PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon

Jpdhfc
27-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Hearing he has gone for a scan on his knee.
Fingers crossed he's ok

bigwheel
27-02-2016, 05:23 PM
Fingers crossed he's ok

I'll second that....My Player of The Season so far...would the a huge loss...and not one we could replace with an equal standard..

liamh2202
27-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Wasnt looking good. Got carried over the pitch at full time...

lucky
27-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Him getting injured cost us our place in the premiership. But hopefully McGregor and Fountain will step up

Nicho87
27-02-2016, 05:44 PM
What happened

Ronniekirk
27-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Fingers crossed he's ok

Things just going from bad to worse at the moment if he ends up out over the next few weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rcarter1
27-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Honestly every time we sing sunshine on leith with gusto, it all goes absolutely pete tong soon after..

Billy Whizz
27-02-2016, 06:00 PM
What happened

Went up for a header if I remember correctly, think he may have landed awkwardly

scoopyboy
27-02-2016, 06:21 PM
Not looking good I'm afraid.

Early thoughts are that it's his cruciate.

Gutted for him if correct.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2016, 06:23 PM

FFS :boo hoo:

Eyrie
27-02-2016, 06:26 PM

Hanlon is our best defender, so this is terrible news.

Also leaves us light at the back, so can Forster be recalled?

emerald green
Is it an artificial / plastic pitch at Dumbarton?

kaimendhibs
Oh no!

marinello59
27-02-2016, 06:28 PM
Is it an artificial / plastic pitch at Dumbarton?

No

emerald green
27-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Why is it that so often when Hibs supporters think things are going really well - challenging for the Championship, reaching league cup final, beating Hearts in the Scottish Cup (again) - it all turns to **** practically in the blink of an eye?:sick:

Centre Hawf
27-02-2016, 06:35 PM

Really? He played on and walked off the park, if it was his cruciate I wouldn't imagine he could do that.

emerald green
27-02-2016, 06:37 PM
No

OK thanks.

Bostonhibby
27-02-2016, 06:37 PM
Why is it that so often when Hibs supporters think things are going really well - challenging for the Championship, reaching league cup final, beating Hearts in the Scottish Cup (again) - it all turns to **** practically in the blink of an eye?:sick:

In my decades of following Hibs its usually that we peak, and think we have achieved something, just that wee bit too early, If we have genuinely lost Hanlon for the next half dozen or so big games then I will just revert to saying its what always happens because it's Hibs.

scoopyboy
27-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Really? He played on and walked off the park, if it was his cruciate I wouldn't imagine he could do that.

Not something I would make up CH.

He did walk off the park but at full time he was carried the full width of the pitch by Liam Fontaine and someone else.

I hope you are correct though.

Stevie Reid
The worst thing that could have happened. Has strolled pretty much every game this season, including against all the SPL teams.

blackpoolhibs

Done mine twice and walked off both times.

Hiber-nation
27-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Would be absolutely gutted for him if this is the case, hopefully not. Things are going from bad to worse.

Can we get Forster back?

Del Boy
27-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Terrible news. Probably more damaging than the defeat to be honest.

Smartie
27-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Would be absolutely gutted for him if this is the case, hopefully not. Things are going from bad to worse.

Can we get Forster back?

No.

Letting him go in the first place - or letting it get to the point where he was demanding to go - was f*****g insanity.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2016, 06:47 PM

Did Handling not walk off when he did his cruciate

murray26
This would be a huge blow.. Hopefully not as bad as it seems but it's no looking good..

emerald green
In my decades of following Hibs its usually that we peak, and think we have achieved something, just that wee bit too early, If we have genuinely lost Hanlon for the next half dozen or so big games then I will just revert to saying its what always happens because it's Hibs.

You could be right Boston. From SOL against the Yaks just the other week to how most supporters probably feel tonight. Jeez.

Hiber-nation
27-02-2016, 06:48 PM
No.

Letting him go in the first place - or letting it get to the point where he was demanding to go - was f*****g insanity.

Seems crazy with Gray and Fontaine both suffering from knocks regularly.

3pm
27-02-2016, 06:50 PM
He took two sore ones today.

Nightmare news.

KWJ
27-02-2016, 06:58 PM
Didn't know this, terrible news if he's out for a while let alone a cruciate that would likely keep him out until Dec/Jan.

Like Blackpool I too have done my cruciate and walked off the pitch. Tried to come back on but broke down jogging.

Ozyhibby
27-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Didn't know this, terrible news if he's out for a while let alone a cruciate that would likely keep him out until Dec/Jan.

Like Blackpool I too have done my cruciate and walked off the pitch. Tried to come back on but broke down jogging.

Especially when he doesn't have a contract past the summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TAHibby
27-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Absolute nightmare, ****ing hell.

Baldy Foghorn
27-02-2016, 07:27 PM
His right knee was twice the size of his left as he was been carried off. Would have thought it would be to swollen to scan, certainly was when I did mine many moons ago, unless technology has made the swelling not an issue.......

Billy Whizz
27-02-2016, 07:28 PM
Especially when he doesn't have a contract past the summer.

I'm sure Hibs will look after him, if his injury is worse than expected. Just shows you the dangerous situation that a footballer can be in, if they run down their contract, and haven't signed with someone else. Not saying this is the case with Paul though

Billy Whizz
27-02-2016, 07:29 PM
His right knee was twice the size of his left as he was been carried off. Would have thought it would be to swollen to scan, certainly was when I did mine many moons ago, unless technology has made the swelling not an issue.......

Regardless if it's cruciate or not, looks like the poor lad is going to be out for a bit

scoopyboy
27-02-2016, 07:30 PM

I thought he was going to travel back on the team bus but I could be wrong.

Baldy Foghorn
27-02-2016, 07:32 PM
I thought he was going to travel back on the team bus but I could be wrong.

Hope swelling dies down in a few days, and its just a twist.....Looks a dull one though.

Baldy Foghorn
27-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Regardless if it's cruciate or not, looks like the poor lad is going to be out for a bit

Not what we or Paul needs at this juncture

scoopyboy
27-02-2016, 07:33 PM
I'm sure Hibs will look after him, if his injury is worse than expected. Just shows you the dangerous situation that a footballer can be in, if they run down their contract, and haven't signed with someone else. Not saying this is the case with Paul though

You're right Billy regarding a football players' career.

However Paul has not let his contract run down, he has been wanting to sign a new deal for a while.

I hope and think Hibs will look after him.

Billy Whizz
27-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Not what we or Paul needs at this juncture

I agree, but the others will have to step up to the plate

Del Boy
27-02-2016, 07:35 PM
My mate did his last month, had to wait 10 days for the swelling to go down before they could scan.

Horrible injury.

marjoriebanks
27-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Would have to agree with Warburton regarding plastic pitches, they are a liability and it would be of interest to know how many serious injuries are being picked up by all teams when playing on this surface. Those that do play week in and week out I think play differently but is it becoming dangerous in the long term for footballers in the same way it was heading the old leather ball.

GreenCastle
This is really bad news - let's hope it's not an ACL.

This is deja vu - beat the yams - then free fall..we got relagated that season.

Was it last season or season before Hanlon missing seriously cost us.

I like McGregor and Fontaine but when Hanlon plays it seems to be a better balance.

Will miss cup final also..

Billy Whizz

However Paul has not let his contract run down, he has been wanting to sign a new deal for a while.

Scooyboy, I'm sure Hibs will look after him

BoomtownHibees
27-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Would have to agree with Warburton regarding plastic pitches, they are a liability and it would be of interest to know how many serious injuries are being picked up by all teams when playing on this surface. Those that do play week in and week out I think play differently but is it becoming dangerous in the long term for footballers in the same way it was heading the old leather ball.

Played on grass today

Pete
27-02-2016, 07:39 PM
We'd better hope no other defenders get knocks. Gunnarson can play anywhere across the back but it's far from ideal.

This is probably the worst part of the day.

rotherhamrob
27-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Chuff me, could this week get any worse?
Hope it's not as bad as feared.
Is it my imagination or do we seem to have more injuries than other teams?

stoneyburn hibs
27-02-2016, 07:43 PM
I really hope it's not all that bad, but given what others have said on this thread, it sounds ominous. Massive loss if he's out, Paul could be the difference in what league we are playing in next season.

One criticism I have of Stubbs is why he never gave the armband to Hanlon, seemed so obvious.

Benny Brazil
27-02-2016, 07:45 PM

I believe Hibs were waiting until after this busy run of fixtures to sort something out with him. He wants to stay and Hibs want him to stay.
Dont see that his injury will change anything.

marjoriebanks
27-02-2016, 07:52 PM
played on grass today

sorry - getting old i was there on the first day of the season, thought it was plastic

scoopyboy
27-02-2016, 07:52 PM
I believe Hibs were waiting until after this busy run of fixtures to sort something out with him. He wants to stay and Hibs want him to stay.
Dont see that his injury will change anything.

The sceptical bit of me thinks that Paul will not be in as strong a bargaining position.

The better bit of me thinks that Hibs will play fair.

HappyHanlon
27-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Gutted for Paul.

shamo9
27-02-2016, 07:53 PM
Would be such a shame for him (and us!) if he misses the cup final. He's been one of our best performers for a long time now. Hopefully his season isn't over and he can help guide us through the play offs, the way the past week has gone though I won't be getting my hopes up...

I wish we'd kept Stanton and Forster. Looking a bit thin in those areas now.

mentalhibee
27-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Hope it's not a bad one. He has been outstanding this season! Would be a massive blow.

liamh2202
27-02-2016, 08:08 PM
sorry - getting old i was there on the first day of the season, thought it was plastic

Tbf the piych looked horrendous and a plastic surface would have been an improvement

Ronniekirk
27-02-2016, 08:12 PM

Someone up there doesn't like us
But things do appear to be starting to conspire against us
If we end up spending another season in this league i will be bagging a good few more munro s
On the other hand if we do achieve promotion in the face of adversity its taste is all the sweeter

emerald green
27-02-2016, 08:42 PM
Someone up there doesn't like us
But things do appear to be starting to conspire against us
If we end up spending another season in this league i will be bagging a good few more munro s
On the other hand if we do achieve promotion in the face of adversity its taste is all the sweeter

That's the danger Ronnie. Fewer people will be inclined to attend matches at ER.

hibsbollah
27-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Our most improved player. Shocking news.

Boyle89
27-02-2016, 08:54 PM
He left on crutches and as brace. This just gets worse! It never rains as they say.
Hope it's not bad. We NEED Paul in the team.

snedzuk
27-02-2016, 09:48 PM
I really hope it's not all that bad, but given what others have said on this thread, it sounds ominous. Massive loss if he's out, Paul could be the difference in what league we are playing in next season.

One criticism I have of Stubbs is why he never gave the armband to Hanlon, seemed so obvious.

Led the team out today. Also, I think the injury is a delayed problem with the one he sustained in the first half - was watching when he went down which was during a Dumbarton substitution with no-one near him.

Lago
27-02-2016, 09:55 PM
That's the danger Ronnie. Fewer people will be inclined to attend matches at ER.
A lot fewer I would think.

hfc rd
27-02-2016, 10:18 PM
This is really terrible news for Paul and all of us, if true! He's been fantastic this season. Our most important defender!

southfieldhibby
27-02-2016, 10:40 PM
Desperately disappointing news for paul and Hibs.

monktonharp
27-02-2016, 11:29 PM
very sad news if this is a serious as some suggest. typical lack of luck for Hibernian at crucial times, and really terrible luck for or best performer of the season. Gutted.

