Henderson

Cummimgs
Stokes

easty
27-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Hopefully

hibee-boys
27-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Yip, Hanlon and Bartley back in. The majority of this team have beat top premiership opposition, got us to a cup final and seen us through a long unbeaten run. Let's not have a knee jerk reaction to one bad night and give them all a chance to show what they are capable off. I hope they use all the over the top criticism as motivation!

Ronniekirk
27-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Yip, Hanlon and Bartley back in. The majority of this team have beat top premiership opposition, got us to a cup final and seen us through a long unbeaten run. Let's not have a knee jerk reaction to one bad night and give them all a chance to show what they are capable off. I hope they use all the over the top criticism as motivation!

As long as the attitude of the team is right we will be fine today The run is shining through here in the West

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

erin go bragh
27-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Henderson

Cummimgs
Stokes

Tin hat on but don't think Stevenson and Gray give us enough width or pace when teams sit in .
Playing three across the back with Boyle and Carmichael as wing backs is much better suited as they showed last Sat against Alloa . Imo .
So I'd put in Cummings and Stokes for Keats and Daggers .

Ox

McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Boyle
Carmichael

Henderson
McGinn
McGeuoch

Stokes
Cummings

Crammond Hibee
27-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Henderson

Cummimgs
Stokes

Our strongest team available imho

FromTheCapital
27-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Oxley

Gray
McGregor
Hanlon
Stevenson

Bartley
McGinn
McGeouch
Henderson

Cummimgs
Stokes

Same for me :aok:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smartie
27-02-2016, 09:00 AM
I'm not at all convinced by the diamond or by Stokes and Cummings together up front. I was also impressed by Boyle and Carmichael last Sunday who both have a lot to offer at this level. They provide pace and a willingness to run at players and open teams up that we often lack. There's been a bit too much hard-arsedness in our league games of late, we need to have a bit of impetus from fringe players pushing to make places their own. I'm not convinced McGeouch was nearly fit enough to play on Wednesday - I actually think that he's our best player but he was nowhere near showing it against Morton.

Oxley

McGregor
Hanlon
Fontaine

Bartley
McGinn

Boyle
Henderson
Carmichael

Stokes
Dagnall

Stokes not to venture too far from their area - we'll get chances to him this way. Dagnall can tank about making a complete nuisance of himself, not to worry in the least if he doesn't get a goal - just make sure the team is winning.

No room for caution - we have to go all out and win every game, let's have some fun with it along the way. Boyle and Carmichael aren't really wing-backs - more all-out wingers, a bit like they were last Sunday. Bartley sits and protects the back 3, helping out stem counter attacks but McGinn can get forward and support a bit more.

Plenty of options on the bench to shake it up and change it along the way if it's not working.

scooby
27-02-2016, 09:02 AM
I liked the look of Carmichael and Boyle last week, definitely caused more problems than our predictable play through the middle.

southern hibby
27-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Said all season still think Boyle could open defences up as he did last week and really does offer us a different approach, especially if brought on as a sub and allowed to run at defences when they're starting to tire.

GGTTH

Alex Trager
27-02-2016, 09:16 AM
I liked the look of Carmichael and Boyle last week, definitely caused more problems than our predictable play through the middle.

Agreed.

We need the pace he has to offer against teams that sit deep.
I really think it is that simple.

If we would have had pace in about there all season we would have been tanking the teams that sit deep.
It allows us a lot more opportunity to open them up.

Instead of trying to pass through them, which we have managed this season but rarely, st Mirren apart, have we really beaten a team well.
Until Alloa last week.

Pace is key in this league.

matty_f
27-02-2016, 09:17 AM
With the game on Wednesday night showing that the defence didn't look too clever, I think it's essential that McGregor and Fontaine get another game together before we play ICT, where Hanlon is unavailable.

Oranje39
27-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Oxley
Gunarsson Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson
Bartley
McGinn Henderson
Cummings Dagnall Stokes

Bishop Hibee
27-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Oxley
Gunarsson McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Boyle Bartley Henderson McGinn
Cummings Stokes

Gray looked knackered v Morton so put him on the bench. McGeoch isn't fit. Boyle has pace which could trouble a Dumbarton side stuffed by Dundee midweek. Cummings gets goals even when not on top form. I'm hoping its lack of match fitness that is hindering Stokes. This game will be telling.

dmc1875
27-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Oxley

gunnarsson
hanlon
mcgregor
stevenson

boyle
bartley
mcginn
henderson

cummings
Dagnall

Onceinawhile
27-02-2016, 10:50 AM
Don't like Bartley and Dylan together against teams who sit in. Dylan drops too deep to collect the ball so we end up short in midfield.

I'd have Keatings at the tip of the diamond and henderson and mcginn in the middle.

dmc1875
27-02-2016, 10:51 AM

Agreed and part of the reason rangers get so much joy against teams in the championship is they break them down with relentless pace down the flanks, something we could do more of and Boyle and Carmichael give us that

AlbertK86
27-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Tin hat on but don't think Stevenson and Gray give us enough width or pace when teams sit in . Playing three across the back with Boyle and Carmichael as wing backs is much better suited as they showed last Sat against Alloa . Imo . So I'd put in Cummings and Stokes for Keats and Daggers . Ox McGregor Fontaine Hanlon Boyle Carmichael Henderson McGinn McGeuoch Stokes Cummings

I quite like the look of that team

nickwhibs
27-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Oxley

Gunnarson ---Hanlon---Fontaine---Stevenson

----------- Bartley
------------------------------McGinn
Boyle ------- -- Henderson--------Carmichael
-----------------Cummings

hfc rd
27-02-2016, 01:05 PM
Don't like Bartley and Dylan together against teams who sit in. Dylan drops too deep to collect the ball so we end up short in midfield.

I'd have Keatings at the tip of the diamond and henderson and mcginn in the middle.

We've tried playing Keatings at the tip of the diamond and it hasn't worked.

hfc rd
27-02-2016, 01:08 PM
Tin hat on but don't think Stevenson and Gray give us enough width or pace when teams sit in .
Playing three across the back with Boyle and Carmichael as wing backs is much better suited as they showed last Sat against Alloa . Imo .
So I'd put in Cummings and Stokes for Keats and Daggers .

Ox

McGregor
Fontaine
Hanlon

Boyle
Carmichael

Henderson
McGinn
McGeuoch

Stokes
Cummings

I kind of like the look of that but reckon Stubbs will go with four at the back. Only 2 changes from Wednesday nightbeing Hanlon and Bartley in for Fontaine and Thomson.

stantonhibby
27-02-2016, 01:10 PM
So no McGeoch, Stokes or Gray today.

AlbertK86
27-02-2016, 01:16 PM
We've tried playing Keatings at the tip of the diamond and it hasn't worked.

I would argue it did work on a few occasions but on others he struggled.

Think he is good just off the front man

frazeHFC
27-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Oxley

Gunnarson ---Hanlon---Fontaine---Stevenson

----------- Bartley
------------------------------McGinn
Boyle ------- -- Henderson--------Carmichael
-----------------Cummings

Would quite like to see how this team/formation would get on. Going to be interesting to see how we line up against the 2 Highland teams coming up.