PDA

View Full Version : Rules regarding European places

Hibbyhaz
29-02-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I've been searching for a while now and I can't seem to find the rules.

Is there any way we can get a European place this season? Would we need to win the Scottish cup, or if we were to lose in the final to Celtic would we get a place?

jarre1875
29-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Im sure its changed. We would need to win that to qualify for europe

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

jonny
29-02-2016, 05:22 PM
http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/european-places-201516/

We have to win it

offshorehibby
29-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Well then, we'll just have to win it, simples

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 05:38 PM
Part of me would rather not be getting humped by some random Eastern European nation at the beginning of July if we could help it.

matty_f
29-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Part of me would rather not be getting humped by some random Eastern European nation at the beginning of July if we could help it.

Considering that entry to Europe can only be attained by winning the Scottish Cup, I'd gladly take a massive, record defeat of any club anywhere in the history of European football, if it meant we were there for it. :greengrin

Billy Whizz
29-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Considering that entry to Europe can only be attained by winning the Scottish Cup, I'd gladly take a massive, record defeat of any club anywhere in the history of European football, if it meant we were there for it. :greengrin

And possibly send Hearts in at an earlier round!

Spike Mandela
29-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Will Hearts and Sevco have the sufficient audited accounts and licenses required should they qualify for Europe?

CropleyWasGod
29-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Will Hearts and Sevco have the sufficient audited accounts and lisences required should they qualify for Europe?

Rangers, under their new owners, have been around long enough to. IIRC, the UEFA requirement for clubs that have been taken over by new companies is that they have operated for 3 years. This is their 4th season. Their accounts are up to date.

Hearts don't have a problem, either. The company that owns them hasn't changed, and their accounts are up to date.

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 09:16 PM

I was going to put that at the end lol

Twiglet
29-02-2016, 09:42 PM

We wouldn't have to play the group stages of the league cup (I think the European teams go in later), 2 games instead of the multiple from that. Need some time to play Lewis's testimonial match.