PDA

View Full Version : Stokes (merged)

Pages : [1] 2 3

HappyHanlon
02-03-2016, 06:33 AM
End his loan spell. He's not interested.

So far he's scored two goals, one a tap in and the other a miss hit.

He's got no understanding with Jase, takes the huff when he's no allowed the freekicks and is generally treating the games like he's in an exhibition match.

Flicks and tricks that don't come off when we're getting beat. He stood at the touchline and was trying to entice the Queens player to come to him so he could showboat in the 2nd half...he mis controls it and puts it out of play :rolleyes:

Closest he'll get to Euro 2016 will be creating himself on the upcoming computer game.

Wish we never let Malonga go...

easty
02-03-2016, 06:37 AM
Is Stokes the best scapegoat we've had?

HappyHanlon
02-03-2016, 06:39 AM

Nah, third behind James Collins and Oxley!

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 06:39 AM
How did Cummings play last night? From what I'm told he was worse.

Yorkshire HFC
02-03-2016, 06:40 AM
He's proven quality - he's far too good for this League. It's Stubbs job to make sure that he proves it every game

Northernhibee
02-03-2016, 06:44 AM
He's proven quality - he's far too good for this League. It's Stubbs job to make sure that he proves it every game

Quality is nothing without application and attitude.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2016, 06:46 AM
He's proven quality - he's far too good for this League. It's Stubbs job to make sure that he proves it every gameHe isn't good enough so far.

Brightside
02-03-2016, 06:49 AM

How long has it been since he was actually quality though? He SHOULD be far too good for this league but we've seen nothing to suggest that as yet. We are creating plenty chances at the moment but ALL our strikers are off form. QoS has one strike on target and scored. Dumbarton - 4 on target - 3 scored.

Northernhibee
02-03-2016, 06:51 AM
The new Deek.

hibsbollah
02-03-2016, 06:52 AM
Got into good positions, nothing came off but plenty bits of quality. Too early to throw in the Richie.

SeanWilson
02-03-2016, 06:56 AM
Got into good positions, nothing came off but plenty bits of quality. Too early to throw in the Richie.

Yup, he clearly shows how good he is with positional sense, movement and some passes. It's just not clicking right now, don't think we can say anyone is clicking just now!

Winston Ingram
02-03-2016, 06:59 AM

Cummings was *****. Again

thebausburst
02-03-2016, 07:01 AM
For all the fans slagging off Stokes I say this, let's see what you are saying after the 2 cup games. Stokes is a proven big game player and domestically games don't come much bigger than a SC quarter and LC final. Let's be honest the league was won a few weeks back and is gone now, who would you rather have playing up front going into these games and the play-offs, Dagnall, Keatings - I think not! Keep the faith. :flag:

Borderhibbie76
02-03-2016, 07:01 AM
Have to say it's not working imo...I was at Dumfries last night and my mate and I both noticed just how lazy he is off the ball...literally zero work rate and shirks every challenge. Yes he has quality but no heart or desire - I'd send him packing tbh. Tell u another thing too Cummings and his brutal 1st touches - he is nowhere near ready to play at a higher level. Not just these two last night but many of our players I feel are guilty of believing they are better than they actually are...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Winston Ingram
02-03-2016, 07:02 AM

He is proven quality but it's not just about ability. Without attitude and application ability is nothing.

Stubbs is partly responsible for it but as 28 year old professional, he shouldn't need to be cajoled.

HappyHanlon
02-03-2016, 07:03 AM

Both as bad as each other. Only one offering any proper attack was Boyle.

A half fit Stokes should be tearing some of these teams up but he's been awful.

If he's lacking match fitness then he should have been playing devlopement games as soon as he signed. We had sufficient firepower to cover that spell.

CRAZYHIBBY
02-03-2016, 07:03 AM
Can't blame stokes ....dagnalls another james collins and cummings is rank just now

FromTheCapital
02-03-2016, 07:06 AM
He was the best out of a poor forward three last night.
Attitude was good, always looking to get on the ball and hold it up.
Easy scapegoat for Hibs fans who continuously defend folk like Chris Dagnall who is absolutely murder and Jason Cummings who has gone right off the boil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcfly
02-03-2016, 07:07 AM
He's not producing the goals we need on the pitch but what's he been like in the dressing room??

Good influence or bad attitude?

Anyway know

FromTheCapital
02-03-2016, 07:07 AM

Far worse.
Stokes' attitude and commitment was good last night... Just didn't come off for him.

The_Horde
02-03-2016, 07:09 AM
Rumours on hibs paige he's fallen out with Dave Gray now too.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 07:17 AM
Far worse.
Stokes' attitude and commitment was good last night... Just didn't come off for him.

Exactly what I was told. Cummings was the one who looked to have to poor attitude and looked disinterested not Stokes. Yet we have threads kicking into Stokes poor attitude it's crazy!

For the record I like Jason he's been superb this season but he isn't immune to taking some of the blame. All our strikers need to have a serious look at themselves and start sticking the ball in the back of the net.

Onceinawhile
02-03-2016, 07:18 AM
Find it surprising it's his work rate being called into account. The most recent games I've been at, he's worked his arse off.

So if it's stopped it suggests something is up in general, which might explain the poor form from the entire squad.

Northernhibee
02-03-2016, 07:20 AM
Rumours on hibs paige he's fallen out with Dave Gray now too.

Get him punted.

FromTheCapital
02-03-2016, 07:22 AM
Exactly what I was told. Cummings was the one who looked to have to poor attitude and looked disinterested not Stokes. Yet we have threads kicking into Stokes poor attitude it's crazy!

For the record I like Jason he's been superb this season but he isn't immune to taking some of the blame. All our strikers need to have a serious look at themselves and start sticking the ball in the back of the net.

Spot on :aok:

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 07:27 AM
Get him punted.

Why because someone has started a rumour on a FB or social media page?

Stokesy's on fire
02-03-2016, 07:33 AM

That Hibs Paige is embarrassing. Best thing for that page to do is erase itself

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 07:50 AM
Only Alan Stubbs knows Stokes situation regarding his attitude and fitness in training and otherwise.
Nobody is scoring at the moment and I include all our team. Nobody is chipping in when our forwards are failing.
What seemed to be a well-oiled machine has all but broken down and is stuttering along at half speed.
The old cliches about sticking together and working at things during training and then applying this during games until the results turn in our favour again is what we have to accept.
Scapegoats are always too easy to line up and shoot down.
Stokes is quality and I for one still feel that we will see the best of him between now and the seasons conclusion.

PercyHibs
02-03-2016, 07:52 AM

I dont think any of them should be blamed. FWIW i thought stokes was good in the second half last night. He was really trying to make thins happen. Cummings has lost form and a bit of confidence. After the amount of games hes played and the attention he gets can you blame him for that?

The dissappointing thing is our other strikers are short in confidence too. Keatings is off the boil and dagnall doesnt good as good as when he first arrived. Hopefully Farid can stay fit as it looks like we're gonna need him

J-C
02-03-2016, 07:53 AM
I wasn't keen on him coming back due to his known attitude problems but I thought if he was to bang the goals in I would overlook any of that. Unfortunately for me he's running around yes but looks less than likely to score than any of the other strikers.

We have a shocking conversion rate, it was exactly the same last season, our goals to chances ratio is terrible, 10 shots to score 1 goal, well it feels that way.

staunchhibby
02-03-2016, 07:58 AM
Wrong time for our strikers to hit a barren spell.We nedd to hope they recover form over the next two weeks.

LancashireHibby
02-03-2016, 08:00 AM
We were sat on the third row quite close to the halfway so Stokes was right in front of us for the second half. I was actually pretty impressed with his work rate; he certainly pressed their right back a lot more often than I expected and he was one of the few players always keen to receive the ball in to his feet and look to bring others in to play. On another night he could have scored one or two and assisted another couple.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 08:35 AM
I dont think any of them should be blamed. FWIW i thought stokes was good in the second half last night. He was really trying to make thins happen. Cummings has lost form and a bit of confidence. After the amount of games hes played and the attention he gets can you blame him for that?

The dissappointing thing is our other strikers are short in confidence too. Keatings is off the boil and dagnall doesnt good as good as when he first arrived. Hopefully Farid can stay fit as it looks like we're gonna need him

It may well be Cummings has burnt out, but whatever it is it's not the best time for us to lose form. Keatings looks a shadow of the player he was and Dagnall I've not seen enough to judge but he must start scoring.

Hopefully it's all clicks again for us starting this week and we can start to look forward to the games again.

Greenworld
02-03-2016, 08:42 AM
We seem to have imploded since his arrival. Is it coincidence?
Something has happened you don't go into freefall for no reason.
Is he training well is he training every day?
Is their unrest in the camp if any of the above is true then get him to **** right now...we still have to much to win to have this pish.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
02-03-2016, 08:43 AM
We must be the most reactionary fans in the world, the guy hasnt played for months and has recently been sick, you need to have no knowledge of football to not see he has quality. He will get better with games and think he will come good in the next 2 Sundays.

Mikey09
02-03-2016, 08:46 AM

:faf::faf::faf::faf:

Cracks me up!! Some erse starts a rumour and folk want him punted! It'll appear in The Daily Record when Keith Jackson sees it!!

flash
02-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Is their unrest in the camp if any of the above is true then get him to **** right now...we still have to much to win to have this pish.

Or alternatively are you talking utter pish.

J-C
02-03-2016, 08:48 AM
We must be the most reactionary fans in the world, the guy hasnt played for months and has recently been sick, you need to have no knowledge of football to not see he has quality. He will get better with games and think he will come good in the next 2 Sundays.

This for me is the most important aspect of Stokes coming here, we let a fit Malonga go because he was a wee bit homesick ( still don't understand why he couldn't stay till the end of the season ) and are now waiting on Stokes getting up to match fitness, surely it was important to get someone in that was up to speed, fit and raring to go.

Mikey09
02-03-2016, 08:48 AM
We were sat on the third row quite close to the halfway so Stokes was right in front of us for the second half. I was actually pretty impressed with his work rate; he certainly pressed their right back a lot more often than I expected and he was one of the few players always keen to receive the ball in to his feet and look to bring others in to play. On another night he could have scored one or two and assisted another couple.

Aye but Dinnae let those facts get in the way of a good rumour or Stokes isn't trying brigade...

easty
02-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Aye but Dinnae let those facts get in the way of a good rumour or Stokes isn't trying brigade...

:agree:

Spike Mandela
02-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Yogi Hughes was our main competition for Stokes' signature in the window.

I for one am glad that he will be in our team on Sunday and not lining up against us.

PercyHibs
02-03-2016, 08:54 AM
It may well be Cummings has burnt out, but whatever it is it's not the best time for us to lose form. Keatings looks a shadow of the player he was and Dagnall I've not seen enough to judge but he must start scoring.

Hopefully it's all clicks again for us starting this week and we can start to look forward to the games again.

Crazy hows it changed over the space of a couple of weeks. I think stokes will turn out to be a good player for us. Hopefully he gets the support of the fans. I think if Dagnall can get himself a goal he would go on to get a few more.

JimBHibees
02-03-2016, 08:57 AM
This for me is the most important aspect of Stokes coming here, we let a fit Malonga go because he was a wee bit homesick ( still don't understand why he couldn't stay till the end of the season ) and are now waiting on Stokes getting up to match fitness, surely it was important to get someone in that was up to speed, fit and raring to go.

Maybe so however he has also been sick as well so that needs to be taken into account. Malonga wanted to go simple as.

JimBHibees
02-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Yogi Hughes was our main competition for Stokes' signature in the window.

I for one am glad that he will be in our team on Sunday and not lining up against us.

Couldnt agree more.

B.H.F.C
02-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Even though he's been poor so far, I still think he will start scoring pretty regularly soon.

Remember when he was with us last time he didn't score for his first 5 or 6 games but once he got going properly he scored more often than not.

Problem is the expectation he came in with. He should be doing better than he is, now that he has a few games under his belt, but he had hardly kicked a ball all season prior to that. I think everybody, myself included, thought he'd just need to turn up and score as many as he wanted.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 09:06 AM
I'm assuming Oxley was ok last night then?

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 09:08 AM

If there's been a point where we "imploded" it ties in closer to Fyvie's injury than it does Stokes' arrival.

The_Horde
02-03-2016, 09:09 AM

Looked ropey. Kicking long no use to anyone and for a team to score with their only chance in the whole match is worrying. In fact, Oxley's shots to Goals conceded ratio must be horrid.

easty
02-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Looked ropey. Kicking long no use to anyone and for a team to score with their only chance in the whole match is worrying. In fact, Oxley's shots to Goals conceded ratio must be horrid.

It's only worrying if he ****ed up, if he didn't then it's not an Oxley problem.

Coco Bryce
02-03-2016, 09:18 AM
I don't think Oxley could be blamed for the goal last night, according to the radio the laddie hit it sweetly into the net, no mention of Oxley being at fault, more like it was an excellent finish.

As for Stokes, I really thought he would stick out in this league, unfortunately he's hasn't and we don't really have the time to wait for him to come good...:confused::rolleyes:

Yorkshire HFC
02-03-2016, 09:21 AM
He is proven quality but it's not just about ability. Without attitude and application ability is nothing.

Stubbs is partly responsible for it but as 28 year old professional, he shouldn't need to be cajoled.

Agree - Stokes has to work at it - but Stubbs must have got him with a plan in mind - whatever it was, it doesn't seem to be working - hope it all comes right at Hampden!

Jones28
02-03-2016, 09:25 AM

So it's still oxleys fault even if it was an absolute peach just because it was their only shot on goal?

rotherhamrob
02-03-2016, 09:42 AM
For all the fans slagging off Stokes I say this, let's see what you are saying after the 2 cup games. Stokes is a proven big game player and domestically games don't come much bigger than a SC quarter and LC final. Let's be honest the league was won a few weeks back and is gone now, who would you rather have playing up front going into these games and the play-offs, Dagnall, Keatings - I think not! Keep the faith. :flag:

I seriously hope he does turn it on in the next 2 games, however, I'm sure he wasn't signed just to perform in the so called big games, surely he was signed to help us win the league.
IMHO, as I mentioned on another thread, I think the January transfer window (with hindsight ) was the worst since stubbsy arrived.

lapsedhibee
02-03-2016, 09:46 AM
:greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 09:52 AM

If folk keep saying it it'll be fact.

It'd be great if someone could produce these facts that keep getting referred to.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2016, 09:53 AM
I seriously hope he does turn it on in the next 2 games, however, I'm sure he wasn't signed just to perform in the so called big games, surely he was signed to help us win the league.
IMHO, as I mentioned on another thread, I think the January transfer window (with hindsight ) was the worst since stubbsy arrived.How much did we actually expect though? On paper our squad was good enough to get promoted before January.

*As in our was good enough to get promoted before January signings, not as in we should have won the league before January.

Greencore
02-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Waiting for the line "billy big baws" to appear any minute now and "not hibs class" 😂

humptiedumptie
02-03-2016, 10:03 AM
In hindsight, retain Anier on loan, forget acquiring Dagnal and Stokes? to have or have not!!

Just Jimmy
02-03-2016, 10:12 AM
Not one hibs fan, given the choice wouldn't have swapped Henri Anier for Chris Dagnal's record and Anthony Stokes.

Anyone who says different is a fool and a liar.

Hindsight is 20/20 and a different issue.

Albanian Hibs
02-03-2016, 10:13 AM

Didnt know Cummings was playing until he got subbed

Mikey09
02-03-2016, 10:13 AM
In hindsight, retain Anier on loan, forget acquiring Dagnal and Stokes? to have or have not!!

Anier's loan was up and Mixu, understandably, wanted him as an option at United.
Malonga wanted away.
thats 2 strikers down straight away.
As for hindsight, if a manager had the ability to go back and change things he'd be the greatest manager in the world... Or in the X-Men!!

Waxy
02-03-2016, 11:18 AM
We've been unlucky to lose three in a row according to the match stats. It happens to teams, not just us. Time to put it behind us now, Stokes will be a huge player for us Sunday.

Edson Arantes
02-03-2016, 11:51 AM

Dunno about the best but he's the most obvious.

He cannae spell effort at the moment.

Sejaca
02-03-2016, 11:56 AM
Nah, third behind James Collins and Oxley!

James Collins lmao

Super_JMcGinn
02-03-2016, 11:58 AM
Dunno about the best but he's the most obvious.

He cannae spell effort at the moment.
Do you think Stokes would have scored with those 2 headers Jason had against Morton? Had the chances that have fallen to Jason this past 3 games fallen to Stokes I reckon he would have scored 4 or 5 easily. Stokes is proven quality and as others have said he will be vital in the run in, not least the next 2 games.

Betty Boop
02-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Billy Big Baws ! :greengrin

Edson Arantes
02-03-2016, 12:06 PM
Do you think Stokes would have scored with those 2 headers Jason had against Morton? Had the chances that have fallen to Jason this past 3 games fallen to Stokes I reckon he would have scored 4 or 5 easily. Stokes is proven quality and as others have said he will be vital in the run in, not least the next 2 games.

How is he going to become 'vital' in the cup games and the run-in? :confused:

I don't think he could care less.

In fairness to you however, he probably would have netted at least one of the headers.

Edson Arantes
02-03-2016, 12:08 PM
Billy Big Baws ! :greengrin

Better not say that name anywhere near Stokes! :greengrin

Betty Boop
02-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Better not say that name anywhere near Stokes! :greengrin

Woops! :greengrin

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 12:12 PM

In fairness to you however, he probably would have netted at least one of the headers.

Why don't you think he cares?

FromTheCapital
02-03-2016, 12:12 PM

Don't talk a load of *****.

How have we imploded since his arrival?

One shocking week and he's the one to blame? Load of pish!

He was one of our better players last night!

One Day Soon
02-03-2016, 12:13 PM
What's really missing on this thread is a quality GIF with a roost of headless chickens. Then maybe a petition on Stokes followed by an Oxley lynch mob. How long can it be before its all Petrie's fault again?

Still if there's an upside at least Lewis isn't getting it in the neck for a change.

Pete
02-03-2016, 12:14 PM

:hmmm:

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 12:17 PM
What's really missing on this thread is a quality GIF with a roost of headless chickens. Then maybe a petition on Stokes followed by an Oxley lynch mob. How long can it be before its all Petrie's fault again?

Still if there's an upside at least Lewis isn't getting it in the neck for a change.

Damn that Lewis Stevenson and Petrie 😉

Borderhibbie76
02-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Damn that Lewis Stevenson and Petrie 😉
To be fair I'm a great fan of Lewis but his crossing and grays were atrocious last night. ..another major issue in the current loss of form

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Onion
02-03-2016, 12:18 PM
Quality is nothing without application and attitude.

