PDA

View Full Version : McGinn's goal on Wednesday

Libby Hibby
26-02-2016, 05:06 AM
Anyone know the real reason this was ruled out as the ball didn't look out of play from where I was sitting and this was backed up by the BBC Highlights.

Might not of changed the outcome but it was certainly at a time when we were well on top.

FromTheCapital
26-02-2016, 05:07 AM
Offside apparently :dunno:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWHIBBIES
26-02-2016, 05:09 AM
Goal kick was given. Absolute joke of a decision and not the last one he made.

adhibs
26-02-2016, 06:20 AM
Anyone know the real reason this was ruled out as the ball didn't look out of play from where I was sitting and this was backed up by the BBC Highlights.

Might not of changed the outcome but it was certainly at a time when we were well on top.

100% wouldve changed the outcome if we had went ahead.

linlithgowhibbie
26-02-2016, 06:54 AM
100% wouldve changed the outcome if we had went ahead.I alaso had a good position to see the ball, it was on the byeline and the linesman indicated it was out for a bye, flag went up as he cut it back. Definate goal, except it wasn't given!!!!

KeithTheHibby
26-02-2016, 07:10 AM
Linesman defo flagged and Cummings looked like he may have been in an offside position.

Salisbury Hibby
26-02-2016, 07:16 AM
You can't be offside if the ball's cut back from the bye line.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

AndyB_70
26-02-2016, 07:23 AM
At the time Cummings didn't complain about it so I assumed it must have went out.

Brooster
26-02-2016, 07:24 AM
Ball was clearly over the line.

California-Hibs
26-02-2016, 07:30 AM
100% wouldve changed the outcome if we had went ahead.

Well there's a stupid comment.

calumhibee1
26-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Well there's a stupid comment.

Why? I'm of the same opinion. Are you saying we would have still lost the game had we went ahead? We were well on top at that point, a goal was the least some of our play deserved and we would have gone on to win comfortably IMO. Same with the penalty which (i think) was at 1-0. If we had of scored that, they were down to 10 men and we would have had 35 mins or so to get a winner, which again IMO we would have got. I know it's the done thing to say "the ref was poor but he didn't lose us the game as we were also so poor" but he did. A good goal chopped off, a stone wall pen/red card not given, and about 3 or 4 blatant fouls all missed in the build up to there second. Until we went 2-0 down we still looked more than capable of winning the game and all these blatantly clear incidents happened before that point.

EHZERO7
26-02-2016, 07:50 AM
At the time Cummings didn't complain about it so I assumed it must have went out.

Jason Cummings certainly complained at the time and a bit after at the linesman.

Was never out in my opinion and Jason had played the ball by the time lineo got to the bye line

AndyB_70
26-02-2016, 07:58 AM
Having now watched the TV is looks like he has given offside for the Henderson to Cumming pass. Looked Ok from what was shown on the TV. Looked level to me.

ACLeith
26-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Wasn't going to watch the highlights but the discussion here prompted me to have a look. Sadly, I think the lino got it right :boo hoo:

JC was just offside when Stokes tries a shot in the build-up, then when he collects the ball from Henderson, the flag goes up as he is then interfering.

Alan62
26-02-2016, 08:37 AM
After the 'goal' the linesman points at the byline which suggests he thought it went out. Cummings doesn't look offside for the pass. McGinn can't be offside. In my opinion, as it was at the time, I thought the officials cost us a goal.

I also thought the Stokes incident was a penalty. A sneaky shove as the ball comes off the bar which prevents a goal scoring opportunity. A good ref would have given a goal and a red card. There were numerous fouls on the way to their second goal.

Sure we played poorly but anyone who thinks that these incidents wouldn't have affected the result if they had been called the other way is kidding themselves.

scoopyboy
26-02-2016, 01:45 PM
After the 'goal' the linesman points at the byline which suggests he thought it went out. Cummings doesn't look offside for the pass. McGinn can't be offside. In my opinion, as it was at the time, I thought the officials cost us a goal.

I also thought the Stokes incident was a penalty. A sneaky shove as the ball comes off the bar which prevents a goal scoring opportunity. A good ref would have given a goal and a red card. There were numerous fouls on the way to their second goal.

Sure we played poorly but anyone who thinks that these incidents wouldn't have affected the result if they had been called the other way is kidding themselves.

Cannot do that.

brog
26-02-2016, 02:04 PM
Cannot do that.

I'm assuming he meant a pen & a red card.

mim
26-02-2016, 02:06 PM
Wasn't going to watch the highlights but the discussion here prompted me to have a look. Sadly, I think the lino got it right :boo hoo:

JC was just offside when Stokes tries a shot in the build-up, then when he collects the ball from Henderson, the flag goes up as he is then interfering.

JC was just offside when Stokes took his shot, but the ball is then played both by a Morton player and then Henderson. Surely that is the second phase? JC was not offside when Henderson passed the ball to him.

It was a 'goal' :confused:

Alan62
26-02-2016, 03:16 PM
I'm assuming he meant a pen & a red card.

Yes, indeed. Typing faster than I was thinking. Penalty and a red card.

wookie70
26-02-2016, 04:19 PM
Goal kick was definitely taken after the disallowed goal. Hard to tell if Jason was offside when McGinn plays it through but I think the Linesman gave the decision for the ball being over the line. I think he got it wrong and it wasn't the only time he flagged for a ball being out that wasn't.

erin go bragh
26-02-2016, 04:51 PM

A compitant ref would have sent their player off and awarded us a penalty.
The ref had no control all game . Another ref to add to the hopeless list .

GGTTH

ancient hibee
26-02-2016, 05:08 PM
As the linesman made his way up the pitch he made a signal to with his hand in the direction of the benches and 4th official as if to say it was over the line.My instinct was that he was a little behind the play and not fully in a position to see.Certainly didn't look any further over the line than the Man.U.cutback last night(and it wasn't!).

NadeAteMyLunch!
26-02-2016, 10:40 PM
He gave it for being over the line, it wasn't though-at least not from my seat in the East which was a pretty good view. The lino guessed as he certainly couldn't see the ball due to Cummings. The keeper wasn't sure what was going on so just took it from the edge of the 6 yard box. I was raging at the time and even more so when it ultimately cost us so much.

RoYO!
26-02-2016, 10:50 PM
The flag only went up when JC took the ball to the bye line- as I remember and as someone pointed out the goal kick was given

AndyB_70
26-02-2016, 11:05 PM
There wasn't a 4th official.

HappyAsHellas
27-02-2016, 01:24 AM
The flag only went up when JC took the ball to the bye line- as I remember and as someone pointed out the goal kick was given

The flag only went up after the ball was in the net

MWHIBBIES
27-02-2016, 02:16 AM
The flag only went up after the ball was in the netIt didn't, it was up well before, I didn't even bother celebrating because I saw it. It was the wrong decision and that is clear but it was made long before the ball hit the net.

California-Hibs
27-02-2016, 05:11 AM
Why? I'm of the same opinion. Are you saying we would have still lost the game had we went ahead? We were well on top at that point, a goal was the least some of our play deserved and we would have gone on to win comfortably IMO. Same with the penalty which (i think) was at 1-0. If we had of scored that, they were down to 10 men and we would have had 35 mins or so to get a winner, which again IMO we would have got. I know it's the done thing to say "the ref was poor but he didn't lose us the game as we were also so poor" but he did. A good goal chopped off, a stone wall pen/red card not given, and about 3 or 4 blatant fouls all missed in the build up to there second. Until we went 2-0 down we still looked more than capable of winning the game and all these blatantly clear incidents happened before that point.

I have to apologize, I read your post as '100% wouldn't' instead of 'would've'. So it turns out my response was actually agreeing with you bud, my bad.