PDA

View Full Version : Cup final celebrations

nic81
03-03-2016, 12:12 AM
If............If we win has there been any info made available for any celebrations? ER after the game, a parade etc? Apologies if posted elsewhere

HibsNutter
03-03-2016, 12:14 AM
There will be a parade heading down to the ground as there was the last time I presume.

nic81
03-03-2016, 12:17 AM
There will be a parade heading down to the ground as there was the last time I presume.

After the game bud? Was there not bother inside ER the last time?

Lancs Harp
03-03-2016, 12:18 AM
Heading back to Lytham to get plastered, personally

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2016, 12:22 AM

:agree: folk not realising that the pitch is for players...not the fans

nic81
03-03-2016, 12:22 AM
:thumbsup:

nic81
03-03-2016, 12:24 AM
:agree: folk not realising that the pitch is for players...not the fans

:rolleyes:Hopefully everyone will behave this time then:greengrin

monktonharp
03-03-2016, 12:36 AM
If I am still alive when Hibernian win the Scottish cup, and I am fit enough to make it to the final wherever it is, I will be on the pitch at the centre circle.greetin

monktonharp
03-03-2016, 12:43 AM
things have changed over the years tough. At one time, or on a couple of occasions the team bus would parade from the Maybury and I do recall people coming out of their posh bungalows along the entrance to Corstorphine cheering the bus into town. 1972, or 1991/ maybe because JimO'Rourke was a Clerrie boy?:greengrin

California-Hibs
03-03-2016, 01:57 AM
Would like to know this aswel IF we win. You don't ever wanna ask this question, but it's still good to know so people can make plans etc. I enjoyed last time, went to princess street and ran along side the bus all the way down leith walk and up to Easter Road then into the stadium. What a night!

Moulin Yarns
03-03-2016, 06:36 AM

Me? enjoying the drive back up the A9 amongst the staggies.

green day
03-03-2016, 06:55 AM
things have changed over the years tough. At one time, or on a couple of occasions the team bus would parade from the Maybury and I do recall people coming out of their posh bungalows along the entrance to Corstorphine cheering the bus into town. 1972, or 1991/ maybe because JimO'Rourke was a Clerrie boy?:greengrin

It was in 1991, first one after the FTB tried to shut us down. Lots of love shown by the city, cheering crowds all the way to ER.

Hibee87
03-03-2016, 07:03 AM
It was pretty farcical IIRC last time, stopped letting people into stadium very early, then re opened, word spread and people around tamsons on e.r were coming back telling everyone not to bother, then changing it to everyone rushing up again. Then closed again haha, im sure the south was either not open or hardly anyone got on.

Luckily I managed to sneak into the famous 5 after vaulting into the graveyard to get past the stewards that i think were a quarter way down st clair street trying to force people back, climbed the T.V tower at the corner of the west and famous 5 then hopped into the stand. Which im sure wasnt anywhere near full at this point either. (I also landed with one leg on one step and the other on the lower step resulting in an unfortunate tumble down them)

I also remember the Cabbage and I think the Iona running our of pints and only had limited bottles left like nookie Broons

No idea how they manage it this time, but I imagine Leann has thought it through and might even charge a token pound entry or somthing for a ticket stub :dunno:

marinello59
03-03-2016, 07:43 AM
It was pretty farcical IIRC last time, stopped letting people into stadium very early, then re opened, word spread and people around tamsons on e.r were coming back telling everyone not to bother, then changing it to everyone rushing up again. Then closed again haha, im sure the south was either not open or hardly anyone got on.

Luckily I managed to sneak into the famous 5 after vaulting into the graveyard to get past the stewards that i think were a quarter way down st clair street trying to force people back, climbed the T.V tower at the corner of the west and famous 5 then hopped into the stand. Which im sure wasnt anywhere near full at this point either. (I also landed with one leg on one step and the other on the lower step resulting in an unfortunate tumble down them)

I also remember the Cabbage and I think the Iona running our of pints and only had limited bottles left like nookie Broons

No idea how they manage it this time, but I imagine Leann has thought it through and might even charge a token pound entry or somthing for a ticket stub :dunno:

The stadium didn't open and re-open, they closed the doors before the ground was full as they had said they would to stop people rushing from watching the parade to the ground. It was a safety issue. The advice had been to do one or the other.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-03-2016, 07:49 AM
The sensible thing to do would be to hold off any parade until Monday night and do it properly rather than the rushed late night effort that happened last time. As mentioned Nobody knew if the stadium was open, stewards were trying to keep people away, and the open top parade on Princes St was nothing of the sort, driver couldn't get along quick enough.

Ozyhibby
03-03-2016, 08:01 AM
The sensible thing to do would be to hold off any parade until Monday night and do it properly rather than the rushed late night effort that happened last time. As mentioned Nobody knew if the stadium was open, stewards were trying to keep people away, and the open top parade on Princes St was nothing of the sort, driver couldn't get along quick enough.

No way. Hold it on the night. On the monday night only a fraction will show up. The chaos of 2007 was part of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onceinawhile
03-03-2016, 08:03 AM
Needs to be the night of.

I'd imagine the club will say nothing until next week (if anything at all). They won't want to distract from Sunday, they also won't want to give Jim macintyre anything to pin up in the dressing room.

lucky
03-03-2016, 08:04 AM
The bus parade in 2007 was a farce, the bus zoomed along Princess street about 30 mph. The stadium was half empty and it was generally a let down compared to 1991. But who cares as long as we win

Nakedmanoncrack
03-03-2016, 08:06 AM
No way. Hold it on the night. On the monday night only a fraction will show up. The chaos of 2007 was part of the fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't agree, think more would turn up when it's a planned event that will be considerably more family friendly than what you'll get at the end of the night after a cup final. Don't think anyone else does these late Sun night affairs which though chaotic & fun aren't the best way to do things.

Onceinawhile
03-03-2016, 08:07 AM
Can't agree, think more would turn up when it's a planned event that will be considerably more family friendly than what you'll get at the end of the night after a cup final. Don't think anyone else does these late Sun night affairs which though chaotic & fun aren't the best way to do things.

When then? Monday night when kids have school the day after and people have work the next day?
Or after the next game? Because that doesn't always go to plan.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-03-2016, 08:11 AM
When then? Monday night when kids have school the day after and people have work the next day?
Or after the next game? Because that doesn't always go to plan.

Monday night 18.00.

Yorkshire HFC
03-03-2016, 08:17 AM
I think the players have been celebrating it for the last two weeks - that's the problem

Hiber-nation
03-03-2016, 08:25 AM
I think the players have been celebrating it for the last two weeks - that's the problem

Aye?

MichelleHibs
03-03-2016, 08:33 AM
Monday night 18.00.

And what about us out of towners?! Has to be the Sunday night after the game! Was in the ground in 2007 and apart from those who invaded the pitch it was a good night. Taking my kids to their first final so hoping they get to experience the celebrations as if they're the Monday night they won't be able to as were in Perth, I don't drive and between work n school we won't get down.

GreenCastle
03-03-2016, 09:17 AM
Disclaimer - I don't believe we have won the cup or have any right to win the cup ...

These threads always come back to bite you..but worth discussing as last time it wasn't well organised.

It would feel more special on the night of the game.

They need to open up the whole stadium also and manage it so tickets are given out at turnstiles for a seat.

Would be good if they sorted the sound system in the east so fans can actually hear any interviews with players etc

No idea plans for parade but remember a lot of barriers put up before the final in 2012 along close by streets.

Think tram works in 2012 caused an odd planned route last time also.

Don't forget Scotland v France rugby that weekend also so roads could be chaos.

EH54
03-03-2016, 09:26 AM
I'm sure i was getting told on the way home on the bus that they had already started letting people into the ground we couldn't get anywhere near ER by the time we arrived no sure if this was because or bus was late or they did in fact open ER way too early giving those who was at the game little or no chance to get in,

GreenArmyyy!
03-03-2016, 10:52 AM

Not so much trouble but there was a mini pitch invasion and Hibs threatened to end the celebrations early.

The bigger problem was Hibs stating the ground was at capacity when in fact they hadn't opened the south stand. That led to the big green doors of the such stand being kicked in and flooding with fans.

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 11:00 AM
The bus parade in 2007 was a farce, the bus zoomed along Princess street about 30 mph. The stadium was half empty and it was generally a let down compared to 1991. But who cares as long as we win

Yep can remember being on Leith Walk and wouldnt call it a parade more a race to get home. Flew past.

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 11:02 AM

Got to be kidding, should be on the night of the match.

NAE NOOKIE
03-03-2016, 11:03 AM
Not so much trouble but there was a mini pitch invasion and Hibs threatened to end the celebrations early.

The bigger problem was Hibs stating the ground was at capacity when in fact they hadn't opened the south stand. That led to the big green doors of the such stand being kicked in and flooding with fans.

They did ..... I was in the west stand lower and the players were taken off the pitch early before they could get to that part of the ground and never came back out, thanks to the actions of a minority of selfish prats who refused to listen to repeated pleas by the club to stay off the pitch there were a lot of upset kids around me who didn't get to see the cup close up :fuming:

Onceinawhile
03-03-2016, 11:05 AM
I'm sure i was getting told on the way home on the bus that they had already started letting people into the ground we couldn't get anywhere near ER by the time we arrived no sure if this was because or bus was late or they did in fact open ER way too early giving those who was at the game little or no chance to get in,

Plenty people at the game made it in. We made it from Glasgow to Linlithgow to waverly to ER and had time to stop off for a drink.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-03-2016, 11:27 AM
Nobody has ever suggested holding a Scottish Cup parade on night of game (inc the year it was a Sun) so why relegate LC to second class startus only worthy of what can only ever be a rushed (non)event?

Jones28
03-03-2016, 11:45 AM
Last time we got into the South stand. Saw the pitch invasion (which included a dog with the campaign noir top on!) and as the last few came off the pitch one guy was so mad he ran from the back of the lower tier to the front and lamped one of the last to leave the pitch! Fat Bob will be a legend forever between my dad, brother, cousins and l

Carheenlea
03-03-2016, 12:13 PM
I'm not sure if the club would publicly announce any plans for a celebration event prior to the game itself, but plans could be put in place to hold an event at Easter Road on the Monday evening to show off the Cup and have a celebration with the fans in the event of winning, and details could be released right after the game.
An open top bus would have to be a must though on the Sunday night. A parade along Princes Street (at a Kevin Thomson pace rather than a Martin Boyle) and down Leith Walk and up Easter Road past the watering holes that would be packed with celebrating fans. Here's hoping..

AFKA5814_Hibs
03-03-2016, 12:31 PM
I'm not sure if the club would publicly announce any plans for a celebration event prior to the game itself, but plans could be put in place to hold an event at Easter Road on the Monday evening to show off the Cup and have a celebration with the fans in the event of winning, and details could be released right after the game.
An open top bus would have to be a must though on the Sunday night. A parade along Princes Street (at a Kevin Thomson pace rather than a Martin Boyle) and down Leith Walk and up Easter Road past the watering holes that would be packed with celebrating fans. Here's hoping..

These things are always planned ahead as there has to be arrangements for possible road closures. There is normally a notice placed into the Evening News during the week with times and possible parking restrictions and road closures.

I'd imagine it would be similar to 2007. Open top bus from City Chambers down to Easter Road.

JoeT_WasTheBest
03-03-2016, 12:38 PM
Nobody has ever suggested holding a Scottish Cup parade on night of game (inc the year it was a Sun) so why relegate LC to second class startus only worthy of what can only ever be a rushed (non)event?

I hate talking about these things, but I guess the difference is that the Scottish Cup final is usually a Saturday whereas the League Cup is always a Sunday. A Saturday win gives you a big Sunday celebration that most people would be able to make. Would be nice to experience.....!

Carheenlea
03-03-2016, 12:41 PM
These things are always planned ahead as there has to be arrangements for possible road closures. There is normally a notice placed into the Evening News during the week with times and possible parking restrictions and road closures.

I'd imagine it would be similar to 2007. Open top bus from City Chambers down to Easter Road.

That is true right enough.
One of the most gut wrenching sights I've seen in Edinburgh following the 2012 Cup Final was all the traffic cones lined up down Leith Street and London Road with notice informing of a "possible event" that night as I trudged down to Robbies to meet friends and drown our sorrows. That said, if you walked past that pub at 10pm you might have been forgiven for thinking we had actually won the thing as the alcohol slowly eased the pain in the company of fellow fans, and the songs were chanted out again defiantly.

ALF TUPPER
03-03-2016, 01:18 PM
If ............. and its a big if, we win. I'll be celebrating in the Weege,.
i'll wait for the CD :thumbsup::flag::flag:

Alex Trager
03-03-2016, 01:21 PM
I'm sure the club will have that sorted if we do win it and they'll communicate it rapidly.

Today is a lot different with social media. Even since '07.

We'll know as soon as the team know IMO.

But again let us wait til the final whistl

Pete
03-03-2016, 01:33 PM
Win the cup, make your way back to a central pub in Edinburgh, see the open top bus, go back to a pub and celebrate, sickie on Monday.

That's what I did last time and it felt like part of one amazing day.

I'm_cabbaged
03-03-2016, 01:54 PM
If ............. and its a big if, we win. I'll be celebrating in the Weege,.
i'll wait for the CD :thumbsup::flag::flag:

So you can hear it?

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2016, 02:34 PM
hows about a wee parade at our first home game afterwards v Dumbarton, open the south and put the 34 Dumbarton fans in a wee corner somewhere, mind you though that's a full two weeks afterwards and the excitement will have died down :hmmm: anyway, better not talk about parades just yet i guess :greengrin

monarch
03-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Why not have the celebration at the stadium with entry limited to those with a certain number of loyalty points ?

:greengrin

southern hibby
03-03-2016, 08:01 PM
If I am still alive when Hibernian win the Scottish cup, and I am fit enough to make it to the final wherever it is, I will be on the pitch at the centre circle.greetin

I'm taking some turf, goalposts, electric scoreboard, seat, goal scorers strip and shorts and that's for starters.

Disclaimer this list is by no means exclusive but if and when I fancy adding to it I WILL and if I spend a year or two at her magistry's pleasure I'll be to high on winning that elusive piece of silver that I won't give a monkeys.

GGTTH

Keith_M
03-03-2016, 08:02 PM
This thread has just jinxed any chance we had of winning the bloomin thing!

Wheat Hound
03-03-2016, 08:25 PM
Why not have the celebration at the stadium with entry limited to those with a certain number of loyalty points ?

😁😁😁😁

Nevi_SOL
03-03-2016, 08:44 PM

How many do we get if we attend the after party