PDA

View Full Version : freefall?

familyman
01-03-2016, 09:56 PM
The league is a priority....what rubbish, another loss tonight, no points out of 9...
Malonga is gone, what do we do now? Loss of concentration given as a reason...is that acceptable?
Trust the players ..hmm...not me sorry, same old same old.
very sad.
We need to buck up but we need someone to step forward and lead by example as clearly we lack a John Hughes (type of player in his day)
I hope I am totally wrong.

givescotlandfreedom
01-03-2016, 09:58 PM
We were comfortably the better side tonight and they scored with their only chance. Tonight was bad luck and a big improvement on the last two games.

Frazerbob
01-03-2016, 09:58 PM
The league is a priority....what rubbish, another loss tonight, no points out of 9...
Malonga is gone, what do we do now? Loss of concentration given as a reason...is that acceptable?
very sad.
We need to buck up but we need someone to step forward and lead by example as clearly we lack a John Hughes (type of player in his day)

You mean John Hughes who captained us to relegation?

Hibernia&Alba
01-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Consecutive defeats against Morton, Dumbarton and Queen of The South in the second tier of Scottish football just isn't on, but it's still all there to play for, so I wouldn't use a term like freefall yet. However, we need to turn this around sharpish, before it becomes a real mess. Finishing second is essential now.

Pretty Boy
01-03-2016, 10:05 PM
We were comfortably the better side tonight and they scored with their only chance. Tonight was bad luck and a big improvement on the last two games.

That would be a great comfort if I hadn't read numerous variations on it about 15 times in the last 2 seasons.

Northern Hibby
01-03-2016, 10:08 PM
Dagnall+Stokes-Malonga = our situation

kaimendhibs
01-03-2016, 11:40 PM

I agree. Didn't deserve to lose that game at all. Just didn't go our way.

Michael
01-03-2016, 11:44 PM
Every team has bad spells, but the good teams find a way out and put another strong run together. This is a new test for Stubbs and the players.

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 11:48 PM
Every team has bad spells, but the good teams find a way out and put another strong run together. This is a new test for Stubbs and the players.

Good way of looking at it. I genuinely don't think we will play like this on Sunday or in the cup final but as I said on another thread we need a striker to hit form immediately with Cummings being out of Sunday.

Viva_Palmeiras
01-03-2016, 11:51 PM
very sad.

Why has the frequency of "I hope I'm wrong" increased of late?
We were doing so well...

02-03-2016, 01:23 AM
Been a big fan of Stubbs ability to build our current squad but some of the recent transactions I feel have knocked the balance of the team out up top.

Malonga - for all he had his critics had an effective partnership with JC and delivered valuable goals.
Dagnell, sorry don't see what he offers the current squad. Stokes, a player I'd rather wasn't at Easter Rd for non football reasons, doesn't seem to be gelling with JC. Malonga going broke up a partnership that was delivering.

With JC suspended on Sunday this will force us into a change up top - we have no shortage of strikers so the managers task is to come up with a partnership or formation that will get goals and quick.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-03-2016, 01:30 AM
very sad.

Couple of wins and it'll be cushty.

Even a poor hertz side managed to beat the Caley. Relax.

Stokesy's on fire
02-03-2016, 01:49 AM
We miss Malonga hugely

Steve20
02-03-2016, 07:18 AM
Couple of wins and it'll be cushty.

Even a poor hertz side managed to beat the Caley. Relax.

How exactly will it be cushty? When we win those games, are Rangers also losing about 5 games? Because promotion was the aim and winning the league was the only way to guarantee that.

I'm looking forward to the cup games and I think we might sneak the cup final next week, but promotion is very unlikely now, as this team won't get through 4/6 games.

3pm
02-03-2016, 07:22 AM
We miss Malonga hugely

We didn't miss him when we beat Hearts and St Johnstone.

blackpoolhibs
02-03-2016, 07:22 AM
Too slow as usual and much easier to defend against than Sevco who use pace and stretch teams down both sides.

Hibernian Ponderous FC should be our name, its been that way for a long time now.

3pm
02-03-2016, 07:38 AM
Too slow as usual and much easier to defend against than Sevco who use pace and stretch teams down both sides.

Hibernian Ponderous FC should be our name, its been that way for a long time now.

For me, another issue is the number of goals we get from midfield. It's been a poor return over the last two seasons. You could actually throw the defence in there as well.

There is an over reliance on Jason Cummings.

greenpaper55
02-03-2016, 07:53 AM
If we end up 3 years in this division then that would be a disaster, it's obvious that we can raise our game in a one off situation like cup ties but the weekly grind of the league has been to much for our squad. When we were relegated last time we built a team of quality which had a few players that were still playing for their country at the top level(Mixu, Latapy) , the board have not done this, the board that got us relegated. Until cash is splashed by our owners we will be amongst the also rans until we eventually win a weaker league than we have at the moment, don't hold your breath.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2016, 08:01 AM
We didn't miss him when we beat Hearts and St Johnstone.We did miss him against Hearts, the ball spend 45 minutes in our half, that doesn't happen with Malonga up top.

lucky
02-03-2016, 08:10 AM
We miss Malonga hugely

That's a myth, Malonga hardly scored this season and was not a regularly. No player in the last two seasons has spilt the support like him. Yes he had wonderful skill but he played in flashes and was never consistent enough

Borderhibbie76
02-03-2016, 08:10 AM
Good way of looking at it. I genuinely don't think we will play like this on Sunday or in the cup final but as I said on another thread we need a striker to hit form immediately with Cummings being out of Sunday.
Mate even Cummings has been honking the last few matches...he was horrendous last night. His 1st touch is like a pass...he is nowhere near ready to play at a higher level imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Heisenberg
02-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Stubbs says we've been unlucky and the last three games could've easily ended up with the opposite result. Well they didn't Alan. Time to step up and show that you're a good manager instead of once again blaming bad luck for us being miles off the pace at the top of the league.

spike220
02-03-2016, 08:17 AM

I wonder if Carmichael could help us???

Andy74
02-03-2016, 08:18 AM
That's a myth, Malonga hardly scored this season and was not a regularly. No player in the last two seasons has spilt the support like him. Yes he had wonderful skill but he played in flashes and was never consistent enough

No,what you've said is the myth bit. One of best players we have had for years. His overall scoring record was good and he had been in better scoring form when we let him go. He got some important goals when it didn't look like we were getting anything.

His overall record compared to Dagnall and Stokes for example shows he was doing well enough on that front.

He was about more than scoring goals though. We don't have anyone else with his touch and ability to hold up and create things.

As someone mentioned last week the way we have regressed now to playing without him in the squad is much about the way we were playing before he arrived.

Ronniekirk
02-03-2016, 08:21 AM

Well there is no doubt that Stubbs has plenty to ponder over in the next few weeks He has to find a way to stop the rot

This is the worst time to have Key players missing through injury and suspension .when we have also lost form and aren't scoring .

Dagnal hasn't scored at this level which is presumably why he has been dropped . He has had chances But his record is only one in three but at this level he should of got off his mark by now and that is a concern
Stokes is a proven scorer all be it lacking match fitness and games when he arrived and am sure Stubbs would of expected a better return from him by now
Keating s is proven scorer at this level but is in middle of a long drought and not playing regularly

Cummings was always going to go through a sticky patch at some point ,but he will come through that .But when he doesn't score it makes it clear how much we rely on him .

Farid can't be rushed back too quickly in case he breaks down again but it's clear we do need him fit and he will score goals .

But Stubbs has decisions to make to get our season back on track

Mcgeouch being in and out team with injury isn't helping matters ieither .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 08:22 AM
No,what you've said is the myth bit. One of best players we have had for years. His overall scoring record was good and he had been in better scoring form when we let him go. He got some important goals when it didn't look like we were getting anything.

His overall record compared to Dagnall and Stokes for example shows he was doing well enough on that front.

He was about more than scoring goals though. We don't have anyone else with his touch and ability to hold up and create things.

As someone mentioned last week the way we have regressed now to playing without him in the squad is much about the way we were playing before he arrived.

We didn't let him go, he left us after being honest enough to say he didn't want to play in Scotland anymore. He's got a young kid and wife who didn't enjoy life here.

Hibs knowing he was gone in the summer anyway lined up Stokes who almost everyone wanted as a replacement and so far he's not hit the ground running. But he's scored 2 and Dom only got something like 5 league goals so to say he hit form isn't really true!

Does that mean Stokes hit form when he arrived.

Dom is gone, he wanted out let's move on because as much as I liked him and think he'd have helped us get up and win the cup he was prone to having some real shockers let's not pretend he didn't.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 08:26 AM
How exactly will it be cushty? When we win those games, are Rangers also losing about 5 games? Because promotion was the aim and winning the league was the only way to guarantee that.

I'm looking forward to the cup games and I think we might sneak the cup final next week, but promotion is very unlikely now, as this team won't get through 4/6 games.

We have turned up against teams in the Prem so we can beat anyone on our day. I'm confident we will go up.

B.H.F.C

Andy you'd have us believe he was Pele.

He wasn't even in the team every week and had 6 goals this season. Over the last week he wouldn't have made a great deal of difference when we've chucked goals in at the other end of the pitch. We've struggled to score goals all season, with and without Malonga. The difference is that we kept a lot of clean sheets and sneaked games which we aren't doing now.

Ronniekirk
I wonder if Carmichael could help us???

Given his goal against Alloa and the fact he knew the pitch at Queen of the South I would of thought he had a part to,play last night but clearly Stubbs didn't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy74
02-03-2016, 08:28 AM
We didn't let him go, he left us after being honest enough to say he didn't want to play in Scotland anymore. He's got a young kid and wife who didn't enjoy life here.

Hibs knowing he was gone in the summer anyway lined up Stokes who almost everyone wanted as a replacement and so far he's not hit the ground running. But he's scored 2 and Dom only got something like 5 league goals so to say he hit form isn't really true!

Does that mean Stokes hit form when he arrived.

Dom is gone, he wanted out let's move on because as much as I liked him and think he'd have helped us get up and win the cup he was prone to having some real shockers let's not pretend he didn't.

Dom is gone but that decision can be discussed as it is pretty key to what is happening now.

Of course we let him go. He was under contract. His family could have waited 6 months.

Stubbs made a football decision that we had better with Dagnall and Stokes coming in. He was wrong.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 08:35 AM
Dom is gone but that decision can be discussed as it is pretty key to what is happening now.

Of course we let him go. He was under contract. His family could have waited 6 months.

Stubbs made a football decision that we had better with Dagnall and Stokes coming in. He was wrong.

How was he wrong?

We weren't top when Dom left Andy, we have beat Hearts and Saints without him. We are still looking to go up via play offs. Surely until all these matters are settled that's when you could say it's wrong.

If Stokes scores a hat trick in the cup final will we have folk saying "but Dom would score 5" let's just wait and see before tagging a proven scorer like Stokes as a failure.

Doms personal life may have been far more complicated than them just sitting until the summer. A young girl with a young child who's isn't happy being told to wait another 5 months. Sorry but Stubbs isn't to blame here. He's got many issues but the Dom situation is all Dom.

I'm_cabbaged
02-03-2016, 08:35 AM
We have turned up against teams in the Prem so we can beat anyone on our day. I'm confident we will go up.

I'm afraid of our confidence being shot to pieces by the time the play offs come.

paddy1875
02-03-2016, 08:38 AM
Dom is gone but that decision can be discussed as it is pretty key to what is happening now. Of course we let him go. He was under contract. His family could have waited 6 months. Stubbs made a football decision that we had better with Dagnall and Stokes coming in. He was wrong.

I have to agree, letting Dom leave in the middle of a title race was a bit strange from hibs. I'll admit that getting stokes in I thought we wouldn't miss him much but looking back now we should've kept him. Be was always calm and laid back playing so I assume he was like that in training as well. Bringing calm to the team (not to us in the stands at times I must admit). A touch of class and composure that we sorely miss now.

1987kev
02-03-2016, 08:39 AM
King Dom was a good footballer which was good for the team. The diamond midfield doesn't work when teams sit in mainly because the full backs are not quick enough or cant take on players there is no real playmaker in the team say what you want about Scott Allan the laddie was a player with creative which we lack. Up front jase and stokes don't click dagnal and keatings lack confidence and can farid stay fit.

If we don't go up will have rebuild the squad again likely to leave.

Jason Cummings
Paul Halon
Stokes
Henderson
Gunnerson
Dagnal
Farid

We seriously don't go up this year Stubbs gets 1 more year for me to get it right.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 08:43 AM
I have to agree, letting Dom leave in the middle of a title race was a bit strange from hibs. I'll admit that getting stokes in I thought we wouldn't miss him much but looking back now we should've kept him. Be was always calm and laid back playing so I assume he was like that in training as well. Bringing calm to the team (not to us in the stands at times I must admit). A touch of class and composure that we sorely miss now.

We defo miss him, Dom was fantastic at holding the ball up and yeah in an ideal would he wouldn't want to have left us.

Thecat23
02-03-2016, 08:44 AM
I'm afraid of our confidence being shot to pieces by the time the play offs come.

It's a worry, but if we win the cup or even beat ICT the confidence will return. Lose those games then the pressure is really on and I'd be worried myself.

Heisenberg
02-03-2016, 08:45 AM
King Dom was a good footballer which was good for the team. The diamond midfield doesn't work when teams sit in mainly because the full backs are not quick enough or cant take on players there is no real playmaker in the team say what you want about Scott Allan the laddie was a player with creative which we lack. Up front jase and stokes don't click dagnal and keatings lack confidence and can farid stay fit.

If we don't go up will have rebuild the squad again likely to leave.

Jason Cummings
Paul Halon
Stokes
Henderson
Gunnerson
Dagnal
Farid

We seriously don't go up this year Stubbs gets 1 more year for me to get it right.

Why does he get one more year though? If we finish this season with nothing to show for it and no cups then his time is up for me. 4 wins in 10 championship games. That's an absolutely horrendous run of form in a truly woeful league. He's learned nothing from last season when it comes to regularly beating and breaking down teams in this division.

chrisski33
02-03-2016, 08:50 AM
It's a worry, but if we win the cup or even beat ICT the confidence will return. Lose those games then the pressure is really on and I'd be worried myself.

Why we beat hearts and celebrated like it was a cup final now we are in freefall. If anything that win gave us too much confidence and look where we are now, we cant even beat morton, qos or dumbarton.

1987kev
02-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Why does he get one more year though? If we finish this season with nothing to show for it and no cups then his time is up for me. 4 wins in 10 championship games. That's an absolutely horrendous run of form in a truly woeful league. He's learned nothing from last season when it comes to regularly beating and breaking down teams in this division.

I was saying that thinking we will win the lc but if we don't a cup and don't go up then serious he would have to go.

Spike Mandela
02-03-2016, 09:06 AM
Why we beat hearts and celebrated like it was a cup final now we are in freefall. If anything that win gave us too much confidence and look where we are now, we cant even beat morton, qos or dumbarton.

We celebrated like we'd ****ed the Hearts because we had.:cb

Our season may be stuttering a bit but their season was ended that night and we should always enjoy these moments.

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 09:24 AM
Only at the seasons conclusion will we be able to look back at the seasons events (movements, transfers, injuries, loss of form, results) and have a clearer picture of what and who impacted most/least. Should our boys go on to achieve promotion, will Malonga's loss be viewed in the same light?

JimBHibees
02-03-2016, 09:27 AM
You mean John Hughes who captained us to relegation?

:not worth :faf:

SlickShoes
02-03-2016, 09:34 AM
All any team needs to do against hibs now is, defend with all of their will and hope to get the odd breakaway with a chance to score.

We can't break teams down that do this and we are always likely to lose the odd goal so for most teams this is a recipe for victory.

I honestly thought things had changed when we played Alloa and soundly beat them with a different formation and some fast attacking play, but once again we have reverted to passing the ball about the midfield with 0 penetration, the wing backs are not good enough at being wing backs just now so we have no outlet at all.

If Inverness and Ross Co coaches have a brain cell between them they will be making their teams hard to beat and hit us on the break, if they come out and play an open game then they will play into Alan Stubbs main and seemingly only tactic and we may actually win the games.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2016, 09:46 AM
All any team needs to do against hibs now is, defend with all of their will and hope to get the odd breakaway with a chance to score.

We can't break teams down that do this and we are always likely to lose the odd goal so for most teams this is a recipe for victory.

I honestly thought things had changed when we played Alloa and soundly beat them with a different formation and some fast attacking play, but once again we have reverted to passing the ball about the midfield with 0 penetration, the wing backs are not good enough at being wing backs just now so we have no outlet at all.

If Inverness and Ross Co coaches have a brain cell between them they will be making their teams hard to beat and hit us on the break, if they come out and play an open game then they will play into Alan Stubbs main and seemingly only tactic and we may actually win the games.You realize we break teams down just fine, we just miss the chances we create? Not breaking teams down and not being clinical are very different things.

easty
02-03-2016, 09:53 AM
You realize we break teams down just fine, we just miss the chances we create? Not breaking teams down and not being clinical are very different things.

Exactly.

It's not the way that we're set up that causes us to lose cheap goals from the few chances the opposition are getting, it's mistakes, mistakes we need to cut out. It's not the tactic that's at fault for us failing to convert the numerous chances that we're creating either.

Andy74
02-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Only at the seasons conclusion will we be able to look back at the seasons events (movements, transfers, injuries, loss of form, results) and have a clearer picture of what and who impacted most/least. Should our boys go on to achieve promotion, will Malonga's loss be viewed in the same light?

