PDA

View Full Version : QoS goal

hiberactive
02-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Poor defending from Fontaine,should have closed the player down quicker,forcing him to pass or take him on but Oxley really should be saving that-middle of the goals,good height-poor from both players.

eastterrace
02-03-2016, 06:25 PM
Poor defending from Fontaine,should have closed the player down quicker,forcing him to pass or take him on but Oxley really should be saving that-middle of the goals,good height-poor from both players. yes the ox is a duffer he should be saving that

Onceinawhile
02-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Poor clearance by Fontaine, terrible attempt at pressing by mcginn.

Oxley was never going to save that and it's ridiculous to say otherwise.

Big L
02-03-2016, 06:31 PM
Oxley saves very little, if a shots on target it's normally a goal. Stubbs needs to take him out before the fans really start on him. Virtanen must watch Oxley and shake his head, lets face it, he has to come in!

lucky
02-03-2016, 06:32 PM
I don't rate Oxley but he was not at fault for the Queens goal

hiberactive
02-03-2016, 06:33 PM

It's ridiculous to expect our goalie to save a shot that's near enough in the middle of the goals????

Hibbyhaz
02-03-2016, 06:34 PM
his positioning wasn't good enough, the shot wasn't far into the corner, and as all ready mentioned it was a good height for him. However, Fontaine should have done a lot better so I feel he should take the blame

HH81
02-03-2016, 06:40 PM
Just seen it. Poor goal all round defender and keeper.

Anyone got a vid that shows any hibs chances as my clip only showed goal?

rcarter1
02-03-2016, 06:41 PM

Im sorry, some you save, and some you don't. That goal was saveable - for absolute sure it was saveable. Would have been a decent save and worthy of applause, but no danger was it unsavable.

kaimendhibs
02-03-2016, 06:43 PM
It wasnt oxleys fault as defending was poor. However it was definately saveable.

wookie70
02-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Dreadful from Fontaine with the clearance and pressing the scorer. Oxley looks in a poor position to me and may be slightly unsighted by Fontaine. We concede too many goals from shots that aren't wonder strikes. I think the OX has been decent this year but we can do a lot better

Blaster
02-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Just watched the highlights. How did we manage to lose that

I am sure I'll get someone criticising this comment but we are due some luck in front of goal. Cummings shot deflected over, save from McGinn and stokes unlucky with the follow up. Stokes again 2nd half cleared off the line by good luck rather than anything

SkintHibby
02-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Just seen it on BBC Scotland news. Oxley should have saved that. Shocking.

Matty_Jack04
02-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Oxley saves very little, if a shots on target it's normally a goal. Stubbs needs to take him out before the fans really start on him. Virtanen must watch Oxley and shake his head, lets face it, he has to come in!

Absolute drivel

eastterrace
02-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Absolute drivel drivel yes that's a word you could throw at the ox , mind he probably drop it

hiberactive
02-03-2016, 07:02 PM

It's ridiculous to expect our goalie to save a shot that's near enough in the middle of the goals????

hiberactive
02-03-2016, 07:05 PM
Sorry,never meant to send that again.

Sammy7nil
02-03-2016, 07:10 PM
It wasnt oxleys fault as defending was poor. However it was definately saveable.

Thats the way i saw it keepers save those shots, unfortunately Ox does not make many saves and anything on target has a chance.

Hiber-nation
02-03-2016, 07:13 PM
I didn't blame him wholly for Dumbarton's 2nd as Stevenson and Hanlon were more culpable but his positioning for that goal last night was atrocious. Not making him a scapegoat, just stating a fact having seen it on TV.

Torto7062
02-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Just seen it. Poor goal all round defender and keeper.

Anyone got a vid that shows any hibs chances as my clip only showed goal?
http://bbc.in/1TS3YqI

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Matty_Jack04
02-03-2016, 07:29 PM
drivel yes that's a word you could throw at the ox , mind he probably drop it

Ox has had a good season the witch hunt after a couple of bad games, and it's not only him that's had a dip, is an absolute joke. There's always one player on here that the "supporters" turn on and to forget The good work the Ox has done to suit your agenda is laughable where was the moans and groans at him during a 24 game run without loosing?

The answer though instead of supporting is throw an untried 21 yr old into
A team struggling for a bit confidence....that hasn't got the potential to back fire eh then ruin a young goalies confidence as well as our 1st choice

Golden Bear
02-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Just seen it on BBC Scotland news. Oxley should have saved that. Shocking.

Fontaine blocked his line of vision which didn't help.

Jonnyboy
02-03-2016, 07:42 PM
I didn't blame him wholly for Dumbarton's 2nd as Stevenson and Hanlon were more culpable but his positioning for that goal last night was atrocious. Not making him a scapegoat, just stating a fact having seen it on TV.

That's twice I've read that since the game. May have been your goodself the first time too? Anyway, I can't see for the life of me why Lewis is considered culpaple? The cross came from their left, right back's territory and as it arrived on Nade's head, Paul Hanlon was caught on his heels and couldn't challenge as Oxley did his Superman impersonation. Lewis was in his correct position, guarding the back post area.

As to last night's goal I reckon Fontaine was in Oxley's line of sight and so the keeper saw it late. One thing I did remark upon to my brother at the game was that Ox didn't move his feet, diving from a static stance. He does that a lot IMO

Baldy Foghorn
02-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Fontaine turned his back on the shot, not what I expect from him

Northernhibee
02-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Board's reeking of Jambo the night.

paddy1875
02-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Fontaine turned his back on the shot, not what I expect from him

Exactly, very bad defending from a big strong centre half. Should be chucking himself in front of the shot not turning his back on it.

Onion
02-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Focusing on the wrong end. Only players responsible for last night are the strikers.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
02-03-2016, 08:10 PM
We need to stop blaming Oxley for being the source of our problems. It's a bit embarrassing now.

Libby Hibby
02-03-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm sorry but Oxleys positioning is horrific

Aldo
02-03-2016, 08:17 PM
At the end of the day they scored however if our strikers had done their job properly it would of been a consolation. That is the plain and simple fact of the matter.

Chances missed and not taken cost us 3 points.

There have been a few folk out of the woodwork in the last week or so.

Wonder if it's because we have been beaten in these games.

Toldo123
02-03-2016, 08:29 PM
Was a very good strike but a lot of keepers would have got something on it

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

SlickShoes
02-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Jesus christ, just watched those highlights, Oxley is nowhere near being the man to blame for that goal.

The shot was hammered from behind a player all of 12 yards out, it'd be a miracle if he kept that out.

I am not his biggest fan but he was no where near the man at fault, the midfield closing down was poor and fontaine stood off murdoch.

If we hit shots with the conviction murdoch hit his maybe we'd score more.

Onion
02-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Could be worse, could have Man City's Joe Hart in goals :greengrin

rcarter1
02-03-2016, 08:37 PM
We need to stop blaming Oxley for being the source of our problems. It's a bit embarrassing now.

Fair enough. Oxley can only be apportioned a small part of blame for our overall ineffectiveness in this league. Barring the obvious (i.e. taking more chances), do you see an answer to why we score so few given the high overall standard of our passing, and high overall amount of possession? Ive spent the last two seasons thinking; what are we doing wrong to not score more? Are we just a poor individually at shooting, or can we create better opportunities with our possession?

Stuarty27
02-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Don't rate him at all but he isn't to blame for that goal

Hiber-nation
02-03-2016, 08:45 PM
That's twice I've read that since the game. May have been your goodself the first time too? Anyway, I can't see for the life of me why Lewis is considered culpaple? The cross came from their left, right back's territory and as it arrived on Nade's head, Paul Hanlon was caught on his heels and couldn't challenge as Oxley did his Superman impersonation. Lewis was in his correct position, guarding the back post area.

As to last night's goal I reckon Fontaine was in Oxley's line of sight and so the keeper saw it late. One thing I did remark upon to my brother at the game was that Ox didn't move his feet, diving from a static stance. He does that a lot IMO

Yeah I posted that. Lewis just left Nade to Hanlon who wasn't ready. Oxley tried to remedy the situation but maybe made the wrong decision. It was all wrong. I couldn't make Saturday and didn't bother going last night but I've sadly replayed both goals a few times and stand by my opinion although it's not a big deal.

hibby6270
02-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Oxley not to blame for the goal. Power of the shot and Fontaine blocking his direct view were what made the ball hit the back of the net.

Haven't seen him play yet but I doubt Virtanen would have done any better.

hibsboy69
02-03-2016, 08:49 PM
Boy should've been closed down by Fontaine. Oxleys vision was blocked.

QOTS had one highlight (and one shot on target FFS).

Very unlucky not to win that game.

Aldo
02-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Fair enough. Oxley can only be apportioned a small part of blame for our overall ineffectiveness in this league. Barring the obvious (i.e. taking more chances), do you see an answer to why we score so few given the high overall standard of our passing, and high overall amount of possession? Ive spent the last two seasons thinking; what are we doing wrong to not score more? Are we just a poor individually at shooting, or can we create better opportunities with our possession?

