PDA

View Full Version : "the famous" racially abuse Josh Magennis. You stay classy Jambos...

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Sportsound reporting that Josh Magennis has lodged a complaint with police.

So THAT's the special atmosphere they keep banging on about at the bus shelter?

Hibs1992
27-02-2016, 06:47 PM
Sportsound reporting that Josh Magennis has lodged a complaint with police.

So THAT's the special atmosphere they keep banging on about at the bus shelter?

If you had heard some of the remarks from our own supporters towards Nade as he walked past having been subbed you wouldn't be very proud of our own support either I'm afraid.

R'Albin
27-02-2016, 06:48 PM
If you had heard some of the remarks from our own supporters towards Nade as he walked past having been subbed you wouldn't be very proud of our own support either I'm afraid.

Our support is fatist.

Time For Heroes
27-02-2016, 06:49 PM

True.
You get ********s in ever ground up and down the country, hope the get the book thrown at them, no place for rasicm in this day and age

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2016, 06:50 PM

I hate Nade but absolutely no time for racists.

Pete
27-02-2016, 06:51 PM
I take it Nade has also made a complaint.

Hibs1992
27-02-2016, 06:52 PM
Our support is fatist.

I was referring to the racist shouts actually

JJP
27-02-2016, 06:52 PM
After the events of the Morton game I don't think we should be judging other teams supporters based on the actions of one moron. We have imbeciles in our own support as well.

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2016, 06:53 PM
I was referring to the racist shouts actually

Wasn't there today but that is absolutely horrendous if true.

hibsbollah
27-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Gary Mackay.

givescotlandfreedom
27-02-2016, 07:01 PM
I heard lots of fat/hearts shouts but nothing racist at Nade. I think he enjoyed it because he was giving it back when he scored and made a 5-1 gesture when walking past.

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 07:04 PM
I heard a few unsavoury comments towards Nade today. Don't particulary like the guy, but absolutely no place for racism in any walks of life. Quite a few supporters really let themselves and the club down today.

Hibs1992
27-02-2016, 07:04 PM
I heard lots of fat/hearts shouts but nothing racist at Nade. I think he enjoyed it because he was giving it back when he scored and made a 5-1 gesture when walking past.

I agree the majority of the shouts were fat/Hearts. But after he made the 5-1 gesture there was a couple of guys behind me shouted B**** b****** and I turned to my dad and asked him if he heard what I heard and he said it was beyond doubt.

A tiny minority but still very disappointing to hear it in this day and age

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 07:06 PM

unfortunately I heard a couple. Really wish it was not the case though.

Mikey09
27-02-2016, 07:06 PM

Absolute bollocks. My laddie was there and told me he gave the old 1-5 sign and was told he was a "Fat Hearts *******." Nothing racist shouted at Nade. Dunno what you're agenda is by claiming this.

hibs0666
27-02-2016, 07:09 PM

Utter nonsense.

Hibs1992
27-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Absolute bollocks. My laddie was there and told me he gave the old 1-5 sign and was told he was a "Fat Hearts *******." Nothing racist shouted at Nade. Dunno what you're agenda is by claiming this.

Oh right of course because he could hear what every person in the entire stand shouted at Nade, right?

The shout came from directly behind me and both my dad and myself heard it clearly.

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 07:11 PM

I was also there, and the guy next to me called Nade a B***k B*****d. I also heard the fat hearts this and fat hearts that, but there was 100% racist comments directed at him as well.

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 07:13 PM
Oh right of course because he could hear what every person in the entire stand shouted at Nade, right?

The shout came from directly behind me and both my dad and myself heard it clearly.

row K or L, mid 100's?

R'Albin
27-02-2016, 07:13 PM
I was referring to the racist

actually

Apologies, that was ***** banter rather than a dig.

PolmontHibby
27-02-2016, 07:14 PM
I heard a few unsavoury comments towards Nade today. Don't particulary like the guy, but absolutely no place for racism in any walks of life. Quite a few supporters really let themselves and the club down today.

Just back in Edinburgh after being right next to the main hassle today - and you are dead right.
One of the guys in the middle of it apparently knows Nade enjoys chicken wings and melon, and felt the need to both shout it out and explain to his kids how funny it was.......and it went downhill from there.

Hibs class my ar$e.

hibs0666
27-02-2016, 07:14 PM

The shout? So now you are talking about one random?

Mikey09
27-02-2016, 07:16 PM
All I'll say is it amazes me that people who next to never post on here come on and throw accusations at our support when another club has been reported for something. Funny that eh. So I gather Nade was so appalled he has made a complaint?! Naw. Didn't think so either.

heretoday
27-02-2016, 07:16 PM
Not an edifying episode to be sure.

Hibs1992
27-02-2016, 07:17 PM
row K or L, mid 100's?

I was in row K and it sounded like it came from directly behind me

WoreTheGreen
27-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Yam smell divertion post

Pete
27-02-2016, 07:19 PM
All I'll say is it amazes me that people who next to never post on here come on and throw accusations at our support when another club has been reported for something. Funny that eh. So I gather Nade was so appalled he has made a complaint?! Naw. Didn't think so either.

Strange eh?

JJP
27-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Heard similar during the derby as well. Can't even remember who it was aimed at but the guy behind me sort of half shouted it, possibly remembered where he was or came to his senses and stopped mid shout. How can anyone who wasn't there today say that fans who were there and heard something with their own two ears are wrong!? The Hibs support is a large collection of different views, we are always going to have undesirables among us unfortunately.

kaimendhibs
27-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Nade was getting pelters so gave it back when he scored. After being subbed he decided to walk round in front of our support rather than his own, obviously to stir it up. He got it right for the 1-5 gesture but I never heard anything racist personally. Was tit for tat

Mikey09
27-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Just back in Edinburgh after being right next to the main hassle today - and you are dead right.
One of the guys in the middle of it apparently knows Nade enjoys chicken wings and melon, and felt the need to both shout it out and explain to his kids how funny it was.......and it went downhill from there.

Hibs class my ar$e.

And you were offended enough to post it on here but not to the Police?!

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 07:21 PM

Hibs class my ar$e.

Extremely poor reading! I can understand why fans were getting frustrated today, but that is absolutely shocking behaviour. Hopefully the kids know better and realise what a tool there old man is.

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 07:27 PM
And you were offended enough to post it on here but not to the Police?!

I myself have reported it Mikey. Don't know why yourself and other fellow posters are calling people out for making this up... Just because they only have a few posts - once upon a time you had a few post mate. I pay for a private membership as I know some of that cash goes to the clubs youth system - do u think any yam secret agent would do that?

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 07:29 PM
I was in row K and it sounded like it came from directly behind me

Will have been the same guy as what I heard then. I have reported him and hope something is done as there is no place for it at all. Poor behaviour.

Mikey09
27-02-2016, 07:48 PM
I myself have reported it Mikey. Don't know why yourself and other fellow posters are calling people out for making this up... Just because they only have a few posts - once upon a time you had a few post mate. I pay for a private membership as I know some of that cash goes to the clubs youth system - do u think any yam secret agent would do that?

Well, seems strange to me a thread is started re Hearts fans being reported for racially abusing a player and 4 or 5 posts in someone is accusing the Hibs support of doing the same. Accusing someone of this I take it you identified him to the police?!

PolmontHibby
27-02-2016, 07:58 PM

It was reported to both police and stewards, ....along with the threats by quite a few fans, and police were right in the middle of it when threats getting made.

Waste of time.

I am not easily offended, and since first attending a game on 25th August 1979 (Beat Dundee 5-2), never had to listen to such a constant stream of crap I heard today.

PolmontHibby
27-02-2016, 08:02 PM
Well, seems strange to me a thread is started re Hearts fans being reported for racially abusing a player and 4 or 5 posts in someone is accusing the Hibs support of doing the same. Accusing someone of this I take it you identified him to the police?!

Hearts have a big ongoing issue with this stuff in my view....we dont, todays stuff has been rare in my time and it should stay that way

JimBHibees
27-02-2016, 08:11 PM
Yam trolls all over this. Gutted the wee team horsed you in the cup, get a life.

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 08:11 PM
It was reported to both police and stewards, ....along with the threats by quite a few fans, and police were right in the middle of it when threats getting made.

Waste of time.

I am not easily offended, and since first attending a game on 25th August 1979 (Beat Dundee 5-2), never had to listen to such a constant stream of crap I heard today.

In the exact same boat as yourself today. I can let most things at football go over my head as people say silly things in the heat of the moment, but today there was a constant stream of nonsense from people around me. Topped of by the fun at the side of me.

Cabbage7062
27-02-2016, 08:17 PM

Me personally, no. But he was identified and f all was done. I have reported this to the club so hopefully something is done about it.

stuart62
27-02-2016, 08:31 PM

Totally agree, I never heard one racial shout to Nade as he walked past, even after he done the pathetic hand gestures !

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Hearts have a big ongoing issue with this stuff in my view....we dont, todays stuff has been rare in my time and it should stay that way

Hear, Hear! :greengrin

portyhibernian
27-02-2016, 08:35 PM
If it's one of the guys that sits near me at ER (section 41 in the east stand) then I can imagine there probably was some less than complementary things shouted. Some of the stuff they shout is well beyond acceptable, at our own players as well as opposition. Sadly these idiots exist in every support and ours isn't exempt.

emerald green
27-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Was this thread not supposed to be about a Kilmarnock player getting racially abused at Tynecastle?

Not the first time that's happened at that s***hole.

stuart62
27-02-2016, 08:48 PM

Totally agree, I never heard one racial shout to Nade as he walked past, even after he done the pathetic hand gestures !

emerald green
27-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Was this thread not supposed to be about a Kilmarnock player getting racially abused at Tynecastle?

Bump.

PolmontHibby
27-02-2016, 08:53 PM

yes it was....back on track.
Listening to BBC Scotland on way back tonight and sounds like he could not identify any individual but did point out the area.
You can guarantee they will have done it before ....hopefully hear of arrrests soon.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Anyway, good on Josh for standing up to the Jambo racists.

Wonder how the Budge will deal with this.

Jonnyboy
27-02-2016, 09:01 PM

Utter nonsense.

Sorry guys but it's true. It was only the one I'm told but one is too many

bruno
27-02-2016, 09:21 PM
Anyway, good on Josh for standing up to the Jambo racists.

Wonder how the Budge will deal with this.
She's just posted in website

The club can confirm that following this afternoon's game, a complaint was made to Police Scotland by a Kilmarnock player.

The Kilmarnock player alleges that an abusive comment was made relating to his nationality by an individual seated within the home end at Tynecastle. The alleged abusive remark related to the player being Irish. The player is from Northern Ireland. To clarify, this allegation does not involve the player's colour, religion or sexuality.

Senior figures from both clubs were present when the player made the complaint and discussed the matter fully thereafter.

Heart of Midlothian FC has a number of players of different nationality playing in the current squad and is very proud of the international make up of our team. We will fully support any police investigation into reports of abuse such as the one which has been reported today.

grunt
27-02-2016, 09:22 PM
http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5006

The club can confirm that following this afternoon's game, a complaint was made to Police Scotland by a Kilmarnock player.
The Kilmarnock player alleges that an abusive comment was made relating to his nationality by an individual seated within the home end at Tynecastle. The alleged abusive remark related to the player being Irish. The player is from Northern Ireland. To clarify, this allegation does not involve the player's colour, religion or sexuality.
Senior figures from both clubs were present when the player made the complaint and discussed the matter fully thereafter.
Heart of Midlothian FC has a number of players of different nationality playing in the current squad and is very proud of the international make up of our team. We will fully support any police investigation into reports of abuse such as the one which has been reported today.

27-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Hearts fans accused of racisim . . . . never . . . . . .

kj79
27-02-2016, 09:28 PM
So you can't call someone an Irish/English/Scottish etc so&so??

Or am I missing something?

Hibbyradge
27-02-2016, 09:33 PM

No. You're not missing anything. You're correct.

Carheenlea
27-02-2016, 09:52 PM
What would be classed as a racist term or phrase to use to abuse someone from Northern Ireland?

broondog
27-02-2016, 09:57 PM
They are cheating racist ****. Not surprised at all that this has happened

Hibbyradge
27-02-2016, 10:01 PM
What would be classed as a racist term or phrase to use to abuse someone from Northern Ireland?

An Irish xxxxxxx

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-02-2016, 10:29 PM
She's just posted in website

LOL. "He's no a racist. He's just a xenophobe, wi sectarian undertones"

:greengrin

LancashireHibby
27-02-2016, 11:00 PM
Presumably calling him a 'tattie picking so and so' would be considered an "alleged abusive remark related to the player being Irish"? Think they're just trying to find a way of wriggling out of a racist or sectarian charge, but a black Northern Irishman would probably be quite high up on any 'players you'd expect to get abuse at Tynecastle' list.

Hibrandenburg
27-02-2016, 11:18 PM
True.
You get ********s in ever ground up and down the country, hope the get the book thrown at them, no place for rasicm in this day and age

If my Facebook feed is anything to go by then I'd say that statement is less than accurate. There's also a whole bunch of politicians making a career out of it.

Col2
27-02-2016, 11:24 PM
Budge statement trying to play it down me thinks. And back firing somewhat going by reaction.

As the OP say, stay classy Hearts...

Hanny
27-02-2016, 11:38 PM

It's an offense under the Criminal Law (Consolidation) (Scotland) Act 1995 section 50A

“racial group” means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins,

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2016, 11:54 PM
There will always be clowns at football. We can't eradicate them completely, we can only try to minimise their number.

lucky
28-02-2016, 10:00 AM
I was also there, and the guy next to me called Nade a B***k B*****d. I also heard the fat hearts this and fat hearts that, but there was 100% racist comments directed at him as well.

So did you report this? Or at least challenge the individual ? If not why not?

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2016, 10:05 AM

If you reported or challenged every individual you witnessed at football matches you would either end up spending far too much time as a witness in court or become embroiled in far too many fights.The incidents you witness at football matches are far too frequent to become involved every time,some people hate confrontation too so you can understand why they often just leave it.

emerald green
28-02-2016, 11:58 AM
If you reported or challenged every individual you witnessed at football matches you would either end up spending far too much time as a witness in court or become embroiled in far too many fights.The incidents you witness at football matches are far too frequent to become involved every time,some people hate confrontation too so you can understand why they often just leave it.

:agree: You might even spend too much time in hospital.

Stokesy's on fire
28-02-2016, 12:04 PM
Didn't hear a single racist word aimed at Nade yesterday there was plenty Fatty shouts though! I'm sure if Nade receive racial abuse he would have spoken out about it.

NAE NOOKIE
28-02-2016, 12:06 PM
To put the racist / sectarian issue to one side for the moment. If Nade did give it the 5 - 1 pish to the Hibs fans, what's the difference between that and what Jason Cummings got booked for in the cup match after scoring that glorious goal. Nade can possibly claim it was a reaction to provocation, but then so could Jason ..... and loads of other players from every club ...... perhaps the SPFL should look at him too. In fact he wasn't even a Hearts player in 2012 so WTF has it got to do with him anyway?

SuperAllyMcleod
28-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Of all the players that get singled out for 'abuse' ((not necessarily racist as we seem to be happy to concentrate on his weight) by the Hibs supporters, Nade has got to be near the top - jeez, he's even got his own song. Surely, if any player is entitled to give a bit back, it's him.

The problem seems to be that some of our fans are happy to dish it out but can't seem to take it when he gives it back.

I was there yesterday with a Dumbarton supporting friend and was unfortunately not in the Hibs end. Stubbs came out of the tunnel after the second half kicked off and had to walk round the pitch and was subjected to a few comments - he just laughed them off and diffused the situation. Unfortunately some of our fans seem unable to do that.

hibsbollah
28-02-2016, 03:52 PM
The problem seems to be that some of our fans are happy to dish it out but can't seem to take it when he gives it back.

In a ****ing nutshell.

Keith_M
28-02-2016, 03:55 PM
It's amazing the number of posters on this thread with low post counts that are trying to tar Hibs Fans with the same brush as their beloved Yams.

Why don't y'all just mosey on back to Yackback.

hibsbollah
28-02-2016, 04:02 PM
It's amazing the number of posters on this thread with low post counts that are trying to tar Hibs Fans with the same brush as their beloved Yams.

It's a fact that established posters on here heard racist abuse. Other folk are shooting them down saying it didn't happen, presumably on the basis that they didn't hear it.

Based on the nick of a minority of our away support recently (fighting with fellow fans, screaming abuse at our own players and generally being drink and probably drug fuelled) I wouldn't be at all surprised if racist abuse was part of the mix too. No point in denying were not all perfect.

Dashing Bob S
28-02-2016, 04:54 PM
It's a fact that established posters on here heard racist abuse. Other folk are shooting them down saying it didn't happen, presumably on the basis that they didn't hear it.

Based on the nick of a minority of our away support recently (fighting with fellow fans, screaming abuse at our own players and generally being drink and probably drug fuelled) I wouldn't be at all surprised if racist abuse was part of the mix too. No point in denying were not all perfect.

Quite. We all strive for perfection, but are often compelled to accept mere excellence.

Cabbage7062
28-02-2016, 05:07 PM

Yes, the individual was made aware of my feeling towards it.

marinello59
28-02-2016, 05:10 PM
To put the racist / sectarian issue to one side for the moment. If Nade did give it the 5 - 1 pish to the Hibs fans, what's the difference between that and what Jason Cummings got booked for in the cup match after scoring that glorious goal. Nade can possibly claim it was a reaction to provocation, but then so could Jason ..... and loads of other players from every club ...... perhaps the SPFL should look at him too. In fact he wasn't even a Hearts player in 2012 so WTF has it got to do with him anyway?

Nade played the role of the pantomime villain to perfection yesterday. When he gave us the 5-1 my reaction was to shout bravo. A masterclass in method acting.

Cabbage7062
28-02-2016, 05:12 PM
I'd also like to add, I'd assume the reason Nade has not lodged a complaint about the fud at the side of me is because he had 700 Hibs fans shouting and calling him all sorts. He would need to have incredibly good ears to only hear 1 individual (who was sitting in line with the 18 yard box and Nade was almost at half way). As I said it was 1 individual not us all.

Cabbage7062
28-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Didn't hear a single racist word aimed at Nade yesterday there was plenty Fatty shouts though! I'm sure if Nade receive racial abuse he would have spoken out about it.

Do you think he was able to here 1 comment from a guy that was some distance away from him? Especially when most of our support were throwing verbal at him. Like I have said it was only 1 fud I heard.

Cabbage7062
28-02-2016, 05:20 PM

I am more of a reader on the forum, but when I seen people like yourself doubting hibees due to them having low post count, I decided I would share my experience as well to try and get the 'veteran posters' to stop being paranoid about secret agent yams sabotaging the thread.

Can count on 2 hands the games I've missed over the last 10 years. Or should I say 3 hands - seen as I'm supposedly an undercover yam.

hibsbollah
28-02-2016, 06:11 PM
[/B]

Quite. We all strive for perfection, but are often compelled to accept mere excellence.

:greengrin
As usual Bob, I feel unable to argue with you on much there.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2016, 06:22 PM

All you want is consistency.

Nade went right up to the Hibs fans and celebrated in front of us when he scored his goal in an obviously provocative way - no yellow card.

Jason Cummings stands in front of the Hearts fans for a few seconds after he scores against them - Booked.

Nade then made a provocative gesture towards the Hibs fans when he was on his way to the tunnel after being subbed - no action taken.

When we scored our second goal yesterday, their goalkeeper picked up the ball and booted it out of the stadium - no action taken.

Said goalkeeper also timewasted at every opportunity yesterday at goal kicks and after he had collected the ball in his hands (as you would expect him to do) - no action taken.

Mark Oxley takes a bit of time to restart play against Hearts when we were under the cosh in the second half and defending a 1-0 lead - Booked.

Bishop Hibee
28-02-2016, 06:30 PM
The Hearts official statement is strange. They let us know what the abuse wasn't as well as what it was. Are they suggesting anti-Irish abuse is more acceptable?

marinello59
28-02-2016, 06:32 PM
The Hearts official statement is strange. They let us know what the abuse wasn't as well as what it was. Are they suggesting anti-Irish abuse is more acceptable?

That's exactly what they are saying. Shameful.

Carheenlea
28-02-2016, 06:36 PM
All you want is consistency.

Nade went right up to the Hibs fans and celebrated in front of us when he scored his goal in an obviously provocative way - no yellow card.

Jason Cummings stands in front of the Hearts fans for a few seconds after he scores against them - Booked.

Nade then made a provocative gesture towards the Hibs fans when he was on his way to the tunnel after being subbed - no action taken.

When we scored our second goal yesterday, their goalkeeper picked up the ball and booted it out of the stadium - no action taken.

Said goalkeeper also timewasted at every opportunity yesterday at goal kicks and after he had collected the ball in his hands (as you would expect him to do) - no action taken.

Mark Oxley takes a bit of time to restart play against Hearts when we were under the cosh in the second half and defending a 1-0 lead - Booked.

When you saw Christian Nade making his way round the park to depart down the tunnel, the fact he went round the way he did in order to pass in front of cheesed off Hibs fans - He knew what was coming his way. The jeers and abuse started just as he got by the goals, and by the time he got to the stand the abuse increased. A flash of the 5-1 gesture was his only reaction, then the abuse rose in volume. We didn`t hear any racist abuse, and I suspect if Christian Nade had heard anything like that, his reaction would have been a bit more than a mild hand gesture.
He got abuse as a former Hearts player, we got a dig back being Hibbies - Christian Nade 1 - Hibs Fans 1

Cod Boy
28-02-2016, 06:44 PM
Can't really complain about there goalkeeper time wasting .Mark Oxley does it often when Hibs are ahead.

Sir David Gray
28-02-2016, 06:51 PM
Can't really complain about there goalkeeper time wasting .Mark Oxley does it often when Hibs are ahead.

Not sure if that's in response to my post or not but if it is, I'm not complaining about the actual time wasting, I would expect any goalkeeper to do the same.

I do have a problem with the lack of consistency from the referees though.

emerald green
28-02-2016, 06:58 PM

Mark Oxley doesn't time waste from the start of a game, and throughout the game at every opportunity, until the end as part of a deliberate and organised game plan. Unlike many goalkeepers I've seen at ER in the last two seasons in the Championship. Very few of them got booked. Most referees just turned a blind eye.

There is a big difference between doing that, and time wasting a minute or two at the very end of a match when your team is hanging on.

Nobody ever moans about Hibs players taking the ball into the corners of their opponents half at the end of a match to run down time when they are winning. In fact, they are applauded for it.

Betty Boop
28-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Remember this ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4227100.stm

KWJ
28-02-2016, 08:37 PM

Exactly, some of the comments on this thread are of the head in sand variety.

It's not a huge problem but there's obviously some idiots supporting Hibs. Guys like Henderson's tea chucker.

Scouse Hibee
28-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Mark Oxley doesn't time waste from the start of a game, and throughout the game at every opportunity, until the end as part of a deliberate and organised game plan. Unlike many goalkeepers I've seen at ER in the last two seasons in the Championship. Very few of them got booked. Most referees just turned a blind eye.

There is a big difference between doing that, and time wasting a minute or two at the very end of a match when your team is hanging on.

Nobody ever moans about Hibs players taking the ball into the corners of their opponents half at the end of a match to run down time when they are winning. In fact, they are applauded for it.

Oxley is well guilty of it and not just for a minute or two as you are suggesting.

Bishop Hibee
28-02-2016, 09:41 PM
Remember this ?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/4227100.stm

No but thanks for flagging it up. Any pictures of them throwing bananas at Mark Walters kicking around?

Eyrie
28-02-2016, 10:38 PM
No but thanks for flagging it up. Any pictures of them throwing bananas at Mark Walters kicking around?

See post #6 in the other thread (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?308096-Police-probe-allegation-of-racial-abuse-by-Hearts-Fan-s).

matty_f
28-02-2016, 10:42 PM

Oxley also gets booked far quicker than any other keeper for timewasting.

truehibernian
28-02-2016, 11:21 PM
I'm going to stick up for Nade here to be honest - and footballers in general.

Fans are not only fickle (some) but suffer an irony bypass or temporary amnesia during and after games !

Where does it say in the supporters manual it's okay to call hurl vile abuse at Stevenson, Cummings, McGeouch ? It's happened around me at games and these are OUR players - sorry but it's not only banter that's lost on fans but just common decency.

If I'd been getting pelters during a game I'd give some back but try and keep it on a humour level - not a Cantona level.

So what he did a 5-1 gesture, woopee doo - did Nid not paint 1973 on his head ? Nade thrives on playing against that 'atmosphere' and he did what footballers should do under that pressure - he scored against us - again !! Much like Jason V Hearts. We fuel them but god forbid they have banter or give a wee bit back eh !

Sadly some supporters see 90 minutes at the football as a lawless zone and a wee free for all and it's embarrassing - Nade is a panto villain, our 'nemesis' - decent player at this level if brutally honest too. The biggest embarrassment is after our season so far and a cup final to look forward to some Hibs fans still feel the need to hurl bile at our own players !

Sir David Gray
28-02-2016, 11:29 PM

Fans are not only fickle (some) but suffer an irony bypass or temporary amnesia during and after games !

Where does it say in the supporters manual it's okay to call hurl vile abuse at Stevenson, Cummings, McGeouch ? It's happened around me at games and these are OUR players - sorry but it's not only banter that's lost on fans but just common decency.

If I'd been getting pelters during a game I'd give some back but try and keep it on a humour level - not a Cantona level.

So what he did a 5-1 gesture, woopee doo - did Nid not paint 1973 on his head ? Nade thrives on playing against that 'atmosphere' and he did what footballers should do under that pressure - he scored against us - again !! Much like Jason V Hearts. We fuel them but god forbid they have banter or give a wee bit back eh !

Sadly some supporters see 90 minutes at the football as a lawless zone and a wee free for all and it's embarrassing - Nade is a panto villain, our 'nemesis' - decent player at this level if brutally honest too. The biggest embarrassment is after our season so far and a cup final to look forward to some Hibs fans still feel the need to hurl bile at our own players !

I was going mental at the time when he did it but I actually agree with this.

He should still be dealt with by the authorities though. There has to be consistency in how players are dealt with when they interact with opposition fans.

I just knew he would score yesterday as soon as the forklift truck song got an airing.

truehibernian
28-02-2016, 11:52 PM
I was going mental at the time when he did it but I actually agree with this.

He should still be dealt with by the authorities though. There has to be consistency in how players are dealt with when they interact with opposition fans.

I just knew he would score yesterday as soon as the forklift truck song got an airing.

Trig I think there has to be common sense applied to any situation, including goal scoring etc - but what bothers me is the fan who comes to a game to literally swear, abuse and hurl bile at footballers and refs......then get all het up when a player has a bit of banter back.

Football can be sporting pantomime and for me there's no characters anymore because fans, pundits and officials want players banned, suspended or 'punished' for what can only be described (mostly) as pretty harmless incidents.

If there's been racist abuse at any game however then that's as disgusting as it is disheartening - that's not a football problem, it's societal and much of that kind of behaviour is learned at home. No place for it in any walk of life for me.

Stokesy's on fire
29-02-2016, 12:15 AM

They have embarrassed themselves with the statement and they should be ashamed.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
29-02-2016, 12:57 AM

Shoosht, lets forget about that.

Elephant Stone
29-02-2016, 06:19 PM
"it was only anti Irish racism". What a strange bunch they really are.

The Gorgie Billy Boys indeed.

ancient hibee
29-02-2016, 06:21 PM
I haven't really followed this but is calling someone from Northern Ireland Irish considered racist nowadays?

emerald green
29-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Oxley is well guilty of it and not just for a minute or two as you are suggesting.

Did you actually read my earlier post? You seem to have totally missed the point I'm making.

Do you seriously think Oxley goes out in matches Hibs are trying to win by wasting time from start to finish, under instructions from Stubbs to do so?

I'm not saying Oxley never wastes time. All keepers do it to a certain degree depending on how a match is going. The point I'm making is that it's nowhere remotely like what many goalkeepers do, and get away with, when I've watched matches at ER this past couple of seasons.

BoomtownHibees
29-02-2016, 07:58 PM
I haven't really followed this but is calling someone from Northern Ireland Irish considered racist nowadays?

If it's then followed by ******* then yes

greenginger
01-03-2016, 09:55 AM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/704600837478354944

Someone has been lifted for whatever the crime was.

matty_f
01-03-2016, 09:59 AM
Did you actually read my earlier post? You seem to have totally missed the point I'm making.

Do you seriously think Oxley goes out in matches Hibs are trying to win by wasting time from start to finish, under instructions from Stubbs to do so?

I'm not saying Oxley never wastes time. All keepers do it to a certain degree depending on how a match is going. The point I'm making is that it's nowhere remotely like what many goalkeepers do, and get away with, when I've watched matches at ER this past couple of seasons.

:agree: Oxley gets booked for relatively minor timewasting, while other keepers seem to be able to take as ling as they want.

JimBHibees
01-03-2016, 11:46 AM
:agree: Oxley gets booked for relatively minor timewasting, while other keepers seem to be able to take as ling as they want.

Agree with that, cant remember the game but there was a goalie who whould be taking a goal kick and would run up then stop and go back. Did it about 3 or 4 times with the ref taking no action. Cant remember who but was something like Alloa/Dumbarton at home.

green day
01-03-2016, 12:29 PM
https://twitter.com/ScotlandSky/status/704600837478354944

Someone has been lifted for whatever the crime was.

Its great how quickly Police Scotland can react when a member of what used to be called The Old Firm isn't playing, eh?

They have sitting targets every week in Glasgow and do nothing.

Toldo123
01-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Quote taken direct from the Heart of Midlothian Racism policy on their club website http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/racismpolicy

"Racial and/or sectarian harassment

Racial harassment is any verbal physical written or visible abuse that is based on a person's race, ethnic background, NATIONALITY, language, or cultural background - and is unwanted, unacceptable and offensive to the person."

Now I dont doubt for one minute that unacceptabe behaviour goes on at other grounds (including our own), however if HMFC are serious about implementing their own racism policy, they can not just sweep this under the carpet.

green day
01-03-2016, 12:58 PM
however if HMFC are serious about implementing their own racism policy, they can not just sweep this under the carpet.

I don't think they are.

My point was that the police are incredibly quick to pick someone up if Rangers and Celtic are not involved, yet there are thousands singing offensive songs every week at their grounds (our last game at Ibrox is a case in point?).

The issue and problem is significantly larger at the Glasgow based clubs, and if the police were being even handed the courts would be full of offenders every week, and both clubs would be losing points for repeated offences - but it doesn't happen.

JJP
01-03-2016, 01:30 PM
I don't think they are.

My point was that the police are incredibly quick to pick someone up if Rangers and Celtic are not involved, yet there are thousands singing offensive songs every week at their grounds (our last game at Ibrox is a case in point?).

The issue and problem is significantly larger at the Glasgow based clubs, and if the police were being even handed the courts would be full of offenders every week, and both clubs would be losing points for repeated offences - but it doesn't happen.

Is the difference not that Josh Magennis reported this to the police rather than waiting for it to appear in a match officials report, waiting on the SFA to take action, etc?

ancient hibee
01-03-2016, 04:15 PM
If it's then followed by ******* then yes

Unless he really is a ******* I suppose:greengrin

CropleyWasGod
01-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Quote taken direct from the Heart of Midlothian Racism policy on their club website http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/pages/racismpolicy

"Racial and/or sectarian harassment

Racial harassment is any verbal physical written or visible abuse that is based on a person's race, ethnic background, NATIONALITY, language, or cultural background - and is unwanted, unacceptable and offensive to the person."

Now I dont doubt for one minute that unacceptabe behaviour goes on at other grounds (including our own), however if HMFC are serious about implementing their own racism policy, they can not just sweep this under the carpet.

They're not, though, are they?

If they were, they wouldn't have made that public statement.

Geo_1875
01-03-2016, 04:51 PM

I thought Nade was very restrained and could have been forgiven for reacting to the treatment he got. As it was, a slow walk round the pitch with a smile on his face and a sly 5-1 as he passed was perfectly acceptable.

Not racist but depending on which side they live it could get you a sore face at least.