PDA

View Full Version : "Hibsing it"

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 10:37 PM
I hate to be so negative but I'm absolutely devastated by tonight. Are we really on the verge of trulying destroying the bond and hard-work done by the fans and the club over the past year in true, incredible Hibs fashion?

No Cummings on Sunday...... Who the hell is going to score?!

Pete
01-03-2016, 10:40 PM
You can bolt with your wee jamboish catchphrases.

SlickShoes
01-03-2016, 10:40 PM
Seen situations like this man times in my 30 odd years of watching hibs, you'd think we as fans would be immune to it by now but naw.

Just hope the players can lift themselves for the next two games, a home cup tie and a cup final infront of 30k fans, good performances will win many over, get beat in both and many casual fans will be turned away again.

mca
01-03-2016, 10:41 PM
Got to admit - Something Feels Wrong..

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 10:42 PM

Jamboish? That's the last thing I'll ever be so you can bolt with that.

Bob1875
01-03-2016, 10:43 PM

It may be a 'jamboish' phrase but it's f ing true!

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2016, 10:47 PM
Reading that slaver Jackson is bad enough without regurgitating his catch phrases.
He can get the cigar and slippers out tho his job is done once Hibees start spreading his muck.

Either way as NWA sang "Don't believe the hype".

We need to dig it out. Yogi will know how to play us. The support will need to take it "one more time unto the breach" as we've repeatedly done over the years. It wouldn't be Hibs if our patience wasn't tested... We needs a quick goal but ICT will likely soak things up for 20 mins... It will be the biggest test of our mettle this season thus far.

Onceinawhile
01-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Reading that slaver Jackson is bad enough without regurgitating his catch phrases.
He can get the cigar and slippers out tho his job is done once Hibees start spreading his muck.

Either way as NWA sang "Don't believe the hype".

We need to dig it out. Yogi will know how to play us. The support will need to take it "one more time unto the breach" as we've repeatedly done over the years. It wouldn't be Hibs if our patience wasn't tested... We needs a quick goal but ICT will likely soak things up for 20 mins... It will be the biggest test of our mettle this season thus far.

Ffs

Public enemy sang don't believe the hype!!

Pete
01-03-2016, 10:49 PM
Jamboish? That's the last thing I'll ever be so you can bolt with that.

So why are you coming out with phrases like "hibsing it"?

There are enough outsiders giving us stupid unjustified labels like "bottlers" and using terms like "the hibs way" without so called hibs fans doing it too.

It's a nice wee "look at me" thread title and guaranteed to get a few laughs so you've probably achieved your aim.

seanshow
01-03-2016, 10:51 PM
nonsense, Get this thread locked or deleted

The Harp Awakes
01-03-2016, 10:51 PM
I hate to be so negative but I'm absolutely devastated by tonight. Are we really on the verge of trulying destroying the bond and hard-work done by the fans and the club over the past year in true, incredible Hibs fashion?

I'd go with El Alagui and Boyle up front. Might just catch ICT off guard and produce goals.

By the way, as much as the last 3 results have been shocking, we haven't bottled anything............yet. If we get pumped in the 2 Cups then fair enough, but I suspect we may see a very different Hibs team, performance and result come Sunday. If we win that game, the confidence will be back for the Cup Final.

Pete
01-03-2016, 10:52 PM

Where were all these wee "let's all laugh at hibs" catchphrases when we were good?

Hibernia&Alba
01-03-2016, 10:55 PM

It probably is, but let's not use it ourselves. It's a phrase the Yams love. The last three results haven't been good enough, but we're in three competitions and haven't 'Hibsed' anything yet.

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 10:55 PM
So why are you coming out with phrases like "hibsing it"?

There are enough outsiders giving us stupid unjustified labels like "bottlers" and using terms like "the hibs way" without so called hibs fans doing it too.

It's a nice wee "look at me" thread title and guaranteed to get a few laughs so you've probably achieved your aim.

Maybe it's because I'm fed up of having to be ridiculed all over social media by other clubs supporters because we are being laughed at again!

Is it too much to ask just for once for the club to go and actually win something that matters!

I will take this all back gladly if we win the league cup (which I think we will) but on the other hand there is an all to familiar storyline unfolding here.

How would you prefer the thread was titled since you've been offended so deeply? I put this up to have a reasoned discussion. This is why so many people don't bother posting because you end up with people like you verbally attacking hurting supporters accusing them of not being fans.

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 10:57 PM
I've no idea how to change the title so if it's a problem then the admin can amend or delete as they wish. Last time I try and discuss anything on here.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2016, 10:58 PM
Ffs

Public enemy sang don't believe the hype!!

Hardly crime of the century - like poor grammar.

Hi Heid Yin
01-03-2016, 11:00 PM
The phrase "hibsing it" irritates me no end. But pardon me if I was not mistaken in seeing the greatest demonstration of "bottling it" by any team, anywhere, any time, by The Jambos in 1986 at Dens Park? Let's start using the phrase "Jambo-ing it" and referring our Gorgie chums to that fateful day every time they or any one else dares to use "Hibsing-it"

Famous Fyvie
01-03-2016, 11:00 PM
The 'Hibsing' it label is part of the same sort of mentality that damages Scottish football. Nobody willing to praise anybody else, everybody waiting for each other to slip up. Absolute tribalism that gets in the heads of the young, developing players. Who cares how well you play if you can kick lumps out of a side and win 1-0, eh?

Hibernia&Alba
01-03-2016, 11:01 PM
I've no idea how to change the title so if it's a problem then the admin can amend or delete as they wish. Last time I try and discuss anything on here.

Ach, think it's just a timing thing, GA. We're all still crabbit :wink:

DaveF
01-03-2016, 11:02 PM

You can change it (think you double click next to the title) or close it yourself if you feel you have to. I'm not being your lackey :greengrin

Pete
01-03-2016, 11:03 PM
Maybe it's because I'm fed up of having to be ridiculed all over social media by other clubs supporters because we are being laughed at again!

Is it too much to ask just for once for the club to go and actually win something that matters!

I will take this all back gladly if we win the league cup (which I think we will) but on the other hand there is an all to familiar storyline unfolding here.

How would you prefer the thread was titled since you've been offended so deeply? I put this up to have a reasoned discussion. This is why so many people don't bother posting because you end up with people like you verbally attacking hurting supporters accusing them of not being fans.

So your response to being laughed at on social media is to start a thread with an insult that gets constantly flung at hibs, on social media of all places?

:aok:

matty_f
01-03-2016, 11:03 PM

Ffs dinnae greet!! :greengrin

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 11:04 PM
You can change it (think you double click next to the title) or close it yourself if you feel you have to. I'm not being your lackey :greengrin

Can I do that on a phone?

matty_f
01-03-2016, 11:05 PM

It's tricky to keep your balance, but aye.

DaveF
01-03-2016, 11:07 PM

Pass. I suggest you ignore the grief and just crack on. everyone is a bit raw just now :greengrin

Real Emerald
01-03-2016, 11:07 PM

We're still in the same position as we were 6 days ago despite losing three games, which is quite an incredible thing to happen after the run of games without defeat we've had. I'm so hurt, angry, not surprised, emabarrassed etc. etc. etc. as the next person and wondering why we put ourselves through this....are we cursed? BUT, we need to remember we are still in the same position, in the league cup final, the SC quarters and still have a great chance of promotion. The last thing the fans need to do is panic, although I think I'm trying to convince myself rather than you to be honest :confused:

We need to be strong as this is exactly the time the players need us and you can always tell the winners by how they deal with defeat. Let the fans show the players we can put it behind us and support them to be winners. :thumbsup:

NAE NOOKIE
01-03-2016, 11:16 PM
The phrase is a tad Yammish, but the guy has a point ..... we are in a run of results that's hard to fathom given that they have come on the back of beating two top 6 premier teams in huge games, which should have had our confidence at an all time high.

