PDA

View Full Version : Over reaction

scotiaf
25-02-2016, 06:25 AM
Never seen the game, however we got beat 3-0, These things happen and we can't win every Game.

we need to win at the weekend and bounce back and make sure its a blip and make sure when ( we more than likely ) hit the playoffs we are bang on form. With hopefully a league cup trophy under our belt.

Its funny seeing everyone praising the players ie Kevin Thomson its great having him back to " hes finished"

Been a very positive board in recent times and one loss and the world has ended

Cheer up boys and girls lots to look forward to

Andy74
25-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Never seen the game, however we got beat 3-0, These things happen and we can't win every Game.

we need to win at the weekend and bounce back and make sure its a blip and make sure when ( we more than likely ) hit the playoffs we are bang on form. With hopefully a league cup trophy under our belt.

Its funny seeing everyone praising the players ie Kevin Thomson its great having him back to " hes finished"

I can understand it. Our aim was to win the league. That looks like being over in February.

Winning a cup would be nice but another year in this league would be a nightmare.

I'm actually surprised we are so relaxed about it given the stick the club used to get and still get about how far we used to be down the top league or how we did in cup finals or Europe.

This is a third year in the second tier we could be talking about so it's quite natural for there to be quite a bit of disappointment and questioning about whether playing certain players or so on have caused it.

The play offs are in no way a given.

Smartie
25-02-2016, 08:14 AM
The day I don't react badly to being horsed 3-0 at home by Morton is the day I chuck it altogether.

J-C
25-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Another year in this league will see us lose most of the team and maybe the manager.

Dav1986
25-02-2016, 08:30 AM
I can understand it. Our aim was to win the league. That looks like being over in February.

Winning a cup would be nice but another year in this league would be a nightmare.

I'm actually surprised we are so relaxed about it given the stick the club used to get and still get about how far we used to be down the top league or how we did in cup finals or Europe.

This is a third year in the second tier we could be talking about so it's quite natural for there to be quite a bit of disappointment and questioning about whether playing certain players or so on have caused it.

The play offs are in no way a given.

We were potentially looking at a 3rd year in this division anyway. All that's changed last night is that our chances of going up automatically have taken a potentially fatal blow.

The worst thing for me from last night was then desire from some of the players. They wanted it more than us all over the pitch last night.

SeanWilson
25-02-2016, 08:36 AM
It's a bit pathetic how calm and collected people are about it. Especially the people who like to slate the individuals who have the audacity to be a little aggrieved at getting beat by Morton at ER, and probably ending up out of the title race.

It's typical hibs mentality, the same people who were raving about us overturning the gap and catching Rangers yesterday are probably now suggesting it's OK, we were never going to win the league anyway, let's just win play offs blah blah. F OFF.

It's all very well being jovial and all that when things are going well, however we are fans of a football team, is nobody aloud to vent when things go poorly? If we don't get promoted from this league, the consequences are likely to be dire, people are right to vent.

Thecat23
25-02-2016, 08:41 AM
It's a bit pathetic how calm and collected people are about it. Especially the people who like to slate the individuals who have the audacity to be a little aggrieved at getting beat by Morton at ER, and probably ending up out of the title race.

It's typical hibs mentality, the same people who were raving about us overturning the gap and catching Rangers yesterday are probably now suggesting it's OK, we were never going to win the league anyway, let's just win play offs blah blah. F OFF.

It's all very well being jovial and all that when things are going well, however we are fans of a football team, is nobody aloud to vent when things go poorly? If we don't get promoted from this league, the consequences are likely to be dire, people are right to vent.

People are right to vent, I'm certainly not happy about losing last night. I will though try keep positive and hope we make it up via the play offs. Screaming and shouting won't change last nights result no matter how pissed off I am.

Some folk seem to already have us down another year though. But each to their own I think we will go up this season and I also think we can win the LC Final.

greenlex
25-02-2016, 08:46 AM
The overreaction will come if our season is fruitless.

SeanWilson
25-02-2016, 08:46 AM
People are right to vent, I'm certainly not happy about losing last night. I will though try keep positive and hope we make it up via the play offs. Screaming and shouting won't change last nights result no matter how pissed off I am.

Some folk seem to already have us down another year though. But each to their own I think we will go up this season and I also think we can win the LC Final.

Agreed, I'm of the opinion that last night was going to happen at some point and that nothing has really changed. However, it was as bad as I've seen us in recent times and I was pretty gutted leaving ER last night... I don't think it's all doom and gloom and I really do think we can get up via play offs but that doesn't change that last night was a shocker and it's set us back. Hopefully big Stubbys can rally the troops and shake that performance out of them for the weekend 👍

Andy74
25-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Agreed, I'm of the opinion that last night was going to happen at some point and that nothing has really changed. However, it was as bad as I've seen us in recent times and I was pretty gutted leaving ER last night... I don't think it's all doom and gloom and I really do think we can get up via play offs but that doesn't change that last night was a shocker and it's set us back. Hopefully big Stubbys can rally the troops and shake that performance out of them for the weekend 👍

Something did change. We were very much still in a fight to win a league and now that is very unlikely.

This is what winning leagues takes and we set it out as our target.

SeanWilson
25-02-2016, 08:54 AM
Something did change. We were very much still in a fight to win a league and now that is very unlikely.

This is what winning leagues takes and we set it out as our target.

Possibly contradicting my previous post here but.... We were second last night, we're second now. We still have the goal of winning all of our remaining matches and hoping they drop points. It's 3 more now and possibly just to much to ask. However, can't throw the toys out the pram, just got to get on with it. Last night was a joke, really disappointing but I'm sure the management are trying to hammer that out of the players today and we need to get behind the team.

Ronniekirk
25-02-2016, 09:12 AM
We have played stokes and Cummings together against livi and Morton and neither has scored in each of these games .The pitch was a factor at livi and Stubbs admitted afterwards that playing in three competitions was also a factor .
However after our draw with hearts we found a way to beat Morton away while resting players and having to make a few changes in play due to injury
Wasn't there last night but sounds like we were flat ,didn't take chances when on top and then couldn't deal with having to claw back goals and they were right up for it pressing us higher up the pitch
Bud while shell shocked at score line and how easy it seemed to be for them , the game is gone and
We still have lots to look forward to But games are coming thick and fast and Stubbs needs to work out how to keep momentum going ,but keeping players fresh for the challenges ahead and making so many changes game on game is always a risk if we don't get the early goal .
Gutted but we now look forward and we will soon find out who responds to that defeat in the right manner and who doesn't
Good to see Farid back as he gives us different option and he will be looking to impress to force his way into he team but if he can get a few subs appearances back to back we will get better idea if he can stay fit .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH1875
25-02-2016, 09:15 AM

Would it be an overreaction though?

scotiaf
25-02-2016, 09:28 AM
Every one is allowed there opinion, and quite rightly everyone is aggrieved.

It was just the manor of the rollercoaster change of emotions

The play off's is certainly not a "gimmy"

We seen that the last 2 years, sadly!!

Maybe a kick up the ass for some of the players that thought they were on the road to brilliance, still along way to go there boys.

We beat a basic hearts team, but due to the initial come back at Tynecastle everyone got carried away.

Its now the business end and if the players want to be remembered a cup final win and promotion is required.

More importantly another season in this division and the fans will give up and the quality in the park will plummet.

SlickShoes
25-02-2016, 09:34 AM
I think a defeat like this, 3-0 to morton is very bad, brings back the harsh realisation of where we are at the moment. We are in the championship, we are now 8 points behind the leaders, we need them to lose more games in the next 2 months than they have all season. There is a very real chance once again that we will spend a third year in this league, that's a very sobering thought and one that over the last few weeks many people will have forgotten about riding on our wave of good results.

Those good results are all in the past now, they are meaningless, we need to push on and win the league cup and be promoted, if we fail on both fronts then the future is once again not looking so rosy. Hopefully the players can pick themselves up from this and start building momentum again, they are good enough.

All we can do as fans is trust the manager and the team, it's the business end of the season, the fans have come back in droves and we are in a cup final, it's now up to them to do the business on the park and get us promoted.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 09:38 AM
Would it be an overreaction though?

Exactly.

Another season in this league would be another nightmare. Hypothetical at this stage of course as there is still a lot of football to be played but it's not a pleasant thought.

I was disappointed to stay down last year, if we stay down this year with the team we have I'd be totally gutted. It would be a sore one to take and their would, quite rightly, be a lot of people very unhappy. The longer you stay in this league the harder it is to get out of it.

Captain Trips
25-02-2016, 09:39 AM

I will judge each player per the match played and last night many deserved criticism. Cummings has done very well great goal v Hearts that was a different match. Cummings in fact every player to a man got plaudits, it's got to go the other way when we play our vital game in hand at home and lose it not by the odd goal but by 3.

The season will be looked at as a whole at the end but individual matches are under scrutiny here. If Thomson was guff he was guff regardless of Hearts last week.

chrisski33
25-02-2016, 09:40 AM
Even before this game i think we werent gonna cut the deficit with rangers and we have to prepare for the play offs. We will still get promoted. Dont think folk are over reacting to last nights loss.

FromTheCapital
25-02-2016, 10:01 AM
An off night.
Happens to the best of teams.
Pick ourselves up and move on.
Still 33 points to be played for, a League Cup final and a potential Scottish cup semi-final spot.
8,600 there last night, poor when you consider that there will be 30,000+ attending one of our games in just a couple of weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jane_says
25-02-2016, 10:02 AM
The day I don't react badly to being horsed 3-0 at home by Morton is the day I chuck it altogether.

This 200%

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2016, 10:03 AM

Never saw the game but telling people how to treat the result, aye OK then.

Thecat23
25-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Never saw the game but telling people how to treat the result, aye OK then.

I don't think he's telling anyone how to treat the result?

Brightside
25-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Never seen the game,

Lucky you. Maybe if you sat through it you wouldn't be so happy.

HUTCHYHIBBY
25-02-2016, 10:26 AM
Lucky you. Maybe if you sat through it you wouldn't be so happy.

That's probably what I should've put in my previous post.

smithy_hibees
25-02-2016, 10:30 AM
I was at the game, we should have been couple up before they scored Cummings header and think stokes had a good chance.. for there goal i turned around to my mate and said goal. we didn't look set up well for the corner, 2nd game was the keepers fault.. at 2 down i thought we'd still come back. then 3 down no way back.. First of Barkley MUST start week in week out... Cummimgs and Stokes drop both them and if they'd rather be best pals than strike partners. let them have a laugh on the bench, we have had a great season so lets just hope its a wee blip and can push on again.. we have a strong bench so if the players are not playing well let the others step in BUT no more resting players stubbs..

Evergreen86
25-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Firstly we were well beat end of.

We should have took our chances in the first 15 mins but didn't. It also shows how much we miss PH as the backline was all over the shop

Another poor attendance tonight in what was a massive game in my eyes.

Stokesy's on fire
25-02-2016, 10:37 AM
we go again this weekend! Never say die!! GGTTH

easty
25-02-2016, 10:42 AM
It shouldn't really change anything, we're still in a good position to get promoted (albeit through the playoffs now prob), and still in 2 cups.

The result is an embarrassment though. It's not an over reaction to be raging at it. If you go away to Morton and lose by the odd goal, then you can rationalise that, but we shouldn't be losing at home to them, and never by that scoreline.

Brizo
25-02-2016, 11:00 AM
Our starting 11, regardless of changes made and peoples view on some of those individuals involved, were on a different planet from Morton who had struggled to find 11 fit players and had unfit players / kids on their bench. That vast difference in quality should have delivered a win and certainly nothing like a defeat of that magnitude

While not into finding individual scapegoats the collective performance fully deserves the reaction it is getting.

Smartie
25-02-2016, 11:17 AM
Our starting 11, regardless of changes made and peoples view on some of those individuals involved, were on a different planet from Morton who had struggled to find 11 fit players and had unfit players / kids on their bench. That vast difference in quality should have delivered a win and certainly nothing like a defeat of that magnitude

While not into finding individual scapegoats the collective performance fully deserves the reaction it is getting.

I think it's reasonable to pick the performance apart and discuss why it was so poor and that includes scrutinising individual performances.

There are a lot of players who were poor last night but who have contributed enough over the course of this season and previous seasons that we can write off last night as a blip.

There are some others though (such as the recent arrivals) that do not have the benefit of that to fall back on and seem to be getting it in the neck. Some may say that is harsh but it is our manager who has stated we will be going all-out to win 3 competitions and it is our club who have charged top whack for us to have a tilt at winning the Championship.

It now looks like we are going to fall short, people are perfectly entitled to ask why.

Smartie
25-02-2016, 11:19 AM
It shouldn't really change anything, we're still in a good position to get promoted (albeit through the playoffs now prob), and still in 2 cups.

The result is an embarrassment though. It's not an over reaction to be raging at it. If you go away to Morton and lose by the odd goal, then you can rationalise that, but we shouldn't be losing at home to them, and never by that scoreline.

We are, but we were taken apart 3-0 at home by a team who we might end up facing in the playoffs.

Hopefully that fact gives the players as big a jolt as it has given me.

Games must be raised.

snooky
25-02-2016, 11:20 AM
For all those old timers out there.
"It's deja vu all over again" - Yogi Berra

Thecat23
25-02-2016, 11:23 AM
I've just seen the highlights that's one of the worst misses I've seen from a striker at ER. How did Cummings miss it? Secondly Oxley's goalkeeping for their first and second is primary school stuff.

These kind of errors cost us last night, let's hope that's them out the way.

percy veer
25-02-2016, 11:46 AM
Firstly we were well beat end of.

We should have took our chances in the first 15 mins but didn't. It also shows how much we miss PH as the backline was all over the shop

Another poor attendance tonight in what was a massive game in my eyes.

it may be that the cups are peoples priority instead of the promotion this year

NAE NOOKIE
25-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Being disappointed at last nights result isn't an overreaction ..... As others have said it was a vital game and we didn't play well, especially when it came to taking our chances and dealing with Morton on the break .... its a surprise defeat which has all but handed the league to Sevco, who could fail to be disappointed or even angry at that?

Its not unnatural at times like these for fans to look at the shortcomings of individual players, or perceived mistakes by the manager ..... when you win they can be overlooked to an extent, but when you lose they come sharply into focus. For example .... against Hearts Cummings messed up a brilliant opportunity to put us 2 - 0 up and Keatings missed an absolute sitter ........ folk were pretty philosophical after the game coz we won, but if the game had finished 1 - 0 to the Yams the reaction would have been totally different.

The truth is every one of our players has their flaws .... if they didn't they would be plying their trade elsewhere for much more money. When too many of them have a game where they fail to overcome these flaws we can get a result like last night. Our keeper had a poor game, our defence were caught by Morton on the break too many times, our midfield contributed little to the attack or defence and our strikers missed a number of chances ... The game was crying out for a tricky wide player and the one guy available who could have filled that role and who had played well on Sunday, Carmichael, wasn't even on the bench.

But for all that the blame for where we now find ourselves at still lies firmly at the door of Terry Butcher, Rod Petrie and the set of duds who got us relegated in the first place, straight into a league which is as bad a perfect storm as its possible to get in Scottish football .... Hearts, Sevco and only one automatic promotion place ........ For all the laughter at Sevco getting pumped by Motherwell in the playoff it was simply the worst outcome for us .... don't tell me that Motherwell would have had a record of W - 20, D - 3, L - 2 at this stage of the season if they had gone down.

The last time we were relegated we won 28 games, drew 5 and lost 4 ........ we won the league by 23 points. By the time we get to the end of this season we will have a record not a lot worse than that and probably lose the league by around 8 points. That's perspective and shows what a herculean task was handed to the previous incumbents successors ...... the fitba equivalent of a ***** on a stick !!!

So aye it was disappointing, aye folk were probably angry at a chance blown and who it was against ...... but some folk booing a set of players whose commitment to the cause this season has been beyond question ...... that is a massive over reaction and totally uncalled for in my opinion !!!

SlickShoes
25-02-2016, 12:05 PM
it may be that the cups are peoples priority instead of the promotion this year

For me, money wise, at this time of the month I have had to choose either buying cup final tickets or going to a weeknight game vs morton. Sorry to say it's not a difficult choice.

There have been lots of games recently and unless you are wealthy or in debt I doubt many will have been buying tickets for all of them.

percy veer
25-02-2016, 12:35 PM
For me, money wise, at this time of the month I have had to choose either buying cup final tickets or going to a weeknight game vs morton. Sorry to say it's not a difficult choice.

There have been lots of games recently and unless you are wealthy or in debt I doubt many will have been buying tickets for all of them.

sorry mabey the word priority is the wrong choice, I 100% agree with you, I was there last night but wish people would stop going on about people going to the final like they are glory hunters and any less of a fan

proud_and_green
25-02-2016, 01:07 PM

That will not be an over reaction! If we don't go up this year then I think there will be a justifiable meltdown!

silverhibee
25-02-2016, 01:38 PM
We were potentially looking at a 3rd year in this division anyway. All that's changed last night is that our chances of going up automatically have taken a potentially fatal blow.

The worst thing for me from last night was then desire from some of the players. They wanted it more than us all over the pitch last night.

Not according to Leeann Dempster, she was planning for promotion this season, it will now have to be done through the play off's, and the last 2 seasons in them haven't gone well for us, hopefully 3rd time lucky, but it's a lottery who goes through in these play off's, who would have thought Motherwell would have stayed in the top league last season.

I think Hibs threw all the eggs in the one basket and hoped we could push Rangers for the title this season, if it doesn't work and we find ourself's down here for a 3rd season in a row then it will be a disaster for the club, we won't be able to hold on to a number of our players, possibly a drop in ST sales, unless there is a big drop on how much they cost, can the club keep charging top league prices for this league.

Even if we were to win 2 cups it wouldn't make any difference on attendances next season, the day trippers will have seen what they want to see and not bother again until our next final, quite simply put, we need to get out this league this season, it's a must.

easty
25-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Not according to Leeann Dempster, she was planning for promotion this season, it will now have to be done through the play off's, and the last 2 seasons in them haven't gone well for us, hopefully 3rd time lucky, but it's a lottery who goes through in these play off's, who would have thought Motherwell would have stayed in the top league last season.

I think Hibs threw all the eggs in the one basket and hoped we could push Rangers for the title this season, if it doesn't work and we find ourself's down here for a 3rd season in a row then it will be a disaster for the club, we won't be able to hold on to a number of our players, possibly a drop in ST sales, unless there is a big drop on how much they cost, can the club keep charging top league prices for this league.

Even if we were to win 2 cups it wouldn't make any difference on attendances next season, the day trippers will have seen what they want to see and not bother again until our next final, quite simply put, we need to get out this league this season, it's a must.

:agree: agree with all of that

but I do think we'll go up through the playoffs.

J-C
25-02-2016, 02:07 PM
I've just seen the highlights that's one of the worst misses I've seen from a striker at ER. How did Cummings miss it? Secondly Oxley's goalkeeping for their first and second is primary school stuff.

These kind of errors cost us last night, let's hope that's them out the way.

Just watched them, it was like sunday league football, truly awful.

coldingham hibs
25-02-2016, 02:43 PM
:agree: agree with all of that

but I do think we'll go up through the playoffs.

The only way we will have a chance of going up is if our forwards start scoring goals, supported by the midfield & defenders chipping in. Some of our play around the box is simply pathetic. With the calibre of forwards we have we should be scoring 3 or 4 per game. Almost every match, win, lose or draw has a nail biting finish.

For all the improvement shown this season there is something seriously missing in the final third, whether that's a lack of training, confidence or tactics I just don't know.

By all accounts this season could end up a disaster for everyone connected to the club and all the early praise will be replaced by previous Seasons doom & gloom.

Onion
25-02-2016, 02:44 PM

Difficult to argue with that :greengrin

Onion
25-02-2016, 02:49 PM
The only way we will have a chance of going up is if our forwards start scoring goals, supported by the midfield & defenders chipping in. Some of our play around the box is simply pathetic. With the calibre of forwards we have we should be scoring 3 or 4 per game. Almost every match, win, lose or draw has a nail biting finish.

For all the improvement shown this season there is something seriously missing in the final third, whether that's a lack of training, confidence or tactics I just don't know.

By all accounts this season could end up a disaster for everyone connected to the club and all the early praise will be replaced by previous Seasons doom & gloom.

Agree we're crap in front of goal and this could come back in bite us badly in crunch games, but last night was all about the defence going AWOL. Important we put last night behind us and get back to winning ways, with momentum into the last few weeks of the season.

Mikey09
25-02-2016, 03:05 PM
A few twists, turns and funny results still to come. I guarantee it.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-02-2016, 03:14 PM
If there had been a thread a few weeks back which asked posters, how many points were expected from Livingston away and Alloa and Morton at home, I suspect the majority would have said nine. Maybe six for two wins. Anyone suggesting four, would have got pelters.

Four from nine is what we have got. That form, doesn't win league titles.

Accepting that the league is all but beyond us, is more realist, than bed-wetter surely?

Dav1986
25-02-2016, 03:19 PM

I still think that we will go up. Have always thought that, just depended on by what method.

There bit you highlighted I was referring to their other poster saying that now we are looking at 3 seasons down here. I was merely pointing out that that was a potential outcome anyway.

I do agree with most of what you say.

Andy74
25-02-2016, 03:23 PM
I still think that we will go up. Have always thought that, just depended on by what method.

There bit you highlighted I was referring to their other poster saying that now we are looking at 3 seasons down here. I was merely pointing out that that was a potential outcome anyway.

I do agree with most of what you say.

It was a potential outcome.

Up until last night though a straighter route was still very much available.

We still had to play Rangers and they have to go to Falkirk away.

Now we need Rangers to lose 3 times. The probability has very much changed so to say nothing has changed is far from correct.

SeanWilson
25-02-2016, 03:29 PM
Its OK... The Rangers are going to draw their next three, us winning all three at a canter... then we're going to go on another run of wins and pump them at ER in April... putting us 1 point ahead :greengrin:greengrin

I'm away for a lie down

1987kev
25-02-2016, 03:35 PM
We have better squad than last season but last season we would batter teams create chances , this year we defend better but don't create enough. Question for someone that goes to every game when was the last time we battered a team in the league and you walk away thinking we played really well today?

SeanWilson
25-02-2016, 03:41 PM
We have better squad than last season but last season we would batter teams create chances , this year we defend better but don't create enough. Question for someone that goes to every game when was the last time we battered a team in the league and you walk away thinking we played really well today?

Alloa on Sunday. Completely and utterly bossed it without being at our best. Made umpteen opportunities and took 3.

1987kev
25-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Alloa on Sunday. Completely and utterly bossed it without being at our best. Made umpteen opportunities and took 3.

I thought we played ok in spells against the worst team in the league and they could easily could scored 2 goals

mghibs
25-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Whilst a lot harder, it is still possible to catch Rangers. They only need to lose twice and for us to beat them. Considering they still need to play Falkirk away, and the possibility of a freak result like ours last night it is still possible. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I think it is a little harsh to turn on the squad after 1 freak result.

jacomo
25-02-2016, 04:02 PM
That will not be an over reaction! If we don't go up this year then I think there will be a justifiable meltdown!

Great. Looking forward to the car park protest already. We'll definitely get that Petrie **** out this time!

:wink:

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 04:43 PM
Just watched Cummings terrible miss, and i think he's fouled and pushed while going for that easy header. And that is whats made him miss the chance, although FFS what the hell is Oxley doing at the first 2 goals.

Any decent keeper would clear out anything and everything for the first one while punching it clear, and the 2nd one is just comical. Say what you like about him, but for the amount of chances he needs to save, far too many don't stick and give the opposition another chance that i believe a decent keeper should not be doing.

broondog
25-02-2016, 05:29 PM

Sorry but that is a massive overreaction. Did you really think at any stage we were seriously going to challenge Rangers for the title? Look at their budget, absolutely massive compared to ours. I think it was crazy assuming that we would go up this season in the first place and you need to take a reality check and stop expecting us to seamlessly ease our way back into the SPL.

If we don't do it this season it will be far from a disaster in my eyes. we are still in two cups with a huge chance of winning something and have built a young and exciting squad who I am sure will go up next season 100%. If you take into account the league is much stronger this year and the bottom sides in the SPL will be very tough if we make it far enough to play them, I don't think it will be a disaster as you put it if we don't quite make it this year. I am prepared for that but hopefully we put in a fight in the play offs and do it.

If we win a cup that will be a result for us and something we should celebrate regardless if we get promoted or not. The reaction on here at the fact we may not go up and the kneejerk backlash that has resulted is embarrassing.

Andy74
25-02-2016, 05:52 PM
Sorry but that is a massive overreaction. Did you really think at any stage we were seriously going to challenge Rangers for the title? Look at their budget, absolutely massive compared to ours. I think it was crazy assuming that we would go up this season in the first place and you need to take a reality check and stop expecting us to seamlessly ease our way back into the SPL.

If we don't do it this season it will be far from a disaster in my eyes. we are still in two cups with a huge chance of winning something and have built a young and exciting squad who I am sure will go up next season 100%. If you take into account the league is much stronger this year and the bottom sides in the SPL will be very tough if we make it far enough to play them, I don't think it will be a disaster as you put it if we don't quite make it this year. I am prepared for that but hopefully we put in a fight in the play offs and do it.

If we win a cup that will be a result for us and something we should celebrate regardless if we get promoted or not. The reaction on here at the fact we may not go up and the kneejerk backlash that has resulted is embarrassing.

Yes I did actually. The club did too. It was their aim to win the league.

No one assumed we would go up but it was possible. When you look at the results that will probably stop it happening they are games we should win.

The squad you say we are building might not be affordable next year.

stantonhibby
25-02-2016, 05:59 PM
Just watched Cummings terrible miss, and i think he's fouled and pushed while going for that easy header. And that is whats made him miss the chance, although FFS what the hell is Oxley doing at the first 2 goals.

Any decent keeper would clear out anything and everything for the first one while punching it clear, and the 2nd one is just comical. Say what you like about him, but for the amount of chances he needs to save, far too many don't stick and give the opposition another chance that i believe a decent keeper should not be doing.

Not exactly the greatest of crosses by Gray either. I don't know why he didn't roll it across into JC's path.

PISTOL1875
25-02-2016, 06:30 PM

Over-reaction ?? You think ?? Firstly , did you sit there freezing your baws off in the stand tonight ??

Secondly , you are entitled to your opinion BUT if you think that chucking a wobbler after we have just been well and truly horsed by Morton 3-0 at home isn't a over-reaction then I am sorry , but you need to stop watching football..

ancient hibee
25-02-2016, 07:03 PM

It was a bad miss and he was pushed but we seemed to allow ourselves to be pushed off the ball far too easily.Watch McGeoch staggering around as if he's been shot in the lead up to the second goal and the wee pretend tackles put in be a number of players.Time for some to man up again and dish it out.

25-02-2016, 07:14 PM
Horrible result that realistically puts our chances of winning the league out of sight. If we are gonna go up this season we are gonna have to do it the hard way and go through the play-offs.

However, I hope last nights result acts as a wake up call and it turns out just to be a small blip.

Turkish Green
25-02-2016, 07:21 PM
I never thought that we would be consistent enough to win the championship but confident we will reach the play-off final. I do not see anything from Motherwell, Hamilton or Killie that should worry us.

SeanWilson
25-02-2016, 09:07 PM

If we don't go up this year, how'd we sustain this current spending beyond or means? How'd we hang on to the current crop of talent that might not be that keen on another year of championship football?

Winning a cup would be wonderful for the club but nothing will matter if we end up down here another year.

Smartie
25-02-2016, 09:35 PM
I never thought that we would be consistent enough to win the championship but confident we will reach the play-off final. I do not see anything from Motherwell, Hamilton or Killie that should worry us.

Motherwell, Hamilton and Killie don't scare me in the slightest but we've made very heavy weather of our games with Falkirk and Morton this season.

I don't remotely relish the prospect of those ties.

scotiaf
26-02-2016, 04:52 AM
Over-reaction ?? You think ?? Firstly , did you sit there freezing your baws off in the stand tonight ??

Secondly , you are entitled to your opinion BUT if you think that chucking a wobbler after we have just been well and truly horsed by Morton 3-0 at home isn't a over-reaction then I am sorry , but you need to stop watching football..

No my baws were in my bed sleeping as Hibs tv could not cover it. Ok I will hand in my football watching pass and take up camel racing as it seems to be the thing over here.

HibeesLittleHel
26-02-2016, 07:23 AM
I do not see anything from Motherwell, Hamilton or Killie that should worry us.

Seriously? We contrived to allow our possession and control of the fame to be eradicated by a team set up to frustrate us and grab a goal if they got the chance. We failed to react positively to that and ended up like chickens without heads allowing Morton to pick us off. They could and should have scored more when we failed to trouble their keeper in the second half.
Play like that against Motherwell, Hamilton or Kilmarnock, assuming we get past (probably) Falkirk and we'll get nowr!!

A blip indeed so the team need to gwt their collective S++t together and close out the remaining games by converting our dominance into goals.

blackpoolhibs
26-02-2016, 07:31 AM
Seriously? We contrived to allow our possession and control of the fame to be eradicated by a team set up to frustrate us and grab a goal if they got the chance. We failed to react positively to that and ended up like chickens without heads allowing Morton to pick us off. They could and should have scored more when we failed to trouble their keeper in the second half.
Play like that against Motherwell, Hamilton or Kilmarnock, assuming we get past (probably) Falkirk and we'll get nowr!!

A blip indeed so the team need to gwt their collective S++t together and close out the remaining games by converting our dominance into goals.

Be fair, we don't play like we did on Wednesday very often, there's more chance we will play like we did against Aberdeen or Hearts than we did against Morton.

allezsauzee
26-02-2016, 08:19 AM
On the bright side if we end up in the play offs we could now potentially be beating 9 Premiership teams this season. 4 down already , hopefully Ross County and ICT in March. Maybe Dundee and Celtic in the semi and final of Scottish Cup and then another in the play off :thumbsup:

DH1875
26-02-2016, 08:36 AM
Motherwell, Hamilton and Killie don't scare me in the slightest but we've made very heavy weather of our games with Falkirk and Morton this season.

I don't remotely relish the prospect of those ties.

Lose to Falkirk or Morton in the playoffs and I can see it being all out civil war on here.