PDA

View Full Version : STAY CALM we are the hibees

biffo1875
27-02-2016, 06:12 PM
we where always second favs to win the league we are in the quarter final of the scottish cup and we are in the league cup final .not to bad . if i was asked at the start of the season i would have taken that but i asked the question a few weeks a go if the squad was strong enough to fight on 3 fronts ?the general answer was yes.thats 7 points dropped in our last 4 games and 6 goals against just wondering what your thoughts are know ,considering we are know looking at play offs and hopefully we finish second its at least 4 more games at the end of season .we need to get promoted this year thoughts ggtth

Hi Heid Yin
27-02-2016, 06:27 PM
I agree. Time to focus on the things we can realistically win. The Championship was a big ask. Time also to regroup and work on cutting out the individual errors and getting back to delivering the type of performances that have deservedly drawn praise from all quarters and taken us to 2nd spot in the league, A Cup final and a Scottish Cup quarter final - in the process eliminating The Jambos and a host of other Premier league clubs. We have every chance still to go up through the playoffs, so this could still be a wonderful season.

familyman
27-02-2016, 06:29 PM
we where always second favs to win the league we are in the quarter final of the scottish cup and we are in the league cup final .not to bad . if i was asked at the start of the season i would have taken that but i asked the question a few weeks a go if the squad was strong enough to fight on 3 fronts ?the general answer was yes.thats 7 points dropped in our last 4 games and 6 goals against just wondering what your thoughts are know ,considering we are know looking at play offs and hopefully we finish second its at least 4 more games at the end of season .we need to get promoted this year thoughts ggtth
trust the players?
Hmm
6 goals in two games....what are they thinking?
Time to stop being Mr Nice Guy AS.

cjward2
27-02-2016, 06:30 PM
I too agree, but the last couple of games are troubling as it could hint at a loss of form that could go long enough to impact our run in the cups. Hopefully not and Stubbs will use his man management skills and wisdom to get the team back on their feet again. It may have happened at half time at Dumbarton, only not enough goals were scored to bring us any points:flag:

familyman
27-02-2016, 06:31 PM
I agree. Time to focus on the things we can realistically win. The Championship was a big ask. Time also to regroup and work on cutting out the individual errors and getting back to delivering the type of performances that have deservedly drawn praise from all quarters and taken us to 2nd spot in the league, A Cup final and a Scottish Cup quarter final - in the process eliminating The Jambos and a host of other Premier league clubs. This could still be a wonderful season.
anything less than Promotion is failure ,this club needs to get out of this league and fast!

Alfred E Newman
27-02-2016, 06:32 PM
trust the players?
Hmm
6 goals in two games....what are they thinking?
Time to stop being Mr Nice Guy AS.

65 posts in 4 years Hmmm

GreenArmyyy!
27-02-2016, 06:34 PM
65 posts in 4 years Hmmm

How about we just stop accusing all members with anything to say as being Jambos? Absolutely ridiculous and boring.

judas
27-02-2016, 06:36 PM
I agree with biffo.

We shall overcome. There's a wee hangover going down. Now chill.

Caveat: I haven't made a single correct call this season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2016, 06:43 PM
Up until now though, any suggestions that we would not win the league meant you had a damp mattress. That's all changed now?

eastcoasthibby
27-02-2016, 06:53 PM
a hangover perhaps from the hectic schedule a few weeks ago and catching up now, with McGeouch and Gray, I think having been carrying injuries for a lot longer than that, it's starting to take its toll. The nasty challenge at Morton that put Fyvie out and has hurt us as well, and now it looks like we have a another couple of problems, with Hanlon today and Stokes not looking match fit yet since he came to us.
testing times, and some big decisions to come, the Scottish cup is the least important a win at QOS is a must because we need the 2nd place in the league and don't need Falkirk getting ahead of us !

the cup final is a one off and we need to get the strongest team out on the day but as for the ICT cup match I think we should take care of our walking wounded ! for the league and league cup ..but that's just a view of mine.
For what it's worth Virtannen needs to get a game it might give Ox a kick up the ar£e that he needs, over casual and too quiet, needs to be more aggressive and vocal.

Having said this I would love the challenge that AS has with this just now, at this stage of the season and we should love it as fans to have so much still to be interested in and excited about !!

Pete
27-02-2016, 06:58 PM
How about we just stop accusing all members with anything to say as being Jambos? Absolutely ridiculous and boring.

How on earth is it ridiculous?

These people are absolutely nowhere to be seen when we're winning yet when we have a bad result they are instantly putting the boot in and stirring it.

I'm bored of it too. I wish they would just **** off back to their nonce board.

broondog
27-02-2016, 07:02 PM

These people are absolutely nowhere to be seen when we're winning yet when we have a bad result they are instantly putting the boot in and stirring it.

a lot of our own supporters seem to enjoy doing this as well, wish they would bolt along with the Yams.

hibbytam
27-02-2016, 07:06 PM
65 posts in 4 years Hmmm

But it's a valid point, regardless of post count or even true allegiance. It's worrying that our previously rock solid defence has shipped 6 goals in 2 games and it's something that needs sorted asap.

ancient hibee
27-02-2016, 07:12 PM
But it's a valid point, regardless of post count or even true allegiance. It's worrying that our previously rock solid defence has shipped 6 goals in 2 games and it's something that needs sorted asap.

The way to sort out the defence would be for our much praised attacking football to result in more goals instead of carelessly missed chances.

Jim44
27-02-2016, 07:12 PM
I agree. Time to focus on the things we can realistically win. The Championship was a big ask. Time also to regroup and work on cutting out the individual errors and getting back to delivering the type of performances that have deservedly drawn praise from all quarters and taken us to 2nd spot in the league, A Cup final and a Scottish Cup quarter final - in the process eliminating The Jambos and a host of other Premier league clubs. This could still be a wonderful season.

We could win two cups and not be promoted. That is miserable failure in my opinion.

Pete
27-02-2016, 07:17 PM
We could win two cups and not be promoted. That is miserable failure in my opinion.

How on earth can winning two cups, something we've only dreamt about be classed as "miserable failure"?

WTF is going on? :confused:

broondog
27-02-2016, 07:21 PM

worst post I think I have ever read on here. Titanic overreaction get a grip!

carnoustiehibee
27-02-2016, 07:28 PM

Remember your positive outlook when we were nearly in the relegation zone, then when we were in the playoffs, then when we got relagated, then when we could be down for only 1 season. Now looking at maybe 3 season in the first division your still at it.

Pete
27-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Remember your positive outlook when we were nearly in the relegation zone, then when we were in the playoffs, then when we got relagated, then when we could be down for only 1 season. Now looking at maybe 3 season in the first division your still at it.

Positive. That's my middle name.

carnoustiehibee
27-02-2016, 07:34 PM

Pete
27-02-2016, 07:35 PM

Yes I remember. No need to remind me again.

hibs0666
27-02-2016, 07:36 PM

Top drama queenery.

cabbageandribs1875
27-02-2016, 07:36 PM

absolutely:agree:

Stevie Reid
27-02-2016, 07:38 PM

I think this is the most ridiculous post I've ever read on here. And that's saying something.

Alfred E Newman
27-02-2016, 07:42 PM
The way to sort out the defence would be for our much praised attacking football to result in more goals instead of carelessly missed chances.

That is it in a nutshell. We should have been a couple up early against Morton and by all reports its been the same today. To me it's our over elaborate slow build up that is the problem and the persistence in trying to thread impossible passes through the middle of packed defences.

theonlywayisup
27-02-2016, 07:43 PM

Thought I wouldn't post tonight as emotions are high, but my god that is the most ridiculous post I've ever read on Hibs.net.

In two years time, twenty years time, in two hundred years time, we (Hibernian) will be measured by the number of cups we win - the 'big' cup and the 'wee' cup. I've seen my team win two cups in the past 25 years years. It's painful, I know. To win two of them in one year, including one we've not won for well over 100 years, would be a dream, irrespective of where we finished in the league. In fact, winning them as a 'lower' league team would be Hollywood material.

I really don't know what else to say. The most bizarre, ridiculous post I've ever read. My goodness, I don't know what else to say................

theonlywayisup
27-02-2016, 07:44 PM

Ditto.............. just as per my post

theonlywayisup
27-02-2016, 07:46 PM
I think this is the most ridiculous post I've ever read on here. And that's saying something.

:thumbsup: totally agree. Can we recommend him for the 'Worst poster of the year' contest already.

Hiber-nation
27-02-2016, 07:46 PM

So true. It's a bit depressing that Falkirk have scored more goals than us. I'm not building up my hopes about Farid but you never know...

Thecat23
27-02-2016, 08:01 PM
May as well say hello to the couple of jambos on this thread, don't like being rude so hope your having a nice day guys, keep yourself free for the final 👍🏼

sleeping giant
27-02-2016, 08:06 PM
:hilarious

What a thread.
Not even trying to hide it .

sleeping giant
27-02-2016, 08:08 PM

Deary me

Thecat23
27-02-2016, 08:16 PM

What a thread.
Not even trying to hide it .

It's mental how open they are now 😂

Waxy
27-02-2016, 08:27 PM

I agree. We were probably always going to hit a wee sticky patch ( its been a lake of treacle). Stubbsy and the players must know there's alot of hard work ahead now. We've proved already there's a cracking team in this squad and the challenge is to find it. We can still do it.

et_hibby
27-02-2016, 08:37 PM
That is it in a nutshell. We should have been a couple up early against Morton and by all reports its been the same today. To me it's our over elaborate slow build up that is the problem and the persistence in trying to thread impossible passes through the middle of packed defences.
Should've been 1 up today with Henderson hitting the bar early, it was a great move, as was the free kick set-piece that shaved the post (think we were 1-0 down at that point)

Hamish
27-02-2016, 08:52 PM
Bet 365 have us at 2/11 to finish second and 10/1 to win the league.😮

Jim44
27-02-2016, 09:59 PM

Don't give a toss what you guys think of my opinion. Promotion or nothing for me I'm afraid. Three years in the wilderness is a disgrace for a club like Hibs.

Golden Bear
27-02-2016, 10:10 PM
I'll need to step in to defend my auld pal Jim44. I don't agree with some of his posts on this thread but he's entitled to his opinion and I can vouch that he's certainly no hertz fan!

Thecat23
27-02-2016, 10:14 PM
Don't give a toss what you guys think of my opinion. Promotion or nothing for me I'm afraid. Three years in the wilderness is a disgrace for a club like Hibs.

I agree it's a shocker IF we don't go up. But winning two cups the only two cups that matter in Scottish football surely can't be described as failure? I know guys who'd take the Scottish over anything.

Stevie Reid
27-02-2016, 10:16 PM

If your point is that you wouldn't view (doing what we've never done before) and winning two major trophies in one season as an achievement then that's up to you. Your post makes out like you wouldn't even celebrate those hypothetical cup wins, and that I simply do not believe.

The overriding point however, is that it's utterly ridiculous to describe a scenario wherein Hibs win two of the three major tournaments we enter every year as "miserable failure".

A third season in the Championship would indeed be hard to take. But it would be a good bit easier after winning the two cups, which would be amazing, and an incredible achievement.

Alfred E Newman
27-02-2016, 10:18 PM
I'll need to step in to defend my auld pal Jim44. I don't agree with some of his posts on this thread but he's entitled to his opinion and I can vouch that he's certainly no hertz fan!

Likewise.

thebigman1875
27-02-2016, 10:25 PM
65 posts in 4 years Hmmm
There are more important issues than complaining about s**t like this, get a grip

thebigman1875
27-02-2016, 10:30 PM
There are more important issues than complaining about s**t like this, get a grip
P.S I've had less, does it mean I don't care, don't think so.

Jim44
27-02-2016, 10:42 PM
If your point is that you wouldn't view (doing what we've never done before) and winning two major trophies in one season as an achievement then that's up to you. Your post makes out like you wouldn't even celebrate those hypothetical cup wins, and that I simply do not believe.

The overriding point however, is that it's utterly ridiculous to describe a scenario wherein Hibs win two of the three major tournaments we enter every year as "miserable failure".

A third season in the Championship would indeed be hard to take. But it would be a good bit easier after winning the two cups, which would be amazing, and an incredible achievement.

I would love us to win both cups, but how often do I have to say that I am totally blinkered on promotion. I'm happy for those who will get consolation out of cup success. As for me being a Jambo :faf:

Stevie Reid
27-02-2016, 10:49 PM
I would love us to win both cups, but how often do I have to say that I am totally blinkered on promotion. I'm happy for those who will get consolation out of cup success. As for me being a Jambo :faf:

At no point did I ever imply that you were a Hearts supporter.

Jim44
27-02-2016, 11:01 PM
At no point did I ever imply that you were a Hearts supporter.

Sorry, I didn't mean you personally did. I was referring to an earlier reference by Golden Bear, which suggested I was being labelled as a Jambo.

Stevie Reid
27-02-2016, 11:02 PM
Sorry, I didn't mean you personally did. I was referring to an earlier reference by Golden Bear, which suggested I was being labelled as a Jambo.

Nae bother!

Aldo
28-02-2016, 10:38 AM
O dear o dear!

Funny how these threads appear from folk that don't post very often yet as soon as we've had a couple of bad results then BOOM! Thread after thread of well this sort of thing.

We had a similar blip last year did we not??

FWIW I want to win every game but realise that it's a very hard ask regardless of what Division your in.

Let's hope that that's the 'blip' over and done with.

I'm all for opinions/banter and the likes but this place reeks at the moment!

Have your fun and if you want to go on about us 'bottling it' I have some collages and you tube clips that show what 'true bottlers' are like!

FranckSuzy
28-02-2016, 10:56 AM
O dear o dear!

Funny how these threads appear from folk that don't post very often yet as soon as we've had a couple of bad results then BOOM! Thread after thread of well this sort of thing.

We had a similar blip last year did we not??

FWIW I want to win every game but realise that it's a very hard ask regardless of what Division your in.

Let's hope that that's the 'blip' over and done with.

I'm all for opinions/banter and the likes but this place reeks at the moment!

Have your fun and if you want to go on about us 'bottling it' I have some collages and you tube clips that show what 'true bottlers' are like!

Spot on, A. This place is hoochin' just now with those who have a very low post count plus newbies.

Aldo
28-02-2016, 11:03 AM
Spot on, A. This place is hoochin' just now with those who have a very low post count plus newbies.

Heay I'm all for banter but the folk that post this sort of stuff never seem to be about when we have had good results and are winning!!

NAE NOOKIE
28-02-2016, 11:37 AM
Heay I'm all for banter but the folk that post this sort of stuff never seem to be about when we have had good results and are winning!!

:agree:

skipster7
28-02-2016, 11:54 AM

This always baffles me tbh. Maybe folk are happy just reading most of the time and only post when they feel strongly about something ? Like handing the league to The rangers on a plate in the last fortnight :rolleyes: Not excusing some obvious roasters right enough:greengrin

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 12:36 PM
Should've been 1 up today with Henderson hitting the bar early, it was a great move, as was the free kick set-piece that shaved the post (think we were 1-0 down at that point)

64% possession and we found ourselves 3 down.