PDA

View Full Version : Fraser Fyvie

Libby Hibby
27-02-2016, 05:24 PM
I personally think our dip in form started the day he got injured.

Would someone who has access to the stats please post up the win %age when he plays and win %age when he doesn't.

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2016, 05:33 PM
Not the reason, replaced by Bartley who has been far more effective. We have a goalkeeper who throws goals in whenever he gets bored and a ridiculously good forward line that can't score goals, poor combination.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Not the reason, replaced by Bartley who has been far more effective. We have a goalkeeper who throws goals in whenever he gets bored and a ridiculously good forward line that can't score goals, poor combination.Bartley has been effective defensively, nothing else. Fyvie offers a lot more going forward.

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Bartley has been effective defensively, nothing else. Fyvie offers a lot more going forward.

I'd love to see figures backing up what if anything Fyvie has offered going forward..... Not to mention a defensive midfielders job is not to score or assist goals.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 05:44 PM
I'd love to see figures backing up what if anything Fyvie has offered going forward..... Not to mention a defensive midfielders job is not to score or assist goals.Stats don't mean ****. Did you know Iniesta didn't get an assist for over a year, does that mean he offered nothing going forward? Obviously not.

Fyvie is always there for a pass and quite clearly offers more going forward. I like Bartley and he is great at his job but offers very little in the opposition half, not his job yes but I don't think we need a pure destroyer in this division.

Shrekko
27-02-2016, 05:45 PM
Bartley has been effective defensively, nothing else. Fyvie offers a lot more going forward.

Agree with this.

Love big Marv and he'll be a star if we make the SPL. But.. in games like these we need someone with a bit more to their passing and running with the ball game. Fyvie is a big miss IMO

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Stats don't mean ****. Did you know Iniesta didn't get an assist for over a year, does that mean he offered nothing going forward? Obviously not.

Fyvie is always there for a pass and quite clearly offers more going forward. I like Bartley and he is great at his job but offers very little in the opposition half, not his job yes but I don't think we need a pure destroyer in this division.

The same Fyvie that pretty much cost us the game at Ibrox?

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 05:59 PM

Didn't cover himself in glory - fair enough. But thats a cheap shot as he has been and will continue to be a very good footballer for us.

Libby Hibby
27-02-2016, 06:03 PM
If someone could post up the win %ges with and with out him, that would be handy despite Greenarmy trying to hijack the thread

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2016, 06:03 PM

I think that makes his point even more, Bartley would have been a much better option as the holding defender at ibrox, and Fyvie further ahead might have been a better option that day because of his better link up play and ability to move the ball quicker?

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 06:05 PM
The same Fyvie that pretty much cost us the game at Ibrox?The very same, we'd have no players if we judged them based on 1 game.

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 06:09 PM
The very same, we'd have no players if we judged them based on 1 game.

Spot on :agree:

Seekyit
27-02-2016, 06:10 PM
When's he due back?

murray26
27-02-2016, 06:18 PM
When's he due back?

Hopefully soon.. Very good option to have in a light midfield..

Billy Whizz
27-02-2016, 06:58 PM
When's he due back?

Had got injured 1st week in Feb. Stubbs said he would be out 3/4 weeks

Jonnyboy
27-02-2016, 08:25 PM

Or the same Fyvie whose wonderful pass to Lewis allowed the wee man to score for us in a victory?

PiemanP
27-02-2016, 09:21 PM
I do think we're missing Fyvie. Always looking for the ball and a lot more forward thinking than Bartley (even though the big mans been great). We're also getting very light in midfield with Dylan almost constantly injured.

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 09:23 PM
If Fyvie is fit he starts, to say we don't miss him is wrong. The guy is a class act.

Danderhall Hibs
27-02-2016, 09:26 PM

He got dumped on his arse by Waghorn when covering for a non existent defence and his defence didn't help him when he made a pass the didn't reach the intended recipient.

Looks like we miss him big time. No wonder he's Stubbs' first pick.

Danderhall Hibs
If Fyvie is fit he starts, to say we don't miss him is wrong. The guy is a class act.

:agree:

Billy Whizz
:agree:

Glad we agree on something😄

Danderhall Hibs
27-02-2016, 09:32 PM
Glad we agree on something😄

:aok: I'm sure we agree on more than just this.

Bishop Hibee
27-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Our best midfield is McGeoch, Fyvie, Henderson and McGinn. Losing 2 of the 4 hasn't helped.

renato
27-02-2016, 09:38 PM
When Dylan doesn't play, our strongest midfield is Bartley, Fyvie, McGinn and Henderson. Hope he's back soon.

Smartie
27-02-2016, 09:39 PM
It's strange that Bartley is viewed as an alternative to Fyvie - totally different players.

They haven't played together often but my recollection of them playing together was that Fyvie was superb when he was allowed more freedom further forward knowing that Bartley was covering for him.

cloudy
27-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Oh Fraser fyvie
You are the love of my life
Oh Fraser Fyvie
I'd let you sleep with my wife
Oh Fraser Fyvie
I want ginger hair tooo

Big_Franck
28-02-2016, 06:39 PM
With Bartley being suspended for next week's game against ICT it would be great if Fyvie was back for that game. Hopefully he's back training next week.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:01 PM
With Bartley being suspended for next week's game against ICT it would be great if Fyvie was back for that game. Hopefully he's back training next week.

I'd imagine the Ox is keen for him to get back as well, just to take the heat of him.

SkintHibby
28-02-2016, 08:39 PM
Fraser Fyvie?.....meh

jane_says
28-02-2016, 09:35 PM
Stats don't mean ****. Did you know Iniesta didn't get an assist for over a year, does that mean he offered nothing going forward? Obviously not.

Luka Modric is a prime example of this. Hardly any goals, hardly any assists but so many 'pass before the assists'. Obviously not the same level we are talking about but fyvie is a very good footballer imo and has been missed massively

mentalhibee
28-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Hope he's back soon, important player for us. Always makes himself available for a pass, never hides and puts in a great shift in midfield. Could do with him getting a game before the final.

FromTheCapital
28-02-2016, 10:39 PM
Fyvie is a lot more productive when he is not in front of the back four but instead he is playing on the right of the midfield four where he can get on the ball with a bit more time and link the play. He's a real asset for us and has been a big miss lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk