PDA

View Full Version : Best Forward Line?

Waxy
25-02-2016, 11:28 AM
As all our forwards seem to be misfiring, who would you put up front? I'd give Farid and Boyle a shot. Everyone else have had a chance.

Salt N Sauzee
25-02-2016, 12:04 PM
As all our forwards seem to be misfiring, who would you put up front? I'd give Farid and Boyle a shot. Everyone else have had a chance.

Cummings and Farid. Can't drop Cummings on one poor game.

easty
25-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Cummings and Stokes still our best strikers for me.

danhibees1875
25-02-2016, 12:21 PM
Cummings and Farid

If that's too soon for Farid, Cummings with Boyle and Carmichael either side of him could be worth a try.

Ox
Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
Bartley
Henderson McGinn
Carmichael ...........................Boyle
Cummings

Stokes coming off the bench for now IMO.

I think Farid will start v Dumbarton (actually - maybe not if they have a plastic pitch...) to get some more game time and play a big part against ICT with Cummings out.

For ICT: Fontaine, McGeogh and Farid/Keatings/Stokes in for Hanlon, Bartley and Cummings.

Smartie
25-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Depends on the rest of the team and who we're playing but I really liked the set-up on Sunday.

Pace and skill out wide in Carmichael and Boyle, Henderson playing off a front 2 of Cummings and Dagnall. You could substitute Stokes or Keatings for Cummings and El Alagui for Dagnall as reqd.

Oh, it might be worth teaching the players how to play hoofball btw. We totally abandoned playing football during the last 20 minutes last night. If we're going to lump it to El Alagui (or anyone else) we need to get someone who can read his flick-ons and get on the end of them.

Penicuik Hibee
25-02-2016, 12:35 PM
Boyle adds more to the team as an attacking full back. He was excellent on Sunday. He never looks good when played at CF. I would play him against the smaller teams to add width to our team.

Farid has a long way to go until he is back to fitness. He has missed the best part of 2 years and even if he stays fit, it is a massive ask to expect him to come in and hit the ground running. But if he was fit, it would be good to have someone who could win some balls in the air.

Keatings and Dagnall look low on confidence. So for me it is Cummings and Stokes. But Stokes has to do the simple things right before he starts showboating. He was trying to be the superstar with the fancy flicks and dummies.

Dom'sFirstTouch
25-02-2016, 02:17 PM
At the moment it's Cummings and ANother. We shouldn't be completely reliant on a 20 year old still learning and developing (especially one suspended for the Quarter Final!).

Surely Stokes will improve? Please?

erin go bragh
26-02-2016, 11:26 AM
I really like the back three with Boyle and Carmichael as offensive wing backs . Gives us width and pace .

GGTTH

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Would like to think that Stubbs has a way to put pressure on JC to up his game without actually dropping him. Not taking the Dumbarton game lightly at all, but if we have it in the bag early, I would like to see others get a run out and be told to stake their claim. On paper JC and Stokes would be first picks.

LaMotta
26-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Cummings and Stokes. Has to be. Their goalscoring records speak for themselves.

Stokes started off slowly first time he signed for us, give him a bit more time he will be banging them in. :aok:

jacomo
26-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Cummings and Stokes. Has to be. Their goalscoring records speak for themselves.

Stokes started off slowly first time he signed for us, give him a bit more time he will be banging them in. :aok:

Great, can't wait.

LaMotta
26-02-2016, 03:45 PM
Great, can't wait.

Would you rather play Dagnall and Keatings??

TheHarpy76
27-02-2016, 03:19 AM
drop the best striker in the league after one bad game?

Wow

California-Hibs
27-02-2016, 04:22 AM
drop the best striker in the league after one bad game?

Wow

In which he just scored a cracking winner against Hearts the game before! You seriously have to shake your head at some posts on here at times.

TheHarpy76
27-02-2016, 04:26 AM
In which he just scored a cracking winner against Hearts the game before! You seriously have to shake your head at some posts on here at times.

Even during his off games he's our biggest goal threat.
Incredible suggestion from the OP.

Waxy
27-02-2016, 06:23 AM
Even during his off games he's our biggest goal threat.
Incredible suggestion from the OP.
Did he start against Alloa? He's our best forward but its not by a huge margin.Hardly incredible.

Smartie
27-02-2016, 09:35 AM
Cummings has been getting on my nerves a bit recently.

Not signing a new contract, missing chances, preferring to squabble with the ref instead of getting on with the game.

Very good player but he's been off the boil and acting like a wee fud - we're not talking about just one game here and it's not as if we don't have another 5 or 6 players who can play in his position.

Oranje39
27-02-2016, 09:55 AM
When I have saw Keating play from the start, I've been disappointed tbh. I feel the team have to carry him for the most part. I'd go for Cummings, Stokes and Dagnall up top.

easty
27-02-2016, 09:58 AM

Not signing a new contract, missing chances, preferring to squabble with the ref instead of getting on with the game.

Very good player but he's been off the boil and acting like a wee fud - we're not talking about just one game here and it's not as if we don't have another 5 or 6 players who can play in his position.

he's scored in 6 of his last 9 games...:confused:

lord bunberry
27-02-2016, 10:17 AM
he's scored in 6 of his last 9 games...:confused:
Mental eh! What we need is someone to partner him and score a few goals themselves. If Cummings isn't scoring goals we struggle.

B.H.F.C
27-02-2016, 10:24 AM
Mental eh! What we need is someone to partner him and score a few goals themselves. If Cummings isn't scoring goals we struggle.

Been saying this all season. One of the other strikers needs to step up between now and the end of the season and help him out on a regular basis. The rest of our strikers have been average at best this season.

BoomtownHibees
27-02-2016, 10:32 AM

Not signing a new contract when we will potentially still be in the Championship is understandable.

And 6 goals in his last 9 games is no bad for being "off the boil"

Mental post

Smartie
27-02-2016, 10:51 AM
Not signing a new contract when we will potentially still be in the Championship is understandable.

And 6 goals in his last 9 games is no bad for being "off the boil"

Mental post

Ok, fair enough it's a bit over the top.

But in the past fortnight I was seriously unimpressed at him getting himself sent off in the derby replay - that could have cost us dear. He's played a big part in the games at Livi and at home to Morton when he's been miles from his best and our impotence in front of goal has probably cost us our shot at winning the Championship.

Good goal in the derby replay but when we're fighting on 3 fronts I think we need more from out most important striker, especially when all the other strikers are toiling.

He needs to screw the nut a bit.

Scott Allan Key
27-02-2016, 11:02 AM
Depends on the rest of the team and who we're playing but I really liked the set-up on Sunday.

Pace and skill out wide in Carmichael and Boyle, Henderson playing off a front 2 of Cummings and Dagnall. You could substitute Stokes or Keatings for Cummings and El Alagui for Dagnall as reqd.

Oh, it might be worth teaching the players how to play hoofball btw. We totally abandoned playing football during the last 20 minutes last night. If we're going to lump it to El Alagui (or anyone else) we need to get someone who can read his flick-ons and get on the end of them.

If we are going to utilise Farid I would rather we use Carmichael and Boyle or Gunnarsson out wide than play with the diamond.

Mikey09
27-02-2016, 12:43 PM
I really like the back three with Boyle and Carmichael as offensive wing backs . Gives us width and pace .

GGTTH

Its very attacking and exciting. However playing that way against a honking Alloa side is one thing, doing it against far better opposition would be silly.

erin go bragh
27-02-2016, 12:49 PM
Its very attacking and exciting. However playing that way against a honking Alloa side is one thing, doing it against far better opposition would be silly.

A honking Alloa side that just drew with Sevco the Sat before .
Maybe we would have beat Morton with more pace and width .

GGTTH

Eyrie
27-02-2016, 03:30 PM
A honking Alloa side that just drew with Sevco the Sat before .
Maybe we would have beat Morton with more pace and width .

GGTTH

The lack of pace and width is a tactical decision.

We grit our teeth and tolerate it as long as we're winning, but as soon as we have a poor game it's fair to highlight the problem.