PDA

View Full Version : The end of the season

Ozyhibby
24-02-2016, 11:57 PM
For the 5th year in a row the season will all come down to the last game and will either end in elation or crushing disappointment. So far we have had 4 of the latter. Let's hope we can break the cycle this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibbyhaz
25-02-2016, 12:02 AM
I'll drink to that (even though I'm not old enough to) :gwa:

Thecat23
25-02-2016, 12:07 AM
Still in both cups, league isn't over until mathematically impossible. Still couple of twists and turns yet. It's tough now granted but who knows what will happen. A Rangers loss then if we beat them it's on! 😁

Ozyhibby
25-02-2016, 12:10 AM
Still in both cups, league isn't over until mathematically impossible. Still couple of twists and turns yet. It's tough now granted but who knows what will happen. A Rangers loss then if we beat them it's on! [emoji16]

I admire your optimism but I don't see it. They have only dropped 12 points in 25 games and I can't see them dropping 9 in their last 11 while we win 11 out of 11.
It's the play offs now.

Thecat23
25-02-2016, 12:17 AM
I admire your optimism but I don't see it. They have only dropped 12 points in 25 games and I can't see them dropping 9 in their last 11 while we win 11 out of 11.
It's the play offs now.

I know but miracles happen 😉

greenlex
25-02-2016, 03:15 AM
They are without their top goal scorer. We need to win the lot and see what happens. Big ask but we cannot drop another single point in the run in. It can be done.

lucky
25-02-2016, 07:39 AM
I think most of us thought it would be the play offs this year. We just need to regroup and move on. We've got lots to play for but the players will realise now that it's hard work which get you victories not showboating

marinello59
25-02-2016, 08:57 AM
The title is gone, it's all about making sure we secure second spot now. This team is good enough to get through against any of the potential contenders over two legs but last night shows that nothing will be handed to us, we have to grab every chance we get.
We will learn a lot about how the remainder of the season will play out at Dumbarton on Saturday. Given the spirit and resilience this team has shown for the majority of the season I expect nothing less than a win. Let's hope they don't let themselves down again.

blackpoolhibs
25-02-2016, 09:02 AM
Yip its the play offs now unless they have a catastrophic collapse. Its all about winning the League Cup and making sure we prepare well for those play offs, make sure every player is rested when needed and played enough to keep in tip top condition for these play offs.

The Scottish cup has taken less importance in my eyes, obviously i'd like to win it but we really need to get promoted at all costs THIS season.

DH1875
25-02-2016, 09:12 AM
We ain't winning the league but season is far from over. Still got the playoffs and cup games ahead of us.

leggeto
25-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Still in both cups, league isn't over until mathematically impossible. Still couple of twists and turns yet. It's tough now granted but who knows what will happen. A Rangers loss then if we beat them it's on! 😁

Yeah there will be more slip ups by us and them,but I'm happier losing to Morton rather than Falkirk or Qots or rangers

Ronniekirk
25-02-2016, 12:16 PM
Realistically i cant see us winning the league now
But equally we have achieved too much to think we will just buckle after one bad defeat
We will start again and am sure Stubbs will make sure the players heads don't go down
He just needs to make sure that type of performance is seen as unacceptable and manage the rotation better Seven changes per game is too many But he will know who needs rested and who needs more game rime and plastic pitch st Dumfries will rule a few out
Having to play so many games after the exertions and highs of cup games was always going to be a test of the squads character attitude and fitness
So Stubbs will have learnt from last night
But no question not having a settled front pairing and lack of pace and width has been an issue but we have got away with it in a lot of games
But it was a collective failure last Night and it will be addressed and sorted for Dumbarton game Am confident of that
Last post on this game Time to move on

Diclonius
25-02-2016, 12:18 PM
Just please don't let us get consigned down here again by ****ing Falkirk. Don't think I could take it.