PDA

View Full Version : County's goalie out

Ozyhibby
29-02-2016, 04:10 PM
http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/ross-county/1344680-ross-countys-scott-fox-set-to-miss-league-cup-final/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JimBHibees
29-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Shame for the guy played well in the semi final.

Smartie
29-02-2016, 04:13 PM
Anyone know anywhere where I can get odds on a little-known Ross County reserve goalkeeper to be Man of the Match in the League Cup final?

O'Rourke3
29-02-2016, 04:15 PM
Anyone know anywhere where I can get odds on a little-known Ross County reserve goalkeeper to be Man of the Match in the League Cup final?

Stick-on!

FromTheCapital
29-02-2016, 04:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that Woods is a half decent keeper as well.
Remember him making a couple of top class saves against Caley in the League Cup this year.
And he's a 65 on FIFA :greengrin:

JimBHibees
29-02-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that Woods is a half decent keeper as well.
Remember him making a couple of top class saves against Caley in the League Cup this year.
And he's a 65 on FIFA :greengrin:

Bit old for a goalie. Sounds promising. :greengrin

Ronniekirk
29-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Shame for the guy played well in the semi final.

He had a blinder in the Semi and Partick Thistle fans i know were not happy that ross county were able to sign him from them by offering more money
Are they playing this midweek ? As we have to negotiate queens plastic pitch so further injuries for us need to be avoided there and i expect ICT to give us a tough physical game on Saturday but not sure who ross county have
So we need some luck with no more injuries

JimBHibees
29-02-2016, 04:36 PM
He had a blinder in the Semi and Partick Thistle fans i know were not happy that ross county were able to sign him from them by offering more money
Are they playing this midweek ? As we have to negotiate queens plastic pitch so further injuries for us need to be avoided there and i expect ICT to give us a tough physical game on Saturday but not sure who ross county have
So we need some luck with no more injuries

They play Kilmarnock tomorrow then don't have a game until the final due to them being out of the Scottish.

Ronniekirk
29-02-2016, 04:39 PM
They play Kilmarnock tomorrow then don't have a game until the final due to them being out of the Scottish.

Thats a pity as given our run of recent games we could of done with a chance to recharge the batteries

CorrieHibs
29-02-2016, 04:47 PM

They play united at home in the Scottish cup.

Spike Mandela
29-02-2016, 04:50 PM

They are still in the Scottish cup. They play Dundee Utd day before us.:confused:

Alfred E Newman
29-02-2016, 05:30 PM

Beat me to it.

Spike Mandela
29-02-2016, 05:47 PM
County's replacement goalie has almost exactly the same no of first team games under his belt as Oxley.

coldingham hibs
29-02-2016, 05:50 PM
Can we loan a keeper?

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2016, 06:15 PM
Can we loan a keeper?Can we support the one we ****ing have instead of hanging him out to dry for 2 poor TEAM performances?

Blaster
29-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Can we support the one we ****ing have instead of hanging him out to dry for 2 poor TEAM performances?

Well said mate

emerald green
29-02-2016, 06:24 PM
It doesn't matter if their first choice goalkeeper is out. Ross County will be formidable opponents in the final. They've got several good players throughout their team, especially Liam Boyce and Alex Schalk up front.

Hibs have got good players too, but Hibs have to start taking more of the chances they create, and stop the poor individual mistakes at the back. If they don't, County are favourites IMHO.

Andy74
29-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Can we support the one we ****ing have instead of hanging him out to dry for 2 poor TEAM performances?

Seems sensible.

I'm not sure most have clicked that keepers who don't make mistakes don't exist. He's had a couple in a row but folk seem to have forgotten the good form beforehand.

Billy Whizz
29-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Seems sensible.

I'm not sure most have closed clicked that keepers who don't make mistakes don't exist. He's had a couple in a row but folk seem to have forgotten the good form beforehand.

I agree, and there were a few other Hibs players culpable for some of the goals on Saturday, 2 in particular could have done much better, but I don't see threads on them

Jones28
29-02-2016, 07:33 PM

Well said mate

FranckSuzy
29-02-2016, 07:39 PM

Exactly. Also, what happens IF we drop Oxley, play Virtanen and he has a 'mare? It's hardly going to help either of them or us, points-wise.

JimBHibees
29-02-2016, 07:55 PM
They are still in the Scottish cup. They play Dundee Utd day before us.:confused:

Ok cheers so they are checked their own site and it didn't show it.

matty_f
29-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Seems sensible.

I'm not sure most have clicked that keepers who don't make mistakes don't exist. He's had a couple in a row but folk seem to have forgotten the good form beforehand.

Good post, Andy. :agree:

coldingham hibs
29-02-2016, 08:55 PM
Exactly. Also, what happens IF we drop Oxley, play Virtanen and he has a 'mare? It's hardly going to help either of them or us, points-wise.

Unless we try Virtanen then we will never know. I'd prefer to try him out tomorrow and see if he is better than Oxley.

Oxley has me on edge every single game and I really cannot see him coping with the pressure of the big games coming up. 😕

Smartie
29-02-2016, 11:39 PM
Unless we try Virtanen then we will never know. I'd prefer to try him out tomorrow and see if he is better than Oxley.

Oxley has me on edge every single game and I really cannot see him coping with the pressure of the big games coming up. 

To be fair to Oxley has he ever let us down in a big game? I can remember some great saves in games against The Rangers, solid performances all the way in the cups and he's been decent in the derbies.

Keeping his concentration in other games seems to be his problem.

jgl07
29-02-2016, 11:47 PM
That's a bit far fetched, a second choice goalkeeper being man of the match in a League Cup Final.

Especially if it comes to a penalty shoot out.

Pete
01-03-2016, 06:35 AM

:agree:

He'll keep the margin of our victory down to a couple of goals.

JimBHibees
01-03-2016, 10:14 AM
To be fair to Oxley has he ever let us down in a big game? I can remember some great saves in games against The Rangers, solid performances all the way in the cups and he's been decent in the derbies.

Keeping his concentration in other games seems to be his problem.

And not the only one, from the highlights there were a number of mistakes in the 3 Dumbarton goals.

McGinn letting the first scorer get goal side, noone from defence coming out to block the shot, second goal Hanlon not marking Nade, Oxley superman dive, noone marking Barr etc. Oxley has been pretty decent for us, not the time to be writing him off.

Mikey09
01-03-2016, 11:21 AM

Thank **** someone said that!! :top marks

LaMotta
01-03-2016, 11:53 AM

If Hibs.net was about in the 1980s and early 90's then three successive Scotland goalkeepers (all of whom are now remembered as top Hibs Goalkeepers ) would have been slated in the same way, because they ALL made errors!

hibee-boys
01-03-2016, 12:01 PM

If Hibs.net was about in the 1980s and early 90's then three successive Scotland goalkeepers (all of whom are now remembered as top Hibs Goalkeepers ) would have been slated in the same way, because they ALL made errors!

All goalkeepers make errors. How many times though did we come away from games thinking that they'd saved us from defeat or won us the game? I just can't recall many games, if any, where I've felt that Oxley has done anything but the basics well and he struggles with them sometimes! I would love for him to prove me wrong over the next few weeks but I have my doubts, we seem to talk far more about his errors than his positive contribution.

marinello59
01-03-2016, 12:36 PM
All goalkeepers make errors. How many times though did we come away from games thinking that they'd saved us from defeat or won us the game? I just can't recall many games, if any, where I've felt that Oxley has done anything but the basics well and he struggles with them sometimes! I would love for him to prove me wrong over the next few weeks but I have my doubts, we seem to talk far more about his errors than his positive contribution.

We always talk more about keepers errors than what they do right. How many times does a keeper at any club in the world get man of the match. It rarely happens.

HibsNutter
01-03-2016, 12:41 PM

:agree: He's got away with a couple of howlers, especially the one against Falkirk which would have cost us dearly because we managed to equalise or in other games get the win.

Like you say he has to make up for mistakes by winning us points and I don't think he's done that. Most of the time he is praised for making saves which if he'd let them in, would have gone down as a goalkeeping error. I can't recall him making many saves that you wouldn't expect him to make.

Edson Arantes
01-03-2016, 12:47 PM

Excellent post :thumbsup:

LaMotta
01-03-2016, 01:18 PM
:agree: He's got away with a couple of howlers, especially the one against Falkirk which would have cost us dearly because we managed to equalise or in other games get the win.

Like you say he has to make up for mistakes by winning us points and I don't think he's done that. Most of the time he is praised for making saves which if he'd let them in, would have gone down as a goalkeeping error. I can't recall him making many saves that you wouldn't expect him to make.

if John McGinn hadn't got himself sent off in that game we might have been 2 nil up by the time Oxley made his mistake.

Killiehibbie
01-03-2016, 01:21 PM

I remember Goram often being told he'd never make it as a keeper.

CallumLaidlaw
01-03-2016, 01:23 PM
if John McGinn hadn't got himself sent off in that game we might have been 2 nil up by the time Oxley made his mistake.

i take it you mean if John Mcginn hadn't wrongly been sent off?

LaMotta
01-03-2016, 01:31 PM
i take it you mean if John Mcginn hadn't wrongly been sent off?

Still think it was strange that decision was overturned.

Either way he made a mistake though that had an impact on the game....

HibsNutter
01-03-2016, 01:31 PM

Your enforcing my point here. McGinn made a mistake but he's been immense for the most part of the season which more than makes up for it. When has Oxley won us points to make up for his errors? This was also the only time McGinn has really let us down.

LaMotta
01-03-2016, 01:33 PM
I remember Goram often being told he'd never make it as a keeper.

I'm not saying Oxley is as good as any of them, but he is not as bad as many are making out.

LaMotta
01-03-2016, 01:53 PM
Your enforcing my point here. McGinn made a mistake but he's been immense for the most part of the season which more than makes up for it. When has Oxley won us points to make up for his errors? This was also the only time McGinn has really let us down.

Falkirk away, made some vital saves to keep the score down. Rangers at home when we won , including, to quote the BBC website, a wonderful one handed save to keep out Waghorn.... how about three clean sheets at Easter Road against Premier League opposition? Does he not get any of the credit for that?? For helping organise his defence?

It's not all negative.

Borderhibbie76
01-03-2016, 04:46 PM
This 110% his treatment is a joke on here. Yes he made mistakes but Cummings missed an open goal against Morton and I don't see him getting such treatment

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk