PDA

View Full Version : Ben Williams

Sejaca
03-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Would replace Oxley with Big Ben in a heart beat.

Williams suffered badly with the defenders we had 3 years ago, but with the defence we have now Williams would work miracles IMO.

hibs0666
03-03-2016, 12:35 PM

Williams suffered badly with the defenders we had 3 years ago, but with the defence we have now Williams would work miracles IMO.

Aye but Williams doesn't play for us.

LaMotta
03-03-2016, 12:41 PM
There isn’t a goalie on this planet that has all the necessary capabilities to play for Hibernian.

Sejaca
03-03-2016, 12:41 PM
Aye but Williams doesn't play for us.

Meant hypothetically

GreenArmyyy!
03-03-2016, 12:42 PM
Loved Ben Williams and personally think he's the best keeper we have had in the last 15 years but this is a very strange thread....

Carheenlea
03-03-2016, 12:45 PM
And the hounding of Mark Oxley continues.
Can we not just give this a rest and get behind the team in what could could be a defining period for our club?

MrSmith
03-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Ridiculous notion!

Too many of these threads going about at the moment! Lets all take a deep deep breath, stand back and exhale! Better?

Nothing wrong with Oxley!

This distinct smell of whiffyness is getting stronger and stronger by the second!

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2016, 12:51 PM
:faf: ****ing love this forum.

Williams used to get the same treatment Oxley is now despite also being a very solid 'keeper, some ''fans'' will never learn.

seanshow
03-03-2016, 12:52 PM
I wonder what the Oxley save/goal record compared to Cummings shot/goal record for example. :cb

I bet its a landslide victory for the goalie, get off the Ox's back he's carried the team all season.

Iggy Pope
03-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Prone to absolute stinkers like the rest. One sticks in the mind from a routine throw in right in front of me at Inverness when without doubt he cost us the points. As he did a lot. Oxley is the better keeper and much better than the Hertz goalie. Fact.

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 12:53 PM

Oxley this Oxley that.

ancient hibee
03-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Meant hypothetically

Maybe we should sign this guy hypothetically-strange name.

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Maybe we should sign this guy hypothetically-strange name.

Bet it stands for something.

Something not nice maybe?

Aldo
03-03-2016, 12:59 PM
Would replace Oxley with Big Ben in a heart beat. Williams suffered badly with the defenders we had 3 years ago, but with the defence we have now Williams would work miracles IMO.

Thought Williams was average at best IMHO.

Never left his line, was caught ball watching quite a few times and couldn't hold onto the ball.

Ox has made 3 mistakes in the last few games but has had 17 clean Sheets yet is being hung out to dry.

No thanks

Smartie
03-03-2016, 01:18 PM
There isn’t a goalie on this planet that has all the necessary capabilities to play for Hibernian.

Could someone have a look in that cryogenic freezer we had kicking about to see if any of the Andy Gorams has been hiding in there?

staunchhibby
03-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Think at this time we should be supporting our team and not continualy looking for scapegoats.Its a crucial period and we should get behind them.

TrinityHibs
03-03-2016, 01:22 PM

Naah. David DeGea would be my choice

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Naah. David DeGea would be my choice

Not Hibs class! :wink:

marinello59
03-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Can we not just give this a rest and get behind the team in what could could be a defining period for our club?

Spot on. No need for another thread started simply to pile more criticism on to our current keeper. There's a point when it moves from fair comment to mere spite.

Jones28
03-03-2016, 01:27 PM
Meant hypothetically

Aye but, why?

Andy74
03-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Anyone see Petr Cech last night?

Pete
03-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Time to stick by all our players during our wee sticky spell.

Up the Ox.

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Time to stick by all our players during our wee sticky spell.

Up the Ox.

Well said.

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 01:49 PM
The posts saying there's nothing wrong with Oxley are the Yammish of all. The guy is rank and a total liability. Would maybe be decent for someone like Raith or Queen of the South but he's simply not good enough for Hibs. Up there with Malkowski and Makalambay, if not worse because at least their blunders came against some decent teams and not the part time pish that Oxley seems to struggle with.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2016, 01:53 PM
The posts saying there's nothing wrong with Oxley are the Yammish of all. The guy is rank and a total liability. Would maybe be decent for someone like Raith or Queen of the South but he's simply not good enough for Hibs. Up there with Malkowski and Makalambay, if not worse because at least their blunders came against some decent teams and not the part time pish that Oxley seems to struggle with.:faf: Not even close, such a joke of a post.

SeanWilson
03-03-2016, 01:56 PM

David De Gea, would replace Oxley in a heart beat.

Carheenlea
03-03-2016, 01:58 PM
The posts saying there's nothing wrong with Oxley are the Yammish of all. The guy is rank and a total liability. Would maybe be decent for someone like Raith or Queen of the South but he's simply not good enough for Hibs. Up there with Malkowski and Makalambay, if not worse because at least their blunders came against some decent teams and not the part time pish that Oxley seems to struggle with.

You certainly seek attention like no other poster on here. Gets tiresome after a while.

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 02:18 PM

Yep yamtastic

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 02:20 PM
:faf: Not even close, such a joke of a post.
He's worse than both. Makalambay and Malkowski made a series of howlers against the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen. Oxley has made a series of howlers against the likes of Alloa, Dumbarton and Morton - far, far inferior teams in an inferior league.

Hearts fans are well known for signing the praises of Hibs goalies that are not up to it over the years and it makes me wonder about a few on here who seem to keep going on about how great Oxley is...

Tapes99
03-03-2016, 02:21 PM
I'd clone Jim Leighton and fast track him/it into the squad. Perhaps someone could be on the look out for one of his contact lenses so we can get a dna sample.
Maybe add in some octopus or spider dna (extra arms).

Until then, whether we like it or not, Oxley is number 1 and needs backing.

:hibees

hibeerealist
03-03-2016, 02:27 PM
I wonder what the Oxley save/goal record compared to Cummings shot/goal record for example. :cb

I bet its a landslide victory for the goalie, get off the Ox's back he's carried the team all season.

Oxley has carried the team all season Seanshow, amazing how opinions differ so wildly. I can understand his "supporters" defending him but ...............CARRIED THE TEAM ALL SEASON, I need to go and lie down !!!!!!!!

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2016, 02:29 PM
Simon Brown would thrive in our current set up.

PercyHibs
03-03-2016, 02:30 PM

Completely agree. Couldn't believe the abuse he got at Dumbarton. Some people don't realise he is our goalie for the rest of the season and the fans have a massive part to play. Hopefully a positive part. Our own fans could knock his confidence so much that we end up playing an untried youngster.

Mikey09
03-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Do folk no get tired of slating certain players?! It's getting a bit boring now. Get behind the lad or bore the **** off.

Jumbo
03-03-2016, 02:42 PM
It's Gordon Marshaiis fault 😉

Salt N Sauzee
03-03-2016, 02:46 PM
I'd personally replace Oxley with De Gea in a heart beat.

Just to add to the pointlessness of this thread...

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Completely agree. Couldn't believe the abuse he got at Dumbarton. Some people don't realise he is our goalie for the rest of the season and the fans have a massive part to play. Hopefully a positive part. Our own fans could knock his confidence so much that we end up playing an untried youngster.
80+ first team appearances by the age of 21 is hardly untried.

dangermouse
03-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Simon Brown would thrive in our current set up.

We can always rely on DBS to lighten the mood :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2016, 03:23 PM
He's worse than both. Makalambay and Malkowski made a series of howlers against the likes of Hearts and Aberdeen. Oxley has made a series of howlers against the likes of Alloa, Dumbarton and Morton - far, far inferior teams in an inferior league.

Hearts fans are well known for signing the praises of Hibs goalies that are not up to it over the years and it makes me wonder about a few on here who seem to keep going on about how great Oxley is...Yeah, me supporting a Hibs player makes me a yam. Oxley isn't even close to Maka or Zibi level, only an absolute moron would think so (no offence of course)

03-03-2016, 03:26 PM

Your having a laugh surely?!

Genuinely one of the most ridiculous things i've read on here in a long time.

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Yeah, me supporting a Hibs player makes me a yam. Oxley isn't even close to Maka or Zibi level, only an absolute moron would think so (no offence of course) if you want to put forward any evidence, opinions or reasoning to back up your claim instead of laughing smilies and name calling then I'll be all ears. You've done nothing to try and prove otherwise which makes your position about at weak as Oxleys goalkeeping abilities.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2016, 04:03 PM
if you want to put forward any evidence, opinions or reasoning to back up your claim instead of laughing smilies and name calling then I'll be all ears. You've done nothing to try and prove otherwise which makes your position about at weak as Oxleys goalkeeping abilities.Your evidence is that those keepers made absolute shockers but at least it was in really big games...that is a terrible argument. A mistake is a mistake irrelevant to the opposition.

I'm really not going to bother arguing my position since yours is complete and utter nonsense.

Thecat23
03-03-2016, 04:05 PM
Hibs could sign David De Gea and one mistake loads on here would be telling everyone how he's ***** and we need a new keeper!!

Golden Bear
03-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Spot on. No need for another thread started simply to pile more criticism on to our current keeper. There's a point when it moves from fair comment to mere spite.

Yip.

Makes me wonder, (suspicious in fact) what the motives really are.

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 04:13 PM
Your evidence is that those keepers made absolute shockers but at least it was in really big games...that is a terrible argument. A mistake is a mistake irrelevant to the opposition.

I'm really not going to bother arguing my position since yours is complete and utter nonsense.
"A terrible argument", "utter nonsense" but still not a shred of any explanation or counter argument.

The debating style of a 5 year old boy who thinks that shouting "shut up" at other kids makes him right.

For what it's worth, if your truly believe that 'a mistake is a mistake regardless of the opposition" then the very least you can you is admit that at best, Oxley is just as bad as those named above, if not worse because he's made at least the same number of blunders as they did.

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 04:21 PM
Yip.

Makes me wonder, (suspicious in fact) what the motives really are.

Yep think the motives are crystal clear.

The_Horde
03-03-2016, 04:22 PM

Carried the team? Oh my. Somebodies been smoking some good stuff.

Kato
03-03-2016, 04:25 PM
Meant hypothetically

Hypothetically you could give the young goalie we have now instead of going about Will Harper, Tommy Younger et al.

Hypothetically.

RoYO!
03-03-2016, 04:26 PM

I've been reading a lot of these types of posts and not replied but I just had to with this one. What a load of nonsense- "rank", "total liability" is simply not accurate or fair. IMO of course :)

Kato
03-03-2016, 04:27 PM

My debating style is to say the bit in bold is garbage then move on to another thread never to return thus avoiding more hogwash.

Scottie
03-03-2016, 04:29 PM
Do folk no get tired of slating certain players?! It's getting a bit boring now. Get behind the lad or bore the **** off.
Mikey save your breath mate it's the usual roaster's at it again :rolleyes:

As long as the Ox is wearing a Hibs top he should have the backing of every man jack of our support. It's getting beyond a joke the constant snyping of him.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2016, 04:32 PM
"A terrible argument", "utter nonsense" but still not a shred of any explanation or counter argument.

The debating style of a 5 year old boy who thinks that shouting "shut up" at other kids makes him right.

For what it's worth, if your truly believe that 'a mistake is a mistake regardless of the opposition" then the very least you can you is admit that at best, Oxley is just as bad as those named above, if not worse because he's made at least the same number of blunders as they did.

I really shouldn't have to explain why your argument is terrible, it is obvious to anyone who watched any of the 3 keepers in question. Oxley hasn't made close to the mistakes of Maka or Zibi and even if he had he has so many more positives to his game than either of them.

Btw your debating style is similar to most yams, talk utter pish then say you're right because instead of arguing with you people laugh at you.

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 04:34 PM
My debating style is to say the bit in bold is garbage then move on to another thread never to return thus avoiding more hogwash.
The debating style of someone who's not got a leg to stand on:wink:

"Oxley is a great keeper"

"what makes you say that?"

"Shut up, that's what"

Thank you all for proving my point.

TrinityHibs
03-03-2016, 04:39 PM

Zibi played for Hibs 51 times. In 4 matches against Hearts he let in 6 goals due to calamitous mistakes. 2 of those were in the Scottish Cup semi final. That is the high point on his Wikipedia page. He was definitely a worse goalkeeper than Oxley. I would go further and say I cannot think of a worse goalkeeper although Simon Brown went close. I quite liked Makalamby. He occasionally did some great things but he lacked confidence and made too many mistakes. I would take Oxley before Makalamby any day of the week.

blackpoolhibs
03-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Zibi was not that bad a keeper, he just seemed to save all his mistakes for big games and mainly hertz ones at that.

RoYO!
03-03-2016, 04:48 PM
The debating style of someone who's not got a leg to stand on:wink:

"Oxley is a great keeper"

"what makes you say that?"

"Shut up, that's what"

Thank you all for proving my point.

Okay since you asked:

Distribution- I'd rate as good to v good. Confident with his kicking and excellent range on throw outs. Looks to get the game going again (unless we are protecting a lead- which can be maddening!) and can throw the ball over the half way line more or less. I don't panick when the ball is rolled back to him unlike a string of other keepers. Keeps the ball in play with most clearances too.

Presence-makes himself known and calls to defenders to arrange shape etc. But can also be posted missing at key points. Also prone to flappyness. Not one of his strong points but not dreadful.

Shot stopping/ reflex saves above average I'd say and that's judging by prem standards. For a big guy can get down low. I remember a few where he has had to dive stretch and claw balls off the line as they are bouncing- difficult to do. Same time he has made some diving saves that I wouldn't necessarily expect a keeper to get to.

I think his footballing skills with the ball at his feet are generally v good too.

He's also been a key part of a v good defensive record this year.

The whole package/ finished article? No. Happy with? Yes.

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 04:51 PM
I really shouldn't have to explain why your argument is terrible, it is obvious to anyone who watched any of the 3 keepers in question. Oxley hasn't made close to the mistakes of Maka or Zibi and even if he had he has so many more positives to his game than either of them.
Hasn't made close to the number of mistakes? Now I know you're trolling

Off the top of my head:

Shot spilled through his legs away to Alloa
Shot spilled to strikers feet away to Dumberton
Shot spilled to strikers feet at home to Falkirk
Cross spilled to strikers feet at home to Morton
Shot spilled into the net at home to Rangers
Superman impression away to Dumbarton

That's 6 and that's just the obvious ones. There's plenty more debatable ones in there like Flannigans goal for Alloa at ER and the Sevco goal at Ibrox in the Petrofac Cup

PercyHibs
03-03-2016, 04:51 PM
80+ first team appearances by the age of 21 is hardly untried.

untried for us though. How much do you know about him or the standard of the finnish leagues? He's an unknown quantity at this level.

MWHIBBIES
03-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Hasn't made close to the number of mistakes? Now I know you're trolling

Off the top of my head:

Shot spilled through his legs away to Alloa
Shot spilled to strikers feet away to Dumberton
Shot spilled to strikers feet at home to Falkirk
Cross spilled to strikers feet at home to Morton
Shot spilled into the net at home to Rangers
Superman impression away to Dumbarton

That's 6 and that's just the obvious ones. There's plenty more debatable ones in there like Flannigans goal for Alloa at ER and the Sevco goal at Ibrox in the Petrofac CupMaka and Zibi made that many just against Hearts. I aint the one trolling here.

bigwheel
03-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Maka and Zibi made that many just against Hearts. I aint the one trolling here.

i don't think anyone involved in this argument thread is in a particular strong position tbh....even if Ox is agreed to be better than Zibi and Maka...er, so what??

We need a performing goalkeeper to get through the very difficult weeks ahead. Stubbs has shown to be very loyal to goalie's so we have to assume it's Oxley. He needs to up his game, from this weekend onwards! So it is time for him to stand up and be counted...Come on Oxley - we need you - let's see you put some top performances in...

Sejaca
03-03-2016, 05:22 PM
I'm behind the team as much as the next man, but there's a huge difference between backing the team and ignoring a blatant problem.

Carheenlea
03-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Let's be clear - barring injury there will be no change of keeper at this stage of season, least not before a Cup Quarter and a Hampden final. Everyone needs to get behind Mark Oxley and if there are discussions to be had over his credentials as Hibs keeper then save it for the seasons end.

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 05:31 PM
Okay since you asked:

Distribution- I'd rate as good to v good. Confident with his kicking and excellent range on throw outs. Looks to get the game going again (unless we are protecting a lead- which can be maddening!) and can throw the ball over the half way line more or less. I don't panick when the ball is rolled back to him unlike a string of other keepers. Keeps the ball in play with most clearances too.

Presence-makes himself known and calls to defenders to arrange shape etc. But can also be posted missing at key points. Also prone to flappyness. Not one of his strong points but not dreadful.

Shot stopping/ reflex saves above average I'd say and that's judging by prem standards. For a big guy can get down low. I remember a few where he has had to dive stretch and claw balls off the line as they are bouncing- difficult to do. Same time he has made some diving saves that I wouldn't necessarily expect a keeper to get to.

I think his footballing skills with the ball at his feet are generally v good too.

He's also been a key part of a v good defensive record this year.

The whole package/ finished article? No. Happy with? Yes.
I'd agree with kicking and distribution, I've actually mentioned it before on other threads so we're agreed on that one. Presence, I'd agree not a strong point too

Shot stopping is where we differ. I'd say he spills far too much and his positioning is very questionable, I think he leaves far too much room at the far post for example and it makes it too easy to find that side of the net (See Djoum, Murdoch, Forbes recently for example). I'd put him as the weak link of a very good defence this year.

Good to see so someone actually respond with some points and opinions though! Good stuff!

Iceman1875
03-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Move on.

At Easter Road we play...

Scouse Hibee
03-03-2016, 08:58 PM

WTF is the point of this thread slating one of our current players by reminiscing about an ex player. Fed up of this pish on here, people are entitled to an opinion but really is there any ****** need for this. Get behind our current players :loser:

high bee
03-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Oxley is an decent keeper, he has some saves where I can't believe he's managed and concedes some goals I would consider he should be saving. I firmly believe the defence is not where we should be concerned despite te last few games but I would love Virtanen to get a chance, just to see what the lad can do. Ox was young and inexperienced when he came here and Virtanen may be young but he's not far away from the same appearances as Ox so I'm quite excited by his potential.

Wee Effen Bee
03-03-2016, 11:01 PM
Aye, everyone is entitled to their opinion. If it's posted on a public forum though you can't complain if others blast it to ***! Especially when it is laced with exaggerated pash - my opinion of course. No one has definitive data to suggest who the better goalie is so it is usually down to our subjective views. My view is that Oxley is a 'better' keeper. My evidence is anecdotal but as sound as anyone else's. My opinion is based upon my time playing school/youth/amateur/semi professional (until I was found out and quickly binned:greengrin) and, of course watching live and TV football covering all levels for over 40 years. Oxley isn't brilliant, would be elsewhere if he was, but he is a good goalie and will be one of the best in the premier when we go up. If we had Williams, Makalamby and Brown on our books, I would guess that Oxley would still be no. 1.
Still young, still learning but probably the best supporter in Oxley's corner is Stubbsy. Apologies to everyone who has contributed but, respectfully:cb, I think I will go with his judgement rather than anyone else on this forum.

Jonnyboy
03-03-2016, 11:02 PM
WTF is the point of this thread slating one of our current players by reminiscing about an ex player. Fed up of this pish on here, people are entitled to an opinion but really is there any ****** need for this. Get behind our current players :loser:

:top marks

FranckSuzy
03-03-2016, 11:19 PM

:agree: or post on a more appropriate forum :wink:

Dashing Bob S
04-03-2016, 12:25 AM
Zibi played for Hibs 51 times. In 4 matches against Hearts he let in 6 goals due to calamitous mistakes. 2 of those were in the Scottish Cup semi final. That is the high point on his Wikipedia page. He was definitely a worse goalkeeper than Oxley. I would go further and say I cannot think of a worse goalkeeper although Simon Brown went close. I quite liked Makalamby. He occasionally did some great things but he lacked confidence and made too many mistakes. I would take Oxley before Makalamby any day of the week.

As a Clown fan, I'm offended. I think he was worse than Zibi. I remember him wandering out of his goal into the stand to queue up for a pie in a game against Rangers, leaving Charlie Adam to float a free kick into the empty net. Just to prove the point, he did it again in the second half.

TObeachesHibby
04-03-2016, 06:36 AM
This is a nonsense thread..All goalkeepers make mistakes at some point. Oxley has been very consistent for many games this deserves our support. It is not as if we can replace him with a better goalie from the present (never mind the past!). Its the business part of the season....stop moaning and enjoy the fact we have much to play for...:agree:

Bayern Bru
04-03-2016, 07:41 AM
1. Williams had some shockers towards the end of his time at Hibs, we just choosing to ignore that?
2. If Oxley didn't make mistakes, he wouldn't be at Hibs. Because he'd be far too good for us.
3. Craig Gordon, Scott Brown and Neil Alexander have all made blunders this season - fans are still behind them.
4. If we're talking about crap Hibs keepers, there are many, many candidates who would be ahead of Oxley.
5. Let's support the team, eh? Players make mistakes, it happens. The team needs our backing right now more than ever - let's make sure they get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
04-03-2016, 11:21 AM
There is a Yammish whiff about this thread.........

dangermouse
04-03-2016, 11:32 AM
As a Clown fan, I'm offended. I think he was worse than Zibi. I remember him wandering out of his goal into the stand to queue up for a pie in a game against Rangers, leaving Charlie Adam to float a free kick into the empty net. Just to prove the point, he did it again in the second half.

And after letting the second in he smashed the pie into the ground with both fists

erin go bragh
04-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Dearie me :( Threads like this on the build up to two important cup games . Get a grip . Reeks of keek back .

GGTTH

hibsbollah
04-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Don't want to get shot down in flames, so tin hat on, he's not trying a leg, enough of this tippy tappy pish, he's earning 10 grand a week, Petrie is an alien abductee etc etc.

Another nonsense thread.

Pete
04-03-2016, 01:45 PM
There is a Yammish whiff about this thread.........

The cup defeat has certainly prodded them into some sort of reaction. It's as if they don't know how to handle a defeat from Hibernian.

Get used to it Saviles because it will be the norm when we get back up.

RCNG
04-03-2016, 01:55 PM
While we're at it, get rid of Cummings and bring Tony Rougier back! *Rolls eyes*

ancient hibee
04-03-2016, 04:18 PM
Don't want to get shot down in flames, so tin hat on, he's not trying a leg, enough of this tippy tappy pish, he's earning 10 grand a week, Petrie is an alien abductee etc etc.

Another nonsense thread.

Surely Petrie abducts aliens and makes them play in goals for Hibs.

Glory Lurker
04-03-2016, 04:51 PM
Goram AND Leighton, or we should start a boycott.

jdships
04-03-2016, 05:17 PM

You have to remember that the heid bangers that hounded Lewis for long enough have been outvoted so they have to find another player to slag off
It's a hobby to some people :confused:
Well done Mark O and keep it going lad !!:thumbsup:

hibsbollah
04-03-2016, 05:50 PM
You have to remember that the heid bangers that hounded Lewis for long enough have been outvoted so they have to find another player to slag off
It's a hobby to some people :confused:
Well done Mark O and keep it going lad !!:thumbsup:

Haven't seen an anti Lewis thread in a while. The usual Lewis hating suspects have gone into hiding. He was pish against QOS though :duck:

KWJ
04-03-2016, 06:02 PM
I'm happy with the Ox largely in part to what I've seen between the sticks for Hibs before and also in comparison to what other teams in Scotland have got.

Only keepers that I'd say are significantly better would be Gordon, Bain and surprisingly McDonald.

Importantly for the overall squad Oxley seems to fit in well with the squad.

Hibbyhaz
04-03-2016, 07:04 PM
I'm happy with the Ox largely in part to what I've seen between the sticks for Hibs before and also in comparison to what other teams in Scotland have got.

Only keepers that I'd say are significantly better would be Gordon, Bain and surprisingly McDonald.

Importantly for the overall squad Oxley seems to fit in well with the squad.
I would probably put Cerny and McGovern on that list. McGovern could still possibly be joining us at the end of his contract

Andy74
04-03-2016, 07:34 PM
I would probably put Cerny and McGovern on that list. McGovern could still possibly be joining us at the end of his contract

The same Cerny that couldn't get a game ahead of Oxley?

hibby6270
04-03-2016, 08:58 PM
You watch - Oxley MotM on Sunday.:agree::agree:

On the subject of keepers, without Googling it, who remembers who our keeper was in 2007 LCFi?
If you know, fair enough. If you don't, you'll be surprised.:greengrin

BIGK
04-03-2016, 08:58 PM
Think that the only point of the thread was to ask who was better. I myself would choose Williams as a hibs keeper. That would be nowhere near the whole story though. Williams was what? 28-29 when he came to hibs, and well experianced in a first team at that. This is Oxleys first regular first team gig and only his second season at that. He in my opinion is massivlly improved on last season in all respects except cocentration. He still rip's ma knittin with how long he takes with his by kicks even when we are loosing but maybe that's just me. The only way to trully decide who is best is to wait untill they have an equil number of seasons under there belt. Only problem is that is not how football works these days.

blackpoolhibs
04-03-2016, 09:16 PM

On the subject of keepers, without Googling it, who remembers who our keeper was in 2007 LCFi?

Andy McNeil. Easy.:confused:

Hibbyhaz
04-03-2016, 09:20 PM
The same Cerny that couldn't get a game ahead of Oxley?
If you have seen Cerny this season you will know what I mean. He is a great keeper. He was only ever in to push Oxley a bit, Stubbs clearly likes playing with 1 keeper throughout, no rotation or anything like that

Hibbyhaz
04-03-2016, 09:22 PM

Andy McNeil. He was my coach for about a year while he was playing for Livingston. Really nice guy. Clear to see he isnt the biggest though

ihibs7
04-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Andy McNeil. He was my coach for about a year while he was playing for Livingston. Really nice guy. Clear to see he isnt the biggest though

And on the bench for Morton last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
04-03-2016, 10:10 PM

Yep absolute joke.

Giro Playboy
05-03-2016, 12:23 AM
Was Williams that great? As Hibs fans we tend to romanticise about former players who actually weren't as good as we remember.

Gogs07
05-03-2016, 12:27 AM
Was Williams that great? As Hibs fans we tend to romanticise about former players who actually weren't as good as we remember.
Hey Giro, you just back in from a nigh toot!:party: