PDA

View Full Version : Fyvie - McGeouch and the next 2 weeks..

GreenCastle
02-03-2016, 08:50 AM
We seriously miss both of these players in our team.

I think several fans took them for granted when they were playing and when they have not been playing we don't seem to dominate the midfield as much.

Our problems right now are down to a few things..

Oxley - he's getting slated on here - confidence probably affected

Hanlon - big loss - one of the best players this season - has made some crucial blocks this season.

Midfield balance - missing the two named to hold onto the ball longer and link play up / supply the strikers.

Strikers - less service and also sub standard finishing. Malonga is being missed but if he wanted to go the other bad decision was letting him leave mid season expecting Stokes to step up (which hasn't happened yet).

Squad rotation - Stubbs needs to play best 11 every week. Surely the players can't be that tired ?

Stokes and KT - need to stand up and use their experience to get us out this mess.

The targets have now changed this season - next 2 weeks are massive. We can have a massive boost by winning them both or at least one (cup final) or we can finish the 2nd half of the season struggling for form and dreading the play offs.

It's time to stick together and help the players and manager out this mess. It's not acceptable to lose 1 let alone 3 in a row to smaller clubs but we need to look forward and quickly.

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 09:01 AM
I agree regarding missing Fyvie and McGeouch. Their presence and influence in the team are two good (but not the only) reasons for our poor run of results. Stubbs appears to be happy with our general performances during this terrible run. It's up to the players on the park to get their individual and collective acts together and not to feel sorry for themselves and convince themselves that things would be better if only Fyvie and McGeouch were playing along side them. We surely have enough quality in our squad to overcome their loss and still have too much for championship standard sides like QOS, Dumbarton, and Morton.

J-C
02-03-2016, 09:38 AM
We seriously miss both of these players in our team.

I think we took several fans took for granted what they both add when playing and when not playing we don't seem to dominate the midfield as much.

Our problems right now are down to a few things..

Oxley - he's getting slated on here - confidence probably affected

Hanlon - big loss - one of the best players this season - has made some crucial blocks this season.

Midfield balance - missing the two named to hold onto the ball longer and link play up / supply the strikers.

Strikers - less service and also sub standard finishing. Malonga is being missed but if he wanted to go the other bad decision was letting him leave mid season expecting Stokes to step up (which hasn't happened yet).

Squad rotation - Stubbs needs to play best 11 every week. Surely the players can't be that tired ?

Stokes and KT - need to stand up and use their experience to get us out this mess.

The targets have now changed this season - next 2 weeks are massive. We can have a massive boost by winning them both or at least one (cup final) or we can finish the 2nd half of the season struggling for form and dreading the play offs.

It's time to stick together and help the players and manager out this mess. It's not acceptable to lose 1 let alone 3 in a row to smaller clubs but we need to look forward and quickly.

He gave them a rest against Alloa and we won 3-0, brought them all back again and we've lost 3 in a row, go figure?

mentalhibee
02-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Unless fyvie gets some game time this weekend I can't see him being in the squad for the final, hope he is back this weekend. I think Mcgeouch will be in the team for the final, both important players so I hope they are fit. We should have payed up to get Scougall on loan in the window, especially with mcgeouch having a reoccurring injury.

Smartie
02-03-2016, 10:11 AM
Get the sprinklers on I say.

A nice wee 10 day break i the run-up to the cup final, a bit more time to get these players fit.

It's what big teams do.

Eyrie
02-03-2016, 08:12 PM
Get the sprinklers on I say.

A nice wee 10 day break i the run-up to the cup final, a bit more time to get these players fit.

It's what big teams do.

Only problem with that thinking is that the "big" team then got knocked out the cup.

Smartie
02-03-2016, 08:31 PM
Only problem with that thinking is that the "big" team then got knocked out the cup.

What they had coming was worse than 7-0 and 5-1 put together.

Those pesky sprinklers spared them a hiding.

Seveno
03-03-2016, 12:51 PM
What's wrong with McGeoch now ?

Iggy Pope
03-03-2016, 12:57 PM
He gave them a rest against Alloa and we won 3-0, brought them all back again and we've lost 3 in a row, go figure?

Go Figure is such an overused cliché
I prefer Never Change A Winning Team.
Go figure.

California-Hibs
03-03-2016, 01:07 PM
What's the latest with Fyvie?

Billy Whizz
03-03-2016, 01:12 PM

No idea, Stubbs said he would be out 3/4 weeks after his injury at Morton on 2nd Feb. Think he needs to play some part in the game on Sunday, to be considered for the Final.

Smartie
03-03-2016, 01:16 PM

No longer needed as the scapegoat role is being amply filled by both Mark Oxley and Anthony Stokes at the moment.

Aldo
03-03-2016, 01:40 PM
No idea, Stubbs said he would be out 3/4 weeks after his injury at Morton on 2nd Feb. Think he needs to play some part in the game on Sunday, to be considered for the Final.

We are missing him big time IMHO (Dylan tae)

Dashing Bob S
03-03-2016, 02:32 PM
I think the bigger problem is that Stevenson and Gray no longer have the pace/stamina to get up and down the park, attacking and defending. Teams know they can go wide and give us problems.