Instead all of a sudden we are going into two more huge games with suspensions and injuries piling up and a dramatic loss of form .... ICT are no mugs and even without the last 3 results beating them was going to be a big task .. as things stand its not going to be the end of the world if we don't, we have far bigger fish to fry and in all honesty finishing 2nd in the league is far more important in the context of our season than progress in the Scottish cup.

But .... it will be a real shame if the injuries and loss of form turn the League cup final into a damp squib, which at this moment in time is stating to look ominously possible.

Its no bloody easy being a Hibby ..... sigh !!! :dummytit:

Mikey09
01-03-2016, 11:17 PM
We're still in the same position as we were 6 days ago despite losing three games, which is quite an incredible thing to happen after the run of games without defeat we've had. I'm so hurt, angry, not surprised, emabarrassed etc. etc. etc. as the next person and wondering why we put ourselves through this....are we cursed? BUT, we need to remember we are still in the same position, in the league cup final, the SC quarters and still have a great chance of promotion. The last thing the fans need to do is panic, although I think I'm trying to convince myself rather than you to be honest :confused:

We need to be strong as this is exactly the time the players need us and you can always tell the winners by how they deal with defeat. Let the fans show the players we can put it behind us and support them to be winners. :thumbsup:

Spot on mate. After 3 horrible results, which makes them seem worse after ramming it up the yams twice in a week, we are still in 2nd place. However!! We must arrest this now. It's probably a good thing we have 2 huge cup games before we get back to leagu business and we must make sure we get back to winning ways and are taking chances when our league campaign begins again.

Stokesy's on fire
01-03-2016, 11:18 PM

What a horrible thread title!!! Jambos make up a word to insult is then we use into describe us!!

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 11:19 PM
What a horrible thread title!!! Jambos make up a word to insult is then we use into describe us!!

What a horrible week.

Stokesy's on fire
01-03-2016, 11:21 PM
What a horrible week.

Correct

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2016, 11:22 PM

To be fair the yams can't really take the credit for that - it was a couple of chimpanzees trying to type out some Shakespeare. Tradgedy

lord bunberry
01-03-2016, 11:33 PM
Why would a hibs fan use the term hibsing it? Is this the level we've sunk to after a bad run of results :rolleyes:. Far too many people have given up on this season, I hope to **** the manager and players aren't thinking the same way.

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 11:37 PM
Why would a hibs fan use the term hibsing it? Is this the level we've sunk to after a bad run of results :rolleyes:. Far too many people have given up on this season, I hope to **** the manager and players aren't thinking the same way.

I'm angry because we have been challenging for the league all season and when it really matters we have just tossed it away. That's why.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
01-03-2016, 11:41 PM
It's a roller coaster!

JJP
01-03-2016, 11:43 PM
I'm angry because we have been challenging for the league all season and when it really matters we have just tossed it away. That's why.

Which of us isn't angry or upset? But you're the only one using that phrase. What reaction did you expect?

Pete
01-03-2016, 11:50 PM
156 guests.

Bottlers 2 Hibs 2

Hibs 1 Bottlers 0

lord bunberry
01-03-2016, 11:50 PM
I'm not disputing that you're angry, it's the unfortunate use of that phrase that I don't understand. It's a phrase used by others to mock us, we shouldn't be encouraging it's use IMO.

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 11:52 PM
It was done spur of the moment as we get kicked in the stomach again. It seems I have no ability to edit the thread title so please do carry on folks....

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-03-2016, 12:03 AM
It was done spur of the moment as we get kicked in the stomach again. It seems I have no ability to edit the thread title so please do carry on folks....

Wouldnae worry about it. Simple way to reverse the Hibsing tag would be a couple of back to back BIG wins.

Step up Stubbsy and the boys. :agree: