PDA

View Full Version : Taking Medicine Into Hampden

LustForLeith
01-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Alright,

Such a random topic but has anyone had to take medicine into Hampden before?

My son has to carry about with him anti histamine and an Epipen due to allergies. the medicine is a typical medicine bottle (100/200 mls I think)

He carries it around in a ruck sake and at Easter Road stewards are usually okay. They'll ask whats in his bag and we'll explain what it is.

Not sure if Hampden will be the same. I'm not sure if we need to take a letter from the doctor to state my son needs to have the medicine with him at all times just in case?

I can imagine a major cup final will have heightened security and just trying to make things as stress free as possible on the big day!

Thanks

hibee_nation
01-03-2016, 08:07 PM
Stick it in your pocket and walk in, can't see them frisking people without good reason.

SON OF PADDY
01-03-2016, 08:19 PM
Alright,

My son has to carry about with him anti histamine and an Epipen due to allergies. the medicine is a typical medicine bottle (100/200 mls I think)

He carries it around in a ruck sake and at Easter Road stewards are usually okay. They'll ask whats in his bag and we'll explain what it is.

Not sure if Hampden will be the same. I'm not sure if we need to take a letter from the doctor to state my son needs to have the medicine with him at all times just in case?

I can imagine a major cup final will have heightened security and just trying to make things as stress free as possible on the big day!

Thanks

Sorry to hear about your laddie having to carry his medicine about with him.
I have to take a fair amount myself, I carry a doctor's letter when travelling abroad but have never had any problems.
Wouldn't do any harm getting one from your doctor, hopefully common sense prevails.

tamig
01-03-2016, 08:21 PM
Alright,

Thanks
Why not email the club for some guidance?

LustForLeith
01-03-2016, 08:26 PM
Why not email the club for some guidance?

I might do that. I've asked before in the ticket shop and they just said it's alright but to be honest with the guys response I don't think he's been asked it before.

Jay
01-03-2016, 08:30 PM
I got an epi pen and chemo,drugs in syringes through security at Edinburgh, gatwick and Orlando airport last year without question. I had a docs letter that I had to pay about £20 and nobody wanted it!

I don't think there will be any problem at hampden.

LustForLeith
01-03-2016, 08:30 PM
Sorry to hear about your laddie having to carry his medicine about with him.
I have to take a fair amount myself, I carry a doctor's letter when travelling abroad but have never had any problems.
Wouldn't do any harm getting one from your doctor, hopefully common sense prevails.

Thanks mate.

He has allergies but no one knows what causes the, so they can't advise things to avoid. it's been awhile since he's had one but because we don't know what causes it we don't know when it will happen!

Kids!

Waxy
01-03-2016, 08:44 PM
I carry inhalers everywhere and have never had any problems taking them into any grounds.

fatbloke
01-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Thanks mate.

He has allergies but no one knows what causes the, so they can't advise things to avoid. it's been awhile since he's had one but because we don't know what causes it we don't know when it will happen!

Kids!

Maybe allergic to good football? No sorry to hear about the boy I can say I have taken a bottle wi tablets in on many occasions. The steward said jokingly if I throw it at anyone they will get me because my name is on the meds. Stewards are told to use common sense, my son who was a supervisor for G4S advises me.

Hi Heid Yin
02-03-2016, 12:12 AM
A good dose of medicine (sedatives anybody?) is what we Hibbies could do with right now after three consecutive defeats. A good win on Sunday will be a perfect tonic and just what the doctor ordered!:flag:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
02-03-2016, 12:55 AM
I'll be taking in a bottle of Hendricks and Tonic water.

02-03-2016, 12:59 AM
If you contact the operations guys at the Club they should be able to help. I'd imagine they would be able to speak with the team at the SFA/Hampden and make them aware.

A friend had a problem when her bag was searched at Easter Road a while back. She has to carry medicine and a syringe with her at all times. Steward went and got a supervisor who contacted the control room. She was let in and asked to contact the Director of Operations at the Club during the week. He gave her a letter to show to stewards if there was a problem again.

cabbageandribs1875
02-03-2016, 02:11 AM

imodium for me

MB62
02-03-2016, 12:09 PM
imodium for me

:greengrin

Oscar T Grouch
03-03-2016, 01:28 PM
I take two insulin pens and various pills to me to most games, I put them in my pocket and walk in. It has only every raised its head when I have gone to concerts (where searches are far more rigorous) when on finding said medication I have explained I am diabetic, been handed my pens back and nothing more was said about it. Most stewards are taught to deal with this now as it is against the law for them to refuse entry on medical grounds/finding medicines (Disability discrimination act), it will not be a problem for the OPs laddie.

LustForLeith
03-03-2016, 02:34 PM
Sent an email to the club and it's sorted!

mca
03-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Sent an email to the club and it's sorted!

Good Stuff... :aok:

What did they Advise you ??

Aldo
03-03-2016, 07:17 PM

I'll hopefully be sitting/standing next to you!! ;-)

LustForLeith
03-03-2016, 08:08 PM
Good Stuff... :aok:

What did they Advise you ??

They're goign to drop a note to the powers that be at Hampden with our ticket details. As mentioned by the club stadiums like Hampden should be used to dealing with situation like this. But it's better to be safe than sorry!

Heedersnvolleys
03-03-2016, 10:17 PM
My daughter is a diabetic and we had some hassle getting into the Celtic final a few years back with syringes . Unfortunately it was more ignorance on the stewards part. I emailed hampden after it who said they would include it in future training.

LustForLeith
04-03-2016, 06:41 PM
My daughter is a diabetic and we had some hassle getting into the Celtic final a few years back with syringes . Unfortunately it was more ignorance on the stewards part. I emailed hampden after it who said they would include it in future training.

That's what I was worried about to be honest. You get jobs worths everywhere but could do without coming across one whilst trying to get into Hampden.

Got a letter from the doctors today so as prepared as possible.

Just need to remember he needs to take a rucksack with him other than his usual maroon one...

bingo70
04-03-2016, 06:46 PM
That's what I was worried about to be honest. You get jobs worths everywhere but could do without coming across one whilst trying to get into Hampden.

Got a letter from the doctors today so as prepared as possible.

Just need to remember he needs to take a rucksack with him other than his usual maroon one...

Know how you're sneaking your vodka in now eh 😉

LustForLeith
04-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Know how you're sneaking your vodka in now eh 

Nat mate, none of that malarkey.

Chinese rice wine though...:greengrin

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-03-2016, 10:17 PM
I'll hopefully be sitting/standing next to you!! ;-)

Make sure yer in before kick off otherwise you could end up disappointed... :agree: