GreenCastle
25-02-2016, 01:19 PM
https://hibernianfc.sharein.com/invest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good video :agree:

Ozyhibby
25-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Good video :agree:

Video is great but it undermines HSL. Petrie doesn't like how quickly it is growing I think.

easty
25-02-2016, 01:22 PM
that was an enjoyable wee watch there. :agree:

easty
25-02-2016, 01:23 PM
Video is great but it undermines HSL. Petrie doesn't like how quickly it is growing I think.

Does it? How?

SunshineOnLeith
25-02-2016, 01:23 PM

Lol.

bigwheel
25-02-2016, 01:24 PM

what??? HSL IS Petrie's strategy - that is his way to get his and Farmer's money out.....why on earth would he want to undermine it....

that's ridiculous surely....

Geo_1875
25-02-2016, 01:25 PM

I disagree. Nothing to do with Rod. I think that there are a lot of people who have doubts about HSL but will purchase shares direct. Might buy some more myself.

Ozyhibby
25-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Does it? How?

It's a competing investment vehicle. There is only so much the fans can spare. It will be very hard for HSL to grow our numbers while this is going on.

Monts
25-02-2016, 01:27 PM
I think there are a few people like myself who can't commit financially to on going payments but the one off option was too complicated last time round.
This time it looks like it should be simple and IMO will have a big uptake.

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2016, 01:28 PM
It's a competing investment vehicle. There is only so much the fans can spare. It will be very hard for HSL to grow our numbers while this is going on.

All the money ends up in the same place.....What a ridiculous stance.......

Ozyhibby
25-02-2016, 01:29 PM
what??? HSL IS Petrie's strategy - that is his way to get his and Farmer's money out.....why on earth would he want to undermine it....

HSL is not Rod's strategy.

easty
25-02-2016, 01:30 PM

It's not a competing vehicle. It's 2 parts of the same vehicle. It shouldn't be about HSL v Other Schemes.

Geo_1875

Then HSL need to convince the doubters.

lucky

Sorry but that just plain stupid to post that. You've argued long and hard that the two are different, which they are, so you can't claim now it undermines HSL. The important thing is Hibs fans take ownership not HSL. This new way of buying shares will allow individuals to buy in a give the club more money for players.

I support Hibs not HSL. HSL is a collective way of fans having a say. As shareholders we also have a say but not as big a voice

bigwheel
25-02-2016, 01:31 PM

of course it is...it's a fully endorsed by Hibs supporter ownership vehicle, fully supported by Farmer and his advisor Petrie, and involving Dempster....

Ozyhibby
25-02-2016, 01:31 PM
All the money ends up in the same place.....What a ridiculous stance.......

I agree. There is no difference to Hibs. All the money does indeed go to the same place. Which makes me curious why they felt the need?

GreenCastle
25-02-2016, 01:32 PM
This is all getting a little confusing - I think someone needs to breakdown the differences and where the money is going etc.

Also the email I just got from Hibs - the link doesn't work...anyone else have that issue?

easty
25-02-2016, 01:33 PM
This is all getting a little confusing - I think someone needs to breakdown the differences and where the money is going etc.

Also the email I just got from Hibs - the link doesn't work...anyone else have that issue?

Yeah, link didnt work for me either.

Geo_1875
I agree. There is no difference to Hibs. All the money does indeed go to the same place. Which makes me curious why they felt the need?

Because there was huge interest last year but many were put off by the need to consult and pay an IFA. Now that people can self-certify there should be a good take-up on this offer.

GreenPJ
Some people said they wouldn't invest in HSL as they did not like the concept of not being a direct shareholder, surely this helps address this and can only be better for the club finances as well as the aim of fan ownership.

Ozyhibby
Look, I hope it's a big success and raises lots of money for the club.

Green Man

Because buying shares direct makes you an actual shareholder, rather than a member of an organisation which holds shares?

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2016, 01:34 PM

Because supporter's wanted to invest outwith HSL, hence the relaunch.....

Why would an HSL activist like you, be so unhappy and claim it "undermines" HSL.......WTF???????

Geo_1875
25-02-2016, 01:35 PM

Why would an HSL activist like you, be so unhappy and claim it "undermines" HSL.......WTF???????

It might stop HSL taking up their seat on the board.

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2016, 01:36 PM

Look, I hope it's a big success and raises lots of money for the club.

:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm::hmmm:

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2016, 01:36 PM
It might stop HSL taking up their seat on the board.

Boo Hoo.......:greengrin

SeanWilson
25-02-2016, 01:37 PM

OK... i'll bite... i've not donated to HSL and have never been close to taking the plunge... having just watched that video.... i feel so passionate about it that i am contemplating buuying shares... Am i wrong?:confused:

bigwheel
25-02-2016, 01:39 PM
It does feel like some simple questions need answered to help people understand whats now going on..

For example: is this a way to purchase existing shares in circulation ? If so from who? i.e. who's shareholding is diluted for each share purchased? or is these new shares being issued?

ElginHibbie
25-02-2016, 01:41 PM
I think there are a few people like myself who can't commit financially to on going payments but the one off option was too complicated last time round.
This time it looks like it should be simple and IMO will have a big uptake.

:agree:

Having an IFA or whatever it was to sign some form put me off(that and I couldn't find one willing to do it), this is much simpler with just saying 'Yes I know I won't make any money with these shares' to those few question. It took 2 minutes so will definitely be doing this.

HSL has not convinced everyone and was never going to, I personally contribute monthly and will continue to do so. Think as a collective it gives the fans a stronger voice than a lot of individual shareholders, but don't have a problem with anyone who disagrees.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 01:41 PM
It's a personal choice at the end of the day.

The principle of communal ownership and 'one member, one vote' is important to me which is what you get with HSL. Buying shares direct loses an element of that but buys you additional rights and a little piece of the club directly as opposed to through an ownership 'vehicle'.

As long as it helps Hibs out at a difficult time then I'm happy. It will be interesting to see what the take up is this time as it was poor last time so we will see if the removal of the IFA issue has a significant impact.

cabbageandribs1875
25-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Yeah, link didnt work for me either.

works fine for me

try this http://communicatoremail.com/YFz8RI3xvQWhNu4xUCs3XUOOz4wVgGHo41PPQEbsR_~/WebView.aspx

hibs0666
25-02-2016, 01:44 PM

It's a complementary investment vehicle.

Andy74
25-02-2016, 01:47 PM
A few of us suggested the initial offer could have been simpler.

I expect though that many like me went through the IFA option just to be able to buy direct.

Looks like wasted expense for some now!

Andy74
25-02-2016, 01:48 PM

Fans can choose what suits them. The main thing here is Hibs, not HSL.

HibbyRod
25-02-2016, 01:49 PM
works fine for me

try this http://communicatoremail.com/YFz8RI3xvQWhNu4xUCs3XUOOz4wVgGHo41PPQEbsR_~/WebView.aspx

Link worked ok for me too.

hibs0666
25-02-2016, 01:49 PM
A few of us suggested the initial offer could have been simpler.

I expect though that many like me went through the IFA option just to be able to buy direct.

Looks like wasted expense for some now!

How is it wasted if you achieved the end result you wanted at a price you were prepared to pay? Time moves on, technology evolves and the same outcomes can be achieved at lower cost. That's life.

Gatecrasher
25-02-2016, 01:50 PM
My brother and I got shares together at the last share issue who do we contact to get them under our own names?

Andy74
25-02-2016, 01:51 PM
How is it wasted if you achieved the end result you wanted. Time moves on, technology evolves and the same outcomes can be achieved at lower cost. That's life.

Hibs said at the time there was no way round the IFA thing. Some of us disagreed.

The wasted part is anyone who had the added expense of an IFA when others can now buy without that cost to get the same shares.

hibs0666
25-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Hibs said at the time there was no way round the IFA thing. Some of us disagreed.

The wasted part is anyone who had the added expense of an IFA when others can now buy without that cost to get the same shares.

It's a cost that had to be incurred at the time if you wanted to buy shares. You paid it, got shares and so the job was done to everyone's satisfaction at the time. What happens after that is frankly irrelevant - it's a sunk cost after all.

Ozyhibby
25-02-2016, 01:57 PM

HSL members contribute a lot of money to the club. I don't want us to lose members to this scheme which closes in June. After that we may not get them back.
All I want is more money for the team and if this delivers that then I will hold my hand up.
I will bail out now as I do not want to be seen discouraging people from giving cash to the club.

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2016, 02:00 PM
HSL members contribute a lot of money to the club. I don't want us to lose members to this scheme which closes in June. After that we may not get them back.
All I want is more money for the team and if this delivers that then I will hold my hand up.
I will bail out now as I do not want to be seen discouraging people from giving cash to the club.

Think HSL are over playing their position......Of the 21%c presently owned only 8% is owned by HSL.....Shareholders have also contributed an awful lot of money to the Club already

Ozyhibby
25-02-2016, 02:00 PM
OK... i'll bite... i've not donated to HSL and have never been close to taking the plunge... having just watched that video.... i feel so passionate about it that i am contemplating buuying shares... Am i wrong?:confused:

No

HibeePaj
25-02-2016, 02:01 PM

Ozy is right. Whilst Farmer and Petrie might see'fan ownership' as a 'way out', HSL is not the route they'd have planned.

HSL is growing and whilst it might not be a rapid growth, it is gaining ground nonetheless.

Already the fans backing HSL own 7.5% of the club.

Petrie himself only owns 10%(if im not wrong?). It's not long now before the voice of HSL is louder than that of RP.

They will, IMO want to undermine HSL and promote fans going direct to the club. Buying a couple of shares here and there in drips and drabs, with the odd large sum aswell.

HSL offers fans the chance to unite and be a part of something massive.

...I don't think Farmer and Petrie are too comfortable with that.

NYHibby
25-02-2016, 02:02 PM
My brother and I got shares together at the last share issue who do we contact to get them under our own names?

If you want to buy new shares, you can just buy them individually as normal.

If you want to spilt existing shares you own jointly, you will need to “sell” them to yourselves.

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Ozy is right. Whilst Farmer and Petrie might see'fan ownership' as a 'way out', HSL is not the route they'd have planned.

HSL is growing and whilst it might not be a rapid growth, it is gaining ground nonetheless.

Petrie himself only owns 10%(if im not wrong?). It's not long now before the voice of HSL is louder than that of RP.

They will, IMO want to undermine HSL and promote fans going direct to the club. Buying a couple of shares here and there in drips and drabs, with the odd large sum aswell.

Nonsense

Andy74
25-02-2016, 02:05 PM

They put it in place!

NYHibby
25-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Petrie himself only owns 10%(if im not wrong

This is a common mistake, but Petrie does not own 10% of the club. He owns 10% of the Holding company. Being a minority owner of the Holding company, in and of itself, doesn’t give you any influence in Hibs.

In terms of Hibs itself, he only owns like 200 shares making him one of our smallest shareholders. I think I own 10,400 myself.

SlickShoes
25-02-2016, 02:14 PM
I was put off last time by the IFA stuff, this one lets you pay £200 minimum up front, or spread the cost over 4 monthly installments. Seems like there is no reason not to do it now.

HibbyRod
25-02-2016, 02:22 PM
That's my pledge made. (I was intending to do this soon anyway .... so that's it out of the way for a while.) :greengrin

I will still continue with the HSL payments for my grandkids and I .... until things may change in the future.

Hope a lot of people will now go for the shares - which will be made a lot easier than it was previously.

Blaster
25-02-2016, 02:22 PM
Only hibs fans could see this as a negative

Andy74
25-02-2016, 02:26 PM
It's a cost that had to be incurred at the time if you wanted to buy shares. You paid it, got shares and so the job was done to everyone's satisfaction at the time. What happens after that is frankly irrelevant - it's a sunk cost after all.

Yes things change but it does tend to hack people off when the deal changes for the same thing. Especially when you had suggested the initial deal didn't need to be the way it was.

Still, hopefully people pile in.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 02:27 PM
Think HSL are over playing their position......Of the 21%c presently owned only 8% is owned by HSL.....Shareholders have also contributed an awful lot of money to the Club already

I'm not sure HSL are overplaying a position in the sense that HSL is the major minority shareholder with about 38% of the 21% of the club in fan ownership. The other 62% is spread amongst circa 1800 people, about 1700 of whom actually paid no money for their shares as they were gifted by STF in the early 90s after he took control of the club.

CropleyWasGod
25-02-2016, 02:29 PM
It does feel like some simple questions need answered to help people understand whats now going on..

For example: is this a way to purchase existing shares in circulation ? If so from who? i.e. who's shareholding is diluted for each share purchased? or is these new shares being issued?

These are new shares, raising new money for the club.

The holding that is being diluted is that of the holding company.

FTAOD, none of this money goes to the holding company, RP or STF.

CropleyWasGod
25-02-2016, 02:31 PM
Yes things change but it does tend to hack people off when the deal changes for the same thing. Especially when you had suggested the initial deal didn't need to be the way it was.

Would 200 loyalty points help? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
25-02-2016, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure HSL are overplaying a position in the sense that HSL is the major minority shareholder with about 38% of the 21% of the club in fan ownership. The other 62% is spread amongst circa 1800 people, about 1700 of whom actually paid no money for their shares as they were gifted by STF in the early 90s after he took control of the club.

Less than 2% were gifted shares.....

Not sure were you are gettin your numbers from?

GlasgowHibee
25-02-2016, 02:36 PM
After a 3-0 defeat to Morton? They can shove their shares up their arse. :wink:

On a more serious note, why was this released today? It surely must have been in the pipework for a long time, get it fast tracked through for release right after the Derby, you'd have more chance then.

marinello59
25-02-2016, 02:43 PM

Any money coming in to the club is good and to be welcomed. I think HSL offered us a chance of achieving a genuinely fan owned club with one coherent voice which is what HSL could have been in the long term. If the emphasis has now shifted to hundreds of individual shareholders then Ozy is right, HSL has now been undermined as a long term vehicle for fan control.
I'm making no comment on whether that's a good or bad thing. Given how well we all get along on Hibs.net having hundreds of mini-owners in future should work out pretty well.:greengrin
On a serious note it does mean that the setting up of a new shareholders association to speak for us all with one powerful voice should now be a priority.

HibeesLA
25-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Unfortunately, still can't buy directly as a resident of the US. May need to see how to get shares through family in the UK. Can you then have them transferred to your name after they are purchased?

Jack
25-02-2016, 02:48 PM

To be fair the situation wasn't one of Hibs making. The Law had just been changed and until precedents had been set Hibs had to follow the Laws as they were at the time of the previous issue.

Anyway I'm a shareholder and a member of HSL, twice - a second time by accident lol, but hey ho Hibs benefit.

It's a decision for each Hibs supporter to make; shares, HSL, both, but hopefully there's something in there somewhere so there's nobody in a decent financial position who says no to either :-)

marinello59
25-02-2016, 02:48 PM
Unfortunately, still can't buy directly as a resident of the US. May need to see how to get shares through family in the UK. Can you then have them transferred to your name after they are purchased?

After 6 months I think you can.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 02:51 PM
Less than 2% were gifted shares.....

Not sure were you are gettin your numbers from?

Sorry you're right I've completely made a hash of that.

The point remains though that there were circa 1700 individual shareholders in Hibs, since the share issue that number rose by 160 to take the 'fans shareholding' to 21% and with HSL holding over a 3rd of that new shareholding they have made the single biggest financial contribution. The final point I was trying to make is that many shareholders have made no new investment this time around.

Anyway as I said above as long as the money ends up at Hibs then I'm happy for people to choose how they spend their cash. I have no wish to make this an us and them argument as I invested my money through both channels and don't feel 1 was more worthy than another/

Geo_1875
25-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Any money coming in to the club is good and to be welcomed. I think HSL offered us a chance of achieving a genuinely fan owned club with one coherent voice which is what HSL could have been in the long term. If the emphasis has now shifted to hundreds of individual shareholders then Ozy is right, HSL has now been undermined as a long term vehicle for fan control.
I'm making no comment on whether that's a good or bad thing. Given how well we all get along on Hibs.net having hundreds of mini-owners in future should work out pretty well.:greengrin
On a serious note it does mean that the setting up of a new shareholders association to speak for us all with one powerful voice should now be a priority.

What's wrong with the old shareholders association?

NYHibby
25-02-2016, 03:00 PM
The point remains though that there were circa 1700 individual shareholders in Hibs, since the share issue that number rose by 160 to take the 'fans shareholding' to 21% and with HSL holding over a 3rd of that new shareholding they have made the single biggest financial contribution. The final point I was trying to make is that many shareholders have made no new investment this time around.
/

For everyone's information, HSL is our second largest shareholder now. Our 3rd to 6th own 2.1%, 2.1%, 1% and 1% respectively. There are several people below that you buy sizable amounts of shares in the last sale.

HibbyRod
25-02-2016, 03:05 PM

The Shareholders Association was dormant for a long number of years.

It is now being restructured, revamped with a new website, etc., and will be relaunched reasonably soon ..... hopefully within a short period of time.

There are four of us working together to finalise Constitutional and Data issues, etc., and get it up and running asap.

Ozyhibby
25-02-2016, 03:06 PM
For everyone's information, HSL is our second largest shareholder now. Our 3rd to 6th own 2.1%, 2.1%, 1% and 1% respectively. There are several people below that you buy sizable amounts of shares in the last sale.

Are they all shareholders from the issue in the summer?
From those figures it appear there were two investments of £100k and two of £50k in the last share issue? That's quiet a commitment and makes up a fair chunk of the £350k raised.

NYHibby
25-02-2016, 03:08 PM

There are a bunch of securities regulations for soliciting investment from US residents. It is usually not worth jumping through the hoops for non-US companies. You’ll see the warnings in investment prospectus.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 03:14 PM
The more money the better surely? I cant see any downside in this at all, and if they throw some loyalty points in again, there could be an even bigger take up than the last one. :top marks

NYHibby
25-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Are they all shareholders from the issue in the summer?
From those figures it appear there were two investments of £100k and two of £50k in the last share issue? That's quiet a commitment and makes up a fair chunk of the £350k raised.

They weren't shareholders in our 31 December annual return so I would assume so. While the names Leith Walk nominees and Redwood nominees are at Companies House, I personally don’t know anything more about them.

Danderhall Hibs
25-02-2016, 03:20 PM

I believe I was one of them. Money down the pan that could've been given to Hibs.

Bad advice from the club at the time? Maybe get a claim in Andy? :greengrin

Geo_1875
25-02-2016, 03:25 PM
I believe I was one of them. Money down the pan that could've been given to Hibs.

Bad advice from the club at the time? Maybe get a claim in Andy? :greengrin

Good advice at the time.

Things have changed since then.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 03:28 PM
The more money the better surely? I cant see any downside in this at all, and if they throw some loyalty points in again, there could be an even bigger take up than the last one. :top marks

As a short term investment another direct share issue is a good idea. Remember this closes in June though.

Where HSL has a strength is that of around 1500 members 90%+ have pledged to continue paying indefinitely thus giving the club a continued income of, at the current rate of uptake, about £250000 a year.

Andy74
25-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Good advice at the time.

Things have changed since then.

Have they? Enough folk pointed out the alternatives at the time. I think Hibs have maybe just made more effort this time to look at other options.

Anyway, the 200 loyalty points will be a good start to sorting this one. :greengrin

marinello59
25-02-2016, 03:32 PM

I may be wrong but hasn't it been inactive for a while? Happy to be corrected.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 03:34 PM
I may be wrong but hasn't it been inactive for a while? Happy to be corrected.

It has been but I think as pointed out above there is a revived Shareholders Association taking shape.

Had a good chat with a few of those involved last night and it all sounds promising thus far.

marinello59
25-02-2016, 03:37 PM
The Shareholders Association was dormant for a long number of years.

It is now being restructured, revamped with a new website, etc., and will be relaunched reasonably soon ..... hopefully within a short period of time.

There are four of us working together to finalise Constitutional and Data issues, etc., and get it up and running asap.

Thanks, I thought it was inactive.
I'll keep an eye out for the relaunch. :thumbsup:

OfficialHSL
25-02-2016, 03:39 PM
As a short term investment another direct share issue is a good idea. Remember this closes in June though.

Where HSL has a strength is that of around 1500 members 90%+ have pledged to continue paying indefinitely thus giving the club a continued income of, at the current rate of uptake, about £250000 a year.

It goes without saying that we are all Hibs supporters with a common cause - helping our Club. For those who are in a position to offer financial support as well as vocal support we will all benefit no matter how that is done.

We realise that for many people some of the issues are not clear. With this in mind, would it help if we offered to host some kind of Q & A session ?

HSL

mim
25-02-2016, 03:59 PM
Pledge made. :flag:
It's only taken me the best part of 70 years to agree to buy shares in Hibs.
Nae point in rushing things :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 04:09 PM

This is as you say a good idea, who knows what it will bring in but whatever it brings is a good thing. And hopefully we will have more in the future that boosts the clubs coffers even more. :top marks

Weststandwanab
25-02-2016, 04:14 PM

No. I am in the same boat.

Ged
25-02-2016, 04:16 PM

Some arse hijacked it and was using it to bash the club. Thankfully it's in good hands now and said arse will be nowhere near it.

my left peg
25-02-2016, 04:23 PM
Im trying to give them my £200, but its not accepting my card expiration date of my visa debit?

Sent from my SM-G360F using Tapatalk

Argylehibby
25-02-2016, 04:32 PM

The need is there because many people like me want to be shareholders of the club in their own right and the only way that can happen is by buying shares direct. I was fortunate in getting a financial advisor to sign the form allowing me to buy shares first time around and I will probably buy more this time as well but may fans were not so lucky. The club recognise the fact that there are fans out there who missed out last time because of the hassle with the advisor requirement who will now be happy to invest and many of those will not have joined HSL.

It's not a competion and it's not one set being better than the other it's simply individual preference.

Andy74
25-02-2016, 04:37 PM
The need is there because many people like me want to be shareholders of the club in their own right and the only way that can happen is by buying shares direct. I was fortunate in getting a financial advisor to sign the form allowing me to buy shares first time around and I will probably buy more this time as well but may fans were not so lucky. The club recognise the fact that there are fans out there who missed out last time because of the hassle with the advisor requirement who will now be happy to invest and many of those will not have joined HSL.

It's not a competion and it's not one set being better than the other it's simply individual preference.

A lot of fans also aren't interested in the benefits of the collective or in having a say on committees and boards. They just want a share certificate direct from Hibs.

Golden Bear
25-02-2016, 04:45 PM

Only SOME Hibs fans could see this as a negative.

Golden Bear
25-02-2016, 04:47 PM
No. I am in the same boat.

And me.

BSEJVT
25-02-2016, 04:49 PM

With respect they are two entirely different routes aimed at two entirely different groups (although some people no doubt have feet in both camps)

I don't view my HSL contributions as purchasing shares for my benefit, I view them as a donation to help meet the clubs running costs and for so long as I am able will maintain them even if the magical 51% is achieved in the years to come.

I may well add to my and my children's direct shareholding as I view that as our personal statements of commitment to the club.

I do have to say though your comments alarm me.

If the objective of the exercise is majority fan ownership then I suspect those supporting that objective couldn't give two hoots as to how it is achieved.

Whatever you think of his financial input STF has proven himself to be a man of integrity in relation to the club's ownership and preserving the club for future generations.

His residual 49% holding plus that already obtained through rank and file Hibs supporters and HSL will ensure that this share issue isn't attractive to anyone wanting to buy vast blocks to wrest control.

I will ask again, what is the harm and why is this more harmful now than it was when the two strands ran in tandem at the outset?

You are to be admired for your commitment to and promotion of HSL, but are in danger of putting the cart before the horse.

offshorehibby
25-02-2016, 04:49 PM
Great idea. I was already a share holder from years ago. I decided to go down the HSL route last year with the intention of buying new shares as well. Time ran out for me on the shares so i welcome the chance to buy again. I still own a stake in HSL and contribute monthly.

To the couple of people who asked where does all the money go. As with HSL the share money goes directly to the player budget and lining somebody's pocket.

lucky
25-02-2016, 04:50 PM
A lot of fans also aren't interested in the benefits of the collective or in having a say on committees and boards. They just want a share certificate direct from Hibs.

Correct and those who do got 100 loyalty points instead of a share certificate

Dom'sFirstTouch
25-02-2016, 05:14 PM
Went down the HSL route personally but anything that brings the club desperately needed revenue has my support. Hope it's a big success, great promotional video too :aok:

Blaster
25-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Only SOME Hibs fans could see this as a negative.

Apologies mate, you are indeed correct 😉

CB_NO3
25-02-2016, 05:32 PM
What is the minimum amount of shares you can buy?

Radium
25-02-2016, 05:34 PM
What is the minimum amount of shares you can buy?

£200

superfurryhibby
25-02-2016, 05:39 PM
There should be an option to pass the share voting rights onto HSL, once shares are purchased. Like many, I'm a bit baffled by the way all of this has gone. Why isn't that an option ?

I think I'm going to spend the bairns bowling allowance and take the plunge.

ancient hibee
25-02-2016, 05:45 PM
There should be an option to pass the share voting rights onto HSL, once shares are purchased. Like many, I'm a bit baffled by the way all of this has gone. Why isn't that an option ?

Why? If an individual wants to vote on an issue the same way as HSL he/she just votes that way.

superfurryhibby
25-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Why? If an individual wants to vote on an issue the same way as HSL he/she just votes that way.

Well why not would be my reply?

Simple, I want individual shares but I'm also happy to delegate my voting rights to the fan led consortium. Is that unreasonable?

BSEJVT
25-02-2016, 05:55 PM

An entirely blinkered and jaundiced view somewhat divorced from the reality of the situation.

A minority shareholder will always be just that, a minority shareholder.

For so long as their combined stake and that of anyone who sides with them is greater than the remainder, then since RP is STF's placeman and will vote as he does then the fact that HSL may soon own a greater percentage of shares than RP individually is utterly irrelevant.

The first pinch point has been passed with fans representation on the board. Although I confess to not knowing whether it is one member one vote or whether voting is done in blocks of share ownership?

I suspect it to be the former.

The latter would only apply if there were real disagreement by which time some of the directors would have already left / been removed from the board.

Most of the board and indeed any boards work is done through consensus, the importance of the growing share of individual and HSL ownership is that it puts a blocking vote on some of the more contentious remote possibilities out there.

You may recall that minority Hearts shareholders were forced to sell when mad Vlad acquired x% of the other shares.

I cant remember the percentage involved but I am sure we are already past that point.

All this latest move is about is accelerating the cause and percentage owned of fan ownership.

Keep clinging though to old enmities if it makes you feel good.

Lest you forget, no-one forced STF & RP to dilute their shareholding, they did it voluntarily.

Given STF's stated wishes for the club, he will be delighted with HSL as it ensures ownership is widely held and he wont one day be faced with a hostile wallet mercenary type take over from some individual who managed to individually buy up a lot of the shares.

Additionally, given the continuing distrust between different factions of the support and board / the chances of anyone acquiring sufficient numbers to successfully win a vote against their 49% shareholding at the end of the current process is remote.

FWIW I don't see that 49% being the end game, I think if when that is reached the shares are widely held, he will go further. I know I would and would finally get rid of the grief that goes with it.

GreenPJ
25-02-2016, 05:55 PM

Simple, I want individual shares but I'm also happy to delegate my voting rights to the fan led consortium. Is that unreasonable?

So the reason you didn't sign up to HSL is because you wanted a share certificate?

Bostonhibby
25-02-2016, 05:59 PM

Maybe some fans wanted to buy shares direct again and for it to be easier than last time?

Andy74
25-02-2016, 06:01 PM

Appointment them as your proxy when the AGM docs come through.

Purple & Green
25-02-2016, 06:01 PM

Maybe not a negative but there's terms like ownership and controlling interest being thrown about that are disingenuous.

ancient hibee
25-02-2016, 06:05 PM

Well if you don't want to vote yourself you appoint them by proxy-what is the point of having the shares in your name then?

Turkish Green
25-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Buy shares. Be a shareholder. Speak for yourself. Have a voice. Do not give your money to an unknown entity that will purport to speak on your behalf.

SunshineOnLeith
25-02-2016, 06:18 PM

Then give HSL a proxy. Nothing to do with Hibs.

CropleyWasGod
25-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Buy shares. Be a shareholder. Speak for yourself. Have a voice. Do not give your money to an unknown entity that will purport to speak on your behalf.
An unknown entity in which you have a voice and a vote, you mean?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 06:33 PM
Maybe some fans wanted to buy shares direct again and for it to be easier than last time?

I will be buying these new shares, and only because it gets me a certificate i can put in a frame and up on the wall. This option was not available when i bought through HSL unless i went through a lot more expense.

At the end of the day, we all know these are worthless bits of paper, but they will be our worthless bits of paper. :greengrin

Andy74
25-02-2016, 06:37 PM
I will be buying these new shares, and only because it gets me a certificate i can put in a frame and up on the wall. This option was not available when i bought through HSL unless i went through a lot more expense.

At the end of the day, we all know these are worthless bits of paper, but they will be our worthless bits of paper. :greengrin

Case closed.

Bostonhibby
25-02-2016, 06:44 PM

:agree: Mines are allowed to be on the wall of the "cloakroom" proudly displayed between my George Best picture and my Hands off Hibs poster, priceless.

Carheenlea
25-02-2016, 06:55 PM
I went down the HSL route as it was a more affordable way for me of obtaining a small stake in the club by spreading the cost over a period of time. Now that there is another share issue, fans have a choice to buy direct or through HSL.
Carlton and East Lothian are both running buses to Dumbarton on Saturday. One leaves from Leith and travels via Corstorphine, the other from Haddington via Deer Park. Both get you to Dumbarton for KO.

BSEJVT
25-02-2016, 07:01 PM
I went down the HSL route as it was a more affordable way for me of obtaining a small stake in the club by spreading the cost over a period of time. Now that there is another share issue, fans have a choice to buy direct or through HSL.
Carlton and East Lothian are both running buses to Dumbarton on Saturday. One leaves from Leith and travels via Corstorphine, the other from Haddington via Deer Park. Both get you to Dumbarton for KO.

Excellent analogy:top marks

brianmc
25-02-2016, 07:28 PM
I just signed up for this via an email recently received from "Leeann".
I opted to ahem, invest £250. Now all I need to do is think up a plausible reason to explain to the Mrs why a share certificate from Hibs pops through my letter box in the coming weeks?!?

*and also why I can no longer afford that spa weekend i'd promised her

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 07:39 PM
Went down the HSL route personally but anything that brings the club desperately needed revenue has my support. Hope it's a big success, great promotional video too :aok:

I met with an HSL group tonight and a member of the Shareholders Association (or soon to be I should say) was also there.

I think the general consensus was both HSL and individual shareholders (particularly those who choose to be represented by the Association) are parallel groups who have huge amounts of common ground. It was great to be part of a meeting that was for the most part positive.

For me the upcoming share issue is a great way to boost the coffers and get another chunk of the club into fan ownership. HSL is a longer term project attractive to those who like the commonality and also those who wish to make a continuing contribution after they have secured their membership.

I really hope a lot of people can take this view and choose to support both routes which will see additional funds added to the ER budget.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 07:44 PM
I met with an HSL group tonight and a member of the Shareholders Association (or soon to be I should say) was also there.

I think the general consensus was both HSL and individual shareholders (particularly those who choose to be represented by the Association) are parallel groups who have huge amounts of common ground. It was great to be part of a meeting that was for the most part positive.

