. Two Dundee clubs in the semis will be interesting.

I'm not going to comment on our game. :greengrin

JimBHibees
04-03-2016, 03:59 PM

I really fancy Dundee to do a number on Sevco and they are good value at 10/3. Two Dundee clubs in the semis will be interesting.

They are massive odds IMO. I see o'Halloran is cup tied also. Can see a similar game to the League cup tie earlier this season against St Johnstone, really think the Dundee forward line will rip them.

Got 4s with paddy power on Dundee amazing odds IMO.

Springbank
04-03-2016, 04:50 PM

That's the thing though
I reckon if Celtic score first they'll win
But they're struggling and Morton impressed me at ER as a clever counter attack unit

If they get the first goal they could win there (think they won at Celtic Park 2 years ago too)

Keith_M
04-03-2016, 04:55 PM
On current form, I'd be amazed if Hibs beat ICT, even after a replay

Smartie
04-03-2016, 04:57 PM
On current form, I'd be amazed if Hibs beat ICT, even after a replay

Form is temporary, class is permanent.

We'll do them.

silverhibee
04-03-2016, 05:05 PM
I think it's more a case of predicting the draw, whoever is involved. The op mentioned all teams still involved. :aok:

:aok:

I'll just cut to the chase and predict the Final, Soapdodgers vs The Zombies, it's what the world want to see :rolleyes: and the folk who run our game will make sure it happens. :greengrin

The Green Goblin
04-03-2016, 05:25 PM
:aok:

I'll just cut to the chase and predict the Final, Soapdodgers vs The Zombies, it's what the world want to see :rolleyes: and the folk who run our game will make sure it happens. :greengrin

:agree: Do you think they'll do a live televised draw after both semi finals have been played with hot and cold balls with the names on the bit of paper slightly showing just to make absolutely sure...?! :greengrin

pontius pilate
04-03-2016, 05:41 PM
Im going for

Hibs v Dundee
Celtic v dundee utd

Hibs v utd final

chinaman
04-03-2016, 05:47 PM
Hibs v dundee hibs
celtic v dundee

HibsNutter
04-03-2016, 06:09 PM
Gonna try and predict something that is totally random so I'm sorry if this is completely wrong and somebody gets offended:

Hibs vs Dundee United
Celtic vs Rangers

Sir David Gray
04-03-2016, 06:30 PM
I really think we'll struggle to win this tie, considering we're going to be without Cummings, Bartley and Hanlon and probably Fyvie and McGeouch as well.

Those five players are huge for us and considering the poor results we've had over the last nine or ten days, I personally feel Inverness will go through.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.

monktonharp
04-03-2016, 06:47 PM
I really think we'll struggle to win this tie, considering we're going to be without Cummings, Bartley and Hanlon and probably Fyvie and McGeouch as well.

Those five players are huge for us and considering the poor results we've had over the last nine or ten days, I personally feel Inverness will go through.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.not buying that Trig. told you the first 3 were out:wink: although we may have Mc Geoch playing. possibly Fyvie as a sub/ don't know much about their injuries but was Fyvie not training over the last 2 days?. the vast majority of fans will be ours and if we get the first goal we can go through.If we get half the goal chances we had in Dumfries, surely one will go in this time round.

Hibernia&Alba
04-03-2016, 07:03 PM

It's a big ask, certainly. Let's just give it a right good go and see what happens. If we then aren't quite good enough, fair enough.

monktonharp
04-03-2016, 07:26 PM

I sincerely hope I'm wrong though.Cummings' form has faded recently and we knew his was out. Hanlon is the major miss and I am gutted for him mainly for missing the final. Bartley has been consistently good so a big miss but if Thompson can do a holding role, and Stevenson can do what he's done for most of the season apart from his lapses recently then we still can win with home advantage. ICT are no great shakes to be honest. they got the rub of the green against Falkirk in last year's final.!

HibsNutter
04-03-2016, 07:35 PM

McGeouch's fitness will be key, which seems to be touch and go. If he plays we can put out Oxley, Gray, McGregor, Fontaine, Stevenson, Thomson, Hendo, McGinn, Dylan, Stokes, El Alagui or similar which although isn't our best XI, is a good side on paper which should be able to win the game if we play as we have pre-blip.

Aldo
04-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Der Hun V Smellic

Hibs v Ross County

CorrieHibs
04-03-2016, 07:56 PM
The Rangers v County
Hibs v Celtic

hibby6270
04-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Hibs v Ross County
Rangers v Celtic

If we get through that's what it'll be.
SFA will be happy as long as there's an Old a Firm game at some stage.

lapsedhibee
04-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Technically the draw would read like that as it will be made prior to the replay.

Ah, good point! :doh:

AlbertK86
04-03-2016, 08:46 PM
I'd expect Dundee to beat The Rangers. Ideally with Harkins scoring.

Like your thought process my man !!

I think Dundee will get at least a draw and if they do I'm reckoning they will keep the ugly sisters apart in the Semis

So I reckon once any replays are out the way it will be

Hibs V Dundee

Sellick v Dundee Utd

Potential Dundee Derby for the final !!

Sir David Gray
04-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Like your thought process my man !!

I think Dundee will get at least a draw and if they do I'm reckoning they will keep the ugly sisters apart in the Semis

So I reckon once any replays are out the way it will be

Hibs V Dundee

Sellick v Dundee Utd

Potential Dundee Derby for the final !!

I can't see Dundee getting a replay tomorrow. I think Sevco will win by at least two goals.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
04-03-2016, 11:15 PM
Rangers vs Celtic (I actually think Sevco would beat them)
Hibs vs Dundee United

Hermit Crab
05-03-2016, 12:35 AM

I know. Close it before the egg gets slapped across the faces of those predicting our semi final opponents. Let's deal with Sunday's match first.

Springbank
05-03-2016, 09:39 AM
I know. Close it before the egg gets slapped across the faces of those predicting our semi final opponents. Let's deal with Sunday's match first.

Hmm looks a wee bit like you've read the headline but not the story.

The thread is because Hibs are in a QF, there will be a semi draw, and part of the fun of sport is its uncertainty and predicting the unpredictable.

if you read through you'll see its a bunch of realistic hibbies having a stab at predicting how the weekend fixtures might go.

no one is underestimating yogi Hughes as tactical genius, his capacity for turning a 6-2 lead into a thrilling 6-6 draw is legendary. Folk who ken fitba ken that.

also his teams 0-2 at Tynie this week filled me with fear

im delighted we are in the QF, bet the Jambos wish they could have a prediction thread that involved them. But they don't. We do. And it's just a bit of harmless prediction.

im saying 1-1 with dagnall scoring and Hibs win the replay fwiw

Eyrie
05-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Celtc vs Sevco
Ross County vs Inverness.

We miss out on a lucrative semi but avoid more fixture congestion, then rebound by winning the League Cup and getting our league form back.

gordieboy
05-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Celtic V Dundee Utd
Rankgers v Hibs

NorthHibees
05-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Celtic v Ross County
Rangers v Hibs