PDA

View Full Version : Urgent FAO Virgin trains West Coast users (Ticket sale ends today)

HUTCHYHIBBY
03-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Should be handy for you guys who travel on the West Coast rail route.

SALE (https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/sale)

LancashireHibby
03-03-2016, 07:58 PM
Sorted for the Dumbarton game, £14 return from Wigan. Just hope it doesn't get moved for international call ups.

Billy Whizz
03-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Sorted for the Dumbarton game, £14 return from Wigan. Just hope it doesn't get moved for international call ups.

I'd hold on until next Thursday, when the squads are announced. Fully expect this game to be cancelled

LancashireHibby
03-03-2016, 08:12 PM
I'd hold on until next Thursday, when the squads are announced. Fully expect this game to be cancelled

Worth the risk when it's so cheap. Miles better than the last international weekend when I booked a weekend trip for my son and my Mrs to come with me as well and then the game got shifted!

pontius pilate
03-03-2016, 08:42 PM
Does anybody know if there restrictions in the trains from edinburgh. Not really want in to travel into town I I can just get the train from edinburgh park

Gmack7
03-03-2016, 09:00 PM
Sorry not hibs related, Edinburgh to sutton Coldfield by train, any suggestions /deals. After a quick look it's Awfy expensive, cheers

Hermit Crab
03-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Sorry not hibs related, Edinburgh to sutton Coldfield by train, any suggestions /deals. After a quick look it's Awfy expensive, cheers

Try Edinburgh to Birmingham with a cheap deal from virgin then buy singles to/from Sutton coalfield.

HibeeEmma
03-03-2016, 09:55 PM
I never have any luck when it comes to booking in the V EC sale, not sure if my dates of travel are not flexible enough

HibeeEmma
03-03-2016, 10:02 PM
I never have any luck when it comes to booking in the V EC sale, not sure if my dates of travel are not flexible enough

Hermit Crab
04-03-2016, 12:58 AM

Its VT WC that's having a sale.

HH81
04-03-2016, 07:42 AM
Trains on the whole are a complete rip off anyway. Some flights are cheaper.

I use the west coast trains as they are half the price but checking them recently they are going up too!:rolleyes:

drummondst
04-03-2016, 08:26 PM

A bit awkward at present due to games being shifted from Saturdays at home & rail works
over Easter & end of April on WCML rail.
Try Megabus M11 overnight from Brum 02.35 to Glasgow & change to Edinburgh on 900
advance fare £12.00 + £3.45 & then adavce book train back via Carlisle £26.50.
I am taking this route for St Mirren away on 2nd April from Leamington Spa - Glasgow.
Not as mad as it sounds as will be in Brasshouse Pub, Broad St, Brum from 12.30.ish until close
at 2am, bus goes from Hill St, 10 mins walk away. (N.B last entry to pub 1am).
Will be back in local in Leamington 11.10pm Saturday night !!
GGTTH:flag: DRUMMONDST

Lancs Harp
04-03-2016, 09:18 PM
Is the viaduct repaired now and trains back to normal on the WCL?

Been travelling to Edinburgh by road which is ok but much prefer the train and if Im travelling upon my own considerably cheaper too.

LancashireHibby
04-03-2016, 09:57 PM
Is the viaduct repaired now and trains back to normal on the WCL?

Been travelling to Edinburgh by road which is ok but much prefer the train and if Im travelling upon my own considerably cheaper by train.
Yes it reopened in full in the last week or two.

Lancs Harp
04-03-2016, 10:17 PM
Yes it reopened in full in the last week or two.

Cheers, that's good news http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon14.png