PDA

View Full Version : Jambo-ing it!

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 12:03 AM
In response to the other "Hibsing-it" thread.
http://www.hibs.net/images/icons/icon8.png
The phrase "hibsing it" irritates me no end. But pardon me if I was not mistaken in seeing the greatest demonstration of "bottling it" by any team, anywhere, any time, by The Jambos in 1986 at Dens Park? Let's start using the phrase "Jambo-ing it" and referring our Gorgie chums to that fateful day every time they or any one else dares to use "Hibsing-it"

GreenArmyyy!
02-03-2016, 12:07 AM
👍

high bee
02-03-2016, 12:08 AM
The phrase "hibsing it" irritates me no end. But pardon me if I was not mistaken in seeing the greatest demonstration of "bottling it" by any team, anywhere, any time, by The Jambos in 1986 at Dens Park? Let's start using the phrase "Jambo-ing it" and referring our Gorgie chums to that fateful day every time they or any one else dares to use "Hibsing-it"

I agree, yes we've had a nightmare 3 games but we've not bottled anything, we were 2nd before and we're 2nd now.

Surely to bottle something you have to be in front then have a glorious failure, say like being 2-0 in a cup derby with 12 mins left to play and end up going out the cup.

Surely this is just bad form, not that it makes it much better but the last thing we need is to circulate nonsense phrases created by the media like "Hibsing it"

Viva_Palmeiras
02-03-2016, 12:14 AM

But just 07 days later they managed to pick themselves up off the floor dust themselves down and slay the Dons to take the Scottish Cup with a big gotcha! ... What trounced 3-0 you say ?! But still the East of Scotland shield and all that team later went on to pick up winners medals - what do you mean no!?

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 12:20 AM
I agree, yes we've had a nightmare 3 games but we've not bottled anything, we were 2nd before and we're 2nd now.

Surely to bottle something you have to be in front then have a glorious failure, say like being 2-0 in a cup derby with 12 mins left to play and end up going out the cup.

Surely this is just bad form, not that it makes it much better but the last thing we need is to circulate nonsense phrases like this.

Hear hear. The Jambos are still nursing the wounds from both games. The pain of being 2-0 up with 10 minutes left on the clock against their greatest rivals and seeing victory cruelly snatched from their Gorgie grasps was too much to bare, but never mind, they would not bottle it a 2nd time at easter Road in the replay. But no, they certainly bottled it again and Big time. Oh the joy of watching them slime their way out of Easter road with their maroon tails dragging the floor, suffering "Sunshine On Leith" as they shook their heads and tried to console their broken hearts after being utterly destroyed (football-wise) and score-wise by those same greatest rivals. We ended their season that night and they can't accept that. :flag:

hibs0666
02-03-2016, 12:23 AM
I prefer gunting it.

matty_f
02-03-2016, 12:24 AM
Jimmy Saville did a lot of Jamboing.

Hibernia&Alba
02-03-2016, 12:25 AM
30th anniversary this year.

Just a couple of days ago somebody posted a reminder that they did the same thing in 1965, losing the league on the final day after a 0-2 defeat.

Ozyhibby
02-03-2016, 12:26 AM
But just 07 days later they managed to pick themselves up off the floor dust themselves down and slay the Dons to take the Scottish Cup with a big gotcha! ... What trounced 3-0 you say ?! But still the East of Scotland shield and all that team later went on to pick up winners medals - what do you mean no!?

I won't believe a word of any of that unless there are pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JJP
02-03-2016, 01:09 AM
I think that result really hurt them the other week. Using phrases like 'Hibsed it' after blowing a 2 - 0 lead at home and being knocked out the cup by the so-called bottle merchants. Nice one Jambos.:top marks

Stokesy's on fire
02-03-2016, 01:57 AM
#heartsit #jambottled

cabbageandribs1875
02-03-2016, 02:05 AM

Just a couple of days ago somebody posted a reminder that they did the same thing in 1965, losing the league on the final day after a 0-2 defeat.

and next thursday is the 37th anniversary of them getting pumped out of the Scottish Cup......by Hibs at ER

just thought i'd say likesy

California-Hibs
02-03-2016, 02:07 AM
They're trying their best to find as many comfort blankets as they can! The fact is they completely Jamboed it being 2-0 up against us with just 10 minutes left! They jamboed it then again at Easter Road. It makes their skin crawl that we might go and lift the League Cup next week (btw, a competition they've been Jamboing for 50 odd years). Also that we have a Quarter Final this weekend to look forward to whole they welcome...Partick Thistle.

We're still still 2nd and it's still all to play for. A lot of people might have to scrape major egg off their faces come the end of this season where we might look back at these 3 defeats and not give one flying crap about!

