PDA

View Full Version : Stats

Sas_The_Hibby
01-03-2016, 10:06 PM
Last three games, according to BBC stats, we've had 47 shots (2goals). Our opponents have had 21 shots (7 goals).

8 strikers and we can only score one goal in every 23 shots........

DaveF
01-03-2016, 11:54 PM
Last three games, according to BBC stats, we've had 47 shots (2goals). Our opponents have had 21 shots (7 goals).

8 strikers and we can only score one goal in every 23 shots........

That's grim. When I coached my son's rubbish 7's team they had a better strike rate than that :greengrin

matty_f
02-03-2016, 12:01 AM
Grim reading. Outlr finishing has been honking recently. If we're not missing open goals, we're trying to
walk the ****ing thing into the net, or we're skying shots from distance.

DaveF
02-03-2016, 12:05 AM
Grim reading. Outlr finishing has been honking recently. If we're not missing open goals, we're trying to
walk the ****ing thing into the net, or we're skying shots from distance.

Training this week should consist of Fontaine aiming wide of the goal when going for a header and they might go in. And buy a set of 30ft high goals so Stokes and Dagnall can actually hit the net with some shots :greengrin

Bobo
02-03-2016, 07:41 AM
How many games in the last two seasons have we conceded the first or only shot on target from our opponents?

Oxley and our defence are really pretty rank average considering the standard of league we are in and they are nowhere near good enough for the SPL should we scrape promotion via the play-offs. Our defensive fragility has proved to be very damaging due to our overall inability to convert a decent percentage of the chances we create in matches.

It's sad to say but we are in the league that we are because we just aren't good enough! The players' mindsets may have improved since Butcher was punted but the overall mentality is still far too frail for my liking. We continue to show every opponents far too much respect and tip toe around them instead of going for the jugular and sweeping them aside.

Attitude is everything and ours seems to come and go far too easily, it really is farcical that we are potentially facing a 3rd season in a row out of top flight football. In my opinion it's totally unacceptable but sadly not surprising that we find ourselves in this situation and that there are still so many who are willing to happily accept mediocrity. :rolleyes:

Oscar T Grouch
02-03-2016, 12:14 PM
How many games in the last two seasons have we conceded the first or only shot on target from our opponents?

Oxley and our defence are really pretty rank average considering the standard of league we are in and they are nowhere near good enough for the SPL should we scrape promotion via the play-offs. Our defensive fragility has proved to be very damaging due to our overall inability to convert a decent percentage of the chances we create in matches.

It's sad to say but we are in the league that we are because we just aren't good enough! The players' mindsets may have improved since Butcher was punted but the overall mentality is still far too frail for my liking. We continue to show every opponents far too much respect and tip toe around them instead of going for the jugular and sweeping them aside.

Attitude is everything and ours seems to come and go far too easily, it really is farcical that we are potentially facing a 3rd season in a row out of top flight football. In my opinion it's totally unacceptable but sadly not surprising that we find ourselves in this situation and that there are still so many who are willing to happily accept mediocrity. :rolleyes:

Apart from the times when they were clearly good enough against SPL opponents. We are in no different position than we were two weeks ago, we are still looking at a 2nd place finish in the league, we are still in a cup final and we play ICT in the quarters of the Scottish on Sunday. The last three games have been rubbish, but it does not take away from what we have done this season so far.

HappyHanlon
02-03-2016, 12:30 PM
That makes grim reading.

Alfred E Newman
02-03-2016, 12:36 PM
Apart from the times when they were clearly good enough against SPL opponents. We are in no different position than we were two weeks ago, we are still looking at a 2nd place finish in the league, we are still in a cup final and we play ICT in the quarters of the Scottish on Sunday. The last three games have been rubbish, but it does not take away from what we have done this season so far.

Two weeks ago we were still had an outside chance of winning the league and second spot looked secure. Now we have no chance of winning the league and are neck and neck with Falkirk and dropping to third this weekend a strong possibility . How is that no different?

duffers
02-03-2016, 12:38 PM

Without sounding too negative as I agree with most of what you are saying, We have done nothing this season. Big 2 games ahead. I just wish we were going into them on the back of wins rather than 3 losses

Bad Martini
02-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Stats. ****ing wonderful things they are.

Here's some more.

January.
Played 5 games.
Beat St Johnstone, St Mirren, Raith Rovers (twice) and took a draw with Falkirk. 5 games. 4 wins. 1 draw. No loss.

February.
Played 7 games.
Beat Morton, Hearts and Alloa. Drew with Hearts and Livingston (both away) and lost to Morton and Dumbarton which frankly, is pish. However...
7 played, 3 wins, 2 draws, 2 loses.

March.
Played 1 game.
Lost to QOTS. Have cup game this week and next week, one being a final where we by definition got there on merit.

Yes, the LAST three games have been ****, results matter and its bollocks. True. Some other points; Malonga was no hero and regularly didn't play. Equally, I didn't want Stokes in the team and til he shows otherwise, the jury is out. In addition, we've been skelped with a major injury in Hanlon and our most reliable player is NOT on top form (on whom we place all our hopes, up front incidentally just like we did with Sparky).

I would suggest we look at this in the round. If we lose the next two games, I agree **** has hit the fan and we're in some real trouble. However, you CANNOT dismiss an entire season that see's us second in the league, consistenly playing well, sculpting the mutants out the cup and reaching a cup final as a failure YET surely???

Unless you are a perennially sour faced ******* with nothing better to do?

GGTTH YA BASS.

ENDOF

Hibs1992
02-03-2016, 01:07 PM
We have failed to score enough goals for most of the season.

I believe it is a systematic problem as Stubbs favoured diamond formation makes us very narrow and we struggle to get in behind defences or get crosses in from near the byline.

Lots of nice touches and interplay but almost always played in front of defence's without any real penetration. Hearts (last season) and Rangers have shown the way to do it. Play a wide 4-4-2 with speedy wide players and get right at teams from the offset.

We have fared better against side's that open up against us but that is not going to happen week in week out in this league as most teams are happy tot sit back and force us to try and break them down.

We have got away with it up until recently because we have defended well ourselves but now we are leaking goals and are still struggling to score goals.

Inverness, Ross County and Falkirk (our likely play off rivals) are all well organised teams that we will struggle to break down unless we have a change in tactic and tempo. If Stubbs doesn't fix this problem I fear we will end up with nothing to show for this season.

Oscar T Grouch
02-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Two weeks ago we were still had an outside chance of winning the league and second spot looked secure. Now we have no chance of winning the league and are neck and neck with Falkirk and dropping to third this weekend a strong possibility . How is that no different?

Realistically we had no chance of winning the league, it was nice to get close to the huns, given their budget against ours, but there is no difference. 3 loses does not change where we are, it takes the shine off what has been a great run of results for us, but we are still 2nd (if Falkirk do go ahead of us, we will have games in hand), we are in a final and we are about to go toe to toe for a chance to visit Hampden again this season. While 3 defeats is cr@p, it isn't the end of our season, we have not failed, we are imho a better team than last year. There is a lot of football to be played yet, and given our form over the season this blip will turn out to be just that, a blip on a great season for us. But hey, I'm a glass full kinda guy