:agree: Stubbs has got to start making some tough decisions for the good of club and team and his own future. We don't have the luxury of hoping players come good or work through their poor form. We need the right mix to win games now and that's not happening. Stokes has turned out to be a major disappointment - has the quality to stand out and breeze this league, but no better than a bit-part player. His chance to step up was a few weeks back.

Greenworld
02-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Don't talk a load of *****.

How have we imploded since his arrival?

One shocking week and he's the one to blame? Load of pish!

He was one of our better players last night!

I did put the appropriate question marks

9 points in a week...
league challenge over.
Falkirk keep on winning right up our arse
Don't give me your pish so what's happened and don't give me we were unlucky crap..you make your own luck.

FromTheCapital
02-03-2016, 12:23 PM
I did put the appropriate question marks

9 points in a week...
league challenge over.
Falkirk keep on winning right up our arse
Don't give me your pish so what's happened and don't give me we were unlucky crap..you make your own luck.

Team performances haven't been good enough!
But for you to post that about Stokes is criminal. Sheer stupidity.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Guys apparently Stokes had a bottle of vodka down his socks along with his phone and he after he drank the vodka he then placed a bet on QOS to win.

This is honestly true because someone posted it on Twitter and FB. Plus he doesn't care about Hibs, honest it's totally true likes.

Edson Arantes
02-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Why don't you think he cares?

I think he reckons he is bigger/too big/better than Hibs and wants back to Celtic.

Be honest, what real effort have you seen from him?

Flix and trix are all very well but he needs to give more.

Steve20
02-03-2016, 12:35 PM
Why is Stokes getting all the blame? Cummings has been awful the last few games as well, or does he get away with it because he's not Stokes?

stantonhibby
02-03-2016, 12:45 PM
I think he reckons he is bigger/too big/better than Hibs and wants back to Celtic.

I saw him busting a gut against Hearts after Cummings red card....didn't you?

KeithTheHibby
02-03-2016, 12:53 PM
Maybe so however he has also been sick as well so that needs to be taken into account. Malonga wanted to go simple as.

He was under contract and we were approaching a very important time of the season so he shouldn't have went anywhere. We now have 4 strikers in Stokes, Cummings, Dagnall and Keatings who couldn't score in a brothel and are all very similar. Farid and Boyle are alternatives however neither of them are ideal.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 12:56 PM

The boy has tried big time from what I've seen. The Morton game he looked shattered but I'm putting this down to not being 100% match fit. He never started a game for Celtic since Aug or something.

Cummings is the one who seems to really have chucked it if this is what we are going by. For me both care both need to just start finishing the chances and get confidence back again. Stokes will come good!

Greenworld
02-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Team performances haven't been good enough!
But for you to post that about Stokes is criminal. Sheer stupidity.

You know that for a fact do you..that all is good in the camp?

Hermit Crab
02-03-2016, 12:58 PM

He was howling.

easty
02-03-2016, 01:04 PM
Guys apparently Stokes had a bottle of vodka down his socks along with his phone and he after he drank the vodka he then placed a bet on QOS to win.

It is true. I was told by a good source (a guy on the 26 bus) that he borrowed the money for the bet from Oli Shaw, and now Oli Shaw has been grounded by his mum, and isn't allowed to play for a few weeks.

Stokes is tearing this club apart.

easty
02-03-2016, 01:07 PM
You know that for a fact do you..that all is good in the camp?

Do you know that's it's not all good in the camp? The default position should be that there's not a problem, unless we know of a problem, you don't automatically assume that there is a problem because we don't have photographic evidence of squad harmony (photos of them happily playing heads down thumbs up, or something).

easty
02-03-2016, 01:08 PM

You're at it. You're no related to a certain Elvis impersonator, are you?

Hermit Crab
02-03-2016, 01:10 PM

Not at fault for the goal but nearly threw one in after dropping it at his feet in the second half. A needless corner was given away in added time but I couldn't see if it was him or a defender that asked up. Kicking was poor. High balls to small front men doesn't work.

monktonharp
02-03-2016, 01:15 PM
Do you think Stokes would have scored with those 2 headers Jason had against Morton? Had the chances that have fallen to Jason this past 3 games fallen to Stokes I reckon he would have scored 4 or 5 easily. Stokes is proven quality and as others have said he will be vital in the run in, not least the next 2 games.I' ve thought the same. If he'd been the positions Cummings was on and fluffed the chances, Stokes would have scored a few. JC has lost a bit of confidence, may be best to bring him on a bit later on Sunday depending how we are doing

Edson Arantes
02-03-2016, 01:18 PM
You're at it. You're no related to a certain Elvis impersonator, are you?

You've lost me.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Not at fault for the goal but nearly threw one in after dropping it at his feet in the second half. A needless corner was given away in added time but I couldn't see if it was him or a defender that asked up. Kicking was poor. High balls to small front men doesn't work.Should tell Stubbs that as I imagine Oxley is doing what he is told in this regard.

The_Horde
02-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Not at fault for the goal but nearly threw one in after dropping it at his feet in the second half. A needless corner was given away in added time but I couldn't see if it was him or a defender that asked up. Kicking was poor. High balls to small front men doesn't work.

I paused the highlights. When the boy strikers it, I think he's too far to one side. I'll give him the benefit of doubt and blame Fontaine for a poor clearance and then turning his back on the shot, partially blocking Oxley's view.

What I will say is I think another keeper may have saved it. But shot stopping isn't Oxley's game.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 01:36 PM
He was under contract and we were approaching a very important time of the season so he shouldn't have went anywhere. We now have 4 strikers in Stokes, Cummings, Dagnall and Keatings who couldn't score in a brothel and are all very similar. Farid and Boyle are alternatives however neither of them are ideal.

Malonga had scored 3 or 4 league goals all season. Stokes already has 2...

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Malonga had scored 3 or 4 league goals all season. Stokes already has 2...Wait people are still daft enough to judge strikers purely on their goals?

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 01:40 PM
Wait people are still daft enough to judge strikers purely on their goals?

The first 5 words of your sentence would be enough. :greengrin

oneone73
02-03-2016, 01:40 PM
I' ve thought the same. If he'd been the positions Cummings was on and fluffed the chances, Stokes would have scored a few. JC has lost a bit of confidence, may be best to bring him on a bit later on Sunday depending how we are doing

Cummings is suspended, Wullie

Greenworld
02-03-2016, 01:46 PM
Do you know that's it's not all good in the camp? The default position should be that there's not a problem, unless we know of a problem, you don't automatically assume that there is a problem because we don't have photographic evidence of squad harmony (photos of them happily playing heads down thumbs up, or something).
Well let's just say I'm hinting towards something not being right.

easty
02-03-2016, 02:02 PM
Well let's just say I'm hinting towards something not being right.

Why hint at it, if you know something is a problem then just say what it is. I'm not a bloody enigma machine.

So, what's the problem? Or is this one of those "oooh I cannae say, my source wouldn't want me to" sort of things that people on forums seem to love all so much.

Mikey09
02-03-2016, 02:30 PM
Why hint at it, if you know something is a problem then just say what it is. I'm not a bloody enigma machine.

So, what's the problem? Or is this one of those "oooh I cannae say, my source wouldn't want me to" sort of things that people on forums seem to love all so much.

Naw. It's just a guess. Well wide of the mark I should add.

paddy1875
02-03-2016, 02:31 PM

flash
02-03-2016, 02:31 PM
Malonga had scored 3 or 4 league goals all season. Stokes already has 2...

Let's face it if Stokes had hit the ground running nobody would give Malonga a minutes thought.
Except Andy74 of course.

paddy1875
02-03-2016, 02:34 PM
I heard that stokes was sent here by Celtic an undercover mission to disrupt our form and so Rangers could win the league and the two ugly sister would be reunited in the top league next year.

Once the title is mathematically impossible for hibs to win he'll start banging them in again.

Plus he's allowed to play 100% in cup games so we'll be fine on Sunday,

Christ almighty

chrisski33
02-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Aye its all stokes fault! Think its not him to blame tbh.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2016, 03:07 PM
Let's face it if Stokes had hit the ground running nobody would give Malonga a minutes thought.
Except Andy74 of course.If Stokes has been better that doesn't mean Dom was rubbish, his quality was there for all to see.

hibsbollah
02-03-2016, 03:22 PM
What a **** thread. I honestly despair.

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2016, 03:29 PM

Agreed.

ancient hibee
02-03-2016, 03:34 PM

If I could be bothered it would be interesting to compare some of the posts on this thread with some earlier posts from people creaming themselves at the thought of Stokes arriving

Andy74
02-03-2016, 04:33 PM
Except Andy74 of course.

Not really. A number of people mentioned at the time that it was great Stokes had signed but losing Malonga right after it had taken the shine off it.

The fact Stokes and all the other strikers aren't doing very well just makes it worse but it also looked a poor decision at the time.

Wellbankhibby
02-03-2016, 04:50 PM

So far he's scored two goals, one a tap in and the other a miss hit.

He's got no understanding with Jase, takes the huff when he's no allowed the freekicks and is generally treating the games like he's in an exhibition match.

Flicks and tricks that don't come off when we're getting beat. He stood at the touchline and was trying to entice the Queens player to come to him so he could showboat in the 2nd half...he mis controls it and puts it out of play :rolleyes:

Closest he'll get to Euro 2016 will be creating himself on the upcoming computer game.

Wish we never let Malonga go...
You are entitled to your opinion but that is rubbish. Stokes is miles ahead of what we have and will score goals for us. I agree he has not been great but he needs games. As I said in another post confidence is a big thing, when we are back scoring he will be in amongst the goals, Cummings, Dagnell and Keatings are also short of confidence at this moment but when it comes they will all be amongst the goals. Stokes is a proven goal scorer and will get goals for us especially in the play off games and hopefully the cup ties coming up.

hibsbollah
02-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Not really. A number of people mentioned at the time that it was great Stokes had signed but losing Malonga right after it had taken the shine off it.

The fact Stokes and all the other sttrikers aren't doing very well just makes it worse but it also looked a poor decision at the time.

Just scanning the Hibs website for stats, it looks like Stokes has played 5 full games and 2 sub appearances and scored 2 goals, against St Mirren on his debut and the following week too. Two of those 5 games were the home and away ties against the yams, where he was widely praised for his work rate and alround play despite not scoring. Yesterday, the consensus seems to be that he played ok and worked hard but, self evidently, didn't score.

I just don't see, therefore, why 2 goals in 5 starts and 2 sub appearances can be classed as disappointing. He's only just in the door. And yes, I was one of Malongas biggest fans and was gutted he left. But that's a separate issue.

The Harp Awakes
02-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Just scanning the Hibs website for stats, it looks like Stokes has played 5 full games and 2 sub appearances and scored 2 goals, against St Mirren on his debut and the following week too. Two of those 5 games were the home and away ties against the yams, where he was widely praised for his work rate and alround play despite not scoring. Yesterday, the consensus seems to be that he played ok and worked hard but, self evidently, didn't score.

I just don't see, therefore, why 2 goals in 5 starts and 2 sub appearances can be classed as disappointing. He's only just in the door. And yes, I was one of Malongas biggest fans and was gutted he left. But that's a separate issue.

:top marks

Puts a lid on it for me. Well summarised. Time to move on and find another scapegoat (for those that need one).

shetlandhibee
02-03-2016, 05:26 PM

wills
02-03-2016, 05:51 PM
One man doesn't make a team, so how can we point the finger at one man for our failings. My view is that the Stokes Cummings partnership doesn't work, they don't seem to play off each other.
I would go with Stokes and Farid up front AS will benefit from Farids knock downs and hold up play, something we have lacked since Malonga left

FranckSuzy
02-03-2016, 05:57 PM
If I could be bothered it would be interesting to compare some of the posts on this thread with some earlier posts from people creaming themselves at the thought of Stokes arriving

You'd have a hard job as most of them only registered in the last week or so....

FranckSuzy
02-03-2016, 05:58 PM
:hmmm:

FranckSuzy
02-03-2016, 05:59 PM
The new Deek.

That's the second time you've posted that lately.....:confused:

Andy74
02-03-2016, 06:01 PM

I think like most people I was naively expecting nearer a goal a game from a striker like Stokes at this level.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 06:04 PM
I think like most people I was naively expecting nearer a goal a game from a striker like Stokes at this level.

:agree: same here. I thought he could get 20 before the end of the season. Doesn't look likely.

Smartie
02-03-2016, 06:58 PM
Stokes appears to be a shoo-in for Malonga in one respect - that he's an easy target for accusations of laziness from idiots who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

It hasn't quite happened for Stokes yet - that's not in doubt. But the whole TEAM, every department of the team is playing well short of the level it was playing at earlier this season and this is not all down to Stokes.

At times he's knocked his pan in - see the derbies. At times he's done this even when things haven't really been going his way - see the derbies.

Stokes came here and we knew that he wasn't going to be match-fit, it would take him a while to get up to speed although bizarrely enough I think his sub appearance in his first game was the most promising performance he's put in, his second was decent enough. He's not really kicked on since, unfortunately. He's also not played on the same side as Fraser Fyvie since, unfortunately……..

Stubbs has a problem with strikers and I think this is his achilles heel as a manager. I think he's content with watery possession football, passing from side to side 30 yards out. I think at times he hides behind stats, kidding himself that we've dominated games when in fact the opposition have been quite comfortable allowing us possession and allowing us a few half-chances. Stubbs sometimes seems complacent, he's nice but I think he tolerates too much. I don't think he does well enough at creating attacking "units" that create the type of chance a striker will score i.e. threaded pass to mobile striker, cross to target man, hoofball to big man with little man spinning off.

Cummings and Keatings are both finishers - they don't offer much more but are both very good at what they do. They don't hold it up well enough, they don't win enough headers, they don't bully defenders, they don't show enough mercurial flashes of skill but they are both decent enough at taking a chance when it comes along.

Apart from now, when they aren't taking chances which means they're doing nothing and there's no point in them being there. Dagnall's not taking his chances but he's providing decent all-round play which means he's still contributing. What we needed in January - especially with Malonga leaving - was 100% NOT a better finisher. It was something different, another Malonga, or a big target man, or a tricky mercurial talent who can carve out a chance.

Instead we got Stokes - a magnificent finisher, better than Cummings and Keatings (even if there is little evidence of this so far). Personally I'd have taken a mediocre target man over a magnificent finisher - more likely to get more out of Cummings and Keatings by playing one of them with this than trying to pair either or both of them with Stokes. Farid could be the key to all of this - he offers that something different that might bring the best out of Stokes, Cummings or Keatings. But it's frankly ridiculous that we find ourselves looking to be so reliant on someone with his injury record. Dagnall may yet prove to be the key. Or one of the finishers with Boyle and Carmichael wide.

Stokes should not be getting a hard time. He's doing his best. Stubbs needs to work out - FAST - what he wants to do with him though because so far he just hasn't fitted into the way we play.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 08:22 PM

I must admit I was the same. I think his match sharpness needs worked on and it's clear he needs more games. Suppose when you've had little game time it can take a while.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2016, 08:26 PM
:agree: same here. I thought he could get 20 before the end of the season. Doesn't look likely.

Me too. I actually posted that I thought he could aim for 20 goals.

It's definitely not looking like it at the moment.

eastmainsmsh
02-03-2016, 08:27 PM
I felt stokes would be banging them in sadly he has been out of the picture at Celtic and it's showing

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 08:33 PM
I felt stokes would be banging them in sadly he has been out of the picture at Celtic and it's showing

Stokes will shine when it matters. Big game player.

mutley
02-03-2016, 08:39 PM

Like others I thought he'd be banging them in too.

As for when it matters- EVERY game mattered, that's 9 points we've just thrown away (11 if you count the livi draw)

I just hope the team can gel and get back on form

matty_f
02-03-2016, 08:41 PM
To be fair to him, he got a cracking win against Newcastle tonight.

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 08:44 PM
Like others I thought he'd be banging them in too.

As for when it matters- EVERY game mattered, that's 9 points we've just thrown away (11 if you count the livi draw)

I just hope the team can gel and get back on form

I'm not suggesting games of football don't matter, I'm saying I'd rather have Anthony Stokes in my starting 11 in a cup final or play off games - play offs are where we are and we have a chance of 2 finals - I think Stokes will somehow be a 'legend' in his short stint with us. For some reason I think he'll be pivotal.

silverhibee
02-03-2016, 08:48 PM

FFS, is he out killing Pandas Lions and bears on his day off as well.

WWF :thumbsup:

Smartie
02-03-2016, 08:54 PM
I'm not suggesting games of football don't matter, I'm saying I'd rather have Anthony Stokes in my starting 11 in a cup final or play off games - play offs are where we are and we have a chance of 2 finals - I think Stokes will somehow be a 'legend' in his short stint with us. For some reason I think he'll be pivotal.

I agree.

That's why we need to back him through his dodgy spell and not write him off or force him out because he hasn't hit the ground running.

Kaiserclem
02-03-2016, 08:54 PM
Stokes appears to be a shoo-in for Malonga in one respect - that he's an easy target for accusations of laziness from idiots who don't have a clue what they're talking about.

It hasn't quite happened for Stokes yet - that's not in doubt. But the whole TEAM, every department of the team is playing well short of the level it was playing at earlier this season and this is not all down to Stokes.

At times he's knocked his pan in - see the derbies. At times he's done this even when things haven't really been going his way - see the derbies.

Stokes came here and we knew that he wasn't going to be match-fit, it would take him a while to get up to speed although bizarrely enough I think his sub appearance in his first game was the most promising performance he's put in, his second was decent enough. He's not really kicked on since, unfortunately. He's also not played on the same side as Fraser Fyvie since, unfortunately……..

Stubbs has a problem with strikers and I think this is his achilles heel as a manager. I think he's content with watery possession football, passing from side to side 30 yards out. I think at times he hides behind stats, kidding himself that we've dominated games when in fact the opposition have been quite comfortable allowing us possession and allowing us a few half-chances. Stubbs sometimes seems complacent, he's nice but I think he tolerates too much. I don't think he does well enough at creating attacking "units" that create the type of chance a striker will score i.e. threaded pass to mobile striker, cross to target man, hoofball to big man with little man spinning off.

Cummings and Keatings are both finishers - they don't offer much more but are both very good at what they do. They don't hold it up well enough, they don't win enough headers, they don't bully defenders, they don't show enough mercurial flashes of skill but they are both decent enough at taking a chance when it comes along.

Apart from now, when they aren't taking chances which means they're doing nothing and there's no point in them being there. Dagnall's not taking his chances but he's providing decent all-round play which means he's still contributing. What we needed in January - especially with Malonga leaving - was 100% NOT a better finisher. It was something different, another Malonga, or a big target man, or a tricky mercurial talent who can carve out a chance.

Instead we got Stokes - a magnificent finisher, better than Cummings and Keatings (even if there is little evidence of this so far). Personally I'd have taken a mediocre target man over a magnificent finisher - more likely to get more out of Cummings and Keatings by playing one of them with this than trying to pair either or both of them with Stokes. Farid could be the key to all of this - he offers that something different that might bring the best out of Stokes, Cummings or Keatings. But it's frankly ridiculous that we find ourselves looking to be so reliant on someone with his injury record. Dagnall may yet prove to be the key. Or one of the finishers with Boyle and Carmichael wide.

Stokes should not be getting a hard time. He's doing his best. Stubbs needs to work out - FAST - what he wants to do with him though because so far he just hasn't fitted into the way we play.

👍Absolutely spot on, Stokes hanging out wide left is no good to us or him, he works his backside off and you can actually see him getting extremely frustrated with Cummings more and more. Mostly due to his poor general play, I mean every defender knows he is turning into his left foot every time. Not good enough. Stokes and El Alagui or Dagnall (who works his backside off the most) with wide mean would work I reckon.

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 09:09 PM
FFS, is he out killing Pandas Lions and bears on his day off as well.

WWF :thumbsup:

Oi, shut it you - you'll be thanking me when he scores a hat trick in the Ayrshire 'kalahari' that is Rugby Park in the play offs - might even buy you a lion bar as a wee tribute !

hibsboy69
02-03-2016, 09:22 PM
When Stokes came to us he hadn't played in ages. Then shortly after signing he injured his back, which meant he couldn't train.

He still needs matches to attain his full match sharpness (Stubbs would have known this when he signed him, but his injury didn't help).

In the games I've been to Stokes has looked quite dangerous, whilst still clearly not being match fit.

In Stokesy We Trust.

Edson Arantes
02-03-2016, 09:48 PM
When Stokes came to us he hadn't played in ages. Then shortly after signing he injured his back, which meant he couldn't train.

He still needs matches to attain his full match sharpness (Stubbs would have known this when he signed him, but his injury didn't help).

In the games I've been to Stokes has looked quite dangerous, whilst still clearly not being match fit.

In Stokesy We Trust.

You actually typed "In Stokesy we trust"?

With capital letters?

Good grief man, he was fantastic here before but now...??

Edson Arantes
02-03-2016, 09:52 PM

Give up.

He is now officially not good enough for us. Not because he isn't, but because he's not interested enough to be so.

6K a week?

Joke.

FranckSuzy
02-03-2016, 09:56 PM
Give up.

He is now officially not good enough for us. Not because he isn't, but because he's not interested enough to be so.

6K a week?

Joke.

Where are you getting that figure from?

bigwheel
02-03-2016, 09:58 PM
Where are you getting that figure from?

He's made it up. Like most of his posts :).

Edson Arantes
02-03-2016, 10:01 PM
[QUOTE=bigwheel;4605774]He's made it up. Like most of his posts :).

No.

FranckSuzy
02-03-2016, 10:03 PM
Factually.

Like most of my posts.

You don't like them?

You, the expert.

You're very entertaining, I'll give you that :aok:

silverhibee
02-03-2016, 10:07 PM
Oi, shut it you - you'll be thanking me when he scores a hat trick in the Ayrshire 'kalahari' that is Rugby Park in the play offs - might even buy you a lion bar as a wee tribute !

:thumbsup:

Here is hoping bud. :agree:

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Give up.

6K a week?

Joke.

Just like your namesake you've trouble keeping up - I'll stick with my opinions thanks.

Stokes, 6K.......even putting viagra in his Hibs wage packet wouldn't make it up to that mate.

Edson Arantes
02-03-2016, 10:10 PM
You're very entertaining, I'll give you that :aok:

Many thanks. :aok:

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 10:12 PM
:thumbsup:

Here is hoping bud. :agree:

Not even sure you still get lion bars, seeing as it's you I'll treat ya to a selection box of your choice ! Nae Chomps or Freddos mind - has to be old school !

monktonharp
02-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Cummings is suspended, WullieOoops, I should have remembered that Drew. I mentioned it last week on a post and sure that i'd heard Hanlon and Bartley were also on suspensions. The Hanlon issue does not come into it now, but is Bartley indeed suspended for Sunday?

Sir David Gray
02-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Ooops, I should have remembered that Drew. I mentioned it last week on a post and sure that i'd heard Hanlon and Bartley were also on suspensions. The Hanlon issue does not come into it now, but is Bartley indeed suspended for Sunday?

He is, yes.

silverhibee
02-03-2016, 10:28 PM
Ooops, I should have remembered that Drew. I mentioned it last week on a post and sure that i'd heard Hanlon and Bartley were also on suspensions. The Hanlon issue does not come into it now, but is Bartley indeed suspended for Sunday?

He is, yes.

Keep the good news flowing :greengrin will we manage to put a team out with the injuries we have as well. :greengrin

monktonharp
02-03-2016, 10:31 PM
He is, yes.thanks Trig. can I be the first to claim........told you, JC,PH and Bartley wont play in the QF? :greengrin

silverhibee
02-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Give up.

6K a week?

Joke.

Are you saying Hibs are paying that or that's what he gets paid at Celtc. ?

monktonharp
02-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Keep the good news flowing :greengrin will we manage to put a team out with the injuries we have as well. :greengrinthat is important, and also an equally important point must be......will the fans support the team during this very crucial time and give as much backing as possible to help win a game against the Scottish cup holders? get along and gie them yer best.

silverhibee
02-03-2016, 10:35 PM
Not even sure you still get lion bars, seeing as it's you I'll treat ya to a selection box of your choice ! Nae Chomps or Freddos mind - has to be old school !

Have to think about that one :thumbsup:

Sir David Gray
02-03-2016, 10:39 PM
Keep the good news flowing :greengrin will we manage to put a team out with the injuries we have as well. :greengrin

It's going to be tough.

I make it that, on Sunday, we will be missing Cummings, Bartley and Hanlon through suspension and probably McGeouch and Fyvie through injury.

They are arguably five of our best players.

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 10:47 PM
Have to think about that one :thumbsup:

Creme eggs the size of tennis balls, Caramac bars the size of an iPad, Curly Wurlys the size of bunk bed ladders......you know the drill SH !

silverhibee
02-03-2016, 10:48 PM
that is important, and also an equally important point must be......will the fans support the team during this very crucial time and give as much backing as possible to help win a game against the Scottish cup holders? get along and gie them yer best.

Bringing ma boots just in case. :thumbsup:

silverhibee
02-03-2016, 10:56 PM
Creme eggs the size of tennis balls, Caramac bars the size of an iPad, Curly Wurlys the size of bunk bed ladders......you know the drill SH !

White mice the size of rabbits, chocolate banana bars the size of bananas and walnut whips (without the walnut) the size of traffic cones, :thumbsup:

monktonharp
03-03-2016, 12:57 AM
It's going to be tough.

I make it that, on Sunday, we will be missing Cummings, Bartley and Hanlon through suspension and probably McGeouch and Fyvie through injury.

They are arguably five of our best players.Ive heard Fyvie is still injured, but Mc Geoch defo out for Sunday.? surely not. he can make the difference

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 05:23 AM
Are you saying Hibs are paying that or that's what he gets paid at Celtc. ?

Celtic obviously.

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 05:25 AM
He's made it up. Like most of his posts :).

What else have I made up?

eastmainsmsh
03-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Acc to yam at work on **** back stokes had a set too with gray and he has been missing training lol load of

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Acc to yam at work on **** back stokes had a set too with gray and he has been missing training lol load of

Yep they are hurting bad and will do anything to stir it as can be seen by a lot of threads on here at the moment.

jacomo
03-03-2016, 10:00 AM

Fair enough.

However, when some of us suggested that letting Dom leave and bringing in Stokes was a massive gamble, people laughed at that notion. We were assured that Stokes would score goals for fun, that the move was a no brainer.

It hasn't worked out like that so far. In fact it is looking like a bad mistake.

Dom WAS under appreciated by many, who did not see what he brought to the team. Stokes is not presently the best striker in this League. Reputation means nothing.

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 10:05 AM
Fair enough.

However, when some of us suggested that letting Dom leave and bringing in Stokes was a massive gamble, people laughed at that notion. We were assured that Stokes would score goals for fun, that the move was a no brainer.

It hasn't worked out like that so far. In fact it is looking like a bad mistake.

Dom WAS under appreciated by many, who did not see what he brought to the team. Stokes is not presently the best striker in this League. Reputation means nothing.

No transfer is assured and since he has come back he has had an injury and been ill something you couldn't predict. That on top of his lack of games means it has probably taken longer than it might have done unfortunately this has coincided with some of the team running on empty so more obvious. He has shown enough to see he will get better and think the games in the next week or so are right up his street to do the business and hope he does,

jacomo
03-03-2016, 10:44 AM
No transfer is assuredand since he has come back he has had an injury and been ill something you couldn't predict. That on top of his lack of games means it has probably taken longer than it might have done unfortunately this has coincided with some of the team running on empty so more obvious. He has shown enough to see he will get better and think the games in the next week or so are right up his street to do the business and hope he does,

That is my point - it was a big gamble.

That was not the consensus view in January, however. Any risks that this move might not work out were dismissed - and by our coaching team too, who obviously felt they could let Dom go.

J-C
03-03-2016, 10:48 AM

That was not the consensus view in January, however. Any risks that this move might not work out were dismissed - and by our coaching team too, who obviously felt they could let Dom go.

Just how long does it take a professional footballer to get up to speed when he's not played for a few months, he must've been training with Celtic all the time there so fitness wise he should've been fine, it was just match fitness that should've been an issue.

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 10:58 AM

Would it have been more of a gamble to have kept Dom who then could possibly have huffed for the rest of the season. He has had an injury and been ill however his quality is surely not in question.

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 11:17 AM
Just how long does it take a professional footballer to get up to speed when he's not played for a few months, he must've been training with Celtic all the time there so fitness wise he should've been fine, it was just match fitness that should've been an issue.

This is about the most sensible post in the thread.

Well said.

jacomo
03-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Would it have been more of a gamble to have kept Dom who then could possibly have huffed for the rest of the season. He has had an injury and been ill however his quality is surely not in question.

We will never know the answer to that one.

Maybe we should see it as swapping Dom for Dagnall? Adding Stokes was perhaps a chance that was too good to pass up, but losing Dom turned into a bigger gamble that had to pay off quickly, rather than giving Stokes time to get up to speed.

jacomo
03-03-2016, 11:24 AM

It comes down to the reason why Stokes was not getting on the Celtc team.

Either he was doing all that was expected of him, and Deila froze him out because he's an *rse, or Stokes was falling well short of the standards required.

Obviously, it should go without saying that I hope Stokes starts banging in the goals again soon. We are where we are.

LaMotta
03-03-2016, 11:34 AM

If we really wanted to keep Dom ( which I think we should have), then would it really have been that difficult to persuade him to stay for just 4 more months with the possibility of becoming a(n even bigger) legend in the process.....

Just Alf
03-03-2016, 12:07 PM
On the face of it you're right, you need to add into the mix though the fact he had the back strain and that flu thing that's going around. ... both add to the time it'll take him to hit the ground running?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ancient hibee
03-03-2016, 12:13 PM
If we really wanted to keep Dom ( which I think we should have), then would it really have been that difficult to persuade him to stay for just 4 more months with the possibility of becoming a(n even bigger) legend in the process.....

Stubbs said at the time that he was happy to move a player on if the player didn't want to stay and compete for a starting place.Presumably that applied to Malonga which is a pity.

Mikey09
03-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Give up.

6K a week?

Joke.

What does "Officially" not good enough for us mean?!

6K a week? You've seen his contract?!

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 01:59 PM

I am sure that discussion was had and both parties agreed to the request by the player. I think I am right in saying he was pretty close to moving in the summer also.

JimBHibees
03-03-2016, 02:00 PM
On the face of it you're right, you need to add into the mix though the fact he had the back strain and that flu thing that's going around. ... both add to the time it'll take him to hit the ground running?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Absolutely.

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 04:01 PM
What does "Officially" not good enough for us mean?!

6K a week? You've seen his contract?!

OK Mr Pedantic.

I meant that a few, including myself, didn't think he should come back to us. He came, and now, in my opinion has shown that he is either not the player he was first time round or, more likely, can't be bothered trying a leg.

The 6K I referred to was what he is meant to be on at Celtic.

Don't know why I have to explain myself but there you go.

Now, if I've made any more mistakes please correct me. :aok:

hibsbollah
03-03-2016, 04:23 PM
OK Mr Pedantic.

I meant that a few, including myself, didn't think he should come back to us. He came, and now, in my opinion has shown that he is either not the player he was first time round or, more likely, can't be bothered trying a leg.

The 6K I referred to was what he is meant to be on at Celtic.

Don't know why I have to explain myself but there you go.

Now, if I've made any more mistakes please correct me. :aok:

You can dress it up all you like, but if you've watched Stokes since he's arrived and seriously think he 'hasn't tried a leg', you've got your eyes painted on or know nothing about football, or both.

I mean we're all entitled to an opinion but yours just flies in the face of reality.

Col2
03-03-2016, 04:36 PM
Looking for a big game from Stokesy on Sunday. Hopefully get us into the semi finals.

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 04:53 PM
You can dress it up all you like, but if you've watched Stokes since he's arrived and seriously think he 'hasn't tried a leg', you've got your eyes painted on or know nothing about football, or both.

I mean we're all entitled to an opinion but yours just flies in the face of reality.

Not tried a leg was maybe a wee bitty strong BUT if he would cut out the fancy flicks and appeared to work a bit harder I would be happier.

I would rather have Dagnall alongside Jason (unfortunately having a bit of a bad spell as well), think that would be better against ICT.

shetlandhibee
03-03-2016, 05:16 PM

dagnal? for stokes imho ive not seen anything better he would bring to the team,, ide like to see el al and stokes start together,:agree:

thebausburst
03-03-2016, 06:29 PM
dagnal? for stokes imho ive not seen anything better he would bring to the team,, ide like to see el al and stokes start together,:agree:

Agree 100%, Dagnal and Keatings have done nothing to show they should be in the team ahead of stokes. Stokes will come good, the guy has been a top player for years those slagging him off know zero about football.

stantonhibby
03-03-2016, 06:30 PM
Not tried a leg was maybe a wee bitty strong BUT if he would cut out the fancy flicks and appeared to work a bit harder I would be happier.

I would rather have Dagnall alongside Jason (unfortunately having a bit of a bad spell as well), think that would be better against ICT.

Cummings is suspended.

Craig_in_Prague
03-03-2016, 06:32 PM
Agree 100%, Dagnal and Keatings have done nothing to show they should be in the team ahead of stokes. Stokes will come good, the guy has been a top player for years those slagging him off know zero about football.

Expect him to beat 6 men and rasp it into top corner every game. Its not roy of the rovers stuff, he's a class player and if we get a good chance at Hampden I'd want him to have it. Same goes for Sunday, though no Cummings, but point stands.
He could yet prove the difference in play offs as well. Still delighted we have him and the teams recent failings are everything else but him.

Aldo
03-03-2016, 06:43 PM
Late to this gig and what can I say..... Once again another thread slating a player.

Stokes was excellent v the Yams at ER and his link up play and none stop running was there for all to see!

I for one am totally bemused at the OP and others looking for every little excuse to bring a player down.

Stokes is quality no doubt about it. I am hoping he is now getting there and we will see the best of him this and next Sunday.

If you are really looking for a reaction you'll get one.

There seems to be quite a few folk recently stirring the *****.

Tell you what if you are so unhappy with what's happening and the players we have then just go do one.

We have a SC quarter final at ER this week and the LCF next week!

Worse than the west coast media looking for no stories and turning into this pile of *****.

We should be looking forward and positive following a few bad results yet we come out with this guff!

Woefully poor and in poor taste.

These last few weeks have definitely brought out the doom and gloomers with 'so called' supporters of the club...

bigwheel
03-03-2016, 06:48 PM
Late to this gig and what can I say..... Once again another thread slating a player.

Stokes was excellent v the Yams at ER and his link up play and none stop running was there for all to see!

I for one am totally bemused at the OP and others looking for every little excuse to bring a player down.

Stokes is quality no doubt about it. I am hoping he is now getting there and we will see the best of him this and next Sunday.

Tell you what if you are so unhappy with what's happening and the players we have then just go do one.

Worse than the west coast media looking for no stories and turning into this pile of *****.

We should be looking forward and positive following a few bad results yet we come out with this guff!

These last few weeks have definitely brought out the doom and gloomers with 'so called' supporters of the club...

100%. Great post

mim
03-03-2016, 06:52 PM

Apart from the immaculate Bartley, Stokes was our best player on Tuesday night. He was making great runs and generally grafting away like a good'un

cabbageandribs1875
03-03-2016, 06:54 PM
i'm quite baffled that some think stokes aint putting the effort in

Libby Hibby
03-03-2016, 07:03 PM
i'm quite baffled that some think stokes aint putting the effort in

I know, crazy talk...it's almost as if some people have a hidden agenda

The_Horde
03-03-2016, 07:06 PM

Difference between that game and the last few is he was moving the ball quicker that night as he knew he was up against a decent side. Against these lesser teams he's convinced he and he alone can win us the game and he dailies on the ball trying tricks and flicks.

If Stokes treats every game like that one then nobody would complain.

My point, Stokes thinks he's too good for this league. He is. But he needs to level his head, graft first and then he can show off if he wants.

HappyHanlon
03-03-2016, 07:07 PM

were you in Dumfries Aldo? Were you even at Dumbarton?

Pipe down old man :greengrin

Aldo
03-03-2016, 07:09 PM
Difference between that game and the last few is he was moving the ball quicker that night as he knew he was up against a decent side. Against these lesser teams he's convinced he and he alone can win us the game and he dailies on the ball trying tricks and flicks. If Stokes treats every game like that one then nobody would complain. My point, Stokes thinks he's too good for this league. He is. But he needs to level his head, graft first and then he can show off if he wants.

Indeed I've not got an issue with some of the comments but my point is and will stand.... There are folk just stirring it for stirring it's sake! It's as simple as that!

Aldo
03-03-2016, 07:10 PM
were you in Dumfries Aldo? Were you even at Dumbarton? Pipe down old man :greengrin

Nope but I know folk who were and posters have already said he was one of our best players. As for piping down.... One will not!

Old man Farf!!

The_Horde
03-03-2016, 07:11 PM
Indeed I've not got an issue with some of the comments but my point is and will stand.... There are folk just stirring it for stirring it's sake! It's as simple as that!

