PDA

View Full Version : Sportsound Today Again...Sorry

Real Emerald
27-02-2016, 07:12 PM
I'm raging that at half time today Alan Preston gleefully reported Scott Wilson had played Breaking Glass at Tynecastle and openly gloated about it. I don't actually mind Hearts gloating that we've crashed, especially after the result we had over them. However, Sportsound has become a Hearts and Aberdeen fans broadcasting station recently and for them to start reporting that Hearts are taking the pish and gloating about it takes the biscuit (excuse the pun). Even Chick Young seemed to be irked by the reaction at Tynecastle but between the lines he was having a go at the unprofessionalism of Preston (pot, kettle)!

I don't mind any off them rooting for their own teams but to report a pish take by Hearts is really not on, its the sort of things fans gloat about in the pub. Hibs really need to be asking questions of them. No way would it be reported if it was the other way about. I know I shouldn't listen to it but I like to keep up to date with what's happening in all the games!

I have obviously taken into account the fact that we've brought this on ourselves as per usual, but this is out of order...again. :grr:

Broken Gnome
27-02-2016, 07:14 PM
That turned into the most horrific moment of radio I'be ever heard, if you'd extended it into the full two minute excerpt...

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Anyone wanting to see what bottling is about there's a short video here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b-o4omr6F4g

Jim44
27-02-2016, 09:09 PM
I'm raging that at half time today Alan Preston gleefully reported Scott Wilson had played Breaking Glass at Tynecastle and openly gloated about it. I don't actually mind Hearts gloating that we've crashed, especially after the result we had over them. However, Sportsound has become a Hearts and Aberdeen fans broadcasting station recently and for them to start reporting that Hearts are taking the pish and gloating about it takes the biscuit (excuse the pun). Even Chick Young seemed to be irked by the reaction at Tynecastle but between the lines he was having a go at the unprofessionalism of Preston (pot, kettle)!

I don't mind any off them rooting for their own teams but to report a pish take by Hearts is really not on, its the sort of things fans gloat about in the pub. Hibs really need to be asking questions of them. No way would it be reported if it was the other way about. I know I shouldn't listen to it but I like to keep up to date with what's happening in all the games!

I have obviously taken into account the fact that we've brought this on ourselves as per usual, but this is out of order...again. :grr:

I mentioned this in an earlier post. They must have realised that Preston had gone over the score as Gordon made him backtrack.

johnbc70
27-02-2016, 09:24 PM
The ultimate bottle crashing was Dens Park in 86. Don't think that will ever be beaten.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2016, 09:26 PM
The ultimate bottle crashing was Dens Park in 86. Don't think that will ever be beaten.

I agree, lots of bottles crashed that day, and in the cup final a few weeks later against Aberdeen

leggeto
27-02-2016, 09:29 PM

Heard it,unprofessional in his job,unbiased opinions is what we should be hearing, not all his childish remarks

Stokesy's on fire
27-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Aberdeens bottle crashed today they are Scotland's biggest bottle jobs just now.

Real Emerald
27-02-2016, 10:02 PM
Aberdeens bottle crashed today they are Scotland's biggest bottle jobs just now.

The point is not who are the biggest bottler's it's the treatment we're constantly being giving by BBC Sportsound. They are on us all the time and it really should be stopped. Banter is banter but they have taken it too far time and time again recently. Shocking!

Stokesy's on fire
27-02-2016, 10:03 PM
The point is not who are the biggest bottler's it's the treatment we're constantly being giving by BBC Sportsound. They are on us all the time and it really should be stopped. Banter is banter but they have taken it too far time and time again recently. Shocking!

Agree but they are dinosaurs who should really should be moved on.

Spike Mandela
27-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Get Leeann on the case.

monarch
27-02-2016, 10:18 PM
Was raging when I heard Preston refer to this. No problem with Scott Wilson (banter to his audience and would like to think our announcer would do the same) but Preston's , and Richard Gordon's professionalism shouldn't have descended to this level. Full marks on this occasion to Chic Young who pulled them up sharpish.

Col2
27-02-2016, 10:19 PM
Heard it and commented on another thread that I smiled at the time. I smiled because it showed the complete bitterness and desperation to jump on one of few moments in past few months to have a go at Hibs.

Let's be clear that Scottish cup game and replay - the game they screwed up after being 2-0 up and the replay when they never looked like scoring, they were the last moments of excitement for them this season. And they lost. Again. To the biggest rivals.

They are stuck with turgid football, terrible amtmosphere and a dozen games with zero excitement.

As I say I smiled. It was as clear as indicator as any that for Wilson and Preston they are hurting big time. GIRUY losers.

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2016, 10:22 PM
Wilson just never misses a trick, does he? The man is obsessed with Hibs. He should be done for stalking.

Real Emerald
27-02-2016, 10:29 PM
Wilson just never misses a trick, does he? The man is obsessed with Hibs. He should be done for stalking.

Good on him though, that is exactly what he's there to do and I've no problem with it. The point is the gloating on a national radio station and the obvious hate they pour out towards Hibs is just not on.

Hibeesmad
Mind that time Scott Wilson watched Hibs pack out Tynecastle and progress to the league cup final and then watch Hearts throw away a 2-0 lead with 15 mins to go haha.

I'm on my way..

broondog

THIS. guy is an absolute idiot and it is disgraceful that one of his bits of "banter" was reported on the radio. the establishment back them though so no surprises.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2016, 10:34 PM

can you imagine any old-firm loving pundits gloating at the other old firm team...nope, wouldn't happen, preston and gordon(lately) are utter amateurs, they are like a pair of wee kids with their pathetic snide comments about hibs

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Good on him though, that is exactly what he's there to do and I've no problem with it. The point is the gloating on a national radio station and the obvious hate they pour out towards Hibs is just not on.

It's sad stuff all round really. Wilson playing a song at Tynecastle at half time because Hibs are losing at Dumbarton, then Preston thinking it's the funniest thing he's ever heard. That cup defeat has really hurt them.

Col2
27-02-2016, 10:50 PM
And they are still out the cup. Beaten by us AGAIN.

djs69
27-02-2016, 10:53 PM
So what really, footballs all about banter and ripping your local rivals, I'd be all for our announcer playing bills bills bills and the theme tune to Jimll Fix It

Thecat23
27-02-2016, 11:05 PM
BBC sportsound 😂

Preston 😂

Gordon 😂

I say switch off tune into CBeebies for a more balanced view.

Oh and the BBC is full of peado's and crooks so for me I gave up on them a while back 👋🏼

Real Emerald
27-02-2016, 11:18 PM
So what really, footballs all about banter and ripping your local rivals, I'd be all for our announcer playing bills bills bills and the theme tune to Jimll Fix It

But you can't let them get away with it. It's an utter disgrace they pull our club through the gutter at every opportunity. It's way beyond banter and should be stopped.

monktonharp
27-02-2016, 11:51 PM
I have just completed a sportsound survey on the bbc sports website. It wont matter what you complain about re-the likes of Gordon and that wee gorgie scroat, but take 2 mins to do the survey. Its done geographically, and they may get a hint if everyone ticks the box No 1. in every question.its only about their new pages, but in my small way I feel better in doing it.

CallumHibs07
27-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Stopped listening to Sportsound or watching sportscene a long time ago. Anti-Hibs fuds the lot of them. Love the sheep and the OF.

KeithTheHibby
28-02-2016, 01:16 AM
Scott Wilson is a massive **** end of. How did the derbies work out for you ya prick?!

Stokesy's on fire
28-02-2016, 03:39 AM
Was raging when I heard Preston refer to this. No problem with Scott Wilson (banter to his audience and would like to think our announcer would do the same) but Preston's , and Richard Gordon's professionalism shouldn't have descended to this level. Full marks on this occasion to Chic Young who pulled them up sharpish.

Our announcer got sacked for playing a song about the filth a few years back

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2016, 03:49 AM
Our announcer got sacked for playing a song about the filth a few years backNo he didn't. He was sacked because he done something his boss told him not to do.

Super_JMcGinn
28-02-2016, 05:55 AM

Have you ever heard an announcement over the tannoy during a game ? He announced we were 3-0 down then came the gloating from Preston followed by Young asking him surely Hearts would want to see Hibs back up for monetary reasons. Preston said they didn't need us as they sell out every week then went on to say he wants to see us go up.
I have been bemoaning the unprofessionalism of that station for years, Ferguson who was reporting on the Hibs game sounded like he was having an accident in his boxers when Dumbarton scored their goals, and could barely hide his delight.
All that said I rarely ever listen to it now and doubt if I will again, it is nauseating stuff and says more about the audience than it does the programme .

Alfred E Newman
28-02-2016, 06:24 AM
Unfortunately we keep giving these monkeys the ammunition with yesterday's embarrassment a perfect example.

Craig_in_Prague
28-02-2016, 06:37 AM
Stopped listening 3 or 4 years ago.
Its pitiful.
When i think of 5 live and other stations.. bbc Scotland, just woeful. Unfunny, slavering, nonsense.

Beefster
28-02-2016, 06:49 AM
Ive not been able to take Preston seriously since he got binned after a dozen or so games in his only shot at management for losing seven games in a row.

CorrieHibs
28-02-2016, 07:33 AM
Who cares if we're hated by these idiots. We've been hated by the press for years. Would love if we could just ban the BBC.

That sports sound is a joke. Full of old dinosaurs. I don't listen to it and therefore don't get upset.

I did ask a few hearts mates, If he did announce it at 3-0 during the match and they said no. He announced it was 2-0 at half time and kept that result to last. Tbf cos he couldn't say it on Wednesday as they weren't playing, he's probably been excited all week in case we slipped up. Let's be honest, it's not happened much this season therefore the excitement must of been too much.

Waxy
28-02-2016, 07:41 AM
30 years celebration of the greatest "bottle it" in history this year.We should all chip in for a statue of Albert Kidd.Where would we put it?

coldingham hibs
28-02-2016, 07:47 AM
I don't see the problem with Sportsound, they have praised Hibs to the hilt & been very complimentary. Stubbs is given loads of air time on the show, more than any other manager. Buiscuits is a Jambo and loves Hibs losing, but I've also heard him singing the praises of our team.

Our bubble has burst and we are now getting a bit of criticism and so we should.

easty
28-02-2016, 07:49 AM
A lot of people getting wound up over nothing in my opinion. If the extent of your worries is that a hearts fan(ny) off the radio is slagging hibs, then really you're doing pretty well. If you're expecting scintillating conversation, culture and entertainment, then what the **** are doing listening to sportsround anyway?

HIBEETILLIDIE
28-02-2016, 07:50 AM
I don't see the problem with Sportsound, they have praised Hibs to the hilt & been very complimentary. Stubbs is given loads of air time on the show, more than any other manager. Buiscuits is a Jambo and loves Hibs losing, but I've also heard him singing the praises of our team.

Our bubble has burst and we are now getting a bit of criticism and so we should.

Agreed

Hibby Kay-Yay
28-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Chick Dung said to Preston that Hearts would want Hibs up for financial reasons...Preston was quick to shoot him down saying...Hearts sell out every week, they don't need Hibs for financial reasons, look at today, another sell out Chick.

Their attendance today 16,354. Stadium capacity = 17,529

Beefster
28-02-2016, 07:55 AM

You're at it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-02-2016, 07:59 AM
Not sure that you can accuse Alan Preston and Richard Gordon of professionalism.

sleeping giant
28-02-2016, 08:00 AM
Agreed

:tee hee:

coldingham hibs
28-02-2016, 08:00 AM
You're at it.

I listen to Sportsound every day of the week & Stubbs is on frequently, that's a fact.

They talk a lot about Hibs and 99% is praise, that's only changed slightly in the last week.

Biscuits has sung Hibs praises all season, until our collapse. I'm sure he even tipped us to win the league.

lucky
28-02-2016, 08:15 AM
Wilson is excellent at his job but Preston is a clown. It's one thing to play up to the puddle drinkers inside the ground but it's pathetic for Preston to be reporting it. But it's simple if you don't like their radio show don't listen

matty_f
28-02-2016, 08:25 AM
I listen to Sportsound every day of the week & Stubbs is on frequently, that's a fact.

They talk a lot about Hibs and 99% is praise, that's only changed slightly in the last week.

Biscuits has sung Hibs praises all season, until our collapse. I'm sure he even tipped us to win the league.

I agree with this, to be honest.

Onion
28-02-2016, 08:43 AM

You're either at it, or naive. This is akin to Neilson trying to make us favourites before the derby cup game. Simply a ploy to heap pressure on Hibs so we fail. In Preston's case, he also uses it as a personal defence mechanism, so the shattering disappointment of any Hibs success is reduced.

Virtually every year Preston predicts Hibs will win the Scottish Cup. Does he believe that ? Not a chance. Simply trying to build up the expectation in his tiny little mind so our failure is all the more enjoyable when it comes.

I cannot think of a less professional commentator and he represents HOMFC and Hearts fans PERFECTLY. A classless, obsessed idiot.

Bayern Bru
28-02-2016, 08:49 AM
The thing to remember is that Preston isn't a media professional. He's a former footballer turned pundit. He's going to do stuff like this which folk like Gordon etc. wouldn't and should rightly be pulled up for it.

I don't think SportSound as a whole hates Hibs, I reckon there are probably one or two individuals who find it tough to stay neutral every now and then which I can understand, much as it's annoying, but it would be a shame if we turned into the paranoid masses in the west assuming that the entire meedja is out to get us.

Aldo
28-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Unfortunately we keep giving these monkeys the ammunition with yesterday's embarrassment a perfect example.

Totally irrelevant IMHO. As others have alluded the wouldn't be doing this if it was the OF or the other way around.

Can you imagine if we had done the same if the shoe was in the other foot.

I've not listened to that bunch for years and will say this, I'm all for banter but they seem to take it to an unacceptable level when it comes to Hibs.

I would suggest banning that **** of yam roasters Preston from ER and TBH the rest of the Sportsound team.

The seethe, bitterness and anti Hibs comments have been there for years.

I honestly do think they have an anti Hibs agenda and they take great pleasure in our demise.

They just cannot help themselves.

gaz1875
28-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Who cares if we're hated by these idiots. We've been hated by the press for years. Would love if we could just ban the BBC.

That sports sound is a joke. Full of old dinosaurs. I don't listen to it and therefore don't get upset.

I did ask a few hearts mates, If he did announce it at 3-0 during the match and they said no. He announced it was 2-0 at half time and kept that result to last. Tbf cos he couldn't say it on Wednesday as they weren't playing, he's probably been excited all week in case we slipped up. Let's be honest, it's not happened much this season therefore the excitement must of been too much.

He did announce it you heard it live on the radio when they were speaking to the hearts prick Preston.

Leith Green
28-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Sportsound and preston used to really wind me up. Now i honestly couldnt care less what he or that programme says or does.

In reality the whole of bbc scotland is awful. The football coverage and subsequent programmes are about 20 years out of date. Off the ball, only an excuse and open all mics are busted flushes. The presenters can be considered in the same catagory

Nicho87
28-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Old men thinking they're comedians. Stopped listening years ago.

lord bunberry
28-02-2016, 09:41 AM
I heard what happened and I couldn't believe what I was hearing tbh. Preston is an idiot, we all knew he was an idiot, but he sunk to a new low yesterday. Did they not make a big thing about the hibs announcer giving a score update from a Rangers game earlier in the season, when it didn't actually happen? I enjoy a bit of banter, but it's too one sided on that show. The audible sigh that Gordon gave out when Aberdeen conceded a penalty was incredible.

matty_f
28-02-2016, 09:45 AM
I heard what happened and I couldn't believe what I was hearing tbh. Preston is an idiot, we all knew he was an idiot, but he sunk to a new low yesterday. Did they not make a big thing about the hibs announcer giving a score update from a Rangers game earlier in the season, when it didn't actually happen? I enjoy a bit of banter, but it's too one sided on that show. The audible sigh that Gordon gave out when Aberdeen conceded a penalty was incredible.

I don't see the issue in them being partisan. Nowhere that I'm aware of, does it say they have to be unbiased. Look at the guys on Soccer Saturday on Sky, they're all delighted when their teams score and gutted when they concede.

I think we're oversensitive, and I also think a lot of the time folk hear what they want to hear. We've had loads of plaudits and attention from Sportsound this season - to the point where I actually thought they were overdoing it for a bit.

gaz1875
28-02-2016, 09:53 AM

Yes, and slated him for quite a bit on the show that day, I remember listening as I drove home in the car and wondered what they were on about, it was a lie.

lord bunberry
28-02-2016, 10:06 AM
I don't see the issue in them being partisan. Nowhere that I'm aware of, does it say they have to be unbiased. Look at the guys on Soccer Saturday on Sky, they're all delighted when their teams score and gutted when they concede.

I think we're oversensitive, and I also think a lot of the time folk hear what they want to hear. We've had loads of plaudits and attention from Sportsound this season - to the point where I actually thought they were overdoing it for a bit.

I don't think we're being over sensitive by commenting on something that happened that shouldn't have. Preston overstepped the mark imo. They were quick enough to have a go at us for allegedly doing something we didn't, but it's just banter when hearts do it.

lord bunberry
28-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Yes, and slated him for quite a bit on the show that day, I remember listening as I drove home in the car and wondered what they were on about, it was a lie.

I thought so. The show is a joke.

Aldo
28-02-2016, 10:12 AM
I don't see the issue in them being partisan. Nowhere that I'm aware of, does it say they have to be unbiased. Look at the guys on Soccer Saturday on Sky, they're all delighted when their teams score and gutted when they concede. I think we're oversensitive, and I also think a lot of the time folk hear what they want to hear. We've had loads of plaudits and attention from Sportsound this season - to the point where I actually thought they were overdoing it for a bit.

I hear what your saying Matty but the guys on Sky Sports etc are also happy to praise others and don't take each and every opportunity to put the boot in.

Yip we were relegated following a long period of demise and yes it was up for discussion but they way they are still going on about it is wrong.

Do you still hear them talking about what the yams did to their local businesses and charities..... Nope!! About their administration... Nope.

I've not got a problem with a pundit celebrating his/her team scoring or even winning but by all accounts Sportsound and in particular Preston are ripping the total piss.

This IMHO would happen in respect of the OF because there would by a riot.

I personally do think they have an agenda against us and take every opportunity to put us down.

If I was CEO of the club that mob and In particular Preston wouldn't get to set foot in ER again.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 11:10 AM

That was on off the ball not Sportsound and it actually wasn't as you say. I even listened back in iplayer to confirm it wasn't. Posted in the thread at the time.

Folk hear what they want to hear on the radio at times, post it on here then the hundreds that "stopped listening years ago" jump on the back of it and it becomes fact.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 11:12 AM

Do you still hear them talking about what the yams did to their local businesses and charities..... Nope!! About their administration... Nope.
are ripping the total piss.

Yes - Cosgrove has done so on many ocassions. Obviously you don't listen though so wouldn't have heard it.

reservoir hibee
28-02-2016, 11:19 AM

guy is a knob jockey. end of story

Malthibby
28-02-2016, 11:26 AM

That's it for me as well, quite enjoy the show, although meybes that's because of the kind of lack of choice that had 20 million folk watching Lulu on a 70's Saturday night.
Preston's a roaster but he doesn't (can't) pretend to be anything else. Perhaps the BBC should employ Deeks for a wee bit of balance?
GG

lucky
28-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Banning the BBC from ER because a pundit is a knob, really. What is Ths going to achieve? If you don't like their show don't listen

Malthibby
28-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Not the way Hibs behave; let's leave the banning pash to Sevco.

emerald green
28-02-2016, 11:43 AM
Did Preston say anything about his team getting another two penalties against Killie yesterday? How many is that so far this season?

I hear Killie were much improved under their new manager and should have got a draw at least. Not good news, should Hibs meet them in the play-offs.

Col2
28-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Did Preston say anything about his team getting another two penalties against Killie yesterday? How many is that so far this season?

I hear Killie were much improved under their new manager and should have got a draw at least. Not good news, should Hibs meet them in the play-offs.

Hearts have had 15 penalties this season in the league more than any other club in Scotland. The Rangers a close second and between them more penalties than we have got in the last ten years in total.

Ok I made the last stat up. But they don't half like throwing themselves down in the penalty box. They have missed 6 of the 15.

Alex Trager
28-02-2016, 11:52 AM

Our collapse?

Haha my my.

What collapse is that you talk of?
We have lost two games which pretty much cemented what we knew already.

If we get pumped out the Scottish and beaten in the league cup then lose second place we can talk about a collapse. As it is. Nothing has changed.

emerald green
28-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Hearts have had 15 penalties this season in the league more than any other club in Scotland. The Rangers a close second and between them more penalties than we have got in the last ten years in total.

Ok I made the last stat up. But they don't half like throwing themselves down in the penalty box. They have missed 6 of the 15.

Thanks. That's 15 penalties, so far, this season yet they constantly moan about referees having it in for them. :rolleyes:

I might be wrong, but I don't think Hibs have had as many as 15 penalties in a whole season that I can recall. Have they?

Aldo
28-02-2016, 12:23 PM
Yes - Cosgrove has done so on many ocassions. Obviously you don't listen though so wouldn't have heard it.

Need I don't but it's good to know! Thanks DH!

Brizo
28-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Sportsound has more than met its objective of dumbing down to compete with the commercial shock jock sports radio programmes where characters make noise solely to create a reaction. I don't have a problem with those stations as they stand or fall by the ratings and no ones forced to listen.

If the likes of Preston and Derek Ferguson who can hardly string a sentence together and are blatant with their own agendas were on commercial radio I wouldn't care less. But the BBC is very different and its us who are paying these characters wages. There are some good pundits on BBC Scotland like Pat Nevin and Craig Patterson who are examples of "fitba people" who can talk impartially and intelligently. Unfortunately they are in the minority on the dumbed down BBC Scotland.

gaz1875
28-02-2016, 02:00 PM
That was on off the ball not Sportsound and it actually wasn't as you say. I even listened back in iplayer to confirm it wasn't. Posted in the thread at the time.

Folk hear what they want to hear on the radio at times, post it on here then the hundreds that "stopped listening years ago" jump on the back of it and it becomes fact.

Are you saying they never said the Hibs announcer gave the Rangers score during the match, and slated him for that? I don't know the name of the show but it was BBC Scotland.

Wee Effen Bee
28-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Hi guys. First post for me and I obviously would have preferred to have contributed to a more positive thread but hey ho! I don't mind pundits getting worked up about their own team when they want to but the continual wee digs at Hibs can be a bit wearing. Yes they do big up Hibs when we are doing well (natural enough but surely they do it with all teams when they are flying?). Maybe I just miss when other teams are ripped the same manner we appear to be when they are not doing as well.
What really irked me yesterday though was Off the Ball when TC and SC were discussing Hibs and a couple of Anti Hibs emails/texts were read out. The consensus was that Hibs bottle will have crashed if we are beaten in the final and in the Sc quarters. I just can't see that TBH. We have beaten 4 PL clubs, one after coming from 2-0 down away from home with 10 mins to go, and not conceded at home in either cup. We have scored a few late/injury time goals to win/draw in the league too so we have demonstrated a resilience which has others appear to have missed completely - especially the guest on OTB who said Hibs have had a, "...soft spot this season when they have lost an early goal!" Nonsense! We might not win any cup but the priority is going up. Win a cup and be promoted is probably more than most of us would have really wished for at the start of the season.
Love and Peace

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Are you saying they never said the Hibs announcer gave the Rangers score during the match, and slated him for that? I don't know the name of the show but it was BBC Scotland.

It was off the ball and one of them thought they heard Charlie Mann say it. The other said they doubted it.

gaz1875
28-02-2016, 02:14 PM
It was off the ball and one of them thought they heard Charlie Mann say it. The other said they doubted it.

Well that's not what I heard them say although I missed the first comment because I had just returned to my car after the match, it went on quite a bit, at first I never realised they were talking about the Hibs game, because the only announcement made during the end of the match was the crowd. I do stand to be corrected though.

Real Emerald
28-02-2016, 02:16 PM
Hi guys. First post for me and I obviously would have preferred to have contributed to a more positive thread but hey ho! I don't mind pundits getting worked up about their own team when they want to but the continual wee digs at Hibs can be a bit wearing. Yes they do big up Hibs when we are doing well (natural enough but surely they do it with all teams when they are flying?). Maybe I just miss when other teams are ripped the same manner we appear to be when they are not doing as well.
What really irked me yesterday though was Off the Ball when TC and SC were discussing Hibs and a couple of Anti Hibs emails/texts were read out. The consensus was that Hibs bottle will have crashed if we are beaten in the final and in the Sc quarters. I just can't see that TBH. We have beaten 4 PL clubs, one after coming from 2-0 down away from home with 10 mins to go, and not conceded at home in either cup. We have scored a few late/injury time goals to win/draw in the league too so we have demonstrated a resilience which has others appear to have missed completely - especially the guest on OTB who said Hibs have had a, "...soft spot this season when they have lost an early goal!" Nonsense! We might not win any cup but the priority is going up. Win a cup and be promoted is probably more than most of us would have really wished for at the start of the season.
Love and Peace

The other thing that's sprung to mind was them interviewing the Falkirk fans at half time to drum up support to prove that Hibs shouldn't have been awarded a penalty. That was a first and a blatant attempt to undermine Hibs. Can you imagine them doing that at an old firm game! Welcome by the way :aok:

hibby6270
28-02-2016, 02:26 PM

Tynecastle - April 1965 - is right up there with it. Maybe even tops it. 2 points ahead. Last day of the season. As I understand it, the only defeat they couldn't have that day was 0-2.

1-3 or 2-4 or any 1 goal defeat, would have still given them the title on goal average (as it was calculated back then).

They got beat 0-2 in front if their own fans by Killie on last day of season and Killie won the title.

Takes a helluva lot of bottle to erse it up that badly. :greengrin:na na:

Wee Effen Bee
28-02-2016, 03:03 PM
The other thing that's sprung to mind was them interviewing the Falkirk fans at half time to drum up support to prove that Hibs shouldn't have been awarded a penalty. That was a first and a blatant attempt to undermine Hibs. Can you imagine them doing that at an old firm game! Welcome by the way :aok:

:agree:Now that was surreal! Hadn't seen it in all my years of watching fitba and haven't seen them do it with anyone else since:greengrin

MyJo
28-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Dont know, dont care, dont listen.

Thats my feelings towards BBC Radio Scotland summed up.

Id rather just get the full time scores later in the day than listen to that p**h.

hibsboy69
28-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Sorry to go against the grain, but in the main I enjoy listening to Sportsound and I really like Richard Gordon (his son is a Hibs fan by the way).

I know both Allan and Scott. I grew up playing football with Allan, and as everyone who knows him properly will confirm, he is in fact a Rangers fan. The "Hearts supporting" thing was made up by his agent when he was signing for Hearts. He now plays up to it of course, so in that respect he is a bit of a cockend. He's always guaranteed a massive bite from Hibs fans..................try just ignoring it.......it works for me !

Scott is a diehard Jambo who dislikes Hibs.........that about sums it up. He's actually a nice guy apart from that (and a decent goalie!)

The "anti" BBC in general (and more specifically Sportsound) camp on here is cringeworthy IMHO. It reeks of Celtic and Rangers "Conspiracy theory" type behaviour.

Richard Gordon - likes Hibs and his son supports us
Craig Paterson - Hibs fan and ex player
Pat Nevin - him and his son are Hibs fans

So the BBC aren't anti Hibs IMHO. :aok:

SkintHibby
28-02-2016, 09:43 PM
Wilson and Preston are hurting and will obviously obsess over any Hibs failings. It's called football rivalry ffs.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-02-2016, 06:05 AM
If Hibs had had a creditors list longer than John Holmes member these BBC shows would've had a field day but, with THEM it's all been about their phoenix like rise from the ashes.

marinello59
29-02-2016, 06:12 AM
If Hibs had had a creditors list longer than John Holmes member these BBC shows would've had a field day but, with THEM it's all been about their phoenix like rise from the ashes.

No they wouldn't, nobody cares outside of the Hibs support. The whole sporting integrity thing that kept getting flung at Sevco was a load of garbage. It had nowt to do with sporting integrity and everything To do with point scoring. Otherwise why weren't fans of all other clubs joining in with us in condemning Hearts. If we had done the same as our rivals it would have been exactly the same, apart from Hearts fans nobody else would be talking about it much.

Kato
29-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Sportsound has more than met its objective of dumbing down to compete with the commercial shock jock sports radio programmes where characters make noise solely to create a reaction. I don't have a problem with those stations as they stand or fall by the ratings and no ones forced to listen.

If the likes of Preston and Derek Ferguson who can hardly string a sentence together and are blatant with their own agendas were on commercial radio I wouldn't care less. But the BBC is very different and its us who are paying these characters wages. There are some good pundits on BBC Scotland like Pat Nevin and Craig Patterson who are examples of "fitba people" who can talk impartially and intelligently. Unfortunately they are in the minority on the dumbed down BBC Scotland.

Agreed. Couldn't really care less what the say or feel about Hibs. For me Preston is just yer typical squeek-jambo and Gordon, a dried prig. Commercial radio thrives on that type of guy and their "opinion" and good luck to them.

However, the fact it's on the BBC and I'm expected to pay towards their drivel brings me to want them both out of ER for as long as possible. It's the only power we have over them.

JimBHibees
29-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Heard it and commented on another thread that I smiled at the time. I smiled because it showed the complete bitterness and desperation to jump on one of few moments in past few months to have a go at Hibs.

Let's be clear that Scottish cup game and replay - the game they screwed up after being 2-0 up and the replay when they never looked like scoring, they were the last moments of excitement for them this season. And they lost. Again. To the biggest rivals.

They are stuck with turgid football, terrible amtmosphere and a dozen games with zero excitement.

As I say I smiled. It was as clear as indicator as any that for Wilson and Preston they are hurting big time. GIRUY losers.

Absolutely nail on the head and you can throw in the league cup semi at the shelter also.

Hermit Crab
29-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Sorry to go against the grain, but in the main I enjoy listening to Sportsound and I really like Richard Gordon (his son is a Hibs fan by the way).

I know both Allan and Scott. I grew up playing football with Allan, and as everyone who knows him properly will confirm, he is in fact a Rangers fan. The "Hearts supporting" thing was made up by his agent when he was signing for Hearts. He now plays up to it of course, so in that respect he is a bit of a cockend. He's always guaranteed a massive bite from Hibs fans..................try just ignoring it.......it works for me !

Scott is a diehard Jambo who dislikes Hibs.........that about sums it up. He's actually a nice guy apart from that (and a decent goalie!)

The "anti" BBC in general (and more specifically Sportsound) camp on here is cringeworthy IMHO. It reeks of Celtic and Rangers "Conspiracy theory" type behaviour.

Richard Gordon - likes Hibs and his son supports us
Craig Paterson - Hibs fan and ex player
Pat Nevin - him and his son are Hibs fans

So the BBC aren't anti Hibs IMHO. :aok:

Richard Gordon is an Aberdeen fan as far as I know.

Paul Mitchell is a jambo

liam McLeod is an Aberdeen fan.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 09:26 AM
Did anyone hear Liam Craig (yesterday) talking about Rod Petrie's motivational talk the day before a derby?

JimBHibees
29-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Did anyone hear Liam Craig (yesterday) talking about Rod Petrie's motivational talk the day before a derby?

No what did he say? Think of the money we will lose if we dont beat them. :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 10:25 AM
No what did he say? Think of the money we will lose if we dont beat them. :greengrin

Pretty much that it was one of the best pre match talks he's heard. He let them know how much it meant to everyone etc.

He said it's a pity it wasn't on match day cos it might have made more of a difference.

JimBHibees
29-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Pretty much that it was one of the best pre match talks he's heard. He let them know how much it meant to everyone etc.

He said it's a pity it wasn't on match day cos it might have made more of a difference.

Interesting to hear that. Did we win?

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Interesting to hear that. Did we win?

No! Not sure if we drew or lost though.

easty
29-02-2016, 10:31 AM

If only he'd motivated him enough to hit the target.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 11:47 AM
If only he'd motivated him enough to hit the target.

It was the whole team he was motivating not just an individual.

I don't think it was the game where Craig scored the winner but I could be wrong.

hibsboy69
29-02-2016, 04:34 PM
Richard Gordon is an Aberdeen fan as far as I know.

Paul Mitchell is a jambo

liam McLeod is an Aberdeen fan.

All true (and Chick Young is a St Mirren/Rangers fan). I'm sure we could go on.

Anyway back to the thread - what's your point ? :aok:

Hermit Crab
29-02-2016, 06:41 PM
All true (and Chick Young is a St Mirren/Rangers fan). I'm sure we could go on.

Anyway back to the thread - what's your point ? :aok:

That its not as anti Hibs as some are making out.

Carheenlea
29-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Tuned in tonight and had to listen to Keith Jackson reiterate the theme of his Daily Record piece today which was apparently all about "Hibsing" it. This guy is a total clown, and if he is chief sportswriter at that paper then it says a lot about his standards have fallen dramatically in the written press. Michael Stewart was thankfully more thoughtful with his opinion on our last two games and crazy scorelines, putting mental fatigue in players not accustomed to having to churn out wins ever week or lose ground.

Jonnyboy
29-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Tuned in tonight and had to listen to Keith Jackson reiterate the theme of his Daily Record piece today which was apparently all about "Hibsing" it. This guy is a total clown, and if he is chief sportswriter at that paper then it says a lot about his standards have fallen dramatically in the written press. Michael Stewart was thankfully more thoughtful with his opinion on our last two games and crazy scorelines, putting mental fatigue in players not accustomed to having to churn out wins ever week or lose ground.

Equivalent to being chief writer on the Beano

hibsboy69
29-02-2016, 08:04 PM
That its not as anti Hibs as some are making out.

Right, understood and agreed 👍🏻

Spike Mandela
29-02-2016, 08:05 PM

His 'Sevcoing' is off the radar.:cb

tamig
29-02-2016, 08:14 PM

I thought Michael Stewart gave an excellent opinion tonight. Jackson is an erse of the highest order though.

matty_f
29-02-2016, 08:29 PM

Heard it in the car earlier, he said it wasn't just what Petrie said, but how he said it. Said you could tell he was emotional and how much the club meant to everyone.

It was surprising, to be honest.

TheHarpy76
01-03-2016, 04:43 AM
We aren't half coming across as precious little souls on this thread.
Preston shouldn't have gloated on national radio, that's fair enough but if the roles were reversed we would have a thread on here ******* ourselves laughing about it.

Aldo
01-03-2016, 06:20 AM
We aren't half coming across as precious little souls on this thread. Preston shouldn't have gloated on national radio, that's fair enough but if the roles were reversed we would have a thread on here ******* ourselves laughing about it.

As for precious little souls. Looks like your not bothered one bit from your opening line! If your happy to have a roaster like Preston rip right into the team you support then right enough.....it's not the first and sure as hell won't be the last time he goes it.

He needs told to shut his face moon face pus!

easty
01-03-2016, 06:38 AM
I agree with TheHarpy. We are awfy precious.

In Reservoir Dogs there's a Mr Orange and Mr Blue for Rangers, and a Mr Brown for Hearts. There's nae Mr Green. Tarantino is one of the most famous directors in the world, nae respect for Hibs though. Obviously anti-Hibs. What a dick.

greenlex
01-03-2016, 07:33 AM
I agree with TheHarpy. We are awfy precious.

In Reservoir Dogs there's a Mr Orange and Mr Blue for Rangers, and a Mr Brown for Hearts. There's nae Mr Green. Tarantino is one of the most famous directors in the world, nae respect for Hibs though. Obviously anti-Hibs. What a dick.
Mr Pink for Hearts surely.

Pete
01-03-2016, 08:08 AM
Mr Pink for Hearts surely.

Or the gimp from pulp fiction.

Geo_1875
01-03-2016, 08:31 AM
Preston shouldn't have gloated on national radio, that's fair enough but if the roles were reversed we would have a thread on here ******* ourselves laughing about it.

He can say what he wants when he's not being paid by licence fee payers.

easty
01-03-2016, 08:55 AM

Is that how it works is it?

That women on Soccer AM is tragic, I don't like what she says. I pay for Sky, so I want her to not be on the telly anymore.

Geo_1875
01-03-2016, 08:59 AM

That women on Soccer AM is tragic, I don't like what she says. I pay for Sky, so I want her to not be on the telly anymore.

That's a bit different.

SKY is a privately owned broadcaster and Rupert Murdoch thinks you're a ****.

The BBC is a public service broadcaster funded by a compulsory licence fee. It should be unbiased. It isn't.

Kato
01-03-2016, 09:10 AM

That's all very well but posters on here aren't paid by the National Broadcaster, which has a remit of impartiality.

StevieT
01-03-2016, 09:12 AM
Equivalent to being chief writer on the Beano

Now, now Jonnyboy. There are some good stories in the Beano.

Kato
01-03-2016, 09:16 AM

That would be your choice to stop paying for it. We don't have such a choice with the BBC.

marinello59
01-03-2016, 09:19 AM
That's all very well but posters on here aren't paid by the National Broadcaster, which has a remit of impartiality.

We love to dish it out don't we but if anybody gives us anything back its "get the man, get the man."
We are talking about fitba punditry here, not reporting of events from a United Nations summit. It will be and should be a mixture of informed comment and banter. Prior to kick off against Morton we were getting universal praise from the pundits. Afterwards we quite rightly came in for criticism and a few digs. Play well again and it will be back to praise. You will find Celtic fans, Hearts fans and Sevco fans all making the same claims of bias against their club as are being made here. They can't all be right.

Geo_1875
01-03-2016, 09:58 AM
We love to dish it out don't we but if anybody gives us anything back its "get the man, get the man."
We are talking about fitba punditry here, not reporting of events from a United Nations summit. It will be and should be a mixture of informed comment and banter. Prior to kick off against Morton we were getting universal praise from the pundits. Afterwards we quite rightly came in for criticism and a few digs. Play well again and it will be back to praise. You will find Celtic fans, Hearts fans and Sevco fans all making the same claims of bias against their club as are being made here. They can't all be right.

If I want banter and unashamed pish I'll tune in to Off the Ball. Open All Mics should be reporting the action from games not providing fans with an opportunity to dig up their rivals. It is after all funded by taxpayers of all persuasions.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2016, 09:59 AM
If I want banter and unashamed pish I'll tune in to Off the Ball. Open All Mics should be reporting the action from games not providing fans with an opportunity to dig up their rivals. It is after all funded by taxpayers of all persuasions.

On the flip side, then, would you not want fans to "big up" their rivals? Most of the time I've listened this season, that's what I've heard about Hibs.

marinello59
01-03-2016, 10:05 AM

Maybe we should totally forget that fitba is supposed to be part of the entertainments industry then and insist that our national broadcaster reports on all matches as if they were state funerals. We can't have them upsetting anyone by showing any sort of passion. Banter must be banned because we just can't handle it.

Geo_1875
01-03-2016, 10:06 AM
On the flip side, then, would you not want fans to "big up" their rivals. Most of the time I've listened this season, that's what I've heard about Hibs.

It's easy for the likes of Preston to acknowledge when Hibs are playing well or even big them up as they come across as knowledgable and fairminded. When things go wrong the claws come out and they get to wet their pants.

bigwheel
01-03-2016, 10:08 AM
we really need to get over our sensitivities...leading up to the Morton game the tone of the commentary on our team on Sportsound was gushing. It was praise all the way...they could not say a bad word about us...now that we have blown our league chances, why shouldn't we get a few jokes and a bit of stick...frankly, it's deserved...when we are good they praise us, we we aren't we get stick...that's the way it should be..

JimBHibees
01-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Maybe we should totally forget that fitba is supposed to be part of the entertainments industry then and insist that our national broadcaster reports on all matches as if they were state funerals. We can't have them upsetting anyone by showing any sort of passion. Banter must be banned because we just can't handle it.

One sided banter isnt funny if not the same across the Board to all teams equally. Can you imagine the reaction if someone like Derek Ferguson was covering a Celtic game and couldnt contain himself if there was a goal scored against Celtic or the other way round with Murdo or whoever. I think we all know what the reaction would be, it simply would not be allowed to happen.

Kojock
01-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Now, now Jonnyboy. There are some good stories in the Beano.

They are more believable stories in the Beano too.

Mikey09
01-03-2016, 10:34 AM
I have no problem with banter on Sportsound. It can be good and quite entertaining sometimes. However what I do have a problem with is Preston and a couple of others who constantly have snide remarks about Hibs that really aren't funny in the slightest. All they are doing is laughing at our expense and playing up to the Yams. Do we ever hear him have "banter" re Hertz ****hole of a main stand? Or "banter" about Nielsons constant "Aye, wi practice wi ten men" drivel?! Preston and Mikey Stewart are both Yams... But that's where the similarities end. Stewart can have a laugh, talk football and is very knowledgable and professional. Preston just has constant snide digs at Hibs. Can't believe anyone would stick up for that arse of a man on this forum.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2016, 10:36 AM
I have no problem with banter on Sportsound. It can be good and quite entertaining sometimes. However what I do have a problem with is Preston and a couple of others who constantly have snide remarks about Hibs that really aren't funny in the slightest. All they are doing is laughing at our expense and playing up to the Yams. Do we ever hear him have "banter" re Hertz ****hole of a main stand? Or "banter" about Nielsons constant "Aye, wi practice wi ten men" drivel?! Preston and Mikey Stewart are both Yams... But that's where the similarities end. Stewart can have a laugh, talk football and is very knowledgable and professional. Preston just has constant snide digs at Hibs. Can't believe anyone would stick up for that arse of a man on this forum.

He doesn't, though. As many have said on here, he's been very complimentary about us when it's merited.

easty
01-03-2016, 10:47 AM
One sided banter isnt funny if not the same across the Board to all teams equally. Can you imagine the reaction if someone like Derek Ferguson was covering a Celtic game and couldnt contain himself if there was a goal scored against Celtic or the other way round with Murdo or whoever. I think we all know what the reaction would be, it simply would not be allowed to happen.

Just because you can't upset Rangers or Celtc fans without them becoming wee babies and throwing their toys out the pram, doesn't mean we should be the same, does it?

JimBHibees
01-03-2016, 10:51 AM
Just because you can't upset Rangers or Celtc fans without them becoming wee babies and throwing their toys out the pram, doesn't mean we should be the same, does it?

Not saying we should however if there are standards for some there should be the same standards applied for all. Can remember almost breaking my hand by punching it on the kitchen worktop when Ross County scored an eaualiser against Hibs at ER in the cup, the euphoria was palpable from Preston who was covering the game and also Blobbo who was covering the ICT game. Bit of banter is fine however actively taking the mickey and revelling when a team has just lost a goal is complete nonsense.

Mikey09
01-03-2016, 11:02 AM
He doesn't, though. As many have said on here, he's been very complimentary about us when it's merited.

Ok. Constant is maybe taking it to far Crops. But without doubt he grasps nearly every opportunity to revel in goals scored against us, defeats and anything else he passes off as banter.

Geo_1875
01-03-2016, 11:06 AM
Not saying we should however if there are standards for some there should be the same standards applied for all. Can remember almost breaking my hand by punching it on the kitchen worktop when Ross County scored an eaualiser against Hibs at ER in the cup, the euphoria was palpable from Preston who was covering the game and also Blobbo who was covering the ICT game. Bit of banter is fine however actively taking the mickey and revelling when a team has just lost a goal is complete nonsense.

You can tell when a goal is scored against Hibs. Preston's voice takes on the tone of a nuclear alert siren and dogs all over Scotland run around in circles barking.

Col2
01-03-2016, 11:24 AM

Maybe so but his bitterness comes out big time when things don't go our way. I think he is great - a comedy figure as he was an average player, a dreadful manager/coach, now a football agent (or part of agent company) and a pitiful excuse as a pundit. At least Chic Young doesn't try and hide his lack of actual hands on football experience.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2016, 11:30 AM
So much of this thread helps to prove that old saying (was it Oscar Wilde?)... there's only one thing worse than people talking about me, it's people not talking about me.

The fact that we are having this discussion (and, I'll wager, there will be others on similar boards about Young/Stewart/Paterson/Gordon/Ferguson) almost justifies the BBC having these people on. As with Savage, Collymore and Lawrenson, they wind people up, provoke heated debate and actually get people listening.

... which is kind of their job. :cb

Beefster
01-03-2016, 11:34 AM

If the BBC only broadcast stuff that would not offend anyone or would only get universal approval, it would be a 24 hour test card and someone would still complain about it.

I don't like Preston and he's a horrific pundit but the 'I get forced to pay for the BBC so they shouldn't be allowed to upset me' argument is nonsense.

Mikey09
01-03-2016, 11:38 AM
So much of this thread helps to prove that old saying (was it Oscar Wilde?)... there's only one thing worse than people talking about me, it's people not talking about me.

The fact that we are having this discussion (and, I'll wager, there will be others on similar boards about Young/Stewart/Paterson/Gordon/Ferguson) almost justifies the BBC having these people on. As with Savage, Collymore and Lawrenson, they wind people up, provoke heated debate and actually get people listening.

... which is kind of their job. :cb

Yep. Totally agree. However it's such a cheap, lazy way of getting people to listen. As I said before, Mikey Stewart provokes debate yet manages to do it without using the kind of childish, playground antics Preston does. I expect that type of banter from my mates down the boozer... Not from someone paid to be professional on the radio.

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Yep. Totally agree. However it's such a cheap, lazy way of getting people to listen. As I said before, Mikey Stewart provokes debate yet manages to do it without using the kind of childish, playground antics Preston does. I expect that type of banter from my mates down the boozer... Not from someone paid to be professional on the radio.

So... and I am saying this with my tongue in my cheek.... the way to get rid of Preston is to ignore him, and not to talk about him on here, and not to complain to the BBC?

:greengrin

TheHarpy76
01-03-2016, 06:15 PM
As for precious little souls. Looks like your not bothered one bit from your opening line! If your happy to have a roaster like Preston rip right into the team you support then right enough.....it's not the first and sure as hell won't be the last time he goes it.

He needs told to shut his face moon face pus!

I couldn't really give a toss what Preston says or thinks of us.

Like I said, if we played a similar song at Easter Road and the Sportsound guys were gloating about then we would think it was funny as hell.

jgl07
01-03-2016, 06:25 PM
They actually interrupted the match on Saturday to report over the loudspeaker that Dumbarton had scored their third goal.

Super_JMcGinn
01-03-2016, 06:30 PM
I couldn't really give a toss what Preston says or thinks of us.

Like I said, if we played a similar song at Easter Road and the Sportsound guys were gloating about then we would think it was funny as hell.
Don't think it is the song so much as it was the announcement during the game that we were 3-0 down. I see the cretin is at his beloved club's game tonight again.

monarch
01-03-2016, 06:57 PM
Don't mind criticism but should be even handed. Quite recently a team based not too far from ER lost 2 games in a row. One was against the bottom team in the league while the other was against a lower league team. :wink: Also this team has lost interest in the 2 cup competitions.
Surely they've lost their bottle. Well they can't have because the media have never mentioned it, in fact they're touting half their team for Scotland.

Wee Effen Bee
01-03-2016, 07:01 PM
This has turned into an interesting discussion.:greengrin I remember when OAM went to D. Ferguson 'reporting' on the final Rangers game when they won the 2nd division. His actual comment on Rangers winning that league was, "...phenomenal!" Not one commentator or pundit had a go at him using that phrase. Some of the Rangers players were being paid more than most premier team professionals and had bags of European and international experience. Still, according to the "Eh...eh...eh" man, it was a phenomenal achievement. I decided then and there that I would do my best not to get too peed off at the programme. The truth is, I cant really take any of them seriously at all.

Postscript: I still reserve the right to come on here and moan about some things they say if it gets on my knockers though - especially if they are untruths.:wink:

Wee Effen Bee
01-03-2016, 07:02 PM
Don't mind criticism but should be even handed. Quite recently a team based not too far from ER lost 2 games in a row. One was against the bottom team in the league while the other was against a lower league team. :wink: Also this team has lost interest in the 2 cup competitions.
Surely they've lost their bottle. Well they can't have because the media have never mentioned it, in fact they're touting half their team for Scotland.

:agree::greengrin

Sammy7nil
16-03-2016, 07:17 PM
Probably done to death but Richard Gordon comes across as a real tw@t. At least three times prior to the game he laughed or made jokey comments about Stubbs saying the team had a free attacking role. I used to like him and thought he was the only sane guy on the programme now I think he is a f@nny :rolleyes:

Alfred E Newman
16-03-2016, 07:24 PM
Probably done to death but Richard Gordon comes across as a real tw@t. At least three times prior to the game he laughed or made jokey comments about Stubbs saying the team had a free attacking role. I used to like him and thought he was the only sane guy on the programme now I think he is a f@nny :rolleyes:

I listened to the podcast from Sunday and Gordon was wetting himself at full time. His first comment was " absolutely brilliant".

Famous Fiver
16-03-2016, 07:31 PM
Willie Miller had ICT playing Hearts tonight.

You couldn't make it up.

Aldo
16-03-2016, 07:35 PM
They always have been and always will be a bunch of ****ing grade a roaster ****ers!

Ronniekirk
16-03-2016, 07:37 PM
They always have been and always will be a bunch of ****ing grade a roaster ****ers!

And we know you dinnae like Roasters Aldo ,especially grade A ones green grin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SlickShoes
16-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Since full time all the BBC have done is go on about how amazing it was that Inverness went for it and tried to win, no praise for hibs just that Inverness really made it a game and tried really hard...... to beat a team from the league below, aye well done.

Wasn't convinced they did hate us but aye they do it's a fairly obvious bias, no idea why folk hate hibs so much.

bawheid
16-03-2016, 08:57 PM
Listening to it just now - it's totally blatent! I reckon Richard Gordon jacks off over these threads. Smelly sheep molesting tramp.

Col2
16-03-2016, 08:59 PM
Wow we needed that win. Sportsound and Richard Gordon usual bitter stuff. Even John Hughes is giving us praise.

paddy1875
16-03-2016, 09:08 PM
I honestly think they want hibs to erse things up just to churn out the same old pish lines 'typical hibs' bla..bla...bla...

hibee_girl
16-03-2016, 09:08 PM
Chick Young interviewing the Ross County manager after their game tonight, asks him if he's got a message for Stubbs after we make it to the semi final. Absolutely nothing to do with County's game tonight.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-03-2016, 09:29 PM
Media buffoonery continues out of desperation to attract and maintain an audience since the divorce of the ugly sisters.

Viva_Palmeiras
16-03-2016, 09:34 PM
If "no one remembers the losers" it's funny how the twunts can rattle through certain teams results...

jgl07
16-03-2016, 09:50 PM
Willie Miller had ICT playing Hearts tonight.

Don't laugh at the afflicted!

Winston Ingram
17-03-2016, 07:06 AM
Richard Gordon has hated Hibs for years.

I remember we were vying for 3rd with the Sheep the year Novo scored for Rangers to win the league at ER.

He'd obviously felt the Sheep were going to qualify for Europe before we went to Parkhead.

We've turned up there and pumped them 3-1 with goals from GOC, Ivan and Broony.

He was absolutely raging as was Willie Miller. I don't think i've ever witnessed a more unprofessional display of broadcasting.

marinello59
17-03-2016, 07:11 AM
Richard Gordon has hated Hibs for years.

I remember we were vying for 3rd with the Sheep the year Novo scored for Rangers to win the league at ER.

He'd obviously felt the Sheep were going to qualify for Europe before we went to Parkhead.

We've turned up there and pumped them 3-1 with goals from GOC, Ivan and Broony.

He was absolutely raging as was Willie Miller. I don't think i've ever witnessed a more unprofessional display of broadcasting.

I have heard him say a couple of times now he has a soft spot for Hibs. I also remember him praising Mowbray's team to the max week after week.

007 Mickey Weir
17-03-2016, 07:12 AM
If County had beaten Aberdeen in the way they did us we would be wetting ourselves as well. Don't kid yourselves. Let's get over it. I agreed that Preston talking about Hibs at a Hearts game was terrible. But Chick Young does seem to stick up for us. I quite like Willie Miller.

heretoday
17-03-2016, 07:12 AM
I will never forget Richard Gordon's undisguised glee when Scotland failed to qualify for the WC one time. There was huge criticism of the team and management and Gordon was just loving it.

mjhibby
17-03-2016, 07:13 AM
It's diabolical he's allowed to continue his nonsense but I think it's shows just how far in reverse this programme has gone. Unless you are a fan of the bigot Bros the poppy thieves or the sheep there is no point in listening as your team will be patronised to the max. Btw willie miller was actually very complimentary last night and said we have been great to watch and our midfield has been far superior to most other teams so you can get impartial broadcasters.

Winston Ingram
17-03-2016, 07:27 AM
I have heard him say a couple of times now he has a soft spot for Hibs. I also remember him praising Mowbray's team to the max week after week.

Must have been before the game i was talking about.

number9dream
17-03-2016, 08:30 AM
Not sure I buy the anti-Hibs agenda at the BBC other than a few feeble jokes from Allan Preston...

I did, however, catch the recent Inverness 3-1 win over Aberdeen on the radio and both Richard Gordon and Liam McLeod seriously crossed the line into greetin' fans territory. No praise for Yogi's team until long after the final whistle, just a tirade against Willie Collum, who did deserve some flak, but it was disproportionate and utterly unprofessional.
On the same theme, RG mentioned Aberdeen way more often than Celtic or Patrick in the build up to Saturday's early kick off at Firhill.
It maybe adds something to the programme, with the host being open about his allegiance and it must be an exciting time to follow Aberdeen but it's too much at times. Nearly all the time.

Mikey09
17-03-2016, 08:43 AM
I suppose there's Off the ball if you're a Motherwell or St Johnstone fan?! :greengrin

Sammy7nil
12-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Richard Gordon chuckling away, "LOVING Houstons interview" he said he is so funny, "John absolutely Purring" he is having a great night. No one will convince me he does not love it when H ibs fail.

Houston an absolute COCCCK Richard still chuckling awayhe is loving it.

givescotlandfreedom
12-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Richard Gordon chuckling away, "LOVING Houstons interview" he said he is so funny, "John absolutely Purring" he is having a great night. No one will convince me he does not love it when H ibs fail.

Houston an absolute COCCCK Richard still chuckling awayhe is loving it.

Gordon still smarting over Hibs humping Aberdeen out of trophies? Unfunny twat of a man and totally unprofessional.

Sammy7nil
12-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Gordon still smarting over Hibs humping Aberdeen out of trophies? Unfunny twat of a man and totally unprofessional.

Laughing saying I hope some fans go along on Saturday these teams will probably be meeting in the Championship next year

ionahibby
12-04-2016, 09:13 PM
I've said it before why don't we boycott this lot and the record. Get a petition going or something?

givescotlandfreedom
12-04-2016, 09:22 PM
I've said it before why don't we boycott this lot and the record. Get a petition going or something?

The record we can and I hope we do but we pay out licence fee for the unaccountable throbbers on the BBC.

Real Emerald
12-04-2016, 09:40 PM
He was creaming himself. "The more the game went on the better Falkirk got" "Hibs didn't create anything wheresas Falkirk were zipping the ball across the goal time after time". Laughing voice, s******ing away, he was loving it. Even Tom English said he though Hibs were comfortable and Falkirk hadn't really troubled us. We blew it and let this utter baw bag have another day out on the back of us. I'm sick to the back teeth with Hibs for giving this pr1ck the amo to constantly shoot us down. :grr:

Sammy7nil
14-04-2016, 06:35 PM
John Robertson just said on the show Hearts are THE city centre team Hibs have links with Leith but Hearts are the city team. Keith Jackson then goes on to say Everything Hearts do now just hhas a touch of class. Hearts are just showing lots of class :confused:WTF

Ask the creditors about class and big clubs :confused:

The Harp Awakes
14-04-2016, 07:57 PM
He was creaming himself. "The more the game went on the better Falkirk got" "Hibs didn't create anything wheresas Falkirk were zipping the ball across the goal time after time". Laughing voice, s******ing away, he was loving it. Even Tom English said he though Hibs were comfortable and Falkirk hadn't really troubled us. We blew it and let this utter baw bag have another day out on the back of us. I'm sick to the back teeth with Hibs for giving this pr1ck the amo to constantly shoot us down. :grr:

Yes heard the discussion on the radio. Richard Gordon sounded like he was taking great delight at Hibs misfortune. He was bumming up Falkirk big time, only to be put in his place by Tom English who said Hibs were hardly troubled by Falkirk until the last few minutes.

Jonnyboy
14-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Yes heard the discussion on the radio. Richard Gordon sounded like he was taking great delight at Hibs misfortune. He was bumming up Falkirk big time, only to be put in his place by Tom English who said Hibs were hardly troubled by Falkirk until the last few minutes.

:agree: Tom English actually sounded embarrassed by Gordon's gloating

marinello59
14-04-2016, 08:01 PM
:agree: Tom English actually sounded embarrassed by Gordon's gloating

I usually don't mind Richard Gordon but he was an absolute backside the other night.

Jonnyboy
14-04-2016, 08:04 PM
I usually don't mind Richard Gordon but he was an absolute backside the other night.

:agree: He used to be quite good and confessed to me once that he had a soft spot for Hibs, having watched them when he was at Uni in Edinburgh.

Danderhall Hibs
14-04-2016, 08:04 PM

Same here - I think folk give him a hard time on here but he definitely appeared to be a bit of a fanny.

truehibernian
14-04-2016, 08:06 PM

Can't be easy Hibs knocking out his team last few seasons in cups - he may want to appear fair minded but much like Liam McLeod they let it get to them - I'll wager Liam will mention the Hearts final, 1902 and our previous finals record within 15 minutes of commentary at the weekend (if it's him).

If it's Paul Mitchell, strangely enough, he'll be focused on the game - good guy is PM.