Real Emerald
27-02-2016, 11:37 PM
IF Paul is out for the rest of the season we are phooked big time. We need some very good cards dealt to get back up and it looks like we're jinxed. Sign an exorcist maybe, no offence to anyone if that's not pc.

davym7062
27-02-2016, 11:50 PM
Ok! Goin against the grain here! Whilst I'm gutted for Paul and hope it's not as bad as people are saying! Are u seriously telling me hibs can't cope without him????we were 3 0 down to Dumbarton with him at centre half.just my opinion

monktonharp
27-02-2016, 11:54 PM
Ok! Goin against the grain here! Whilst I'm gutted for Paul and hope it's not as bad as people are saying! Are u seriously telling me hibs can't cope without him????we were 3 0 down to Dumbarton with him at centre half.just my opinionI get your point, but it looks like another kick in the nuts, for us if he is out of the final at least. he has been our best performer for months now.

monktonharp
27-02-2016, 11:57 PM
should have added, I've only came on here for a quick look 20 mins. ago and knew nowt about Paul possibly having a serious injury. totally gutted and gaun tae bed seek as a pig!

California-Hibs
28-02-2016, 02:51 AM
Disappointing news for sure, gutted for him. However I have to say I have more than enough confidence in McGregor and Fontaine. Think people are going a bit OTT here and forgetting the many superb both of them have put in. We'll be fine.

andy1875
28-02-2016, 03:01 AM
This would be a massive loss if true.

Gutted for him missing out on a final too!

As much as McGregor and Fontaine are good players, Hanlon is the best of the three for me.

This has not been a good week at all.

Libby Hibby
28-02-2016, 05:05 AM
Massive loss, he's been excellent all season.

Speedy recovery Paul.

Whilst this is no positive to be taken out of it, it will now make Stubbs play a settled centre half partnership. I'm all for squad rotation when there is a lot of games but 3 areas I wouldn't rotate is 1) The keeper (unless his form dictates, 2) centre halfs (need to understand each other's game to develop a partnership, 3) the forward line (see reason for centre halfs)

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 09:36 AM
Tbf the piych looked horrendous and a plastic surface would have been an improvement

We'll get another look at it next season.

Centre Hawf
28-02-2016, 11:04 AM
Not something I would make up CH.

He did walk off the park but at full time he was carried the full width of the pitch by Liam Fontaine and someone else.

I hope you are correct though.

Done mine twice and walked off both times.

I stand corrected on that one, apologies Scoopy Boy and fingers crossed.

emerald green
28-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Any word from ER on Paul Hanlon's injury? Or is it too early to say?

Ozyhibby
28-02-2016, 12:43 PM
Any word from ER on Paul Hanlon's injury? Or is it too early to say?

Scan tomorrow according to Stubbs and they think/are wishing that it may just be a thigh injury.

Vault Boy
28-02-2016, 01:04 PM
Gutting if true. That being said, we need to show some strength and solidarity regardless of whether Paul is playing. Step up Darren and Liam, both very good defenders too.

offshorehibby
28-02-2016, 01:36 PM
Scan tomorrow according to Stubbs and they think/are wishing that it may just be a thigh injury.

Fingers crossed.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2016, 02:10 PM

Please let them be right. :pray:

Onion
28-02-2016, 02:13 PM

Never been a fan of Hanlon over the years, but he's been outstanding this season, IMO our best defender. Really hoping it's not as serious as we fear and we it's good news.

QMU-1875
28-02-2016, 02:27 PM
If the rumours about Hanlon being out for the season are true surely we must look into recalling Foster?

Onceinawhile
28-02-2016, 02:53 PM
If the rumours about Hanlon being out for the season are true surely we must look into recalling Foster?

Don't think we can recall him. We're outside the transfer window.

jingler1954
28-02-2016, 02:58 PM
Did Handling not walk off when he did his cruciate

he was carried off on a streacher

J-C
28-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Don't think we can recall him. We're outside the transfer window.

There may be an emergency clause in there but Gunnarsson/Fontaine and McGregor should be enough to see us through.

Blaster
28-02-2016, 03:03 PM
There may be an emergency clause in there but Gunnarsson/Fontaine and McGregor should be enough to see us through.

It's cross border so can't unfortunately

Bishop Hibee
28-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Doesn't sound like he'll make the final. Hope I'm wrong.

Forster going on loan was strange to me but Stubbs saw him in training every day and obviously didn't fancy him. Gunarsson hasn't played as a CH in a back 4 yet. Tuesday night could be the chance for Stubbs to look at him there.

Borderhibbie76
28-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Doesn't sound like he'll make the final. Hope I'm wrong.

Forster going on loan was strange to me but Stubbs saw him in training every day and obviously didn't fancy him. Gunarsson hasn't played as a CH in a back 4 yet. Tuesday night could be the chance for Stubbs to look at him there.
Tuesday night isn't the time for experiments and gambling pal...we need 3 pts and need to stop the rot...strongest available 11...see where all this tinkering has got us

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

QMU-1875
28-02-2016, 03:40 PM
It's cross border so can't unfortunately

Seriously poor call from Stubbs. Foster needed the game time yes but not being able to recall him is a shocker.

Alex Trager
28-02-2016, 03:46 PM
What has actually been confirmed in terms of injury length of lay off?

Ozyhibby
28-02-2016, 03:48 PM
What has actually been confirmed in terms of injury length of lay off?

Nothing until they send him for a scan on Monday.

Alex Trager
28-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Nothing until they send him for a scan on Monday.

Why are folk acting like he has been laid off for the rest of the season

Cabbage7062
28-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Fingers crossed for Paul, he has came on leaps and bounds under Stubbs.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Just reading this thread for the first time.

I really hope it's not too serious.

emerald green
28-02-2016, 05:08 PM

Good question. It will depend on results of the scan. Lets hope its nothing bad.

Bishop Hibee
28-02-2016, 05:34 PM
Tuesday night isn't the time for experiments and gambling pal...we need 3 pts and need to stop the rot...strongest available 11...see where all this tinkering has got us

If Stubbs is happy to go with Fontaine and McGregor as the centre halves for the next 3 games then fine. Hope they are up to it.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 06:46 PM
If Stubbs is happy to go with Fontaine and McGregor as the centre halves for the next 3 games then fine. Hope they are up to it.

While solid enough Fontaine severely lacks in pace.

rcarter1
28-02-2016, 06:51 PM

I think we are not that pacy at the back in general. Probably why we can get caught cold by Championship sides like Dumbarton and Morton. Id rather we changed our system to protect the back four a bit. In the play offs I can see us in trouble; missing chances followed by quick break aways. Stubbs will have some thinking to do for sure. Our problems would go away quickly if some of the lads were to find some form on the goal scoring front.

yekimevol
28-02-2016, 06:59 PM

Dont think you can recall if its an international transfer can you ?

Sir David Gray
28-02-2016, 07:25 PM
Dont think you can recall if its an international transfer can you ?

Correct.

That very same scenario cropped up last season when Hull wanted to recall Mark Oxley from his loan spell when their two main goalkeepers got injured but they couldn't because he had moved to a club in another country.

Billy Whizz
28-02-2016, 07:49 PM
Correct.

That very same scenario cropped up last season when Hull wanted to recall Mark Oxley from his loan spell when their two main goalkeepers got injured but they couldn't because he had moved to a club in another country.

Both Bartley and Gunnarsson can play centre back

silverhibee
28-02-2016, 07:54 PM

And has a wee slight niggly back problem. :duck:

scoopyboy
28-02-2016, 08:23 PM

That may have been down to me Alex with my posts from last night.

Early diagnosis from within the camp was cruciate.

He was at East Mains today and hopefully scan to be done tomorrow.

scoopyboy
28-02-2016, 08:24 PM
I stand corrected on that one, apologies Scoopy Boy and fingers crossed.

No apologies required. :aok:

Bishop Hibee
28-02-2016, 08:26 PM

Agree. After the last 2 games I'd go with a back 5 against QoS. Tighten up and play Cummings up front supported by Boyle and Henderson with Bartley and McGinn deeper. I suspect that's why Stubbs didn't fancy Forster as he lacks pace to in addition to being less experienced than Fontaine.

Big decisions for Stubbs coming up. Let's hope he is more Pellegrini than Wenger 😉

Golden Bear
28-02-2016, 08:28 PM
And has a wee slight niggly back problem. :duck:

And is not keen on artificial pitches. Looks good for our next game I'm sure.

Alex Trager
28-02-2016, 08:30 PM

Jeeso.
I really hope not.

Although I felt we looked better when he went off yesterday. Likely due to the fact they thought, rightly on reflection, it was game over mind you.

hibsboy69
28-02-2016, 09:15 PM

FFS, he's the most improved player under Stubbs IMHO.

Get well soon Paul.

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2016, 03:31 AM
While solid enough Fontaine severely lacks in pace.Thankfully pace is pretty far down the list of things needed for defenders outside of FIFA games.

Greenworld
29-02-2016, 06:49 AM

I'm hearing same looks fairly certain season over and longer. The nightmare worse by the fact contract is up a worrying time for the laddie.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Brightside
29-02-2016, 08:05 AM
Thankfully pace is pretty far down the list of things needed for defenders outside of FIFA games.

Hahaha. Aye ok then.

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2016, 08:13 AM
Hahaha. Aye ok then.What is funny? There are plenty of examples of world class defenders being slow.

Brightside
29-02-2016, 08:21 AM
What is funny? There are plenty of examples of world class defenders being slow.

Firstly we do not have any world class defenders, and a lack of pace within our defence leave us open to straight forward balls over the top, or balls whipped into the middle whilst our CHs are still 20 yards away. You may have noticed this in recent games. PACE is hugely important for us.

Hermit Crab
29-02-2016, 08:50 AM
I'm hearing same looks fairly certain season over and longer. The nightmare worse by the fact contract is up a worrying time for the laddie.

Not having that mate. If it was that bad he would have been carted off to hospital immediately, not carried off the pitch by fellow teammates.

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Firstly we do not have any world class defenders, and a lack of pace within our defence leave us open to straight forward balls over the top, or balls whipped into the middle whilst our CHs are still 20 yards away. You may have noticed this in recent games. PACE is hugely important for us.Everything you have listed is prevented with better positioning and reading of the game. Pace can be important for the team, it is far from being mandatory in a top central defender.

29-02-2016, 09:01 AM
Fingers crossed Hanlon is fit for the final. Would be a massive miss for us.

Brightside
29-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Everything you have listed is prevented with better positioning and reading of the game. Pace can be important for the team, it is far from being mandatory in a top central defender.

and again we do not have "top central defenders" This is Scotland. Paul Hanlon is one of the best in this country at reading the game but also has plenty of pace. If he is going to be out for a while its a huge loss to our promotion prospects.

Greenworld
29-02-2016, 09:15 AM
Not having that mate. If it was that bad he would have been carted off to hospital immediately, not carried off the pitch by fellow teammates.
We will no today for sure

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2016, 09:38 AM
and again we do not have "top central defenders" This is Scotland. Paul Hanlon is one of the best in this country at reading the game but also has plenty of pace. If he is going to be out for a while its a huge loss to our promotion prospects.I didn't say you need to be a top central defender to be able to get away with having no pace so I'm not sure why you keep saying that in response to me.

Brightside
29-02-2016, 09:49 AM
I didn't say you need to be a top central defender to be able to get away with having no pace so I'm not sure why you keep saying that in response to me.

"Pace can be important for the team, it is far from being mandatory in a top central defender" Pace is massively important for players at this level.

Kojock
29-02-2016, 09:49 AM

No he wouldn't, Waghorn took a penalty after damaging his cruciate and limped off the pitch. He is out for the rest of the season and that is the concern re Hanlons injury.

Hermit Crab
29-02-2016, 10:22 AM
No he wouldn't, Waghorn took a penalty after damaging his cruciate and limped off the pitch. He is out for the rest of the season and that is the concern re Hanlons injury.

Have a look at the subscription forum.

Alex Trager
29-02-2016, 10:51 AM

Does that mean he is out?

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2016, 10:51 AM
"Pace can be important for the team, it is far from being mandatory in a top central defender" Pace is massively important for players at this level.Why is pace more important for players at this level when it isn't at the top level? Are they all that bad mentally and technically at this level that they simply have to be good physically? Don't believe that tbh. Give me a central defender who can defend and read the game properly over one who needs pace to bail him out of bad decisions.

Kojock
29-02-2016, 10:52 AM

Cheers

MacGruber
29-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Any news yet?

HibsNutter
29-02-2016, 08:33 PM
He's too important to risk tomorrow, been our best defender and we need to keep him fit. Suspended for Sunday so the next time we'll see him is the final, unless he's seriously struggling.

MacGruber
29-02-2016, 08:46 PM
He's too important to risk tomorrow, been our best defender and we need to keep him fit. Suspended for Sunday so the next time we'll see him is the final, unless he's seriously struggling.

Thought he was out long term? Would be delighted if he had a chance of making the final. Still fearing the worst though.

et_hibby
29-02-2016, 08:53 PM
Thought he was out long term? Would be delighted if he had a chance of making the final. Still fearing the worst though.

Any news?

Onceinawhile
29-02-2016, 08:54 PM

Don't think we know for certain yet and Hibs haven't said anything, but I don't have a scooby what's been said on the pm board.

grammyb111
01-03-2016, 08:46 AM
Injury not as bad as feared, torn thigh muscle but not cruciate damage. Out for about a month. Obviously a big miss for the final but given the initial indications it's good news.

coldingham hibs
01-03-2016, 08:52 AM
Injury not as bad as feared, torn thigh muscle but not cruciate damage. Out for about a month. Obviously a big miss for the final but given the initial indications it's good news.

Not good but could be worse. Others need to step up and get the job done.

GreenCastle
01-03-2016, 08:53 AM

Gutted for him and will be a big loss for the final.

Though positive it's not ACL and season over - we will need him for the end of the season.

Smartie
01-03-2016, 09:02 AM
Er…..great news?

I mean, it's never nice hearing a player is out injured for a month.

But if there is one Hibs player I'd want available going into those play-offs it is Hanlon. He should be back and match fit again by then. Arguably nicely rested too.

Also a muscle tear is a different kettle of fish to a cruciate ligament injury - there's always a doubt about how a player might recover from that injury, even if the surgery is better these days.

I bet Paul himself is mighty relieved.

Big_Franck
01-03-2016, 09:06 AM
Has this been confirmed anywhere? Gutted if he's missing for the final but I was fearing it was his cruciate so if he'll be back for the play-offs it'd be a massive bonus.

Greenworld
01-03-2016, 09:30 AM
It is indeed they were pretty convinced it was more serious...good stuff

shamo9
01-03-2016, 09:57 AM
If we win the final next month I'd like to see him lift the cup alongside David Gray similar to Rob Jones and Scott Brown. He's been at Hibs a long time and is a big part of our team. It's cruel that playing in the final has been taken away from him but he could still have that moment if it all goes well.

Alex Trager
01-03-2016, 10:26 AM
If we win the final next month I'd like to see him lift the cup alongside David Gray similar to Rob Jones and Scott Brown. He's been at Hibs a long time and is a big part of our team. It's cruel that playing in the final has been taken away from him but he could still have that moment if it all goes well.

If we are winning with five to go and comfortably, maybe a wee cameo for him would be nice.

Even on crutches :) but otherwise. Make no mistake he should know if we win it he has played a decent part in getting us there.

Hermit Crab
01-03-2016, 10:43 AM

Speaking of Rob Jones I hope Hibs are inviting our last cup winning captain up for this game and giving him the vip treatment. (He was captain wasn't he??) :greengrin

Borderhibbie76
01-03-2016, 12:52 PM
This is great news if true...gutted he misses the final but more importantly back for end of season run-in and play offs...crucial to our hopes of promotion.

TheFall
01-03-2016, 01:02 PM

Great news.
It's all about the play off's

jnr_hibee
01-03-2016, 05:46 PM
This is great news if true...gutted he misses the final but more importantly back for end of season run-in and play offs...crucial to our hopes of promotion.

100% true