View Full Version : Cup final tickets via Special delivery

28-02-2016, 09:08 AM
Ordered mine on Thursday afternoon paying £6.50 extra for special delivery and still weren't here by Saturday anyone else in the same boat ?!

28-02-2016, 09:12 AM
Maybe being delivered by elelephant? £6.50!? 😖

28-02-2016, 09:14 AM
Not in same boat but I only ordered special delivery once through Hibs, took longer and I ended up having to go to post office to get them. All first class deliveries have come in one or two days sure special took nearly week!

£1.00 charge since, never a problem.

28-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Not in same boat but I only ordered special delivery once through Hibs, took longer and I ended up having to go to post office to get them. All first class deliveries have come in one or two days sure special took nearly week!

£1.00 charge since, never a problem.

I opted for 1st class delivery, ordered on Tuesday and the tickets arrived safely on Friday.

bod
28-02-2016, 09:23 AM
did they not give you a tracking number ?

28-02-2016, 09:34 AM
did they not give you a tracking number ?

Nah just this...

Total face value £45.00
Special Delivery £6.50
Total Amount Paid £51.50

Also got a reference number , I ****ing better get them !!

28-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Nah just this...

Total face value £45.00
Special Delivery £6.50
Total Amount Paid £51.50

Also got a reference number , I ****ing better get them !!

Can't trust the Royal Mail mate, some postie's probably pocketed them. They're all at it.

28-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Can't trust the Royal Mail mate, some postie's probably pocketed them. They're all at it.

I think you'll get a few bites with that.

28-02-2016, 09:38 AM

There are a few dodgy yins in toon to be fair :hmmm:

Worst case scenario i'l buy more the morn

28-02-2016, 09:40 AM
I think you'll get a few bites with that.

Andy knows I'm joking!

It's rail staff you have to watch out for.

28-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Andy knows I'm joking!

Matty kens that a ken :thumbsup::thumbsup:

28-02-2016, 09:51 AM
*If you have chosen to have your ticket(s) posted Special Delivery, please allow 2 full working days.

Never saw this bit in my email, So to be fair if i ordered them Thursday afternoon you can't really count that as a full working day so Friday would be 1 working day and Monday would be 2 so tomorrow is the day i'l get them :cb:cb

28-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Andy knows I'm joking!

We don't do Mail by Rail any more :greengrin

28-02-2016, 12:38 PM
We don't do Mail by Rail any more :greengrin

Looooooong time ago :greengrin

28-02-2016, 12:40 PM
Special delivery means it can be tracked if you have the number assigned when it is posted. Presumably the club have the number so can tell exactly where it is.

28-02-2016, 12:44 PM
Special delivery means it can be tracked if you have the number assigned when it is posted. Presumably the club have the number so can tell exactly where it is.

My confirmation email has a reference number but no tracking number, So basically i've paid an extra £6.50 for **** all as they (imo) have been sent out bog standard:rolleyes:

28-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Looooooong time ago :greengrin

I can remember the mail trains coming into Waverley and getting loaded from the old mail warehouse on platform 2, maybe 12 years ago now and I still see the red mail trains kicking about from time to time when I'm at work. Don't know if they're actually carrying mail though. Maybe your tickets are on one :greengrin

28-02-2016, 12:51 PM
My confirmation email has a reference number but no tracking number, So basically i've paid an extra £6.50 for **** all as they (imo) have been sent out bog standard:rolleyes:

Yes but they wouldn't be able to provide the number as soon as you purchased it online.The club wouldn't have ripped you off, that's the Maroon Goon Platoons common practice not ours 😁

28-02-2016, 01:00 PM
Yes but they wouldn't be able to provide the number as soon as you purchased it online.The club wouldn't have ripped you off, that's the Maroon Goon Platoons common practice not ours 

My tickets SHOULD be here tomorrow and if they aint then that is not special delivery. So my point stands that i have paid extra for zip.

I'm no bothered in the least as i'l just buy mare tomorrow but it's no really the point

28-02-2016, 01:01 PM
I can remember the mail trains coming into Waverley and getting loaded from the old mail warehouse on platform 2, maybe 12 years ago now and I still see the red mail trains kicking about from time to time when I'm at work. Don't know if they're actually carrying mail though. Maybe your tickets are on one :greengrin

A might dae a Ronnie Biggs then :devil::greengrin

coldingham hibs
28-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Special Delivery is next day delivery but it depends when the sender posts it, it's not Royal Mail that post the items.

28-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Special Delivery is next day delivery but it depends when the sender posts it, it's not Royal Mail that post the items.

Unless you send on a Friday, in which case you have to pay a further premium to be delivered on the Saturday.

28-02-2016, 01:43 PM

Andy what does it say in the small print if the tickets are not delivered?

Hope you get them soon. It's been a crap week already without making it worse.

See you on the 13th. Glad it's not a Friday.

28-02-2016, 01:54 PM
Andy what does it say in the small print if the tickets are not delivered?

Hope you get them soon. It's been a crap week already without making it worse.

See you on the 13th. Glad it's not a Friday.

Small print sais its no hibs fault..I dinnae care who's ****ing fault it is i just want them in my hands!!

See you 2 weeks the day tho Rab:party::party::scarf:

Shields Hibee
29-02-2016, 11:22 PM
I paid for special delivery last Monday and had them by Weds. It does depend when they are sent but they're supposed to arrive the next working day.

I do recall paying for special delivery for the 2013 SC final and tickets were sent 1st Class post!! :rolleyes:

01-03-2016, 06:52 AM
All these folk getting them posted out and worrying about delivery could just pick them up at Easter Road on Sunday before the ICT game surely.

01-03-2016, 12:03 PM
3 tickets arrived the day :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anar 8 hopefully in the next day or 2 :cb:cb:cb:cb

bod
01-03-2016, 02:02 PM
3 tickets arrived the day :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Anar 8 hopefully in the next day or 2 :cb:cb:cb:cb

a wee tenner for yer postie then should be the order of the day

01-03-2016, 05:04 PM
a wee tenner for yer postie then should be the order of the day