For me the upcoming share issue is a great way to boost the coffers and get another chunk of the club into fan ownership. HSL is a longer term project attractive to those who like the commonality and also those who wish to make a continuing contribution after they have secured their membership.

I really hope a lot of people can take this view and choose to support both routes which will see additional funds added to the ER budget.

Thats my thinking too, what i hope though is this new scheme does not stop people contributing once they have their certificate. Hopefully a fair amount will get their certificate and continue to contribute to HSL.

lord bunberry
25-02-2016, 07:52 PM

I would imagine the concerns from HSL would be that people cancel their direct debit and buy £200 worth of shares. An ongoing direct debit would bring in more money and more fan ownership in the long term. I pay money to HSL and will buy some shares, I just hope people don't look at it as one thing competing against another. Already on this thread we've had a few derogatory comments regarding HSL which is a shame.

marinello59
25-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Thats my thinking too, what i hope though is this new scheme does not stop people contributing once they have their certificate. Hopefully a fair amount will get their certificate and continue to contribute to HSL.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 07:53 PM

Exactly what I hope.

I don't see why people wouldn't. If mutuality or group ownership or whatever doesn't appeal I hope people many just think of it as paying into a managers fund with an added bonus that fans get a few shares out of it.

I bought shares 1st time around whilst contributing to HSL, I don't see the two as being contradictory at all.

CropleyWasGod
25-02-2016, 07:54 PM
Exactly what I hope.

I don't see why people wouldn't. If mutuality or group ownership or whatever doesn't appeal I hope people many just think of it as paying into a managers fund with an added bonus that fans get a few shares out of it.

I bought shares 1st time around whilst contributing to HSL, I don't see the two as being contradictory at all.

The only competition should be about who gives the better scran at the AGM.

offshorehibby
25-02-2016, 08:04 PM
I would imagine the concerns from HSL would be that people cancel their direct debit and buy £200 worth of shares. An ongoing direct debit would bring in more money and more fan ownership in the long term. I pay money to HSL and will buy some shares, I just hope people don't look at it as one thing competing against another. Already on this thread we've had a few derogatory comments regarding HSL which is a shame.

I would think people already contributing monthly to HSL will continue to contribute. The ones that can afford to will buy shares as well. You'll probably find most people who bought shares last time are also HSL members (I know I am). This allows people who missed out last time to buy direct.

Andy74
25-02-2016, 08:04 PM

HSL need to continue to push the ongoing nature of donations and the slow burn approach whereas these share offers are short burst opportunities to buy one off chunks of shares direct.

HSL is the one that longer term would provide a more consistent method of funding the club.

Many of us will be attracted to both which is ideal all round. In ten years time the total of what we have paid to HSL will dwarf what most of us have bought direct.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 08:10 PM
HSL need to continue to push the ongoing nature of donations and the slow burn approach whereas these share offers are short burst opportunities to buy one off chunks of shares direct.

HSL is the one that longer term would provide a more consistent method of funding the club.

Many of us will be attracted to both which is ideal all round. In ten years time the total of what we have paid to HSL will dwarf what most of us have bought direct.

I think that is almost certainly the 'strategy' people are likely to see in the coming weeks from HSL.

Sergio sledge
25-02-2016, 08:17 PM
I would think people already contributing monthly to HSL will continue to contribute. The ones that can afford to will buy shares as well. You'll probably find most people who bought shares last time are also HSL members (I know I am). This allows people who missed out last time to buy direct.

I contribute monthly to HSL and have just pledged to buy shares direct. I will be continuing my HSL payments as well.

Big_Franck
25-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Great news that was well communicated again by the club. The quick release of the list of FAQs (link here (https://hibernianfc.sharein.com/help)) should help answer most people's questions as well.

I had originally planned to buy shares direct the first time round but the farting about with the IFA meant I put it off and in the end ran out of time. I joined HSL instead and plan to continue paying in for years to come. I've also just pledged to buy shares direct as I love the idea of owning a small part of my club.

As an aside, I watched the promotional video (excellent btw) and the image of Turnbull holding the newspaper with the headline 'Hearts & Hibs to merge' made me realise how much we have Tom Farmer to thank for. I really don't intend to hijack the thread here, I just thought it was worth saying. I've not always been his biggest fan and his insistence on sticking with RP has infuriated me at times but if it wasn't for him we wouldn't have Hibs. My club wouldn't exist and i'd probably have ended up being either a jambo or a celtic fan. Either way it would have been horrendous. Hopefully a good number of us can take the opportunity that the club are giving us to buy shares and continue to make our club stronger where it matters most - on the park. Anyway, onwards and upwards and GGTTH!

Jonnyboy
25-02-2016, 09:39 PM
I contribute monthly to HSL and have just pledged to buy shares direct. I will be continuing my HSL payments as well.

Ditto

mim
25-02-2016, 09:43 PM

Ditto

Me too.
Let's hope a few thousand of us do this and it's onwards and upwards. :hibees

Jonnyboy
25-02-2016, 09:45 PM
I should add that I've arranged to continue my DD to HSL even though I've reached the £225 figure. I mention this only because some HSL contributors may not know it's possible to do that

FranckSuzy
25-02-2016, 09:53 PM
Great idea. I was already a share holder from years ago. I decided to go down the HSL route last year with the intention of buying new shares as well. Time ran out for me on the shares so i welcome the chance to buy again. I still own a stake in HSL and contribute monthly.

To the couple of people who asked where does all the money go. As with HSL the share money goes directly to the player budget and lining somebody's pocket.

I can only hope you've missed out the word 'not' :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
25-02-2016, 10:44 PM
Im trying to give them my £200, but its not accepting my card expiration date of my visa debit?

Try it with another browser or device.

superfurryhibby
26-02-2016, 07:10 AM
I'm now a shareholder in Hibernian FC. Feels good:flag:

HappyHibby93
26-02-2016, 07:38 AM
It goes without saying that we are all Hibs supporters with a common cause - helping our Club. For those who are in a position to offer financial support as well as vocal support we will all benefit no matter how that is done.

We realise that for many people some of the issues are not clear. With this in mind, would it help if we offered to host some kind of Q & A session ?

HSL

Is this likely to take place soon? And if so where. So many supporters claim to understand but this is a complicated issue and will only get worse once RP & STF do move on! :wink:

"We just don't think you understand"

:flag::flag:

ColintonHibs
26-02-2016, 07:57 AM
I don't know why everyone is so happy did we not lose £1.2mil last year?
Not meaning to sound like a negative **** but how would an individual benefit from this or is it just to give the club more money?

Gatecrasher
26-02-2016, 07:59 AM
Not meaning to sound like a negative **** but how would an individual benefit from this or is it just to give the club more money?
If you want to benefit financially from owning shares in a football club I suggest you invest elsewhere, this is about owning a part of something that you love and enjoy.

bigwheel
26-02-2016, 08:21 AM

You will not benefit...it's helping out the club and getting a piece of ownership in return...there is no investment upside here..

ACLeith
26-02-2016, 08:28 AM

The Prospectus the last time stated clearly that (a) you cannot trade the shares (though you can transfer to someone else) and (b) there will be no dividends payable. It is therefore in effect just a donation to help the club, though you are of course then able to attend the AGM and in the future perhaps have a small say in how the club develops.

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2016, 08:44 AM

If the money is used wisely, as supporters we all benefit.

(ps it was £800k loss last year)

NAE NOOKIE
26-02-2016, 08:46 AM

The whole purpose of the government insisting that an IFA is involved in share issues of this nature is to ensure that people are left in no doubt that buying shares in the likes of Hibs is as likely to make them money as buying shares in an Antarctic ice cream shop.

Its an emotional investment mate ... I'm no expert, but if you seriously thought that question had to be asked I suggest you don't look to buying shares as part of your pension plan :greengrin

my left peg
26-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Try it with another browser or device.
Did it with my ipad and it worked...thanks

Gatecrasher
26-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Is there a timescale on this? I cant invest at the moment however I might want to in a couple of months.

my left peg
26-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Got my shares.contribute to hsl,season ticket holder...feels good!

trev the hat
26-02-2016, 08:52 AM
Is there a timescale on this? I cant invest at the moment however I might want to in a couple of months.

June

Gatecrasher
26-02-2016, 08:59 AM
June

cheers, that gives me plenty of time.

Golden Bear
26-02-2016, 09:02 AM
If there are any internal politics at work then quite frankly it's of secondary importance.

The Club will undoubtedly benefit from a further cash injection and that really is the pertinent issue as far as I'm concerned.

StevieC
26-02-2016, 09:44 AM

Already got a certificate .. but I'm going to buy new shares and pass my existing shareholding on to my kids.

liamh2202
26-02-2016, 09:50 AM
How much minimum are you looking at all in are you looking at to purchase shares ?

lord bunberry
26-02-2016, 09:53 AM
How much minimum are you looking at all in are you looking at to purchase shares ?
£200

givescotlandfreedom
26-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Did it with my ipad and it worked...thanks

:thumbsup::flag:

BoomtownHibees
26-02-2016, 11:41 AM

Good luck with the questionnaire

NAE NOOKIE
26-02-2016, 12:50 PM
Folk are gonna have to get the finger out ............. ****bo Sickbag has a thread already running asking their fans to buy our shares.

Don't get me wrong .... on most rival clubs fan forums that would just be a joke. But this is a set of fans who were persuaded by a mad Lithuanian to part with large wedges of cash for shares that didn't even exist, so anything is possible with them and its very worrying !!!

Not only that, thousands of them have pumped massive amounts of money into a scheme that's supposed to lead to fan ownership and even though its 2 years down the line and they don't actually own a stick with little sign they ever will ..... they still keep on giving. In these circumstances you could see how some of them might get fed up and want to be part of a proper fan ownership scheme.

Even more worrying ........ Its a fact on sickbag that far from trying to destroy Hibs Wallace Mercer was actually the one who saved us ..... you can tell from the constant flow of threads about Hibs on there that there really is a lot of love for us, and in the fine tradition of their late owner many of their fans may well want to buy shares in Hibs in order to help us out ....... ye gods, I hope they still let us play in Green & White when the takeover comes.

Its a black day for us http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/no%20way.gif

CropleyWasGod
26-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Folk are gonna have to get the finger out ............. ****bo Sickbag has a thread already running asking their fans to buy our shares.

Don't get me wrong .... on most rival clubs fan forums that would just be a joke. But this is a set of fans who were persuaded by a mad Lithuanian to part with large wedges of cash for shares that didn't even exist, so anything is possible with them and its very worrying !!!

Not only that, thousands of them have pumped massive amounts of money into a scheme that's supposed to lead to fan ownership and even though its 2 years down the line and they don't actually own a stick with little sign they ever will ..... they still keep on giving. In these circumstances you could see how some of them might get fed up and want to be part of a proper fan ownership scheme.

Even more worrying ........ Its a fact on sickbag that far from trying to destroy Hibs Wallace Mercer was actually the one who saved us ..... you can tell from the constant flow of threads about Hibs on there that there really is a lot of love for us, and in the fine tradition of their late owner many of their fans may well want to buy shares in Hibs in order to help us out ....... ye gods, I hope they still let us play in Green & White when the takeover comes.

I would love their money. :cb

greenginger
26-02-2016, 01:30 PM
I tried to buy shares in Hearts. I offered the QLTR office £ 200 for the 4.5% of hearts shares held by Hearts 2005 Ltd , which had been struck off after the Liths done a runner.

I got a polite refusal and a promise that they would get back to me when they chose to dispose of them.

Super_JMcGinn
26-02-2016, 03:23 PM
Well that video just made me part with £200, well done Leanne and I look forward to you taking my £203.04 off me when I become approved lol, I had to laugh at that bit at the end. I also contribute to HSL so how the bloody hell am I not already approved ? :na na:

I have never owned shares in my life, nor have I ever been interested, but this is a different matter. I think there is something very special brewing up there with Leanne at the reigns and I look forward to being a part of it. GGTTH.

lord bunberry
26-02-2016, 05:00 PM

I hope they do buy lots of shares as we can just bump them and they won't say a word, it's what they're used to.

bookert
26-02-2016, 11:04 PM
Well that video just made me part with £200, well done Leanne and I look forward to you taking my £203.04 off me when I become approved lol, I had to laugh at that bit at the end. I also contribute to HSL so how the bloody hell am I not already approved ? :na na:

I have never owned shares in my life, nor have I ever been interested, but this is a different matter. I think there is something very special brewing up there with Leanne at the reigns and I look forward to being a part of it. GGTTH.
Done the same, my hsl ended this month so I thought why not. Been a supporter for 55 years and the club means a lot to me.

ColintonHibs
27-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Thanks everyone for taking my question seriously! GGTTH

PathheadHibby
27-02-2016, 07:55 AM
Just purchased 20, 000 shares between my Dad, nephew and I.....easy process........GGTTH

superfurryhibby
27-02-2016, 02:07 PM
I reckon this share issue is going to do very well. The lack of IFA involvement helps a great deal.

I also hope the people who seem very eager to judge other folks commitment to Hibs take notice. I gave up my season ticket after Hamilton, I've been to around about ten games since. I've stuck what I can in the in the pot. I still won't being purchasing another season ticket, until I feel like it, but I'm supporting the club in a way that suits me.

mutley
29-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Well I've just taken the plunge and bought some.

anyone else?

Jonnyboy
29-02-2016, 07:36 PM
Well I've just taken the plunge and bought some.

anyone else?

I 'plunged' the day I got the email. Soft touch, so I am :greengrin

Jack
29-02-2016, 07:42 PM
Gave £200 to my daughter. At least I know where it's going this time lol.

Jonnyboy
29-02-2016, 07:43 PM
Gave £200 to my daughter. At least I know where it's going this time lol.

Harvey Nicks? :greengrin

Jack
29-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Harvey Nicks? :greengrin

If he's nicked it I'll have 'im!

Jonnyboy
29-02-2016, 07:45 PM
If he's nicked it I'll have 'im!

:greengrin

Hamish
02-03-2016, 09:36 AM
On a day when its all doom and gloom on here I have just purchased 5000 shares. This is in addition to my monthly HSL and lump sum.

We are on the right road, we are just negotiating a tricky bend 'at this moment in time'

Let's all remember the well worn saying - Form is temporary, class is permanent.

easty
02-03-2016, 09:38 AM
On a day when its all doom and gloom on here I have just 5000 shares purchased. In addition to my monthly HSL and lump sum.

Let's all remember the well worn saying - Form is temporary, class is permanent.

For you good.

Hamish
02-03-2016, 09:41 AM
For you good.

:greengrin - now amended

easty
02-03-2016, 09:57 AM
:greengrin - now amended

:greengrin :aok:

Big_Franck
07-03-2016, 08:19 PM
I've just noticed that Hibs have taken the payment for the shares I pledged to buy. That was quite quick, sure they said it would take about six weeks. Anyone know how roughly the shares certificate will take to come through?

Click here (https://hibernianfc.sharein.com/invest) to sign up, you know you want to :greengrin

givescotlandfreedom
29-07-2016, 12:39 PM
I've just noticed that Hibs have taken the payment for the shares I pledged to buy. That was quite quick, sure they said it would take about six weeks. Anyone know how roughly the shares certificate will take to come through?

Click here (https://hibernianfc.sharein.com/invest) to sign up, you know you want to :greengrin

I think we should all be paid up now? Hopefully not too long

andyf5
29-07-2016, 12:48 PM
I think we should all be paid up now? Hopefully not too long

I filled in all the forms 6/7 weeks ago and have heard nothing since original email. Website says it can take up to 8 weeks.

mutley
29-07-2016, 03:36 PM
I paid mine over 4 months, all 4 payments taken so I guess I just wait for the certificate?

PompeyHibs
29-07-2016, 06:15 PM
I paid mine over 4 months, all 4 payments taken so I guess I just wait for the certificate?

Same here, paid up over four months but not had a certificate through yet.
No rush. I assume we will recieve them in next few weeks.

GGTTH

BSEJVT
29-07-2016, 06:39 PM
I filled in all the forms 6/7 weeks ago and have heard nothing since original email. Website says it can take up to 8 weeks.

I would check Andy

I applied online had my application acknowledged and then without any further correspondence before or after they have started taking direct debits.

I know they plenty other fish to fry and it didn't bother me but at the very minimum they are breaking advance notification of claiming direct debit payments notification protocols

I would have been a bit less sanguine if they had made me overdrawn and faced bank charges / bounced payments etc

Andy74
29-07-2016, 06:46 PM
Same here, paid up over four months but not had a certificate through yet.
No rush. I assume we will recieve them in next few weeks.

GGTTH

Certificates from Hibs can take months. Hibs seem to wait until they can print them in batches.

kevinc
30-07-2016, 11:02 AM
Got my certificate this morning:flag:

overdrive
30-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Got mine just now

givescotlandfreedom
30-07-2016, 12:24 PM
Mine came today too. They just needed a reminder :)

mutley
30-07-2016, 01:13 PM
I'll give a little while and if nothing appears I'll drop them an email

mutley
30-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Mine came today too. They just needed a reminder :)

Who did you email?

Dashing Bob S
30-07-2016, 01:27 PM

I'm the same. HSL never appealed personally, for a number of reasons, the principal one being that I'm not convinced that fan ownership is right for our club as a business model. I'm keeping a beady on Hearts, and I see stagnation, confusion, division, bitterness and tears in that model.

As I'm self employed, I also don't like the idea of being beholden to anybody. Circumstances change and I dislike ongoing regular payments.

A one-off outlay of cash is a more appealing way for me personally to invest in Hibs. This is a simple way of doing that.

I think it makes sense to offer supporters different investment models. People aren't stupid, they will pay what they can afford and what suits them.,

shooglie wooglie
30-07-2016, 02:22 PM
I emailed 18 July got a very fast response and was told they expected the to be out by second week in August.

givescotlandfreedom
30-07-2016, 05:01 PM
Who did you email?

I didn't, I just resurrected this thread. Probably just coincidental.

Keith_M
30-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Does anybody know how the sales of shares have gone?

Roughly what percentage of the £2M(?) target has been raised?

Jonnyboy
30-07-2016, 06:21 PM
I initially decided not to buy for a number of personal reasons but since then I've taken the plunge and got my share certificate today :aok:

shooglie wooglie
30-07-2016, 07:38 PM
Dear givescotlandfreedom

I got a reply form shares@hibernianfc.co.uk hope this helps

MarkMc
01-08-2016, 08:36 AM
Got my certificate at the weekend ! I'm an owner now :-) #GGTTH

GloryGlory
01-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Certificates from Hibs can take months. Hibs seem to wait until they can print them in batches.

Each purchase requires board approval, so that may be the reason for delays.

Sergio sledge
01-08-2016, 09:43 AM
I go my certificate today! My wee boy asked if it meant I could go and tell the manager what to do now.... :greengrin

GreenOnions
01-08-2016, 12:03 PM
I go my certificate today! My wee boy asked if it meant I could go and tell the manager what to do now.... :greengrin

Good luck with that!