PDA

View Full Version : League Cup Final in Cheltenham

persevere1875
03-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Admin, hope this is ok to post, if not feel free to do what you need to do:

For all of those Hibby's based anywhere near Cheltenham or heading to the races early, My pub will be hosting a Cup Final party again, free hot food and an English pub draped in green with the game being shown on all 3 screens, I'd love to join you but I'll be jumping up and down at Hampden so the Wife's in charge, for those of you who don't know of the only Hibs pub in Cheltenham, its The Adam & Eve, Townsend St, Cheltenham, can't understand why you'd miss the game but feel free to fill yer boots in the company of other hibby's GGTTH :flag:

lord bunberry
03-03-2016, 01:48 PM

For all of those Hibby's based anywhere near Cheltenham or heading to the races early, My pub will be hosting a Cup Final party again, free hot food and an English pub draped in green with the game being shown on all 3 screens, I'd love to join you but I'll be jumping up and down at Hampden so the Wife's in charge, for those of you who don't know of the only Hibs pub in Cheltenham, its The Adam & Eve, Townsend St, Cheltenham, can't understand why you'd miss the game but feel free to fill yer boots in the company of other hibby's GGTTH :flag:
I'm down for the festival mate, I'll pop in for a pint or ten :greengrin. Is it in the centre of town?

worcesterhibby
03-03-2016, 01:49 PM
won't be in your Pub for the final as I'm going up as well...but great to hear there is a Hibs pub in Cheltenham..My daughter is at Uni there, so come over quite a bit..will pop in for a crazies next time I'm over ! nice one.:greengrin

persevere1875
03-03-2016, 02:01 PM
I'm down for the festival mate, I'll pop in for a pint or ten :greengrin. Is it in the centre of town?

Ive got two mate, The Quaich is in the centre of town and the Adam & Eve is about a two minute stroll from the centre, GL51 9HD, you'll be made more than welcome in either

persevere1875
03-03-2016, 02:03 PM
won't be in your Pub for the final as I'm going up as well...but great to hear there is a Hibs pub in Cheltenham..My daughter is at Uni there, so come over quite a bit..will pop in for a crazies next time I'm over ! nice one.:greengrin

How you getting there mate ?

lord bunberry
03-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Ive got two mate, The Quaich is in the centre of town and the Adam & Eve is about a two minute stroll from the centre, GL51 9HD, you'll be made more than welcome in either
We arrive by train and walk to the racecourse stopping off at pubs on the way. I checked the Adam and Eve and it's on my route so I'll pop in there.

persevere1875
03-03-2016, 02:07 PM
We arrive by train and walk to the racecourse stopping off at pubs on the way. I checked the Adam and Eve and it's on my route so I'll pop in there.

Opens at 10 in the morning, if your early knock on the window :wink: closes when we finally get rid of everyone lol

lord bunberry
03-03-2016, 04:04 PM
Opens at 10 in the morning, if your early knock on the window :wink: closes when we finally get rid of everyone lol

Cool I'll see you there

Islington Hibs
03-03-2016, 07:58 PM

I am missing the final because a cousin is getting married that day.... Argh. However the wedding is in Cheltenham :greengrin so I will pop in - where abouts is your pub? I am very good at singing Sunshine on Leith and the locals will love it. :greengrin

worcesterhibby
03-03-2016, 08:47 PM
How you getting there mate ?

Driving up on Saturday from Worcester

MKHIBEE
03-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Will be in Cheltenham for their last game of the season, will make sure I pay a visit to one or both pubs

Radar67
03-03-2016, 09:19 PM
Will have to pay a visit sometime, only down the road (ish!!) in Trowbridge Wiltshire

Sent from my SM-T533 using Tapatalk

swindonhibs
03-03-2016, 09:48 PM
Can heartily recommend a visit to the Adam and Eve, me and my lil brother visited for the Celtic Scottish cup final a few years back and it's very welcoming with great (free) food and nice selection of beers. The owner (persevere 1875) is a true gent, total hibs class. We are going to hampden this time otherwise would have been there.

Forza Fred
03-03-2016, 09:51 PM

Does Ian Black ever pop in now that he is resident there?

IanM
03-03-2016, 10:26 PM

Small world! I was down for the Open meeting and we spent the wknd in The Quaich. Gem of a pub! Found it by accident as we walked from the station into town as nothing was open.

We're down Tuesday to Friday for the festival so I'll be sure to pop in.

persevere1875
04-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Does Ian Black ever pop in now that he is resident there?

Eh no. strangely enough, do you think he'd get a welcoming reception ?:cb

persevere1875
04-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Small world! I was down for the Open meeting and we spent the wknd in The Quaich. Gem of a pub! Found it by accident as we walked from the station into town as nothing was open.

We're down Tuesday to Friday for the festival so I'll be sure to pop in.

Be nice to see you again mate

persevere1875
04-03-2016, 12:16 PM
Can heartily recommend a visit to the Adam and Eve, me and my lil brother visited for the Celtic Scottish cup final a few years back and it's very welcoming with great (free) food and nice selection of beers. The owner (persevere 1875) is a true gent, total hibs class. We are going to hampden this time otherwise would have been there.

Cheers lads, where you drinking Sat evening, try and catch up with you, hopefully a better result this time eh

persevere1875
04-03-2016, 12:18 PM
I am missing the final because a cousin is getting married that day.... Argh. However the wedding is in Cheltenham :greengrin so I will pop in - where abouts is your pub? I am very good at singing Sunshine on Leith and the locals will love it. :greengrin

Townsend St mate, GL51 9HD, it's a free pint if your wearing your Hibs top, although I suspect my cupboard will get raided while i'm away for spare Hibs tops by the locals

gorgie greens
04-03-2016, 05:11 PM
Townsend St mate, GL51 9HD, it's a free pint if your wearing your Hibs top, although I suspect my cupboard will get raided while i'm away for spare Hibs tops by the locals

Got a Hibs mate in Cardiff ,think a wee trip on the train for a liquid day out amongst fellow Hibs fans sounds good to me

swindonhibs
04-03-2016, 08:24 PM
Cheers lads, where you drinking Sat evening, try and catch up with you, hopefully a better result this time eh
No bother pal, were staying in portobello but not sure on plans yet, will message you👍 GGTTH