Get him off at half time

Let Virtanen have a game and a half before Hampden

Was he at fault for one or both goals?

Scouse Hibee
27-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Oxley is finished

Get him off at half time

Nah you're alright thanks,prefer Oxley over an unknown keeper I've never seen play.

Shrekko
27-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Oxley is absolutely honking and has the heart of a mouse. How long before people see it?

He was doing ok for a good chunk of the season because he had virtually nothing to do. He lets us down time and time again when we need him to be competent.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Oxley is finished

Get him off at half time

Finished 😂😂

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 03:03 PM
Nah you're alright thanks,prefer Oxley over an unknown keeper I've never seen play.

Only way we will get to know a new keeper is if he plays though. Unless we sign another solid premier league keeper like Graeme Smith or Mark Brown.

I have no real opinion on whether Oxley should start or not but if Stubbs makes the call, which he may well do after a howler on Wednesday and by all accounts again today, then I'd trust his judgement.

keep the faith
27-02-2016, 03:06 PM
Oxley is finished

Get him off at half time

Finished????? Jeez...

Leith Green
27-02-2016, 03:22 PM
While im not oxleys biggest fan , changing goalie at this point would reek of panic. Our defence would suffer as a consequence as well.

I think Oxleys command of his 6 yard box is suspect and i also think he should hold a lot more of the shots he saves.

hibee92
27-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Finished 😂😂😂 have a word son

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-02-2016, 03:30 PM
Oxley is finished

Get him off at half time

Anti Niemi surely??

Eyrie
27-02-2016, 03:35 PM
Anti Niemi surely??

It's disgraceful that Strachan won't pick Oxley for Scotland :agree:

lucky
27-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Have you seen him play?

No but he can't be any worse

Big L
27-02-2016, 03:41 PM
I said 2yrs ago the guy wasn't up to it, and AS should have seen it long before now, we need a keeper before we get anywhere!

Hibernian Verse
27-02-2016, 03:48 PM
No but he can't be any worse

Exactly. Stubbs wouldn't have signed someone he didn't think was up to it, we've seen that at least.

hibbysam
27-02-2016, 03:52 PM
I said 2yrs ago the guy wasn't up to it, and AS should have seen it long before now, we need a keeper before we get anywhere!

Good job he's only been here a year and a half then eh!

mentalhibee
27-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Get virtanen in against ICT, oxley is terrible.

pacorosssco
27-02-2016, 03:57 PM
sos for budgie:thumbsup:

Greenblood70
27-02-2016, 03:58 PM
I really don't rate Oxley at all - however Stubbs seems to think he's decent, so I doubt the new lad will get a go. i'd be quite happy to not see oxley play for us again tbh.

SaulGoodman
27-02-2016, 03:59 PM
3 shots on target and all 3 went in.

Waxy
27-02-2016, 04:16 PM
sos for budgie:thumbsup:

Perhaps an older goalie us what we need.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Absolutely horrific goalkeeping for the 2nd. Really poor. Up there with his howler on Wednesday.

I'd play the new boy.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2016, 04:21 PM
He should play in the midweek game in Dumfries, he needs to play some games just in case he's needed at some point. When better than against QOS, there's hardly anything on it, we ARE in the play offs now.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Hanlon looked ****ed as well. His knee could rule him out for weeks. Actually carried off the pitch at the end by Thomson and Fontaine. He couldn't put any weight on it.

Franck Stanton
27-02-2016, 04:28 PM
If ANY of the 10 outfield players made as many crucial clangers as Oxley does, he would, quite rightly be dropped, no question. So why, when we appear to have a decent replacement, isn't Oxley dropped ? On Wed v Morton, Oxley was, well, crap, their second goal was just a joke, a complete joke. Wasn't at today's game, but reading match thread, those that were there are all of the same opinion. Play the new guy, if he isn't any better - why sign him in the first place ? Given that Oxley has lost form I doubt the new guy can be any worse, ---when the back 4 don't have any confidence in the keeper behind them they become jittery and make mistakes they wouldn't normally make.

IMO we shouldn't lose 3 goals against ANY team in this league. EVER.

Bayern Bru
27-02-2016, 04:29 PM
Oxley is finished

Get him off at half time

Thought it was Virtanen that was Finnish?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bronson
27-02-2016, 04:30 PM
I wasn't there today but it sounds as though the wheels are coming off our season.

FWIW, Oxley is utter dross and should never have been signed permanently, I'm all for giving Virtanen a chance, can't really be much worse.

hibeerealist
27-02-2016, 04:30 PM
You cannot expect to win leagues or cups with a VERY suspect goalkeeper, he will let you down when you need him most.

He must be affecting the defence their confidence in him must be low to zero!! I was surprised Stubbsy brought him back this season and he is probably questioning that decision himself. WE DO NT HAVE EXPERIENCED COVER so stick with a poor keeper or give the young lad a chance, either way e really don't need this at this stage of the season.

God knows what his ratio to shots on target saved, must be the worst in this league!!

Liability!!!!!

My_Wife_Camille
27-02-2016, 04:35 PM
Oxley is Pish. He was Pish last season, he's starting this season Pish, came into a bit of form and is now Pish again. Not good enough. Get anyone in else in goals.

Jpdhfc
27-02-2016, 04:38 PM

Said exact same laughed at as we were winning at time

emerald green
27-02-2016, 04:38 PM
The problem with playing a new goalkeeper is that he wont have developed a good understanding with the defenders in front of him.

What happens if Stubbs drops Oxley and the new guy makes a clanger and costs Hibs in the cup final? Get rid of him too?

PS: I agree Oxley made a nonsense of Morton's second goal on Wednesday night. I haven't seen any of today's match.

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 04:39 PM
You cannot expect to win leagues or cups with a VERY suspect goalkeeper, he will let you down when you need him most.

He must be affecting the defence their confidence in him must be low to zero!! I was surprised Stubbsy brought him back this season and he is probably questioning that decision himself. WE DO NT HAVE EXPERIENCED COVER so stick with a poor keeper or give the young lad a chance, either way e really don't need this at this stage of the season.

God knows what his ratio to shots on target saved, must be the worst in this league!!

Liability!!!!!

You'll be slaughtered but I think you have a point.

I'll use Everton as an example. Tim Howard was generally regarded as a decent goalkeeper. The stats suggest he was actually the poorest keeper in the league.

Since they dropped him out they have lost 1 goal in 3 league games and taken 6 points from 9 as well as advancing in the FA cup againt EPL opposition. I think Oxley is the same, not obviously poor but poor enough that any improvement may be noticeable.

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Oxley is a bang average goalkeeper, who as far as I'm aware, has played in every competitive Hibs game since the start of last season when he came to the club,. I certainly cannot think of any competitive game he hasn't played in. There has never been any real competition for his place, or there has been a reluctance from the management to play another goalkeeper. Cup games last season against Arbroath and Berwick, or this season against Montrose and Stranraer would have been a perfect time to give another goalkeeper a game and let Oxley know his place isn't just a forgone conclusion.

The only way I can see Stubbs playing another goalkeeper is if Oxley is injured.

Franck Stanton
27-02-2016, 04:50 PM
The problem with playing a new goalkeeper is that he wont have developed a good understanding with the defenders in front of him.

What happens if Stubbs drops Oxley and the new guy makes a clanger and costs Hibs in the cup final? Get rid of him too?

PS: I agree Oxley made a nonsense of Morton's second goal on Wednesday night. I haven't seen any of today's match.

He has been with us for a number of weeks now, in training every day, play him v Queens on Tuesday, see how he does, the only way to let him/defence get an understanding, is by playing games. After Morton game, I would have played him today anyway as Oxley was terrible.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2016, 04:56 PM
The new keeper is on a hiding to nothing, if he did come in he'd be behind a defence that will be changing through injuries and suspensions.

Saying that, can he be any worse than Oxley, only playing him will tell?

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Oxley is a bang average goalkeeper, who as far as I'm aware, has played in every competitive Hibs game since the start of last season when he came to the club,. I certainly cannot think of any competitive game he hasn't played in. There has never been any real competition for his place, or there has been a reluctance from the management to play another goalkeeper. Cup games last season against Arbroath and Berwick, or this season against Montrose and Stranraer would have been a perfect time to give another goalkeeper a game and let Oxley know his place isn't just a forgone conclusion.

The only way I can see Stubbs playing another goalkeeper is if Oxley is injured.

He missed a league game last season and Perntreou deputised.

We drew 0-0 at home I think.

Shrekko
27-02-2016, 05:00 PM
The new keeper is on a hiding to nothing, if he did come in he'd be behind a defence that will be changing through injuries and suspensions.

Saying that, can he be any worse than Oxley, only playing him will tell?
He'll not be worse than Oxley- I'm 100 percent confident.

Never seen a goalie with so little to do make so many howlers. When you add in the lack of bravery or ability to come out for a cross it's not a good picture.

I've watched umpteen Championship keepers at much smaller clubs perform a lot better.

Hermit Crab
27-02-2016, 05:03 PM

Never seen a goalie with so little to do make so many howlers. When you add in the lack of bravery or ability to come out for a cross it's not a good picture.

I've watched umpteen Championship keepers at much smaller clubs perform a lot better.

That's it. He's usually got nothing to do but pick the ball out the net when he ****s up.

Stubbs should man up and drop him.

CRAZYHIBBY
27-02-2016, 05:05 PM
We will be lucky to win any cup at this

AFKA5814_Hibs
27-02-2016, 05:05 PM
He missed a league game last season and Perntreou deputised.

We drew 0-0 at home I think.

:agree:

I remember now, Oxley got injured at Cowdenbeath and Perntreou played the 2nd half of that game also.

Hibbyhaz
27-02-2016, 05:12 PM
Oxley is pish for a keeper who has to touch the ball so little in most games. He will be found out if he is still our number 1 when we go up. Virtanen is supposed to have a lot of potential so I hope he starts the next game. This stage of the season is too important to have a bad keeper on bad form starting every week.

kentao
27-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Has anyone came away from a game thinking "the keeper saved us big time and won us the points" I remember saying in when big Ben was here. But feel it's the complete opposite was Ox.

I think he's the worst in the league and is the only position we really need to replace to improve the team.

Hibbyhaz
27-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Has anyone came away from a game thinking "the keeper saved us big time and won us the points" I remember saying in when big Ben was here. But feel it's the complete opposite was Ox.

I think he's the worst in the league and is the only position we really need to replace to improve the team.
Completely agree:agree:

mentalhibee
27-02-2016, 05:21 PM

Spot on, said the same to my mate on Wednesday.

Hibbyhaz
27-02-2016, 05:24 PM
Spot on, said the same to my mate on Wednesday.
I'm sure we would all love a keeper like williams back

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 05:25 PM

I think he's the worst in the league and is the only position we really need to replace to improve the team.:faf: holy ****

Golden Bear
27-02-2016, 05:28 PM
Hanlon looked ****ed as well. His knee could rule him out for weeks. Actually carried off the pitch at the end by Thomson and Fontaine. He couldn't put any weight on it.

That's the worst news I've heard today.

Hibbyhaz
27-02-2016, 05:28 PM
:faf: holy ****
He is derinately up there with the worst of the starting keepers. The fact that pretty much our entire team is far better than most teams in the championship except the goalkeeper is clear.

Alfred E Newman
27-02-2016, 05:29 PM

The defence changes on a weekly basis anyway so any understanding among them has long gone.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2016, 05:31 PM

I doubt we'd be weakened with any of the others? :dunno:

emerald green
27-02-2016, 05:32 PM
He has been with us for a number of weeks now, in training every day, play him v Queens on Tuesday, see how he does, the only way to let him/defence get an understanding, is by playing games. After Morton game, I would have played him today anyway as Oxley was terrible.

You may be right Grumpy, but that's really what I'm saying - your bit in bold. He won't have played many games before the cup final. There are only two games before the cup final - QOS then ICT.

That said, it's more important for the future of Hibs that we get out of this league, and that can only be through the play-offs.

It's the coaching staff who must make the right call on this now.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 05:33 PM
I doubt we'd be weakened with any of the others? :dunno:Can you name one of them?

Hermit Crab
That's the worst news I've heard today.

It looked a really bad one. Surprised he wasn't away to hospital during the game.

Hibbyhaz
I really don't understand how people can't see how bad Oxley is. Even when he doesn't make a mistake which leads to a goal, who always seems to spill a lot, hesitate and he just never looks confident. He makes a decent save now and then but I would expect that from any keeper in our team

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Can you name one of them?

Do you know what, no i couldn't? Just like i couldn't name you any of the oppositions outfield players either. :confused:

Greencore
27-02-2016, 05:39 PM
"Oxley is finished" what exactly did he have to begin with?

CorrieHibs
27-02-2016, 05:40 PM
He's awful. Complete weak link. To win leagues or to be challenging at the top you must have a good keeper that saves you 10 points or so a season. He probably costs that.

He hardly has anything to do. Would love to see his shots to goals ratio.

Smartie
27-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Oxley has never really convinced me, but having had to put up with Zibi, Simon Brown, Graeme Smith and all the other clowns we've had over the past 18 years or so he's not exactly stuck out as that dodgy either. Every keeper makes mistakes so I've been able to forgive him his. He HAS made good saves at important points this season, to deny this is madness.

He's been all over the shop these last few weeks though, he was lucky that Juanma was offside in the derby or his gaffe would have cost us there.

He cost us the game on Wednesday. The first 2 goals were his, then we went to pieces.

I wasn't there today but it didn't sound like he exactly excelled himself.

What I would say in his defence though is that we've had Cerny and Reguero as back-up since he came to the club and he's seen off the challenge of both of them, without either of them ever managing to force an opening. That suggests to me that he's done well enough in training and in matches for Stubbs to be happy.

This must be his biggest test now though. If we had either Cerny or Reguero here I'd be screaming for them to get a chance - keepers with reputations and experience at the top level in Scotland. I don't know enough about this young Finnish guy to judge whether or not he's ready. Because dropping Oxley now might destroy his clearly already-fragile confidence.

Gmack7
27-02-2016, 05:42 PM
Did Dumbarton have their 2nd choice keeper in today?
Fwiw I agree that the goals to shots ratio must be horrific

The_Horde
27-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Oxley can do one. Heart of a mouse. He's big and he kicks far. That's it. Useless at high balls, useless at high shots and has a horrible tory voice. Bin him

70KevinHFC62
27-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Oxley has never really convinced me, but having had to put up with Zibi, Simon Brown, Graeme Smith and all the other clowns we've had over the past 18 years or so he's not exactly stuck out as that dodgy either. Every keeper makes mistakes so I've been able to forgive him his. He HAS made good saves at important points this season, to deny this is madness.

He's been all over the shop these last few weeks though, he was lucky that Juanma was offside in the derby or his gaffe would have cost us there.

He cost us the game on Wednesday. The first 2 goals were his, then we went to pieces.

I wasn't there today but it didn't sound like he exactly excelled himself.

What I would say in his defence though is that we've had Cerny and Reguero as back-up since he came to the club and he's seen off the challenge of both of them, without either of them ever managing to force an opening. That suggests to me that he's done well enough in training and in matches for Stubbs to be happy.

This must be his biggest test now though. If we had either Cerny or Reguero here I'd be screaming for them to get a chance - keepers with reputations and experience at the top level in Scotland. I don't know enough about this young Finnish guy to judge whether or not he's ready. Because dropping Oxley now might destroy his clearly already-fragile confidence.

Best post today

hibs0666
27-02-2016, 05:54 PM

Was that a premonition? Got the lottery numbers too?

Shrekko
27-02-2016, 05:54 PM
He's awful. Complete weak link. To win leagues or to be challenging at the top you must have a good keeper that saves you 10 points or so a season. He probably costs that.

Every time he makes a save his defenders on here seem to want to make out its won us points even when it's routine stuff. He made a decent stop against Morton but you know what?- if he's come out and claimed a routine cross in the first place instead of cowering back on his line he'd never have had to make the save. A big guy his size should be plucking balls out the air no problem. That 2nd goal today was a horrendous lack of conviction- embarrassing.

His pathetic flap at Hearts 2nd disallowed goal was just a sign of things to come.

Hibs07p
27-02-2016, 05:57 PM

Is that you Mark?

GGTTH

ancient hibee
27-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Don't think it's all Oxley's fault.A team scoring less than two goals a game will always struggle to win even this league.The constant frittering away of chances puts a big strain on the defence.

Hibs1992
27-02-2016, 06:01 PM
I think Oxley is not of the standard we should be aiming for.

We have got away with it a lot of the time because we dominate most matches and he doesn't always have that much to do. The last two games have shown up his weaknesses in abundance.

Does not command his area. Rarely holds onto the ball. I mean he basically chucked their 3rd today into the net and was beaten to the ball in the air by Nade for the 2nd which is ridiculous for a guy with his physical stature.

He is also very indecisive whether to come off his line or not and causes panic in the defenders as they are backtracking.

Stubbs has a big decision to make whether to drop him or not.

R'Albin
27-02-2016, 06:09 PM
Can you name one of them?

Can you? Since you were quick to laugh off the suggestion that he might be worse than them.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 06:30 PM
Can you? Since you were quick to laugh off the suggestion that he might be worse than them.

Wez Fotheringham at the Huns - sold 2 at ER in the 2 games we've played them at home.

Jamie Langfield from St Mirren - utter pish

Darren Jamieson at Livi - Oxley scored into him...

Mark Brown at Dumbarton - deemed not good enough when he played for Hibs

Robbie Thomson at Queens - Let a shocker in against us for Cowden last season, pretty much watched Cummings tap it past him because he thought he was offside.

eastmainsmsh
27-02-2016, 06:33 PM
McGovern

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2016, 06:35 PM
Wez Fotheringham at the Huns - sold 2 at ER in the 2 games we've played them at home.

Jamie Langfield from St Mirren - utter pish

Darren Jamieson at Livi - Oxley scored into him...

Mark Brown at Dumbarton - deemed not good enough when he played for Hibs

Robbie Thomson at Queens - Let a shocker in against us for Cowden last season, pretty much watched Cummings tap it past him because he thought he was offside.

I doubt we'd even notice the difference if any of that lot replaced Oxley?

Since90+2
27-02-2016, 06:39 PM
Said it on another thread a few days ago Oxley is the weak link in the team. Don't really think it can be argued against now.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 06:39 PM
I doubt we'd even notice the difference if any of that lot replaced Oxley?Right then...

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Right then...

Oxley is every bit as good or bad as those you mentioned.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Oxley is every bit as good or bad as those you mentioned.He is better than 4 of them and it isn't even close.

Since90+2
27-02-2016, 06:57 PM
He is better than 4 of them and it isn't even close.

That's actually funny.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 06:59 PM
That's actually funny.It is true.

Since90+2
27-02-2016, 07:03 PM
It is true.

After his last 2 performances you think that Oxley is miles better than 4 of the mentioned keepers? Saying it's not even close is laughable. Seriously.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 07:09 PM
After his last 2 performances you think that Oxley is miles better than 4 of the mentioned keepers? Saying it's not even close is laughable. Seriously.Not laughable if you judge him on more than 2 games. Oxley has been largely very good this season, I love how people ignore that. He has had 2 bad games yes but ignoring the 20 good ones before it invalidates your argument. Managers take everything into account when signing or judging a player, not just 2 good or bad games.

emerald green
27-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Play in the Scottish Championship, you get Scottish Championship standard goalkeepers. Any that do distinguish themselves (can't think of any off the top of my head) wont stay at this level for long.

From what I've seen over the past two seasons in the Scottish Championship they are all very much of a muchness, i.e. not very good.

kaimendhibs
27-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Mmmmm, looks like some are agreeing with my opinion on Oxley

Thecat23
27-02-2016, 07:14 PM

You think Ox is the worst keeper in the whole league?

THE. WORST. IN. THE. LEAGUE. What a statement that is!!

Since90+2
27-02-2016, 07:15 PM
Not laughable if you judge him on more than 2 games. Oxley has been largely very good this season, I love how people ignore that. He has had 2 bad games yes but ignoring the 20 good ones before it invalidates your argument. Managers take everything into account when signing or judging a player, not just 2 good or bad games.

Largely very good? Very good? No he has been average in the majority of games not very good. If you think the performance of Oxley over the course of this season has been "very good" you are clearly watching a different keeper to the majority of the support.

J-C
27-02-2016, 07:25 PM
He's bog average but it's the squandering of chances at the other end which has lost us this league, we seem to have 5 goes before it either hits the target or goes in.

blackpoolhibs
27-02-2016, 07:37 PM

I think he's just as good as the rest of the crap in this league.

leggeto
27-02-2016, 07:50 PM

The problem with him having nothing to do means he is switching off and when we get caught on the counter he panics and his decision making is wrong,decent when the action is around our box,but it would be brave of Stubbs to drop him

paddy1875
27-02-2016, 07:59 PM
Oxley is just a kind of middle of the road keeper, iv seen him pull off some decent saves here and there, but iv also seen him do some stupid things in his time here.

The bad stick in my mind most of course because it normally costs us.

The replay against hearts was the start this year, luckily the hearts boy was offside as he slapped the ball off his chest into the net, then when we were crying out for some composure, just a small rest he kicked the ball right back to there keeper 3 or 4 times in 10 mins. Resulting in pressure coming right back onto the defence.

The mistakes against Morton are fresh in my memory and I'm sure most have seen.

The second today should've been his but when a keepers made a few mistakes a few weeks in a row it plays on their minds. I think in Scotland alone there's a handful of GOOD goalkeepers that can save teams points. Craig Gordon for instance makes the odd erse of things and when he does it once it tends to happen soon after again.

We just need to start putting the chances away at the other end against championship teams. The Ross county and ICT games coming up are the ones I'm worried about. If he doesn't get out of this huge dip in form we could be looking at a long end to the season

stoneyburn hibs
27-02-2016, 08:14 PM
Give the new boy an opportunity against QoS, as others have said Oxley is average at best. Virtanen has been given a decent contract, so the management team must rate him. Can't be any worse, and besides that I feel that I have aged a year each time Oxley takes a goal kick.

leggeto
27-02-2016, 08:22 PM
Give the new boy an opportunity against QoS, as others have said Oxley is average at best. Virtanen has been given a decent contract, so the management team must rate him. Can't be any worse, and besides that I feel that I have aged a year each time Oxley takes a goal kick.

It must be rubbish being a sub goalie knowing that it doesn't matter how bad the boy on the pitch is playing he won't be subbed or dropped,cerney never got a chance either and he is a good keeper.I say give the new guy a game,oxley has had his chance after Morton

HibsNutter
27-02-2016, 08:25 PM
Get him in, obviously seen to have potential as he's been given a long deal. Oxley isn't good enough for where we want to be. I'd want to see us improve on him if we are to go up anyway.

humptiedumptie
27-02-2016, 09:02 PM
The loneliest position and it requires strength of character and confidence and the best of goalies have suffered in the past, Jim Leighton, Frank Haffy at Wembley. Generally a manager will give his goalie two successive bad games before replacing him. Think you would need to watch the last two games via t.v. coverage to decide blame or otherwise. He certainly didn,t appear culpable at the third goal, someone else was. But I can,t think of a game where you,ve thought, Mark Oxley,saved us today.The other factor is the reserve goalie. When does he get his chance. How long? The title,s gone so the immediate requirement,s a top four finish to enter the play-offs so maybe you can test the second goalie.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 09:08 PM
It must be rubbish being a sub goalie knowing that it doesn't matter how bad the boy on the pitch is playing he won't be subbed or dropped,cerney never got a chance either and he is a good keeper.I say give the new guy a game,oxley has had his chance after MortonMust be worse being the number 1 knowing it doesn't matter how well you play for 20 games, you'll be crucified for 2 bad ones.

kentao
27-02-2016, 09:09 PM

I dont know if anyone has bothered to count the saves to shot ratio for every keeper in the league but i have a feeling Ox wont be doing too well in the league table. The amount of times in the last couple of seasons where the opposition have had 2 or 3 shots on target in the whole game and Ox has has managed to concede.

Go through the Wikis and have a look at the bbc reports.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Hibernian_F.C._season
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_Hibernian_F.C._season

whilst we are having more shots on target and not scoring because their keepers are actually of reasonable standard.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28908205
4 shots on target 2 goals from Alloa
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28816657
3 shots on target 1 goal falkirk
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29187465
2 shots on target 1 goal Queen of the south

for the amount of shots Ox has to save compared to the other keepers in this league hes not covering himself in any glory.

paddy1875
27-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Must be worse being the number 1 knowing it doesn't matter how well you play for 20 games, you'll be crucified for 2 bad ones.

Sadly it's the timing of the mistakes that have people pulling their hair out. And the forwards not putting the chances away doesn't help him.

leggeto
27-02-2016, 09:16 PM
Must be worse being the number 1 knowing it doesn't matter how well you play for 20 games, you'll be crucified for 2 bad ones.

True but out of those 20 games he's not really been tested,this is the time you need your goalie to step up,a bit like Williams done and his defense in front of him was far worse

gaz1875
27-02-2016, 09:23 PM

2 Bad games? Oxley should never have been signed after his loan spell, he is not even good enough for the championship, he has no more than half a dozen shots at him per game and spills most of them, the only reason he hasn't lost more is the defence up until the last couple of games has kept the shots away from the goals.

gaz1875
27-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Sadly it's the timing of the mistakes that have people pulling their hair out. And the forwards not putting the chances away doesn't help him.

We did score 2 today so his mistakes were crucial. In the last two matches Oxley has been at fault for the 2nd goal in both matches, in both these games the first goals were totally against the run of play, to go one nil down and playing well is a bit of a wake up call and should spur the players on, then in both matches the keeper gifts the 2nd goal, heads go down and it turns into a free for all to get the goals back. We most definitely should be scoring more, 2 goals from 18 shots today is a terrible return, but AS has chopped and changed the strikers not the keeper.

paddy1875
27-02-2016, 09:48 PM
We did score 2 today so his mistakes were crucial. In the last two matches Oxley has been at fault for the 2nd goal in both matches, in both these games the first goals were totally against the run of play, to go one nil down and playing well is a bit of a wake up call and should spur the players on, then in both matches the keeper gifts the 2nd goal, heads go down and it turns into a free for all to get the goals back. We most definitely should be scoring more, 2 goals from 18 shots today is a terrible return, but AS has chopped and changed the strikers not the keeper.

I do agree with what your saying but in almost every game we have at least 3/4 good chances to put away and maybe only take one, or even none.

gaz1875
27-02-2016, 09:57 PM
I do agree with what your saying but in almost every game we have at least 3/4 good chances to put away and maybe only take one, or even none.

I commented after the Morton match about Oxley's shot to save ratio and it has been mentioned further up this thread, but our shots to goals ratio is horrendous. I remember a few seasons back under Pat Fenlon we would have 3 or 4 shots at goal and score with 1 or 2, today 18 shots and 2 goals against Morton I think it was 16 shots and 0 goals WTF :confused:

Stokesy's on fire
27-02-2016, 10:15 PM
Oxley is finished

Get him off at half time

Yeah he's finished making mistakes! Let's move on

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2016, 11:22 PM
I've criticised Oxley on here in the past. He's one of those keepers I always think has a big mistake in him, and though most Championship teams mightn't make us pay for it, decent opposition would. At some point (particularly if promoted) we'll need a new keeper.

Houchy
28-02-2016, 12:07 AM
He should play in the midweek game in Dumfries, he needs to play some games just in case he's needed at some point. When better than against QOS, there's hardly anything on it, we ARE in the play offs now.

We can still make the playoffs easier by finishing 2nd though.

Hibbyhaz
28-02-2016, 12:12 AM
We can still make the playoffs easier by finishing 2nd though.
Not saying I would rather finish 3rd, but I think playing that extra game gives the team an advantage of being slightly more match fit. Of course at the same time playing an extra game gives more chance of a slip up though.

Libby Hibby
28-02-2016, 05:28 AM

I agree 100% with this, much more of a balanced review that some of the other posts in this thread

Libby Hibby
28-02-2016, 05:30 AM
Also...can anyone give me a situation this season where an opposition goalie has made an oxley type error that's led to us scoring?

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2016, 06:01 AM
Also...can anyone give me a situation this season where an opposition goalie has made an oxley type error that's led to us scoring?Why would you need this? It doesn't mean they are better keepers at all, obviously Oxley appears to make far more mistakes because we watch him every week.

Huns goalie had a shocker at ER for Hanlons goal

MWHIBBIES
28-02-2016, 06:06 AM
I dont know if anyone has bothered to count the saves to shot ratio for every keeper in the league but i have a feeling Ox wont be doing too well in the league table. The amount of times in the last couple of seasons where the opposition have had 2 or 3 shots on target in the whole game and Ox has has managed to concede.

Go through the Wikis and have a look at the bbc reports.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014%E2%80%9315_Hibernian_F.C._season
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015%E2%80%9316_Hibernian_F.C._season

whilst we are having more shots on target and not scoring because their keepers are actually of reasonable standard.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28908205
4 shots on target 2 goals from Alloa
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28816657
3 shots on target 1 goal falkirk
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29187465
2 shots on target 1 goal Queen of the south

for the amount of shots Ox has to save compared to the other keepers in this league hes not covering himself in any glory.That is such ****ing rubbish. Could just as easily say it because our strikers are poor finishers. I cant think of many exceptional saves keepers have made against us this season. Cummings 2 sitters being missed on Wednesday were nothing to do with good goalkeeping and none of the links you posted are relevant because they weren't Oxley mistakes.

If a team gets 1 chance and burys it well how it that the keepers fault? Shots to saves ratio is a really stupid way of judging any keeper.

Libby Hibby
28-02-2016, 06:50 AM
Why would you need this? It doesn't mean they are better keepers at all, obviously Oxley appears to make far more mistakes because we watch him every week.

Huns goalie had a shocker at ER for Hanlons goal

It just feels, to me, that these type of goal keeping errors always happen to our goalies and doesn't happen too often for us in our favour when opposition goalies make errors, nothing sinister, just an observation that I would like clarified.

Personally, I have defended Oxley in the past, I wanted him to succeed and be our solution between the sticks and he may still be but on current form, his position in the side deserves questioned and rightly so

Hiber-nation
28-02-2016, 07:28 AM
The main offenders for the 2nd goal were Stevenson and Hanlon, not Oxley.

B.H.F.C
28-02-2016, 07:40 AM
The main offenders for the 2nd goal were Stevenson and Hanlon, not Oxley.

The second goal, as in the one that Oxley came racing out, missed the ball and left his goal unguarded?

Hiber-nation
28-02-2016, 07:54 AM
The second goal, as in the one that Oxley came racing out, missed the ball and left his goal unguarded?

Oxley didn't cover himself in glory that's for sure but Stevenson completely left Nade to Hanlon who (maybe injured by that time?) wasn't switched on at all. Plus the player who made the pass had the freedom of Dumbarton (similar to the player who scored the 1st and also Barr for the 3rd). It was criminally bad defending. I watched this on TV last night, couldn't make the game. Rewound it a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming at how badly we defended.

coldingham hibs
28-02-2016, 07:56 AM
That is such ****ing rubbish. Could just as easily say it because our strikers are poor finishers. I cant think of many exceptional saves keepers have made against us this season. Cummings 2 sitters being missed on Wednesday were nothing to do with good goalkeeping and none of the links you posted are relevant because they weren't Oxley mistakes.

If a team gets 1 chance and burys it well how it that the keepers fault? Shots to saves ratio is a really stupid way of judging any keeper.

Agreed but Oxley doesn't fill me with confidence and I'm watching from the stand, what sort of confidence do the players have in him?.

Hibs07p
28-02-2016, 08:02 AM
That is such ****ing rubbish. Could just as easily say it because our strikers are poor finishers. I cant think of many exceptional saves keepers have made against us this season. Cummings 2 sitters being missed on Wednesday were nothing to do with good goalkeeping and none of the links you posted are relevant because they weren't Oxley mistakes.

If a team gets 1 chance and buries it due to the keepers incompetency, it is the keepers fault. Shots to save ratio is very important, but if there is too many variables to measure it acurately it becomes useless. However, we compare our players shot to goal ratio against our keepers shot to save ratio which makes him look bad, probably because he makes quite a few howlers, that sometimes don't cost us points. When he makes mistakes that do cost us points, even though our team should have scored more, he is going to get criticised. I trust Stubbs to do the right thing, and I would expect Virtanen to get a game against Queens on Tuesday, to see what he's got, and to give the Ox a well deserved kick up the arse. It's all about opinions though and I feel Virtanen should have been given a run in the team starting against Alloa.

GGTTH

Springbank
28-02-2016, 08:03 AM

If Oxley stays put there's no way nade can put power on the header, and its an easy save.

Thats about decision making at cross balls, similar to the killer second goal by morton.

as for the third goal yesterday (and mortons first) currently, any team that can put a corner near post scores

B.H.F.C
28-02-2016, 08:06 AM
Oxley didn't cover himself in glory that's for sure but Stevenson completely left Nade to Hanlon who (maybe injured by that time?) wasn't switched on at all. Plus the player who made the pass had the freedom of Dumbarton (similar to the player who scored the 1st and also Barr for the 3rd). It was criminally bad defending. I watched this on TV last night, couldn't make the game. Rewound it a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming at how badly we defended.

Criminal defending, agreed. But Oxley made the crucial decision. If he stays on the line he has an easy save.

It's been his biggest problem lately, not knowing when to come out or stay on his line and it's causing indecision in the back 4 IMO. He even got away with one against Alloa when he was caught in no mans land because he started to come out then decided against it half way but the boy somehow managed to lift it over the bar. Even yesterday McGregor wasn't happy with him at one point in the first half for not coming out to one.

coldingham hibs
28-02-2016, 08:08 AM
Oxley flaps at everything, never pushes a ball away from danger, always straight into the danger area & misses or squirms most cross balls, and that's a .net fact 😉

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:50 AM

I remember folk saying similar when wanting Simon Brown out and Malkowski in.

It didn't turn out well.

Stokesy's on fire
28-02-2016, 09:22 AM
The more we moan about oxley the harder we make oxleys job. Sport requires confidence....giving him verbals over Twitter and from the stands will simply make matters worse. Oxleys not as bad as some people say. Look at the sitters missed....it's a team game. The team didn't perform well enough. No need to be look for a scape goat. We move on and go again on Tuesday.

Hibs07p
28-02-2016, 10:19 AM
The more we moan about oxley the harder we make oxleys job. Sport requires confidence....giving him verbals over Twitter and from the stands will simply make matters worse. Oxleys not as bad as some people say. Look at the sitters missed....it's a team game. The team didn't perform well enough. No need to be look for a scape goat. We move on and go again on Tuesday.

I agree, but maybe AS should have acted before now. The OX has never been dropped, and knows he probably will never be dropped, it might be in his contract for all I know. Ox is getting an easy ride as it stands.

GGTTH

J-C
28-02-2016, 10:39 AM
I didn't want him signed permanently, I didn't see anything in his loan spell which made we want him. Reguero was signed as a back up and the new boy is from another country and has loads of potential, no one is pushing him hard for the starting position, he's doing what he did last season and showing signs of complacency, which could and will be costly.

Super_JMcGinn
28-02-2016, 10:48 AM

To be fair you can't say he has played well in 20 games this season, not by a long way. In most of the games we have won he has had very little to do, I'm only going by what I have seen at ER as I don't go to away matches.

I get what you're saying that if we had put away our chances his mistakes wouldn't be so costly, but we haven't, and he should have been good enough to deal with Mortons first 2 goals easily.

I do think the time has come to drop him and see what the new guy can do before we get to Hampden, the league has gone.

Ronniekirk
28-02-2016, 11:11 AM
The new keeper is one for the future ,but as he is on the bench week in week out then he could do with a game at some point in case we need to pitch him in if Ox was to get injured
Remember in 2007 everyone felt Our keeper was too small and Andy had a good game
Although that team with fletch and benji on top form would of been capable of scoring goals against most teams
The fact we now don't have an experienced keeper on the books as back up ,must reflect Stubbs faith in him .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

reservoir hibee
28-02-2016, 11:28 AM
I remember folk saying similar when wanting Simon Brown out and Malkowski in.

It didn't turn out well.

yeeesh totally forgot about the clown... gonna have nightmares tonight now

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 11:29 AM
If we persist with Oxley I think he will cost us more points this season, some very poor performances recently. He got away with some howlers earlier this season because we were winning matches but because his high profile errors are contributing to our defeats now its more noticable. Give the reserve keeper a chance and let us see what he can do. He will want to make the jersey his. Time for a change Stubbs.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:10 PM
If we persist with Oxley I think he will cost us more points this season, some very poor performances recently. He got away with some howlers earlier this season because we were winning matches but because his high profile errors are contributing to our defeats now its more noticable. Give the reserve keeper a chance and let us see what he can do. He will want to make the jersey his. Time for a change Stubbs.

What howlers did he get away with cos we were winning?

Alex Trager
28-02-2016, 08:17 PM
What howlers did he get away with cos we were winning?

We never won but the The Rangers game at ER in the petrofact he was terrible.

Arguable he could have done better for the free kick at Ibrox as well.

Last season the ozturk was an abysmal goal for him to be conceding. It was hit from about forty yards he had plenty time to sort himself out for it IMO

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:21 PM

Last season the ozturk was an abysmal goal for him to be conceding. It was hit from about forty yards he had plenty time to sort himself out for it IMO

I didn't see the pre season game and I would argue with the free kick at Ibrox being his fault.

If we're having to go back to last season to dig some up he can't be doing too badly.

Alex Trager
28-02-2016, 08:25 PM
I didn't see the pre season game and I would argue with the free kick at Ibrox being his fault.

If we're having to go back to last season to dig some up he can't be doing too badly.

Well they're the ones I recall.

Someone else said he has been protected because of the forwards doing their jobs this season.
Interesting to see what instances they bring.

Certainly, the second, and arguably the third, yesterday were brutal.

Also if you want to see a what not to do for goalkeeping watch the third goal, I think it is, from the Huns at ER.
It's brutal.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:25 PM

Petrofact was horrendous from the team

ibrox twice he was culpable. The fourth vs them was his near post. Should never be beaten like that.

Howler at at home to Dumbarton either this season or last.

Howler at at home to st mirren this season. Free kick. Shocking positioning.

should have done better with nicholsons goal at Tynie.

Even dumbarton away first game of the season. The free kick they scored oxley basically showed him where to put it. We could see that from the stand!!

The list goes on.

Alex Trager
28-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Petrofact was horrendous from the team

ibrox twice he was culpable. The fourth vs them was his near post. Should never be beaten like that.

Howler at at home to Dumbarton either this season or last.

Howler at at home to st mirren this season. Free kick. Shocking positioning.

should have done better with nicholsons goal at Tynie.

Even dumbarton away first game of the season. The free kick they scored oxley basically showed him where to put it. We could see that from the stand!!

The list goes on.

See

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:28 PM

You're kidding right? It went right through his hands on the way in.

He got lobbed last Sunday by the Alloa player after coming and then stopping and ending up getting caught in no mans land. Luckily the boy missed.

DC_Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:29 PM
The 2nd Morton goal that he made an erse of with a weak parry was almost identical to the 2nd disallowed Hertz goal in the replay that nobody mentions because it didn't count and we won. He flapped at that one and it bounced off Juanma and went in.

He definitely looked as though he had improved this season - albeit without being too busy against weak opposition in the league - but his form in the last few games has been poor. Stubbs will know best if Virtanen is ready to replace him.

I hope he is......

marinello59
28-02-2016, 08:30 PM
How many of you demanding Virtanen play have actually seen him in action? And are we demanding the defenders who screwed up before the ball reached him be replaced as well?

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:30 PM

He got lobbed last Sunday by the Alloa player after coming and then stopping and ending up getting caught in no mans land. Luckily the boy missed.

Thing is we established during the week that you only see his "mistakes" and none of his saves so maybe you're not the best guy to be asking?

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:31 PM
See

I cannot see why folk want to persist with him in goals. Give the new lad a chance, otherwise what's the point in signing him. Oxley has had his chance and has to win back the jersey for me.

Alex Trager
28-02-2016, 08:33 PM
I cannot see why folk want to persist with him in goals. Give the new lad a chance, otherwise what's the point in signing him. Oxley has had his chance and has to win back the jersey for me.

I agree mate.

We've shipped six goals against lower teams in this division so it's not as if you can argue it would unsettle our back line :s

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Thing is we established during the week that you only see his "mistakes" and none of his saves so maybe you're not the best guy to be asking?

No, I've never said he doesn't make saves. He does and some of them are good. However he does tend to make saves that are not convincing like Wednesday night for the second goal. Criminal goalkeeping. Got away with the same thing v hearts thanks to the offside flag.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:34 PM
No, I've never said he doesn't make saves. He does and some of them are good. However he does tend to make saves that are not convincing like Wednesday night for the second goal. Criminal goalkeeping. Got away with the same thing v hearts thanks to the offside flag.

I agree with the mistake during the week but the complete lack of acknowledgment of the saves he made does make me wonder what "the agenda" is.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:35 PM
I agree mate.

We've shipped six goals against lower teams in this division so it's not as if you can argue it would unsettle our back line :s

Six goals in two games. I'd say 4 of them the keeper (and defenders) should have done a lot better. Every other team seems to have a settled keeper except us.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:36 PM
Six goals in two games. I'd say 4 of them the keeper (and defenders) should have done a lot better. Every other team seems to have a settled keeper except us.

We've got a settled keeper it's just that a lot of the fans didn't take to him.

And Fyvie's not around just now to take the heat.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:36 PM
I agree with the mistake during the week but the complete lack of acknowledgment of the saves he made does make me wonder what "the agenda" is.

Some of the good saves he makes are his own doing through his errors in the first place though.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:38 PM
We've got a settled keeper it's just that a lot of the fans didn't take to him.

And Fyvie's not around just now to take the heat.

fans didn't take to him because he makes high profile errors. I was screaming blue murder after the second goal yesterday and nobody told me to shut up or disagree with me because I was right and a few folk around me agreed with me. I'm not the only one that thinks it's time to change keepers.

gaz1875
28-02-2016, 08:38 PM

That's his job to make saves and most are basic should save shots, Its not just the goals he loses that people are arguing about it's the mistakes he is getting away with that's the worry.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:39 PM
fans didn't take to him because he makes high profile errors. I was screaming blue murder after the second goal yesterday and nobody told me to shut up or disagree with me because I was right and a few folk around me agreed with me. I'm not the only one that thinks it's time to change keepers.

High profile errors? Last season?

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:40 PM
That's his job to make saves and most are basic should save shots, Its not just the goals he loses that people are arguing about it's the mistakes he is getting away with that's the worry.

You're right - he can't do anymore for us. The goalkeeping experts made the call after about the 2nd game of last season and now they're backing their case up with anything they can muster.

blackpoolhibs
28-02-2016, 08:44 PM
The goal against Falkirk was about as bad as anything i have seen us concede by ANY keeper including Zibi or Simon Brown.

gaz1875
28-02-2016, 08:46 PM
You're right - he can't do anymore for us. The goalkeeping experts made the call after about the 2nd game of last season and now they're backing their case up with anything they can muster.

Haha you maybe misread my words, If not I agree he can't do any more time for a change!! :wink:

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:50 PM
Haha you maybe misread my words, If not I agree he can't do any more time for a change!! :wink:

I'm a bit wary of chucking a total unknown in at this time of the season based on a couple of mistakes (I've not seen yesterday's but am including that).

He's made saves at crucial points in matches this season but we're forgetting all that and angling the drum that none of us have seen playing.

What will the reaction be if he is put in and God forbid stays on his line at a corner to let the defenders deal with it?

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:50 PM
The goal against Falkirk was about as bad as anything i have seen us concede by ANY keeper including Zibi or Simon Brown.

Theres another one I forgot about. Howling goalkeeping. Similar goal conceded on Wednesday. I make it 15 points he's caused us this season alone.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:51 PM
Theres another her one I forgot about. Howling goalkeeping. Similar goal conceded on Wednesday. I make it 15 points he's caused us this season alone.

:hilarious

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:54 PM
I'm a bit wary of chucking a total unknown in at this time of the season based on a couple of mistakes (I've not seen yesterday's but am including that).

He's made saves at crucial points in matches this season but we're forgetting all that and angling the drum that none of us have seen playing.

What will the reaction be if he is put in and God forbid stays on his line at a corner to let the defenders deal with it?

Then we we will need to get a couple of new goalies then. Virtanen is 6ft 5. Taller than most attackers he will face. I think he'll come and claim cross balls.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 08:56 PM
[/B]

Then we we will need to get a couple of new goalies then. Virtanen is 6ft 5. Taller than most attackers he will face. I think he'll come and claim cross balls.

Good stuff. All sorted then.

3pm
28-02-2016, 08:57 PM

:hilarious

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 08:57 PM

We ain't going to know unless we play him are we.

Stokesy's on fire
28-02-2016, 09:01 PM
[/B]

Will he score more goals than Mark Oxley though?

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 09:02 PM
We ain't going to know unless we play him are we.

No and folk won't give Oxley a minutes peace if he plays either.

Can you check your spreadsheet and let me know how many points the other players have cost us this season? Obviously after the 15 Oxleys cost us there aren't many left to share round but I'd be interested to know.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 09:04 PM
No and folk won't give Oxley a minutes peace if he plays either.

Can you check your spreadsheet and let me know how many points the other players have cost us this season? Obviously after the 15 Oxleys cost us there aren't many left to share round but I'd be interested to know.

That was a typo. 10 points he, in my opinion has cost us.

hibsboy69
28-02-2016, 09:13 PM

Yes, that was a bad one.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 09:14 PM
That was a typo. 10 points he, in my opinion has cost us.

Cheers. Be interesting to see the spread though.

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Spread sheets. Lol

matty_f
28-02-2016, 09:22 PM

I think the consensus is that the other points lost are the fault of Fyvie, Thomson, Stokes' attitude, and Rod Petrie.

Danderhall Hibs
28-02-2016, 09:30 PM
Spread sheets. Lol

So you've not got one? My first reaction was that you had plucked the 15 (then 10) number out of your arse but was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Think my instinct was right.

Viva_Palmeiras
28-02-2016, 09:34 PM
The 11th commandment: Thou shalt not ...

Hermit Crab
28-02-2016, 09:43 PM
So you've not got one? My first reaction was that you had plucked the 15 (then 10) number out of your arse but was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Think my instinct was right.

I will not lower myself to exchange low blows, like the above with you. You like oxley. Fair enough.

Hibby 2005
28-02-2016, 10:04 PM
Ironically, if Oxley had stayed on his line for Nade's goal he might have saved it, it's almost as if he'd heard all the comments about his reluctance to come off his line and thought in for a penny in for a pound. He did still try and punch but connected only with thin air. He rarely catches a cross which should be bread and butter stuff.

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2016, 05:02 AM

He got lobbed last Sunday by the Alloa player after coming and then stopping and ending up getting caught in no mans land. Luckily the boy missed.If he stays on his line the boy walks right up to him and scores, he gave the boy a decision to make and he ****ed it. You are nitpicking and it is pathetic, every Hibs player makes enough mistakes without you having to invent them.

john18722
29-02-2016, 05:24 AM
Yaaaaaaayyyy. It's been so long but finally Hibs.net has found another scapegoat. It's never quite as good when we don't have a specific player to moan about and criticise.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 06:19 AM
I will not lower myself to exchange low blows, like the above with you. You like oxley. Fair enough.

Low blows? Like challenging a made up number that you want to pin on him?

I'm not fussed if he plays or not - I just can't understand why we always need to find someone to pin a loss on. It's supposed to be a team game but it seems a lot of people think it's 11 individuals.

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2016, 06:26 AM
Low blows? Like challenging a made up number that you want to pin on him?

I'm not fussed if he plays or not - I just can't understand why we always need to find someone to pin a loss on. It's supposed to be a team game but it seems a lot of people think it's 11 individuals.

I think the reason he's getting stick is because of his mistakes, and those mistakes have been pretty regular since he signed. He's obviously had mostly a winning team covering up his mistakes and he's got away with them.

Now we are at a stage where we have lost a couple of very important games and lost any chance of winning the league, those mistakes have started to cost us. And with the team in both cups and the play offs, personally speaking i'm worried about him being our keeper in these important games coming up.

Should he be replaced, i'd give the other guy a chance, should he be replaced now, i dont know, but thats why we have a manager.

Thats the reason people have started to speak up about him, not because anyone needs a scapegoat.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 06:37 AM
I think the reason he's getting stick is because of his mistakes, and those mistakes have been pretty regular since he signed. He's obviously had mostly a winning team covering up his mistakes and he's got away with them.

Now we are at a stage where we have lost a couple of very important games and lost any chance of winning the league, those mistakes have started to cost us. And with the team in both cups and the play offs, personally speaking i'm worried about him being our keeper in these important games coming up.

Should he be replaced, i'd give the other guy a chance, should he be replaced now, i dont know, but thats why we have a manager.

Thats the reason people have started to speak up about him, not because anyone needs a scapegoat.

He made some mistakes last year - so folk didn't want him signed. He signed then made mistakes in the preseason cup game. Folk then went banging on about it and tried to pin the goal at Ibrox on him - the 1 in a 1000 strike.

He then barely made a mistake for 20 odd games (which kind of makes the regular mistakes comment look a bit harsh) and everyone stopped moaning and went for Fyvie instead.

He's now made a couple of mistakes in the last few games and folk are after him again. One poster the other night wouldn't accept he had made saves prior to his error.

Not seen any posts about how many points Cummings (for example) has cost us by not taking his chances.

Hibs07p
29-02-2016, 06:53 AM
Again all this p!sh about needing a scapegoat, nonsense. As has been stated already we have a keeper that has cost us goals and points, and while some could be down to poor defending, some of the poor defending could be down to our defenders having little confidence in the keeper. Our back 3 / 4, midfield, and forwards have been rotated a lot this season. The only position that has not is the goalkeeper, not necessarily a bad thing, but that is the position that is needing fixed, and we don't know if we have an able deputy? The league is lost now, throw in Virtanen against Queens tomorrow, and lets see what he can do. If Ox starts, and has another howler, we go into 2 cup games with a keeper lacking confidence or an untried keeper. It's just common sense surely.

GGTTH

J-C
29-02-2016, 06:57 AM
As a keeper 1 or 2 mistakes get overlooked when the team is winning but they become more obvious and important when you lose. I was in the camp that didnt want him signed but as Stubbs wanted him I accepted it but he does make too many regular mistakes for my liking even more highlighted in the last 2 games.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 06:59 AM
Again all this p!sh about needing a scapegoat, nonsense. As has been stated already we have a keeper that has cost us goals and points, and while some could be down to poor defending, some of the poor defending could be down to our defenders having little confidence in the keeper. Our back 3 / 4, midfield, and forwards have been rotated a lot this season. The only position that has not is the goalkeeper, not necessarily a bad thing, but that is the position that is needing fixed, and we don't know if we have an able deputy? The league is lost now, throw in Virtanen against Queens tomorrow, and lets see what he can do. If Ox starts, and has another howler, we go into 2 cup games with a keeper lacking confidence or an untried keeper. It's just common sense surely.

GGTTH

You're maybe onto something.

The keeper's been a constant while defence has been shifted about. Maybe he doesn't have confidence in them and that's what's causing the system to fail?

Alternatively we could blame Fontaine or mcgregor cos they're the ones that seem to be rotated. Not in a scapegoat way obviously.

Libby Hibby
29-02-2016, 07:01 AM
Having seen the highlights, I cannot see where any description of their second goal on Saturday can be described as 'Oxley bottled it' as described in the radio, a poor error in judgement, yes, but 'bottled it'? Not on your life

Hibs07p
29-02-2016, 07:44 AM
You're maybe onto something.

The keeper's been a constant while defence has been shifted about. Maybe he doesn't have confidence in them and that's what's causing the system to fail?

Alternatively we could blame Fontaine or mcgregor cos they're the ones that seem to be rotated. Not in a scapegoat way obviously.

The whole team has been shifted about, the one constant is The Ox, he's the one that can stop the ball with his hands, not very successfully on a few occasions this season I might add. You're not the Ox are you?

GGTTH

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 07:53 AM
The whole team has been shifted about, the one constant is The Ox, he's the one that can stop the ball with his hands, not very successfully on a few occasions this season I might add. You're not the Ox are you?

GGTTH

It's disappointing when the level of debate drops to this.

He's the constant in a side 2nd in the league a cup final and a cup QF.

Hibs07p
29-02-2016, 07:59 AM

And your point is?

GGTTH

marinello59
29-02-2016, 08:00 AM

Aye, I blame him for being in this position.

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2016, 08:12 AM
Aye, I blame him for being in this position.So only Oxley is to blame for us being 2nd?

marinello59
29-02-2016, 08:15 AM
So only Oxley is to blame for us being 2nd?

Are you trying to suggest it's a team game and all eleven players take responsibility when things go right or wrong?

Hibs07p
29-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Aye, I blame him for being in this position.

We could have played Stevie Wonder all season and we'd be in this position.

GGTTH

Hibby 2005
29-02-2016, 08:18 AM

Spot on, it's not about finding a scapegoat, it's about the reality of having a keeper who's a liability.

B.H.F.C
29-02-2016, 08:22 AM
If he stays on his line the boy walks right up to him and scores, he gave the boy a decision to make and he ****ed it. You are nitpicking and it is pathetic, every Hibs player makes enough mistakes without you having to invent them.

Nothing pathetic as far as I can see. Oxley has made a pretty big blunder four games on the trot. He's got away with it twice and twice he hasn't, but he's still made those blunders.

The one against Hearts when he got away with it because the Spainish boy was offside.
Alloa one when he left an open goal for the boy only for him to lift it over the bar.
Morton and Dumbarton speak for themselves.

If he continues like that then he's going to cost us in the big games we've got coming up.

matty_f
29-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Nothing pathetic as far as I can see. Oxley has made a pretty big blunder four games on the trot. He's got away with it twice and twice he hasn't, but he's still made those blunders.

The one against Hearts when he got away with it because the Spainish boy was offside.
Alloa one when he left an open goal for the boy only for him to lift it over the bar.
Morton and Dumbarton speak for themselves.

If he continues like that then he's going to cost us in the big games we've got coming up.

The Alloa one wasn't a mistake. The mistake happened to allow the boy through on goal - Oxley came out and you could/should argue that it was that action that forced the mistake from their striker to miss. Given the fact that the move didn't result in a goal, everything points to Oxley having done well in that situation.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 08:31 AM
Are you trying to suggest it's a team game and all eleven players take responsibility when things go right or wrong?

sounds like utopia?

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 08:34 AM
The Alloa one wasn't a mistake. The mistake happened to allow the boy through on goal - Oxley came out and you could/should argue that it was that action that forced the mistake from their striker to miss. Given the fact that the move didn't result in a goal, everything points to Oxley having done well in that situation.

So whose fault was it then? We need to know. How many points did this individual cost us over the season?

B.H.F.C
29-02-2016, 08:39 AM

It was a mistake in my eyes. It was a bad miss and a better calibre of opposition, in the cup final or playoffs, punish it. I could buy the argument that he put the boy off if he was in his face, rushed him etc. He was 10 yards away though and about 15 yards from his goal. He got away with it.

B.H.F.C
29-02-2016, 08:41 AM
So whose fault was it then? We need to know. How many points did this individual cost us over the season?

You were moaning about the level of debate a wee while ago and then post pish like this? Very good.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 08:42 AM
It was a mistake in my eyes. It was a bad miss and a better calibre of opposition, in the cup final or playoffs, punish it. I could buy the argument that he put the boy off if he was in his face, rushed him etc. He was 10 yards away though and about 15 yards from his goal. He got away with it.

I think this shows the difficulty he has. When making a decision to come off his line and narrow the angle to make it difficult for the guy many think he shouldn't have.

All eyes are in him trying to see if he should've done the opposite to what he did do.

Malkowski has a hell of a lot to answer for. so many folk are still suffering with the fear because of him.

GreenCastle
29-02-2016, 08:46 AM
Keepers mistakes can easily be highlighted.

Up until the last 2 games I believe the Ox has had a pretty good season.

His kicking from ground, distribution, talking etc are all positives. He has also made some good saves during games.

Obviously having a gk that knows the back 4 is useful also - our back players have changed but pretty similar personnel.

What I find out is that everyone is wanting a new untested kid to step in and play when no one knows what he is like.

While I hope he is good - my worry is like Reguero when here - everyone just thinks something different is a solution when our past reserve keeper wasn't good enough and therefore left.

We are reaching s crucial time in the season and with the cup final coming up I believe Ox has to retain the jersey, we can start experimenting after that. Last thing we want is to upset the harmony even more.

marinello59
29-02-2016, 08:51 AM
Spot on, it's not about finding a scapegoat, it's about the reality of having a keeper who's a liability.

It is about scapegoating our keeper. We had 64% possession. Unlike Dumbarton we used that possession to play far too much tippy tappy fitba. Dumbarton just got on with things when they had the ball. Why isn't there a thread asking for the midfield to be dumped?
We had 18 shots on goal, only 6 of them were on target. We also had 16 corners. Where's the thread asking for our strikers to be dumped.
Nade, ****ing Nade, looked like the best front player on the pitch due to our defenders inability to handle him. Where's the thread calling for defenders to be dumped for the cup final.
We were three goals down before our manager made the tactical changes which so obviously needed to be made. Should we get somebody else in for the final?
Hibs put in a bad performance on Saturday, no doubt, but the rush to single out Oxley baffles me. if we trust the manager's judgement then we have to conclude he is the best keeper we currently have. Fair enough pointing out that he made a mistake but from the title onwards this thread has gone beyond that.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 08:53 AM
It is about scapegoating our keeper. We had 64% possession. Unlike Dumbarton we used that possession to play far too much tippy tappy fitba. Dumbarton just got on with things when they had the ball. Why isn't there a thread asking for the midfield to be dumped?
We had 18 shots on goal, only 6 of them were on target. We also had 16 corners. Where's the thread asking for our strikers to be dumped.
Nade, ****ing Nade, looked like the best front player on the pitch due to our defenders inability to handle him. Where's the thread calling for defenders to be dumped for the cup final.
We were three goals down before our manager made the tactical changes which so obviously needed to be made. Should we get somebody else in for the final?
Hibs put in a bad performance on Saturday, no doubt, but the rush to single out Oxley baffles me. if we trust the manager's judgement then we have to conclude he is the best keeper we currently have. Fair enough pointing out that he made a mistake but from the title onwards this thread has gone beyond that.

:top marks

Hibby 2005
29-02-2016, 09:02 AM

All good points but the thread is about how good/bad our keeper is and whether Stubbs has the balls to replace Oxley as he seems to be happy rotating every other player. Oxley's confidence has gone and you could debate whether he's ever had confidence coming off his line and catching a ball.

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Find a lot of what has been said on this very amusing. Oxley has 'got away with it because of those in front of him' etc. We went on a very long unbeaten run, in which time there was numerous threads on here stating he had been fantastic, making huge saves, he made 2 or 3 top drawer saves at home to Rangers that arguably kept us in a title race. Now he's made two mistakes in his last two games he's back to being a liability. He's young, he will make mistakes, what goalkeeper doesn't? Your lying if you say none, even at the top level, never mind the Scottish championship! Obviously a goalkeeper making a mistake tends to result in a goal, however let's have a little look back, we drew 0-0 with Livingston, Jason Cummings misses sitter from 2 yards out, we lose 3-0 to Morton, at 0-0 Jason Cummings misses open goal from 6 yards out when Hibs are on top... Now I think Jason will be a top player just as I think Ox will be a top goalkeeper however they are both young and will both make mistakes, and directly or indirectly will both cost us points.

Smartie
29-02-2016, 09:09 AM

It's not about scapegoating the keeper.

It's an honest debate about whether or not we can trust this guy to take up one of the most important positions in our team after he's made a sequence of mistakes.

To Oxley's credit he HAS mad important save at important times during matches this season, often at 0-0 in games and these are saves that you could say have won us points.

But he is making at least one error per game at the moment, at critical times during games (giving away the second goal in games when we're already 1-0 down is killing us) and it is reasonable to ask if we can trust this guy.

These mistakes have cost us dear against (relatively) poor opposition - we have big games coming up against Premier league teams in cup quarter finals and finals where there will be even less margin for error. Do you honestly think we can carry a goalkeeper who is almost guaranteed to chuck in a goal per game against them (as Oxley is doing at the moment)?

We're going to have MASSIVE play-off games at the end of this season - what if we have to pitch Vrtanen into those? Is it not best that we know whether or not he can handle it prior to then? What message does it send him that Oxley can play this badly and not get dropped?

I totally agree with you FWIW that our main problems lie with the goalscoring - we take our chances, we get in front in these games and we don't mind the goalkeepers mistakes so much. But when we can't rely on the forward unit to do the business we need to make sure we're as tight as possible at the back and Oxley is total bombscare at the moment.

blackpoolhibs
29-02-2016, 02:10 PM
He made some mistakes last year - so folk didn't want him signed. He signed then made mistakes in the preseason cup game. Folk then went banging on about it and tried to pin the goal at Ibrox on him - the 1 in a 1000 strike.

He then barely made a mistake for 20 odd games (which kind of makes the regular mistakes comment look a bit harsh) and everyone stopped moaning and went for Fyvie instead.

He's now made a couple of mistakes in the last few games and folk are after him again. One poster the other night wouldn't accept he had made saves prior to his error.

Not seen any posts about how many points Cummings (for example) has cost us by not taking his chances.

Would you class the goal he let in against falkirk a mistake, or his complete hash of an attempted save when Hearts scored in the replay only for it to luckily be given offside? He's does not convince me and it seems plenty of others, if he did then this discussion would not be happening.

FWIW i have no idea how good the reserve keeper is, and if he's worse all we would do is dent a keeper who's in poor form further. Its a difficult one in my opinion, but one the manager will make and live or die by that decision.

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 02:54 PM
Would you class the goal he let in against falkirk a mistake, or his complete hash of an attempted save when Hearts scored in the replay only for it to luckily be given offside? He's does not convince me and it seems plenty of others, if he did then this discussion would not be happening.

FWIW i have no idea how good the reserve keeper is, and if he's worse all we would do is dent a keeper who's in poor form further. Its a difficult one in my opinion, but one the manager will make and live or die by that decision.

The Hearts one wasn't 'luckily' given offside, it was given offside because the boy was about a yard offside, if the boy was onside Oxley would have had even more time and would have taken it comfortably, to hold that against someone is ludicrous. The Falkirk one was a bad one, concentration, as he had nothing to do the whole game, however with or without that mistake I've no doubt we would've taken a point from that game as with 10 men we never created one chance, nor did Falkirk.

eastmainsmsh
29-02-2016, 02:56 PM
If oxley can cut out some rash moments he will be a quality keeper

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 03:17 PM

I genuinely can't remember the Falkirk one. As for the hearts one that points already been rubbished.

gaz1875
29-02-2016, 04:15 PM
The Hearts one wasn't 'luckily' given offside, it was given offside because the boy was about a yard offside, if the boy was onside Oxley would have had even more time and would have taken it comfortably, to hold that against someone is ludicrous. The Falkirk one was a bad one, concentration, as he had nothing to do the whole game, however with or without that mistake I've no doubt we would've taken a point from that game as with 10 men we never created one chance, nor did Falkirk.

That's a ridiculous defense of a mistake, Oxley had no way of knowing he was offside at the time.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 04:28 PM
That's a ridiculous defense of a mistake, Oxley had no way of knowing he was offside at the time.

Maybe the distraction/boy being in his eyeline put him off?

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 04:36 PM

And if he was onside, as I said, Oxley would have had a yard or two extra time to take it rather than an attacker charging in. You can't call something a 'mistake' when the guy was offside and whether he caught it or fumbled it made no difference to the flow of the game at all!
It would be like moaning at a ref for not giving a penalty after the game has stopped for a foul already.

gaz1875
29-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Maybe the distraction/boy being in his eyeline put him off?

He was behind Oxley.

Hibbyhaz
29-02-2016, 05:18 PM
And if he was onside, as I said, Oxley would have had a yard or two extra time to take it rather than an attacker charging in. You can't call something a 'mistake' when the guy was offside and whether he caught it or fumbled it made no difference to the flow of the game at all!
It would be like moaning at a ref for not giving a penalty after the game has stopped for a foul already.
I would still expect him to be able to deal with that cross, even if he was offside. Another thing I noticed if he never seems sure about shots going wide, never looks like he has things covered

gaz1875
29-02-2016, 05:21 PM

What, it was all in the same move the game hadn't stopped? he blundered and was lucky he was offside, he pretty much palmed it into the path of the Hearts player to tap in, similar to the Morton game (similar before I get accused of saying identical lol).

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 05:31 PM
What, it was all in the same move the game hadn't stopped? he blundered and was lucky he was offside, he pretty much palmed it into the path of the Hearts player to tap in, similar to the Morton game (similar before I get accused of saying identical lol).

Did it result in a goal? No
Would he have held it if Juanma was onside? Yes

There are no similarities at all, the Morton one was all due to him reacting far too late to, which meant not dealing with it properly and parrying it into the 6 yard box. You cannot hold something against him for the boy being offside, would we go nuts about Cummings missing an open goal after he had been flagged offside? Would we call that a 'mistake'? Apparently we don't go nuts at him for missing open goals when onside but that's beside the point.

gaz1875
29-02-2016, 05:33 PM

There are no similarities at all, the Morton one was all due to him reacting far too late to, which meant not dealing with it properly and parrying it into the 6 yard box. You cannot hold something against him for the boy being offside, would we go nuts about Cummings missing an open goal after he had been flagged offside? Would we call that a 'mistake'? Apparently we don't go nuts at him for missing open goals when onside but that's beside the point.

Go watch it again deary me :confused:

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 05:37 PM

Watch what again? The fact Juanma was offside? It's not 'luck' that the boy was offside it is fact, black and white. He shouldn't have been in that position and if he was in the correct position, the ball wouldn't have hit him.

coldingham hibs
29-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Just watched Nade's goal from Saturday. Did we have Superman in goals?. 🙄

Hermit Crab
29-02-2016, 05:44 PM
Just watched Nade's goal from Saturday. Did we have Superman in goals?. 

Horrendous goalkeeping.

ancient hibee
29-02-2016, 05:47 PM
Horrendous goalkeeping.

Even worse marking by a centre half.Incidentally who were the two midfield men playing statues for the first goal?

gaz1875
29-02-2016, 05:56 PM
Watch what again? The fact Juanma was offside? It's not 'luck' that the boy was offside it is fact, black and white. He shouldn't have been in that position and if he was in the correct position, the ball wouldn't have hit him.

The fact Oxley blundered offside or not.

Your defence of his mistakes is admiral. Lets all hope if he turns out and plays as good as you think he is, we win Tuesday, semi of Scottish and League cup holders again, then I will come on and agree with you :agree:

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 06:03 PM

You've said he palmed it into the path of a guy that was behind him. Maybe more than one person needs to watch it again.

Shrekko
29-02-2016, 06:04 PM
Surely you've got to be kidding?

Most chances are a result of mistakes further back but the goalie still has a job to do. He was caught in no mans land and turned it into a sitter for the player who made a hash of it. A good example of why his mistakes have been generally not too costly. As the level of opposition gets better though the more nervous we'll become.

Absolutely everything - shots to goals ratio, record from free kicks, poor handling, lack of bravery, lack of command of his box, etc etc points to him being a not very good keeper but still people say otherwise.

I keep reading 'you can't blame Oxley for that goal' when many times I'm certain that although he's not blundered, a better goalie saves the shot.

Danderhall Hibs
29-02-2016, 06:07 PM
Surely you've got to be kidding?

Most chances are a result of mistakes further back but the goalie still has a job to do. He was caught in no mans land and turned it into a sitter for the player who made a hash of it. A good example of why his mistakes have been generally not too costly. As the level of opposition gets better though the more nervous we'll become.

Absolutely everything - shots to goals ratio, record from free kicks, poor handling, lack of bravery, lack of command of his box, etc etc points to him being a not very good keeper but still people say otherwise.

I keep reading 'you can't blame Oxley for that goal' when many times I'm certain that although he's not blundered, a better goalie saves the shot.

This is why he can't win. We've got a decent number of fans imagining a different goalie being in every time another team score. Rarely do I hear a shout of "aye but a better unnamed striker would've scored it" about Cummings missing a fairly easy chance.

And what is the shots/goal ratio? Is it fact or is it like the "15 points he's cost us" this season?

gaz1875
29-02-2016, 06:12 PM
You've said he palmed it into the path of a guy that was behind him. Maybe more than one person needs to watch it again.

I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he touched it, if he never it is even worse.

Hibbyhaz
29-02-2016, 06:12 PM
He is clearly not good enough for this squad. When the rest of the squad is of a high standard it's clear to see where the weakness is.

Big L
29-02-2016, 06:17 PM
Cummings misses loads of chances, but fortunately he gets loads! Go back to the Dumbarton game start of last season 22 yrds Oxleys bottom right exactly the same as Sat and theirs been loads of them over the past 20 months. i have never left a game thinking he had a good one. He,s not good enough and it pains me to say so!

MWHIBBIES
29-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Cummings misses loads of chances, but fortunately he gets loads! Go back to the Dumbarton game start of last season 22 yrds Oxleys bottom right exactly the same as Sat and theirs been loads of them over the past 20 months. i have never left a game thinking he had a good one. He,s not good enough and it pains me to say so!:faf:

Hibbyhaz
29-02-2016, 06:21 PM
:faf:
I've left more games thinking he has had a bad game than the opposite . Hibs could easily do better. A goalkeeper makes a huge difference, look at Kawashima at DUTD

Pretty Boy
29-02-2016, 06:27 PM
Just watched Nade's goal from Saturday. Did we have Superman in goals?. 🙄

No idea what he was even thinking coming for that. To then be so unconvincing when he did come just compounds the error.

Hermit Crab
29-02-2016, 06:30 PM
He's cost us points and will cost us more. Time for a change before it's too late.

BoomtownHibees
29-02-2016, 06:56 PM

That's mental to even think that.
If Juanma was half a yard further from the goal, making him onside, in what way would Oxley have reacted differently?

Did he only push it out because he knew Juanma was offside??

eastterrace
29-02-2016, 07:04 PM
The Hearts one wasn't 'luckily' given offside, it was given offside because the boy was about a yard offside, if the boy was onside Oxley would have had even more time and would have taken it comfortably, to hold that against someone is ludicrous. The Falkirk one was a bad one, concentration, as he had nothing to do the whole game, however with or without that mistake I've no doubt we would've taken a point from that game as with 10 men we never created one chance, nor did Falkirk. sorry mate he bottled out of it he didn't know that the hearts player was offside, he has the heart of a pea

Blaster
29-02-2016, 07:07 PM
No idea what he was even thinking coming for that. To then be so unconvincing when he did come just compounds the error.

Fair enough but where was the centre half. Same for the 3rd goal, defence posted missing and player leaves the post

Big L
29-02-2016, 10:06 PM
1st goal against Morton Gray ball watching it's on the 6 yard line, does Oxley come out and punch it? 2nd one ball going across the goal Morton striker isnae getting it until Oxley stops it for him. 3rd goal Ox looked as always as if he was close enough to stick his hand out but does,t the goals against Dumbarton were all a joke namely the nadi one. I'm sorry but I have never thought he was good enough.

hibbysam
29-02-2016, 10:12 PM
1st goal against Morton Gray ball watching it's on the 6 yard line, does Oxley come out and punch it? 2nd one ball going across the goal Morton striker isnae getting it until Oxley stops it for him. 3rd goal Ox looked as always as if he was close enough to stick his hand out but does,t the goals against Dumbarton were all a joke namely the nadi one. I'm sorry but I have never thought he was good enough.

Your blaming Oxley for the first against Morton? Holy... The ball was at the front post, with 3 of our guys against 1 Morton player, why would Oxley even attempt to get there? The third one the boy sweeps it in on his strong left peg. Bash him for what he does wrong but let's not make arguments up for the sake of it!

KWJ
29-02-2016, 10:52 PM
He's not a great keeper but I'd say he's better than average for the top 2 divisions in Scotland.

There's simply not that many great goalies about that everyone can have one, that's how we've had utter ***** for most of the last decade +.

Smartie
29-02-2016, 11:35 PM
Your blaming Oxley for the first against Morton? Holy... The ball was at the front post, with 3 of our guys against 1 Morton player, why would Oxley even attempt to get there? The third one the boy sweeps it in on his strong left peg. Bash him for what he does wrong but let's not make arguments up for the sake of it!

I don't think it was 100% Oxley's fault but whenever you lose a headed goal inside the 6 yard box from a corner you have to ask what the keeper was playing at. It is often either a failure to come and claim the cross or a dodgy starting position. As I say, not 100% his and not as obvious as the second goal was but I think the keeper had a contribution to the first goal.

Dashing Bob S
01-03-2016, 01:05 AM
I love the Ox. Hibs legend.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2016, 06:16 AM
I don't think it was 100% Oxley's fault but whenever you lose a headed goal inside the 6 yard box from a corner you have to ask what the keeper was playing at. It is often either a failure to come and claim the cross or a dodgy starting position. As I say, not 100% his and not as obvious as the second goal was but I think the keeper had a contribution to the first goal.

A decent keeper would clear everything and everybody in the way for that 1st goal against morton. Instead he was rooted to his line and they then scored a goal from inside his 6 yard box.

Sometimes when the ball is whipped in its more difficult for any keeper, but ffs this ball was clipped in and in the air long enough for him to attack it.

Danderhall Hibs
01-03-2016, 06:29 AM
A decent keeper would clear everything and everybody in the way for that 1st goal against morton. Instead he was rooted to his line and they then scored a goal from inside his 6 yard box.

Sometimes when the ball is whipped in its more difficult for any keeper, but ffs this ball was clipped in and in the air long enough for him to attack it.

I said this last week - he had not long made a good save to keep it 0-0 by staying on his line at a corner. Maybe influenced by that. Perhaps the defence and him have an understanding of who will clear when in certain areas.

Either way I disagree all the blame should be pinned on him.

The 2nd on Saturday was not pretty but I also think Hanlon should've matched Nade's run. Maybe Oxley thought he was going to as well and that fraction of a second's hesitation meant the big useless ******* got there first.

blackpoolhibs
01-03-2016, 06:41 AM
I said this last week - he had not long made a good save to keep it 0-0 by staying on his line at a corner. Maybe influenced by that. Perhaps the defence and him have an understanding of who will clear when in certain areas.

Either way I disagree all the blame should be pinned on him.

The 2nd on Saturday was not pretty but I also think Hanlon should've matched Nade's run. Maybe Oxley thought he was going to as well and that fraction of a second's hesitation meant the big useless ******* got there first.

Maybe they do, i dont know. What i do know is what i see and for me its the keepers ball every time. It might look like i'm digging him out, but even i would probably not drop him now.

I have no idea what the new guy is like, but i'd hope he's going to be much better than Oxley, but if we did replace him and the new guy was not any better, it would dent Oxleys confidence and thats the last thing we need at the moment.

Stubbs will live or die by his decisions, i hope he gets this one right.