PDA

View Full Version : Michael Stewart

keep the faith
28-02-2016, 11:06 PM
http://thefitbahacks.podbean.com/

Good interview where he covers a fair bit on hibs.
I do have a lot of time for Stewart. Honest guy who is always worth listening to.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Must be funny to look back on your career to find one of your best periods was playing for your arch-rivals...

keep the faith
28-02-2016, 11:34 PM
Must be funny to look back on your career to find one of your best periods was playing for your arch-rivals...

Yeah I thought he did a decent job for us. Remember his first Derby he nearly put Hartley into the East stand. Brilliant!

truehibernian
29-02-2016, 01:21 AM

Something that's not lost on him - hence he is nearly always complimentary about Hibs or scathing on managers who don't realise how lucky they are to be at Hibs - Michael has done nothing to offend Hibs at all - he's blunt but honest and is opinionated - but he never ever demeans the club either in private or in the media.

Bay Area Hibees
29-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Yeah better analyst that pretty much all of the other guys in Scotland.

Betty Boop
29-02-2016, 08:25 AM
Can't stand the yam fud !

easty
29-02-2016, 08:45 AM
Can't stand the yam fud !

Me neither, think we're in the minority though.

matty_f
29-02-2016, 08:47 AM
I have to say i really like him. He's the best pundit on Scottish football shows.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 09:40 AM
I have to say i really like him. He's the best pundit on Scottish football shows.

By a mile. Honest, articulate and knowledgable.

If he had a bigger profile down south you'd have thought Sky or BT would take a punt on him.

Thecat23
29-02-2016, 10:08 AM

If he had a bigger profile down south you'd have thought Sky or BT would take a punt on him.

Spot on, I really enjoy listening to him as he never hides from controversy and says it how it is.

Also thought he was a very good player for us.

JimBHibees
29-02-2016, 10:11 AM

Agree with that not scared to say it as it is.

JimBHibees
29-02-2016, 10:12 AM

Certainly much better than guys like Provan who for some inexplicable reason gets top games on SKY. You could throw in McInally and Nicholas also.

DirtyDeeds
29-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Pretty much a re-hash of the interview he gave to the Monday Night Fitba' lads over a year ago. Do admire his forthright views, but you can tell he revels in any opportunity he gets to talk about his tike at United and drop a few names. Feels like 'after dinner speech' material.

Smartie
29-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Spot on, I really enjoy listening to him as he never hides from controversy and says it how it is.

Also thought he was a very good player for us.

We're not always great at taking criticism and it can sting a bit when he says it like it is. TBH it's normally exactly what we need, he was prepared to speak out about the shambles of the Fenlon/ Butcher era and has been prepared to give us credit since.

The reason he gets abuse from us is simply because of his jambo tendencies which incidentally never seem to influence his work whatsoever (unlike most other pundits who let their judgement get clouded).

In the cold light of day he's a guy who gave us 100% and did very well indeed for us as a player, has never put the boot in about some of what happened during his time at Hibs (I reckon he could have been pretty bitter and vindictive if he'd wanted to be) and has been honest and reasonable about us at all times as a pundit.

I like him - head and shoulders above 90% of the rubbish doing the rounds right now.

Thecat23
29-02-2016, 10:29 AM
We're not always great at taking criticism and it can sting a bit when he says it like it is. TBH it's normally exactly what we need, he was prepared to speak out about the shambles of the Fenlon/ Butcher era and has been prepared to give us credit since.

The reason he gets abuse from us is simply because of his jambo tendencies which incidentally never seem to influence his work whatsoever (unlike most other pundits who let their judgement get clouded).

In the cold light of day he's a guy who gave us 100% and did very well indeed for us as a player, has never put the boot in about some of what happened during his time at Hibs (I reckon he could have been pretty bitter and vindictive if he'd wanted to be) and has been honest and reasonable about us at all times as a pundit.

I like him - head and shoulders above 90% of the rubbish doing the rounds right now.

Exactly mate. Totally agree with all that!

jacomo
29-02-2016, 12:32 PM
Well, I remember he had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp at the 2007 LC Final after he didn't make the team. His attitude and application in the weeks that followed was subject to conjecture!

However, I've got nothing against him. He's been offered a platform to slag Hibs since but AFAIK has always spoken well about our club.

Thecat23
29-02-2016, 12:33 PM
Well, I remember he had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp at the 2007 LC Final after he didn't make the team. His attitude and application in the weeks that followed was subject to conjecture!

However, I've got nothing against him. He's been offered a platform to slag Hibs since but AFAIK has always spoken well about our club.

I'd be more concerned if he was happy to be left out of a cup final. If it was me I'd have reacted the very same as you want to play in these games.

Lago
29-02-2016, 12:38 PM
You are.

MB62
29-02-2016, 02:15 PM

Yeah I thought he did a decent job for us. Remember his first Derby he nearly put Hartley into the East stand. Brilliant!

I remember him from a different tackle, during an U19s derby at Easter Road (might have been an East of Scotland shield game, when he absolutely halved wee 'Jinky' in two in front of the dugout. He went right over the ball and could have finished the laddie's career. I seen him in the Cask & Barrel about a week later and was only persuaded by my mates to leave him alone, I was still raging.

On the T.V. front though I do like listening to him.

Dashing Bob S
29-02-2016, 02:20 PM
Great pundit, excellent guy. Loads of time for him.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
29-02-2016, 02:21 PM
Great pundit and good guy

IWasThere2016
29-02-2016, 05:33 PM

This. I like him also.

ancient hibee
29-02-2016, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=jacomoseven;4602936]Well, I remember he had a face like a bulldog chewing a wasp at the 2007 LC Final after he didn't make the team. His attitude and application in the weeks that followed was subject to conjecture!

He was on the bench wasn't he-probably wanted on.

Stax
29-02-2016, 10:26 PM
I remember him from a different tackle, during an U19s derby at Easter Road (might have been an East of Scotland shield game, when he absolutely halved wee 'Jinky' in two in front of the dugout. He went right over the ball and could have finished the laddie's career. I seen him in the Cask & Barrel about a week later and was only persuaded by my mates to leave him alone, I was still raging.

On the T.V. front though I do like listening to him.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBQvgKZL5QQ
This is my favourite memory of a Michael Stewart "tackle"

Edson Arantes
29-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Hertz ****

#FromTheCapital
29-02-2016, 10:38 PM
Can't stand the prick and never could, even when he played for us.

Hermit Crab
29-02-2016, 10:42 PM
Monday night fitba done a great interview with him. Well worth a listen. It is 2hrs long though but very honest and interesting.

keep the faith
29-02-2016, 10:45 PM
His story about JC and the skin tight under armour did make me laugh.