Don't let their delusions stand, 1886 is the definition of 'bottling it' and they would love us to forget it!

They JAMBOED it big time!

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 02:07 AM
#heartsit #jambottled

Hey, Jambottled it has a ring to it. Me likes.:agree:

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 02:10 AM
They're trying their best to find as many comfort blankets as they can! The fact is they completely Jamboed it being 2-0 up against us with just 10 minutes left! They jamboed it then again at Easter Road. It makes their skin crawl that we might go and lift the League Cup next week (btw, a competition they've been Jamboing for 50 odd years). Also that we have a Quarter Final this weekend to look forward to whole they welcome...Partick Thistle.

We're still still 2nd and it's still all to play for. A lot of people might have to scrape major egg off their faces come the end of this season where we might look back at these 3 defeats and not give one flying crap about!

Don't let their delusions stand, 1886 is the definition of 'bottling it' and they would love us to forget it!

The JAMBOED it big time!

Hear hear. Another poster came up with 'Jambottled it'. That has a definite ring about it. Let's spread the word from here on in....JAMBOTTLED!!

scm70nyd1973
02-03-2016, 04:41 AM

They sure did and the amusing link between the two Jamboings was that after the 1965 Jamboing they were the main protagonists on having the goal difference decision (that's how they lost it) changed to goal difference - had it stayed the same way as it was in 1965 then I believe that the spectacular Olympic style Jamboing effort in 1986 would not have happened and Sir Albert would have been stripped of his Knighthood - oh my sides - arf bloody arf !!

California-Hibs
02-03-2016, 04:45 AM
Hear hear. Another poster came up with 'Jambottled it'. That has a definite ring about it. Let's spread the word from here on in....JAMBOTTLED!!

Biggest Jambottlers I know, that's for sure.

Effed up a 2-0 home lead with just 10 minutes to go!

They also Jambottled taking a chance on Jason Cummings. How'd that one work out for them? *smug face*

Stokesy's on fire
02-03-2016, 06:14 AM

So do I! Let's utilise this one

Alfred E Newman
02-03-2016, 06:41 AM
The Jambo trolls will be wetting themselves reading this stuff. And we say they are obsessed with us.

Pete
02-03-2016, 06:51 AM
The Jambo trolls will be wetting themselves reading this stuff. And we say they are obsessed with us.

They're laughing anyway so why not?

Ozyhibby
02-03-2016, 08:29 AM
http://youtu.be/3uA1UEowQaA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 09:10 AM

The silent majority of Jambos are content to let their vocal minority of obsessives attack us and belittle us at every opportunity. It gives voice and adds to their collective sense of delusional superiority. I say let them have it at at every opportunity. Who cares whether their trolls wet themselves. Their trolls and mouth pieces are, like I say, a vocal minority. It's this crowd, minority or otherwise, who need to be counter-acted and got at with their own logic. They are currently squirming at our relative success and getting to a cup final. They are absolutely beside themselves that their perceived "superior" team was humiliated and destroyed not once but twice in the Scottish cup by the very team they absolutely detest and define themselves by.

greenginger
02-03-2016, 09:34 AM

That was in the days of Goal Average rather than Goal Difference.

If Hearts had scored one goal Killie would have needed to score 7, but Hearts tried to play defensive and bottled it big time.
I can still picture Alan Gordon heading into the side net in the last minute when it looked easier to score.

I was a young lad on the Gorgie terraces that day and managed to keep my grin hidden. :greengrin

Stokesy's on fire
02-03-2016, 09:36 AM
Hearts bottled the unbeatable game as well does anyone remember that?

JimBHibees
02-03-2016, 09:38 AM
We are in the League cup final and the Scottish cup quarter final, couldn't care less about Hearts.

CraigHibee
02-03-2016, 10:14 AM

i personally wouldnt use the phrase "jamb-oing it" that phrase covers a whole multitued of sins from stealing from charity, drinking from puddles and other depraved sickening things, can't tar every non-jambo with the same brush. :D

bawheid
02-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Let's not forget Craig Levein's role at Dens in 1986. The poor wee lamb had "the cold" and so pulled out of the game. Aye right, he sh@t his pants and #jambottled it, which provided the precurser to the rest of what happened that day. As has been mentioned they had previous for this in 1965 and then followed it up the very next week by throwing in the towel against Aberdeen.

Can we also recall the 1996 Scottish Cup final, when the Jambos were due to end years of hurt but instead started chucking the ball through their own legs and into the net in a 5-1 (yes, 5-1) loss to the now defunct Rangers.

How about the League Cup final in 2013, when they lost to St Mirren in the final of a competition they've bottled it in every year for 53 years on the trot.

Or what about the semi-final of the same competition a year later when nine-man Inverness CT took the tie to extra time with a 95th minute equaliser? Only moments earlier Ryan Stevenson had been "high-sixing" the Jambos at the other end of the ground before a corner. The perennial League Cup bottlers lost on penalties, with one of the ugliest men ever to play football (Jamie Hamill) missing the decisive kick.

No - I won't take any lesson from Hearts on bottling football matches. Particularly after what happened in the recent cup tie.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 11:19 AM
Let's not forget Craig Levein's role at Dens in 1986. The poor wee lamb had "the cold" and so pulled out of the game. Aye right, he sh@t his pants and #jambottled it, which provided the precurser to the rest of what happened that day. As has been mentioned they had previous for this in 1965 and then followed it up the very next week by throwing in the towel against Aberdeen.

Can we also recall the 1996 Scottish Cup final, when the Jambos were due to end years of hurt but instead started chucking the ball through their own legs and into the net in a 5-1 (yes, 5-1) loss to the now defunct Rangers.

How about the League Cup final in 2013, when they lost to St Mirren in the final of a competition they've bottled it in every year for 53 years on the trot.

Or what about the semi-final of the same competition a year later when nine-man Inverness CT took the tie to extra time with a 95th minute equaliser? Only moments earlier Ryan Stevenson had been "high-sixing" the Jambos at the other end of the ground before a corner. The perennial League Cup bottlers lost on penalties, with one of the ugliest men ever to play football (Jamie Hamill) missing the decisive kick.

No - I won't take any lesson from Hearts on bottling football matches. Particularly after what happened in the recent cup tie.

Very well summed up. Send it into Keith Jackson and Kickback?

bawheid
02-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Very well summed up. Send it into Keith Jackson and Kickback?

Who?

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Who?

Mind the guy that was going to take JC to court if he didn't retract his comments?

TAHibby
02-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Alternatively we need to get over the fact other clubs are taking the piss and rightfully so, not sure why clubs outwith hearts and sevco are happy about us about losing the league to them but whatever. Put it right on sunday by reaching the semi final with a level of performance we're capable of. In the case of hearts it is painfully obvious us failing is the only thing left they can get out of this season which they're absolutely desperate for after being dumped out conceding 2 at home in the last 10 minutes

bawheid
02-03-2016, 11:50 AM
Mind the guy that was going to take JC to court if he didn't retract his comments?

Oh aye, he must have bottled out of doing that in the end?

Was that not the guy who legitimised Craig Whyte's purchase of the now defunct Rangers in a series of fawning Daily Record articles? I think "wealth off the radar" was the phrase used. The series of articles led to the supporters of the old Rangers welcoming Whyte in with open arms, before he then systematically destroyed their club. Oops.

Aye, I know who you're talking about now.

1987kev
02-03-2016, 11:54 AM
it happened 30 years ago and it didn't even involve us we are celebrating a Dundee win and Celtic winning the league get over it

marinello59
02-03-2016, 11:55 AM
it happened 30 years ago and it didn't even involve us we are celebrating a Dundee win and Celtic winning the league get over it

Get over it? Seriously? I will be wetting myself laughing at that for the rest of my life as will most Hibs fans I know.

1987kev
02-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Get over it? Seriously? I will be wetting myself laughing at that for the rest of my life as will most Hibs fans I know.

I wasn't even born when it happened the past is the past. It's now and the future that bothers me

Hibstrooper
02-03-2016, 12:00 PM
After they had their game before the cup replay magically called off I started to use the phrase 'Heartsed-it' on a couple of jambo mates - cheating your way to gain any kind of advantage. They didn't like that one.

Pete
02-03-2016, 12:18 PM
I wasn't even born when it happened the past is the past. It's now and the future that bothers me

Yeah sorry mate we won't mention it again.

02-03-2016, 12:22 PM
The yams have had the biggest bottle smash of the season so far lets not forget. 2-0 up at home to "the wee team" with 10 minutes to go . . . .

Smartie
02-03-2016, 12:28 PM

You must be Kidding.

Pete
02-03-2016, 12:30 PM

I fancy some chunky chicken for lunch. Can you, or anyone else recommend a good brand?

02-03-2016, 12:31 PM
After they had their game before the cup replay magically called off I started to use the phrase 'Heartsed-it' on a couple of jambo mates - cheating your way to gain any kind of advantage. They didn't like that one.

Yes because i'm sure if it had been hibs, hearts fans would never mention it or laugh about it . . . .

Look at the amount of cock ups we've had over the years that hearts fans still take great delight in reminding us of. I'm still reminded of the 7-0 Malmo embarrassment by them and that was far less of **** up than loosing a title on the very last day.

Danderhall Hibs
02-03-2016, 01:33 PM

I'm not sure you've grasped this.

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 01:55 PM

Get over it???
You surely can't be serious.
Has the mention of that particular dark day in the Jambos history stirred up some painful memories, perhaps? A Hibby surely would not come out with "get over it":cool2:

MrSmith
02-03-2016, 02:35 PM
Jimmy Saville did a lot of Jamboing.

I thought that was bumboing? Never the less as one in the same thing :)

GreenArmy1875
02-03-2016, 03:38 PM
We have "hibsed it" regardless what you want to call it. We have been praised lots in the press about times changing at Hibs (sometimes rightly so) and then we chuck any chance of us winning the league in a month. We can laugh at Hearts all we want from 30 years ago but in this moment we have "hibsed it" in a poor league against some poor sides. Yes we have progressed under Stubbs and Leann but the big results in cups has hidden the lack of goals/performance at times in the league. We have scraped past some poor sides but Rangers (and hearts) won a lot of games in this league comfortably by 2/3 goals.

We need to stop worrying about what others say about our bottle (press etc) and concentrate on the performance and the fact we are in the lottery that is the play offs and not a dead cert to finish 2nd.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 03:42 PM
We have "hibsed it" regardless what you want to call it. We have been praised lots in the press about times changing at Hibs (sometimes rightly so) and then we chuck any chance of us winning the league in a month. We can laugh at Hearts all we want from 30 years ago but in this moment we have "hibsed it" in a poor league against some poor sides. Yes we have progressed under Stubbs and Leann but the big results in cups has hidden the lack of goals/performance at times in the league. We have scraped past some poor sides but Rangers (and hearts) won a lot of games in this league comfortably by 2/3 goals.

We need to stop worrying about what others say about our bottle (press etc) and concentrate on the performance and the fact we are in the lottery that is the play offs and not a dead cert to finish 2nd.

Take your own advice, you talk about this "hibsed it" then say we should ignore all the bottle crashing chat.

You can't make this up 😂

Pete
02-03-2016, 04:04 PM
Take your own advice, you talk about this "hibsed it" then say we should ignore all the bottle crashing chat.

You can't make this up 😂

The bottlers don't like it up them.

It reeks in here just now.

lyonhibs
02-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Both the terms "Hibsing it" and "Jambo-ing it" and all associated derivatives are absolutely cringeworthy and any grown men using them in everyday, real life speech should cease doing so forthwith or piss off and play with the traffic.

IMO.

GreenArmy1875
02-03-2016, 04:36 PM

You can't make this up 😂

We should ignore it in the paper and stop talking ourselves up when things are going well. Then go on to bottle it weeks later.

JimBHibees
02-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Both the terms "Hibsing it" and "Jambo-ing it" and all associated derivatives are absolutely cringeworthy and any grown men using them in everyday, real life speech should cease doing so forthwith or piss off and play with the traffic.

IMO.

Yep simply awful patter.

Pete
02-03-2016, 04:42 PM
We should ignore it in the paper and stop talking ourselves up when things are going well. Then go on to bottle it weeks later.

Bottling it now eh?

lol

bawheid
02-03-2016, 04:42 PM

Roond ye!!

Pete
02-03-2016, 04:44 PM

IMO.

To be honest I'd be very surprised if anyone used these terms other than on social media.

GreenArmy1875
02-03-2016, 04:47 PM
Bottling it now eh?

lol

Totally bottled it

skipster7
02-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Totally bottled it

This is the mob who's own fanzine was called "Always the bridesmaid " after 36 trophy free years. Biggest bottle crash ever at dens psml

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Hibsing it or jamboing it, who really cares? What really matters is Hibs doing better.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 05:30 PM

So we shouldn't speak about Hibs doing well when we are?

Away you go eh, your stinking of Hearts patter. In fact I'm convinced you are a Jambo.

Hibernia&Alba
02-03-2016, 05:42 PM

Eh? Get over the fact Hearts blew the league title with all of eight minutes of the season remaining? I don't think so; it was the finest exhibition of bottling it you could ever see, and was the SECOND time they threw away the title on the last day.

Pleasing :agree:

They will never get over it, so why should we? :greengrin

Keith_M
02-03-2016, 05:46 PM
and next thursday is the 37th anniversary of them getting pumped out of the Scottish Cup......by Hibs at ER

just thought i'd say likesy

My very first game

:thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
02-03-2016, 06:46 PM

:agree: Jamboing it for me means strutting about the city weeks before said game wearing Tee shirts declaring themselves champions - false sense of achievement, easily led to believe as we now know. Premature Ejambolation I think it was called at the time. Sadly it's incurable in their case.

scm70nyd1973
02-03-2016, 07:04 PM

Get over it ? I was at ER on that day and I neither celebrated the Soap Dodgers winning the league (in fact nothing was further from my mind) nor was I celebrating a Dundee win - I wasn't even celebrating Hearts 'losing' the league. It was just an absolutely effing hilarious moment in football (not just for Hibs fans I hasten to add) and one that still makes me chuckle when I ever look back and think about it. To me these moments make football what it is and quite simply I refuse to get over it - and by Sauzee there are precious few funny moments to enjoy when you follow the Cabbage !

