PDA

View Full Version : rocket

reservoir hibee
28-02-2016, 12:46 PM
for those "in the know"

does stubs ever give the guys a rocket up the erchie? always seems super calm on the touchline and in interviews.

im not saying they deserve it after the last two results although they kinda do. but is he that kinda guy?

seems all love and hugs.

i would like to think he can go through a player or two when the time is right

jarre1875
28-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Id like to think he would give them a rocket or a hairdryer or 2 if they need it. He doesnt seem the type to suffer fools gladly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

bingo70
28-02-2016, 01:01 PM
I hope not.

They're grown adults, not toddlers and imo there's more effective ways to get your point across than shouting at them.

I don't think he's a soft touch though

reservoir hibee
28-02-2016, 01:06 PM
I hope not.

They're grown adults, not toddlers and imo there's more effective ways to get your point across than shouting at them.

I don't think he's a soft touch though

never did fergie any harm though.....

iwasthere1972
28-02-2016, 01:07 PM
for those "in the know"

does stubs ever give the guys a rocket up the erchie? always seems super calm on the touchline and in interviews.

im not saying they deserve it after the last two results although they kinda do. but is he that kinda guy?

seems all love and hugs.

Hi Dave. Good to meet you up town recently. :aok:

I've no doubt that he's capable of telling the players that the last two performances were not acceptable but would also like to think that he doesn't go to the extremes of what Butcher and Malpas did. Sensible head on his shoulder and he will be totally disappointed by the last week's results. Unless The Rangers start losing their games big time then we are really now are in the play offs. Only two points ahead of Falkirk too so our immediate goal is to beat Queen of the South on Tuesday, coming though that without any injuries then going out and beating ICT in the Scottish Cup. A couple of good results and onwards to Hampden to claim the other cup.

Do that and the good feel factor will be back.

bingo70
28-02-2016, 01:07 PM
never did fergie any harm though.....

Sure I read that towards the end of his managerial career he 'put the hairdryer away' as he recognised the footballing world has changed and it wasn't an effective way to manage people any more.

TAHibby
28-02-2016, 01:10 PM
You'd like to think there's a better way to go about motivating and picking the team up after the last week that isn't just screaming in their faces what they all already know

iwasthere1972
28-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Sure I read that towards the end of his managerial career he 'put the hairdryer away' as he recognised the footballing world has changed and it wasn't an effective way to manage people any more.

He only put the hairdryer away as Wayne Rooney used to keep asking him what it was. :wink:

reservoir hibee
28-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Hi Dave. Good to meet you up town recently. :aok:

I've no doubt that he's capable of telling the players that the last two performances were not acceptable but would also like to think that he doesn't go to the extremes of what Butcher and Malpas did. Sensible head on his shoulder and he will be totally disappointed by the last week's results. Unless The Rangers start losing their games big time then we are really now are in the play offs. Only two points ahead of Falkirk too so our immediate goal is to beat Queen of the South on Tuesday, coming though that without any injuries then going out and beating ICT in the cup. A couple of good results and onwards to Hampden to claim the cup.

Do that and the good feel factor will be back.

yea man always good bumping into a fellow .netter

i agree and I'm not suggesting he "destroys" the players or gives them a dressing down but wondering how he is behind the scenes.

a lot of younger players but there are some older pro's in there too. i just think a firmish word to get them back on track so to speak could be order of the day.

something along the lines of don't "f%&£ this up after all your good work. we aint won anything yet"

reservoir hibee
28-02-2016, 01:12 PM
a "refocussing" perhaps?

Thecat23
28-02-2016, 01:13 PM

I don't think there is any issues having a pop if your team is having a mare. It's if it became weekly or daily like Malpas and Butcher did.

Thankfully Stubbs isn't anything like these clowns.

hibbymick
28-02-2016, 01:14 PM
As long as the players still believe in him there's no problem.

HibsNutter
28-02-2016, 01:15 PM
I'm sure Butcher gave them a fair few rockets. It really won't help anything. I'd rather he tried to lift the players after a defeat than go into a strop as it's obvious there's no lack of effort in the team.

reservoir hibee
28-02-2016, 01:16 PM
I don't think there is any issues having a pop if your team is having a mare. It's if it became weekly or daily like Malpas and Butcher did.

Thankfully Stubbs isn't anything like these clowns.

agreed,

i also think for all his tinkering or adaptability there is a weakness sometimes in changing thing during a match

against morton there top 3 were right in our defences faces yet oxley still kept playing it short and then morton were ups our defenders erse this continued deep into the second half and in my opinion should have been picked up on and changed much earlier

teams are getting wise to our formation and tactics and I'm worried we are running out of ideas

hibby6270
28-02-2016, 03:06 PM
The players know they've let themselves and the fans down in the last 2 games. Wasn't at Dumbarton yesterday but on Wednesday that's the first time in a long time the players have left the pitch straight away rather than going round to applaud fans. They knew alright that it was a really poor performance and were embarrassed to expect reciprocal applause from us.

I think Stubbs' back room staff will be the hairdryer treatment merchants. Maybe not to same extent as the likes of Fergie but sometimes a stern word is just as effective as the 'arm round the shoulder' treatment.

Onion
28-02-2016, 03:10 PM
for those "in the know"

seems all love and hugs.

Think this team has a lot of respect for Stubbs. They'll know full well that they've let him and themselves down in last 2 games, so AS probably doesn't have to do much to get his point across. I certainly agree they don't deserve a rollocking after their performances against the Yams and St J in the cups. Time to stay calm, analyse what's going wrong and address it.

Bayern Bru
28-02-2016, 03:55 PM
It will surely depend on the individual players. Shouting at one player might work but shouting at another could cause more problems than it would solve. Seen him, taff and JD getting pretty animated on the touchline during games mind you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Waxy
28-02-2016, 04:05 PM
Doubt theyd get a rocket. Probably didnt get any supper though.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2016, 05:28 PM
I think folks need to make up their minds. Either they trust the manager or not. It's obvious he can motivate players evidenced in the significant wins and a streak of unbeaten games I thought was beyond Hibs teams in my lifetime. but we're talking about a number of things colliding - an increasing demand on players to fight and maintain standards on 3 fronts - demanding mental and physical toughness and endurance plus blending in players new or returning to the team.

We've had the "go-right through them" types and perhaps the "molly-coddling" types. The balance is illusive and the thing is we just don't know what works with a group of players. Each group is different and the dynamic changes as personnel changes or even without as players and management deal with what they face. The important thing is to have a manager who can observe, learn and the.adapt his style in a given scenario. Stubbs it still learning but I think he's got it in him to do the right thing.

ekhibee
28-02-2016, 05:59 PM
I think folks need to make up their minds. Either they trust the manager or not. It's obvious he can motivate players evidenced in the significant wins and a streak of unbeaten games I thought was beyond Hibs teams in my lifetime. but we're talking about a number of things colliding - an increasing demand on players to fight and maintain standards on 3 fronts - demanding mental and physical toughness and endurance plus blending in players new or returning to the team.

We've had the "go-right through them" types and perhaps the "molly-coddling" types. The balance is illusive and the thing is we just don't know what works with a group of players. Each group is different and the dynamic changes as personnel changes or even without as players and management deal with what they face. The important thing is to have a manager who can observe, learn and the.adapt his style in a given scenario. Stubbs it still learning but I think he's got it in him to do the right thing.
Good post. It's all about context IMO. They've had quite a good season so far, playing in a league full of teams that we should, for the most part, be beating anyway. There's definitely been a feel good factor, but this team are still a long way off being the finished article. There's still a lot to play for of course, but if we were to lose the League Cup final and get pumped by Inverness in the SC next week, he'd have every reason to be extremely annoyed. We've set our own standards this season, beating 4 premiership teams in cup competitions, while Sevco got humped by St Johnstone and struggled to beat a Killie side that's been 2nd bottom for most of the season. On these performances we should be well up to beating Ross County and Inverness, and we should be a lot closer to Sevco than we are. Maybe I'm different from most people on here, but if we were to lose these games, the very last thing I would be doing is molly-coddling them. To be fair, the team have put us in the situation we are, fighting on 3 different fronts, and that's great, but now is one of the very worst times to have a dip in form. Obviously that sounds like a very pessimistic scenario, which I obviously hope is totally wrong, and look forward to celebrating another League Cup win and who knows with the Scottish Cup. Promotion is more important than both of those, so that has to get priority.

Gerard
29-02-2016, 02:31 PM
This is the time when the team needs the head coach and all who support Hibs to get behind the team and cheer them to success. Success does not come as a divine right. It has to come through hard work, ability and belief in what you are doing. It also requires a PMA.

SeanWilson
29-02-2016, 03:45 PM
for those "in the know"

seems all love and hugs.

the man beat cancer twice. I think he has some steel about him :agree:

reservoir hibee
01-03-2016, 06:22 PM
the man beat cancer twice. I think he has some steel about him :agree:

thats a fair point pal