PDA

View Full Version : pre cup final refreshments

Dav1986
02-03-2016, 04:25 PM
There are 10 in my group going though for their cup final and wondering where is best for a couple of pre match drinks?

Is there anyone who is booked into a club that has space for 10 still?

Or should we take a chance on one of them bars around Hampden? Does anyone know what time international bar and montford (not sure if that's still there) open at?

Hannah_hfc
02-03-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm pretty sure all the local bars are open from 11am ( I know the Montford and Clockwork are!) from past experience they fill up very quickly on matchdays but if you are in the area around opening time you should be ok finding somewhere!

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

DH1875
02-03-2016, 05:44 PM
There are 10 in my group going though for their cup final and wondering where is best for a couple of pre match drinks?

Or should we take a chance on one of them bars around Hampden? Does anyone know what time international bar and montford (not sure if that's still there) open at?

If your getting the train through then maybe just have a beer in the city centre before heading for Hampden.

IanM
02-03-2016, 05:54 PM

We went to The Shed before the Celtic final and are going back again this year. They're having their Hibs party which opens at 11. A mile from the ground altho i think it's at the wrong end? So a wee bit more than a mile walk

Contacted a guy called Tony and he was sending us 10 tickets altho I've not got them yet so I'll remind myself tomorrow to check if they've been sent!

DH1875
02-03-2016, 06:14 PM
We went to The Shed before the Celtic final and are going back again this year. They're having their Hibs party which opens at 11. A mile from the ground altho i think it's at the wrong end? So a wee bit more than a mile walk

Contacted a guy called Tony and he was sending us 10 tickets altho I've not got them yet so I'll remind myself tomorrow to check if they've been sent!

Was in the shed before the Celtic game as well and had a cracking time. Didn't know it was on this time around as got tickets off here last time and haven't seen it mentioned.
Walk to the stadium was a bit of a killer after a few beers though. Think it's more than a mile as seemed to take forever.

IanM
02-03-2016, 06:27 PM
Was in the shed before the Celtic game as well and had a cracking time. Didn't know it was on this time around as got tickets off here last time and haven't seen it mentioned.
Walk to the stadium was a bit of a killer after a few beers though. Think it's more than a mile as seemed to take forever.

Yeah I don't think it's advertised but I emailed them and got another email address and they both said there was a Hibs party. Free tickets and I checked and it is a mile give or take. Unless I got the wrong address But it's uphill and like seemed ages as well haha could have been the beer

hibbymick
02-03-2016, 08:16 PM
ive found a snooker hall that opens at 10am :cb

HUTCHYHIBBY
02-03-2016, 08:16 PM
The bus stop is just outside The Shed, that will negate the need for much of a walk.

CorrieHibs
02-03-2016, 08:17 PM
ive found a snooker hall that opens at 10am :cb

Is that Reardons?

hibbymick
02-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Is that Reardons?

Aye,,,,but just phoned and it doesnt sell alcohol till 12.30 :rolleyes:

Plan B required.

cabbageandribs1875
02-03-2016, 08:27 PM
Aye,,,,but just phoned and it doesnt sell alcohol till 12.30 :rolleyes:

Plan B required.

just outside central ? they wouldn't let two of us in at the SF defeat by falkirk....but did let us in the SF season before, think we will try the horseshoe bar this time

hibbymick
02-03-2016, 08:32 PM
just outside central ? they wouldn't let two of us in at the SF defeat by falkirk....but did let us in the SF season before, think we will try the horseshoe bar this time

9am opening time at the Horseshoe. :aok:

Aldo
02-03-2016, 08:33 PM

We were in the Horseshoe and moved on after hearing the Snooker Club were letting folk in. The place wasn't overly busy and me my bro and 3 or 4 others went down.

We were told members only, 2 of the others said it was full.

The boy was an are. I would suggest horseshoe every time.

Aldo
02-03-2016, 08:34 PM

Remember it's a Sunday however iirc you buy a roll you can buy a beer etc

hibbymick
02-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Remember it's a Sunday however iirc you buy a roll you can buy a beer etc

That will do me,,,,its got to be better than a full breakfast at Wetherspoons. I see the bar opens at 9am on a sunday but no breakfasts served till 10am.

p.s I joined the snooker club free online,,,before i knew it didnt sell alcohol until 12.30. Bill Werbeniuk will be turning in his grave.

Aldo
02-03-2016, 08:45 PM
That will do me,,,,its got to be better than a full breakfast at Wetherspoons. I see the bar opens at 9am on a sunday but no breakfasts served till 10am. p.s I joined the snooker club free online,,,before i knew it didnt sell alcohol until 12.30. Bill Werbeniuk will be turning in his grave.

Give the Horseshoe a phone and confirm. Very accommodating.

Really. That's them at it big time.

hibbymick
02-03-2016, 08:47 PM
Give the Horseshoe a phone and confirm. Very accommodating.

Really. That's them at it big time.

:aok:

Aldo
02-03-2016, 08:54 PM
:aok:

It's where I would be heading if I wasn't off the beer for a month or do come this Sunday.

cabbageandribs1875
02-03-2016, 08:55 PM

midday is enough time for 5/6 pints before hopping aboard the train for mount florida :thumbsup:

We were in the Horseshoe and moved on after hearing the Snooker Club were letting folk in. The place wasn't overly busy and me my bro and 3 or 4 others went down.

We were told members only, 2 of the others said it was full.

The boy was an are. I would suggest horseshoe every time.

seemed strange at the time why we didn't get in last season, two guys on the door, not a sound coming from inside, bro in law had no colours and my scarf tucked away in a jacket pocket, just noticed on google the now there's a pub called McGinns nearby, could pile in there and sing the super john McGinn song for a couple of hours, it's an omen i'm telling yi :greengrin

* horseshoe it is

Aldo
02-03-2016, 08:56 PM
midday is enough time for 5/6 pints before hoping aboard the train for mount florida :thumbsup: seemed strange at the time why we didn't get in last season, two guys on the door, not a sound coming from inside, bro in law had no colours and my scarf tucked away in a jacket pocket, just noticed on google the now there's a pub called McGinns nearby, could pile in there and sing the super john McGinn song for a couple of hours, it's an omen i'm telling yi :greengrin * horseshoe it is It was crazy. But heay their loss. It's fair to say I won't frequent those premises again.

Ps Attempt to enter

hibbymick
02-03-2016, 08:57 PM
midday is enough time for 5/6 pints before hoping aboard the train for mount florida :thumbsup:

seemed strange at the time why we didn't get in last season, two guys on the door, not a sound coming from inside, bro in law had no colours and my scarf tucked away in a jacket pocket, just noticed on google the now there's a pub called McGinns nearby, could pile in there and sing the super john McGinn song for a couple of hours, it's an omen i'm telling yi :greengrin

* horseshoe it is

I would feel like ive missed out if I left it until Midday :greengrin

Sergey
02-03-2016, 09:02 PM
I might be able to get up to 50 into an establishment that's a 10 minute walk from Hampden. I'll be in a position to confirm opening times/parking/F&B tomorrow.

To the best of my knowledge, it opens at 09:00 and will also be open after the match.

You will have to prior book.

I should be able to confirm tomorrow.

hibbymick
02-03-2016, 09:36 PM
I might be able to get up to 50 into an establishment that's a 10 minute walk from Hampden. I'll be in a position to confirm opening times/parking/F&B tomorrow.

To the best of my knowledge, it opens at 09:00 and will also be open after the match.

You will have to prior book.

I should be able to confirm tomorrow.

That would be perfect if you pull that one of mate.
Me and 1 other in advance :greengrin

Nicho87
02-03-2016, 09:39 PM
Pubs to go if you have the bairns?

I'm_cabbaged
03-03-2016, 06:47 AM

Counting house on George square or the horseshoe upstairs I think. They're really strict about letting bairns in pubs in the weege, you have to buy food.

Nakedmanoncrack
03-03-2016, 07:52 AM

Shed at Shawlands mentioned previously on this thread is child friendly.

DH1875
03-03-2016, 08:20 AM
Shed at Shawlands mentioned previously on this thread is child friendly.

Top floor of the shed was for families last time. They had face painting and games for the kids. Think you need a ticket to get in though. Still pretty surprised they haven't announced anything on here though as sure it holds 500+ people.

Craig_in_Prague
03-03-2016, 08:29 AM
Not sure how desperate I am for a pint around 10am, but as my body clock is an hour forward, I can say that 11am is more reasonable - it's almost lunch time for most Czechs :)

Anywhere decent open near the ground early (from 10 or 11?) that doesn't need tickets or bookings? Or those going via train etc, are just mainly heading to central Glasgow?.....any decent bars near the train stations (queens or central)? I don't know Glesgae at all :(

Nakedmanoncrack
03-03-2016, 09:10 AM
Top floor of the shed was for families last time. They had face painting and games for the kids. Think you need a ticket to get in though. Still pretty surprised they haven't announced anything on here though as sure it holds 500+ people.

Yes, seems to just be word of mouth, I've been promised tickets but not got them in hand as yet.

SeanWilson
03-03-2016, 09:28 AM

Hi mate, i was also in the shed prior to celtic. Could you PM me details on who to contact?

Sergey
03-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Cup Final - Pre-Match Hospitality
Folks - I posted on the thread last night that I have availability for a venue pre and post match against Ross County. The following isn't for the die-hard who is looking to start drinking at breakfast time (although I'm not going to stop you).

The 10 Hotel http://www.10hotel.co.uk (http://www.10hotel.co.uk/) have offered us London based Hibs supporters 80 covers in their restaurant. This is invite only. For those interested, there is a champagne reception followed by a 3 course meal priced at £24.50. Because of licensing laws, no drink can be served prior to 12:30 but pints/wine/spirits etc will be put on the tables.

Folks are under no obligation to eat, so those who want to simply use the hotel for a pre-match drink are also welcome, but I'm going to need names and numbers so I can put you on the guest list as the hotel is closed to the man walking in off the street.

The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Hampden and those who attend pre-match will also be welcomed post-match for celebrations and/or commiserations.

If anyone is interested, can you kindly PM me with your name and numbers and if you plan on dining or simply using the bar. I obviously need to let the kitchen staff know numbers in advance.

I would also ask if you can treat the establishment with a bit of respect as it's not your run-of-the-mill Glasgow boozer.

Annasam
03-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Nearest mass pubs and restaurants to Hampden are either in Shawlands or Govanhill. You could try the Kings Park Hotel or google some local bowling clubs.

Frazerbob
03-03-2016, 03:28 PM
The Shed party is being run by the same guys who do the Scotland pre-match parties there. Whilst it is a ticket only event, they always have tickets available on the door and tickets are free. As has been said, children are welcome and no longer restricted to the upstairs areas. Free pies, face painting, cheap bevvy and a sing-song. What could go wrong!?!

Here's the Facebook event with full details.......

https://www.facebook.com/events/1522037311460425/

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

kaimendhibs
03-03-2016, 04:07 PM
Folks - I posted on the thread last night that I have availability for a venue pre and post match against Ross County. The following isn't for the die-hard who is looking to start drinking at breakfast time (although I'm not going to stop you).

The 10 Hotel http://www.10hotel.co.uk (http://www.10hotel.co.uk/) have offered us London based Hibs supporters 80 covers in their restaurant. This is invite only. For those interested, there is a champagne reception followed by a 3 course meal priced at £24.50. Because of licensing laws, no drink can be served prior to 12:30 but pints/wine/spirits etc will be put on the tables.

Folks are under no obligation to eat, so those who want to simply use the hotel for a pre-match drink are also welcome, but I'm going to need names and numbers so I can put you on the guest list as the hotel is closed to the man walking in off the street.

The hotel is a 10 minute walk from Hampden and those who attend pre-match will also be welcomed post-match for celebrations and/or commiserations.

If anyone is interested, can you kindly PM me with your name and numbers and if you plan on dining or simply using the bar. I obviously need to let the kitchen staff know numbers in advance.

I would also ask if you can treat the establishment with a bit of respect as it's not your run-of-the-mill Glasgow boozer.

Hi Sergey. Have tried to pm you but not sure if you have received it. Looking for bar only option for 2 please

CorrieHibs
03-03-2016, 07:49 PM

Is that definite?
My mate and I tried to get in there back in August when we we played the Huns. We were in Glasgow about 10 and they said they weren't selling alcohol until 12.

Billy Whizz
03-03-2016, 07:50 PM
Does anyone know if there's a fans zone at Hampden pre match?

Northern Hibby
03-03-2016, 08:05 PM
Phoenix in Inverness 😉

pentlando
03-03-2016, 11:59 PM
Will the shed be serving drink from 11?

itslegaltender
04-03-2016, 07:07 AM
Pandora bar used to be great for Scotland games, 15 min walk from stadium and you pass Cathkin Park as well. Anyone going there?

Nakedmanoncrack
04-03-2016, 09:25 AM
Will the shed be serving drink from 11?

Yes.

Big_Franck
04-03-2016, 09:51 AM
The Shed is open from 11 and tickets are free. According to their Facebook page they'll be offering drinks promos and free pies :greengrin

The event page is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/505480059660572/

Or you can email Tam Coyle for tickets at tcoy1000@aol.com.

hibs0666
04-03-2016, 10:10 AM
I've got a bus booked into the 100 Acre - apparently it is one of ten or so. Anyone else booked in there?

Billy Whizz
04-03-2016, 11:11 AM
I've got a bus booked into the 100 Acre - apparently it is one of ten or so. Anyone else booked in there?

I'm on one going there too. It's going to be rammed if you say 10 buses are heading there

hibs0666
04-03-2016, 11:53 AM
I'm on one going there too. It's going to be rammed if you say 10 buses are heading there

I thought that too - maybe the guy I was talking to at the booozer was rounding up.

Lancs Harp
04-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Think our plan is have a breakfast and couple of pints in Spoons by Central Station, trains to Mount Florida are about every 15/20 minutes.

Aaron
04-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Think our plan is have a breakfast and couple of pints in Spoons by Central Station, trains to Mount Florida are about every 15/20 minutes.

I don't think they serve pints before 12:30pm. I could be wrong though?

Lancs Harp
04-03-2016, 01:16 PM
I don't think they serve pints before 12:30pm. I could be wrong though?

Really?

Well never mind if they don't we'll just take the breakfast and grab a pint in one of the other numerous bars around there.

To be honest beer day is the day before for us, we're arriving in Glasgow mid afternoon on the Saturday so I doubt we'll be rising very early on Sunday :greengrin

Aaron
04-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Really?

Well never mind if they don't we'll just take the breakfast and grab a pint in one of the other numerous bars around there.

To be honest beer day is the day before for us, we're arriving in Glasgow mid afternoon on the Saturday so I doubt we'll be rising very early on Sunday :greengrin

Unfortunately most (if not all pubs) in Glasgow don't serve alcohol until 12:30pm on a Sunday :rolleyes:

If you are booked in a club / hotel or something then I think it is 11am. Can someone confirm?

Lancs Harp
04-03-2016, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately most (if not all pubs) in Glasgow don't serve alcohol until 12:30pm on a Sunday :rolleyes:

If you are booked in a club / hotel or something then I think it is 11am. Can someone confirm?

I think it changed a few years ago, abut 2012 from what I can make out nline

SteveHFC
04-03-2016, 05:18 PM

Some pubs open at 11 on a sunday

linlithgowhibbie
04-03-2016, 05:21 PM

We've been there 3 times previously and they have always set limit of 5 buses, doubt they would book 10 in.:thumbsup:

hibs0666
04-03-2016, 05:23 PM
We've been there 3 times previously and they have always set limit of 5 buses, doubt they would book 10 in.:thumbsup:

Fair enough. Are you booked in this time too?

Gmack7
04-03-2016, 06:04 PM

The pub we're going to (2buses) is open at 10.30😀

linlithgowhibbie
04-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Fair enough. Are you booked in this time too?

Yes 49 seater:gwa:

Frazerbob
04-03-2016, 10:29 PM

Alfredos, our pre-Scotland game early drinking venue of choice, serves bevvy before 12.30 on Sundays but you have to buy food. There's always loads of uneaten square sausage rolls on every table!

Lancs Harp
04-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Alfredos, our pre-Scotland game early drinking venue of choice, serves bevvy before 12.30 on Sundays but you have to buy food. There's always loads of uneaten square sausage rolls on every table!

:greengrin

Giro Playboy
04-03-2016, 11:49 PM
The Horseshoe starts serving alcohol at 11am.
The girl on the phone told me that all the nearby bars do the same.

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-03-2016, 11:59 AM

The Horseshoe sells bevvy from 11 on a Sunday, just phoned them.

Should've read the entire thread! :-)

CorrieHibs
07-03-2016, 01:48 PM
The Shed is open from 11 and tickets are free. According to their Facebook page they'll be offering drinks promos and free pies :greengrin

The event page is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/505480059660572/

Or you can email Tam Coyle for tickets at tcoy1000@aol.com.

I emailed Tam and he got back and asked for my address, which I sent. Not heard anything else. Do they post tickets out or is that me booked in?

HibernianJK
07-03-2016, 01:59 PM
Bus of 33 booked into Harleys Skybar. Anyone else going/been before?

Sergey
07-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Just to bump my own post - there are still a few places left if anyone wants to take up the offer below. I will need to know by Wednesday evening to confirm numbers with the hotel.

Thank you to all who have confirmed.

Nakedmanoncrack
07-03-2016, 10:09 PM
I emailed Tam and he got back and asked for my address, which I sent. Not heard anything else. Do they post tickets out or is that me booked in?

Give name at the door probably, that's what I've arranged with Tam - I know him from Scotland games.

CorrieHibs
07-03-2016, 10:22 PM
Give name at the door probably, that's what I've arranged with Tam - I know him from Scotland games.

Thanks very much. There is a few of us going there so I just hope the email is good enough.

Iwastherein73
07-03-2016, 10:42 PM
Horseshoe Bar open from 11 kids allowed upstairs from 12 when dining. Recommend booking in advance

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Jones28
07-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Anyone else going to the church on the hill?

iwasthere1972
08-03-2016, 07:35 PM
Without sounding like an alcoholic :greengrin we were intending to try and get into the International Bar just up from Hampden because I think it's one of the closest pubs to the stadium and it's on our walk from the coach drop off point. Just noticed that The Mountford is just a bit further down from the International Bar and it might be easier to get into and served quicker.

Any suggestions.

Cheers. :aok:

GlesgaeHibby
10-03-2016, 07:33 AM
Ended up at the Mount Florida bowling club at the Celtic Final in 2013, great wee spot and very cheap drink. We had to sneak in the back gate though, as we the venue our bus had booked into was full as the bus drivers forgot the Edinburgh Marathon was on the same day and we were ridiculously late through.

Frazerbob
10-03-2016, 08:47 AM
The Shed posted on Facebook yesterday that they are now fully booked.

Craig_in_Prague
10-03-2016, 08:48 AM

Probably stopping in for a bit.

Dav1986
10-03-2016, 11:22 AM

I got my group in there. Do you know what parking in that area is like? Guy bringing us through has a 9 seater minibus he uses for taxis and hoping to get parked up nearby...

jodjam
10-03-2016, 11:56 AM

I emailed them last week and they said we were booked in and tickets getting sent out on Sunday. Still not arrived. Anyone else waiting on tickets?

Ginger Gehagan
10-03-2016, 12:46 PM
I emailed them last week and they said we were booked in and tickets getting sent out on Sunday. Still not arrived. Anyone else waiting on tickets?

I emailed last week and the guy emailed back saying the tickets will be on the door to pick up, just going to take the email he sent me as proof.

hibs0666
10-03-2016, 01:36 PM
I got my group in there. Do you know what parking in that area is like? Guy bringing us through has a 9 seater minibus he uses for taxis and hoping to get parked up nearby...

Lots of off-street parking - it's a nice and safe residential area around there.

DH1875
10-03-2016, 07:08 PM
Anyone going to another bar in the city centre other than the Horseshoe?

jodjam
10-03-2016, 07:36 PM
I emailed last week and the guy emailed back saying the tickets will be on the door to pick up, just going to take the email he sent me as proof.

Thanks mate. Will see if I can do this as well

Aaron
12-03-2016, 07:38 PM
For those not booked somewhere where will you be going pre-match?

We're am thinking 11am Wetherspoons breakfast with pints then onto the train from Central to somewhere yet undecided.

cabbageandribs1875
12-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Horseshoe or Alston for us i think

lyonhibs
12-03-2016, 10:26 PM
Horseshoe from 11h00 tomorrow

madhibee_again
13-03-2016, 12:09 AM
Anyone heading to the Clockwork Beer Company?

DH1875
13-03-2016, 12:53 AM
Anyone heading to the Clockwork Beer Company?

Think that RC fans are booked in there.

Denverhibby
13-03-2016, 01:39 AM

Pam in a bus that is booked in there, it's coming from Corstorphin .

madhibee_again
13-03-2016, 08:53 AM
Think that RC fans are booked in there.

New plan required then!

cwilliamson85
13-03-2016, 10:48 AM
In the horseshoe at the moment waiting the 10mins for a pint. Very quiet in here with only a handful of Hibs fans having some morning rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-03-2016, 11:13 AM
Alfredo's is well populated with Hibs punters.

Northernhibee
13-03-2016, 11:23 AM
The Counting House is busy

MSK
13-03-2016, 11:38 AM
In Montfords, come on you hibbies 😃

hibee_nation
13-03-2016, 11:58 AM
In the corona pollockshaws road massive pub few hibs most next door in the shed

DH1875
13-03-2016, 12:05 PM
In the corona pollockshaws road massive pub few hibs most next door in the shed

Is it still called the corona???

itslegaltender
13-03-2016, 12:12 PM
Penny farthing on Cathcart road is buzzing now. Quite small but plenty room at moment

oconnors_strip
13-03-2016, 12:21 PM
I'm in Queen's Parks club at lesser Hampden :greengrin

hibee_nation
13-03-2016, 12:55 PM
Is it still called the corona???

Think so said that on the roof outside,further down the road now at the john maxwell Stirling

adhibs
13-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Penny farthing on Cathcart road is buzzing now. Quite small but plenty room at moment

Still got plenty space?

Lookinhg to head to somewhere near hampden after this pint

DH1875
13-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Think so said that on the roof outside,further down the road now at the john maxwell Stirling

With the other westies? Can't of a walk from there to Hampden :na na:

SkintHibby
13-03-2016, 01:07 PM
If anyone is looking for a nice pub that is not heaving can I recommend the Croft Bar and Diner only a mile from Hampden. Ive came here cause I hate 10 people deep queues for a pint. :-)

Lofarl
13-03-2016, 01:15 PM
At the horseshoe bar. Not entirely packed

Nakedmanoncrack
14-03-2016, 08:50 AM
How did it go at the Shed? I had 5 booked in there, but ended up having more than that in our group so we went elsewhere.

Frazerbob
14-03-2016, 12:11 PM
How did it go at the Shed? I had 5 booked in there, but ended up having more than that in our group so we went elsewhere.

I thought it was great. Very busy but not full and loads of kids. Plenty bar staff so got served quickly, free pies and good tunes (mostly). Was the highlight of the day for me.

Bob1875
14-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Was anyone else in the beechwood bar & grill? Won't be going back there in a hurry. Limited seats for kids, pints in a plastic cup and made worse by some power mad bouncer going round shouting 'no singing'. Couldn't believe it!

hibee_girl
14-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Was anyone else in the beechwood bar & grill? Won't be going back there in a hurry. Limited seats for kids, pints in a plastic cup and made worse by some power mad bouncer going round shouting 'no singing'. Couldn't believe it!

We were in there for a wee bit just before 2, thought it was fine tbh got served pretty quickly and while it was busy there was still room to move.

We've been there before though so knew what to expect

zlatan
14-03-2016, 12:21 PM
I thought it was great. Very busy but not full and loads of kids. Plenty bar staff so got served quickly, free pies and good tunes (mostly). Was the highlight of the day for me.

We walked in and reach by s club 7 was playing, were ready to walk straight back out then Sunshine on Leith started. Very strange playlist.

lyonhibs
14-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Once again, the best part of the day was catching up with mates, having a pint and a blether.

We found seats with a view of the telly in the Horseshoe and jokingly mentioned we should just stay in the pub.

With the benefit of hindsight though............

Pretty Boy
14-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Once again, the best part of the day was catching up with mates, having a pint and a blether.

We found seats with a view of the telly in the Horseshoe and jokingly mentioned we should just stay in the pub.

With the benefit of hindsight though............

The most frustrating part of these finals is that the football almost always ruins what is otherwise a good day.

I had a great day yesterday. Having a crack with a lof of posters on here and getting a chance to put faces to names, enjoying a few pints in the sun, watching kids enjoy themselves having a kick about and a great sing song on the bus from club to Hampden.

Then the match happened.....

lyonhibs
14-03-2016, 12:52 PM
The most frustrating part of these finals is that the football almost always ruins what is otherwise a good day.

I had a great day yesterday. Having a crack with a lof of posters on here and getting a chance to put faces to names, enjoying a few pints in the sun, watching kids enjoy themselves having a kick about and a great sing song on the bus from club to Hampden.

Then the match happened.....

Frankly, it's a shame there's a football match to get in the way of things.

Can we not just arrange an annual .net piss-up in Glasgow city centre on a random weekend in the off season when there's no looming disappointment to contend with?

Lancs Harp
14-03-2016, 05:32 PM
Had a great Saturday afternoon and evening, drank in the John Moores (spoons), Horsehoe, Drum and Monkey and the Pot Still. Sunday back in the John Moores and the Horsehoe.

Not for the first time or I doubt the last a great weekend spoiled only by a football result.

Nakedmanoncrack
14-03-2016, 05:43 PM
We walked in and reach by s club 7 was playing, were ready to walk straight back out then Sunshine on Leith started. Very strange playlist.

That's DJ Tam Coyle for you.

cabbageandribs1875
14-03-2016, 06:12 PM
At the horseshoe bar. Not entirely packed

my first time in the Horseshoe and thoroughly enjoyed it, had a couple of pints with some Ross co fans that had left at 8:30am, apparently it's the longest bar in Europe, took me 10 mins to walk round to the toilets :greengrin

bod
14-03-2016, 07:21 PM

QUOTE=Nakedmanoncrack;4619150]That's DJ Tam Coyle for you.[/QUOTE]

maybe those tunes were requested