PDA

View Full Version : Player Ratings

Hibs90
01-03-2016, 10:52 PM
Oxley 6 - didn't have much to do

Gray 6 - shadow of the player he was last year
McGregor 6 - done ok
Fontaine 5 - poor at goal, none of his headers from corners ever seem to find the target
Stevenson 5 - goes inside too often, poor crossing and makes the wrong choice too often

Bartley 8 - the only player who can be happy with his performance. Absolute machine in the middle of the pitch.
McGinn 6 - not his best game
Henderson 6 - as above
Boyle 5 - didn't offer much

Cummings & Stokes 4 - Jason completely anonymous. Stokes In fairness at least he tried in the second half unlike Cummings. But when are they going to see the Stokes/Cummings partnership just doesn't work. Games like tonight where we missed Malonga up top who can provide a bit of magic now and then.

Subs 3

Somethings not right. Need to change it up. Try a different formation. Use some wingers who get to the byline. Otherwise I fear for us in the playoffs and over the next couple of weeks.

The Harp Awakes
01-03-2016, 11:04 PM
Oxley 6 - didn't have much to do

Gray 6 - shadow of the player he was last year
McGregor 6 - done ok
Fontaine 5 - poor at goal, none of his headers from corners ever seem to find the target
Stevenson 5 - goes inside too often, poor crossing and makes the wrong choice too often

Bartley 8 - the only player who can be happy with his performance. Absolute machine in the middle of the pitch.
McGinn 6 - not his best game
Henderson 6 - as above
Boyle 5 - didn't offer much

Cummings & Stokes 4 - Jason completely anonymous. Stokes In fairness at least he tried in the second half unlike Cummings. But when are they going to see the Stokes/Cummings partnership just doesn't work. Games like tonight where we missed Malonga up top who can provide a bit of magic now and then.

Subs 3

Somethings not right. Need to change it up. Try a different formation. Use some wingers who get to the byline. Otherwise I fear for us in the playoffs and over the next couple of weeks.

Wasn't at the game tonight so can't comment on your ratings, but interesting to note that Derek Ferguson on Sportsound, just before having an orgasm at the QoS goal, mentioned that McGinn was superb and head and shoulders above anyone on the park.

FromTheCapital
01-03-2016, 11:05 PM
Oxley (6) - Nothing to do bar pick the ball out his net.

Gray (5) - Done alright. Delivery was poor.
McGregor (6) - Strong in defence. Won his headers. Decent.
Fontaine (5) - Poor defending for the goal. Misses so many good headed chances for us.
Stevenson (5) - Didn't do much. Like Gray, delivery was stinking.

Bartley (8) - Terrific tonight. Won every tackle and was our stand out by quite some distance.
McGinn (7) - Just edges a 7. Not at his best but he didn't stop all night and was busy throughout.
Henderson (5) - Nothing came off for the lad tonight. Was far too deep at times.

Boyle (5) - Worked hard but his control is rank. That let him down a few times in good areas.
Cummings (5) - A low 5. Stopped working in the 2nd half and was right subbed. Offered nothing.
Stokes (6) - Can't question his attitude tonight. Worked hard and got on the ball as much as possible. Just wasn't his night.

Subs:

Keatings (4) - Couple of nice touches. Otherwise anonymous.
Dagnall (3) - No time so would be unfair to be overly harsh.

Gutted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibs90
01-03-2016, 11:05 PM
I didn't think it was his best game tbh, but I suppose people see things differently. He was probably second to Marvin in terms of a Hibs man of the match.

The Harp Awakes
01-03-2016, 11:17 PM
Glad to see Stokes commended for effort again. I've seen him in most of the games he's played and he's certainly worked hard. The problem is we need him to score goals pronto and take the pressure off Cummings.

If he keeps working hard the goals will come, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Baldy Foghorn
02-03-2016, 01:20 AM
Marvin was MOTM by a country mile..............

Libby Hibby
02-03-2016, 04:58 AM
Cummings and Stokes simply can't play together on current form.

Play somebody like Dagnal or Alagui to partner one of them and stick with it for a while.

CorrieHibs
02-03-2016, 05:52 AM
Stubbs will be forced to play stokes and another on Sunday. Personally I hope it's Farid.

hibsbollah
02-03-2016, 06:11 AM
Oxley 5

Gray 4 one great challenge first half, distribution dreadful.
Fontaine 6
McGregor 6
Stevenson 4
Bartley 8
McGinn 6
Henderson 6
Boyle 6
Stokes 6
Cummings 5.

lumbo_hfc
02-03-2016, 02:16 PM
Stubbs will be forced to play stokes and another on Sunday. Personally I hope it's Farid.

Think he might go with the same formation on Sunday as last night, stokes left, Boyle right, Farid in the middle.

Bartley our man of the match by a distance. Thought McGregor never really put a foot wrong either. McGinn looked good in a the first half, took a few heavy challenges and was out on his feet near the end, Henderson aswell!

Stokes looked better, has class on the ball. Never gonna run 40 yards with the ball and why (in the first half especially) long balls were directed towards him, I don't know.

The less said about Cummings the better...