PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 09:28 AM
We simply must win on Tuesday. No ifs, no buts!

After Tuesday night we don't play in the league again until Raith Rovers away on the 19th March, before then Falkirk play 3 times. Should they win all three games we find ourselves 7 points behind them, and if we don't win on Tuesday it could potentially be 10 points. I don't think Falkirk will win them all as they have Rangers in there and also St Mirren on Tuesday for them will be tough. But a win for us on Tuesday will settle the squad down, we can then be fully focused on the two cups before getting back to league business. Confidence wise Tuesday is massive for our season.

Borderhibbie76
29-02-2016, 11:53 AM
I find it incredible we are now looking over our shoulders at Falkirk. For all the praise Stubbs has had both from us and in media for a club our size it's nowhere near good enough. Yes the cups are great Stubbsy but you better sort this and quick or the pressure will very quickly start to mount. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Stubbsy fan...but we had a similar mini collapse around march/April last year and it needs sorting

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edson Arantes
29-02-2016, 02:52 PM

After Tuesday night we don't play in the league again until Raith Rovers away on the 19th March, before then Falkirk play 3 times. Should they win all three games we find ourselves 7 points behind them, and if we don't win on Tuesday it could potentially be 10 points. I don't think Falkirk will win them all as they have Rangers in there and also St Mirren on Tuesday for them will be tough. But a win for us on Tuesday will settle the squad down, we can then be fully focused on the two cups before getting back to league business. Confidence wise Tuesday is massive for our season.

Agree with this completely.

It is not an easy place to go and we will do well to win there.

Personally I think we will get a draw and with it, some confidence back. :pray:

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Can you pay at the gate at QOS?:confused:

lyonhibs
29-02-2016, 03:08 PM
QOS away is probably the 3rd worst game in the league to have when a confidence boosting win is basically a must.

A real test of character of the last week and one that I'd have said easily that Stubbs and co have the mettle to pass before these last 2 games.

Now I'm not so sure, but hopeful of the performance and more importantly result required.

Smartie
29-02-2016, 03:23 PM

I find it strange saying this, and it's not normally the case in football but I actually think it's more about performance than result on Tuesday.

We have 2 huge cup games coming up and whilst I acknowledge that promotion must be the priority, having got ourselves into the positions we have in the cup it would be nice to see us make the most of our good cup form. I haven't seen enough Hibs cup wins in my lifetime to go turning my nose up at them and 90 minutes against Ross County is all that separates us from another one. We win games on the next 2 Saturdays and we've got a trophy in the bag with another visit to Hampden to look forward to.

To get promoted imo we need to finish ahead of Falkirk but we have a lead on them and their form will not be anything like as relentless as The Rangers' has been. I still think we'll finish second by some distance.

We need to get confidnce back in every department in our team. We need to create chances, for our strikers to take them, for our keeper to give us something to believe in and for our defence to withstand a bit of pressure.

We can afford to lose on Tuesday - the league has gone, deal with it. We still have 3 important targets though and what we really don't need is another spirit-crushing performance that makes you wonder when and where we're actually going to manage to win again.

Edson Arantes
29-02-2016, 03:36 PM
I find it strange saying this, and it's not normally the case in football but I actually think it's more about performance than result on Tuesday.

We have 2 huge cup games coming up and whilst I acknowledge that promotion must be the priority, having got ourselves into the positions we have in the cup it would be nice to see us make the most of our good cup form. I haven't seen enough Hibs cup wins in my lifetime to go turning my nose up at them and 90 minutes against Ross County is all that separates us from another one. We win games on the next 2 Saturdays and we've got a trophy in the bag with another visit to Hampden to look forward to.

To get promoted imo we need to finish ahead of Falkirk but we have a lead on them and their form will not be anything like as relentless as The Rangers' has been. I still think we'll finish second by some distance.

We need to get confidnce back in every department in our team. We need to create chances, for our strikers to take them, for our keeper to give us something to believe in and for our defence to withstand a bit of pressure.

We can afford to lose on Tuesday - the league has gone, deal with it. We still have 3 important targets though and what we really don't need is another spirit-crushing performance that makes you wonder when and where we're actually going to manage to win again.

Very good post.

Dumfrieshibs
29-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Can you pay at the gate at QOS?:confused:

Just foned Palmerston and there will be tickets available at the ticket office for away fans before kick off tomorrow

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Just foned Palmerston and there will be tickets available at the ticket office for away fans before kick off tomorrow

:aok:

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 03:49 PM

We won't finish ahead of Falkirk 'by some distance' I'm afraid.

We are only two points ahead at the moment and with our April really building up, we will have a lot of games to play in a short space of time, while Falkirk practically play one game a week between now and the end of the season. They are beating teams they should be beating, they won't lose many games between now and then and it'll be a scrap to finish ahead of them. It may even come down to the home game against them if I'm being honest.

liamh2202
29-02-2016, 03:54 PM
I find it incredible we are now looking over our shoulders at Falkirk. For all the praise Stubbs has had both from us and in media for a club our size it's nowhere near good enough. Yes the cups are great Stubbsy but you better sort this and quick or the pressure will very quickly start to mount. Don't get me wrong I'm a big Stubbsy fan...but we had a similar mini collapse around march/April last year and it needs sorting

I cant agree... A club our size? This is a new thing to me.. Since when was a club our size expecting to compete against a club rangers size ( and wage bill) and expect to win all our games? Yes we should be geting promoted but why should we expect to do it at a canter? We have no divine right to win any game and i think it may be time for a reality check. I think we are all in agreement where we should be but i also think some people need to get their heads round where we are. What about st mirren ? They were an spl team more recently than us? Should they also expect to be well ahead of falkirk?

Borderhibbie76
29-02-2016, 03:58 PM
I cant agree... A club our size? This is a new thing to me.. Since when was a club our size expecting to compete against a club rangers size ( and wage bill) and expect to win all our games? Yes we should be geting promoted but why should we expect to do it at a canter? We have no divine right to win any game and i think it may be time for a reality check. I think we are all in agreement where we should be but i also think some people need to get their heads round where we are. What about st mirren ? They were an spl team more recently than us? Should they also expect to be well ahead of falkirk?
I'm as big a happy clapper as the rest mate but our resources fat outweigh both Falkirk and St mirren probably combined. I didn't expect us to pip Sevco to league being honest...but I did expect us to be easily best of the rest....I refuse to lower expectations from that when still paying the best part of £400 for an ST not to mention HSL etc

liamh2202
29-02-2016, 04:18 PM
I'm as big a happy clapper as the rest mate but our resources fat outweigh both Falkirk and St mirren probably combined. I didn't expect us to pip Sevco to league being honest...but I did expect us to be easily best of the rest....I refuse to lower expectations from that when still paying the best part of £400 for an ST not to mention HSL etc

I get all that mate.. I really do . but in that instance do you think rangers are classing theirs as a failure because of their resources to ours? I just think if we get over the line into second and get through the first playoff game. Then give the spl team a go then we cant expect anymore. Unfortunately we were dealt a bad hand with the circumstance regarding rangers and hearts.and then the way the playoffs are designed also disadvantage us.

Borderhibbie76
29-02-2016, 04:23 PM
I get all that mate.. I really do . but in that instance do you think rangers are classing theirs as a failure because of their resources to ours? I just think if we get over the line into second and get through the first playoff game. Then give the spl team a go then we cant expect anymore. Unfortunately we were dealt a bad hand with the circumstance regarding rangers and hearts.and then the way the playoffs are designed also disadvantage us.
I do see where your coming from mate and I agree we got relegated at the worst possible time...into the perfect storm almost. However there are going to be a lot of unhappy people if we don't go up this year and I fear a lot of the feel good factor built up this season will slowly disappear...I hope that isn't the case and we get thru these blasted play offs. IMO it should be 2 up 2 down with bigger leagues

Lago
29-02-2016, 04:41 PM
:aok:
You thinking of going?

Hermit Crab
29-02-2016, 04:47 PM

Did they say if the terracing was going to open or not?

Lago
29-02-2016, 04:47 PM
What gets me about Hibs fans and rangers is that at the begining of the season all I read on here was rangers don't have a pot to piss in no money, zilch, then a change took place as hibs started to slide, how can we compete against their budget their resourses. Which is it ?

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 04:52 PM
What gets me about Hibs fans and rangers is that at the begining of the season all I read on here was rangers don't have a pot to piss in no money, zilch, then a change took place as hibs started to slide, how can we compete against their budget their resourses. Which is it ?

Whether they have any money or not, they are still spending money. They're losing millions, however, getting gates 7 times more than us, as well as home tv ties in any cup draw, obviously gives them a bit of a head start on the rest.

liamh2202
29-02-2016, 04:57 PM

Use your common sense mate. What do you think their wage budget is compared to ours. Even with no cash at the start of the year they have had 40k fans plus most weeks to run with

Dumfrieshibs
29-02-2016, 05:02 PM
Did they say if the terracing was going to open or not?

Tbh I didn't ask about the terracing

Smartie
29-02-2016, 05:05 PM
"Rangers" aren't the kind of club to let whether or not they have money affect their ability to spend it.

I think everyone gets a bit too hung up on money in football. How much money can an area like Dingwall generate for a football club? Yet how many years have they finished above us in the league? We're going into a cup final against them in a week or so, they're struggling to sell 10k tickets yet they're 4th in the league.

We need to concentrate on punching our weight and then get in about the bigger clubs. We've had ample budget to be confident putting away teams like Dumbarton and Morton yet we haven't done it.

Hey-ho, done now. Let's win a couple of cups and get promoted through the play-offs - all realistic goals. Regardless of £, salaries, budgets, financial responsibilities and balance sheets that's a successful season and that's what we all got into it for.

Lago
29-02-2016, 05:11 PM
Use your common sense mate. What do you think their wage budget is compared to ours. Even with no cash at the start of the year they have had 40k fans plus most weeks to run with
So all that stuff at the season start was just whistling in the dark?

Lago
29-02-2016, 05:13 PM
"Rangers" aren't the kind of club to let whether or not they have money affect their ability to spend it.

I think everyone gets a bit too hung up on money in football. How much money can an area like Dingwall generate for a football club? Yet how many years have they finished above us in the league? We're going into a cup final against them in a week or so, they're struggling to sell 10k tickets yet they're 4th in the league.

We need to concentrate on punching our weight and then get in about the bigger clubs. We've had ample budget to be confident putting away teams like Dumbarton and Morton yet we haven't done it.

Hey-ho, done now. Let's win a couple of cups and get promoted through the play-offs - all realistic goals. Regardless of £, salaries, budgets, financial responsibilities and balance sheets that's a successful season and that's what we all got into it for.
Spot on I get fed up with money being used as an excuse for non performance.

Hi Heid Yin
29-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Agree with this completely.

It is not an easy place to go and we will do well to win there.

Personally I think we will get a draw and with it, some confidence back. :pray:

Only a win will go some way to instilling confidence again.....a draw will, if anything, instill more doubt into the heads of some of our players. A draw is unacceptable and a defeat unthinkable. We need to get out of this slump immediately.

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 05:42 PM

What part of they didn't have money don't you grasp? Just look at there books. You don't need money to sign players, and even without money, they knew they would have 40,000 spectators gate money to play with, in comparison to our 8,000. They have zero cash, they are losing cash every single week, they will continue to spend, and have admitted that this is what they will do until they get to the top.

A lot of fans hoped that they would attempt to cut cloth due to their financial predicament however this has not materialised, and they went on spending crazy cash.

donald_paterson
29-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Players should b well up for this game infront of a fair few Rangers and Hearts fans

liamh2202
29-02-2016, 06:05 PM

Of course it was and if anyone truely believed otherwise they were having a laugh.. Same with all the crap about it being a different club. Its all irrelevant when they have the same fanbase as before

Lago
29-02-2016, 07:28 PM
What part of they didn't have money don't you grasp? Just look at there books. You don't need money to sign players, and even without money, they knew they would have 40,000 spectators gate money to play with, in comparison to our 8,000. They have zero cash, they are losing cash every single week, they will continue to spend, and have admitted that this is what they will do until they get to the top.

A lot of fans hoped that they would attempt to cut cloth due to their financial predicament however this has not materialised, and they went on spending crazy cash.
And winning.

Lago
29-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Of course it was and if anyone truely believed otherwise they were having a laugh.. Same with all the crap about it being a different club. Its all irrelevant when they have the same fanbase as before
And at last we have identified why Scottish football is going down the pan and will never be a level playing field. 2nd was always the only realistically achievable target for Hibs from the start of the season irrespective of what Stubbs etc said.

B.H.F.C
29-02-2016, 07:37 PM
And at last we have identified why Scottish football is going down the pan and will never be a level playing field. 2nd was always the only realistically achievable target for Hibs from the start of the season irrespective of what Stubbs etc said.

Disagree. They have players on superior wages. But how many players do they have that are vastly superior to the players we have?

We have lost twice to a part time side this season. Win those two games and you're still right in there fighting.