PDA

View Full Version : Scottish football.

Brightside
27-02-2016, 10:28 PM
Its basically pish eh. All the team are very poor. Championship level on a good day. I had the pleasure of being through in glasgow this morning to watch the Hibs U13 girls team (who were very good). Prior to the game Celtic u15s girls were playing a local boys team. The girls team played out from foot to the defenders no matter what. The boys team lumped it up. The boys got hammered. Our youth teams at mens football is coached by grade A arse holes. We really have no chance of creating decent players. A player makes the scottish prem and suddenly thinks the are superstars. They are not, they are bang average and until kids get that we will never improve. Show ponies and coached by SAF wannabes. i actually heard after that game "you should be ashamed" He should be ashamed. Pish coach. No ideas. Wottes leaving was the worst thing for Scotland.

SeanWilson
28-02-2016, 10:58 AM
Its basically pish eh. All the team are very poor. Championship level on a good day. I had the pleasure of being through in glasgow this morning to watch the Hibs U13 girls team (who were very good). Prior to the game Celtic u15s girls were playing a local boys team. The girls team played out from foot to the defenders no matter what. The boys team lumped it up. The boys got hammered. Our youth teams at mens football is coached by grade A arse holes. We really have no chance of creating decent players. A player makes the scottish prem and suddenly thinks the are superstars. They are not, they are bang average and until kids get that we will never improve. Show ponies and coached by SAF wannabes. i actually heard after that game "you should be ashamed" He should be ashamed. Pish coach. No ideas. Wottes leaving was the worst thing for Scotland.

Its the same old same old. All the continental coaches will not let their teams play 11 a side, actual positional football until much later in development. Letting them play 7 a side or something similar, rotating positions with the common goal of trying to win the match.

We still seem to want to usher players in to positions from the age of 6-7... ie you're a big lad for your age... you're going to be a CH, you're quite quick and tricky... winger... etc etc... We have typecast them in to a role before they've even had a chance to develop.

Scottish football is utter, utter pish but hey ho... its our game, hibs are my team and thanks to my old man, thats my lot :greengrin

Lago
28-02-2016, 01:50 PM
What a depressing thread.

Thecat23
28-02-2016, 02:01 PM
Honestly.. yes our game is very poor and viewed by many players as just that. Let's not kid on its not as bad as some say because it is. The national team is honking the whole structure of Scottish football is honking and it's not changing anytime soon. It's not until you take in other games elsewhere you see just how bad things are here.

Needs huge investment at grass roots, and as another said stop this 11 a side on a huge park at the age of 10. I do think coaches these days are trying to adapt a different style but until it's changed altogether then we are banging our heads against a brick wall.

Still love watching Hibs, always will no matter how bad the football is.

bingo70
28-02-2016, 02:11 PM
I prefer watching Scottish football to other leagues, especially the English. At least we try to bring through our own young players, English football seems to be a case of trying to buy it in.

I don't know enough about youth football to argue with you, my perception though is that there has been efforts to improve the culture within the game.

The comparison with girls football isn't really that relevant imo, men and women's football are like different sports as they're played at such different speeds, I personally find woman's football boring but I respect you're obviously seeing it differently.

SkintHibby
28-02-2016, 02:17 PM
I mentioned to a football coach I work with about my ex getting her coaching badges. He just said "No disrespect but you just need to turn up to get your badges".

Says it all for me.

Haymaker
28-02-2016, 02:46 PM
I mentioned to a football coach I work with about my ex getting her coaching badges. He just said "No disrespect but you just need to turn up to get your badges".

Says it all for me.

Your first one aye. I certainly worked for my level 2 and working hard on my B.