GreenArmy1875
02-03-2016, 07:54 PM
So we shouldn't speak about Hibs doing well when we are?

Away you go eh, your stinking of Hearts patter. In fact I'm convinced you are a Jambo.

Can't take a bit of the harsh truth I see.....we shouldn't be talking about our bottle in the paper for the bottle to crash at the important stages.

Classic response...nothing to say back so accuse them of being a jumbo

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 08:34 PM
Can't take a bit of the harsh truth I see.....we shouldn't be talking about our bottle in the paper for the bottle to crash at the important stages.

Classic response...nothing to say back so accuse them of being a jumbo

I've plenty to say back, It's not the harsh truth. We are in a cup final, a quarter final, and can still go up through the play offs.

The league is over yes, but it's far from bottling it ffs.

Eyrie
02-03-2016, 08:35 PM

Hibs were around long before you were born, and some of our club's greatest memories (Famous Five, Tornadoes, 7-0) are from that era. So I have no problem remembering our past as well as worrying about our future.

hibby6270
02-03-2016, 09:25 PM

Yeah. That was myself.

The laugh of it was in '65, 0-2 was the only result that stopped them winning the league that year. Any other defeat would have been OK ironically. Hardly the best way to win a league - getting beat that is.

Fair to say, the 2-0 defeat result has had a pretty big impact on our poor Jambo chums over the years. Shame. :greengrin:greengrin

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Did they not lose to 9 men Caley ? Bottled the League Cup V Saint Mirren ?

Every team in Scotland has allegedly 'bottled it' - it's a media thing with Hibs, much like our keeper woes seasons ago.

matty_f
02-03-2016, 09:40 PM
Did they not lose to 9 men Caley ? Bottled the League Cup V Saint Mirren ?

Every team in Scotland has allegedly 'bottled it' - it's a media thing with Hibs, much like our keeper woes seasons ago.

When the tattooed weirdo Ryan Stevenson was high fiving their fans before taking a corner with only a minute or so to go? No way could they have Jamboed it up from that position...

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 09:44 PM
When the tattooed weirdo Ryan Stevenson was high fiving their fans before taking a corner with only a minute or so to go? No way could they have Jamboed it up from that position...

That's a personal fav of mine Matty.

Giving it big licks then lose 😂✋🏼💥

truehibernian
02-03-2016, 09:46 PM
That's a personal fav of mine Matty.

Giving it big licks then lose 😂✋🏼💥

I far prefer wee John Colqhoun near greeting discussing 1986 in the 'that was the year' documentary !

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 09:57 PM
I far prefer wee John Colqhoun near greeting discussing 1986 in the 'that was the year' documentary !

Haha, forgot about that!

Smartie
02-03-2016, 09:59 PM
When the tattooed weirdo Ryan Stevenson was high sixing their fans before taking a corner with only a minute or so to go? No way could they have Jamboed it up from that position...

Fixed that for you.

Bostonhibby
02-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Yeah. That was myself.

The laugh of it was in '65, 0-2 was the only result that stopped them winning the league that year. Any other defeat would have been OK ironically. Hardly the best way to win a league - getting beat that is.

Fair to say, the 2-0 defeat result has had a pretty big impact on our poor Jambo chums over the years. Shame. :greengrin:greengrin

matty_f
02-03-2016, 10:36 PM

:faf: Priceless! Really needs to be accompanied with a link to said video though.

Sir David Gray
02-03-2016, 10:44 PM
:faf: Priceless! Really needs to be accompanied with a link to said video though.

Enjoy. :greengrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZFezYotlVk

Viva_Palmeiras
02-03-2016, 10:46 PM

For all their dominance in the Derby - I always had my heart in my mouth when that runt ran at us we still had the last laugh - show us them medals.... Mackay, Kidd, Henry, Colquhoun, Berry

Gogs07
02-03-2016, 11:17 PM
And don't forget. WE OWN THEM!!!:brokenyam:

matty_f
02-03-2016, 11:36 PM

:faf:

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Well, I appear to have ruffled a few maroon feathers and got under the skin of the Hibs-hating hordes over on Kickback. They have responded to my Jamboing/jambottling it thread and dedicated a thread response and to date have spewed 3 pages of posts. The amount of comfort blankets they are throwing around each other is pitiful. Seems they don't like a taste of their own medicine. To be fair, one sensible and honest jambo actually admitted to still being hurt by Dens Park in 1986. Needless to say he was pounced on by a fellow jambo who accused him of being a Hibby. Oh the joy of watching them squirm.:flag:

Hibernia&Alba
03-03-2016, 05:45 AM

I've said it before: scarred for life. Still in therapy :agree:

California-Hibs
03-03-2016, 06:07 AM

It's absolutely superb viewing! Don't let them forget it, that was THEE all time bottling event. To not only lose the league after 37 undefeated games, to then get humped 3-0 off Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup final a week later! Scenes!!!

Bostonhibby
03-03-2016, 07:00 AM
It's absolutely superb viewing! Don't let them forget it, that was THEE all time bottling event. To not only lose the league after 37 undefeated games, to then get humped 3-0 off Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup final a week later! Scenes!!!
"Because we deserved it" that sense of entitlement again.

You have to be able to win it. Nae awards just for being the "famous" etc..

Stokesy's on fire
03-03-2016, 07:43 AM
To suggest that we should no longer point and laugh at our rivals for the most famous bottle job game of all time is insane.

There isn't a more well documented bottle job event in the Scottish game ever. Hearts have won the bottle job crown and they did it in style. well done to them on adding the bottle job title to their cabinet fair play to them.

Www1875hfc
03-03-2016, 09:20 AM
I fancy some chunky chicken for lunch. Can you, or anyone else recommend a good brand?

I remember that !!! Marshall's the chunky chicken champions :faf::faf::faf:

Danderhall Hibs
03-03-2016, 09:37 AM
To suggest that we should no longer point and laugh at our rivals for the most famous bottle job game of all time is insane.

There isn't a more well documented bottle job event in the Scottish game ever. Hearts have won the bottle job crown and they did it in style. well done to them on adding the bottle job title to their cabinet fair play to them.

Spot on. All this "hibsing" it chat is to take the focus off the ultimate bottle job.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2016, 05:28 PM
I've plenty to say back, It's not the harsh truth. We are in a cup final, a quarter final, and can still go up through the play offs.

The league is over yes, but it's far from bottling it ffs.

Yes make you wonder if some masochists out there would prefer it if we were Butchered... Again... Folks might say "only Hibs" or "only on Hibs.net" Ive done it myself but In these tinternet charged days maybe things will never be as at first glance they appear.

Viva_Palmeiras
03-03-2016, 05:50 PM

Mark McGhee from mammory always seemed to be a thorn in Hearts' side either Aberdeen or Celtc

Scotland 16 months later after scoring only 12 goals to join Celtic (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celtic_F.C.) in a £170,000 deal.[2] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_McGhee#cite_note-germ-2)[3] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_McGhee#cite_note-abroad-3) McGhee won a further Scottish Premier Division title in 1986 as Celtic pipped Hearts (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C.) on goal difference (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goal_difference#1986.2C_Premier_Division_.E2.80.93 _Hearts-Celtic).[1] (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_McGhee#cite_note-abrbio-1)

McAvennie arrived from West Ham in October his opportunities lessened in the first team. In April 1988 he came on as sub against Hearts in the Scottish Cup semi final with Celtic 0-1 down and almost single handedly changed the game, scoring the first from a near impossible position and creating the winner for Andy Walker.

Bostonhibby
03-03-2016, 06:29 PM
I suppose the ultimate Jambo-ing it is the swallowing of all the guff from Romanov about Champions League wins, World Cup Stars, share issues and megasuperhotelstadiums but ultimately ending up as a busted flush that stole charity money and bumped many more innocent businesses whilst the man they hero worshipped fled the country with their cake baking money.

Once again they never quite achieved the prizes they thought were theirs.

AlbertK86
03-03-2016, 06:47 PM

Correct .... Never ever let those factors forget it

EastCalderHibby
03-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Eh? Get over the fact Hearts blew the league title with all of eight minutes of the season remaining? I don't think so; it was the finest exhibition of bottling it you could ever see, and was the SECOND time they threw away the title on the last day.

They will never get over it, so why should we? :greengrin

:top marks what makes it even better they got humped by the sheep the next week sc final can still remember up the toon for months beforehand
all you ever heard was championes NEVER EVER HAVE I LAUGHED SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH

Was that the same season they were sponsored by none other than MITA ( mita won this mita won that ) :faf::faf::faf::faf:
could be wrong though

Joe6-2
03-03-2016, 09:35 PM

Me too, perfect!

Hibernia&Alba
03-03-2016, 09:46 PM
Correct .... Never ever let those factors forget it

Albert K kens the score..........obviously :greengrin

Wee Effen Bee
03-03-2016, 10:27 PM
Aye. It is funny how we, "Hibs it'' but other teams go through, 'rough patches' or even, 'blips!' I am aware that I usually view things through emerald green glesses and I have mentioned it earlier but we are only second in the league, and have been for a while, so we haven't blown the league or anywhere near it. We are in the championship but have gubbed a few premier teams and are busy preparing for a Scottish Cup 1/4 final. We are also in with a chance of landing the first real trophy of the season.
We may not win any silverware this year but FFS, there is no comparison between our drop in form and what they did 30 years ago. Due to their dominance and their consistency that season, they were firm favourites for the title going into the last few weeks of the season and many had them down for the glory double of league and cup! We can't even really be called favourites for any of the cup ties coming up. They will forever be remembered as bottlers extraordinaire for their exploits. We should continue to highlight it whenever possible... Just so they are never allowed to forget it. Jambottlers :lolyam:

Hi Heid Yin
04-03-2016, 12:36 AM
Aye. It is funny how we, "Hibs it'' but other teams go through, 'rough patches' or even, 'blips!' I am aware that I usually view things through emerald green glesses and I have mentioned it earlier but we are only second in the league, and have been for a while, so we haven't blown the league or anywhere near it. We are in the championship but have gubbed a few premier teams and are busy preparing for a Scottish Cup 1/4 final. We are also in with a chance of landing the first real trophy of the season.
We may not win any silverware this year but FFS, there is no comparison between our drop in form and what they did 30 years ago. Due to their dominance and their consistency that season, they were firm favourites for the title going into the last few weeks of the season and many had them down for the glory double of league and cup! We can't even really be called favourites for any of the cup ties coming up. They will forever be remembered as bottlers extraordinaire for their exploits. We should continue to highlight it whenever possible... Just so they are never allowed to forget it. Jambottlers :lolyam:

Hear hear!!

Waxy
04-03-2016, 06:41 AM

They will never get over it, so why should we? :greengrini had it in my mind they were seven minutes from the title before Sir Albert scored. Imagine being so close then jamboing it. IF theyd won that day they would have had 5 league titles to our 4.But no.

Viva_Palmeiras
04-03-2016, 12:23 PM
The famous are so famous it made the eufa website - I see Stubbys uglier stunt double is a jambo

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/news/newsid=2246762.html

Pete
04-03-2016, 03:39 PM
How can anyone forget the 2013 league cup final?

"Keep calm - it's only St. Mirren"

Unfortunately for hearts they had McGinn.

JimBHibees
04-03-2016, 03:50 PM

"Calm down - it's only St. Mirren"

Super John McGinn, I just dont think you understand .....:music:

Hi Heid Yin
04-03-2016, 05:20 PM

"Keep calm - it's only St. Mirren"

The jambos have now jambottled it for 54 years in the league cup. Over half a century! Whether they like it or not, there are only 3 major cups to be won each season. The League championship, The Scottish cup and the Scottish league cup (in all it's names).
:flag:

Carheenlea
04-03-2016, 05:26 PM
The famous are so famous it made the eufa website - I see Stubbys uglier stunt double is a jambo

http://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/news/newsid=2246762.html

Heart of Midlothian (Scotland, 1985/86)
Unbeaten in 27 matches, the Edinburgh club entered the last day of the season knowing a point at Dundee would seal their first title since 1960, with second-placed Celtic needing a four-goal swing to have any chance of the championship. Disaster struck: Celtic won 5-0 at Saint Mirren while Hoops fan Albert Kidd came off the bench to score twice in a 2-0 success for Dundee. Expecting the worst, Celtic had brought a single bottle of champagne with them to Paisley. Hearts then lost to Aberdeen in the cup final, completing Scotland's most infamous collapse.

:lolyam:

Hi Heid Yin
04-03-2016, 05:27 PM
Hearts suffered the ultimate humility on their own hallowed turf. 0-7
That is the benchmark for all-time, not the 2012 cup final.
The financially doped and corrupt organisation that won the Scottish cup in 2012 should have it's record extinguished for all-time from the record books. It was the day Heart of Midlothian FC shamed Scottish football, as it demonstrated a club living way beyond its means, run by corrupt eastern europeans, who thought nothing of fleecing a whole swathe of companies and individuals out of £40 million.
Eternal shame and damnation on you, Heart of Midlothian FC

Waxy
04-03-2016, 05:30 PM
Hearts suffered the ultimate humility on their own hallowed turf. 0-7
That is the benchmark for all-time, not the 2012 cup final.
The financially doped and corrupt organisation that won the Scottish cup in 2012 should have it's record extinguished for all-time from the record books. It was the day Heart of Midlothian FC shamed Scottish football, as it demonstrated a club living way beyond its means, run by corrupt eastern europeans, who thought nothing of fleecing a whole swathe of companies and individuals out of £40 million.
Eternal shame and damnation on you, Heart of Midlothian FC

The PBS should be renamed the nilseven arena

Hi Heid Yin
04-03-2016, 05:37 PM
The PBS should be renamed the nilseven arena

:tee hee: I agree. Better still, I think we should start referring to their manager as NILSEVEN

Hi Heid Yin
05-03-2016, 01:56 AM
Alternatively we need to get over the fact other clubs are taking the piss and rightfully so, not sure why clubs outwith hearts and sevco are happy about us about losing the league to them but whatever. Put it right on sunday by reaching the semi final with a level of performance we're capable of. In the case of hearts it is painfully obvious us failing is the only thing left they can get out of this season which they're absolutely desperate for after being dumped out conceding 2 at home in the last 10 minutes

Well surprise, surprise, can you believe that their season is not finished. The great deluded over on kickback have a 4 pages and growing thread dedicated to mounting a League title challenge. Yes, I repeat, a league title challenge. Not next year or the following, but this season. Yes, the next few months. They have gone from "our season is over" to "title challengers" in a few games. You really can't make it up. They went 37 games unbeaten back in 1986 and jambottled-it in the last 7 minutes of their last game. They had every chance of winning the title and blew it from a winning position. How on earth can they realistically expect to mount a title challenge from a vastly inferior situation. The mind boggles at their utter arrogance. We really did something to their collective brains when we blew them out of the Scottish cup recently.

Hamish
05-03-2016, 09:51 AM
Well surprise, surprise, can you believe that their season is not finished. The great deluded over on kickback have a 4 pages and growing thread dedicated to mounting a League title challenge. Yes, I repeat, a league title challenge. Not next year or the following, but this season. Yes, the next few months. They have gone from "our season is over" to "title challengers" in a few games. You really can't make it up. They went 37 games unbeaten back in 1986 and jambottled-it in the last 7 minutes of their last game. They had every chance of winning the title and blew it from a winning position. How on earth can they realistically expect to mount a title challenge from a vastly inferior situation. The mind boggles at their utter arrogance. We really did something to their collective brains when we blew them out of the Scottish cup recently.

If we were third in the SPL. 13 points behind the leaders with a game in hand and still to play the 2 teams above us, I am sure there are some on here would be talking about a title challenge.

southsider
05-03-2016, 10:40 AM
One of their players (Reilly-I know sticks in the gob) said Hertz could win, not challenge, the league within 2 years. Crazy.

sleeping giant
05-03-2016, 10:43 AM
One of their players (Reilly-I know sticks in the gob) said Hertz could win, not challenge, the league within 2 years. Crazy.

What's the point in playing football if you think you can't win the league?
The day I stop believing we will win the league will be the day I give up following football.

Eyrie
05-03-2016, 11:01 AM

He must be confident that Delia is getting another season at Celtc.

Bostonhibby
05-03-2016, 11:21 AM

Reilly himself is going to need to start doing something for that to happen, they never did irony down Gorgie way.

Did he say anything about the Champions League win? or never losing to anyone by five goals, or splitting the Old Firm?

Phil MaGlass
05-03-2016, 12:07 PM
Going on the theme on the other thread, it should maybe be changed to Leveining it.

Waxy
05-03-2016, 01:29 PM
They couldnt hold on to a 2-0 lead in their biggest game of the season against a championship team and they think they can overturn a 13 point difference against Celtic with 10 games left? Jambottlers. Cuckoo ............cuckoo..............cuckoo.

Joe6-2
05-03-2016, 03:31 PM
hearts suffered the ultimate humility on their own hallowed turf. 0-7
that is the benchmark for all-time, not the 2012 cup final.
The financially doped and corrupt organisation that won the scottish cup in 2012 should have it's record extinguished for all-time from the record books. It was the day heart of midlothian fc shamed scottish football, as it demonstrated a club living way beyond its means, run by corrupt eastern europeans, who thought nothing of fleecing a whole swathe of companies and individuals out of £40 million.
Eternal shame and damnation on you, heart of midlothian fc

this!!!!!!!

Joe6-2
05-03-2016, 03:33 PM
If we were third in the SPL. 13 points behind the leaders with a game in hand and still to play the 2 teams above us, I am sure there are some on here would be talking about a title challenge.

Not us 😁!

broondog
05-03-2016, 11:57 PM
they are so so deluded its unreal. title challenge?? incredible stuff from the cheats