PDA

View Full Version : Would you swap...

Libby Hibby
01-03-2016, 08:17 AM
Would you swap our 2 wins against St Johnstone and Hearts for wins against Morton and Dumbarton?

It means out both cups but 5 points behind Rangers and 8 ahead of Falkirk. Still no guarantee of automatic promotion but a better chance obviously but likely outcome is play offs. And play offs is still where we are going to be but with a League Cup Final and Scottish Cup Quarter Final thrown into the mix.

I think I'd rather have the latter

coldingham hibs
01-03-2016, 08:56 AM
Would you swap our 2 wins against St Johnstone and Hearts for wins against Morton and Dumbarton?

It means out both cups but 5 points behind Rangers and 8 ahead of Falkirk. Still no guarantee of automatic promotion but a better chance obviously but likely outcome is play offs. And play offs is still where we are going to be but with a League Cup Final and Scottish Cup Quarter Final thrown into the mix.

That's a question for the end of the season. We could win/achieve nothing or we could achieve everything. Hopefully the latter.

Steve20
01-03-2016, 10:35 AM
No. We'd still be 5 behind Rangers and looking likely to be in the playoffs. The only difference would be we'd be out the cups. Terrible scenario.

Just Jimmy
01-03-2016, 10:39 AM
No. We could win the cup and still go up. If we win the cup and don't then a bird in the hand and all that.

It is what it is. I never understood these stupid would you? posts.

Andy.1875
01-03-2016, 10:43 AM
No. We're still in the 2 cups as it is.

SeanWilson
01-03-2016, 11:25 AM

I'd swap it if it meant automatic promotion, however in reality, no. We'd still be in the same spot, hoping for a hun slip up and us chasing them down without the enjoyment of a cup run and the chance to pitch ourselves against more top flight opposition.

I actually think the ICT game could be the distraction we need to get back on track - just hope we can do the business tonight!

scuttle
01-03-2016, 11:31 AM

Sorry but its a no from me

Hibernia&Alba
01-03-2016, 11:35 AM
I'd swap the cups for guaranteed promotion, but it's no deal to your current offer .

lucky
01-03-2016, 12:36 PM
No as the 5 points was still a big ask. Hanlon's equaliser has been the highlight of season so far.

howdenthehibby
01-03-2016, 12:50 PM
No , but I would swap the cup runs for all the points we've dropped in the league , which would probably have us just about promoted now.

CB_NO3
01-03-2016, 12:56 PM
Pretty sure the cup runs will have brought in a good 500k this season with extra revenues via ticket sales and TV.

smithy_hibees
01-03-2016, 01:25 PM
Ask the question on the 14th March please.
Could be in a semi and lifted a cup still clear in 2nd place or couple be out the Scottish beat in a final and in 3rd place struggling going into playoffs

Massive 3 weeks ahead

GreenArmyyy!
01-03-2016, 02:17 PM

No chance, as much as the league is priority I don't think anything beats "The romance of the cup".

Thecat23
01-03-2016, 02:21 PM
No.

To win the only Derby we'll have and put them out was brilliant. Even if we won the 2 league games doesn't mean we'd win the league.

lapsedhibee
01-03-2016, 03:29 PM
YES but only if we finish 5th in the table.