PDA

View Full Version : Lets keep supporting Stubbs and the team!

BOB MARLEYS DUG
25-02-2016, 02:05 AM
Of course last night was extremely poor and unacceptable. Yes we were well and truly beaten. But, we haven't had many times like that at all this season. Lets move on and forget about last night and move forward. The team have been superb up till now and I feel last night we learnt a lesson!

We are still fighting on all three fronts. Still challenging for the league (although it's looking like an uphill battle now) still in the QF of the Scottish Cup and in the League Cup final. I'm sure if someone said that at the start of the season, hardly anyone would believe them. Stubbs and them team have gave us some great times this season, and to be honest a performance like last night had been coming.

Lets just hope that last night was just a blip and we can pick ourselves up and keep fighting. 1 loss at ER all season and folk are overracting! Come on, lets get behind the team and forget last night even happened.

We fight till the end, together!

GGTTH

Crammond Hibee
25-02-2016, 07:56 AM
Of course last night was extremely poor and unacceptable. Yes we were well and truly beaten. But, we haven't had many times like that at all this season. Lets move on and forget about last night and move forward. The team have been superb up till now and I feel last night we learnt a lesson!

We are still fighting on all three fronts. Still challenging for the league (although it's looking like an uphill battle now) still in the QF of the Scottish Cup and in the League Cup final. I'm sure if someone said that at the start of the season, hardly anyone would believe them. Stubbs and them team have gave us some great times this season, and to be honest a performance like last night had been coming.

Lets just hope that last night was just a blip and we can pick ourselves up and keep fighting. 1 loss at ER all season and folk are overracting! Come on, lets get behind the team and forget last night even happened.

GGTTH

Yes I agree
But Stubbsy makes mistakes as well
To leave out Bartley in Hanlon Are mistakes

TamHibs
25-02-2016, 08:02 AM
Yes I agree

Or you could call it squad rotation? :confused:

Steve20
25-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Yes I agree

I think it was a case of looking towards the ICT game as Hanlon and Bartley are suspended for that one. We underestimated Morton and thought we'd win while resting them. Hopefully it's a wake up call to the players that we can't underestimate anyone.

SeanWilson
25-02-2016, 08:39 AM

Last night was a must win against a team that were highly likely to sit it and try and break out when we were all rushing forward (especially after they scored first). Bartley was a must.

heretoday
25-02-2016, 11:01 AM
I think it was a case of looking towards the ICT game as Hanlon and Bartley are suspended for that one. We underestimated Morton and thought we'd win while resting them. Hopefully it's a wake up call to the players that we can't underestimate anyone.

All the more reason to use those guys when they are available! The ICT game is secondary in importance to the league IMO.

Pretty Boy
25-02-2016, 11:13 AM
I was one of a handful who stayed to the end last night and applauded the team off. Got a few strange looks but I can live with that.

The team has given everything this year. Last night was in no way acceptable but we are still battling on 3 fronts and could well end up with a trophy and promotion. If at the end of the season we end up with no cup and another year in the league then my reaction will be quite different. As it is the team needs our backing as much as we need them to raise the performance level again.

Super_JMcGinn
25-02-2016, 11:20 AM

GGTTH

Other than PB your thread has been hijacked somewhat :confused:. I agree with you both, we were all gutted last night but all is far from lost. GGTTH :aok:

Brightside
25-02-2016, 11:35 AM
I was one of a handful who stayed to the end last night and applauded the team off. Got a few strange looks but I can live with that.

The team has given everything this year. Last night was in no way acceptable but we are still battling on 3 fronts and could well end up with a trophy and promotion. If at the end of the season we end up with no cup and another year in the league then my reaction will be quite different. As it is the team needs our backing as much as we need them to raise the performance level again.

I could not bring myself to clap them. I'll clap when we get beat if we have shown desire and effort. That was lacking big time last night and should never be applauded. They should be ashamed that 8000+ people have turned up to support them and they have not done their job. I've said it 100 times, the Cups don't mean anything WE must get promotion. Last night was the most important game so far this season and the players couldn't be arsed. Young lads at Morton showed them how to do it.

snedzuk
25-02-2016, 11:41 AM

Also stayed behind to applaud the team off after what has been a great run but also to applaud morton who delivered a reality lesson last night. Certainly made my freezing wait afterwards for qots tickets 'challenging'.

Reflecting today on two things as well.

1 took a 12.1 bet on Fontaine to score and hibs win in retrospect thinking that fonts was overdue a goal and the win part was not in doubt - wonder how many players were thinking that way!

2 I don't criticise individual players - I have off days just like they do but cumulatively I realised last night that I always watch the opposition keeper to see if they have a better one than we do. Wasn't a confident performance in goal last night event hough mark had a couple of good stops before they scored.

For anyone not there OK we missed at least one sitter and had a penalty not given (no guarantee we'd have scored btw) but 3-0 flattered hibs IMO - they could have scored more on the break and our defence was glass fragile.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-02-2016, 08:56 AM
Other than PB your thread has been hijacked somewhat :confused:. I agree with you both, we were all gutted last night but all is far from lost. GGTTH :aok:

Exactly. We need to bounce back!

rcarter1
26-02-2016, 08:21 PM

Its a tough call. Mistake is a hard word, given that we could have been 2-0 up in the first twenty and gone on to win well. I can only say though, that I hope Hanlon and Bartley don't miss many more games this season!

jacomo
26-02-2016, 08:34 PM
Yes I agree

Sure. It's a fair enough comment.

Doesn't mean he's not worthy of our support does it?

Stubbs has got a lot more right than wrong. He's learning, but he's also turned Hibs back into a proper professional football club again.

This is now crunch time and we are still - just about - in all the competitions we want to be in. Let's back this team all the way.

lord bunberry
26-02-2016, 08:41 PM
I think you're right and it backfired big time. There's nothing wrong with criticising Stubbs when it's merited, it doesn't mean you're not right behind him and the team.