PDA

View Full Version : Best place to sit at Hampden

Captain Trips
26-02-2016, 08:28 PM
I selected section D4 for the final as I found behind the goals murder. Never sat in main stand as yet I always found the North to be pretty good.

Gatecrasher
26-02-2016, 08:29 PM
Pretty much anywhere in the north is good for me as well.

simple
26-02-2016, 08:33 PM
I selected section D4 for the final as I found behind the goals murder. Never sat in main stand as yet I always found the North to be pretty good.

Any where in winning end (the hibs end). Hail hail.

jgl07
26-02-2016, 08:34 PM
I don't think there is such a thing as a good seat at Hampden.

There are some that are less bad than others.

The East and West Stands are dreadful.

Most of the good seats in the South are not available. The ones out wide are not good.

Everything is too far from the action because of that track.

Golden Bear
26-02-2016, 08:37 PM
South upper but its out of bounds so far!

Pete
26-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Directly behind the goals as far up as you can get is my favourite place.

erin go bragh
26-02-2016, 08:46 PM
Directly behind the goals as far up as you can get is my favourite place.

You must have eye sight like Lee Majors :)
North stand ( at least your kinda close to the pitch )

GGTTH

SON OF PADDY
26-02-2016, 08:47 PM
North stand D1 EE 17-20 Halfway line,Right in the middle. ;-)
Perfect view for the CUP being presented to David Gray.

Holmesdale Hibs
26-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Best view I've had was from the top tier but along either side of the pitch is good as well - think that's the north and south. Don't like behind the goals myself, you can barely see what's going on at the goals on front of you never mind the other end. Ibrox is a far better stadium to watch football, shame it's wasted on the current buns. Football stadiums and athletic tracks should never meet.

Pete
26-02-2016, 08:56 PM
You must have eye sight like Lee Majors :)
North stand ( at least your kinda close to the pitch )

GGTTH

The other end of the pitch isn't easy to see but it feels like you are right in amongst "your end" and at the heart of the support. You can also see everything that's going on in the ground in your plane of vision and therefore get really immersed in the atmosphere.

I'm probably not explaining myself very well but it's more about the experience than the view. :greengrin

monktonharp
26-02-2016, 08:58 PM
we had the West when Celtic beat us 3 nil. was not a bad view of the Celtic first 2 going in:rolleyes:Apart from that, it was a great atmosphere and singing in the Hibs end to drown out the winners' voices. North stand, anywhere is good.

madabouthibs
26-02-2016, 11:52 PM
Been all around that effing s**thole, and for me, the best experience was in the double letters, right behind the goal in the East, during our comeback against Falkirk in that semi. :flag:
Worst was the North, down low, for the Dundee Utd 1-2 semi.

JOD
27-02-2016, 12:29 AM
I really don't give a s hite. After Morton result I am gutted.

Hav not booked my tickets for League cu final cause I was there

in 2007. It means nothing.

W3hat means to me is promotion and Holy Grail.

So enjoy your day folks.

BoomtownHibees
27-02-2016, 12:32 AM
On your arse

TAHibby
27-02-2016, 01:34 AM
Even the north is miles from the pitch and the slope is ridiculously shallow, wouldn't care if there was a column directly in front of me though if it meant being there to see a cup win

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 02:13 AM
Honestly it is pretty gash all the way around, really dislike the view and the stadium in general. Always feels a bit special going there though and nothing is better than coming away after a Hibs win.

Pete
27-02-2016, 03:29 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

It means nothing?

Does that mean you are bored of the league cup or have you bought into the "wee cup" pish that has only recently been spouted by the cheats?

The teams of the fifties and sixties respected every tournament they entered and every medal they won.

Try telling anyone in your profile picture that the league cup means nothing.

Was 1991 meaningless? It was probably the most meaningful of all the victories.

Did this mean nothing? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPXCNwBu_t8

Terms like "holy grail" didn't really exist before 1998 and its only impressionable people that buy into this notion that the league cup is of lesser value than the Scottish. It's been hammered home by hearts pricks that are actually doing their own greats who lifted the league cup a disservice.

If it has to be the play offs then so be it. Don't be so bloody daft and please get some tickets for the final.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 04:01 AM

So enjoy your day folks.It means everything and results like Morton make it even better. Your loss buddy, there is no where I'd rather be than in an army of Hibs fans win or lose.

Dashing Bob S
27-02-2016, 04:17 AM
Nowhere's good in Hampden. It's a toilet and should be razed to the ground. I go under sufferance. There is no cup win that cannot have some of it shine knocked off it, or no defeat that cannot have greater pain just through the realisation you are standing in that place.

California-Hibs
27-02-2016, 04:17 AM
People like a good moan about Hampden, the track, atmosphere etc, I find it really amusing. The stadium is nowhere near as bad as folk make out. I actually think it's a very decent stadium and have enjoyed many Scotland/Hibs games there, sitting in various different areas and never having any problem at all with the view.

California-Hibs
27-02-2016, 04:19 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

'It means nothing' lol! Away and stop talking absolute pish!!

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 04:43 AM
I'm in the west stand this time. I'm not really fussed where I sit as long as we win, it's the wee ones first final so hopefully she's going to enjoy it.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 04:47 AM
People like a good moan about Hampden, the track, atmosphere etc, I find it really amusing. The stadium is nowhere near as bad as folk make out. I actually think it's a very decent stadium and have enjoyed many Scotland/Hibs games there, sitting in various different areas and never having any problem at all with the view.You have absolutely no perspective on the other side of the field unless you are 20 feet tall. From behind the goals it is difficult to tell the difference between a penalty and a free kick on the half way line.

hibbymick
27-02-2016, 05:06 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

I thought glue sniffing was out of fashion.

TheHarpy76
27-02-2016, 05:12 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

Good grief.

I genuinely can't think of anything else to say.

Pete
27-02-2016, 05:32 AM
You have absolutely no perspective on the other side of the field unless you are 20 feet tall. From behind the goals it is difficult to tell the difference between a penalty and a free kick on the half way line.

You just wait for the decision by the ref or watch for the other end exploding to tell you if a goal has been scored.

So many youngsters are sick of modern football yet so many of them moan about things that actually give them a taste of the era they pine for.

Libby Hibby
27-02-2016, 05:59 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

Spoken like a true Yam

jimmythefish
27-02-2016, 06:14 AM
In 2007 had 2 seats for me & my bro hibs phoned me & told me they'd double booked our seats & would we mind moving to the south , we moved & ended up in section right next to hibs bench remember chatting to zemma & had perfect view just below the steps when rob Jones lifted the cup

offshorehibby
27-02-2016, 06:28 AM
C5 or D1 in the North are my usual my first choices.

lucky
27-02-2016, 06:29 AM
In previous finals when tickets were difficult to get most did not give a toss which stand they were in. Most were just glad to be there. FFS this is a National completion, we've only ever won it 3 times in our history. I've seen us win it twice and can't wait for the third. So let's get those tickets sold and get behind the team

iwasthere1972
27-02-2016, 06:36 AM
Good grief.

I genuinely can't think of anything else to say.

I can. If its not a wind up then crap attitude.

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 07:03 AM
You just wait for the decision by the ref or watch for the other end exploding to tell you if a goal has been scored.

So many youngsters are sick of modern football yet so many of them moan about things that actually give them a taste of the era they pine for.Or the view at Hampden just sucks?

Keith_M
27-02-2016, 07:18 AM
In 2007, we got tickets for the North Stand but ended up in the front row.

Wasn't a great view so I spent most of the game standing behind the back row, consuming endless coffees from the snack bar.

Not a great Stadium but not the worst, I suppose.

Keith_M
27-02-2016, 07:18 AM
i really don't give a s hite. After morton result i am gutted.

Hav not booked my tickets for league cu final cause i was there

W3hat means to me is promotion and holy grail.

So enjoy your day folks.

ltyf

stantonhibby
27-02-2016, 07:25 AM
Nowhere's good in Hampden. It's a toilet and should be razed to the ground. I go under sufferance. There is no cup win that cannot have some of it shine knocked off it, or no defeat that cannot have greater pain just through the realisation you are standing in that place.

Utter pish

Pretty Boy
27-02-2016, 07:30 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

Each to their own.

It means everything to me. I'll be there kicking every ball, roaring the team on and going absolutely mental. If we win I'll be out all night and most of the next day and will be on cloud 9 for weeks. Lose and it will be full post mortem and being like a bear with a sore head for a long while.

The day I think of winning a major trophy as meaning nothinh will be a sad day for me because it will mean I've given up on Hibs.

HibeeMassive
27-02-2016, 08:36 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

Maybe one day you'll get to see your team winning the LC :dunno:

hfc rd
27-02-2016, 09:46 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

A yam could have not said that any better! What a pile of utter p***!

rotherhamrob
27-02-2016, 09:57 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

Jeezo, how can you say a cup means nothing? It's just as well the rest of the hibees travelling from all over the world don't feel the same.i for one can't wait to be there.
1.to hopefully see us win.
2.i can't imagine there's anything better than being amongst thousands of hibees singing sol. (Ive never been to a cup final)
3.i would love to be able to go to easter road every week, let alone Hampden for a major final.

Onion
27-02-2016, 10:21 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

Sad. Need to find yourself another hobby.

MickeyEdwards
27-02-2016, 10:21 AM
The South Upper is the best and I have fortunately already got seats for March 13th for my group up there!

It's good to have the odd "contact" here and there!

Keith_M
27-02-2016, 10:25 AM
The South Upper is the best and I have fortunately already got seats for March 13th for my group up there!

It's good to have the odd "contact" here and there!

Do you know some debenture holders? Must be handy when it comes to Cup Finals.

Canon Hannan
27-02-2016, 10:27 AM
I have been about 6 rows from the front at the corners a few times and it is perfect. People need to accept the view and seat and stop looking for half way line half way up seats. Behind the goals is ok too. Great view of the Hibs support.

NAE NOOKIE
27-02-2016, 10:29 AM

So enjoy your day folks.

Must try harder :slipper:

LTYF

MickeyEdwards
27-02-2016, 10:42 AM
Do you know some debenture holders? Must be handy when it comes to Cup Finals.

Aye, my bro has a few and has friends who also each have a few so he can usually see us alright for Cup Finals whoever the opposition is as most of the Debenture holders are supporters of Glasgow teams!

Means that we all get to sit together in a decent location without the usual angst of buying tickets for a major match when trying to seat a larger number than usual together!

jgl07
27-02-2016, 10:49 AM

So enjoy your day folks.
The lesson from that is don't post when you're pissed.

DH1875
27-02-2016, 10:52 AM
Where are the singing section gonna be?

SON OF PADDY
27-02-2016, 02:11 PM
I have been about 6 rows from the front at the corners a few times and it is perfect. People need to accept the view and seat and stop looking for half way line half way up seats. Behind the goals is ok too. Great view of the Hibs support.

Enjoy your seat " I'm not being sarcastic " personally wouldn't want to sit behind the goals.
I always try to get the best seats available. GGTTH

Greencore
27-02-2016, 02:17 PM
I'm in row c, north stand.... Lol

Craig_in_Prague
27-02-2016, 02:54 PM
The way its going of late, the car park lol

Alfred E Newman
27-02-2016, 03:06 PM
In the hoose.

Keith_M
27-02-2016, 03:46 PM
Best place to sit at Hampden

Considering this week's scorelines, I'd say 'in the car park', might be a good answer.

Captain Trips
27-02-2016, 04:55 PM
Possibly sitting behind a pole if this keeps up.

Pete
27-02-2016, 05:00 PM
Don't be silly guys. Unlike the recent matches, this big game will be worthy of their attention.

Ardenttwo
27-02-2016, 06:46 PM
In area I2. South lower Row 88. Think it's up from corner flag

Denverhibby
27-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Jeezo, how can you say a cup means nothing? It's just as well the rest of the hibees travelling from all over the world don't feel the same.i for one can't wait to be there.
1.to hopefully see us win.
2.i can't imagine there's anything better than being amongst thousands of hibees singing sol. (Ive never been to a cup final)
3.i would love to be able to go to easter road every week, let alone Hampden for a major final.

Well said , am traveling 4500 miles just to see this cup final. There are fans traveling even further to see this. This will be my daughters first hibs game.

leggeto
27-02-2016, 08:15 PM
I wonder how many of the am no coming backers will be back for this one

thebausburst
27-02-2016, 08:33 PM
Agree that behind the goals is MURDER can't see a bloody thing in the other half of the pitch, as near to middle in either stand is the way to go defo :flag:

Hibernia&Alba
27-02-2016, 10:50 PM
I agree with all those who have said it isn't particularly great anywhere, due to the track and the stands not being steep enough, but the east is particularly bad. Poor stuff for the national stadium.

DH1875
27-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Where are the singing section gonna be?

Anyone?????

Well said , am traveling 4500 miles just to see this cup final. There are fans traveling even further to see this. This will be my daughters first hibs game.

Sorry to be a pain but I'd love to see/read about the story behind this. Always been my dream to move to America and would love to find out how you guys went about it. PM me please :greengrin:thumbsup::top marks

California-Hibs
28-02-2016, 02:54 AM
Find yourself an American girl.....half the battle right there!

Denverhibby
28-02-2016, 03:36 AM

That's the easiest way to do it 😃. The other half is spending a lot of time in the paper work.

DH1875
28-02-2016, 11:22 AM

That's the easiest way to do it . The other half is spending a lot of time in the paper work.

:greengrin:greengrin:aok:

Malthibby
28-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Each to their own.

It means everything to me. I'll be there kicking every ball, roaring the team on and going absolutely mental. If we win I'll be out all night and most of the next day and will be on cloud 9 for weeks. Lose and it will be full post mortem and being like a bear with a sore head for a long while.

The day I think of winning a major trophy as meaning nothinh will be a sad day for me because it will mean I've given up on Hibs.

:agree:. It's scarcity value. It would be braw to win a cup every second year & get to the stage where it was no big deal, but we have 3 in 40 years ffs.
We have been to Hampden pretty often recently & it's been mostly full of pain but there's just nothing like winning a cup there.
Even though I'll be in F4 & will only see half the game, & my grandson willl see even less, if we win he'll watch the replay & believe he
saw the lot. After a few beers, so will I.
I personally think Hampden's a lousy ground, but as long as Hibs are there, I don't care.
GG

hibee1875
28-02-2016, 03:09 PM
Anyone know how the sales are going? I thought we'd easily take 30,000 like vs killi but it doesn't look like it. No announcement from the club makes me think they're going slow

HibbyAndy
28-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Anyone know how the sales are going? I thought we'd easily take 30,000 like vs killi but it doesn't look like it. No announcement from the club makes me think they're going slow

It will sell out.

Hibernia&Alba
28-02-2016, 03:15 PM

It hasn't gone to general sale yet. There'll be thirty thousand Hibs fans there for sure.

hibee1875
28-02-2016, 03:16 PM
It will sell out.

Results dependant maybe?

Confident the team will turn it around this week but 2 loses would affect sales I reckon

lucky
28-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Results dependant maybe?

Confident the team will turn it around this week but 2 loses would affect sales I reckon

If losing the last two games is enough to stop people going to cup final then I'm glad they're not going as Hibs will need everyone supporting them 100%