I agree. Heard a rumour about Keatings earlier too. Load of pish, my pal knows him well. Couldn't get a quieter lad, thanks a lot of the management and his team mates and is gutted about his form. Desperate yams making rumours and gullible Hibees seeking easy answers. Why cant anyone just say we've been pish?

Its clear to everyone these guys get on so well. And if, say, Stokes was being a knob there's far greater influences in that dressing room who would just tell him to do one.

And I have the upmost faith in stubbs that, if any problems did arise, he'd be the first person to punt him.

Just idiots making up pish

HappyHanlon
03-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Nope but I know folk who were and posters have already said he was one of our best players. As for piping down.... One will not!

Old man Farf!!

One? Sound like some from the forces pal.

so you weren't there? Explains a lot

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 07:14 PM
were you in Dumfries Aldo? Were you even at Dumbarton?

Pipe down old man :greengrin
Deary me...

Never have I ever come across such a disrespectful post on this site. Graceless and Classless.

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Deary me...

Never have I ever come across such a disrespectful post on this site. Graceless and Classless.

Did the smiley not tell you he wasn't being serious?

Zazu62
03-03-2016, 07:23 PM
I know, crazy talk...it's almost as if some people have a hidden agenda

Nah it's cos most of them that post crap about players are hearts fans trolling

Aldo
03-03-2016, 07:29 PM
I agree. Heard a rumour about Keatings earlier too. Load of pish, my pal knows him well. Couldn't get a quieter lad, thanks a lot of the management and his team mates and is gutted about his form. Desperate yams making rumours and gullible Hibees seeking easy answers. Why cant anyone just say we've been pish? Its clear to everyone these guys get on so well. And if, say, Stokes was being a knob there's far greater influences in that dressing room who would just tell him to do one. And I have the upmost faith in stubbs that, if any problems did arise, he'd be the first person to punt him. Just idiots making up pish

Always get idiots in every walk of life!!

One? Sound like some from the forces pal. so you weren't there? Explains a lot

Aye special forces!!

Deary me... Never have I ever come across such a disrespectful post on this site. Graceless and Classless.

Aye some right idiots on hear at the moment... Isn't there?? ;-)

jacomo
03-03-2016, 08:01 PM

Sorry but this is poor stuff.

Our title challenge has collapsed in the past fortnight and our big January signing is not doing the business. Plus the form of our other forwards has fallen away.

Seek to discuss this and you are labelled a 'so called' supporter.

:rolleyes:

Aldo
03-03-2016, 08:10 PM
Sorry but this is poor stuff. Our title challenge has collapsed in the past fortnight and our big January signing is not doing the business. Plus the form of our other forwards has fallen away. Seek to discuss this and you are labelled a 'so called' supporter. :rolleyes:

Opinions!!

Thing is he can't do it alone!!

As for so called!!! You know exactly what've mean by this.

The last few weeks has been full of players being slagged off left right and centre!

I put my comment to it and it hasn't and won't changed. :-)

My_Wife_Camille
03-03-2016, 08:15 PM
Did the smiley not tell you he wasn't being serious?
Maybe should have put a smiley myself then

jacomo
03-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Opinions!!

The last few weeks has been full of players being slagged off left right and centre!

I do, but not everyone questioning the Stokes signing is a Yam impostor.

By saying so, you are giving the impression that no differing opinion is allowed.

Wee Effen Bee
03-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Difference between that game and the last few is he was moving the ball quicker that night as he knew he was up against a decent side. Against these lesser teams he's convinced he and he alone can win us the game and he dailies on the ball trying tricks and flicks.

If Stokes treats every game like that one then nobody would complain.

My point, Stokes thinks he's too good for this league. He is. But he needs to level his head, graft first and then he can show off if he wants.

Im hoping the whole team think they are too good for this league! Funny thing is, when I watched Stokes previously with Hibs then Celtic, flicks and tricks were part of his repertoire. Perhaps, when he has a few more games under his belt, his team mates may read his play more acutely and will get on the end of many of those touches. I am amazed at the mind reading skills many posters on this thread have mind you: how some can say so confidently what Stokes is thinking is pretty amazing. I would suggest though (I say 'suggest'as I can't say with absolute certainty) that he isn't showing off at all but is still getting used to playing week in/week out and is working on getting his touch back.
Your post reminds me of a manager/coach of a youth team I played for: he used to shout the same thing every game, " Cut oot aw that fancy stuff and git the ba up the park!":greengrin

Edson Arantes
03-03-2016, 09:23 PM
Maybe should have put a smiley myself then

Would have been better than that avatar picture. :wink:

J-C
03-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Opinions!!

When they stop performing like they have done this past 3 games, we've every right to slag them off, they're the ones who've thrown away the league.

Alex Trager
03-03-2016, 09:51 PM
One man doesn't make a team, so how can we point the finger at one man for our failings. My view is that the Stokes Cummings partnership doesn't work, they don't seem to play off each other.
I would go with Stokes and Farid up front AS will benefit from Farids knock downs and hold up play, something we have lacked since Malonga left

Hopefully how we start on Sunday

The_Horde
03-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Would have been better than that avatar picture. :wink:

One might argue it's on par with your username. Great player, shambolic human.

silverhibee
03-03-2016, 11:38 PM
Always get idiots in every walk of life!!

Aye special forces!!

Aye some right idiots on hear at the moment... Isn't there?? ;-)

The Adam Johnson Family.

Squealing pig
04-03-2016, 03:20 AM
Rather have insall up front

Aldo
04-03-2016, 06:08 AM
The Adam Johnson Family.

Ooooooo!! ;-)

Aldo
04-03-2016, 06:09 AM
I do, but not everyone questioning the Stokes signing is a Yam impostor. By saying so, you are giving the impression that no differing opinion is allowed.

I didn't say they were but there have been a few that are stirring it up big time.

As for the OP. I know for a fact that he's not a Yam!

Just a daftie! ;-)

hibsbollah
04-03-2016, 04:56 PM
He will score at the weekend. Fact.

Wilson
04-03-2016, 05:05 PM

And hopefully on the park as well...

silverhibee
04-03-2016, 07:32 PM

Lucky Panda. :greengrin

Gmack7
04-03-2016, 07:47 PM

I'm convinced yogis post match interview will contain the quote that's why I was desperate to sign stokes

AlbertK86
04-03-2016, 08:14 PM
Big game for him and chance to show his true worth

Think he'll do the biz and grab the winner

Jonnyboy
04-03-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm convinced yogis post match interview will contain the quote that's why I was desperate to sign stokes

Together with 'it was a right good game' :greengrin

3pm
04-03-2016, 08:23 PM
Together with 'it was a right good game' :greengrin

'Hibs.net folk ken whits gaun oan'.

Giro Playboy
04-03-2016, 10:59 PM

Wish we never let Malonga go... Who would you like to see up front with Cummings? We have a half fit Farid or two very average players in Keatings and Dagnal. Boyle is not really a centre forward . Stokes is too good a player not to score goals at this level but I must admit he is certainly taking his time getting himself match fit.

I agree about Malonga

FranckSuzy
05-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Who would you like to see up front with Cummings? We have a half fit Farid or two very average players in Keatings and Dagnal. Boyle is not really a centre forward . Stokes is too good a player not to score goals at this level but I must admit he is certainly taking his time getting himself match fit.

I agree about Malonga

Here's another one....

sleeping giant
05-03-2016, 09:49 AM
I remember when we used to ban jambos on this forum or at least changed the colour of their username so there was no confusion .

It's getting a bit like the comments section on the evening news site.

marinello59
05-03-2016, 09:56 AM
Here's another one....

I remember when we used to ban jambos on this forum or at least changed the colour of their username so there was no confusion .

It's getting a bit like the comments section on the evening news site.

There are plenty of long term posters and known Hibs fans on here happy to stick the boot in to our players.
If you have suspicions about certain posters then use the report post function please.

Andy74
05-03-2016, 10:12 AM
Here's another one....

Nothing wrong with what they've said.

Scottie
05-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Who would you like to see up front with Cummings? We have a half fit Farid or two very average players in Keatings and Dagnal. Boyle is not really a centre forward . Stokes is too good a player not to score goals at this level but I must admit he is certainly taking his time getting himself match fit.

I agree about Malonga
Spot on bud but I'm afraid I'm going to be tarnished as a Yam myself for agreeing with you.

Nothing wrong with what they've said.
:aok: Agree with you Andy.

Hiber-nation
05-03-2016, 10:19 AM
Here's another one....

He's spot on.

Giro Playboy
05-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Stokes is a quality player but he is not match fit. Don't forget that before he came to Hibs he had not played for months. He has good positional play but is lacking the sharpness to start banging in the goals that he should be.
Also when he partners Cummings they seem to play miles apart.

Onion
05-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Stokes is a quality player but he is not match fit. Don't forget that before he came to Hibs he had not played for months. He has good positional play but is lacking the sharpness to start banging in the goals that he should be.
Also when he partners Cummings they seem to play miles apart.

We're now in March. We did not bring him in to get match fit for the Euros, and I'm pretty sure all the Prem teams who were desperate to land him thought he'd make an immediate, material difference to their attack and fortunes. We didn't hear Stokes or Stubbs talking about him taking time to get up to match fitness when we landed the marquee signing of the Jan window.

We all know Stokes is quality but the time for him to start proving his worth to Hibs in the Championship was a few weeks ago. If he doesn't make a telling contribution in our most important games like tomorrow and/or next Sunday, his signing will have been a major disappointment. Some might not like that, but that's the reasonable expectation that came with reputedly one of the top strikers in the Premiership.

FranckSuzy
05-03-2016, 10:59 AM
There are plenty of long term posters and known Hibs fans on here happy to stick the boot in to our players.
If you have suspicions about certain posters then use the report post function please.

I can deal with Hibs fans commenting on the team :wink:

The 'report' function would break if I used for every suspect post just now and I am sure you all have full-time jobs to be getting on with :tee hee: :devil: :aok:

rcarter1
05-03-2016, 11:41 AM
We're now in March. We did not bring him in to get match fit for the Euros, and I'm pretty sure all the Prem teams who were desperate to land him thought he'd make an immediate, material difference to their attack and fortunes. We didn't hear Stokes or Stubbs talking about him taking time to get up to match fitness when we landed the marquee signing of the Jan window.

We all know Stokes is quality but the time for him to start proving his worth to Hibs in the Championship was a few weeks ago. If he doesn't make a telling contribution in our most important games like tomorrow and/or next Sunday, his signing will have been a major disappointment. Some might not like that, but that's the reasonable expectation that came with reputedly one of the top strikers in the Premiership.

Im disappointed with the return we have had from Stokes, but if he scores the winning goal in the Play off Final, I'll be delighted with him! The good news about our bad run, is that it probably hasn't changed too much for our season. All to play for Anthony, a hat trick tomorrow would be a good way to show your worth.

jacomo
05-03-2016, 01:21 PM
Im disappointed with the return we have had from Stokes, but if he scores the winning goal in the Play off Final, I'll be delighted with him! The good news about our bad run, is that it probably hasn't changed too much for our season. All to play for Anthony, a hat trick tomorrow would be a good way to show your worth.

My frustration is that we let Der Neuer Hun get away from us and we didn't see how they would react if under serious pressure.

Still, as you say, we still have promotion hopes and 2 cups to play for.

LaMotta
05-03-2016, 01:26 PM
Here's another one....

Eh??

Edson Arantes
05-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Here's another one....

Dont agree.

What he has said seems fair enough.

silverhibee
05-03-2016, 01:46 PM

One of these would be better rather than a report function. :greengrin

http://archives.pr.erau.edu/Exhibits/AAM2010/ASASA/MS-001-Eject2.jpg

Giro Playboy
05-03-2016, 02:15 PM
Here's another one.... well done mate you've rumbled me. I've been pretending to be a Hibs fan for 40 years but you've sussed me out in 48 hours . The boy is sharp as a tact. I'm surprised you didn't see me wearing my Hearts top at Leige and Videoton in 89, Anderlecht in 92, Athens in 01 but only the postponed game, Dnipro in 05. Went on the Kevin Thomas charter. Ex Jambo that should have been a hint and then there was Maribor. I almost forgot there was a trip to Arzon to see Hibs play Marselllie in the Lorient tournament. Christ Ive seen Hibs abroad more than most Hibbies. And finally don't tell Hermit Crab I'm a secret Jambo I sit beside him every other Saturday

J-C
05-03-2016, 02:29 PM
well done mate you've rumbled me. I've been pretending to be a Hibs fan for 40 years but you've sussed me out in 48 hours . The boy is sharp as a tact. I'm surprised you didn't see me wearing my Hearts top at Leige and Videoton in 89, Anderlecht in 92, Athens in 01 but only the postponed game, Dnipro in 05. Went on the Kevin Thomas charter. Ex Jambo that should have been a hint and then there was Maribor. I almost forgot there was a trip to Arzon to see Hibs play Marselllie in the Lorient tournament. Christ Ive seen Hibs abroad more than most Hibbies. And finally don't tell Hermit Crab I'm a secret Jambo I sit beside him every other Saturday

No as sharp as you though eh, wrong sex mate, he's a she. :faf::aok:

And it's sharp as a tack, very ironic.

Giro Playboy
05-03-2016, 02:45 PM

And it's sharp as a tack, very ironic. A he-she ive seen some butch looking lassies in the Hibs club but it not fair calling the lassie that.
Sorry for spelling tack as tact. I'm sure when you meet all your mates for a few pints later on you can regale them with tales all about it. That's assuming you have mates and do normal things like socialise in pubs.

Silky
05-03-2016, 02:49 PM

And it's sharp as a tack, very ironic.

He does have a point, though. Just cos he may post something that's not universally popular doesn't mean he's a yam. Would be interesting to hear the reasons for the case against him.

Giro Playboy
05-03-2016, 02:58 PM
He does have a point, though. Just cos he may post something that's not universally popular doesn't mean he's a yam. Would be interesting to hear the reasons for the case against him. I called Keatings and Dagnall average when I was defending Stokes. That was enough for me to be labelled a jambo.......so sad its actually funny

Hermit Crab
05-03-2016, 03:01 PM
He does have a point, though. Just cos he may post something that's not universally popular doesn't mean he's a yam. Would be interesting to hear the reasons for the case against him.

They have no evidence to suggest he's a jambo they just don't agree with what he's posted so he must be one.... Seems the norm on here.

Andy74
05-03-2016, 03:01 PM
I called Keatings and Dagnall average when I was defending Stokes. That was enough for me to be labelled a jambo.......so sad its actually funny

I think they are up to about 24 combined appearances since scoring so your point can't currently be argued with too much.

Hermit Crab
05-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Dont agree.

What he has said seems fair enough.

Joe6-2
05-03-2016, 03:02 PM

Can only agree with this, sadly

Thecat23
05-03-2016, 03:04 PM
Can we not just give this a rest? Get behind Stokes and the boys instead of going over ***** like this.

Stokes will come good, and hopefully shut some folk up.

HibbyAndy
05-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Can we not just give this a rest? Get behind Stokes and the boys instead of going over ***** like this.

Week before a cup final we need to ditch all the negative threads and get right behind the team !

Thecat23
05-03-2016, 03:17 PM

Week before a cup final we need to ditch all the negative threads and get right behind the team !

Exactly, you'd never think we were going into a cup final and a quarter final. Instead we have threads booting Stokes, and ripping Ox. Going over players that have left as well when it was the player who WANTED to leave.

FranckSuzy
05-03-2016, 03:29 PM

:top marks It's getting rather tiresome seeing new posters coming on here to seemingly only slag the team. Where were they all when we were unbeaten and disposing of Premiership teams, I wonder?

Pete
05-03-2016, 03:30 PM
:top marks It's getting rather tiresome seeing new posters coming on here to seemingly only slag the team. Where were they all when we were unbeaten and disposing of Premiership teams, I wonder?

They are seething.

FranckSuzy
05-03-2016, 03:37 PM
well done mate you've rumbled me. I've been pretending to be a Hibs fan for 40 years but you've sussed me out in 48 hours . The boy is sharp as a tact. I'm surprised you didn't see me wearing my Hearts top at Leige and Videoton in 89, Anderlecht in 92, Athens in 01 but only the postponed game, Dnipro in 05. Went on the Kevin Thomas charter. Ex Jambo that should have been a hint and then there was Maribor. I almost forgot there was a trip to Arzon to see Hibs play Marselllie in the Lorient tournament. Christ Ive seen Hibs abroad more than most Hibbies. And finally don't tell Hermit Crab I'm a secret Jambo I sit beside him every other Saturday

For the record, this he-she :greengrin didn't call you a Yam, I was actually referring to what appeared to be yet another new poster focusing on the negatives instead of all (yes, there are some) the positives from this season. We're one day away from a QF in the SC and 8 days from a League Cup Final so can we not just focus on that, naw? :aok:

As for sitting by Hermit Crab, you have my sympathy :tee hee: Only joking, R :devil:

Giro Playboy
05-03-2016, 03:41 PM
:top marks It's getting rather tiresome seeing new posters coming on here to seemingly only slag the team. Where were they all when we were unbeaten and disposing of Premiership teams, I wonder? Someone suggested dropping Stokes and I said he is a better player than Dagnal and Keatings who are both average. In your mind that's me slagging the team.

I'm new here and didn't realise we are all supposed to have exactly the same opinion.

Andy74
05-03-2016, 03:55 PM

TC you haven't been shy in getting stuck in when you haven't liked the way things have been going in previous seasons so people are entitled to do the same now aren't they?

Thecat23
05-03-2016, 04:01 PM
TC you haven't been shy in getting stuck in when you haven't liked the way things have been going in previous seasons so people are entitled to do the same now aren't they?

Course they are, but how about wait till after the final or the game tomorrow. Rumours of Stokes going out that were rubbish how is that helping?

Also the constant Malonga chat, yes I'm gutted he's gone I think we all are because he'd defo be a player we would be using. But he's away, he left us for personal reasons. Stubbs tried to talk him round to stay but his wife just didn't want too.

Stokes is a proven scorer so no one could complain about the quality we've brought in. For me he needs games. Still fancy him to play a huge part in the coming weeks.

Smartie
05-03-2016, 04:23 PM
I'm sure we're all concerned at how badly we've played in recent weeks and want to know the real reasons behind why the form has been so poor.

The poor form has closed one door for us (the Championship is gone) but we still have 2 cups we can win and we can still get promotion through the playoffs.

Some of the inquest into the bad results has been way over the top. Some of the speculation has been pointless and harmful.

I honestly think we need to put the past few results behind us and get 100% behind the team. A result tomorrow could be the launchpad for our whole season and I think we need to rally everyone behind the team.