J-C
03-03-2016, 03:45 PM
No longer needed as the scapegoat role is being amply filled by both Mark Oxley and Anthony Stokes at the moment.

That's a shame, as I think he's playing up being injured to get out of the scapegoat role. :greengrin

Winston Ingram
03-03-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm struggling to see the need for squad rotation and it seems to me that our selections/substitutions are more based on giving players a game rather than resting players.

It's not as if our midweek games are thousands of miles away in Baku or against world class teams which drain all your energy chasing them.

If anything the rotation seems to have robbed us of any rhythm we had.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Thomson has already proved his experience couldnt get us out of the last mess.

What makes you think at 2 years older he'll be any better??

Shouldnt be near the team when everyone is fit.

shamo9
03-03-2016, 04:59 PM
http://m.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-fraser-fyvie-winning-fitness-face-for-league-cup-final-1-4038816

Stubbs says here that Fyvie should be back training this weekend/Monday. He's young and only been out for a month so provided he looks sharp next week I'd start him in the cup final.

No idea about McGeouch, would be great if he could make a surprise appearance against Inverness since Fyvie and Bartley are out. I'd be more worried about him breaking down though since he seems to have a chronic problem.

Smartie
03-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Thomson has already proved his experience couldnt get us out of the last mess.

What makes you think at 2 years older he'll be any better??

Shouldnt be near the team when everyone is fit.

Has the team looked any better with Thomson not playing the last 2 games?

Bartley played a blinder the other night. We still didn't score and lost a bad goal, we still lost.

I thought at the time (following the Morton game) that the criticism of Thomson was WAY over the top.

Our brutal performances since that game suggests that he isn't anything like the problem he's being made out to be.

The ball hits off one of our strikers' ***** and goes in during the early part of a game, EVERY ONE of these games is totally different.

Good players don't turn into bad players over night. It's not happening for us right now but it can come good again.

SON OF PADDY
03-03-2016, 09:43 PM

Bartley played a blinder the other night. We still didn't score and lost a bad goal, we still lost.

I thought at the time (following the Morton game) that the criticism of Thomson was WAY over the top.

Our brutal performances since that game suggests that he isn't anything like the problem he's being made out to be.

The ball hits off one of our strikers' ***** and goes in during the early part of a game, EVERY ONE of these games is totally different.

Good players don't turn into bad players over night. It's not happening for us right now but it can come good again.

You my friend are smarter,than the average Smartie !!
Some of the @hite folk post on here is unbelievable.

Hibs, Hibs, Hibs for the Cup ! Our team's the greatest they NEVER give up.. GGTTH

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-03-2016, 06:47 AM

I'm not saying he's bad. He was just unable to use his experience last time and we got relegated.

Two years on and I'm not sure he's the leader we need.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

hibbysam
04-03-2016, 07:41 AM
I'm not saying he's bad. He was just unable to use his experience last time and we got relegated.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

He never got a chance last time to dig us out a hole as Butcher had him in the stand.. What do you think he should have done to 'get us out of a hole'?

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-03-2016, 12:59 PM
If he was as good a player as made out he'd be leading by example and being a stand out performer every game.

If he's injury prone that's going to lead to inconsistency in the team and him being unable to play every game.

Not a starter in my opinion.

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2016, 07:21 AM
😂😂😂👍

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2016, 07:25 AM

And it WILL come good again...disappointed with last 3 games u betcha but we had a similar awful run last year then went on another long unbeaten run into play offs. A win in Sunday will lift the whole place again and get everybody going...we haven't become a bad team overnight...form is temporary, class is permanent.

Borderhibbie76
05-03-2016, 07:26 AM

Possibly because The Butcher hardly played him...I thought Thommo was outstanding in the derbies...gie him a break pal

Ronniekirk
05-03-2016, 07:47 AM
The problem with Mcgeoch. now is that there is a clear pattern emerging of playing a few games then missing more than a few We know when Fyfie will resume training .we know Hanlon is out for a Month .
But Dylan gets injured and we often here nothing ,or it's a tweak and shouldn't be out long and it drags on .
Does anyone know if it's more or less the same injury reoccurring as if so its going to be pot luck if he is available for the play offs .
A key player when on form but they must have an idea by now if he needs to be considering an op to fix something so we can try and get a consistent run of games from him
Anyone know if he is back training ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Big_Franck
05-03-2016, 08:19 AM
The problem with Mcgeoch. now is that there is a clear pattern emerging of playing a few games then missing more than a few We know when Fyfie will resume training .we know Hanlon is out for a Month .
But Dylan gets injured and we often here nothing ,or it's a tweak and shouldn't be out long and it drags on .
Does anyone know if it's more or less the same injury reoccurring as if so its going to be pot luck if he is available for the play offs .
A key player when on form but they must have an idea by now if he needs to be considering an op to fix something so we can try and get a consistent run of games from him
Anyone know if he is back training ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's his groin at the moment I think. Pretty sure it was a recurring ankle injury that kept him out a lot of last season. He's one of our best players but he's just incredibly injury prone.

With the original timescale of Fyvie's injury I had hoped he'd be able to play on Sunday with Bartley being suspended so thats a bit of a blow. Thomson starting gives me the fear.

Brooster
05-03-2016, 08:25 AM
A few days in the Marbella sunshine will get the guys ready for the final.