PDA

View Full Version : Good for Dempster

Beefster
26-02-2016, 11:55 AM
It's about time we didn't let any old twat get away with spreading lies about our club.

From https://mobile.twitter.com/LeeannDempster/status/703198757496627201

Hibee_Craig7062
26-02-2016, 11:57 AM
Over to you councillor Ritchie. Haha! Well done Leeann and the club!

Pretty Boy
26-02-2016, 12:00 PM
I believe the phrase used to be 'clamped'.

kaimendhibs
26-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Superb

leggeto
Wonder what team he supports,wouldn't be the BIG team by any chance

Betty Boop
Are the food kiosk staff on the living wage ?

BroxburnHibee
26-02-2016, 12:02 PM
No surprise to hear of this kind of thing from an Edinburgh councillor.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 12:03 PM

I dunno, but are they employed by the club? I suppose the club could choose to only allow companies who pay the living wage at the kiosks.

SheriffLobo
26-02-2016, 12:05 PM
He's already updated his facebook and backtracked lol

Sir David Gray
I love Leeann Dempster.

Ozyhibby
Who elects that dick and what party does he stand for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marinello59
26-02-2016, 12:06 PM
Oh dear. Councillor Ritchie has some serious apologising to do.

1two
26-02-2016, 12:07 PM
I dunno, but are they employed by the club? I suppose the club could choose to only allow companies who pay the living wage at the kiosks.

The club wouldn't get the accreditation mentioned without their contractors paying living wage.

I doubt the caterers do get this but would be delighted to told they do.

Ozyhibby
Just looked it up. Leith Walk ward. SNP

Hibernian Verse
I believe the phrase used to be 'clamped'.

Today's phrase would be; "Roasted".

Or simply, "Get it right up you".

MagicSwirlingShip
26-02-2016, 12:10 PM
Belter. Bravo Leeann! Ritchie - Pipe it!

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 12:11 PM
Dear Councillor Ritchie,

Could you also start a petition demanding that all those left out of pocket by Heart of Midlothian FC when they entered administration are reimbursed in full?

Yours,

James Hunt

Brightside
26-02-2016, 12:12 PM
I hope the local press pick up on this.

Hibernian Verse
Dear Councillor Ritchie,

Could you also start a petition demanding that all those left out of pocket by Heart of Midlothian FC when they entered administration are reimbursed in full?

Yours,

James Hunt

If you would like to email him and wish him all the best for the future, as I'm sure we all do, you can do so here; http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/councillors/94/lewis_ritchie

Biggie
Pathetic eh ?.....well done Leeanne

Geo_1875
26-02-2016, 12:13 PM
The club wouldn't get the accreditation mentioned without their contractors paying living wage.

They may be in the middle of a contract. I'd hope the next one would meet minimum wage criteria.

Biggie
26-02-2016, 12:13 PM
Dear Councillor Ritchie,

Yours,

James Hunt

:not worth

AltheHibby
26-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Have to laugh at the poppy thieves wanting us to be ethical with our finances!

Craig_HFC
26-02-2016, 12:15 PM
He's already updated his facebook and backtracked lol

What's he said?

Brightside
26-02-2016, 12:19 PM
He looks like a Jambo.

hibs0666
26-02-2016, 12:20 PM
Dear Councillor Ritchie,

Ya prick.

Yours sincerely,

hibees 7062
26-02-2016, 12:21 PM
It's about time we didn't let any old twat get away with spreading lies about our club.

From https://mobile.twitter.com/LeeannDempster/status/703198757496627201

Hibs class

hibees 7062
26-02-2016, 12:22 PM
Dear Councillor Ritchie,

Yours,

James Hunt

:top marks

AndyM_1875
26-02-2016, 12:26 PM
I think that the lad from the SNP has just been well and truly TELT.

Waxy
26-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Well done Leeann.

et_hibby
26-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Well done Leeann.

x2

JAY-ESS GREEN
26-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Councillor Ritchie . I write to say how disappointed I am in the manner in which you have treated the above matter. I have seen the reply from Hibernian and what you have done suggests that you have an issue with Hibernian as it does not seem clear that you have pursued other companies with the same vigour.

I would also suggest that you contact your colleague on the Gorgie ward and enquire as to the local businesses and charities that were robbed of money due to Heart of Midlothian going into administration and why the club has been continually granted a safety certificate when the stadium is an asbestos ridden, fire hazard that in the view of former owners is not first for purpose ?

I can also assure you that the way to generate votes in the ward is not to have a go at an honest tax paying business such as Hibernian football club

.Sean.
26-02-2016, 12:51 PM
Serious question, who is he??

JAY-ESS GREEN
26-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Looks like a yam

brog
26-02-2016, 01:00 PM
What a clown. Starts an online petition re Hibs before he even emails Hibs! Self serving publicist whose tawdry trick has just blown up in his face. Well done LD, what a pleasure to have a focused, super smart CE who deals with issues before they become problems!

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Serious question, who is he??

A maroonic trumpet who isn't nearly as clever as he thinks he is.

LaMotta
26-02-2016, 01:08 PM
What's he said?

See his response here:

https://www.change.org/p/leanne-dempster-support-hibernian-paying-the-living-wage/u/15626000

NAE NOOKIE
26-02-2016, 01:10 PM
This is a double edged sword for Hibs.

The downside ....... Because we don't go about shouting from the rooftops about what a shining example to humanity we are like certain other clubs we lay ourselves open to ill researched and lazy accusations.

The upside ..... It provides ample opportunity for Yam sympathising roasters with an agenda to make utter fools of themselves in public.

Ye would think the Maroon Balloons had suffered enough at our hands in the last 10 days.

Nice one Leeann ........ # owned :lolyam:

easty
26-02-2016, 01:16 PM
That guy is an embarrassment.

Well done LD. :not worth

kaimendhibs
26-02-2016, 01:25 PM
Dear Ms Dempster
As a newly elected councillor, I take very seriously my role in campaigning on the issues that matter to people in Leith Walk. The living wage, and the Accredited Living Wage initiative is without doubt one such issue.
I was aware that the Poverty Alliance had ran a campaign calling on Scottish football clubs to becoming Accredited Living Wage employers. Given the huge status and importance football teams have within their local communities, the initiative sought to encourage football clubs to set the example for other employers in their area to follow.
At that time, Hibernian chose not to become accredited Living Wage employers. On speaking with the Poverty Alliance and confirming that remained the case, I launched a petition then wrote to you asking if you would reconsider your position.
My intention had been to create some level of public interest on the issue, so that my request to meet with me and representatives from the Accredited Living Wage initiative might have met with more success.
This approach has been criticised, with many suggesting that I should have waited for a response from the club before actively campaigning on the issue. As someone with nothing but respect for Hibernian and their supporters, I agree that this would have been a better approach.
While there was no intent to mislead anyone regarding this campaign, I do believe that I should have contacted you privately before making this issue public.
I therefore apologise unreservedly for any upset caused, wish the club well and hope that Hibernian will re-examine the issue of Living Wage accreditation in the near future.
Yours sincerely
Lewis Ritchie

kaimendhibs
26-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Job done Leeann☺

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Dear Ms Dempster
As a newly elected councillor, I take very seriously my role in campaigning on the issues that matter to people in Leith Walk. The living wage, and the Accredited Living Wage initiative is without doubt one such issue.
I was aware that the Poverty Alliance had ran a campaign calling on Scottish football clubs to becoming Accredited Living Wage employers. Given the huge status and importance football teams have within their local communities, the initiative sought to encourage football clubs to set the example for other employers in their area to follow.
At that time, Hibernian chose not to become accredited Living Wage employers. On speaking with the Poverty Alliance and confirming that remained the case, I launched a petition then wrote to you asking if you would reconsider your position.
My intention had been to create some level of public interest on the issue, so that my request to meet with me and representatives from the Accredited Living Wage initiative might have met with more success.
This approach has been criticised, with many suggesting that I should have waited for a response from the club before actively campaigning on the issue. As someone with nothing but respect for Hibernian and their supporters, I agree that this would have been a better approach.
While there was no intent to mislead anyone regarding this campaign, I do believe that I should have contacted you privately before making this issue public.
I therefore apologise unreservedly for any upset caused, wish the club well and hope that Hibernian will re-examine the issue of Living Wage accreditation in the near future.
Yours sincerely
Lewis Ritchie

Yours or his?

easty
26-02-2016, 01:28 PM
Dear Ms Dempster
Yours sincerely
Lewis Ritchie

No enough grovelling in there pal.

TrinityHibs
26-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Dear Ms Dempster
Yours sincerely
Lewis Ritchie

What about people who don't live IN Leith Walk? Stupid on so many levels

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 01:30 PM
Dear Ms Dempster
Yours sincerely
Lewis Ritchie

Is that right, Ritchie, aye?

kaimendhibs
26-02-2016, 01:32 PM
Yours or his?

I merely went on his fb page and asked if he had apologised to Hibernian and this was his response. By saying job done Leeann i meant she had shiwn him up. Is thst whst you are asking?

Torto7062
26-02-2016, 01:34 PM
Dear Ms Dempster
Yours sincerely
Lewis Ritchie[/QUOTE]

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160226/307a39a45e00954b93c69d2eaad091ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2016, 01:35 PM
I merely went on his fb page and asked if he had apologised to Hibernian and this was his response. By saying job done Leeann i meant she had shiwn him up. Is thst whst you are asking?

I was wondering if he had actually apologised, or if that was your draft for him to sign :greengrin

I posted on FB suggesting he apologise. If he has, then fine.

kaimendhibs
26-02-2016, 01:38 PM
I was wondering if he had actually apologised, or if that was your draft for him to sign :greengrin

I posted on FB suggesting he apologise. If he has, then fine.
☺☺

Geo_1875
26-02-2016, 01:59 PM
Maybe this will finally put to rest the puddle-drinkers argument that Hibs are not from Leith.

greenginger
26-02-2016, 02:02 PM
https://twitter.com/jamesdoleman?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eser p%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Its made the Jamesdoleman page.

Spike Mandela
26-02-2016, 02:18 PM
He has apologised and it seems it has been well intentioned if mishandled approach to Hibs. I am sure we can all back the idea of a living wage.

A valuable political lesson for the young man on not to spread misinformation about your local community's football club without checking your facts.

Well done to Leeann for having the savvy to fight our case on all fronts.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 02:23 PM
He has apologised and it seems it has been well intentioned if mishandled approach to Hibs. I am sure we can all back the idea of a living wage.

A valuable political lesson for the young man on not to spread misinformation about your local community's football club without checking your facts.

I certainly support the living wage everywhere, but 'well intentioned' on his part? I may be very cynical, but his conduct seems mischievous.

Geo_1875
26-02-2016, 02:30 PM

Just ignorance on his part. Accreditation is an expensive and time-consuming method of patting yourself on the back. My own employer is accredited in many fields but in most is a poor practitioner. I'm happy for Hibs to go on as they are, pay the living wage but don't waste time and money advertising it.

Spike Mandela
26-02-2016, 02:30 PM
I certainly support the living wage everywhere, but 'well intentioned' on his part? I may be very cynical, but his conduct seems mischievous.

I give him the benefit of the doubt on the basis that it would be foolish in the extreme for any elected official in Leith to try and get one over on Hibs without very good cause.

Ozyhibby
26-02-2016, 02:39 PM
I give him the benefit of the doubt on the basis that it would be foolish in the extreme for any elected official in Leith to try and get one over on Hibs without very good cause.

Nonsense, this was a deliberate attempt to embarrass Hibs. I'm a supporter of the SNP but this guy would not be getting my vote again. Lucky for him I don't live in Leith.

greenpaper55
26-02-2016, 02:44 PM
Good old SNP eh ?.

Beefster
26-02-2016, 02:51 PM
He has apologised and it seems it has been well intentioned if mishandled approach to Hibs.

It was a PR stunt to get his name known that backfired spectacularly. Well-intentioned would have been a campaign to get all local employers to pay the living wage. Targeting a corner shop that only employs three people doesn't get you the same exposure though.

H18S NX
26-02-2016, 02:52 PM
He is my councilor sorry WAS my councilor,never again.

Geo_1875
26-02-2016, 02:55 PM
He is my councilor sorry WAS my councilor,never again.

Who's the other one?

Danderhall Hibs
26-02-2016, 02:59 PM
How does it go? SNP bad?

s.a.m
26-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Trendsmap Edinburgh ‏@TrendsEdinburgh 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/TrendsEdinburgh/status/703223094333333504) City of Edinburgh, Scotland (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3A07c6f9ee9b9c9411) Cllr Lewis Ritchie, @lewisritchiesnp (https://twitter.com/lewisritchieSNP) is now trending in #Edinburgh (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Edinburgh?src=hash) http://trendsmap.com/gb/edinburgh (https://t.co/BJTZvt8tfC)
(https://twitter.com/TrendsEdinburgh/status/703223094333333504)
:greengrin

iwasthere1972
26-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Over to you councillor Ritchie. Haha! Well done Leeann and the club!

Well done.

Hibs Class.

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-02-2016, 03:14 PM
How to make a total James Blunt of yourself!

J-C
26-02-2016, 03:14 PM

If LD says all staff then I would presume they were.

southfieldhibby
26-02-2016, 03:15 PM
I asked him if he would tell folk what team he supported, in the spirit of transparency. He ignored my request. Anyone else like to see if they get a reply?

Berwickhibby
26-02-2016, 03:18 PM
Stupid Yam welt ..... Tried to enhance his profile and failed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 03:19 PM
I asked him if he would tell folk what team he supported, in the spirit of transparency. He ignored my request. Anyone else like to see if they get a reply?

Wait for his response telling you he's a Hibs man, typed in maroon font!

Smartie
26-02-2016, 03:21 PM
Political suicide.

Cockwomble picks a fight with most popular football club in his constituency without first getting his facts right.

I would say unbelievable, but we're talking about a politician here.

A guy I played football with at Uni was one of brightest lights in the Scottish Labour party about 10 years or so ago until he decided to call Alex Salmond a "see you next Tuesday" in a speech.

Career over before it had begun.

Bostonhibby
26-02-2016, 03:35 PM
People of Leith remember this twonks name come the next election

Thecat23
26-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Politicians are one of the worst breed of humans. They lie, they steel, they commit crimes while thinking they are untouchable.

**** the lot of them, SNP, Labour, Torrie's, I couldn't give a flying **** they are all the same after one goal. To get ahead in life and make their life better while stepping over anyone who gets in the way.

Rant over, hope this bellend losses his job 👋🏼

Smartie
26-02-2016, 03:43 PM
Politicians are one of the worst bread of humans. They lie, they steel, they commit crimes while thinking they are untouchable.

**** the lot of them, SNP, Labour, Torrie's, I couldn't give a flying **** they are all the same after one goal. To get ahead in life and make their life better while stepping over anyone who gets in the way.

Rant over, hope this bellend losses his job 

:applause:

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2016, 03:47 PM
His latest Tweet:-

I've just received a generous offer from @LeeannDempster to visit Hibs and learn about their social justice initiatives. What a day...

steakbake
26-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Political suicide.

Cockwomble picks a fight with most popular football club in his constituency without first getting his facts right.

I would say unbelievable, but we're talking about a politician here.

A guy I played football with at Uni was one of brightest lights in the Scottish Labour party about 10 years or so ago until he decided to call Alex Salmond a "see you next Tuesday" in a speech.

Career over before it had begun.

He'd get away with it now since everything turned nasty.

Jonnyboy
26-02-2016, 03:51 PM

I've just received a generous offer from @LeeannDempster to visit Hibs and learn about their social justice initiatives. What a day...

LD rubbing his nose in it ---- good

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 03:52 PM

And if I were on Twitter, he'd be getting another tweet tae :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
26-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Politicians are one of the worst bread of humans. They lie, they steel, they commit crimes while thinking they are untouchable.

You also just described HOMFC perfectly.

lucky
26-02-2016, 03:57 PM
I'm told that Kez Dugdale is holding a reception for Hibs at the Scottish Parliament after the cup final to celebrate the work Hibs do on social justice initiatives.

Thecat23
26-02-2016, 03:57 PM
You also just described HOMFC perfectly.

😁👍🏼

Spike Mandela
26-02-2016, 04:03 PM
A bit of perspective please. His fate will ultimately be decided at the ballot box, he's made an error but he is campaigning for the use of the living wage not the genocidal extermination of all Hibby's.

Leeann's dealing with this directly, resulting in an apology, a retraction and an invite to the councillor to visit her at ER to discuss various initiatives being carried out shows a bit of class and will foster good relations betwee Hibs and the local elected official who hopefully has learnt a valuable lesson.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Here lies the body of our MP
Who promised lots for you and me
But now he's gone we'll foot the bill
Although he's dead he's lying still

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 04:10 PM
A bit of perspective please. His fate will ultimately be decided at the ballot box, he's made an error but he is campaigning for the use of the living wage not the genocidal extermination of all Hibby's.

Leeann's dealing with this directly, resulting in an apology, a retraction and an invite to the councillor to visit her at ER to discuss various initiatives being carried out shows a bit of class and will foster good relations betwee Hibs and the local elected official who hopefully has learnt a valuable lesson.

Fair points made.

ancient hibee
26-02-2016, 04:10 PM

Does Edinburgh Council pay a living wage to all its employees?Perhaps he should start there?

lucky
26-02-2016, 04:11 PM

He deserves everything that's going he made an attempt to smear Hibs and was caught out. The fact LD has class and is excellent at defending our club has made him look like an opportunist fool. As many have said, where's the campaign to make Budge and Co repay the council tax they bumped the council he works for?

Oscar T Grouch
26-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Even if this was an attempted dig at Hibs, he failed miserably and most publicly. I think they way Hibs and Leeann have dealt with it to be pure class. I don't think this should cause any repercussions for this young councillor, the living wage is a good thing to push forward. Personally I would campaigned for a maximum wage but that's just the old socialist in me. He will have learnt a valuable lesson from this, as a council politician and as a perspective lawyer too. In the end Hibs have come out of it looking good.

hibbybob
26-02-2016, 04:15 PM

His actions were either underhand and seeking publicity to possibly further his own ambitions or perhaps they were well intentioned - but pretty stupid!

Either way, I wouldn't vote for him!

cabbageandribs1875
26-02-2016, 04:21 PM
See his response here:

https://www.change.org/p/leanne-dempster-support-hibernian-paying-the-living-wage/u/15626000

the first comment from Alexander jablonski echo's my thoughts

Purple & Green
26-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Just ignorance on his part. Accreditation is an expensive and time-consuming method of patting yourself on the back. My own employer is accredited in many fields but in most is a poor practitioner. I'm happy for Hibs to go on as they are, pay the living wage but don't waste time and money advertising it.

Having tried to gain accreditation for one of the many companies out there that not only pays the minimum wage but had done for a number of years - I can understand why Hibs wouldn't waste time and effort on this.

I couldn't get response to emails, phone calls and was told they were understaffed and behind on applications. And yet, some organisations were getting accredited seemingly weeks after raising wages.

Waxy
26-02-2016, 04:25 PM
Politicians are one of the worst breed of humans. They lie, they steel, they commit crimes while thinking they are untouchable.

Rant over, hope this bellend losses his job 👋🏼

Spot on.

goosano
26-02-2016, 04:27 PM
On his FB page he seems to profess allegiance to Raith Rovers

However I love this response to his half baked qualified apology

Now that this project of yours has went mammaries skyward Lewis, may I take this oppertunity to present you with another fine cause, can you start a petition to get the creditors of HMFC paid what their owed?....I just happen to have the list here, save you time and not wanting you to go in halfcocked again?

2 Sports Marketing Ltd £5,153
A1 Minibus & Coaches £100
ADT Fire£1,033
Ayr United FC£1,750
Arnold Clark Finance£6,764
Allan Dick£50
Alasdair Fraser£528
Ardue House Hotel£180
AllStar Business Solutions£100
Alexander Szaorari£9,100
AB Ukio Bankas£15,488,290
Baltic Clipper£497
Bank of Scotland (Merchant Services)£100
Bank of Scotland (Equipment Finance)£970
Beswicks Sports Ltd£3,000
BOC Gases£490
British Red Cross£76
BT£3,024
British Gas£580
BIG Hearts Community Trust£589
Bruce Rae Property Management£34,048
Business Line UAB£204,143
Cable & Wireless£2,198
James Calcer£1,411
Cameron Presentations£5,406
Campbell Medical Supplies£100
Janette Campbell£100
Cardiac Services£152
Charlie Irons Coaches£100
Chamic£100
Childcare Vouchers£100
B Ciocco£11,469
Citroen£5,232
Clearwater Technology£5,156
Clouds£6,870
Coerver Coaching Scotland£949
Concept Group£841
Copymade Ltd£100
Corona Energy Retail£29,729
The Insolvency Service£0
DJ Alexander£6,323
David Cameron£110
Miss Amal Daher£120
Dataserve UK£160
DC Lighting Services£652
DJB Fire & Safety Training£48
Outfield Harrison£1,816
Daisy Communications£1,474
Ensco 165 £509,464
Eamonn Collins£5,000
Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce£674
Elite Medicale£222
Ermington Associates£100
Egkijius Valiauga£863
Fife Imaging Associates£903
Fountain Court Apartments£100
Football Safety Officers£230
GF Capital Solutions£337
John Gibson£2,520
Glenham Property£100
Graeme Rankin Sports Mgmt.£12,000
Green Star Media£77
Greentech Sportsturf£1,056
G4S£12,057
GroupCall Ltd.£210
HM Revenue - VAT£0
HM Revenue£1,881,068
Hamilton & Brydie£144
Hectic Life£52
HBJ Gateley Wareing£100
Herriot Watt£145,655
Highlander Kilt Hire£430
Hitachi Capital£7
Holiday Inn Aberdeen£58
Homespring Ltd£499
Sven Housten£40
HoMFC Shareholder Association£5,030
Impact Signs£6,499
InterLax£234
Interface En£100
James Armstrong & Co£1,520
Johnston Carmichael£100
Jane Lofthouse Johnson£410
James Sandison£680
J Thomson Colour Printers£100
Kauno Futbolo£13,431
Key Sports Management£23,049
Korelita£52,610
KPMG Hungary£1,190
Lady Haigs Poppy Fund£185
Lietuvos Rytas£37
Livingston FC£282
Liverpool FC£46,625
Llyods TSB£17,165
Lex Autolease£1,159
Lochgreen Hotel£510
Lyco Direct Ltd.£1,822
Milson Capital Corp£1,223,989
Ian Maclennan£335
McCraes Battalion Trust£100
Dr Carrie McCrea£760
Tony McGill£19,625
Dr Scott McKie£700
McRae of Gorgie£560
Meridan Hospital£790
Dr Andrew Murray£250
Musselburgh Athletic FC£5,790
Michael Page International£100
NHS Lothian£75
NHS Fife £739
North Lanarkshire Council£100
Northgate Vechile Hire£100
Nuffield Health£4,645
OG Lawfirm£5,000
Orange£5,896
PHS Group£1,110
Pulsant Scotland£240
Paton Plant Ltd£3,290
Pendrich Height Services£6,552
Performing Right Society£13,995
Pitch International£4,746
PPL Sport & Leisure£1,325
PPL£4,133
Premier Sports£4,836
ProKit£100
ProAmica£34,899
Professor Ernest Schiders£2,410
Rapide Communication£176
Respublikos Investicija£62
Runos Vertimal£43
RWN Orthopaedics£100
Ryden Lettings£100
Rigby Taylor Ltd.£1,564
Robert Graeme Wilson£150
Spie Matthew£2,436
Spire Healthcare£3,118
Scottish Water£100
Steve Hutchison£3,430
Scottish Police Authority£18,585
Savills£20,602
Scottish Ambulance Services£2,454
Scomac Catering Equip.£100
Scottish Power (Stadium)£9,544
Scottish Power (Ticket Office)£5,467
Scottish Power (Admin Block)£1,254
Scottish Gas Business£347
Scrubbers Laundry£162
SDMS£411
Securevent Security£12,309
SFA£5,011
Shanks Waste Mgmt.£1,211
Scottish Hydro Electric£139
Jordan Shearer£90
Shred-it£457
Sky Business£100
Slaters£100
SNS Group£1,281
Spectator Seating£13,005
Speedy Power£100
Sportsmasters£1,648
Sporting ID£100
Sports Medicine Uraea AB£2,700
SRM Hearts£19,853
Scottish Power£100
St Andrews First Aid£364
Stenhousemuir FC£12,900
Stellar Football Ltd£5,750
Streamline Print Mgmt.£418
Superturas£26,636
Scottish Youth Football Assoc.£1,700
T.G Baker Sound£2,656
ThyssenKnapp Elevator£3,378
City of Edinburgh Council£90,715
City of Edinburgh Council (for flats)£2,631
The Edinburgh Clinic£557
Newspaper Licensing Agency£1,428
Talk Talk£5,548
The Rangers FC£1,410
Ticketmaster£33,112
TNT UK£8
TNT Post£56
Trichem£1,380
Technology Services Group£1,967
Turnstile Systems£810
UAB litcargus£1,166
UK Football Academy£228
Unum£2,300
UAB Ukio£8,151,497
Veecom Systems£3,525
Viola£290
Vodafone Connect£343
Wallace Brown/Langstane£956
Weatherseal£42
Western Saab£500
Dr David Whitaker£500
Scott Wilson£1,000
Yorkshire Clinic£2,562

bruno
26-02-2016, 04:28 PM
Having tried to gain accreditation for one of the many companies out there that not only pays the minimum wage but had done for a number of years - I can understand why Hibs wouldn't waste time and effort on this.

I couldn't get response to emails, phone calls and was told they were understaffed and behind on applications. And yet, some organisations were getting accredited seemingly weeks after raising wages.

Why were you looking for accreditation for paying the minimum wage
Is this not a legal requirement?

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 04:28 PM

Councillors aren't paid. They give up their time to try to improve the communities in which they live. It's a thankless task which benefits us all.

liamh2202
26-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Councillors aren't paid. They give up their time to try to improve the communities in which they live. It's a thankless task which benefits us all.

They dont get a salary but are they not the same as mps and gwt an allowance that in the end equates to a pretty penny?

BroxburnHibee
26-02-2016, 04:35 PM
They dont get a salary but are they not the same as mps and gwt an allowance that in the end equates to a pretty penny?

And expenses.......

And brown envelopes....allegedly :greengrin

iwasthere1972
26-02-2016, 04:36 PM

Are you sure about that? I worked for Midlothian Council and I can assure you that they received a salary. Not one that you could have a Ferrari parked in the driveway but nonetheless a salary. I'm sure that you can check this under the Freedom of Information Act.

hibsbollah
26-02-2016, 04:37 PM
Hibs Class :aok:

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 04:39 PM
Are you sure about that? I worked for Midlothian Council and I can assure you that that received a salary. Not one that you could have a Ferrari parked in the driveway but nonetheless a salary

Were you an elected councillor or a council employee? Councillors aren't paid a salary.

hibs0666
26-02-2016, 04:40 PM

Councillors in Edinburgh are paid between £16,726 and £50,180.

Viva_Palmeiras
26-02-2016, 04:41 PM
On his FB page he seems to profess allegiance to Raith Rovers

However I love this response to his half baked qualified apology

Now that this project of yours has went mammaries skyward Lewis, may I take this oppertunity to present you with another fine cause, can you start a petition to get the creditors of HMFC paid what their owed?....I just happen to have the list here, save you time and not wanting you to go in halfcocked again?

2 Sports Marketing Ltd £5,153
A1 Minibus & Coaches £100
ADT Fire£1,033
Ayr United FC£1,750
Arnold Clark Finance£6,764
Allan Dick£50
Alasdair Fraser£528
Ardue House Hotel£180
AllStar Business Solutions£100
Alexander Szaorari£9,100
AB Ukio Bankas£15,488,290
Baltic Clipper£497
Bank of Scotland (Merchant Services)£100
Bank of Scotland (Equipment Finance)£970
Beswicks Sports Ltd£3,000
BOC Gases£490
British Red Cross£76
BT£3,024
British Gas£580
BIG Hearts Community Trust£589
Bruce Rae Property Management£34,048
Business Line UAB£204,143
Cable & Wireless£2,198
James Calcer£1,411
Cameron Presentations£5,406
Campbell Medical Supplies£100
Janette Campbell£100
Cardiac Services£152
Charlie Irons Coaches£100
Chamic£100
Childcare Vouchers£100
B Ciocco£11,469
Citroen£5,232
Clearwater Technology£5,156
Clouds£6,870
Coerver Coaching Scotland£949
Concept Group£841
Copymade Ltd£100
Corona Energy Retail£29,729
The Insolvency Service£0
DJ Alexander£6,323
David Cameron£110
Miss Amal Daher£120
Dataserve UK£160
DC Lighting Services£652
DJB Fire & Safety Training£48
Outfield Harrison£1,816
Daisy Communications£1,474
Ensco 165 £509,464
Eamonn Collins£5,000
Edinburgh Chamber of Commerce£674
Elite Medicale£222
Ermington Associates£100
Egkijius Valiauga£863
Fife Imaging Associates£903
Fountain Court Apartments£100
Football Safety Officers£230
GF Capital Solutions£337
John Gibson£2,520
Glenham Property£100
Graeme Rankin Sports Mgmt.£12,000
Green Star Media£77
Greentech Sportsturf£1,056
G4S£12,057
GroupCall Ltd.£210
HM Revenue - VAT£0
HM Revenue£1,881,068
Hamilton & Brydie£144
Hectic Life£52
HBJ Gateley Wareing£100
Herriot Watt£145,655
Highlander Kilt Hire£430
Hitachi Capital£7
Holiday Inn Aberdeen£58
Homespring Ltd£499
Sven Housten£40
HoMFC Shareholder Association£5,030
Impact Signs£6,499
InterLax£234
Interface En£100
James Armstrong & Co£1,520
Johnston Carmichael£100
Jane Lofthouse Johnson£410
James Sandison£680
J Thomson Colour Printers£100
Kauno Futbolo£13,431
Key Sports Management£23,049
Korelita£52,610
KPMG Hungary£1,190
Lady Haigs Poppy Fund£185
Lietuvos Rytas£37
Livingston FC£282
Liverpool FC£46,625
Llyods TSB£17,165
Lex Autolease£1,159
Lochgreen Hotel£510
Lyco Direct Ltd.£1,822
Milson Capital Corp£1,223,989
Ian Maclennan£335
McCraes Battalion Trust£100
Dr Carrie McCrea£760
Tony McGill£19,625
Dr Scott McKie£700
McRae of Gorgie£560
Meridan Hospital£790
Dr Andrew Murray£250
Musselburgh Athletic FC£5,790
Michael Page International£100
NHS Lothian£75
NHS Fife £739
North Lanarkshire Council£100
Northgate Vechile Hire£100
Nuffield Health£4,645
OG Lawfirm£5,000
Orange£5,896
PHS Group£1,110
Pulsant Scotland£240
Paton Plant Ltd£3,290
Pendrich Height Services£6,552
Performing Right Society£13,995
Pitch International£4,746
PPL Sport & Leisure£1,325
PPL£4,133
Premier Sports£4,836
ProKit£100
ProAmica£34,899
Professor Ernest Schiders£2,410
Rapide Communication£176
Respublikos Investicija£62
Runos Vertimal£43
RWN Orthopaedics£100
Ryden Lettings£100
Rigby Taylor Ltd.£1,564
Robert Graeme Wilson£150
Spie Matthew£2,436
Spire Healthcare£3,118
Scottish Water£100
Steve Hutchison£3,430
Scottish Police Authority£18,585
Savills£20,602
Scottish Ambulance Services£2,454
Scomac Catering Equip.£100
Scottish Power (Stadium)£9,544
Scottish Power (Ticket Office)£5,467
Scottish Power (Admin Block)£1,254
Scottish Gas Business£347
Scrubbers Laundry£162
SDMS£411
Securevent Security£12,309
SFA£5,011
Shanks Waste Mgmt.£1,211
Scottish Hydro Electric£139
Jordan Shearer£90
Shred-it£457
Sky Business£100
Slaters£100
SNS Group£1,281
Spectator Seating£13,005
Speedy Power£100
Sportsmasters£1,648
Sporting ID£100
Sports Medicine Uraea AB£2,700
SRM Hearts£19,853
Scottish Power£100
St Andrews First Aid£364
Stenhousemuir FC£12,900
Stellar Football Ltd£5,750
Streamline Print Mgmt.£418
Superturas£26,636
Scottish Youth Football Assoc.£1,700
T.G Baker Sound£2,656
ThyssenKnapp Elevator£3,378
City of Edinburgh Council£90,715
City of Edinburgh Council (for flats)£2,631
The Edinburgh Clinic£557
Newspaper Licensing Agency£1,428
Talk Talk£5,548
The Rangers FC£1,410
Ticketmaster£33,112
TNT UK£8
TNT Post£56
Trichem£1,380
Technology Services Group£1,967
Turnstile Systems£810
UAB litcargus£1,166
UK Football Academy£228
Unum£2,300
UAB Ukio£8,151,497
Veecom Systems£3,525
Viola£290
Vodafone Connect£343
Wallace Brown/Langstane£956
Weatherseal£42
Western Saab£500
Dr David Whitaker£500
Scott Wilson£1,000
Yorkshire Clinic£2,562

Shred-it£457 Lol

RoYO!
26-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Slammed!!

Bostonhibby
26-02-2016, 04:47 PM
He deserves everything that's going he made an attempt to smear Hibs and was caught out. The fact LD has class and is excellent at defending our club has made him look like an opportunist fool. As many have said, where's the campaign to make Budge and Co repay the council tax they bumped the council he works for?
Agree. The timing does rather suggest that. Yammish behaviour

Northernhibee
26-02-2016, 04:47 PM
Well done Leeann for standing up to the typical inaccurate SNP grievance politics.

lord bunberry
26-02-2016, 04:50 PM
It was a PR stunt to get his name known that backfired spectacularly. Well-intentioned would have been a campaign to get all local employers to pay the living wage. Targeting a corner shop that only employs three people doesn't get you the same exposure though.
100% correct, typical local politician trying to make a name for himself.

iwasthere1972
26-02-2016, 04:51 PM
Were you an elected councillor or a council employee? Councillors aren't paid a salary.

Did payroll and I can assure you that they do get paid a salary.

ancient hibee
26-02-2016, 04:52 PM

I'm afraid you're mistaken.Not only do they have the same basic allowances some also get responsibility payments according to committee membership and convenorships.So they should it's a thankless job.

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 04:54 PM
Councillors in Edinburgh are paid between £16,726 and £50,180.

I didn't even know that! I'm running :greengrin

Thecat23
26-02-2016, 04:56 PM

I'm sure they do!

AlbertK86
26-02-2016, 04:59 PM

Think you may be giving elected members to much credit... Not all of them are very clever !

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 05:07 PM
Your GREEN candidate for Leith:

Maroon is banned from all public places
Anyone suspected of maroon tendencies (anyone called Billy or Donald) is to be ethnically cleansed and deported to the west of the city.

*small print - not bothering to attend for less than 40K plus any expenses I see fit i.e. helicopter to Hibs games.

Thecat23
26-02-2016, 05:09 PM

I'm sorry Spike but this is a man who's seen an opportunity to put himself out there by outing Hibs for something we have actually been doing for a while.

He's done this to try make himself look good as all politicians do. Ive get to meet one that isn't interested in themselves. It's backfired because he's a complete idiot who anyone in that position should be checking FACTS, along with asking the club first.

Anyone who wants to vote for this idiot must be as deft as he is. Who in their right mind works this way?

Sorry but for me I don't give a **** about him and I'm glad he's getting it in the neck.

goosano
26-02-2016, 05:17 PM
Councillors pay (http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20031/councillors_and_committees/489/councillors_pay_allowances_and_expenses)

Hibernia&Alba
26-02-2016, 05:22 PM
Councillors pay (http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20031/councillors_and_committees/489/councillors_pay_allowances_and_expenses)

Vote H&A, your Leith radge candidate :greengrin

Thecat23
26-02-2016, 05:25 PM
Vote H&A, your Leith radge candidate :greengrin

😂

GreenArmyyy!
26-02-2016, 05:28 PM

They aren't employed by the club so we have no say over the wages paid.

Aldo
26-02-2016, 05:31 PM
This has Yam led written all over it.

However without the 'HARD FACTS' said Councillor is having to eat a very large piece of humble pie.

Get it right roond yeah!

Well done Leanne!

wookie70
26-02-2016, 05:41 PM
Councillors are paid (http://www.edinburgh.gov.uk/info/20031/councillors_and_committees/489/councillors_pay_allowances_and_expenses). It isn't the best of remunerations for the hassle but it is a reasonable wedge. Surprisingly, the councillor in question is on the Governance, Risk and Best Value Committee. Not sure any of these topics are suitable for him to speak up on the good people of Leith Walk

GreenLake
26-02-2016, 05:44 PM
He must have schemed that one up while having scones and coffee with his group of busy bodies and curtain twitchers. Leeann just ripped him a new one.

A amusing start to the day. :greengrin

Eaststand
26-02-2016, 05:45 PM

Councillors didn't get a salary from their Councils until around 5 years ago,
It was expenses only to cover their costs, from then on though, they definitely do get a salary.

GGTTH

Eaststand
26-02-2016, 05:55 PM
Did payroll and I can assure you that they do get paid a salary.

Midlothian Council, I once graced their patch too - Did you work beside a jambo payroll manager called Ally

GGTTH

Purple & Green
26-02-2016, 05:58 PM
Why were you looking for accreditation for paying the minimum wage
Is this not a legal requirement?

It's a typo that should have read living wage.

Purple & Green
26-02-2016, 06:02 PM
They aren't employed by the club so we have no say over the wages paid.

http://scottishlivingwage.org/accreditation/how_do_you_become_accredited_as_a_living_wage_empl oyer but they should be to get accreditation.

givescotlandfreedom
26-02-2016, 06:03 PM
Well done LD. The fud has been telt.

overdrive
26-02-2016, 06:17 PM

Yes they are. They are paid a pensionable salary the amount of which varies depending on the size of authority and whether they are the leader, civic head, senior councillor, a normal one, etc.

I don't think they get paid in England however.

emerald green
26-02-2016, 06:26 PM
Well done Ms Dempster. That's one clown put firmly in his place. If only that happened more often to quite a few more of them.

Golden Bear
26-02-2016, 06:29 PM
OF course Councillors are paid. Some are more deserving than others and this particular cretin has obviously failed to do his background work and deserves all the flak which will come his way. Hopefully his constitutents will remember this at the time of the forthcoming elections.

Bayern Bru
26-02-2016, 06:46 PM
He was only elected in September 2015.

Just comes across like trying to make a name for himself.

Oops.

Dashing Bob S
26-02-2016, 06:48 PM
He either made a legitimate mistake due to his committed zeal to shame low wage employers (legitimate) or he tried a snide Yam fud shot at Hibs (not legit) or, even worse, he tried to use the first factor to set up a cheap point with the second. (Even worse - pretty low and callow.)

Whatever his motivations, he's made a total Jeremy Hunt of himself and was owned by LD.

I'm tempted to be generous and put it down to zeal. It's going to do his chances of reelection in Leith no good abusing the club in that way, especially as it was groundless. If he doesn't have the savvy to see that, he shouldn't be in politics.

Jonnyboy
26-02-2016, 06:49 PM
I'm wagering that after he's met LD, he'll claim he shamed her into the meeting. Councillor's - it's what they do

WoreTheGreen
26-02-2016, 06:58 PM
I'm wagering that after he's met LD, he'll claim he shamed her into the meeting. Councillor's - it's what they do

As once was said "poloticians don't vote for them it just encoragements them"

CockneyRebel
26-02-2016, 07:02 PM

Probably the most accurate post ever to grace this forum!

jabis
26-02-2016, 07:08 PM
I'd vote for monkey wearing an SNP badge............seems like I did !

Still I'd say he did it out of more good than bad.

Living wage for everyone.

Joe6-2
26-02-2016, 07:09 PM
Well done Leeann.

This!

Gatecrasher
26-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Sure companies paying the living wage is a good thing but I hate the pressure that's being put on companies to pay this. There are loads of positions that might not merit the additional pay that the living wage gives. The staff at the food kiosks are a perfect example of this, it's not a career or a full time job, the only people I've known to do that are just looking for an extra £40 or £50 for a night out.

im glad LD got it right up this trumpet, starting a petition ffs. Get over yersel.

Hibs07p
26-02-2016, 07:14 PM
http://scottishlivingwage.org/accreditation/how_do_you_become_accredited_as_a_living_wage_empl oyer but they should be to get accreditation.

I don't see Edinburgh Council on that list! Maybe the SNP councillors should be asking questions of their employers before trying to start petitions against well run Edinburgh businesses that have paid all their bills.

GGTTH

lyonhibs
26-02-2016, 07:32 PM
All employees working for Hibs should get the living wage, whether contacted or not.

This guy's still a roaster obviously.

Golden Bear
26-02-2016, 07:57 PM

And that says it all about the present poiitical scene in Scotland . Let's have more substance and less labels please.!

ronaldo7
26-02-2016, 07:58 PM
What a dick. First rule of thumb, check yer facts ya trumpet. He must have missed a few lessons.

It will be nice to see if he comes out with anything nice to say about us after his visit.

Betty Boop
26-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Does Edinburgh Council pay a living wage to all its employees?Perhaps he should start there?
The Council pays the living wage.

vuefrom1875
26-02-2016, 08:16 PM
And the exact figure is £90,715.40....chase that down councillor!

Bostonhibby
26-02-2016, 08:27 PM
What troubles me in all of this is why pick Hibs? Especially without checking your facts, and more bizarrely why write to the club after he'd already gone public?

Obviously a roaster and probably worthy of the title of yam roaster even if he isn't of the pink persuasion.

renato
26-02-2016, 09:35 PM
It's clearly a welcome approach that some football clubs have chosen to adopt this. It's interesting contrasting our action to the approach that Hearts took to "taking the action" itself and gaining accreditation, with the subsequent good will and wide publicity the club gained at that time. This was their club statement, which led to a series of articles on the bbc and other media outlets:

"Heart of Midlothian Football Club has become the first football club in Scotland to become an officially accredited Living Wage employer.

The move will see all staff employed at the club paid the Living Wage. The Living Wage was uprated to £7.85 per hour in November, £1.35 per hour more than the National Minimum Wage.

In Scotland, there are approximately 414,000 people currently paid below the Living Wage.

The Scottish Living Wage Accreditation Initiative has been operating in Scotland since April 2014 and provides support and advice to organisations that wish to pay the living wage. More than 70 employers in Scotland are now accredited as paying the living wage.

Peter Kelly, Director of the Poverty Alliance who deliver the Accreditation Initiative, said today: “Congratulations to Heart of Midlothian on becoming Scotland’s first Living Wage accredited football club.

“We are delighted that Heart of Midlothian will pay all staff who work at the club the Living Wage, and that they have opted to have their commitment to the Living Wage recognised through the accreditation mark. This is an important step forward for the campaign to end poverty pay in Scotland.

“Almost two in three children in poverty in Scotland live in a household where someone works, and the Living Wage is a vital tool in lifting people out of in work poverty.

“Football clubs have an important role in communities across Scotland. With thousands of people turning out every week to support their local clubs, they can play an important leadership role, not only for fans but for the businesses they work with. I hope that more clubs will follow Heart of Midlothian’s example but not only giving their staff a pay rise this Christmas, but by showing real leadership on this issue on and off the pitch.”

A Heart of Midlothian spokesperson said: "Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to be given accreditation to become a Living Wage Employer.

"The club feels that implementing the Living Wage is entirely in keeping with the values that we hold dear as Edinburgh's oldest football club.

"Since revealing our intention to implement the Living Wage the club has received widespread backing from both our supporters and sponsors."

When you contrast that with our club's approach, which was to pay a minimum of the living wage at the same time as Hearts but 1) not to gain the accreditation with the initiative, given we didn't see it as a priority as the action taken is the key point and 2) not to publicise it, it's probably not a surprise that we're open to "attack" from opportunist politicians and public figures (per Brog's post earlier in this thread).

This isn't necessarily a pop at HMFC's approach here (although the statement at the end re values and being edinburgh's oldest club are 1) a bit crass given the previous regime and their legacy and 2) the age of their club has no relevance in this context other than a seemingly odd "point score" exercise over us docksiders, again) but I'm just contrasting it with our much lower key, understated but equally positive approach.

Well done Ms Dempster for getting the self publicist telt, it's great seeing the club stick up for itself these days.

iwasthere1972
26-02-2016, 09:45 PM
Midlothian Council, I once graced their patch too - Did you work beside a jambo payroll manager called Ally

GGTTH

Just before my time but I do remember him as I worked in another department at the time.

Scouse Hibee
26-02-2016, 09:45 PM
As the saying goes she ripped him up for erse paper.

fishybeaver
26-02-2016, 10:07 PM
[QUOTE=J-C;4599642]If LD says all staff then I would presume they were.[/QUOTE
They get £30 a game which works out at around
£9 p/h which isn't bad for a 16 year old
They struggle for staff so use agency folk which are normally forgien they get £24 per game. All done via centre plate who has the kiosk contract at ER
My daughter says it's easy money unless your in the away end when the huns visit.

Scott Allan Key
26-02-2016, 10:21 PM

Put him n the stocks?

Hi Heid Yin
26-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Leeanne Dempster has been a breath of fresh air for our club, right from the start.

Geo_1875
27-02-2016, 05:52 AM
It's clearly a welcome approach that some football clubs have chosen to adopt this. It's interesting contrasting our action to the approach that Hearts took to "taking the action" itself and gaining accreditation, with the subsequent good will and wide publicity the club gained at that time. This was their club statement, which led to a series of articles on the bbc and other media outlets:

"Heart of Midlothian Football Club has become the first football club in Scotland to become an officially accredited Living Wage employer.

The move will see all staff employed at the club paid the Living Wage. The Living Wage was uprated to £7.85 per hour in November, £1.35 per hour more than the National Minimum Wage.

In Scotland, there are approximately 414,000 people currently paid below the Living Wage.

The Scottish Living Wage Accreditation Initiative has been operating in Scotland since April 2014 and provides support and advice to organisations that wish to pay the living wage. More than 70 employers in Scotland are now accredited as paying the living wage.

Peter Kelly, Director of the Poverty Alliance who deliver the Accreditation Initiative, said today: “Congratulations to Heart of Midlothian on becoming Scotland’s first Living Wage accredited football club.

“We are delighted that Heart of Midlothian will pay all staff who work at the club the Living Wage, and that they have opted to have their commitment to the Living Wage recognised through the accreditation mark. This is an important step forward for the campaign to end poverty pay in Scotland.

“Almost two in three children in poverty in Scotland live in a household where someone works, and the Living Wage is a vital tool in lifting people out of in work poverty.

“Football clubs have an important role in communities across Scotland. With thousands of people turning out every week to support their local clubs, they can play an important leadership role, not only for fans but for the businesses they work with. I hope that more clubs will follow Heart of Midlothian’s example but not only giving their staff a pay rise this Christmas, but by showing real leadership on this issue on and off the pitch.”

A Heart of Midlothian spokesperson said: "Heart of Midlothian Football Club is delighted to be given accreditation to become a Living Wage Employer.

"The club feels that implementing the Living Wage is entirely in keeping with the values that we hold dear as Edinburgh's oldest football club.

"Since revealing our intention to implement the Living Wage the club has received widespread backing from both our supporters and sponsors."

When you contrast that with our club's approach, which was to pay a minimum of the living wage at the same time as Hearts but 1) not to gain the accreditation with the initiative, given we didn't see it as a priority as the action taken is the key point and 2) not to publicise it, it's probably not a surprise that we're open to "attack" from opportunist politicians and public figures (per Brog's post earlier in this thread).

This isn't necessarily a pop at HMFC's approach here (although the statement at the end re values and being edinburgh's oldest club are 1) a bit crass given the previous regime and their legacy and 2) the age of their club has no relevance in this context other than a seemingly odd "point score" exercise over us docksiders, again) but I'm just contrasting it with our much lower key, understated but equally positive approach.

Well done Ms Dempster for getting the self publicist telt, it's great seeing the club stick up for itself these days.

Would be interesting to know if they still have the same number of staff employed now that they are paying the living wage. Numerous employers increased their hourly rate but let a body or two go so their salary costs stayed the same.

hibbydog
27-02-2016, 06:08 AM
Hibs class

Dom'sFirstTouch
27-02-2016, 07:37 AM
I thoroughly enjoy the competent, organised and dignified way Leeann conducts her (and Hibs') business. Long may she be at the helm.

southsider
27-02-2016, 08:12 AM
I hope the local press pick up on this.
Front page of today's "Evening" News. Paper is printed in Glasgow at 4am

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-02-2016, 08:17 AM
LD is the best thing to happen to our club in a very, very long time. I have 100% confidence and belief in her!

AndyM_1875
27-02-2016, 08:22 AM

You certainly did vote for a monkey and one who has little appreciation of what Hibernian fc means to the community he represents which to me suggests he's not actually a local man.
Even with a big SNP onslaught in the last 2 Scottish elections a local respected man (& good Hibby) like Malcolm Chisholm gets re-elected. Why? Understanding of the community and it's values for starters and a desire to make life better for the area.

This Councillor has hopefully signed his electoral suicide note.

whiskyhibby
27-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Excellent, hopefully the councillor will get his comeuppance at the next set of elections, sounds like a typical uninformed roaster

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

27-02-2016, 01:29 PM
LD is the best thing to happen to our club in a very, very long time. I have 100% confidence and belief in her!

I totally agree. I cannot praise/thank her highly enough for what she has done with this club.

portycabbage
27-02-2016, 01:37 PM

I'm related to a local councillor, and that is the total opposite of the truth in their case. Totally committed to helping folk, and works at least 50 hrs a week for under 17k per year (some councillors don't do as much hours admittedly). I feel that way about a lot of politicians, but there's good and bad in every walk of life.

Famous Fiver
27-02-2016, 02:48 PM
All this positive talk of Ms Dempster.

Is she a goalie in her spare time, by any chance?

lucky
27-02-2016, 02:56 PM
I'm a Labour man through and through but come on we cant vote for our elected representatives based on football teams. This guy deserves to be removed based on his performance as a councilor not cos he's anti Hibs

danhibees1875
27-02-2016, 04:30 PM

I'd be very surprised if g4s earn a living wage rather than a minimum wage- and they're contracted by hibs and hearts. So surely would effect both equally.

Is there an age restriction on living wage? Most kiosk staff look under 18 - definitely under 21.