I would think most of the analysis will then drop away. We are out of the running for automatic promotion now though. I'm not sure that would have been the case if we hadn't made the changes we did around January.

HappyHanlon
02-03-2016, 11:54 AM

True but I'm worried it'll be Falkirk we'll struggle against.

Andy74
02-03-2016, 11:55 AM
You realize we break teams down just fine, we just miss the chances we create? Not breaking teams down and not being clinical are very different things.

Not sure that's the case -we break teams down in a certain way and a lot of our chances are fairly speculative or not clear cut.

We don't get a lot of inspiration or creative moments out of anyone just now really.

Andy.1875
02-03-2016, 11:59 AM

The ay things are it uor first game I the play offs may not be Falkirk.
Possibly have to play Raith or QOS first.

Lago
02-03-2016, 12:08 PM
Simply teams have analyised Hibs type of play and have worked out how to combat it.

Franck Stanton
02-03-2016, 12:10 PM

Really ? Can you please remind me the last time Falkirk beat us in the league ? Not a dig by the way , - serious question. Personally I have no fears about promotion, we will win play-offs, should that be from 2nd/3rd or even 4th in this crappy league who cares - it's the end result that matters. Have faith SUPPORT the team.

Lago
02-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Really ? Can you please remind me the last time Falkirk beat us in the league ? Not a dig by the way , - serious question. Personally I have no fears about promotion, we will win play-offs, should that be from 2nd/3rd or even 4th in this crappy league who cares - it's the end result that matters. Have faith SUPPORT the team.
What ever it is your on can you pass it onto the hibs players, they need a boost.:greengrin

HappyHanlon
02-03-2016, 12:19 PM

True but in the 8 games we've played since August last year the stats are:

Played 8
Hibs won: 2
Falkirk won: 3
Draws: 3

Bad Martini
02-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Freefall is a bit premature after 3 loses from a season that (despite said loses) still see's us second in league, quarter final of Scottish Cup and final of League Cup.

However, if we lose the next two games, things WILL be different.

Lets no shoot the season down after 3 loses, one of which was way closer than it appears on paper and the other of which wasn't too far behind. Three skud at home is fair dues; thats *****. However, every one of these games WAS winnable. Which, is the starting point.

NB:
Malonga was no our saviour, didn't play every week and (by the same rationale many on her used with the Deeks situation) was defined by the manager as not needed.
Stokes I was not sure about though would suggest he needs a bit mair time.
Cummings needs to re hit some form though keep in mind his age and relative experience...the fact WE rely on him is more to do with our succession planning and pishy decisions down the years with playing staff than Cummings fault though his form is down to him.

Suggest we wait and see how the next week to 10 days goes. Then, start worrying if we're still going the wrong way...

Ken
02-03-2016, 12:54 PM

Christ almighty, what a difference 2 weeks makes eh?!

chrisski33
02-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Im seriously worried about falkirk as as we have the cup games wont falkirk have played 2 or 3 league games with the chance to overtake us and be full of confidence where if we lose both cup games our confidence will be shot and i doubt hibs will recover

Pete
02-03-2016, 04:02 PM
if we lose both cup games our confidence will be shot and i doubt hibs will recover

Where's that facepalm statue thing when you need it.

MWHIBBIES
02-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Im seriously worried about falkirk as as we have the cup games wont falkirk have played 2 or 3 league games with the chance to overtake us and be full of confidence where if we lose both cup games our confidence will be shot and i doubt hibs will recoverWhat if Falkirk lose those games and we win the league cup?

ancient hibee
02-03-2016, 04:18 PM
It's not Stubbs fault that players can't take chances-for the umpteenth time on Tuesday Fontane missed a free header not even troubling the goalie-we should have been one up after two minutes.Finishing has really been poor for two seasons.I know they don't grow on trees but a player with McCoist's skills would have scored about 80 by now.I was a fan of Malonga apart from the fact that he was the player that team mates looked to give the ball to when they were in difficulty he's the only player that Cummings has formed any kind of partnership with.There is no partnership with Stokes and it'll be interesting to see how Stokes fares without Cummings on Sunday.

Dashing Bob S
02-03-2016, 04:25 PM
Next two crucial. Lose them and we're done for this season.

Pete
02-03-2016, 04:30 PM
Next two crucial. Lose them and we're done for this season.

:agree:

The league cup will be done regardless but you're right.

Let's just let Falkirk and QOS contest the play offs.