Could be a bit of composure/confidence in final 3rd in box.

Keatings against the yams prime example. Would put that away 9 times out of 10 in training.

Missing these chances will Defo put more pressure on your defence and this has been the case.

I would even say this was a position we were in last season and not taking chances.

Playoff second leg at ER, first 20 mins... Fonts header off target balls across the 6 yard box no takers, fluffed shots and at the death a goal when it was too little to late.

We take early chances and pressure is off with the opposition looking to get them back. They leave more space for us to exploit.

Lang Toun hibby
02-03-2016, 08:52 PM
If you watch Super John McGinn unfortunately he lets the boy Murdoch go instead of tracking back, and if Fontaine had come forward a bit to challenge/block the player then he would not have got the shot off.

Sergey
02-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Yeah I posted that. Lewis just left Nade to Hanlon who wasn't ready. Oxley tried to remedy the situation but maybe made the wrong decision. It was all wrong. I couldn't make Saturday and didn't bother going last night but I've sadly replayed both goals a few times and stand by my opinion although it's not a big deal.

The finger could easily be pointed at Wee Lewis for last night's goal. He clearly stands off the attacker and lets QoS pass the ball into the box.

Far be it for me to castigate the lad, but...

Baldy Foghorn
02-03-2016, 08:55 PM
The finger could easily be pointed at Wee Lewis for last night's goal. He clearly stands off the attacker and lets QoS pass the ball into the box.

Far be it for me to castigate the lad, but...

But you will anyway....:rolleyes:

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 08:56 PM
I was more disappointed that we allowed QoS possession for 5 minutes before the goal - we invited the goal for me because the midfield switched off for 5-10.

I mention midfield because that's where we are losing games - no consistency due to injuries and tinkering. We miss Fyvie and McGeouch - simple as that.

Aldo
02-03-2016, 08:59 PM
I was more disappointed that we allowed QoS possession for 5 minutes before the goal - we invited the goal for me because the midfield switched off for 5-10. I mention midfield because that's where we are losing games - no consistency due to injuries and tinkering. We miss Fyvie and McGeouch - simple as that.

Couldn't agree more regarding Dylan and Fraser.

Both very very good players and I really do think we miss what they bring to the team.

I stand by the fact that if we took at least a couple of our chances the game would of been over by the time they scored!!

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2016, 09:01 PM

The free kick he failed to save at easter road a few weeks ago from the middle of the semi circle was a prime example of this. He in my opinion lets in goals that many other keepers at OUR level would save, and he hardly has many shots to save. :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
02-03-2016, 09:05 PM
It was a well struck shot but it appeared to go through Oxleys hands . He might have seen it late or the pace maybe beat him but he will be disappointed not to have got a hand to it.

rcarter1
02-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Could be a bit of composure/confidence in final 3rd in box.

Keatings against the yams prime example. Would put that away 9 times out of 10 in training.

Missing these chances will Defo put more pressure on your defence and this has been the case.

I would even say this was a position we were in last season and not taking chances.

Playoff second leg at ER, first 20 mins... Fonts header off target balls across the 6 yard box no takers, fluffed shots and at the death a goal when it was too little to late.

We take early chances and pressure is off with the opposition looking to get them back. They leave more space for us to exploit.

Agree this has been a feature of the two seasons we've been down here. I think we have too many players who are just not that good at getting goals. This is one of the reasons why I was upset to see Jordan Forster out of the side as he seemed to have a few goals in him. Stokes not being up to speed hasn't helped, and our midfield just don't have much in their locker goal wise either (Maybe Henderson with 5 goals is doing OK?). El Alagui coming back could help up front, and Id like to see more of Carmichael as well.

AndyB_70
02-03-2016, 09:06 PM
Why is our centre half turning his back on the ball? FFS he is meant to stand up to the shot. He basically spun out of the way of the ball. He should be doing much better then that.

Aldo
02-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Agree this has been a feature of the two seasons we've been down here. I think we have too many players who are just not that good at getting goals. This is one of the reasons why I was upset to see Jordan Forster out of the side as he seemed to have a few goals in him. Stokes not being up to speed hasn't helped, and our midfield just don't have much in their locker goal wise either (Maybe Henderson with 5 goals is doing OK?). El Alagui coming back could help up front, and Id like to see more of Carmichael as well.

Farid is a massive boost for the team. I wish he hadn't been injured as I really think Jason would of thrived alongside him.

Carmichael I think needs more game time. Wonder if either him or Boyle will start final??

I think the last few weeks shows how much pressure is piled on JC's young shoulders.

Turkish Green
02-03-2016, 09:23 PM
If you watch Super John McGinn unfortunately he lets the boy Murdoch go instead of tracking back, and if Fontaine had come forward a bit to challenge/block the player then he would not have got the shot off.

McGinn looked like he had blown his last breath and left Murdoch to the defence to block.

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 10:04 PM
There's passages of play admittedly but those that blame Lewis have a point - he loses possession from a throw - as he is prone to do too often. He's too 'honest' at these set plays. I'd rather he pause for ages and find a man - he too often at shys rushes it, more I think down to honesty and not wanting a cheap booking. I've yet to see a ref book a player for stalling taking a throw.

He threw inside and we lost possession - I've watched other teams closely and we don't take throw in's as set pieces the way other sides do. For me it's a set piece, a chance to organise and a chance to retain possession - Hibs consistently fail to do so. The movement off the ball is crucial and our side doesn't do so effectively enough.

For me it was a poor throw, missed tackle, player standing off, and a shot that deceived Oxley - series of minor errors however not one player can be blamed.

greenpaper55
02-03-2016, 10:10 PM
Midfield not tracking back which left it a one on one situation but we should have won that with the chances we had last night.

eastterrace
02-03-2016, 10:12 PM
There's passages of play admittedly but those that blame Lewis have a point - he loses possession from a throw - as he is prone to do too often. He's too 'honest' at these set plays. I'd rather he pause for ages and find a man - he too often at shys rushes it, more I think down to honesty and not wanting a cheap booking. I've yet to see a ref book a player for stalling taking a throw. He threw inside and we lost possession - I've watched other teams closely and we don't take throw in's as set pieces the way other sides do. For me it's a set piece, a chance to organise and a chance to retain possession - Hibs consistently fail to do so. The movement off the ball is crucial and our side doesn't do so effectively enough. For me it was a poor throw, missed tackle, player standing off, and a shot that deceived Oxley - series of minor errors however not one player can be blamed. sorry goalies all day nice height middle of goal

Sammy7nil
02-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Ox is not to blame for that goal BUT keepers save those sort of shots unfortunately Ox very seldom does. We have a keeper that does not make many mistakes simply because we tend to dominate games the bad news is he is vulnerable to any shot on target.

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 10:16 PM
sorry goalies all day nice height middle of goal

For me I'd say Oxley is the least culpable.

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 10:21 PM
Ox is not to blame for that goal BUT keepers save those sort of shots unfortunately Ox very seldom does. We have a keeper that does not make many mistakes simply because we tend to dominate games the bad news is he is vulnerable to any shot on target.

I'm not a huge fan admittedly but what's his record pre last 8 days ? Pretty good - also very good against top flight sides and made some crucial stops in those games too. What annoys me is his unwillingness to come for a corner and his willingness to parry - it seems to be a European style of keeping creeping into coaching and playing.

lyonhibs
02-03-2016, 10:27 PM
I see the goalkeeping experts are out in force again.

He's too near his front post when it's hit, granted, but that's cos he's trying to see the striker and ball round Fontaine's ineffectual block.

Unless folk think his starting position should be somewhere where his view of the person striking the ball is blocked by a defender and then hope on a prayer that the shot is a) near to him and b) his reactions/balance are up to scratch to stop it.

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 10:32 PM

He's too near his front post when it's hit, granted, but that's cos he's trying to see the striker and ball round Fontaine's ineffectual block.

Unless folk think his starting position should be somewhere where his view of the person striking the ball is blocked by a defender and then hope on a prayer that the shot is a) near to him and b) his reactions/balance are up to scratch to stop it.

Even as his biggest fan, I'll apportion 'blame' at wee Lewy's door - lost possession cheaply from a shy when it was easier stalling and finding a Hibs player. Started from there.

Can't blame Oxley for the goal one bit - mind he nearly palmed one in first half so I'll sharpen my pitchfork 😀

eastterrace
02-03-2016, 10:40 PM
I see the goalkeeping experts are out in force again. He's too near his front post when it's hit, granted, but that's cos he's trying to see the striker and ball round Fontaine's ineffectual block. Unless folk think his starting position should be somewhere where his view of the person striking the ball is blocked by a defender and then hope on a prayer that the shot is a) near to him and b) his reactions/balance are up to scratch to stop it. think it was near to him , middle of the goal I would say , the boy is playing pish the now and he needs dropped

The_Horde
02-03-2016, 11:25 PM

I thought the same. But my friend has sent me pics of at least 5 goals this season where Oxley is positioned the exact same way for goals. I'll let him off last night. Still think another keeper saves it though, but Fontaine is poor.

The record of shots to Goals really is incredible.

Heisenberg
02-03-2016, 11:55 PM
Fontaine is more to blame by a long way. Should've been out to block the boy but stood still then turned his back when he hit it. Woeful stuff. We didn't win because we missed so many chances but defending like that doesn't help.

wookie70
02-03-2016, 11:55 PM
I thought the same. But my friend has sent me pics of at least 5 goals this season where Oxley is positioned the exact same way for goals. I'll let him off last night. Still think another keeper saves it though, but Fontaine is poor.

The record of shots to Goals really is incredible.

We have conceded a goal for every 2.8 shots on target in the league this season. So, near enough, if a team gets 3 shots on target against Ox he saves two and one finds the back of the Hibs net. Both The Rangers have needed more than one shot extra on target for that goal to be scored and Falkirk almost two more shots so there is some stats to back you up.

I think the Ox is partly at fault for this one but I would blame Fontaine more and McGinn partly too. Ultimately it is a well struck shot from 12 yards from slightly off centre to just off centre of the goals and at a good height for the Keeper. It may not be something to apportion blame but lots of these shots are saved by Keepers. Lots are also stopped before a save needed to be made too and I certainly think Fonts has been by far the weakest of our central 3 defenders.

Johnny_Leith
03-03-2016, 12:00 AM
Now you see where the saying that good goalkeeper save you 10-15 points a season comes from.

For me, this past week has shown Oxley as not good enough. At fault for the crucial second goals against Morton and Dumbarton, and really any keeper worthy of playing at a higher level than the Scottish championship should have saved QoS' goal on Tuesday.

Hopefully he'll rally and go on a good run of form but long term he's not the answer.

Shrekko
03-03-2016, 01:18 AM

I assume you're one of the 'goalkeeping experts' yourself then? How does he know Fontaines block is going to be ineffectual until the shots been taken? If he's assuming it will be I find that strange- he should do his job and and not create the massive wide target that he did.

Oxley's positioning is (IMO) absolutely awful if you freeze it when the balls struck. The only area of the goals he's covering is the area Fontaine is blocking for him. His positioning was the similar for Hearts first goal at Tynie (which as it happens was unstoppable anyway).

I don't think many folk are saying everything is solely his fault, but his many weaknesses are currently being exposed and he is not winning us points like a good goalie would. We should have a goalie that's far superior to most in this league-he's not.

mim
03-03-2016, 01:50 AM

That is precisely his problem - a complete lack of agility.
He should be coached to take small, quick steps - he is young enough to learn and improve.

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2016, 02:02 AM
first i've saw the highlights, John McGinn should have done a lot better with his chance, fontaine should have went out to meet the Q.o.s player at the goal...instead of being static and turning his back on the ball....oxley not to blame for that one anyway(imo)

i've mentioned a few times over the years that i would like to see McGovern of Hamilton sign for us....his contract is up end of this season :) he can play his last game for Hamilton against us in the play-off final :)

AZhibee
03-03-2016, 02:51 AM
The goal was savable but the game was winnable, lack of goals is more to blame than the keeper.

California-Hibs
03-03-2016, 06:10 AM
See having not watched the highlights, we weren't anywhere near as bad as some folk on here made out! We moved the ball about very nicely indeed. Need to start finding the net again though. Back on a proper grass pitch this weekend, along with the big nice new pitch for the final, it will suit us to a tee!

CRAZYHIBBY
03-03-2016, 07:37 AM
It was a good goal. ..is easy for us to blame oxley but its a different story when a ball is thundering towards you. ...our problem is we haven't been scoring enough goals

Winston Ingram
03-03-2016, 11:52 AM

Absolutely.

Oxley has been at fault for 2 goals in the previous couple of games and you can almost feel the glee of those who have been harbouring their anti-Ox vendetta's releasing months of pent up tension.

HappyHanlon
03-03-2016, 12:09 PM

He's been doing that a lot then this season. Watch back through highlights (a good one is on Hibs Retro fb page) and you'll see his positioning is awful.

Aldo
03-03-2016, 12:13 PM
The guys had 17 or so clean sheets this season. Take it that counts for nowt

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 03:08 PM
The guys had 17 or so clean sheets this season. Take it that counts for nowt

Yep his positioning was awful in all those games also just got lucky. :greengrin

He isnt perfect however he has many qualities and has very good distribution which helps us playing the ball out. He is still young and cant be as bad as some of the gurus are indicating given he has had clean sheets against teams like Aberdeen, Dundee United, Hearts etc this season. Give the guy a break ffs.