PDA

View Full Version : Games played: 3 Goals scored: 2.

GlasgowHibee
02-03-2016, 12:29 AM
That's where the problem lies.

Forget about Oxley, forget about defence without Paul Hanlon, forget about Fyvie being injured. One thing I can't stand for is a Hibs team who are unable to out-score in 3 games, especially when the 3 games are in the ****ing championship.

Since Stokes has come to the club, our forward play has been pretty atrocious. I'm not forcing all the blame onto him, although it seems like Stubbsy has put all his faith in a striker partnership forming between JC35 and Stokes, and it just doesn't work. They have no chemistry, and can barely pass to each other never mind set each other up for goals.

Keatings is a proven goal scorer at this level, yet somehow, he's not scoring? Is it the service, is it the team he's playing with, i'm not sure, either way I can say with confidence that he is not good enough for the Premiership.

Dagnall, different to Keatings in the sense that he's not a proven goal scorer, however he will run his heart out for the team, so he's the only striker with pass-marks recently.

Farid, he's been injured, but he's looked decent since coming back to fitness.

We're definitely missing something up front, and i'm jut concerned that the something was Dom Malonga. :bitchy:

rcarter1
02-03-2016, 06:53 AM
That's where the problem lies.

Forget about Oxley, forget about defence without Paul Hanlon, forget about Fyvie being injured. One thing I can't stand for is a Hibs team who are unable to out-score in 3 games, especially when the 3 games are in the ****ing championship.

Since Stokes has come to the club, our forward play has been pretty atrocious. I'm not forcing all the blame onto him, although it seems like Stubbsy has put all his faith in a striker partnership forming between JC35 and Stokes, and it just doesn't work. They have no chemistry, and can barely pass to each other never mind set each other up for goals.

Keatings is a proven goal scorer at this level, yet somehow, he's not scoring? Is it the service, is it the team he's playing with, i'm not sure, either way I can say with confidence that he is not good enough for the Premiership.

Dagnall, different to Keatings in the sense that he's not a proven goal scorer, however he will run his heart out for the team, so he's the only striker with pass-marks recently.

Farid, he's been injured, but he's looked decent since coming back to fitness.

We're definitely missing something up front, and i'm jut concerned that the something was Dom Malonga. :bitchy:

Agree we just don't click as an attacking force and haven't done these last two seasons. Often our goals require a wonder pass from the likes of Henderson. As good as we are on the ball, passing, getting these precision passes to work in every game is ambitious. What we don't seem to have is a basic strategy of stretching teams and creating a regular number of decent chances. We rely on too many shots from out the box, and frankly we are not blessed with goal scorers throughout the team.

Its tricky because the 'lesser' teams have an easy choice to play us. Defend and counter attack. Its the better teams (like the SPL sides) that have sometimes come undone by allowing us a bit more space. One day a 'decent' side is going to take their chances against us and we could take a doing.

I think we are tactical disaster area, riddled with talented players. Its frustrating!

Aldo
02-03-2016, 07:04 AM
Stokes, Cummings, Boyle etc were the reason we lost the game last nite.

PiemanP
02-03-2016, 07:18 AM
We play far too slow. Don't have any width and our strikers are badly out of form. We're easy for teams to play against.

I do think the sheer number of games we've had has contributed to this recent period. Stubbs has said the team is barely training and just going from one game to the next - it's on the training pitch where the guys will gel and learn each other's play. Since stokes and dang all arrived and the return of Farid I can't actually think of a week where we've not had two games to play. Even still, we should be doing better.